Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2004, 02:07 PM   #101
jbmagic
Pro Starter

hi all

are you guys seeing problems in the player salary report for minor league free agents...

on my test i seeing in the salary report , that it shows some minor league players as minor league free agent, but when i proceed to next season there still on my team.....

either the salary report is giving false infomation or the minor league free agent not working...

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:34 PM   #102
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Have you looked on your roster, then sorted by ALL and Salary info?

Sounds like you're looking at the html page, which might not work properly.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #103
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Have you looked on your roster, then sorted by ALL and Salary info?

Sounds like you're looking at the html page, which might not work properly.

Todd

yes i look there also...also gives false info there too...

so i not sure if the roster sorted (by all and salary info) and the front office Player Salary report (html) is giving the correct info or the minor league free agent is broken....

try it and proceed to next season and u will see that minor free agent next season that show up on the roster and salary report will not be a free agent..
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #104
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
That's somewhat reassuring. Yes, A-Rod has a shot at 800 HR, but this guy got almost 900 HR, and did so with twice as many 60+ HR totals as any other player in MLB history and easily beating Bonds' single season record with 80 HR. A-Rod may end up the career HR leader, but he's never topped 57 HR in a season - if he gets there it will be due to staying healthy and keeping very consistent.

My view is that any performance that goes beyond existing established limits should be exceedingly rare, but I suppose others may not agree.

What if Babe Ruth had played at Coors Field? How about Mickey Mantle in Bank One Ballpark?

If the last 120 years of baseball had been played under the conditions that Sosa and Bonds had played under they would be chasing a number much higher then 755.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:50 PM   #105
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
What if Babe Ruth had played at Coors Field? How about Mickey Mantle in Bank One Ballpark?

If Ruth had played anywhere in Colorado during his career, yeah the record would be probably pushing 800 or more. That said, the guy in SkyDog's simmed dynasty wasn't playing in bandboxes like those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
If the last 120 years of baseball had been played under the conditions that Sosa and Bonds had played under they would be chasing a number much higher then 755.

Hmmm, to the extent that ballparks and bats have changed, I agree. Let's not forget though that there were bandboxes in Ruth's era as well though. Additionally, do you really think that Ruth was in superior physical condition to Bonds or Sosa? At best I think Ruth had equivalent strike zone judgement to Bonds, possibly superior hand:eye coordination, probably inferior physical conditioning. He certainly didn't face the same kind of pitching strategies, with fresh bullpen arms being brought out on a regular basis from the 7th inning on.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote