Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #101
Tigercat
College Starter

Everyone who wants to talk/debate publicly about tasers as a legitimate non lethal deterrent is a worthless complainer and a cop hater. I hope all discussions on the legitimacy of the use of a dangerous weapon should be stricken from our memories forever.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #102
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Since some of you think police are shit, why don't you become police officers yourself?

Biggest reason I would not become a police officer : I wouldn't let other cops break the law at will. Too many think being a cop means they get to park on sidewalks, speed all the time, and generally act like the King of their patrol area. I wouldn't last long.

Last edited by Tekneek : 06-11-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #103
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I was actually dumb enough to point out to a cop one time that he was breaking the law by speeding.

In case you're wondering, he didn't write himself a ticket. But on the good side, I didn't get tazed.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #104
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Since some of you think police are shit, why don't you become police officers yourself?

+1
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #105
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Trooper Randall Wade Vetter
Texas Department of Public Safety - Texas Highway Patrol
Texas
End of Watch: Monday, August 7, 2000

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 6 years
Badge Number: 8243

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Gunfire
Date of Incident: Thursday, August 3, 2000
Weapon Used: Rifle
Suspect Info: Convicted of murder

Trooper Vetter died from a gunshot wound he received 4 days earlier while conducting a traffic stop.

Trooper Vetter had stopped 72-year-old driver Melvin Edison Hale of Kyle for not wearing a seatbelt.
While he was sitting in his patrol car, the suspect exited his vehicle and opened fire with a rifle.

The trooper was struck in the head. Trooper Vetter was able to return fire but did not hit the suspect.

The suspect then used the patrol car's radio to say he shot the officer and then attempted to flee the scene.

An off duty officer who was passing by, witnessed the shooting and alerted other officers.

The suspect was then taken into custody after a brief standoff on the roadway.

The suspect was known to local officers for claiming he would shoot any officer who tried to write him a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. The suspect was convicted of murder.

Trooper Vetter had been with the Texas Department of Public Safety for six years, and is survived by his wife and eight-month-old son.

http://www.vidmax.com/video/57688/Te..._Traffic_Stop/

Last edited by judicial clerk : 06-11-2009 at 07:16 PM.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

cheerful story
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #107
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

what is wrong with people...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #108
Danny
Head Coach

I was almost tazered by two cops last night!!!

Ok, not really, but I was driving home from class listening to the Lakers game. When I finally got home and parked my car , there was about 3 minutes left in the game. I have to park a half block or so away from my house and didn't want to miss any of the game, so my I locked my car and was doing a half run/jog with my backpack to where I live so I wouldn't miss the game.

As I got up the street a little, I hear someone from behind yelling where I was headed in such a hurry. I turned around and it was a cop car that just turned on the street. I said it was the last 3 minutes of the Lakers game and I didn't want to miss any of it. They then told me to wait there and got out of the car. They said they saw me messing with the car down the street. I told them it was my car and showed them the keys that were still in my hand (never put them in my pocket after locking the car). They took the keys to look at them and had me turn around. My key is an official inifiniti key, so it was easy to tell it was for the infiniti there. They then asked where I lived and I pointed to the house and said the house right there and said the address. They gave me the keys back and told me to have a nice day.

For a second I saw him reaching for his tazer though! Not really, they were doing their job and I didn't really miss much of the game as that whole thing didn't take very long.

Last edited by Danny : 06-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #109
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

the bitch deserved it
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote