Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2003, 04:16 AM   #101
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
Denial is a classic syptom of homo-sexuals.

*no offense to any of our members who practice said sexuality*

Ummm, yeah, OK...

I'm going the fuck to bed...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:16 AM   #102
Blade6119
Coordinator

i hate you so much...i was just trying to offer up some help to some of our less experienced daters here...this is a computer game board by the way...not exactly Cassoniva Central. Maybe thats what the new board name should be...CC...no...nm
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:17 AM   #103
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn, someone's bitter...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:17 AM   #104
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Ummm, yeah, OK...

I'm going the fuck to bed...

my comment was off-base..ill give you that...off to delete it...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:19 AM   #105
Blade6119
Coordinator

and im not bitter, just a little peeved when i try to support someone and also joke with shorty...ragone gets mad...

Astralhaze and i are just messin and you take it seriously...fun and seriousness are two apart...take a hint and find the difference
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2003, 04:21 AM   #106
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Damn, someone's bitter...

my comment before after yours was to astralhaze and not you...all apart of fun...i was not sayin that about yours...
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2003, 04:41 AM   #107
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Not that I agree with a lot of what HM says, but back off people (astral, Samdari, Bishop, et al). This is a decent conversation and the last thing a community needs is having everyone jump on a person for past transgressions.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 05:20 AM   #108
astralhaze
College Prospect

I do believe, could be mistaken, the only comment I made in reference to HM was his statement earlier in the thread that he was done with this conversation and the fact that he continued to post after that.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:22 AM   #109
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

PLEASE!!!!! Someone give me a reason to start bustin them out!!!

I've got a question for the guys involved in the X-Com dynasty...

If Blade doesn't go on the mission, who stays home and babysits?

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:29 AM   #110
Blade6119
Coordinator

List of people to knock off:
1.Astralhaze
2.JeeberD
3.Bee
.....this list can go on forever...just keep em comin...
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2003, 07:02 AM   #111
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Being cocky but not arrogant is the best way to get girls

Let me repost something from - I think it was Bishop - that is worth pointing out again:

cock·y [ kókee ] (comparative cock·i·er, superlative cock·i·est)
adjective

overconfident: confident and sure of yourself to the point of being arrogant ( informal )

You cannot be "cocky" and not arrogant. If you are cocky, you are arrogant. Less than cocky would be "confident." I think the misuse of this term is part of the problem here. I don't doubt that most women want a man who is confident. I seriously doubt there are but a few who really want a cocky man (all puns aside, of course).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:38 AM   #112
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Not that I agree with a lot of what HM says, but back off people (astral, Samdari, Bishop, et al). This is a decent conversation and the last thing a community needs is having everyone jump on a person for past transgressions.

SI

EDIT: psuedoflame removed

SI, please keep your advice on what I should post to yourself. I am an adult (at 34, some here would say I have one foot in the grave) intelligent and well educated. I will make my own decisions on what is appropriate conduct and content in my posts.

If you think this is a decent conversation, you need to raise your standards as to what constitutes conversation.

I was not interrupting a "decent conversation" to jump on HM for his past transgressions. Since he has posted exactly the same drivel numerous times in the past, this thread essentially IS a past transgression.

Given that the last 5 times he posted it, it drew lots of lively repsonses, and HM is fairly intelligent, it is reasonable to assume that he knew posting it again would draw similar responses. Unless my knowledge of internet vernacular is woefully inadequate (which I fully admit is a possibility, I do have that foot in the grave) I believe posting something in order to draw those types of responses is called trolling.

Last edited by Samdari : 04-22-2003 at 08:15 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:44 AM   #113
Mountain
Mascot

Save time and money!!!! Go ugly early.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:49 AM   #114
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Old 04-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #115
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari
Given that the last 5 times he posted it, it drew lots of lively repsonses, and HM is fairly intelligent, it is reasonable to assume that he knew posting it again would draw similar responses. Unless my knowledge of internet vernacular is woefully inadequate (which I fully admit is a possibility, I do have that foot in the grave) I believe posting something in order to draw those types of responses is called trolling.

It is not trolling, but simply trying to help. I truly believe in what I am saying because I have seen it turn my life completely around and the lives of many other desperate, lonely, and needy wussymen.

If I was from France and strongly agreed with their behavior in recent months I could still post my views, advice, and opinions here. Just because lots of people would not agree with me doesn't mean I am not allowed to express myself.

In summary, whether or not the majority of this board agrees with me is irrelevant because I have the right to post my opinions on anything here.... as long as it is not a direct attack on another poster, or an attack on the mods, or something else similar. One of the biggest problems with this board and has been forever is the fact that most people who step outside of the general consensus on an issue are brutally attacked by the rest of the congregation. If a newbie comes here and always says CM rocks and FOF rocks and SkyDog rocks, etc. they will never have a problem and everyone will like them. However, the first time they bag on something that *most* of the community supports they are immediately chastised for their opinion. That is not cool.

How about some examples...

Darkiller was once one of the most respected posters here until he vehemently defended his own country. Now he is an outcast.

Hell Atlantic has never been afraid to go against the grain and for that many people do not care for him.

Most people here probably don't like me and for that reason anyone who says anything in my defense is going to be criticized for doing so.

The wigs brought their brand of dark and dry humor to this board. A few of us found it funny, but many didn't so they were berated for it. Also, they were never afraid to speak up for the things they believe in... even if that meant being critical of the mods when they didn't agree with them. Now, the majority of this board would rather not see them here at all.

MIJB#19 was also a very popular poster here until his recent decision to criticize SkyDog. Now, he has lost the respect of many, many people here who think SkyDog is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Blade6119 has been here for a very long time and I don't remember him being involved in any conflicts. Now, in this thread he chose to speak up in support of me and watch the respect of many of you go out the window for it.

This place, to me, is like a religion or a cult where anyone who chooses to step away from the pack is suddenly berated for their behavior. That is wacked and this place should not be that way. That is the reason I have never really taken this place too seriously and never will as long as that is the standard here.

HornsManiac
Old 04-22-2003, 11:24 AM   #116
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
Let me repost something from - I think it was Bishop - that is worth pointing out again:

adjective

overconfident: confident and sure of yourself to the point of being arrogant ( informal )

You cannot be "cocky" and not arrogant. If you are cocky, you are arrogant. Less than cocky would be "confident." I think the misuse of this term is part of the problem here. I don't doubt that most women want a man who is confident. I seriously doubt there are but a few who really want a cocky man (all puns aside, of course).

I don't think anyone wants to talk about the actual definition of cocky.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:36 AM   #117
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by HornsManiac
This place, to me, is like a religion or a cult where anyone who chooses to step away from the pack is suddenly berated for their behavior. That is wacked and this place should not be that way. That is the reason I have never really taken this place too seriously and never will as long as that is the standard here.
[/b]

This place, to me, is a message board - pure and simple. In the grand scheme of things, nothing that is said here is really all that important.

I'd like to think that I am a typical member of the board. I don't hate you. Occasionally you are funny. Ocassionally you are insightful. Ocassionally you are annoying. (Same goes for many on this board). No biggie either way.

It's true that many time you get baited, and people eem to pick on you for past "transgressions", but you brought that on yourself. I suggest you just ignore those folks and don't let them get to you.

You often say that you don't care what others think...and then post a comment five minutes later. Sometimes it's just better to leave things alone.

I am not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I am simply trying to help. I truly believe in what I am saying because, well, frankly I'm right.

This is an internet message board. That is the reason I have never really taken this place too seriously and never will.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #118
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Quote:

Darkiller was once one of the most respected posters here until he vehemently defended his own country. Now he is an outcast.

Darkiller called the U.S. a terrorist nation, then left. Sure, some people ripped on him on that thread, but remember that we have 2700+ members (obviously not all active, but still). The more vocal crowd doesn't make them the majority. I disagreed with DK's post, but would have no problem with him coming back tomorrow.

Quote:

Hell Atlantic has never been afraid to go against the grain and for that many people do not care for him.

Again, in the most recent HA hullabaloo which seems to have instigated his inclusion here, I saw a handful of people pissed at him.

Quote:

MIJB#19 was also a very popular poster here until his recent decision to criticize SkyDog. Now, he has lost the respect of many, many people here who think SkyDog is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Blade6119 has been here for a very long time and I don't remember him being involved in any conflicts. Now, in this thread he chose to speak up in support of me and watch the respect of many of you go out the window for it.

Ditto. I really don't see people having lost all respect for them. Maybe some disagreed with them, but overdramaticism takes away from your point instead of adding to it.

I know that there are a number of people here who take things pretty seriously. I think most don't. The whole concept of respect for posters is an interesting one. I like talking sports, hattrick, politics, etc. with all of you, but for all I know someone here could be a child molestor or even a fan of the TV show Friends . The whole concept of respect here is a little silly.

The martyr image doesn't fit you well HM. I much prefer the "I don't care what you think" HM.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:01 PM   #119
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SplitPersonality1
This place, to me, is a message board - pure and simple. In the grand scheme of things, nothing that is said here is really all that important.

I'd like to think that I am a typical member of the board. I don't hate you. Occasionally you are funny. Ocassionally you are insightful. Ocassionally you are annoying. (Same goes for many on this board). No biggie either way.

It's true that many time you get baited, and people eem to pick on you for past "transgressions", but you brought that on yourself. I suggest you just ignore those folks and don't let them get to you.

You often say that you don't care what others think...and then post a comment five minutes later. Sometimes it's just better to leave things alone.

I am not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I am simply trying to help. I truly believe in what I am saying because, well, frankly I'm right.

This is an internet message board. That is the reason I have never really taken this place too seriously and never will.

I'm in agreement with you....
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:52 PM   #120
HornsManiac

I am in agreement myself. This place is a message board nothing more or less. To some of us that is all it is, but to others - sadly - it is the center of their life. Quite a few people DO take this place very seriously for many reasons that I will not get into now but have before. Anyone who truly thinks they have "friends" here is in desperate need of a life, if you ask me. Nobody knows anyone here and thinking you do is foolish. Anyone of us could really be posting from behind the iron gates of a federal prison. I know that is a grim reality, but it IS the reality. Realizing that, why would anyone want to take a faceless style of writing so seriously? All of us are nothing more than a character and a writing style. Sure, some of us may act the same here as we do in person, but I am sure quite a few of us are totally different. For some of us it is all about trying to provide entertainment, make people laugh, stir up emotions, etc. (see the posters like myself, Hell Atlantic, Fritz, Kodos, Wigs) and to others it is all about being as "real life" as possible (see posters like TroyF, John Galt, SkyDog, Quiksand, Ksyrup), but whatever your style I don't know any of you well enough to consider you a friend. Internet penpal? Perhaps, but you are definitely not true friends.

HornsManiac
Old 04-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #121
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

adjective

I think you misunderstand my point of the entire way of dealing with women...they like confidence, and cockiness...

But this cockiness is applied only at certain times....you make cocky jokes or say something about her to sound cocky while laughing....it will work...be a permanant cock(no the sick way)...not cool...only apply it sometimes and it will work...

As i said before, it is a computer game board, so expecting a bunch of nerds(im assuming most of this community is old guys who play computer games too much, so if you don't fit the bill dont flip out) to understand the way girls like badasses or confident and SOMETIMES cocky guys over sweet panzis is asking for let down....i know that very few people here will understand this, and thats all right as i know very few memebers have the experience in dating that is required....it even takes failure to understand...im sorry, as i and im assuming HM thought that some of the people on this board could be mature enough to accept multiple view points(im not saying its right, but 90% of girls will prefer our way) or even accept advice...thats all HM and i came to do...help ragone, yet you attack us like we came to cruciify him...this is what i get for speaking up i guess....back to the dynasty and hattrick forums where everyone gets along...

For future reference though, this is the general discussion. This is not the general one-sided viewpoint forum...It might not be about the game(it may), and it might pertain to defending Skydog(i currently have no problem with him, minus the fact that i have sent in a few Quotes of the moment, and none have i seen added...i thought they were funny, but i guess we again can't have numerous view points even when pertaining to humor)...fight back as you will, and try and make it worthwile to respond....
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2003, 01:43 PM   #122
Blade6119
Coordinator

just wanted to add about the defending skydog point, that it kinda reminds me of guys on other boards like the .400 studios or CM....i believe the term is fanboys...ring a bell anyone??
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2003, 02:25 PM   #123
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I appreciate everyone's opinion.. and their right to have it.. I asked for it.. and received them... I really didn't expect a flamefest to happen outta it, and hell i've even said some shit wrong myself, mostly outta being upset, not with peoples thoughs.. but for wasting 6 months of my life to find this out.. for that I apologize.

On to other topic ongoing
However, I do think some restraint needs to be showed(would be like me going to a french message board and posting this)

BOO
you all surrendered yet?

Those kinds of posts are looking for a negative reaction(much like someone calling the US a terrorist nation)
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:37 PM   #124
Mountain
Mascot

Sorry I haven't contributed anything substantive to this thread to this point.

You know I think people are trying to speculate why she's acting the way she is or did. That's not really important. The bottom line is she is acting that way and are you going to accept it. Whenever a relattionship ot dating situation breaks up everyone always wants to know why. But why isn't what is important. Its the reality that's important. Just like when someone dies. Everyone wants to know how it happened but thats not really important. What's important is that they're gone and you have to deal with them being gone. Kind of an exterme analogy but you get the point.

I'm glad you realzied she's treating you badly and aren't going to accept it anymore. Kudos to you and the best of luck in your future.

Blade and HM. Granted your approach makes it much easier to get laid but does not always lead to finding girls who are the best for relationships. I agree a man should not be a doormat in a relationship. Neither should a woman.

I agree women will test you. You can stand your ground and just simply say no without being cocky or funny and still get the point across and keep her interest quite nicely.

Blade, when you're in high school, some girls are attracted to the badasases but almost univerally, once they get older, they tire of the badasses and want someone with just a little more stability. Just a tip for when you get a little older. Though your method will work fine for now.

Last edited by Mountain : 04-22-2003 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:54 PM   #125
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I haven't contributed anything substantive to this thread either, and I just wanted to get this off my chest somewhere.

I think HornsManiac is annoying because I am trying to read a discussion and his frickin' signature is taking up half the space. They may be funny quotes the first two or three times but, honestly, trim that thing man.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #126
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by Mountain
Blade and HM. Granted your approach makes it much easier to get laid but does not always lead to finding girls who are the best for relationships. I agree a man should not be a doormat in a relationship. Neither should a woman.

This is where you are wrong about what we are trying to say here. Universally, women of all ages, races, walks of life, and countries are attracted to men who are funny, confident, slightly cocky, secure in themselves, and in control of the relationship at all times. They are also NOT attracted to men who are afraid to take control of their life and the people who share a part of it with them. All women HATE (I know that is a strong word) men that they can control at all times. I said this earlier and it must have gotten lost in all of this so here goes again. One of the most beautiful words a woman yearns to hear from her man is "no." Believe that and if you don't just ask a woman and see what she says.

The funny thing about this is the quality women are the ones who respond the best to it. Lower quality women who lack their own elevated self-esteem, confidence, humor, and wit will be intimidated by you and will think you are a jerk. Reason being, they don't have their inner self together enough to relate to you. When I was dating I found it MUCH easier to date a professional in a business suit than pick up a loose party girl from a club.

When you start to date these high quality women I can assure you they won't stand for being your doormat anymore than you are willing to be theirs. It is all about respect and it being a two way street. It is NEVER about dominating the relationship. Again, you don't control the woman, but you make sure she doesn't control you either.

Quote:
I agree women will test you. You can stand your ground and just simply say no without being cocky or funny and still get the point across and keep her interest quite nicely.

It is not that simple. To keep her interest for the long term you need to provide excitement and challenges for her. Women truly want mental stimulation and if you are the type that thinks your woman should always get her way and be treated like she is a queen on a throne where is the mental stimulation she desires? There is none to be found if you are a man who even remotely thinks or acts that way. With all due respect to certain people here and their wives the mentality of "she who must be obeyed" makes me friggin' want to vomit and even worse it makes women want to to vomit as well.

Quote:
Blade, when you're in high school, some girls are attracted to the badasases but almost univerally, once they get older, they tire of the badasses and want someone with just a little more stability. Just a tip for when you get a little older. Though your method will work fine for now.

I am not a badass. In fact, I am far from it. I am a professional who goes out wearing silk shirts, ties, etc. I am so far from being a "tough guy" it would amaze you. The bad boys you are talking about are the ones that treat their woman like they are her pimp, get into fights all of the time, drive their cars way too fast and reckless, and other immature and dangerous things. I have NEVER been like that and we are not telling Ragone he needs to be that way either.

The reason women are attracted to bad boys is because they have an attitude toward them that says, "Baby, I can take you or leave you. You are not some god like figure in my eyes. I am the prize and if you don't want me get the f*ck out of my way so that I can go and hook up with that woman over there standing behind you." That is the ATTITUDE that provides women with the ultimate challenge and shows her he has EXTREME self-confidence and is therefore ultra attractive to women.

When women get older they do get sick of the abuse that bad boys dish out to them and they do tend to avoid men like that. However, it is that confidence that attracted the woman to him and that confidence is what they STILL dream about. They just don't want the immature behavior and other things the bad boys always have. This is why the ultimate man for a woman is the man who has that same confidence, cockiness, and humor but DOES NOT have the abrasive and violent behavior of the traditional "bad boy." I am that man and you can become that man as well if you are willing to change.

HornsManiac
Old 04-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #127
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by BishopMVP
I haven't contributed anything substantive to this thread either, and I just wanted to get this off my chest somewhere.

I think HornsManiac is annoying because I am trying to read a discussion and his frickin' signature is taking up half the space. They may be funny quotes the first two or three times but, honestly, trim that thing man.

Done.

I have been meaning to do it anyway.

HornsManiac
Old 04-22-2003, 05:29 PM   #128
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mountain

Horns stated it perfectly...its not that they want the bad-asses that abuse them, they love the confidence that they bring...i don't know how many times ive seem giys grovel at hot girls and be too afraid to talk to them or ask them out...they hate this...uits a lack of confidence...The so called bad boys i refer to have the confidence that they love...a hot girl can get a guy to grovel in no time...she doesn;t want that...she wants someone who doesn't just go crazy for her...proving a HM point, they want to be challenged...I said in a previous post my theories dont work with girls who have been burned in a past-relationship, and more than likely quite a few girls as they age will have a said situation and get turned off to that type, bue never to that confidence...i dont abuse girls...i will beat up any guy that hits a girl, but being a bad boy means to me to have that careless confidence more so that rebel...if you want a long-term deal you obviously must be sweet at times, but be confident and make cocky jokes from time to time...it will work...Its tuesday and i dumped my gf yesterday... i already have 3 dates for this weekend, and i couldn't be happier...i must be doing something right, as these arent the ugly girls at school.

I bear no ill regards for anyone in this post, and im glad to have an intellectual debate...you call it a flame war, which it may be, but it is also multiple people clashing wits and neither budging an inch...you replace wit with strength or spirit, and you have football or other sports...kinda funny how you can view things like debate if you look at it from a different perspective.
Demotivation
Old 04-23-2003, 07:55 AM   #129
Mountain
Mascot

Nothing personal on my end. Just talking.

I don't have any dating problems. In fact, I have the reverse problem. The girls I date drive me nuts because they are constatnly smothering me and wondering if I'm going to leave. The converse isn't all that great either.

I guess where I differ with this approach is I beleive that it is possible to be confident without being cocky. I think what you are talking about are people who tend to be malleable anyway. I have some things in my life I am willing to compromise on and things in my life that I'm not that are part of my intrinsic being.

For example, my current girlfrined and I are very different politically, and we occassionally get into some heated debates about issues. However, I don't back down from her and stick to my beleifs because those beliefs are an intrinsic part of who I am and I won't change them for anyone. Event though she might get upset, she respects me much more for it in the long run and has admitted that. On issues that I don't consider a part of my intrinsic self, like whose family to spend certain holidays with, restaurant, or movie selections I'm much more wiliing to compromise and maybe do some things I wouldn't ordinarily do to make her happy. She wants to get married so bad its almost ridiculous. So I guess my approach is working.

One other point. Being confident is fine but you better have some substance to back up that confidence. And the confidence better be geniune. Because in the long run a woman will be able to see right through you and feel lied to. And if there's one thing a woman hates more than anything, it being lied to.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:48 AM   #130
HornsManiac

Okay, I think there is a little bit of confusion here about what exactly the effective cockiness is all about. It is not about being vocal about yourself and how great you are, how much she needs you, how much money you have, how many women want you, etc. None of those things are what I am talking about when I use the term "cocky." The effective cockiness is very subtle dialogue that is mixed with vagueness and ambiguity. Confident body language is also a HUGE part of it. Again, these things are very subtle and not bold and outspoken words and actions.

Examples of what DOES work and why....

"I am busy the next few nights, but maybe I can see you on Saturday."

Most wussy men will drop everything they have going on when a hot woman calls and wants to see them. If you can show the woman that you have events/people other than her in your life it will drive her crazy because you have your own life and are different than the rest. She is not used to waiting for things and not getting her way when she snaps her fingers.

"Just because you were the high school prom queen doesn't mean you get special favors from me."

This woman is obviously beautiful and 99.9% of the men she meets tell her so repeatedly. With this statement you acknowledge that she is hot without flattering her, but you also show her that you require more than great looks.

"No, I don't buy drinks for women I just met, but you can buy me one."

This tells her that you are not like the rest of the men who would spend every dollar they have buying her drinks, dinner, roses, etc. thinking that is what she really wants. It is not what she really wants at all. The second part shows that you are extremely confident and think highly of yourself, which is very attractive. Plus, it makes her think, "Who is this guy and who does he think he is implying I, the woman, should buy him something. Damn, this man has balls and I like it."

Quote:
One other point. Being confident is fine but you better have some substance to back up that confidence. And the confidence better be geniune. Because in the long run a woman will be able to see right through you and feel lied to. And if there's one thing a woman hates more than anything, it being lied to.

You are 100% right on the money there. All of this MUST start on the inside and not just be an act. You cannot fake confidence and charm, because women will see past it instantly. This is the reason why a man cannot just walk up to women and blurt out pick up lines and expect them to work. Women can tell INSTANTLY that you are using a canned line you read in a paperback book, on the internet, or heard on the radio. If they get that feeling from you it is over, because it shows you are a desperate and lonely man who resorts to getting pick-up lines from the morning radio show in a foolish attempt to get laid. Yuck!

If you are truly confident and secure it will make you glow like a light bulb in the eyes of women and once you show her that glow she will find your cheesy pick up lines funny and they will be great conversation starters.

HornsManiac
Old 04-23-2003, 08:58 AM   #131
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Again, I have no problem with asserting that women want a confident man. Cocky is another story. You're just using the term incorrectly. Cocky is confident to the point of arrogance, and if you think that most women like arrogance, you are wrong. Of course there are exceptions, but most are turned off by arrogance - especially from a man that has nothing to be arrogant about (not referring to anyone in particular, just in general).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:25 AM   #132
HornsManiac

Quote:
Again, I have no problem with asserting that women want a confident man. Cocky is another story. You're just using the term incorrectly. Cocky is confident to the point of arrogance, and if you think that most women like arrogance, you are wrong. Of course there are exceptions, but most are turned off by arrogance - especially from a man that has nothing to be arrogant about (not referring to anyone in particular, just in general).

Yes and no, Ksyrup.

Yes, I can see where people think of the term "cocky" to be much more abrasive than it really is.

There is a difference between cocky and arrogant, but most people here tend to see them as one and the same. Arrogance is boldly outspoken to the point of being self-centered, rude, and/or abusive. Cockiness is almost never spoken out loud, but when it is it's VERY subtle and ambiguous. I gave some great examples of the good kind of cocky in my previous post, but apparently I still did not make my point.

Here are some examples of arrogance and these are HUGE turn offs to women.

"Baby, you know you want me just like every other woman does."

"I am great and if you don't believe me just ask any of my ex flames. Here would you like me to call one for you?"

"At my job I am the bomb. I have received so many promotions, Baby, that I will soon own the place."

"I am so good in bed all of my ex girlfriends still call wanting more of my action. Watch, someday you will be one of them and still calling yourself."

HornsManiac
Old 04-23-2003, 09:28 AM   #133
HornsManiac

...... dola

One thing that REALLY makes a difference is mixing the cockiness with humor.... hence the term C&F. If you are going to be acting like this in a serious tone it will NEVER go over well with a woman. However, if you can do it and at the same time make her laugh it will make you the ultimate chick magnet.

HornsManiac
Old 04-23-2003, 10:26 AM   #134
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

[edited to take the somewhat higher road]

Respect the Cock! And TAME the Cunt!

Last edited by NoMyths : 04-23-2003 at 10:28 AM.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:32 AM   #135
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
premarital relations are sin. Take them all out for a pop and enjoy a wholesome youth.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:51 AM   #136
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Yes, I can see where people think of the term "cocky" to be much more abrasive than it really is.

There is a difference between cocky and arrogant, but most people here tend to see them as one and the same.

Most people see them as one and the same because the definition of "cocky" is, essentially, "arrogant". You seem to ignore this fact, which has been pointed out by numerous posters, and try to convince people it is not. Perhaps you would sell this easier if you changed, or at least better defined, some of your terms.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #137
Franklinnoble
Banned

Sadly, I think that if I had read this thread 12 years ago, I would have had a lot more fun in college. ;-)
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #138
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

They aren't his terms, and as such he has to toe the party line.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:45 PM   #139
HornsManiac

Quote:
Most people see them as one and the same because the definition of "cocky" is, essentially, "arrogant". You seem to ignore this fact, which has been pointed out by numerous posters, and try to convince people it is not. Perhaps you would sell this easier if you changed, or at least better defined, some of your terms.

LOL Actually, I am not the one who needs to study the dictionary. This is from Merriam-Webster online...

Main Entry: cocky
Pronunciation: 'kä-kE
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): cock·i·er; -est
Date: 1768
1 : boldly or brashly self-confident
2 : JAUNTY

Main Entry: jaun·ty
Pronunciation: 'jon-tE, 'jän-
Inflected Form(s): jaun·ti·er; -est
Etymology: modification of French gentil
Date: 1662
1 archaic a : GENTEEL b : STYLISH
2 : sprightly in manner or appearance : LIVELY

Main Entry: ar·ro·gant
Pronunciation: -g&nt
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin arrogant-, arrogans, present participle of arrogare
Date: 14th century
1 : exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance in an overbearing manner
2 : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance

It is plain to see by the definitions that arrogance is a more intense behavior than cockiness. Cockiness is not just self-confidence it is more than that. However, it is also much less than arrogance which "exaggerated one's own worth or importance in an overbearing manner.

That is the key word right there, overbearing. Cockiness is not overbearing and unpleasant like arrogance is. If you will see the examples I gave you of each behavior you will realize the difference between the two.

Quote:
They aren't his terms, and as such he has to toe the party line.

NoMyths, would you care to elaborate on this? I will say to you the same things I have said before. Until you can share with us a better method for male/female interaction you need to stop criticizing mine. Isn't that only fair?

HornsManiac
Old 04-23-2003, 12:49 PM   #140
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Main Entry: ma·lar·key
Variant(s): also ma·lar·ky /m&-'lär-kE/
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1929
: insincere or foolish talk : BUNKUM

Main Entry: bun·kum
Variant(s): or bun·combe /'b&[ng]-k&m/
Etymology: Buncombe county, N.C.; from a remark made by its congressman, who defended an irrelevant speech by claiming that he was speaking to Buncombe
Date: 1845
: insincere or foolish talk : NONSENSE

Main Entry: 1non·sense
Pronunciation: 'nän-"sen(t)s, 'nän(t)-s&n(t)s
Date: 1614
1 a : words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas b (1) : language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good sense (2) : an instance of absurd action
2 a : things of no importance or value : TRIFLES b : affected or impudent conduct
3 : genetic information consisting of one or more codons that do not code for any amino acid and usually cause termination of the molecular chain in protein synthesis -- compare ANTISENSE, MISSENSE
- non·sen·si·cal /"nän-'sen(t)-si-k&l/ adjective
- non·sen·si·cal·ly /-k(&-)lE/ adverb
- non·sen·si·cal·ness /-k&l-n&s/ noun

Last edited by Fritz : 04-23-2003 at 12:50 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #141
HornsManiac

Fritz, do you have a better solution to offer since ours is such malarkey and nonsense? Why not share with us a better way that is more effective?

HornsManiac
Old 04-23-2003, 01:19 PM   #142
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

A better way to do what? I refuse to read this entire thread.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:27 PM   #143
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

solution to what? I already passed my thoughts on to ragone - see page one.

my "comments" refer to you being full of shit. I just can't figure out if you practice being full of shit, or if you are the idiot savant of being full of shit.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:42 PM   #144
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMyths
Stick a fork in it. Not even sure I'd bother to get in touch with her about the decision either, depending on how long "some time" means.

Fritz - You said you agree with NoMyths on this and you also said he should be a pig. That sounds like a solution to help him in future relationships.

Why don't you share with us some better ways to help Ragone meet more women and then how can he keep them from shitting on him again like this one did and how probably many others in the past have as well? That is where he could use your expert advice.

You want to insult my advice, but do not offer him better alternatives. Why? Because you have no reliable information to give him, for one. And for two, you are only here to try and bait me into a flame war with you. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not happening. I will just pretend you did not tell me I was full of shit, because I don't have the will, time, or energy to battle with an unarmed prick like you.

HornsManiac
Old 04-23-2003, 01:49 PM   #145
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
my "comments" refer to you being full of shit. I just can't figure out if you practice being full of shit, or if you are the idiot savant of being full of shit.

I'm so full of shit I squeak when I walk.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #146
Samdari
Roster Filler

Hey Genius, Merriam Webster's free online dictionary is basically "Words for dummies" Funny that you went there for your definition. The one that you have to pay for (which is obviously not out of the price range of one who drives a Lincoln Navigator) is derived from the M-W unabridged dictionary. I have a copy of such at home, and GASP, arrogant is part of the definition of cocky.

Try again, and this time, be a bit more careful about checking your sources.

As for the example of:

This requires that the woman has approached the man and asked him to buy her a drink. The woman could obviously tell the guy was confident from the way he cowered in the corner, afraid to approach her. You make absolutely no sense. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are what 12, and have only seen boobies in Playboy, and on those sites Fritz sends you to?
Old 04-23-2003, 02:04 PM   #147
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Fritz - You said you agree with NoMyths on this and you also said he should be a pig. That sounds like a solution to help him in future relationships.

Why don't you share with us some better ways to help Ragone meet more women and then how can he keep them from shitting on him again like this one did and how probably many others in the past have as well? That is where he could use your expert advice.

You want to insult my advice, but do not offer him better alternatives. Why? Because you have no reliable information to give him, for one. And for two, you are only here to try and bait me into a flame war with you. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not happening. I will just pretend you did not tell me I was full of shit, because I don't have the will, time, or energy to battle with an unarmed prick like you.

HornsManiac

ill have to agree with HM on this thread again...he has been the only one offering advice on what to do(i only repeated in other words)...you tell him gj, or to dump her ass, but wat not to do from now on...he needs advice on how to better himself so this does not happen again, not to just end this and thats it...

If you can give him advice and back it up, more props to you, otherwise shut the hell up...
Demotivation
Old 04-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #148
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
NoMyths, would you care to elaborate on this?
Sure. Anyone who wants the model for HM's "strategy" can find a hundred guys like him at www.seduction.com or at alt.fast.seduction . Had a student do a paper on this junk, which was where I first heard the "cocky & funny" phrase. Some of your stuff, HM, is word-for-word. You should at least give proper credit to your sources.
Quote:
I will say to you the same things I have said before. Until you can share with us a better method for male/female interaction you need to stop criticizing mine. Isn't that only fair?

How about this: be honest, treat women with respect instead of as targets, and you might actually get to know a girl instead of just doinking her. My sense is that you aren't interested in women as people, though, but only as sexual conquests. A lot of people are that way. Then they get older and realize what complete fucko's they are.

Last edited by NoMyths : 04-23-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:06 PM   #149
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey Genius, Merriam Webster's free online dictionary is basically "Words for dummies" Funny that you went there for your definition. The one that you have to pay for (which is obviously not out of the price range of one who drives a Lincoln Navigator) is derived from the M-W unabridged dictionary. I have a copy of such at home, and GASP, arrogant is part of the definition of cocky.

Try again, and this time, be a bit more careful about checking your sources.

As for the example of:

This requires that the woman has approached the man and asked him to buy her a drink. The woman could obviously tell the guy was confident from the way he cowered in the corner, afraid to approach her. You make absolutely no sense. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are what 12, and have only seen boobies in Playboy, and on those sites Fritz sends you to?

Instead of flaming, try offering your advice...your view on getting girls must be different, so offer it up...Ragone asked for advice, not a flamewar
Demotivation
Old 04-23-2003, 02:07 PM   #150
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

dola...
Quote:
HornsManiac

Didn't realize I'd need to clarify my quote, but here goes: treating people with respect implies the same. If you're being disrespected in a relationship, do not continue the relationship. Pretty simple, really.