Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #101
Schmidty
Coordinator

It's kind of pathetic how excited I get about this show.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #102
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It appears there will be a Ghost Hunters Marathon all day on October 11th leading up to the premiere of the new season that night. Should be fun to see the old shows......

October 11th (Times in Eastern Time)

8:30 AM GHOST HUNTERS
9:30 AM GHOST HUNTERS
10:30 AM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
11:30 AM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
12:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
1:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
2:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
3:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
4:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
5:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
6:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
7:30 PM GHOST HUNTERS (S2 BACK 9)
9:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS (SEASON 3)
10:00 PM SCI FI INVESTIGATES
11:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS (SEASON 3)
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #103
scooper
College Benchwarmer

My wife wants to make a trip down this month to tour Waverly Hills. If we make it, this thread will get a full report.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #104
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper View Post
My wife wants to make a trip down this month to tour Waverly Hills. If we make it, this thread will get a full report.

YIKES!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #105
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Waverly Hills is a great place to visit if you're a ghost fanatic. I have heard that there's a pretty good chance that you'll see something on the tour, even during the daytime. It's a very active place, but I would guess that's to be expected when literally tens of thousands of people die in one building.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #106
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Waverly Hills is a great place to visit if you're a ghost fanatic. I have heard that there's a pretty good chance that you'll see something on the tour, even during the daytime. It's a very active place, but I would guess that's to be expected when literally tens of thousands of people die in one building.

No kidding. I've killed some time this afternoon reading this: http://www.prairieghosts.com/waverly_tb.html

What an interesting place.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 AM   #107
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The Ghost Hunters Marathon just began at 8:30 AM EDT. Ghosts all day long with the big season premiere tonight!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #108
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Dude Run!!!!

Less than 10 hours until the season premier.

The October excursion to Waverly Hills is off. The tours are booked until March. They run a haunted house there, but if I'm paying to tour Waverly Hills, I want it quiet and dark. No plactic masks and strobe lights.

My sister-in-law talked to a neighbor who toured the place shortly before they filmed the ghost hunters episode. He was sceptic going in, but claims he saw a shadowy figure leaning out of a door in the third floor corridor.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #109
JeeberD
General Manager

Is this clip from that show? (Possible spoiler)

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 10-11-2006 at 12:34 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #110
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Is this clip from that show?

I don't want to watch the clip in case it spoils tonight's episode, but I do know that tonight's episode has been available for streaming for a week on the official site. So my guess is that it probably is. They're only doing the streaming for this episode; future episodes will be available for streaming after the shows are aired.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-11-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #111
JeeberD
General Manager

Oops, sorry, I didn't know it could possibly be a spoiler! I just saw that clip on a different board earlier in the week...don't really know anything about it.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #112
Havok
College Starter

**** Spoliers!****

i thought it was a good episode, that music was kinda creepy and the cord coming off the bell was impressive. Hard to explain that one. I wish we could have seen that full apartion they saw, that would have been cool
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #113
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Good thing they had the marathon as I missed the Shining hotel episode. The glass breaking was cool.

The new episode at Tombstone was good. The music playing in the background was cool to hear. I couldn't see the cord lift up like Grant said but I did see it swing. Shame they didn't get any video of the apparition.

I don't think Jeeber's clip is from Ghost Hunters. I've seen most/all of the episodes and do not recognize it. The voice also does not sound like of the members of TAPS.

Hope they get something from the OK Corral on next week's ep.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 AM   #114
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Last night's was good. The music was impressive. I wish they had gotten the lady in white. At least they coraborated their stories properly. They never seem to capture stuff on camera that they see. Maybe when they walk into a room for now on, the camera crew should go first.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:57 AM   #115
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New episode tonight. They're heading for another location in Tombstone.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #116
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Did anybody catch the show on VH1 last night? It's basically like the old MTV show Fear, but with celebrities. I'm not that familiar with all of the celebrities. Gary Busey was one of them. If you thought he was bat shit crazy before, this show would have done nothing to change your mind. The others were Hal Sparks, some Baywatch actress...Donna something. A girl that won survivor and a model from America's next top model.

They were at Waverly Hills. They set them up in a command post outside the hospital and sent them in with cameras and equipment one or two at a time to different part of the the building.

From what I've read about Waverly Hills and from watching Ghosthunters and the Sci Fi special on WH, it was easy to determine that this show last night was completely rigged. At least they tried to rig it based on actual accounts.

For example, twice they passed a ball lying in the floor that had not been there before. There are stories about a ghost boy playing with a ball. Well, this ball looked like a typical bright red playground ball. Which I'm sure some kid who died in 1930 something has lying around to play with.

A couple of them saw shadow people but claimed to have seen eyes in them. That has never been reported there.

The worst was multiple screams heard throughout. You could hear it on the video. Loud audible women's screams. I don't recall hearing about screaming at Waverly Hills, and if there were, I'm sure they are not as frequent or audible as these were.

This show had to be rigged.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #117
heybrad
Norm!!!

Ghost Hunters didn't find a whole lot there, but Gary Busey was there five minutes when he said... "We've made contact!"

Obviously fake, but stupidly funny.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #118
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Did anybody catch the show on VH1 last night? It's basically like the old MTV show Fear, but with celebrities. I'm not that familiar with all of the celebrities. Gary Busey was one of them. If you thought he was bat shit crazy before, this show would have done nothing to change your mind. The others were Hal Sparks, some Baywatch actress...Donna something. A girl that won survivor and a model from America's next top model.

They were at Waverly Hills. They set them up in a command post outside the hospital and sent them in with cameras and equipment one or two at a time to different part of the the building.

From what I've read about Waverly Hills and from watching Ghosthunters and the Sci Fi special on WH, it was easy to determine that this show last night was completely rigged. At least they tried to rig it based on actual accounts.

For example, twice they passed a ball lying in the floor that had not been there before. There are stories about a ghost boy playing with a ball. Well, this ball looked like a typical bright red playground ball. Which I'm sure some kid who died in 1930 something has lying around to play with.

A couple of them saw shadow people but claimed to have seen eyes in them. That has never been reported there.

The worst was multiple screams heard throughout. You could hear it on the video. Loud audible women's screams. I don't recall hearing about screaming at Waverly Hills, and if there were, I'm sure they are not as frequent or audible as these were.

This show had to be rigged.

I caught most of the show and agree with your write-up. Gary Busey is a loon. The show definitely seemed rigged. I won't be watching any of the other episodes.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #119
scooper
College Benchwarmer

My wife and I have become big Ghosthunters fans. I have a slim belief in ghosts. For someone who believes in the afterlife based on spirituality, it's not that far of a leap.

What I like about GH is they are skeptical. And if there's one thing I've learned from watching the show, it's that if ghosts do exist, it's not exactly easy to walk into a "haunted" building and record evidence of their existance.

The experiences and evidence from last night's show were about 4-5 weeks worth of documentation from Ghosthunters. And the collection and reasoning of it all were far from scientific.

I wish GH would go back to Waverly and spend a few more days. I think there's plenty of material to build a show around. But what they showed last night seemd forced and fake.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #120
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Ghost Hunters didn't find a whole lot there, but Gary Busey was there five minutes when he said... "We've made contact!"

Obviously fake, but stupidly funny.

I agreed with Hal Sparks when he said Gary was the scariest thing there.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:16 AM   #121
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just a reminder. All new show on tonight.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 AM   #122
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Meh, although the "Who is Jason" EVP was kinda cool.

Next week, you get a regularly scheduled episode and a 6 hour live Halloween special. The Halloween special will be visiting the Stanley Hotel again with ECW wrestler CM Punk. The normal episode as per SciFi will be,

Quote:
NEXT EPISODE: Jason, Grant and the TAPS team explore a Victorian mansion with a long history of bizarre paranormal phenomena — and they make a shocking discovery. Then they visit the ancient grounds of a country inn to track the shade of a 19th-century monk who is said to wander the property. Can the Ghost Hunters unravel the centuries-old mystery of Bucksteep Manor?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:55 AM   #123
Havok
College Starter

i love this show but i don't think i wanna watch these guys do a 6 hour investigation. Probally gonna be boring as hell.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #124
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
i love this show but i don't think i wanna watch these guys do a 6 hour investigation. Probally gonna be boring as hell.

No kidding. Especially considering that six hours will run up until 5 a.m. here. I'd hope they edit it down to a one hour episode.

Last year's Halloween show was great.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #125
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post

Tivo..........
Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #126
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Reminder......The live investigation will be on tonight from 11:00 EST until 5:00 EST. Program those Tivos!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM   #127
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

If you couldn't watch all 6 hours, they will have an episode next week that will be a recap plus the findings.

I know Jason and Grant heard a voice saying hello and laughing, so they've at least got that.

New episode tonight, description 5 posts up.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:01 AM   #128
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Poor Steve, Leap Castle looked awesome. New episodes will air in January.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #129
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Definitely.

However, I'm rather bummed about the results. As awesome as the castle was, the Reveal fizzled. Despite all of the personal experiences, the TAPS team seems to have fallen into a pattern of mostly "Dude! Did you see that? I swear to God I just saw XYZ..." Little or no recorded evidence.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #130
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar View Post
Definitely.

However, I'm rather bummed about the results. As awesome as the castle was, the Reveal fizzled. Despite all of the personal experiences, the TAPS team seems to have fallen into a pattern of mostly "Dude! Did you see that? I swear to God I just saw XYZ..." Little or no recorded evidence.

True, I was dissapointed in how little they caught.

I'm confused. They showed upcoming highlights for another show from Ireland. Are they showing that next week or in January?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:29 PM   #131
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

January

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #132
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New information about the rest of season 3. They will be showing 6 episodes starting in June and another 6 additional episodes in the fall. Also, this press release announces that they have signed the final agreement to film 13 more episodes for a new season (#4). Great to hear that more Ghost Hunters episodes are on the way!

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/ne...ss_season4.pdf
Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #133
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The new episodes of Ghost Hunters are now scheduled to start on June 6th. Here's the first 4 episodes.......

06/06/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 IRISH RUINS
06/13/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 HELFIRE CAVES
06/20/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 NIGHTMARE NOISES
06/27/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 TOYS OF TERROR

Also, for those of you who love the show, Grant and Jason just started a live radio show on Saturday nights. You can listen to it live online or download the podcasts which are posted later on. Here's the website for the show/podcasts.........

http://www.planetparanormal.com/showtaps.html
Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #134
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
The new episodes of Ghost Hunters are now scheduled to start on June 6th. Here's the first 4 episodes.......

06/06/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 IRISH RUINS
06/13/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 HELFIRE CAVES
06/20/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 NIGHTMARE NOISES
06/27/2007 09:00 PM GHOST HUNTERS SEASON 3.5 TOYS OF TERROR

Also, for those of you who love the show, Grant and Jason just started a live radio show on Saturday nights. You can listen to it live online or download the podcasts which are posted later on. Here's the website for the show/podcasts.........

http://www.planetparanormal.com/showtaps.html

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #135
JediKooter
Coordinator

Very nice. Thanks for the update.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #136
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another quick note. Just heard on another paranormal podcast (http://www.darknessradio.com) that the A&E network will have a new ghost hunting show similar to 'Ghost Hunters' likely starting this fall. They said to expect an announcement in the next month or two.

Update: Show will be called "Paranormal State" and will follow researchers at the Penn State Paranormal Research Society.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-15-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #137
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More paranormal TV news. New episodes of 'Haunting Evidence' on Court TV will begin on June 20th (this with Ghost Hunters on Wednesday will make for a full night). Also, 'Psychic Detectives' on Court TV will start new episodes sometime in June as well.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #138
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

So, did they find any yet?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #139
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
So, did they find any yet?

Yes, but the ghost quickly ran away. Back to Square One.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #140
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another big paranormal live event coming up on Friday. The bad thing is that it's the 'Most Haunted' crew from Britain doing the show. The good thing is that they are doing a 7-hour live event from Eastern State Penitentiary. It's been a place where the Ghost Hunters and other groups have got a lot of really good stuff on video and on tape. Should be a good show to Tivo and watch later to skip through some of the slow spots.

It starts at 8:00 PM EDT on Friday, June 1st.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #141
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting interview with the host of Most Haunted....

http://www.paranormalradioshow.com/m...unted_0507.mp3

Right-click on the link and 'save target as'. It's a really interesting interview. One of the real surprises for me is that evidently they fired Derek as a medium for 'credibility issues'. He's the one that often was 'possessed'. She was asked whether she believed Derek could talk to spirits and her response was a clear 'no'. Good to see them get rid of a person most already believed was faking some experiences.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #142
Schmidty
Coordinator

Isn't it common knowledge that "Most Haunted" is completely, and utterly fake and staged? By that, I mean the entire production, not just that tool that got fired?

Last edited by Schmidty : 05-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #143
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Isn't it common knowledge that "Most Haunted" is completely, and utterly fake and staged? By that, I mean the entire production, not just that tool that got fired?

They claim it is not, though watching the show makes it hard to believe that it's not faked.

I watched the 7 hour live episode off Tivo (probably 25 min of commercials for each hour). There was a whole lot of stuff that 'happened', but it seemed pretty weak. There's even videos now of the live event where you can see that they may have staged some of the events.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #144
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Only two more days until the premiere of the new set of Ghost Hunters episodes. June 6th on Sci-fi Network.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #145
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Reminder that the premiere of the new set of episodes is TONIGHT! Episode tonight is in Ireland. Should be another good one. They'll be showing new episodes for the next 7 Wednesdays.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #146
heybrad
Norm!!!

Did anybody watch last night? The thermal imaging stuff was kind of interesting.

The freakiest part for me was the spiders. I'd flip if a spider was on me.

Last edited by heybrad : 06-07-2007 at 01:52 PM.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #147
duckman
Pro Starter

Yeah, it was a very good episode. The thermal imaging stuff was cool to see. Gave me chills thinking they were being followed. The "face" was kind of freaky too.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #148
duckman
Pro Starter

dola

hey brad
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #149
Schmidty
Coordinator

The face creeped me the fuck out.

The thermal was just meh for me. Could have been anything. Also, those EVPs at the end were pretty lame.

As an aside, people that are afraid of spiders make me laugh. I actually pick them up (even fat ones), and let 'em crawl on me before putting them outside.

Now, rodents are another story....... Ewwwww....
Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #150
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Really entertaining show, though I don't know how much useful stuff was gained from it. I'm always a bit leery of outdoor investigations (as are Grant and Jason). It was awfully nice to have the show back on the air. I've been watching the DVD's of old seasons over and over up until now. Needed something new for my fix.