Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #101
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Grow a skin..

I just said he was making key plays in the clutch and has been the last few weeks.. Then they got stopped, that's all.

Just calling it like I see it. Poor play by other people dont negate Mannings cluch play ability, just the play itself.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #102
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_Platypus View Post
dropped balls, receivers falling down, not exactly his fault.
Amazing how when Brady throws 4 INTs against Indy people are quick to mention tipped balls and such, but this will go down as solely Mannings fault.

This is because Manning is a dingleberry. Brady is not.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #103
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You lost it, Hammer.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #104
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
This is because Manning is a dingleberry. Brady is not.

Of course he is. Thats why nobody else but Indy would play him.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #105
JeeberD
General Manager

God, these Cowboys are so bipolar. We could easily be leading the NFC East if not for stupid penalties and turnovers.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 11-19-2006 at 06:16 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #106
Bad-example
College Starter

A sweet victory for the 49ers. Gore sets team rushing record with 212 yards. The defensive resurgence is one of the most unlikely storylines of the year. With a boatload of picks in next year's draft, the future looks good for the Niners.

I thought Holmgren was gonna pop a vein a couple times.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #107
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
If a player is pushed and then falls, he's considered down. Same principle, I think...

I agree with you there, but In this case the touch didn't lead to him falling. At least it didn't appear to.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #108
JeeberD
General Manager

*shrug*

I imagine the refs know the rules better than either of us, and they ruled him down...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #109
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Jerry, hope you've got that pocketbook open for Romo. And hell of an effort by the D today.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #110
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
A sweet victory for the 49ers. Gore sets team rushing record with 212 yards. The defensive resurgence is one of the most unlikely storylines of the year. With a boatload of picks in next year's draft, the future looks good for the Niners.

I thought Holmgren was gonna pop a vein a couple times.
I actually watched this game instead of the Indianapolis-Dallas game. I thought the 49ers were going to blow that game in the most creative way possible. First, there was Gore's fumble near the two minute warning. Then after they intercept Wallace, they run the clock down and only need to take one more snap, but Jonas Jennings got hurt and stopped the clock. If he doesn't get hurt, they don't have to do their fourth down snap until the clock is down to :07 or :08. Smith can run around in circles and fall on the ball, or they can try some running play to run the clock out. Instead, they have to try a field goal with :36 left, and Nedney misses it. Craziness.

I thought the Niners were going to end up giving the game away. They sure tried their hardest in the final two minutes. A win is a win, though, and it's hard to believe that San Francisco has a three-game winning streak and has a better record than the Rams.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #111
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Of course he is. Thats why nobody else but Indy would play him.

LOL. Nobody but Indy would play Peyton Manning? Surely, you jest.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #112
robbgmaier3
n00b

Is anybody besides me wondering why Parcells hasn't cut Vanderjakt, and might it happen this week? I don't see many generic kickers having the season he is having still having a job myself....
robbgmaier3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #113
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I actually watched this game instead of the Indianapolis-Dallas game. I thought the 49ers were going to blow that game in the most creative way possible. First, there was Gore's fumble near the two minute warning. Then after they intercept Wallace, they run the clock down and only need to take one more snap, but Jonas Jennings got hurt and stopped the clock. If he doesn't get hurt, they don't have to do their fourth down snap until the clock is down to :07 or :08. Smith can run around in circles and fall on the ball, or they can try some running play to run the clock out. Instead, they have to try a field goal with :36 left, and Nedney misses it. Craziness.

I thought the Niners were going to end up giving the game away. They sure tried their hardest in the final two minutes. A win is a win, though, and it's hard to believe that San Francisco has a three-game winning streak and has a better record than the Rams.

Yeah, that was a rough final two minutes. The bogus replay call that overturned a Battle touchdown at the end of the first half was ugly as well. That Gore fumble could have cost them the game. The Jennings injury was huge in giving the 'hawks yet another life. And who would expect Nedney to miss? He is automatic from that distance.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn

Last edited by Bad-example : 11-19-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #114
st.cronin
General Manager

Rooting against Peyton Manning has been one of the most rewarding sports experiences of my life.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #115
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbgmaier3 View Post
Is anybody besides me wondering why Parcells hasn't cut Vanderjakt, and might it happen this week? I don't see many generic kickers having the season he is having still having a job myself....

Take the stat for whatever you think it is worth but he is among the most accurate kickers in the game. Besides that, I am sure he has a nice signing bonus that prevents him from being cut anytime soon.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #116
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Amazing how when Brady throws 4 INTs against Indy people are quick to mention tipped balls and such, but this will go down as solely Mannings fault.
People only criticize Manning because he is black. If he was white, he would be considered the best QB in the game... Oh, wait...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #117
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
People only criticize Manning because he is black. If he was white, he would be considered the best QB in the game... Oh, wait...

LMFAO!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #118
Fouts
College Starter

Good start. Keep it up Bolts!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #119
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
LOL. Nobody but Indy would play Peyton Manning? Surely, you jest.

I'm not even sure what he was attempting to say there.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #120
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I'm not even sure what he was attempting to say there.

Yeah, reading back looks like he was sarcastic. I think he actually favors Peyton.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #121
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Being a Colts fan, yeah, I favor Peyton and yes, that was sarcasm
Old 11-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #122
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Which works. Since I was commenting on his ability and whether or not other teams would play him.

While we are getting all sarcastic .

Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #123
Fouts
College Starter

Broncos tie it. Obvious hold of Jamal Williams not called.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #124
kingfc22
Head Coach

The 'stick was rocking today. It reminded me of when the Niners went to the playoffs every year. The crowd was in it the entire game and the opposing team did not have a third of the fans in attendence. The defense was great and Frank Gore is going to the Pro Bowl.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #125
kingfc22
Head Coach

My undefeated fantasy team will now have to rely on David Carr as McNabb is done.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #126
miami_fan
Coordinator

NBC can't be happy with the Indy-Philly matchup next week. No chance to switch that one.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #127
Fouts
College Starter

Great comeback. Now SD has to hold the Broncs. Maybe Plummer will throw a pick or fumble the ball....
Old 11-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #128
Fouts
College Starter

I love you Jake Plummer.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #129
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Great comeback. Now SD has to hold the Broncs. Maybe Plummer will throw a pick or fumble the ball....

If it was not Jake, I would say you jinxed him
Old 11-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #130
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Tomlinson is God. If he doesn't win MVP, something is seriously wrong.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #131
DeToxRox
Head Coach

22 total TD (19 rush, 3 pass) in 10 games.

Absurd.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #132
miami_fan
Coordinator

Unbelievable!!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #133
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

SN game has gone to ugly.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #134
Fouts
College Starter

Gotta love Jake!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #135
kingfc22
Head Coach

What an ugly end to the game.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Count on Jake to blow it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #137
bhlloy
Coordinator

This is not at all justifying what Olshansky did, and he should be fined an absolute shitload (and possibly suspended), but that is a bush league move by a bush league offensive lineman. He clearly went for his knees on a spike play - fucking bullshit.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #138
cuervo72
Head Coach

It's a moot point now and it worked out well for SD, but it wouldn't have been bad strategy to kick off out of bounds, if Kaeding could have gotten it around the 10 or so...
Old 11-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #139
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Go Bolts. This makes me very happy. Not only because my favorite player had another record-breaking game but this is a game that probably the Bolts supposed to have lost. On another level, this makes the Vick-LT trade look that much better.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #140
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
It's a moot point now and it worked out well for SD, but it wouldn't have been bad strategy to kick off out of bounds, if Kaeding could have gotten it around the 10 or so...

If he kicked it out of bounds, they would have got the ball at the 40.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #141
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
This is not at all justifying what Olshansky did, and he should be fined an absolute shitload (and possibly suspended), but that is a bush league move by a bush league offensive lineman. He clearly went for his knees on a spike play - fucking bullshit.

Agreed. I'm not sure of the Denver Center's intentions, but Olshansky needed to be a professional there.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #142
miami_fan
Coordinator

I wonder if Nalen gets fined in the same way Jerramy Stevens got fined a couple of weeks ago.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #143
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I think we can now say with certainty that Chuck Amato's early success at N. C. State had very little to do with Chuck Amato.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #144
dime
High School JV

I can see why everyone hates peyton manning, I mean he takes himself so seriously, and then he had the audacity to say no one shows any respect for his team...oh wait, that's brady...hmm.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #145
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
If he kicked it out of bounds, they would have got the ball at the 40.

I'm disagree.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/kickoff

Last edited by cuervo72 : 11-19-2006 at 10:36 PM. Reason: "corrected" my grammar
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #146
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I think we can now say with certainty that Chuck Amato's early success at N. C. State had very little to do with Chuck Amato.

lol

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

Since I am in San fran for the week for thanksgiving, I went to the 49ers-seahawks game.

Was a pretty fun game when the home team gets up early, the crowd really gets into it. However I think the game was decided by two people. Gore had an amazing day, made so many people miss tackles, and the QB for Seattle (whoever it was backing up hasselback, I couldn't see his name from where I sat) had some of the worst passes I have seen since I played ball in school.

If Seattle had a compitent QB in there, I think the seahawks easily win today. The 49ers couldn't get anything accomplished on offense other than the times Gore broke free, and alot of their first half points were handed to them by horrible turnovers deep in their side of the field. Whoever calls offensive plays for the 49ers should be fired.

Either way, was alot of fun to go to the game and sat around a bunch of fun 49ers fans which made the game alot of fun.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #148
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

On a normal kickoff, he'd be right. But because of the penalties, wouldn't they have started on around the 10 anyway? 30 yards from the spot of the kick?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 AM   #149
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey my beloved Cardinals won a game, and with it lost the #1 pick-WTG Cards!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #150
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Hey my beloved Cardinals won a game, and with it lost the #1 pick-WTG Cards!

You don’t need another quarterback anyway.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote