Pro Starter

Shaun
Another one from primelord

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...8&postcount=72
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #103
primelord
Pro Rookie

Sorry I have been posting in the wrong thread. I didn;t realize we had another one.

I think the code for having players try to score from 2nd is not working. At least when you are managing the game (I would assume it is the same code as the fast sim). In 5 games I have seen a dozen or so situations where a runner on 2b failed to try to score after a base hit. A runner has only tried to score from 2nd once in all my games.

I am also concerned about the Sac Bunt. I have failed in 5 straight attempts to bunt a runner over. There are certainly sample size concerns with all of this, but it seems to be a pretty clear issue.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #104
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord
There are certainly sample size concerns with all of this, but it seems to be a pretty clear issue.

With your history as a statistics guy I find this statemtent more than a little ironic.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #105
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
How do your league totals look vs. history?

Offensively? Not good. I have to run to the grocery store and then to my umpire job, so I can't revisit this until later tonight, but I will post my 1955-1957 league leaders when I return, and try to compare them with real-life totals.

Just off the top of my head, far too many 50+ HR hitters.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #106
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
With your history as a statistics guy I find this statemtent more than a little ironic.

Hah. I didn't word that particularly well. I'll try again.

A dozen occurances of a situation is certainly a small sample size. However if you expect something to happen roughly 50% of the time and instead it only happens 9% of the time in the first 12 occurances, there is pretty strong supporting evidence that something could be off. Although it is certainly far from conclusive.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #107
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord
Hah. I didn't word that particularly well. I'll try again.

A dozen occurances of a situation is certainly a small sample size. However if you expect something to happen roughly 50% of the time and instead it only happens 9% of the time in the first 12 occurances, there is pretty strong supporting evidence that something could be off. Although it is certainly far from conclusive.

Just an FYI, I'm seeing similar results in the PBP. While watching a series of games last night, I had two instances of single, single, single, bases loaded.

Also had a two out double where a runner of decent speed didn't score from first. Mine is a small sample size as well, but I believe the baserunning logic is off a bit.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #108
primelord
Pro Rookie

To be fair the very next game I played had several players scoring from 2B and going from 1st to 3rd.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #109
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Offensively? Not good. I have to run to the grocery store and then to my umpire job, so I can't revisit this until later tonight, but I will post my 1955-1957 league leaders when I return, and try to compare them with real-life totals.

Just off the top of my head, far too many 50+ HR hitters.

1955 Real Life Top 5 (NL):

Willie Mays - 51
Ted Kluszewski - 47
Ernie Banks - 44
Duke Snider - 42
Eddie Mathews - 41

1955 PureSim Top 5 (NL):

Willie Mays - 71
Duke Snider - 56
Ernie Banks - 53
Eddie Mathews - 52
Ted Kluszewski - 50

1956 Real Life Top 6 (NL):

Duke Snider - 43
Joe Adcock - 38
Frank Robinson - 38
Eddie Mathews - 37
Willie Mays - 36
Wally Post - 36

1956 PureSim Top 6 (NL):

Ernie Banks - 63
Willie Mays - 60
Duke Snider - 58
Ted Kluszewski - 52
Eddie Mathews - 51
Frank Robinson - 50

1957 Real Life Top 5 (NL):

Hank Aaron - 44
Ernie Banks - 43
Duke Snider - 40
Willie Mays - 35
Eddie Mathews - 32

1957 PureSim Top 5 (NL):

Eddie Mathews - 55
Willie Mays - 53
Ernie Banks - 49
Gus Zernial - 47
Hank Aaron - 46

By my count, one guy in that three year period topped 50 homers in real life. Two if you count Mickey Mantle doing it in 1956 in the American League.

In baseball history, if I've done my addition right (source: http://www.baseball-reference.com/le..._season.shtml), there have only been 39 50-homer seasons in all of baseball history.

In PureSim, it happened 13 times in the NL alone, and an additional six times in the American League. 19 in 3 years compared with 39 in, let's say, 90 years.

That stands out a little bit. Other stats, such as triples, those seem okay. Willie Mays hit 20 triples in real life in 1957, but only 18 in PureSim '57. It seems like it's mostly the homers that are eye-popping. I'm curious what that says for park effects, that doubles and triples are okay (and maybe even a little lower than real life equivalents) but homers are stratospheric.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:25 AM   #110
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It seems like it's mostly the homers that are eye-popping.

Watch out SA, the fanboys will be coming after you for that one.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #111
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

I was wondering what the overall league totals looked like? I hadn't really seen too much of a variance and have been getting excellent results in my replays. Maybe I was looking too much at the aggregate totals. I'll look into this,

In the meantime this can all be tweaked. If you click on "Options and Utilities" from the association home screen that will bring up a dialog. From that dialog click on the "Association Settings" tab. At the bottom of that dialog there is a checkbox that reads "Use custom simulation settings for this association." Check that box and then click the "edit" button next to it. You should see a screen like this:

Playing around with those settings may help. Note, I will continue to strive to improve the "out of the box" results.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #112
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA

I think SackAttack can handle himself.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #113
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I think SackAttack can handle himself.

pics?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #114
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No Picz Plz K Tks
Old 05-18-2006, 11:07 AM   #115
Cuckoo
College Starter

I've really enjoyed this one so far. It's quite challenging in that the statistical correlation to ratings is pretty widely varied from what I've seen so far. Some guys have great ratings but consistently struggle while I've had nice performances from youngsters with still-developing ratings.

I do have a question. Is there a way to change the roster numbers once you've begun an association? I started quickly but really dislike having only 35 players total in the organization.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #116
TroyF
Coordinator

I'm having a blast with this for that reason as well. It's really forcing me to look at the numbers as much as I'm looking at the ratings and that's a good thing.

In just playing around with the game, I did run into a bug last night:

I set up a classic puresim league, with the MLB framework. I just let the game name all the teams and reagions. Set finances to equal. Also had fictional players selected.

Everything looked fine until after year 1. The game generated something like 2500 players for the draft. (the 5 round rookie draft). Teh players in the draft seemed fine, but once I hit FA, all hell broke loose. There were 10-12 superstars in the FA pool who had never played a game. It didn't look like they'd been on any team the previous year. No stats, just incredible ratings.

I did the same thing with a 28 team league and everything played out fine.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've noticed that some balls that are hits end up with red text anyways (some HR's for example) instead of green text. minor really
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #118
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in 1917 just had my first VIEWED instance of back-to-back HR's, although i've been quick simming the majority of games.

oh, and are steals of home ALWAYS successful or is it just me? I think I've succeeded every time i've tried (2-3 times with a guy who does have a speed of 88 though)
Old 05-18-2006, 01:15 PM   #119
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i've noticed that some balls that are hits end up with red text anyways (some HR's for example) instead of green text. minor really

This might be an artifact from the last PureSim, when red text indicated a 'special' play, like an out becoming a hit/HR or vice versa (OF robbing the HR).
Old 05-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #120
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA

Meh. Even for contemporary totals, it's a lot, but it's more a lot in the mid-50's than it would be in the late '90s.

Shaun, aggregate totals are probably also high, because dudes who might've hit 5 HR might be hitting 15. I don't know if I can go back and get the total # of HR hit for years that are already in the books, but anecdotally speaking I can say I've had some double-digit HR guys who weren't really much in the way of power hitters. Not a lot of guys like that, but some.

So the aggregate totals aren't as much a concern to me as the 50+ HR issue.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #121
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
I'm having a blast with this for that reason as well. It's really forcing me to look at the numbers as much as I'm looking at the ratings and that's a good thing.

In just playing around with the game, I did run into a bug last night:

I set up a classic puresim league, with the MLB framework. I just let the game name all the teams and reagions. Set finances to equal. Also had fictional players selected.

Everything looked fine until after year 1. The game generated something like 2500 players for the draft. (the 5 round rookie draft). Teh players in the draft seemed fine, but once I hit FA, all hell broke loose. There were 10-12 superstars in the FA pool who had never played a game. It didn't look like they'd been on any team the previous year. No stats, just incredible ratings.

I did the same thing with a 28 team league and everything played out fine.

Troy,

I saw a very similar post on the puresim website as well (don't know if it was you) so Shaun should be aware of the problem. He also had an issue with the MLB Framework setting.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #122
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Boston Red Sox 1917 Edition...Alternate Universe

Starting Rotation (with notable achievements where necessary)

Smokey Joe Wood (4x Best Pitcher of the Year, 94-41 with a 1.18 WHIP, career leader in CG, IP and K's)
"Baldy" Dick Rudolph (career 69-35 with a 1.22 WHIP)
Earl Hamilton (first season with us after spending the first part of his career with STL...career 60-74 with a 1.38 WHIP and an ERA of 3.22, should very much benefit from the increased run support of the best offense in baseball. Already 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA this year)
Eddie "Knuckles" Cicotte (career 33-31 with a 1.40 WHIP) - can also be filled by "Gettysburg Eddie" Plank, Jean Dubuc, Bob Groom or Hugh Bedient

Lineup (vs. Righties given, lefties is same players slight order change)

2b Eddie Collins (career .306 with a .387 OBP)
1b "Gorgeous George" Sisler (only 24, career .315 AVG and .430 SLG)
3b Red Smith (hit .317 with a .436 SLG in 1916 for me)
CF Dutch Zwilling (has only 3 years experience and had a down year in 1916 skewing his stats down, in 1914+1915 he was a .308 AVG .450 SLG guy with 13 HR's each year and 85-100 RBI)
RF Dave Robertson ( .283 AVG .390 SLG, led league with 10 HR last year)
SS Milt Stock (only 24, still with 91 potential, .281 AVG, .348 OBP)
LF Ken Williams ( .263 AVG, first season as a starter, may not last)
C Frank Snyder (career .296 AVG, .351 OBP only 23)

Yes that's right. Tris Speaker is on the bench! Although to be fair I hadn't realized Williams was underperforming so bad, Speaker will be taking LF from him .

Oh yeah did I mention...1912, 1914, 1916 WS Champions

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-18-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #123
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh yeah did I mention...1912, 1914, 1916 WS Champions

1912, 1915 and 1916 in real life. So far, you're just par for the course.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #124
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1912, 1915 and 1916 in real life. So far, you're just par for the course.

true that
Old 05-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #125
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Troy,

I saw a very similar post on the puresim website as well (don't know if it was you) so Shaun should be aware of the problem. He also had an issue with the MLB Framework setting.

Interesting. I don't visit the Matrix boards much. OK, I don't visit them at all. Glad someone else has posted it.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #126
jbmagic
Pro Starter

There a public beat version 1.01 now available.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1135930

Quote:
Hi all,

We decided to make the v1.0.1 Beta update available while we finish up testing on the new expansion feature as well as these fixes before making it an official release. Our current goal is to release an official update next week.

The v1.0.1 Beta update is now available for registered owners of PureSim Baseball 2007 in the Members' Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top navigation bar). Please note that this is not an official release update and if you would like to try it, it is provided "as is" and with no guarantees. Feel free to stay with the release version and wait for the official update if you prefer to play it safe.

Please post any feedback on the Public Beta in the Public Beta Feedback forum! Thanks.

Here's a list of what the PureSim Baseball 2007 v1.0.1 Beta addresses:

Change History:

NOTE: This does NOT include expansion, it just focuses on crash/serious issues, primarily around compatibility with PS 2005 associations.

PS 2007 v1.01 Beta Patch Notes

==============================

- Fix: Fixed "no current record" error in almanac when using associations created with PS 2005 that previously had expanded

- Fix: Fixed error 76 that would happen if a user copied all files from their old PS 2005 "faces" folder (as opposed to just the jpgs). PureSim will now detect this case and force the photocache to be rebuilt

- Fix: Users can now access the statistics->export option before the draft, so files can be exported out to excel for analysis before drafting

- Tweak: AddIns Menu is disabled during the initial draft.

- Fix: If the user used the [M]ore dialog to select a pitchout the game would crash

- Fix: Multiple additional issues around generating the almanac when using associations created with PS 2005

- Fix: If a player played on more than one team in a given season it was double counting the years of services listed on the almanac player card

- Fix: In rare cases players were coming off the DL too early

- Fix: Error 9 in Top 25 young hitters add-in

- Fix: Duplicate players in Top 25 young hitters add-in

- Fix: If using the included template association with no human-owned teams you were only able to play one season

-----

Regards,

- Erik
Old 05-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #127
SackAttack
Head Coach

Willie Mays just stole second against us on a 1-2 pitch with 2 out.

That's, y'know. I can live with that. That's cool.

What bothers me is that the batter singled on the 1-0 pitch following the stolen base.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #128
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damnit, I thought we had that one squashed.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #129
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Willie Mays just stole second against us on a 1-2 pitch with 2 out.

That's, y'know. I can live with that. That's cool.

What bothers me is that the batter singled on the 1-0 pitch following the stolen base.

I was going to post on that last night. I have been playing with the 87 Cards and because oft hat I have been frequently stealing bases with Coleman. The count is often mis-matched on when the runner stole the base and when the player hits the ball.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #130
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

brought that up on the beta boards again, guys.. I reported it in betatesting and it seemed to have been fixed up till now
Old 05-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #131
hukarez
College Starter

Is there any way to revert back to a default setting for a ball park? I think I royally screwed up my ball park's configuration for my franchise, considering that I can't seem to set it back to the default photo.

It's stuck as an oversized baseball.

I initially used BryanK's stadium thing (had imported it) earlier, but couldn't figure out how to get the ball trajectory stuff to align up with the small picture. I guess it's perfect for the original background setting (which I'm perfectly fine with if I can find that photo!).
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #132
SackAttack
Head Coach

My kingdom for the head of Rich Harden, the ass-sucking bastard.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #133
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

I'm reading!

Just as an FYI I am reading this thread and noting any issues (most have already been noted on the Matrix forums)

Thanks.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:42 AM   #134
SackAttack
Head Coach

Shaun, one thing I'd like addressed is the ability to re-set my offensive strategy once there's a 2-strike count.

You'll seldom, for example, see a bunt attempt with two strikes and a non-pitcher at the plate. Jackie Robinson used to do it, but he's the exception, not the rule.

If a strategy other than "Swing Away" (Enter) is used, and yields a 2-strike count, we should have the option to discontinue that strategy for the remainder of the at-bat.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #135
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
pics?

Old 05-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #136
jbmagic
Pro Starter

From Shaun at his forum.

Quote:
Besides bug fixes and expansion, with the upcoming 1.1 patch this week we're starting to see more splits displayed! The good news is PureSim already stores the result of every pitch so I can continue to add more splits in future updates.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #137
jbmagic
Pro Starter

dola

Also there a Beta patch 1.02 out already that fixes these issues before the official 1.1 update patch comes out.

Quote:
OK, with the official 1.10 patch coming this week, I have decided to release a public beta of that patch. Again its a beta patch, not the official one so those of you that prefer to play it safe should wait for the official version. That said, it should be VERY stable, but use at your own risk. I'd really appreciate as many people as possible banging on it. There are some tempting new features in there too (ahem...expansion...ahem).

This is the complete patch and I will only be fixing reproducible crash bugs over the next day or two. Any other issue will have to wait.

Please discuss in the beta forum ONLY. Again this is not an official release.

Download the 1.02 BETA Patch (15mb) http://www.psmultiplayer.150m.com/Pu...-v102_Beta.exe

PS 2007 v1.02 Beta Patch Notes

* New: Full expansion support! Expand in the off season from 2-36 additional teams, control where the teams hail from and full ability to set league and division realignment. NOTE: For associations created before this option was available, I have added an "[x]Expansion Possible" check box to the "Options and Utilities" dialog. Simply access that dialog, check the option and then at the end of your next off season you will be prompted if you want to expand.

* New: Now displaying batter label at the plate on the PSPNCast

* Lost Feature Returns: Next/Previous links on player card to allow for easy navigation of your players or players in a given list. Note when you open a player card from a sorted/filtered list or grid, when you are navigating via prev/next it is in the context of that list. This can be very useful when applying custom filters and sorting on the "players" page and looking for some talent.

* New: Added option to incrementally build Almanac, this will avoid building season pages that have already been previously written. Also added an option to force a full rebuild.

* Lost Feature Returns: Right click popup menu is back for player links! Please let me know if you hit any stability issues on this.

* Tweak: AddIns Menu is disabled during the initial draft.

* Tweak: Unattended autoplay no longer auto-updates the alamanac during the off season. The user is now prompted to update it when they visit the almanac

* Tweak: After the initial association draft, the AI wasn't fully evaluating talent on a per-team basis until after spring training. This had no real impact except that the lineups and majors/minors would look a little suspect until after the spring (at which time the AI would kick in and re-organize teh roster more appropriately) This now happens before and after the spring, with any post-spring tweaks being based on players having an awful or great spring.

* Tweak: No longer requiring that lineups and rotations be valid at the "finalize rosters" phase of the off season. The only requirement now is that the team has the correct number of players.

* Fix: If the user opened the "Options and utilities" dialog then all sound would be cut off until the game was re-started

* Fix: Crash when accessing the short list if the short list had minor league players on it

* Fix: The Almanac was not respecting non (1-100) ratings scales

* Fix: Crash when using the "Compact Database" option from the "Options and Utilities" dialog if using a template association that had not completed any seasons.

* Fix: The Almanac was incorrectly reporting Major league debut age

* Fix: Crash When opening a player card from the minor league screen, and then opening another player card from the first one that was opened (via the transaction history for example)

* Fix: Error 94 that would sometimes occur on the trade dialog with associations converted from PureSim 2005.

* Fix: Fixed "no current record" error in almanac when using associaitons created with PS 2005 that previously had expanded

* Fix: Fixed error 76 that would happen if a user copied all files from their old PS 2005 "faces" folder (as opposed to just the jpgs). PureSim will now detect this case and force the photocache to be rebuilt

* Fix: Users can now access the statistics->export option before the draft, so files can be exported out to excel for analysis before drafting

* Fix: If the user used the [M]ore dialog to select a pitchout the game would crash

* Fix: Multiple additional issues around genrating the almanac when using associaitons created with PS 2005

* Fix: If a player played on more than one team in a given season it was double counting the years of services listed on the almanac player card

* Fix: In rare cases players were coming off the DL too early

* Fix: Error 9 in Top 25 young hitters add-in

* Fix: Duplicate players in Top 25 young hitters add-in

* Fix: If using the included template association with no human-owned teams you were only able to play one season

* Cosmetic: Fixed typos on various screens.

* Cosmetic: "Please Wait" screen was being clipped on the player card...
Old 05-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #138
TroyF
Coordinator

THANK YOU!!!

This was one of my biggest complaints with the game. It does so many thing incredibly well, but I wanted more stats and splits.

I understand that some of these things have very little to do with the actual game mechanics, but I love statistics. Always have, always will. The more stats, the better and happier I'll be.

The rest of the game is really impressing me. Career arcs are done very well and as I've said before, I'm looking at stats as much as I am ratings. Really, really looking forward to the first patch now.

Last edited by TroyF : 05-21-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #139
SackAttack
Head Coach

Is there any way to change the ratings columns in free agency to display stats instead? I know the far right column has the stat line, but sometimes you want to sort by a specific stat, not just BA/HR/RBI.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #140
Galaril
Pro Starter

I am surprised not to see any great analysis from SkyDog. I always enjoy reading his testing of the various baseball games.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #141
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I am surprised not to see any great analysis from SkyDog. I always enjoy reading his testing of the various baseball games.

Yes does seem kind of odd. I guess he's been really busy.. hence his expansion of mod duties.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #142
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

is there another link for the 1.02 beta? that one doesn't work

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-21-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:57 PM   #143
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

trade logic could still use a little tweaking. i just traded Mike Myers straight up for Juan Pierre after trading Damon + Wells for Beckett

and Andruw Jones for Timlin + Wakefield

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-21-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #144
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
trade logic could still use a little tweaking. i just traded Mike Myers straight up for Juan Pierre after trading Damon + Wells for Beckett

and Andruw Jones for Timlin + Wakefield

Damon+wells for beckett is reasonable.
Jones for Timlin and Wakefield is alittle off; unless they were trying to dump salary or were very in need of pitching.
And Pierre for Myers is not that bad if ateam really was looking for alefty relief specialist.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #145
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Damon+wells for beckett is reasonable.
Jones for Timlin and Wakefield is alittle off; unless they were trying to dump salary or were very in need of pitching.
And Pierre for Myers is not that bad if ateam really was looking for alefty relief specialist.

In real life, I'd agree.

In PureSim...well, in manage mode, with speed of 100 he seldom ever gets thrown out. It's one of those things where if he gets on first, he might as well be on third because I'm running with him.

Dude who can steal 200 bases = far more valuable to me than a lefty relief specialist.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #146
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
In real life, I'd agree.

In PureSim...well, in manage mode, with speed of 100 he seldom ever gets thrown out. It's one of those things where if he gets on first, he might as well be on third because I'm running with him.

Dude who can steal 200 bases = far more valuable to me than a lefty relief specialist.

That is true is valid. I do agree the trade AI needs some minor adjustment. It would also be nice to shop more than one player. So, say like in your case you wanted to unload Wakefield and would include Timlin.It would be great to be able to shop the two or three palyers to other teams. Also, on a related note , is there a trade block to put players on?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #147
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is true is valid. I do agree the trade AI needs some minor adjustment. It would also be nice to shop more than one player. So, say like in your case you wanted to unload Wakefield and would include Timlin.It would be great to be able to shop the two or three palyers to other teams. Also, on a related note , is there a trade block to put players on?

yesss. please let me shop more than one player.
and i thought at one point i saw something about a trade block on one player card, but cant find it anymore
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #148
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
is there another link for the 1.02 beta? that one doesn't work

Seems like that link is dead now.

Others can't get it either.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1137764

Maybe the official update 1.1 is coming.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #149
chinaski
College Prospect

managing a game in the demo, i cant for the life of me find a way to bring in a relief pitcher....
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #150
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
managing a game in the demo, i cant for the life of me find a way to bring in a relief pitcher....

ah did it. click the pitcher in the lineup, then click the replacement.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote