Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2015, 12:27 AM   #14501
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Ugh, woke up this morning to find that my laptop is dead.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #14502
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Plug it in.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #14503
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
Plug it in.

Plugged it in, plugged it in w/o battery, nothing, not even any indicator lights.

Maybe I should head over to the laptop buying thread or perhaps just upgrade my old PC.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #14504
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Went to the zoo today with wife and kids. Cincinnati zoo is not in a great area. We are in the lion area which is like a catwalk that goes n a circle raised above the lions. If you look east it looks out into the neighborhood. All of a sudden we hear 2 pops, someone yell " he shot him" and 2 seconds later a kid in a gray hoodie running up the street. We high tailed it outta that section.

Last edited by Lathum : 04-26-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #14505
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Police on scene for reported shooting near Cincinnati Zoo - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV
Old 04-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #14506
PilotMan
Head Coach

My wife and kids were there too! She didn't say anything about that though.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #14507
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
My wife and kids were there too! She didn't say anything about that though.

I would be surprised if most people even knew. The only reason we did was we heard the shots then saw the suspect running away. TBH if I had just herd the sounds I would have thought it was fireworks.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #14508
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would be surprised if most people even knew. The only reason we did was we heard the shots then saw the suspect running away. TBH if I had just herd the sounds I would have thought it was fireworks.

My son and I were less than 100 yards away (probably 50, really) from a shooting a couple of months ago and while I thought the pops might have been gunshots, I didn't really know until I saw mentions of it on FB/in the news.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-26-2015 at 08:46 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 PM   #14509
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Went to the zoo today with wife and kids. Cincinnati zoo is not in a great area. We are in the lion area which is like a catwalk that goes n a circle raised above the lions. If you look east it looks out into the neighborhood. All of a sudden we hear 2 pops, someone yell " he shot him" and 2 seconds later a kid in a gray hoodie running up the street. We high tailed it outta that section.

Sounds like something that woulda happened around Zoo Atlanta (the park side of things)
Old 04-27-2015, 06:27 AM   #14510
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Am I the only one who kinda digs Jared Leto's Joker reveal?

I gotta admit, it looks like a 90's version of the Joker, who'd hang out with Limp Bizkit and Juggaloes.

They really "poochied" him up.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #14511
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So, there's a girl in the office who always dresses a little bit racy.

Today, she was wearing a leather skirt that was a bit too tight and too short, and she had on what amounted to stripper heels.

Thank you, Lord.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #14512
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So I looking at computer parts and came across this Intel processor

One of the blurbs on the page reads:
"Compatible with Z87 and Z97 motherboards. Z87 motherboard users may need to apply a BIOS update for compatibility. Not compatible with Intel Motherboards."

How is an Intel processor not compatible with an Intel motherboard?
Old 04-29-2015, 07:04 AM   #14513
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So I looking at computer parts and came across this Intel processor

One of the blurbs on the page reads:
"Compatible with Z87 and Z97 motherboards. Z87 motherboard users may need to apply a BIOS update for compatibility. Not compatible with Intel Motherboards."

How is an Intel processor not compatible with an Intel motherboard?

Did the us govt take over control of Intel?!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #14514
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So, there's a girl in the office who always dresses a little bit racy.

Today, she was wearing a leather skirt that was a bit too tight and too short, and she had on what amounted to stripper heels.

Thank you, Lord.

You have to appreciate the little joys in life that help make things seem more worthwhile.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-29-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #14515
PilotMan
Head Coach

WTF is wrong with Texas that they have to call out the National Guard for 2 months to monitor military exercises.

Like Steam?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:41 AM   #14516
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
WTF is wrong with Texas that they have to call out the National Guard for 2 months to monitor military exercises.

Seems like a situation where political incentives work against leadership incentives. Some paranoid folks with internet connections come up with a conspiracy theory. Governor decides that there is no real harm in publicly coming out in support of them. And probably polishes up some of his "Texas v. the World" credentials in front of the next election. So, for his political fortunes, it seems like a low-risk, possible-reward situation.

The problem is that it gives legitimacy to people's fears. I feel sorry enough for folks feeling legit anxiety over the idea that armed American soldiers are going to stage a military coup and take over their lives and homes. That must be a very stressful thing to believe.

To then have the governor of your state effectively whispering in your ear "You know, you might be right. They might be coming to get you." would seem to make it that much harder to get to sleep at night.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #14517
Easy Mac

What I find odd about this this (or at least one part of it) is that everyone is always saying how much the military hates Obama, yet they'd just go along with this because...? Was their hatred just some sort of smoke screen or long con?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:47 AM   #14518
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That Jade something or other 14? Couple that with the closed Wal-Mart conspiracy and there's a lot of darkness out there for people.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #14519
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola, its the Texas State guard, which does not answer to anyone higher than the gov apparently.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #14520
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Seems like a situation where political incentives work against leadership incentives. Some paranoid folks with internet connections come up with a conspiracy theory. Governor decides that there is no real harm in publicly coming out in support of them. And probably polishes up some of his "Texas v. the World" credentials in front of the next election. So, for his political fortunes, it seems like a low-risk, possible-reward situation.

The problem is that it gives legitimacy to people's fears. I feel sorry enough for folks feeling legit anxiety over the idea that armed American soldiers are going to stage a military coup and take over their lives and homes. That must be a very stressful thing to believe.

To then have the governor of your state effectively whispering in your ear "You know, you might be right. They might be coming to get you." would seem to make it that much harder to get to sleep at night.

That was my thinking as well. Giving legitimacy where there shouldn't be any. Feeding the flames of fear. I would think that calling up Mexican National Guard should be enough to cover things.

Like Steam?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #14521
Easy Mac

Also, how is the Walmart closures not leading the national news every night, or at least second fiddle to Baltimore? I can't really think of any major national company shuttering 6 of its stores overnight for no actual explainable reason.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #14522
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Also, how is the Walmart closures not leading the national news every night, or at least second fiddle to Baltimore? I can't really think of any major national company shuttering 6 of its stores overnight for no actual explainable reason.

because the drainage that effects nothing!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #14523
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There are tunnels that connect the Walmarts
Old 04-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #14524
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
We've replaced Gov. Abbott with Alex Jones. Let's see if anyone notices.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #14525
bob
College Starter

Somehow I've missed what the hell you guys are talking about.... link?

Edit: Never mind, I found this:

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...takeover.html/

what the hell

Last edited by bob : 04-29-2015 at 09:44 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:32 PM   #14526
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Somehow I've missed what the hell you guys are talking about.... link?

Edit: Never mind, I found this:

Paranoia catches Abbott’s attention: Gov orders Texas guard to monitor military exercises over fears of federal takeover | | Dallas Morning News

what the hell

Here's another good one.

Texans blame secret military takeover for Walmart closings, secret tunnels - Houston Chronicle

Like Steam?

Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #14527
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

If, in 1968, you showed me this picture:

and told me that in 47 years, this guy would not only still be alive, but also active in baseball, I'd think you were crazy.

Red in 1968 (actual age 45): looks to be about 70 years old.
Red in 2015 (actual age 92): looks to be about 70 years old.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 04-30-2015 at 03:43 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #14528
Easy Mac

According to How Old Do I Look? he looks 76 in his baseball card and 72 in the other picture.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #14529
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
According to How Old Do I Look? he looks 76 in his baseball card and 72 in the other picture.

That is hilarious - thanks for the link.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #14530
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I find odd about this this (or at least one part of it) is that everyone is always saying how much the military hates Obama, yet they'd just go along with this because...? Was their hatred just some sort of smoke screen or long con?

You've never heard of a despot having unit(s) loyal to him over anything else?

It's not as though the military is entirely immune to having bad apples in its ranks.

Whatever I do/don't think of the conspiracy theories, this particular part as possibility isn't so hard to decipher really.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #14531
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I work in the seminar sales industry, been involved in this since 1999. I have in essence been running our team for the last two weeks. This week the office sent someone out to be the seminar director.

Today is a first for me. He was a no show this morning, we couldn't reach him by phone and he wasn't answering his hotel phone. We sent security up to check on him. Security opened the door and heard him snoring and called me.

I went up to wake him up, he was passed out cold, he went partying last night...but the biggest thing is...there was SHIT everywhere in his room. Like all over his bathroom, his bed, his floor..it was like there was a shit flinging monkey in his room. I woke his ass up and got out.

The speaker immediately demoted him and moved me into the position.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 05-02-2015 at 12:17 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #14532
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

My GF is retired military and everything she heard in the offices behind closed doors was military hates him. She despises him with a passion.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #14533
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I work in the seminar sales industry, been involved in this since 1999. I have in essence been running our team for the last two weeks. This week the office sent someone out to be the seminar director.

Today is a first for me. He was a no show this morning, we couldn't reach him by phone and he wasn't answering his hotel phone. We sent security up to check on him. Security opened the door and heard him snoring and called me.

I went up to wake him up, he was passed out cold, he went partying last night...but the biggest thing is...there was SHIT everywhere in his room. Like all over his bathroom, his bed, his floor..it was like there was a shit flinging monkey in his room. I woke his ass up and got out.

The speaker immediately demoted him and moved me into the position.

Thank you for the laugh of the day. That's awesome.

Like Steam?

Old 05-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #14534
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
My GF is retired military and everything she heard in the offices behind closed doors was military hates him. She despises him with a passion.

Well not everyone can be as loved as President Cheney.

Like Steam?

Old 05-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #14535
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So I get a package in the mail today from somebody I've never heard of. Inside of the package was a copy of Intuit Quickbooks Pro 2012, no message or invoice or anything.

I google the guy's name and he's some building contractor in another state.

I'm very confused.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #14536
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So I get a package in the mail today from somebody I've never heard of. Inside of the package was a copy of Intuit Quickbooks Pro 2012, no message or invoice or anything.

I google the guy's name and he's some building contractor in another state.

I'm very confused.

Amazon screws up sometimes. Its why they need drones.

Last edited by Lathum : 05-04-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #14537
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I should also add that the address and return address were both handwritten.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #14538
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It was probably laced with smallpox.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #14539
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

dola, behind the handwritten label was a printed label. It was apparently sent from a place in China to the guy on the original return label. The contents listed on the printed label was quickbooks.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #14540
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Finally had my piano (a 1914 A.B. Cameron Upright Grand) looked at today for repairs and tuning. It's going to need over $2,000 worth of work. I am not going to put that kind of money into it, because while I have sentimental attachment to it (I grew up learning to play on this piano), I don't have THAT much attachment to it.

That being said, I'm really crapped out right now, even though I suspected this was a likely outcome of having it looked at.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 05-04-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #14541
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Finally had my piano (a 1914 A.B. Cameron Upright Grand) looked at today for repairs and tuning. It's going to need over $2,000 worth of work. I am not going to put that kind of money into it, because while I have sentimental attachment to it (I grew up learning to play on this piano), I don't have THAT much attachment to it.

That being said, I'm really crapped out right now, even though I suspected this was a likely outcome of having it looked at.

Prob a dumb question, but how much is it worth? if you put the 2 g's into it, would someone else want to purchase it at a profit to you?
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #14542
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Full Upright Grands are apparently worth next to nothing these days. And the $2,000 is just for the functionality, the wood finish is still pretty screwed. So full restore is probably closer to $3-4,000.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #14543
Kodos
Resident Alien

Huh. I never realized that Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom was a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #14544
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Huh. I never realized that Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom was a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I remember hearing at one point that the only thing that really makes it a prequel is that Doom is set a year earlier, and there's really not anything in the plot that causes it to be considered a prequel.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:56 AM   #14545
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
my son turned 18 a couple weeks before yours, sigh...

FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Wait. That little karate guy is 18?!?!

As a follow up, don't know if you guys will be able to see it, I set the privacy to public anyway, but the little karate guy who's now 18 plays the drum on that cover of Kickstart my Heart
https://www.facebook.com/gougeon.ste...03970669049061

Before you critic anything, it's not a band per se but a end of year show with his music school were it attend drumming lessons. They learned and practiced individually and rehearsed together like three times at one month interval. Hi drum teacher actually plays bass guitar on that song. I guess no kid was available to play it.

FM
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #14546
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

that would be two of us
Old 05-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #14547
cuervo72
Head Coach

Wait...what?
Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #14548
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'd assume they didn't really want to do back to back Nazi stories
Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #14549
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

It's a weird combination of prequel and sequel because the story itself is set before Raiders, but there are a large number of callbacks to Raiders in the film (e.g. the two swordsmen that he encounters near the end of the movie calls back the scene in the market where he shoots the swordsman, only in Temple, he's lost his gun and has to run)
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #14550
Grover
Pro Starter

New guy on our Erection & Dismantle crew, his first day. His first hour... clogs the toilet so bad that it is everywhere. Have to hire a plumber. We found out it was him, we sent someone from the jobsite to go pick him up to come clean up his mess.

Ever have a first day go that badly?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote