Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #101
Desnudo
Coordinator

Wow what a weak sauce call
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #102
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Not that they shouldn't have won this in regulation, but that was about as ticky tack as you can get. Reminds me of some of the calls in the Bengals game.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #103
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

What in the Holy fuck was that bullshit?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #104
Desnudo
Coordinator

I don't think either the jets or the patriots played particularly well but that's a real lame way to end the game.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #105
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No kidding, that was horrible. That may be the worst end to a game I've ever seen.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #106
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FML

Do any of my other fucking teams want to fucking blow games today!?!?!?!?!

I think I need that bottle of Scotch I wasn't going to buy!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #107
cuervo72
Head Coach

bs like the tuck rule amirite?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #108
TroyF
Coordinator

Brady had a streak of 58 games with over 50% completion rate through game one of this year. He's been under 50% in three of his last six games.

Weak call, but the NE wins have been masking serious problems for awhile now. Gronk comes back, has a big day, and Brady still struggles? Alarm bells should be going off right now.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #109
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And the got rid of the tuck tule. They just added this shitty one.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #110
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Brady had a streak of 58 games with over 50% completion rate through game one of this year. He's been under 50% in three of his last six games.

Weak call, but the NE wins have been masking serious problems for awhile now. Gronk comes back, has a big day, and Brady still struggles? Alarm bells should be going off right now.

He's either hiding an injury or age is catching up to him.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #111
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

To be overly blunt, Brady looked like dog shit today. His receivers all seemed to be playing pretty well.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #112
miami_fan
Coordinator

For those of us that did not see it, what was the unsportsmanlike penalty call in the Pats-Jets game?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
To be overly blunt, Brady looked like dog shit today. His relievers all seemed to be playing pretty well.

Yeah. He missed some real make-able throws, and that pick 6 was all on him.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #114
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
For those of us that did not see it, what was the unsportsmanlike penalty call in the Pats-Jets game?

One of the patriots lineman didn't have a jet directly in front of him and ended up pushing another patriots lineman up the middle a bit.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #115
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
One of the patriots lineman didn't have a jet directly in front of him and ended up pushing another patriots lineman up the middle a bit.

This was called ona 56 yard field goal attempt they missed, but gave them a first down.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #116
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
And the got rid of the tuck tule. They just added this shitty one.

May be a shitty rule (as was the tuck rule), but apparently it's in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

I think it's covered by #2 here, though I'm not sure if this covers all facets of the rule. New NFL rules, points of emphasis for officials this season - Extra Points - Boston.com

(actually, this is probably clearer: NFL announces rule changes for 2013 season - SBNation.com - "Defensive players also can't push down linemen into the offensive line. That will result in a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty.")
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #117
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
bs like the tuck rule amirite?

Or any rinky dink call in the intervening decade of nfl play
Old 10-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #118
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Heaven forbid there being a rule that helps the defense out.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #119
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's no worse than "running forward and leaping."
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #120
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nice to see Kaep being able to use his legs as a weapon again.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #121
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Houston may have found themselves a QB.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #122
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Brian Cushing down. Looks like a very bad knee injury.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #123
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Brian Cushing down. Looks like a very bad knee injury.

Yeah that didn't look good.

Am I right in thinking the personal foul on A smith's run was crazy?

You slide under a tackle in progress and draw an extra 15 yards.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #124
TroyF
Coordinator

If I were Gary Kubiak and needed a win as badly as he does, I'd damned well be going for it on these fourth and ones. I don't give a crap about the KC defensive line. They have absolutely dominated KC today and are still losing.

In a one game playoff scenario, this Chiefs team can scare you. Take care of the football, one guy who can hit a HR every now and then, and a great DL that punishes you.

The odds they can do it two or three times in the playoffs? Ummmm, no chance. Simply no chance.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #125
TroyF
Coordinator

One more thing Mizzou:

They are milking the hell out of any Charles injury. That IS NOT a guy playing hurt. No chance, no how, no way. 19 touches in 3 quarters? Two things going on here:

1) They are playing the injuries up to the media for some unknown reason
2) Charles, the only true offensive threat KC has, is being badly overused because the Chiefs don't have any prayer to beat up on bad football teams without him.

If it's #1, I don't get it. If it's #2, good luck when you face a real defense that can take out one guy.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #126
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
If I were Gary Kubiak and needed a win as badly as he does, I'd damned well be going for it on these fourth and ones. I don't give a crap about the KC defensive line. They have absolutely dominated KC today and are still losing.

Dominated? Chiefs lead on the scoreboard despite losing the turnover battle thus far. The QB's have nearly identical stats. The Chiefs have 5 more first downs. The Chiefs have run for 100+ yards against a very good defense. The Texas have three long pass plays, none of which scored a TD. Time of possession is nearly identical.

You must be watching a different game than I am.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-20-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #127
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Dominated? Chiefs lead on the scoreboard despite losing the turnover battle thus far. The QB's have nearly identical stats. The Chiefs have 5 more first downs. The Chiefs have run for 100+ yards against a very good defense. The Texas have three long pass plays, none of which scored a TD. Time of possession is nearly identical.

You must be watching a different game than I am.

Maybe a slight stretch, when I wrote it, KC hadn't went on that last drive. Before that last drive, KC was losing the yardage battle by over 50 yards, were losing in passing yards, barely even in rushing, and had been better on third downs and in the pass rush.

Reid has KC playing some damned good football. I've watched them multiple times now. I see a hard working, well coached football team. There is no way in hell I see an elite one.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #128
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Reid has KC playing some damned good football. I've watched them multiple times now. I see a hard working, well coached football team. There is no way in hell I see an elite one.

Yeah, 7-0 just isn't what it used to be. I hear the NFL is down this year. Plus, all the teams that the Chiefs have played have had a lot of injuries.

You either win or don't win.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #129
TroyF
Coordinator

Keenum has been acting like the kid he is the last few possessions. He's jumping in the pocket and throwing it short. If KC gets any kind of pressure on him during this drive, the game is over.

Just as I type that, he gets sacked and fumbles. Kubiak should lose his job this week. I'm the owner or GM and I see him kick field goals on 4th and 1 multiple times when the season is on the line and the guys are playing their guts out for him?

Love him, he's a former Bronco and I'll always hope he succeeds. But he\s too scared to coach right now. Had a good run, time to move on.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #130
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, 7-0 just isn't what it used to be. I hear the NFL is down this year. Plus, all the teams that the Chiefs have played have had a lot of injuries.

They have beaten a single team with a winning record. It was at home. They won by a point. At least understand why some people aren't exactly jumping up and down right now.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #131
Jas_lov
College Starter

This isn't the BCS, KC is winning games and that's all that matters. They're not as good as Denver but nobody is in the AFC.

The Green Bay Packers now sit alone atop the NFC North once again. Lose Jones and Cobb, Jarrett Boykins steps in and has a big game. Finley gets carted off so that may be another loss but they could plug in a couple tree stumps at TE and still beat the hapless Vikings next week. The Packers have had 3 starting quarterbacks in 20 years, the Vikings have had 3 in 3 weeks.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #132
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
They have beaten a single team with a winning record. It was at home. They won by a point. At least understand why some people aren't exactly jumping up and down right now.

KC has beat one team with a winning record: Dallas. Strangely, that's the same number of winning teams that Denver has beat so far. Not too many people jumping up and down about them either I suppose.

Troy's comment that KC isn't an elite team is ridiculous at best. Denver and KC are clearly the cream of the crop so far in the NFL and saying anything otherwise is silly.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #133
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I should be used to this by now, but are you on crack? Denver has been utterly annihilating people. Kansas City has been eking out wins against the dregs of the NFL. I would rate Kansas City as barely in the top 10 in the NFL right now in terms of good teams. Off the top of my head, teams I consider better than the Chiefs:

Denver
Seattle
San Francisco
Green Bay
New England
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
New Orleans

Sure, they may have a better record. They've been playing good football. Their defense is pretty darned good. Their offense is freaking terrible. It's Jamaal Charles versus the world. The reason they hang around is that Alex Smith doesn't make mistakes and they have a good defense. As someone else mentioned in the thread, if you shut down the running game, they're in major trouble.

To call them elite is slightly premature.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #134
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Nope, it's hard as hell to win in this league. The teams who do it, no matter who they play, deserve massive, massive amounts of respect.

But you also have to look at how reasonable it is that a team can beat multiple elite teams on three successive Sundays in the playoffs. Anything can happen there, as Baltimore proved last year. But it doesn't happen all that often that a team who doesn't belong gets there.

The Chiefs do not belong there. This is not a team that can compete with the elite. You can take that as an insult and cry about how your favorite team is getting put down on a bulliten board or you can fight back and say how you think this team is going to hang with better football teams. (I'll likely disagree with you, but I'd be interested to hear it none the less)

Or you can think I'm a biased guy who just hates the Chiefs. It won't be the first time I've had this debate after 7 games with a Chiefs fan. The 2003 version also won their first 7. They actually won their first 9 before getting exposed. This Chiefs team is worse than that one in my opinion.

There are 7-0 or 6-1 teams you look at and see "Super Bowl" There are other 6-1, 7-0 teams you look at and go "Not bad, but can they do it three weeks in a row?" Then you get the 7-0, 6-1 team where you say "no chance in hell they win three games in a row in the playoffs, zero chance)

For me, the Chiefs are in the last group. For you, that might be Denver. I'm ok with that. I just don't see any possible way the Chiefs can continue this. It's smoke and mirrors and it's finest, but I think it will come to an end. It's fun as hell cheering though, isn't it?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #135
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
KC has beat one team with a winning record: Dallas. Strangely, that's the same number of winning teams that Denver has beat so far. Not too many people jumping up and down about them either I suppose.

Troy's comment that KC isn't an elite team is ridiculous at best. Denver and KC are clearly the cream of the crop so far in the NFL and saying anything otherwise is silly.

Denver has a +108 scoring difference. KC has a +88 scoring difference. The kicker being Denver has done it in one less game. If Denver beats the Colts, there will be no comparison.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #136
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Denver has a +108 scoring difference. KC has a +88 scoring difference. The kicker being Denver has done it in one less game. If Denver beats the Colts, there will be no comparison.

But the +88 is 2nd in the entire league. A lot of games are close in the NFL and KC is winning them. I don't think they're as good as Denver but they are in the conversation for 2nd best in that conference.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #137
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
But the +88 is 2nd in the entire league. A lot of games are close in the NFL and KC is winning them. I don't think they're as good as Denver but they are in the conversation for 2nd best in that conference.

Playoffs start now. Let's have Denver be the higher seed over KC. KC needs three wins against the likes of NE, NYJ, Cinci, Indy and Denver. I'm not seeing many wins there. I might not even see two since the Jets would be their first game. KC has beaten two winless teams to add to their previously mentioned accomplishments. I'm always amazed how little it takes to gain credibility in sports. KC could honestly finish 13-3 with losing to the two best teams they play all year.

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers now sit alone atop the NFC North once again. Lose Jones and Cobb, Jarrett Boykins steps in and has a big game. Finley gets carted off so that may be another loss but they could plug in a couple tree stumps at TE and still beat the hapless Vikings next week. The Packers have had 3 starting quarterbacks in 20 years, the Vikings have had 3 in 3 weeks.

Lacy had another game of 100+ total yards and a TD. That's one draft pick they will gladly pick again.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-20-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #138
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

And that point differential isn't even close compared to the other teams. Third best in the NFL is nearly 30 points worse than KC.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #139
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Why is there a comparison? No one said that KC was THE elite team. Troy said KC wasn't an elite team. Big difference. Denver is the best team right now, but KC is definitely second and definitely worthy of being labeled an elite team at this point and it's not even an argument.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #140
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And that point differential isn't even close compared to the other teams. Third best in the NFL is nearly 30 points worse than KC.

Seattle says "Hello."
Old 10-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #141
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

No, it isn't silly. Hell, it's what MOST of the public and experts think. Barnwell believes the Chiefs cannot compete against good teams. There are tons of other experts who believe the same thing. I'm sure you can find a few who will say the Chiefs are for real, but you won't find the majority.

5 of the 6 Broncos games have been OVER with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. The one that wasn't was a game where they were down 5 starters on defense. The Chiefs? 5 of their 7 wins have come down to the final 3 minutes of the game. As you point out, this is against bad competition.
You should feel good about what they are doing. You should be in front of your TV every week cheering like hell for your team. But this is not sustainable. So, silly or not, no, I don't believe the Chiefs are "cream of the crop" or elite right now.

Last edited by TroyF : 10-20-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: "they were outgained" was taken out, it wasn't meant to be in this post, was meant for a post on another team entirely
Old 10-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #142
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why is there a comparison?

Because you brought up the Denver/KC comparison first? To me KC is a very good team but are simply too unproven to be called elite.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #143
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Weeden is the worst starting QB in the NFL... That's all I have to say about the Clowns this week.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #144
TRO
College Prospect

I don't think the Chiefs can win 3 in a row on the road as a WC. I do think they could win 2 in a row at home.

With their schedule, they have a legit shot at winning the division and getting that #1 seed.

Do, I think Denver is better? Yes I do. Bu it is closer than some here think. There are 3 phases to football, not just offense and KC has elite defense and very good special teams.

All that said, Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 20 years even with having home field advantage multiple times. Let us enjoy the ride.

Last edited by TRO : 10-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.
TRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #145
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but KC is definitely second and definitely worthy of being labeled an elite team at this point and it's not even an argument.

Okay, I think you get an inordinate amount of crap around here but ... this is just downright silly.

I mean it's "I don't believe you could pass a piss test at work" sort of fucking stupid shit.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #146
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
I don't think the Chiefs can win 3 in a row on the road as a WC. I do think they could win 2 in a row at home.

With their schedule, they have a legit shot at winning the division and getting that #1 seed.

Do, I think Denver is better? Yes I do. Bu it is closer than some here think. There are 3 phases to football, not just offense and KC has elite defense and very good special teams.

All that said, Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 20 years even with having home field advantage multiple times. Let us enjoy the ride.

There are three phases to football, though they aren't all equally weighted. Football Outsiders lists Denver at #1 offense, #23 defense and #1 special teams. KC comes in at #18, #1 and #3.

Now, as I discussed earlier in the thread, the KC offense isn't going up. In fact, if Charles gets hurt because of overuse (something I think it very likely to happen), they get much worse.

Denver gets Von Miller back, Woodyard healthy and Champ playing his second game this week. They can go up from #23. They likely WILL go up from #23.

I look at both upside and downside here. The only single thing that could wipe Denver's upside out is an injury to Manning. There is very little else that will derail this team. The defense won't get worse from here on out. The special teams has been good for two years now.

Where is the Chiefs offensive improvement coming from? What happens if they have a couple injuries on D? I don't think it's that close. I do think KC could win when they play Denver, but I think in 10 meetings Denver wins the game 8 or more times. Now, watch Denver lose twice in a row to them
Old 10-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #147
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I really want to know how an elite team plays a home game against a team that is 2-4 at that time, in turmoil, giving a rookie QB his first start and yet wins by a point while the game is in question within the final minutes.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #148
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, I think you get an inordinate amount of crap around here but ... this is just downright silly.

I mean it's "I don't believe you could pass a piss test at work" sort of fucking stupid shit.

Cmon Jon, I've seen you do the same stuff in college football threads every year. "This team has one loss, they are still far better than that team with 0 losses" If the Chiefs really are elite, they'll show it. They will play elite teams and we'll see how many of them they beat. I think they lose to Denver twice, lose to SD at least once if not twice, and will lose to Indy. I think the @Buffalo game in a couple of weeks is a toss up as well. So I see them finishing up 4-5 in their next nine games, which will get them into the playoffs to get beat in round one.

I may be wrong, but that's what I feel now.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #149
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cmon Jon, I've seen you do the same stuff in college football threads every year. ... I may be wrong, but that's what I feel now.

Did you read me wrong? Or am I confused. I'm saying what (I think) you're saying.

I don't figure the Chiefs are even the 5th best team in the league, much less "elite". Aren't we on the same page?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #150
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Did you read me wrong? Or am I confused. I'm saying what (I think) you're saying.

I don't figure the Chiefs are even the 5th best team in the league, much less "elite". Aren't we on the same page?

Teach me to talk to my wife and read through a post at the same time. Missed the context. I'm a dope.