Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #101
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post
is BD only a level 10 dungeon (I've gotten 3 consecutive levels with no down stairs)? If so, what is the next best place to go - I have gotten to lvl 20 with only a few resists? (I guess that's three questions).

Yes BD only reaches to lvl 10, after that, I usually choose between the Mirkwood Forest and the Orc Caves, both of which are a couple wilderness tiles to the NW of town (if memory serves).
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #102
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Two questions - when is the comp over? and is BD only a level 10 dungeon (I've gotten 3 consecutive levels with no down stairs)? If so, what is the next best place to go - I have gotten to lvl 20 with only a few resists? (I guess that's three questions).

Comp is over a week from tonight. Yep BD only goes down to level 10. There actually should be a downstair on the bottom level that takes you back to the surface I think. Check the help menu out for where to go next. Go to the spoilers menu, and then the dungeons option. It breaks down the various dungeons-gives a brief description and then what levels it covers. You have a few choices after BD depending on your level and equipment. Old Forest is right next to Bree. I'm close to finishing the Orc Caves right now, its a bit to the north of Bree. Have some method of area effect attacks before going there (Noxious Cloud spell works great, Fireflash seems to be good too from what I've read about it). Or if you want to continue on with the "main" adventure where you will keep getting Princess/Lost Sword quests, you can try Mirkwood. Probably best if you have some method of flight/tree walking I think from what JAG has said about that place.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #103
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
There actually should be a downstair on the bottom level that takes you back to the surface I think.

I think you only get the stairs to town if you get a princess quest on lvl 10. If you get the mysterious stranger quest, or come back to lvl 10 after you've solved the quest, you won't get any stairs down.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #104
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I think you only get the stairs to town if you get a princess quest on lvl 10. If you get the mysterious stranger quest, or come back to lvl 10 after you've solved the quest, you won't get any stairs down.

ah didn't know that-I did have a princess quest there
Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #105
path12
Coordinator

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #106
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ummmm...I take it you died Path?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #107
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well at level 20 of the Orc Caves now about to go look for the Deathwatch special level. Thought it'd be a good time to use that Acquirement spell for any useful boost I might get before trying that level. Here goes nothing....A Awl Pike of *Slay Animal* (+4, +9]....crap was really hoping for some kinda armor. It's not a bad weapon really-has detect animal, +2 to Stealth and INT and slow digestion in addition to the extra damage to animals, but not what I was looking for at all sadly.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #108
path12
Coordinator

Finish the princess quest on level 7 of Barrowdowns. Lava pit surrounds but it looks like I can get through one square and then get my reward. I didn't realize that the Death Sword next to that square could actually hit me -- so, step on lava square and take that damage and then the $&#&%(#&!!! sword hits and I'm dead.

This game is so frustrating.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #109
Thomkal
Head Coach

ooof. That's about all I can say about that death.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #110
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
ooof. That's about all I can say about that death.

Throw in "I hate mimics" too.

Alwin survived the special levels 70 and 85 in Angband (85 is especially difficult, tons of Q's of all sorts, also had to polish off Gothmog (unique lvl 95 Balrog) and a unique angel of fire in the same room, Gothmog summoned a huge amount of greater demons because I was stupid with how I tried to take care of a breeding black dragon worm, but otherwise made it through with few problems). Since I last posted I found unique armor that adds +40% to hps and has immunity to electricity + cold, so with some equipment shuffling, Alwin is up to a robust 1400-1500 hps, immune to the four cardinal elements, and base speed of +22 (thanks to a ring of speed +11). I'd like to swap in an amulet that adds another 40% mana, but I don't quite have the right equipment to pull it off (or don't feel like spending the time sorting through things). Next major step is heading to Angband level 99 and lower to ask Sauron about a certain ring.

Some suggestions if your characters are reaching the middle levels and are still alive...

Keep an eye out for The Anchor of Space-Time. This is very handy for monsters that teleport you or themselves since it prevents them from escaping (very useful vs. Q's, liches, and thunderlords in particular, but also irritants like phase spiders and blink dogs). Also keep an eye out for The Ring of Flare, a very very nice ring that gives you +3 con, immunity to fire, flying, and ability to swap positions with another monster. This power is particularly useful because it is the only teleportation-like effect that works on special levels.

I just remembered that I believe after you finish off a lost sword quest that a princess quest gets added on that level the next time you visit it. I'm not 100% sure that's true, but I may go whip through Mirkwood / Mordor again just to be sure I didn't leave any behind although they'll probably be trivial to complete at this point.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #111
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just finished the Deathwatch level of the Orc Caves-was pretty easy thanks to Noxious Cloud. Levelled up while there and that enabled me to get my Eru spells up to Level 30 which means I can fully ID everything on the ground on the entire level and when I get back home *ID* everything with another spell.

Now I get to run around the level now that I've killed off everything and "shop" including the three guaranteed artifacts. Fun stuff.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #112
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

My last run to the dungeon had some decent rewards after killing about 30 great wyrms, Ancalagon the Black (unique Wyrm), a ringwraith, The Tarrasque, and some other nasties. Cubregol (a crossbow that gives +10 speed) and a scroll of artifact creation which, as the name suggests, turns an average or good piece of equipment into an artifact. I'm leaning towards a digger though I've got nothing decent for footware at this point either.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #113
Thomkal
Head Coach

Having fun in the sandworm Lair so far, relatively small levels, most with some kind of vault in them and lots of stats potions. my INT is at 30 at the moment.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #114
path12
Coordinator

Just as an offhand observation (since I'm not restarting another Alfwin), I really like ToME. It's the first variant from vanilla Angband that really grabbed me. If I could only get a macro to not break after using it a few times.......
Old 06-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #115
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That's weird about the macro breaking thing. On some rare occasions when I manathrust with F1 I end up on the ~ screen or it just says 'target selected' without firing the spell (not even sure how that happens, but probably if I put a few more Esc's in there it wouldn't), but that's the only problem I've had with the six spells I have macroed.

Thomkal, if you find a really nice greater vault in your travels, be careful around blood sprouts. They're always awake lvl 50 breeders, they hit decently hard, and most dangerously they move exceedingly fast. I lost my first good sorcerer against one a long while back. They're very fragile though, if they're behind a wall, shoot a noxious cloud before you dig through. You won't see the effects until you dig through, then they lemming themselves into your cloud. Other than those, you probably won't have a problem with anything you face except you might not be able to handle wall monsters if you don't have sterilize on the books since they breed quickly and are immune to noxious cloud. Anyway, now that you're there I expect you'll find some good mage staves and spellbooks for Mirkwood and beyond.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #116
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Just as an offhand observation (since I'm not restarting another Alfwin), I really like ToME. It's the first variant from vanilla Angband that really grabbed me. If I could only get a macro to not break after using it a few times.......

Besides that I've got a pretty fun character going, I'd agree with the ToME observation. I really like the skill system and just prefer the experience to playing Z+ which I found frustrating in some ways.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #117
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have to say I prefer Z+ (and some other variants) more than TOME. I'm a traditionalist I guess and prefer something close to the orignal level gaining system. I'm not even using most of the skills for this character which probably has something to do with it too. I like Z+'s wilderness and random towns better. I'm not disliking TOME, just not enjoying it as much.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #118
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That's weird about the macro breaking thing. On some rare occasions when I manathrust with F1 I end up on the ~ screen or it just says 'target selected' without firing the spell (not even sure how that happens, but probably if I put a few more Esc's in there it wouldn't), but that's the only problem I've had with the six spells I have macroed.

Thomkal, if you find a really nice greater vault in your travels, be careful around blood sprouts. They're always awake lvl 50 breeders, they hit decently hard, and most dangerously they move exceedingly fast. I lost my first good sorcerer against one a long while back. They're very fragile though, if they're behind a wall, shoot a noxious cloud before you dig through. You won't see the effects until you dig through, then they lemming themselves into your cloud. Other than those, you probably won't have a problem with anything you face except you might not be able to handle wall monsters if you don't have sterilize on the books since they breed quickly and are immune to noxious cloud. Anyway, now that you're there I expect you'll find some good mage staves and spellbooks for Mirkwood and beyond.

Thanks for the tips about blood sprouts-they sound really nasty. Never thought of using Noxious Cloud that way. Haven't seen any wall monsters in the pit yet, now I'm not looking forward to seeing any if they are immune to noxious cloud. Picked up Fireflash and put it in my mage staff to handle mobs like that though. Found a couple spellbooks in the pit so far, a summoning one I've found a few times, and an "all-meta" spells one which I don't have any use for really. Only one mage staff, which was a normal one. Latest vault had five "Junk-artifacts" in it, a couple of nice rods if I could find some nice rod tips now, and 2 or 3 stat potions. Haven't found any nasty monsters in them yet-wereworms being the only thing I have to watch out for cause they take two manathrusts to kill.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #119
Malificent
High School JV

I like ToME - don't know if I necessarily prefer it over Zangband. Although it has gotten me hankering to run a melee type in ToME to see how it goes. I miss the 32x32 tiles, I will say
Old 06-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #120
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
...an "all-meta" spells one which I don't have any use for really...

If your sorcery skill is 20+, the spellbinder spell in meta is fantastic. You can set it to have 2-4 spells (depending on sorcery + spell power) go off automatically when your hps get below a certain level (like healing, teleport, fireflash, etc...). Make sure you cast it in a safe place though as it takes 32 (!) turns to cast.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #121
Malificent
High School JV

Ok, I think I'm stopping with Alfwin XVI. I may just not be well suited for a magic using class.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #122
thesloppy
Pro Starter

For anybody who wants to dink around with a T.o.M.E. melee class, the assassin class (under thief/rogue) is pretty much all I play....mainly because it's a lot more forgiving than the other classes that take some actual thought. You get good combat/sword skills, and good stealth, letting you wander around undisturbed, so you can pound on sleeping creatures...my kind of action.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #123
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Ok, I think I'm stopping with Alfwin XVI. I may just not be well suited for a magic using class.

16 tries is quite a few.

In the end, the artifact creation scroll created a gnome shovel that gave +1 to int/wis/con/dex/cha. Meh. Although it's still better than what I was getting from that slot before.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #124
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks for the tips about blood sprouts-they sound really nasty. Never thought of using Noxious Cloud that way. Haven't seen any wall monsters in the pit yet, now I'm not looking forward to seeing any if they are immune to noxious cloud. Picked up Fireflash and put it in my mage staff to handle mobs like that though. Found a couple spellbooks in the pit so far, a summoning one I've found a few times, and an "all-meta" spells one which I don't have any use for really. Only one mage staff, which was a normal one. Latest vault had five "Junk-artifacts" in it, a couple of nice rods if I could find some nice rod tips now, and 2 or 3 stat potions. Haven't found any nasty monsters in them yet-wereworms being the only thing I have to watch out for cause they take two manathrusts to kill.

Of course right after I say that, I found 4 mage staffs on the next level. Two normal ones, one a Mage Staff of Spell, and one a Mage Staff of Wizardry (-23, -2) (60%) (+3 to spell power) that I can store a spell in. It raised my spell points from 362 to 582. Guess which staff I'm using now.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #125
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice staff Thomkal. I'm still using a staff of wizardry I found in the Sandworm Caves myself.

To show how nearly indestructible this character has become, I pulled off a beautifully stupid sequence. Traveling around a deep level of Angband, I accidentally probability traveled right in the middle of a leveled greater demon pit. I survived the first round and cast teleport to get the hell (no pun intended) out of there. "The space-time continuum cannot be ..." Oops, I was wearing the Anchor of Space-Time. Another free turn of demon attacks. Spend another turn swapping out the Anchor and so another round of demon attacks take me down to 540ish / 1450 hps. Quaff potion of *healing* and finally teleport out of there the next round. Technically I should've used an artifact of mass genocide I'm carrying but I didn't think of it.

With 23 SPs left, I think I finally figured out what to do with them, which doesn't follow what I had originally planned (frankly I've got plenty of kill power as it is). Since I commented to Thomkal above regarding Spellbinder, I'm going to level meta to 20 so I can have the spell myself, a point in divination for Greater Identify (just a luxury really, so I don't have to tote *ID* scrolls around), and the last couple points in magic device.

Killed Sauron twice but no Ring yet, so the hunt continues.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #126
Thomkal
Head Coach

Found another scroll of acquirement-in one of the vaults in the sandworm lair-this one yielded a Chain Mail of Resistance [14, +15] which will probably be too heavy to wear. I also found another mage staff-this is a Mage Staff of Mana (-12, -18] [100%] which will bring my spell points to a whopping 735 if i use it over the wizardry one
Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #127
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm getting to dislike giant slugs because they crush things when they walk over them-causing me to lose at least two mage staffs in that last vault.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #128
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm getting to dislike giant slugs because they crush things when they walk over them-causing me to lose at least two mage staffs in that last vault.

Yep, they and the acid / fire / cold breathing worms are very irritating in those huge wide open vaults.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #129
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

What does a ring or amulet of "spell" do? I've picked up one of each but I am not sure what to do with them?

Hopefully I'll get some more time to game this weekend, but I have no hope of getting to JAGs insanely high level at this point. I am just hoping to survive.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #130
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What does a ring or amulet of "spell" do? I've picked up one of each but I am not sure what to do with them?

You can copy a spell to them and then cast from the item as if it were a spellbook. Good for two things:

1. Making money (can sell them with high level spells for good cash)
2. Books can be burnt to a crisp by fire, items you're wearing can't be, so you can use it as a backup to prevent losing a spell vital to your survival while you're in the dungeon.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #131
Thomkal
Head Coach

or 3. Put a spell you don't want to carry (as a spellbook) around in it, so frees up one more inventory spot. I've put Fireflash in my mage staffs, disarm in an amulet of spell, and for the sandworm lair here, sterilize in a ring of spell.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #132
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

When someone mentioned putting a spell in a mage staff the light kinda went on. Thanks for confirming.

Is there a limit to how many times or how often you can use the spell in the item?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #133
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nope, once you choose a spell to put in an object you can't change it however.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #134
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Had to kill Sauron 3 times to get The Ring. Mt. Doom was pretty anticlimactic, dropped The One Ring in the fire, found Sauron up there and killed him for good (conveniently there was a Ringwraith right behind him, so one of those is permanently down as well). Morgoth is all that's left to be a winner and then gotta go back and finish up whatever princess quests are hanging around.

Oh, putting points in Meta was pretty suboptimal after all. At the spellpower I have, I could only stick one spell in it and I don't have access to a healing spell because I have no points in Nature (oops). So Meta was only useful for the recharge spell (available at level 5 Meta) which I used to add charges to a staff of mana, which replenishes a % of SPs.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #135
Thomkal
Head Coach

great job there JAG. Hope you get the big guy now. I've just made it out of the sandworm lair with her nice shiny armor and looking to do a couple quests in Lothlorien and one in Bree perhaps before heading to Mirkwood.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #136
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

2nd ever winner. I had a close call before I even found Morgoth when I accidentally probability traveled or teleported in the middle of a pack of water hounds. I got smacked around by irresistible water attacks and lost 1k hps in a turn. There were about 30+ and even if I fully healed if more used their water attack it could've been the end, so I rolled the dice and teleported away from them, fortunately landing in a safe enough place to heal up. Morgoth was challenging but the only really tense time was when he shot a rocket as shards was the only resistance I was missing, but fortunately it 'only' did about 1k hps of damage.

Anyway, pretty fun character and it felt good to actually get a win.

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Alfwin Age 86 STR! 36 Sex : Male Height 56 INT! 40 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 99 WIS! 40 Class : Sorceror Social Class 9 DEX! 35 Body : Player CON! 39 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR! 40 + To Melee Hit -46 Level 50 Hit Points 1422/ 1478 + To Melee Damage -6 Experience 24363561 Spell Points 747/ 1935 + To Ranged Hit -41 Max Exp 24363561 Sanity 930/ 930 + To Ranged Damage 14 Exp to Adv. ***** Piety 45609 AC 51+147 Gold 1584137 Speed Fast (+36) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Poor Blows/Round: 4 Bows/Throw : Very Bad Searching : Poor Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Superb Disarming : Good Mel.dmg/Rnd: 4d4-24 Stealth : Superb Magic Device: Legendary[20]Infra-Vision: 50 feet Tactic: coward Explor: normal (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, curly black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Mirkwood: Level 33 (1650') Mordor: Level 65 (3250') Angband: Level 104 (5200') Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Mount Doom: Level 99 (4950') Submerged Ruins: Level 50 (2500') Cirith Ungol: Level 50 (2500') Paths of the Dead: Level 70 (3500') Maze: Level 37 (1850') Erebor: Level 72 (3600') Moria: Level 40 (2000') Dol Guldur: Level 70 (3500') The Small Water Cave: Level 34 (1700') The Sandworm lair: Level 29 (1450') The Helcaraxe: Level 40 (2000') Your body is a Player. You are currently on level 104 of Angband. You have defeated 8925 enemies. You destroyed the One Ring, thus weakening Sauron. You established a permanent void jumpgates liaison between Minas Anor and Gondolin, thus allowing the last alliance to exist. You saved Gondolin from destruction. You saved the beautiful Mallorns of Lothlorien. You saved Bree from a dreadful Nazgul. You have completed 67 princess quests. You have completed 67 lost sword quests. You saved Arda and became a famed King. You found none of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 13th Quelle of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 27 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : ..3.4...43...... Add Int : .....3.2......1. Add Wis : ....43.2......1+ Add Dex : .........3....1. Add Con : ..3.....434...1. Add Chr : ..3.43.2......1. Mul Mana : +..............+ Mul SPower: +............... Add Stea. : .......2...3.... Add Sear. : ..3............. Add Tun.. : ..............1. Add Speed : .*.*4..2........ Fire Brand: .............+.. Sust Str : .........+...... Sust Int : ......+......... Sust Wis : ................ Sust Dex : .........+...... Sust Con : .........++..... Sust Chr : ................ Invisible : .......+........ Mul life : ......+........+ Sens Fire : ................ Reflect : ................ Free Act : ........+....... Hold Life : ......+......... Imm Acid : .......+*+...... Imm Elec : ......*......... Imm Fire : .+*.+..+........ Imm Cold : ......*+.++..... Res Pois : ....+..+........ Res Fear : ....+....+...... Res Light : ......+......... Res Dark : .........+.....+ Res Blind : ........+....... Res Conf : .....+..+....... Res Sound : .+......+....... Res Shard : ................ Res Neth : ......+......... Res Nexus : .........+...... Res Chaos : .....+..+....... Res Disen : ....+........... Lite : .............++. See Invis : ..+............+ Digestion : .........+...... Regen : ..........+..... Activate : .++.+..+..+..... Fly : ..+............. Orc.ESP : ........+....... Demon.ESP : .............+.. Undead.ESP: .............+.. TLord.ESP : ..+............. Skills (points left: 0) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 01.800 [0.900] . Stealth 09.400 [0.500] . Disarming 00.500 [0.000] - Magic 50.000 [1.200] . Magic-Device 45.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 34.200 [0.600] . Sorcery 01.000 [0.700] . Mana 49.500 [0.900] . Fire 40.000 [1.000] . Water 00.000 [1.000] . Air 00.000 [1.000] . Earth 27.000 [1.000] . Meta 20.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 35.000 [1.000] . Divination 35.000 [1.000] . Temporal 15.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 08.100 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 00.000 [0.900] - Spirituality 19.250 [0.550] . Prayer 00.000 [0.500] - Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500] . Symbiosis 01.000 [0.300] Abilities * Perfect casting [Fates] You may meet a Soldier ant on level 11. You may meet an Agent of the black market on level 1. You are fated to meet a Kobold on level 1. You may meet a Giant white ant on level 1. [Character Equipment] a) a Mage Staff of Wizardry (1d4) (+10,+11)(100%) (+5) It can be wielded two-handed. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your spell power by 5. It increases your mana capacity by 100%. You found it in the remains of an Archlich on level 63 of Mordor. d) The Light Crossbow 'Cubragol' (x3) (+10,+14) (+10) It can be activated for fire branding of bolts every 999 turns if it is being worn. It increases your speed by 10. It provides resistance to fire and sound. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Storm Wyrm on level 87 of Angband. e) The Ring of Flare (+3) It can be activated for dimension door every 100 turns if it is being worn. It grants you the power of swap position if it is being worn. It increases your strength, constitution, charisma and searching by 3. It provides immunity to fire. It allows you to fly. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It allows you to sense the presence of thunderlords. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Hell Wyrm on level 68 of Angband. f) a Ring of Speed (+11) It increases your speed by 11. You found it in the remains of a Great Ice Wyrm on level 85 of Angband. k) The Elfstone 'Elessar' (+7,+7) [+10] (+4) It can be activated for heal and cure black breath every 200 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 3) forever. It increases your strength, wisdom, charisma and speed by 4. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to fire, poison and disenchantment. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 68 of Angband. m) a Dwarven Lantern of the Magi (+3) It grants you the power of magic map if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 2) forever. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your intelligence, wisdom and charisma by 3. It provides resistance to chaos. It cannot be harmed by fire. It was given to you as a reward. n) The Ribbed Plate Armour of Aerad (-73,-21) [28,+10](40%) It increases your hit points by 40%. It sustains your intelligence. It provides immunity to electricity and cold. It provides resistance to life draining, light and nether. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Ice Wyrm on level 72 of Erebor. o) The Shadow Cloak of Luthien [6,+20] (+2) It can be activated for restore life levels every 450 turns if it is being worn. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your intelligence, wisdom, charisma, stealth, speed and luck by 2. It makes you invisible. It provides resistance to acid, fire, cold and poison. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the floor of a special level. p) The Small Metal Shield of Thorin [3,+25] (+4) It increases your strength and constitution by 4. It provides immunity to acid. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to blindness, sound and chaos. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of an Ancient multi-hued dragon on level 41 of Mordor. s) The Steel Helm of Hammerhand [6,+20] (+3) It grants you the power of berserk if it is being worn. It increases your strength, dexterity and constitution by 3. It sustains your strength, dexterity and constitution. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to acid, cold, dark and nexus. It slows your metabolism. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of The Minotaur of the Labyrinth on level 37 of Maze. u) The Set of Gauntlets 'Paurnimmen' [2,+15] (+4) It can be activated for frost bolt (6d8) every 7+d7 turns if it is being worn. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your constitution by 4. It sustains your constitution. It provides resistance to cold. It speeds your regenerative powers. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Khamul, the Black Easterling on level 70 of Angband. x) a Pair of Metal Shod Boots of Stealth [6,+10] (+3 to stealth) It increases your stealth by 3. You found it in the remains of a Dreadmaster on level 56 of Mordor. z) (nothing) {) The Silver Bolt 'Balefire' (6d5) (+20,+15) It provides light (radius 1) forever. It does extra damage from fire. It is a great bane of demons. It is a great bane of undead. It allows you to sense the presence of demons and undead. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Sky Drake on level 93 of Angband. |) The Gnomish Shovel called 'Pathetic' (+1) It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution, charisma and ability to tunnel by 1. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You made it yourself. [Character Inventory] a) 3 Fireproof Tomes of Magical Energy It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 30 of The Sandworm lair. b) 2 Fireproof Tomes of the Eternal Flame It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of a Nycadaemon on level 47 of Mordor. c) 4 Fireproof Tomes of the Impenetrable Earth It cannot be harmed by acid. It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of an Archlich on level 63 of Mordor. d) 6 Fireproof Tomes of Translocation It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of an Archlich on level 63 of Mordor. e) 2 Fireproof Tomes of Knowledge It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of an Archlich on level 63 of Mordor. f) 4 Fireproof Tomes of the Time It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of a Demilich on level 46 of Mordor. g) 2 Tomes of Meta Spells h) Kenault's Cantrip Generator It can be activated for mass genocide every 1000 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 46 of Mordor. i) The Gem of Ghosts It can be activated for genocide every 500 turns. You found it in the remains of an Acidic cytoplasm on level 31 of Mirkwood. j) Mordenkainen's Mysterious Mind-Masher It can be activated for heal 700 hit points every 100 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 26 of The Sandworm lair. k) Olive's Omnipotent Ostrich It can be activated for satisfy hunger every 100 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 44 of Mordor. l) 22 Potions of Cure Insanity m) 21 Potions of *Healing* n) 8 Potions of Restore Mana o) a Silver Rod of the Istari of Healing (178/200) It can hold more mana. It can cast spells for a lesser mana cost. It can cast spells faster. It regenerates its mana faster. You found it in the remains of an Old Sorcerer on level 67 of Dol Guldur. p) a Silver Rod of the Istari of Restoration (132/200) It can hold more mana. It can cast spells for a lesser mana cost. It can cast spells faster. It regenerates its mana faster. You found it in the remains of a Demilich on level 46 of Mordor. q) a Golden Rod of the Istari of Healing (180/250) It can hold more mana. It can cast spells for a lesser mana cost. It can cast spells faster. It regenerates its mana faster. You found it in the remains of a Dracolich on level 95 of Angband. r) a Fireproof Staff of Mana[4|28] (0 charges) It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of a Hell knight on level 88 of Angband. s) The Anchor of Space-Time It provides light (radius 1) forever. It prevents the space-time continuum from being disrupted. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. t) The Dragon Shield of Gaele [8,+31] It sustains your dexterity and charisma. It provides immunity to acid and fire. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to life draining, electricity, poison, light, sound, shards, nexus and chaos. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Morgoth, Lord of Darkness on level 104 of Angband. u) The Massive Iron Crown of Morgoth [0,+0] (+125) {cursed} It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution, charisma and infravision by 125. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire , cold, poison, light, dark, confusion, nether and nexus. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It gives telepathic powers. It is permanently cursed. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Morgoth, Lord of Darkness on level 104 of Angband. v) The Dagger 'Nimthanc' (E:15, L:1) (1d4) (+4,+6) It can be activated for frost bolt (6d8) every 7+d7 turns if it is being worn. It does extra damage from frost. It provides resistance to cold and blindness. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Morgoth, Lord of Darkness on level 104 of Angband. w) The Mighty Hammer 'Grond' (E:37, L:2) (9d9) (+25,+25) [+10] It must be wielded two-handed. It can be activated for alter reality every 100 turns if it is being worn. It can cause earthquakes. It is a great bane of dragons. It is especially deadly against orcs. It is especially deadly against trolls. It is a great bane of demons. It is a great bane of undead. It fights against evil with holy fury. It is especially deadly against natural creatures. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire and cold. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It gives telepathic powers. It produces an anti-magic shell. It aggravates nearby creatures. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #137
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats JAG!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #138
Malificent
High School JV

Absolutely amazing.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #139
Thomkal
Head Coach

well my character finally met his end just shy of level 30. Tried to post a dump here but the dump is mostly all symbols and garbage (anyone know how to fix that?). Deserved the death really, saw a jelly pit with a bunch of stuff in it in Mirkwood, didn't really pay attention to what was in the pit. Got hit by some Greater and Lesser Mimics the first round, but not too badly, Should have moved or ported and reassessed, but just went ahead and cast noxious cloud in the middle of the room rather than try to take out the mimics. Several things attacked me the next round and killed me off. Happy though that I made it all the way on my original character, which I wouldn't have thought possible coming into the challenge

Was an interesting experiment though playing a character who didn't use a weapon other than for resistances and stat plusses. Really happy with the decision to go with the Eru spells and concentrating on sorcery and spell power. Noxious Cloud spell was a flat out game changer for me, let me take out multiple mobs and even uniques with little fear of them getting through it.

Not sure I would play the character again, but was certainly fun to try it. Congrats again JAG!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #140
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Late congrats to JAG's Alfwin! I've been playing T.o.M.E. (retardedly) for years, and I've never even been close to winning, so color me impressed.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #141
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well my character finally met his end just shy of level 30. Tried to post a dump here but the dump is mostly all symbols and garbage (anyone know how to fix that?).

Damn man. That's odd regarding the char dump. When you died and it asked if you wanted to dump the char file, did you agree? If so, I have no idea why it was messed up. I've had some problems with creating char. files at times (sometimes I get a crash to desktop, I think it might have to do if I try doing it while in a house or other odd game situation), but in my case it would just make an empty file.

Quote:
Deserved the death really, saw a jelly pit with a bunch of stuff in it in Mirkwood, didn't really pay attention to what was in the pit. Got hit by some Greater and Lesser Mimics the first round, but not too badly, Should have moved or ported and reassessed, but just went ahead and cast noxious cloud in the middle of the room rather than try to take out the mimics. Several things attacked me the next round and killed me off. Happy though that I made it all the way on my original character, which I wouldn't have thought possible coming into the challenge

Ugh. My rule of engagement with jelly pits: Don't. Stay far far away from them. I've died by mimics in them too many times and there's usually not a reward in xp or treasure worth bothering with them. Let's put it this way, I'm far more likely to take on a pit of greater demons or undead than a jelly pit. Great job lasting almost the whole way through with a single character though, especially one so fragile.

Last day of the competition. Even if you didn't make it all too far, post a character dump. They're fun to look at and others here might have some suggestions to help your future play.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #142
Sporkimata
High School JV

This was the best I could do. Congrats Jag on making it all the way, that is one hell of a feat to do.

[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet]

Name : Alfwin Age 86 STR: 7
Sex : Male Height 56 INT: 24
Race : Dark-Elf Weight 99 WIS: 18
Class : Sorceror Social Class 9 DEX: 17
Body : Player CON: 13
God : Eru Iluvatar CHR: 18

+ To Melee Hit -21 Level 27 Hit Points -8/ 106
+ To Melee Damage -21 Experience 51962 Spell Points 235/ 274
+ To Ranged Hit -11 Max Exp 53080 Sanity 174/ 180
+ To Ranged Damage 12 Exp to Adv. 63000 Piety 11546
AC 24+55 Gold 188974 Speed Fast (+4)

(Miscellaneous Abilities)
Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Very Bad Blows/Round: 1
Bows/Throw : Very Bad Searching : Very Bad Shots/Round: 1
Saving Throw: Excellent Disarming : Poor Mel.dmg/Rnd: 1d4-21
Stealth : Bad Magic Device: Superb Infra-Vision: 50 feet
Tactic: coward
Explor: running
(Character Background)
You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior.
You have black eyes, curly black hair and a very dark
complexion.

[Miscellaneous information]

Joke monsters: OFF
Maximize mode: ON
Preserve Mode: ON
Autoscum: ON
Small Levels: ON
Arena Levels: ON
Always unusual rooms: OFF
Persistent Dungeons: OFF

Recall Depth:
Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500')
Orc Cave: Level 22 (1100')
The Old Forest: Level 21 (1050')

Your body was a Player.
You have defeated 2826 enemies.
You have completed ten princess quests.
You haven't completed a single lost sword quest.
You found none of the relic pieces.

You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age.
You ended your adventure the 52nd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age.
Your adventure lasted 9 days.

Your Attributes:
You are dead, killed by Plasma Ball Trap on level 21 of The Old Forest.
You can cast magic missiles.
You are stunned.
Your eyes are sensitive to infrared light.
You can see invisible creatures.
You levitate just over the ground.
You have free action.
You have ESP.
You have normal luck.
You are carrying a permanent light.
You are resistant to acid.
You are resistant to lightning.
You are resistant to fire.
You are resistant to cold.
You are resistant to poison.
You are resistant to bright light.
You are resistant to darkness.
You are resistant to nexus attacks.
You are resistant to nether forces.
Your eyes are resistant to blindness.
Your constitution is sustained.
Your charisma is sustained.
Your strength is affected by your equipment.
Your intelligence is affected by your equipment.
Your dexterity is affected by your equipment.
Your constitution is affected by your equipment.
Your charisma is affected by your equipment.
Your stealth is affected by your equipment.
Your speed is affected by your equipment.

adefkmnopsuxz{|@
Add Str : .1..............
Add Int : .1..............
Add Wis : ...............+
Add Dex : .1..............
Add Con : .1..............
Add Chr : .1.......3......
Mul Mana : ...............+
Add Stea. : ......13........
Add Speed : .......3........
Sust Str : ................
Sust Int : ................
Sust Wis : ................
Sust Dex : ................
Sust Con : ..........+.....
Sust Chr : ................
Invisible : ................
Mul life : ................
Sens Fire : ................
Reflect : ................
Free Act : ..........+.....
Hold Life : ................
Res Acid : ......++........
Res Elec : ......+.........
Res Fire : ......+.........
Res Cold : ......+.........
Res Pois : ......+.........
Res Fear : ................
Res Light : ..........+.....
Res Dark : ...............+
Res Blind : ..+.............
Res Conf : ................
Res Sound : ................
Res Shard : ................
Res Neth : ................
Res Nexus : .......+........
Res Chaos : ................
Res Disen : ................
Levitate : ...........+....
Lite : .+........+.....
See Invis : ...............+
Xtra Might: .+..............
Activate : .......+..+.....
Orc.ESP : ......+.........

Skills (points left: 0)
. Archery 01.000 [0.000]
- Sneakiness 01.800 [0.900]
. Stealth 03.000 [0.400]
. Disarming 00.500 [0.000]
- Magic 36.076 [1.200]
. Magic-Device 21.500 [1.000]
. Spell-power 31.800 [0.600]
. Sorcery 31.800 [0.700]
. Mana 00.000 [0.900]
. Fire 00.000 [1.000]
. Water 01.000 [1.000]
. Air 00.000 [1.000]
. Earth 00.000 [1.000]
. Meta 00.000 [1.000]
. Conveyance 01.000 [1.000]
. Divination 01.000 [1.000]
. Temporal 00.000 [1.000]
. Mind 00.000 [1.000]
. Nature 01.000 [1.000]
. Necromancy 00.000 [0.900]
. Runecraft 00.000 [0.900]
. Thaumaturgy 00.000 [0.900]
- Spirituality 12.705 [0.550]
. Prayer 15.500 [0.500]
. Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500]

Abilities
* Perfect casting

[Fates]

You may find a Whip on level 3.
You may find a Wand of Teleport Away on level 10.
You are fated to meet a Ranger on level 1.

[Character Equipment]

a) a Mage Staff (1d4) (+0,+0)
It can be wielded two-handed.
d) The Sling of Helume (x3) (+10,+12) (+1)
It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your strength,
intelligence, dexterity, constitution and charisma by 1. It fires
missiles with extra might. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold,
lightning or fire.
You bought it from the Black Market.
e) a Ring of Blindness Resistance
f) (nothing)
k) (nothing)
m) (nothing)
n) an Elven Double Chain Mail (-2 to accuracy) [16,+7] (+1 to stealth)
It increases your stealth by 1. It provides resistance to acid,
electricity, fire, cold and poison. It allows you to sense the
presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or
fire.
You found it in the remains of Azog, King of the Uruk-Hai on level 22 of
Orc Cave.
o) The Cloak 'Colannon' [1,+15] (+3 to speed)
It can be activated for teleport (range 100) every 45 turns if it is
being worn. It increases your stealth and speed by 3. It provides
resistance to acid and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold,
lightning or fire.
It was given to you as a reward.
p) (nothing)
s) a Metal Cap of Beauty [3,+5] (+3)
u) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim' [1,+10]
It can be activated for magic missile (2d6) every 2 turns if it is
being worn. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It sustains your
constitution. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides
resistance to light. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or
fire.
You found it lying on the floor of a special level.
x) a Pair of Hard Leather Boots of Levitation [3,+2]
z) (nothing)
{) (nothing)
|) (nothing)

[Character Inventory]

a) a Book of Beginner Cantrips

b) a Book of Teleportation

c) a Spellbook of Fireflash

d) a Spellbook of Recharge

e) a Spellbook of Noxious Cloud

f) a Mushroom of Restore Constitution
g) 6 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds

h) 3 Scrolls of Word of Recall

i) a Scroll of *Identify*

j) an Iron Rod of Nothing (50/50)
k) The Wand of Digging of Thrain (5 charges)

You found it in the remains of Azog, King of the Uruk-Hai on level 22 of
Orc Cave.
l) a Staff of Identify[1|15] (14 charges)

m) a Staff of Identify[1|15] (11 charges)

n) a Ring of Protection [+13]
o) a Metal Boomerang of Power (4d5) (+5,+13)
p) (nothing)
q) (nothing)
r) (nothing)
s) (nothing)
t) (nothing)
u) (nothing)
v) (nothing)
w) (nothing)

[Home Inventory - Bree ]

a) a Spellbook of Greater Identify

b) a Spellbook of Recall

c) a Spellbook of Know the Music {50% off}

d) a Spellbook of See the Music

e) Baalzebub's All-seeing Servant
It can be activated for decreasing Wisdom.
You found it lying on the ground on level 2 of Barrow-Downs.
f) a Ring of Invisibility
g) a Brass Lantern (with 2040 turns of light)
Sporkimata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #143
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Here is Alfwin II (Alfwin I died because I wasn't paying attention when trying to leave lvl 1 of BD).

I think this guy has the makings of a winner. The first three levels of the orc caves were a breeze. Noxious Cloud kicks a$$ (and manathrust is a one hit killer).

Anyway, congrats to JAG on a fantastic character. I'm still a little torn between ToME and Z+. ToME is definitely more forgiving, but I like the randomness of the Z+ world.

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Alfwin Age 86 STR: 8 Sex : Male Height 56 INT: 26 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 99 WIS: 21 Class : Sorceror Social Class 9 DEX: 16 Body : Player CON: 14 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR: 14 + To Melee Hit 7 Level 22 Hit Points 120/ 120 + To Melee Damage -17 Experience 12693 Spell Points 329/ 329 + To Ranged Hit 1 Max Exp 12693 Sanity 159/ 159 + To Ranged Damage 6 Exp to Adv. 15120 Piety 15942 AC 18+65 Gold 49329 Speed Fast (+2) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Bad Perception : Very Bad Blows/Round: 1 Bows/Throw : Bad Searching : Very Bad Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Excellent Disarming : Fair Mel.dmg/Rnd: 1d4-17 Stealth : Bad Magic Device: Very Good Infra-Vision: 50 feet Tactic: coward Explor: running (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, curly black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Orc Cave: Level 12 (600') Your body is a Player. You are currently in the town of Bree. You have defeated 1470 enemies. You have completed ten princess quests. You haven't completed a single lost sword quest. You found none of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 52nd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 9 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : ..........2..... Add Int : ....3........... Add Wis : ....3..........+ Add Con : ..........2..... Mul Mana : +..............+ Add Stea. : ......11........ Add Sear. : .......1........ Add Tun.. : ..............1. Slay Und. : .+.............. Slay Orc : .+.............. Slay Troll: .+.............. Kill Drag.: .+.............. Cold Brand: .+.............. Sust Str : ................ Sust Int : ................ Sust Wis : ................ Sust Dex : ................ Sust Con : ................ Sust Chr : ................ Invisible : ................ Mul life : ................ Sens Fire : ................ Reflect : ................ Free Act : ..........+..... Hold Life : ................ Res Acid : ................ Res Elec : ................ Res Fire : ......+......... Res Cold : ................ Res Pois : ...........+.... Res Fear : ................ Res Light : ................ Res Dark : ...............+ Res Blind : ................ Res Conf : ................ Res Sound : ................ Res Shard : ...........+.... Res Neth : ................ Res Nexus : ...........+.... Res Chaos : ................ Res Disen : ................ Lite : ....+........... See Invis : ..+............+ Regen : .........+...... Cursed : .....+.......... Skills (points left: 0) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 01.935 [0.900] . Stealth 03.400 [0.400] . Disarming 00.500 [0.000] - Magic 21.316 [1.200] . Magic-Device 11.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 11.400 [0.600] . Sorcery 12.900 [0.700] . Mana 00.000 [0.900] . Fire 14.000 [1.000] . Water 14.000 [1.000] . Air 14.000 [1.000] . Earth 00.000 [1.000] . Meta 00.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 09.000 [1.000] . Divination 12.000 [1.000] . Temporal 00.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 00.000 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 00.000 [0.900] - Spirituality 15.290 [0.550] . Prayer 04.000 [0.500] . Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500] Abilities * Perfect casting [Character Equipment] a) a Mage Staff of Mana (1d4) (+11,-13)(60%) It can be wielded two-handed. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your mana capacity by 60%. You bought it from the Black Market. d) The Small Wooden Boomerang of Apaningon (1d4) (+5,+6) It does extra damage from frost. It is a great bane of dragons. It is especially deadly against orcs. It is especially deadly against trolls. It strikes at undead with holy wrath. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. e) a Ring of See Invisible It allows you to see invisible monsters. You bought it from the Black Market. f) a Ring of Spell [Noxious Cloud] k) an Amulet of Brilliance (+3) It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your intelligence and wisdom by 3. You bought it from the Black Market. m) a Brass Lantern (with 6379 turns of light) {cursed} n) an Elven Hard Leather Armour of Resist Fire (-1 to accuracy) [6,+13] (+1 to ste o) an Elven Cloak [4,+8] (+1 to stealth) p) (nothing) s) an Iron Helm of Regeneration [5,+1] It speeds your regenerative powers. It was given to you as a reward. u) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cambeleg' (+8,+8) [1,+15] (+2) It increases your strength and constitution by 2. It provides immunity to paralysis. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. x) The Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Nenialar [2,+12] It provides resistance to poison, shards and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. z) (nothing) {) (nothing) |) a Shovel (+1) [Character Inventory] a) a Book of Beginner Cantrips b) a Spellbook of Reveal Ways c) a Spellbook of Identify d) a Spellbook of Vapor e) 15 Mushrooms of Cure Serious Wounds {100% off} f) 8 Flasks of oil g) 2 Potions of Cure Light Insanity h) 3 Potions of Neutralise Poison i) 3 Potions of Speed j) a Potion of Heroism k) 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds l) a Fireproof Scroll of Word of Recall m) 5 Scrolls of Word of Recall n) 4 Scrolls of *Identify* o) a Scroll of Treasure Detection p) a Parchment - Monstrous Compendium 4 q) a Parchment - Map of Lothlorien r) (nothing) s) (nothing) t) (nothing) u) (nothing) v) (nothing) w) (nothing) [Home Inventory - Bree ] a) a Book of Teleportation b) a Spellbook of Noxious Cloud c) 3 Potions of Cure Light Insanity d) a Potion of Blindness e) a Potion of Detect Invisible f) 2 Potions of Boldness g) a Potion of Resist Heat h) a Potion of Heroism i) 2 Potions of Berserk Strength j) a Scroll of Reset Recall k) a Wooden Rod of Nothing (10/10) l) a Wooden Rod of Nothing (10/10) m) 3 Rod Tips of Trap Location (8 Mana to cast) n) a Ring of Levitation It allows you to levitate. You bought it from the Magic shop. o) a Ring of Cold Resistance p) a Ring of Invisibility q) an Amulet of Acid Resistance r) an Amulet of Spell s) an Amulet of Lightning Resistance t) a Soft Leather Armour of Resist Acid [4,+8] It provides resistance to acid. It cannot be harmed by acid. It was given to you as a reward. u) The Sling of Farmer Maggot (x2) (+20,+0) (+2) {100% off} It can be activated for terrify every 10+d50 turns if it is being worn. It increases your searching and infravision by 2. It fires missiles excessively fast. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. v) a Parchment - Monstrous Compendium 1 w) a Parchment - Adventurer's Guide to Middle-earth x) a Parchment - Map of Bree
Old 06-13-2009, 06:28 AM   #144
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats again JAG, so what's next for us?