Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #1401
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have an idea. Why don't within the tribe the 6 of us privately take
$29 each and come up with our own bids on paper. We then choose a time, say 4:00PM EST and we all post our bids. Whoever's bid gets the most points we go with it. Kind of like a challange within a challange. This should give us an interesting case study as to what may happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
That sounds like fun. I am game

Quote:
Can we say by 3pm EST though instead? that way we can have time to total them up, and then talk about the final product before 4-4:30? Thats usually when I have to head out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Works for me. I don't know how much thought I will put into it, though. But I'm game, also!

Quote:
3:00 is fine for me, I'll be around and can total them up. I think we should wait untill about 11:00 EST for Mr Wed, gramm and sndvls to check in and ok it.

Quote:
Alan's time works for me too -- I usually head out after 6 PM eastern, anyway.

Quote:
to me that is the point. I think over discussing this will get us no where. IMO it is pretty much a crap shoot but doing it this way should be a realistic simulation.

Quote:
See I disagree, I think this contest is all about getting the best "bargain" and to get a good bargain you need to know how much things are worth. If you overspend for some to get them and underspend for others that you lose out, I argue you will end up worse off than an approach to be the most effecient.

That said, I think our exercise of a trial run among us 6 is the best way for all of us to put our test theories to work and really see if a random guess will out perform mathematical formulas. If it does, then we just go with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I asked Bk a question on bidding and how the bidding process works. Is there an order for the auction to be resolved? Do we have to send a PM to him or post in thread. Most importantly, if we could over bid our total amount on items and he said NO. My thought was to over bid and see what you win as the auction is resolved and you ran out of money, any bids left standing would be cancelled. But that is not going to work. We have to distribute our bids to the ecact total.

I did not get an answer on how we send in the bids or post in thread.

do you guys think we should post a fake bid in the main thread to cause confusion?

Quote:
I'm good with everyone posting a submission for review.

I guess I assumed that by agreeing to this you were ok with us just going with the winner.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #1402
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Pass not Path in post 1398
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #1403
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I'm about to head out for Friday night. Am I supposed to post my knowledge on tribe Howard in the main thread or not?

yeah, the rest of us did. Just something like:

I sent in a pm asking how many wolves were in the howard tribe and barkeep answered 1.

Just something a soothsayer could use if one comes from a future reward.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #1404
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

No, it means I was okay with a submission for REVIEW, not blanket approval for the that to be the team's final submission.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #1405
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
yeah, the rest of us did. Just something like:

I sent in a pm asking how many wolves were in the howard tribe and barkeep answered 1.

Just something a soothsayer could use if one comes from a future reward.

Yes I understand the reasoning as that was my suggestion as well.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #1406
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Im not really getting all worked up over it gramm. I still don't see why a wolf would have purposely tried to have us win myself. I just have had a long day. I'm getting in trouble for spending time on here instead of getting ready to go, and its been a long day
Old 02-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #1407
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Go ahead and take off, I'm out soon too. We can get the Wiki thing worked out over the weekend and discuss concerns later.

Thanks for getting us started on the Wiki.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #1408
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

On a different subject, I hope the lupus tribe comes back and says they didnt give the idols over, but quietly do.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #1409
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Im not really getting all worked up over it gramm. I still don't see why a wolf would have purposely tried to have us win myself. I just have had a long day. I'm getting in trouble for spending time on here instead of getting ready to go, and its been a long day

Sorry if I was the cause of keeping you on here too long -- maybe I should have just come out with it, instead of hinting at it. Thanks for all the wiki help -- sorry if I distracted us from that!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:34 PM   #1410
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'll be one and off on Sat.

but won't be on at all on Sunday to help on the Wiki entry too.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #1411
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damn this thread is getting close to the common thread in post count.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:51 AM   #1412
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Alright at this point, I think the highest probability of our wolf is in Pass or Mr. Wednesday.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:23 AM   #1413
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

My concern with Pass is the following.

Alan initially suggested we check each tribe and then have two people check for Idols.

SnDvls suggeted we check the total wolves as a checks and balance for the individual tribal checks

Pass disagrees with this in 2 posts trying to convince us this is useless and redundant

Alan backs SnDvls and Pass then says okay. Basically he lost the argument and stopped pushing there.

The Pass says that he will take whatever anyone else does not want. He says that he will be online earlier in the morning.

SnDvls says he will take the total number of wolves as the check figure.

Pass jumps in and now says he will take Helsing. What happened to waiting for what everyone else does not want?

I think Pass originally wanted to discourage a check figure and would have reported no wolves in helsing if it worked that way.

Pass has tried to fuel a factless issue with Path in the common thread that my suggestion to change to Lower Fang was somehow a wolf move to manipulate things. Not sure how this works as we won and the tribal council outcome worked in our favor as villagers.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #1414
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Pass, Mr. W and SnDvls, why do you appear to be avoiding me in our tribal thread but apppear to be setting up suspicion about me in the challenge thread? I have been here several times and available for discussion. You could ask me anything. You do understand how your behavior can be viewed as rather wolfish, right?

I guarantee that I am a normal villager. Just like you Lathum.

So, what is it that you think a wolf would have to gain by suggesting we switch provinces?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #1415
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You know. I've been trying to keep a running tally of who I think is or isn't a wolf in my mind, but I haven't been too worried about who it is so far as we haven't gone to tribal council yet.

I figured as long as one person wasn't isolated it would help us all work as a team to either do well on events or even throw events if we so choose for whatever reason.

Once we start being 5 individuals then we suddenly go from team goals to individual goals (staying alive) and a whole different set of subjectivity comes into play in choices.

All I know is I really wish Oz would give more info about Lathum, because I have no idea why they referred to him as being nearly cleared. If it was the seer who said so, then it suddenly makes my choice for a wolf to be a 1/3 chance which isn't horrible.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #1416
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Alan, the game has switched gears to WW. So, who else are you eliminating to get a 1/3 chance?

taking out Lathum and Yourself leaves 4 people and a 1/4 chance. Who is the other person you feel good about?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #1417
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

oh woops, forgot about sndvls. so 1/4 is right.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #1418
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pass, Mr. W and SnDvls, why do you appear to be avoiding me in our tribal thread but apppear to be setting up suspicion about me in the challenge thread? I have been here several times and available for discussion. You could ask me anything. You do understand how your behavior can be viewed as rather wolfish, right?

I guarantee that I am a normal villager. Just like you Lathum.

So, what is it that you think a wolf would have to gain by suggesting we switch provinces?

sorry not trying to set you up on the outside at all just trying to run numbers to work on the theory.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #1419
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pass and SnDvls, what are you talking about?

BTW this is the only time I see you ask me a direct question and if you look before this I believe I said I don't push it anymore and that I didn't believe Alan missed it on purpose.

sorry again man
Old 02-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #1420
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, the game has switched gears to WW. So, who else are you eliminating to get a 1/3 chance?

taking out Lathum and Yourself leaves 4 people and a 1/4 chance. Who is the other person you feel good about?

See I think this isn't necessarily true that the game is full blown WW now. Its still partially Survivor and partially WW. For me, I think our team has proven to be the strongest so far, and of this strong team, five members are villagers with me. Ideally for me it would be really nice to have only one tribal council, get lucky and vote off the wolf and keep the rest in tact.

I don't know how survivor will play out later on, but I would much rather continue with some strong members from this team that I know I can trust then a bunch of former team mates who all distrust each other now.

I guess eventually we will go to tribal council and have to choose someone, and I've been trying to keep track of what I felt was suspicious along the way.. but for now I'm just not in the accusatory mode I guess.

I have felt it likely all along being on a team with some pretty active players like ours that a wolf could just sit back and go along with things and just blend in fine. When we did eventually get to tribal council we would pick each other to pieces and the wolf just stay out of it.

I still don't see a wolf outing himself just to rig the last challenge, and I don't really see a wolf trying to stir up alot of stuff. In my mind a wolf right now would be just going with the flow so to speak I guess.

Either way, I guess when the time comes and we end up in tribal council, I will be forced to put more weight to some of this.. but for now, I really would like to have 3-5 people from this team that aren't wolves that I know I can trust later on in the game.

(speaking of which we need to decide what we want to do about the wikipedia entry)
Old 02-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #1421
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hey guys, I have to go to a bridal show today then I am out tonight and will probably sleep late. I'm sorry I didn't help this challenge. I haven't really played much OOTP and been out alot this weekend. I read the article and it looks good ( I would buy it ) . I promise to help more next week.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #1422
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sports Interactive

SEGA
Release date(s)>>

March 23, 2007

Sports simulation
Mode(s)>>

Single player, multiplayer using TCP/IP, or Hotseat mode
Platform(s)>>

PC, Mac/Apple-Intel
Media>>

Digital Download
System requirements>>

PC:
Rec
Windows Vista or XP, AMD or Intel Dual Core 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 1024x768 32Bit display, 1GB HD Space, MS compat mouse & Keyboard
Mac:
Rec:
PowerMac/PowerBook:, PowerPC G5 2GHz, Mac OS 10.4.8, 1GB RAM
Mac Pro/MacBook:, Intel Core Duo 2GHz, Mac OS 10.4.8, 1GB RAM **Video card must support Open GL in order to use fictional face generation feature.

Input>>

Keyboard, mouse
> >

Out of the Park Baseball

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of the Park Baseball (sometimes abbreviated to OOTP) is a text-based baseball simulator for career, MLB-historical and fictional play. OOTP was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn had the vision to combine a highly realistic replay baseball simulation with career play. His goal was to create a game that satisfied both hardcore baseball fans and casual gamers, who like the idea of running a virtual baseball franchise as well as re-creating realistic statistical contests.

The first version was released in May 1999, with the help of Sean Lahman who sold the game through his website www.baseball1.com. The initial version of the game was very promising and received outstanding ratings from several online gaming sites. The breakthrough release came in 2001, when the constantly evolving and always improving OOTP 3 received outstanding reviews and became the game to beat in the baseball simulation world.

In 2002, Markus joined with several other indepenant text simulation writers to form the new company .400 software studios. .400 software studios was responsible for the release of OOTP5. Markus and a few other programmers split away from .400 software studios in mid 2003 to continue work on the OOTP series as well as the upcoming Inside the Park Baseball game.

In 2005, the game was purchased by Sports Interactive, makers of Football Manager and NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Heinsohn remains the primary creative force behind the game. The developers claims OOTP as the most realistic baseball simulation in market. Out of the Park Baseball 2006 is the seventh version of the game, and was released on May 31, 2006.

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is the eighth version of the game and will be released in March 23, 2007.

Gameplay

The new release Out of the Park Baseball 2007 features the traditional American League and National Leagues including all thirty Major League Baseball teams. In addition to the Major league teams, you can take full control of each team’s farm system as well as the players in the minor leagues. A new feature in OOTP2006 brought the addition of International leagues that you can either play in instead of the MLB, or simply use them to scout for new talent for your team.

New Features

·Improved interface and usability

OOTP Baseball 2007 features some great user interface improvements that make the game easier and more enjoyable, including: a league creation wizard, a simplified navigation model with intuitive icons, a detailed in-game help system, improved in-game screens, and manager and online league commissioner “portals” that centralize the most commonly-used tasks.

·The ultimate control over your baseball universe

OOTP Baseball 2007’s flexibility in configuring a baseball universe is unparalleled. Players have complete control over the structure, rules, and finances of their world, including the new abilities to add or delete leagues at any time, to have leagues “feed” players into other leagues and many other new league options. No simulation game has ever been this flexible.

·Huge advances in the historical league experience

Historical leagues now feature an automatic expansion mode, including protection lists and expansion drafts. OOTP Baseball 2007 can also now import the history of a league prior to the selected year, giving players complete historical data and record books! Other new historical features include automatic adjustment of league financials, league strategies and rules (i.e. playoff format, schedule length). Sports Interactive re-introduce the concept of ghost players and the new option to block fictional players from reaching the major leagues. Combined with vastly improved statistical accuracy in historical leagues, the end result is the best possible way to replay the history of baseball starting in 1901, but yet with OOTP Baseball 2007 characteristic flexibility. A historical fan’s dream.

·Fictional

Fictional leagues come to life like never before, thanks to the help of a wider variety of league news & stories, a player morale and popularity system and the ability to create fictional player portraits using the FaceGen technology.

The online league mode of OOTP Baseball 2007 has never been more user-friendly and functional than in this year’s edition. The new commissioner portal will greatly reduce the administrative burden of running a league. Online GMs benefit from new features as well, such as an automatic waiver pullback option and an adjustable draft pool date that will give online leagues much more flexibility in processing amateur drafts. Commissioners can also now add and edit league news items and write game recaps, which will display both in-game and on league HTML reports. Commissioners can also send messages to all users and manually select all-star team members and award winners, including a new custom award of player’s choice! These features are available in solo play as well!

·League expansion wizard

The new league expansion wizard helps you expand your league much more smoothly by scheduling an expansion draft and handling the submission of protection lists.

·Trading

The trading model in OOTP Baseball 2007 has been vastly improved. GMs can now mark players as “untouchable” or “on the block,” with a corresponding effect on that player’s morale! The “shop player” feature allows you to quickly identify desirable trading partners and new trade-related reports put all of the information you need right at your fingertips. A “make this work now” button asks player’s trading partners to tell them exactly what is needed to make a deal under negotiation to happen immediately!

·In-game experience

The experience for those players who enjoy playing out each game has improved greatly in OOTP Baseball 2007, including: strategic one-pitch mode, more natural play-by-play text, a “short PbP” option that displays just the outcome of the play and many other improvements to the in-game screens. Additionally, players can now write their own recap of the game that will appear in a game news article and will be saved along with the history of their game!

·Improved AI and player development

The AI does a better job of managing its team than ever before and extensive statistical analysis and testing results in the most realistic player development system in any baseball simulation game.

·Returning “fan favorite” features

Based on popular demand, a number of “fan favorite” features from previous versions of OOTP will return in OOTP Baseball 2007, including: an optional star-based rating system, adjustable AI player evaluation based on statistics/ratings, weather, ghost players, bullpen warm-up, and team focus.

Other versions

In 2002, Markus released a retail store version of OOTP called Season Ticket Baseball. The primary difference between Season Ticket Baseball and OOTP was for a slightly cheaper price you would be able to buy the game on a disk as opposed to downloading it. There were other minor feature differences between the two versions that explained the lower cost.

A second version of Season Ticket Baseball, titled Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was released the following year as well.

The following season, Markus released a new game titled Inside the Park Baseball. ItPB allowed you to take an individual baseball player and help train and “raise” him to be the best baseball player possible. You followed your player’s career from the time before your draft, through the minor leagues till one day you might get called up to the Major Leagues. Inside the Park Baseball was designed to work together with OOTP5 where you were able to insert your player into an OOTP5 season and see how well you performed.

External links

Old 02-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #1423
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ignore the smileys in that side box.. I couldn't edit them out to post here in the forums. My offline copy has that box looking alot better with a picture of OOTP2007 from their website.

Its just hard to show that here on the forum because I'm dealing with forum parsing as well as http parsing.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #1424
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Anyways, it would be very helpful if someone can verify that Sega is indeed the publisher for this game. I assume it is since they are for other Sigames, but I don't know for sure.

I am guessing this is the last work I can do on this for the weekend. If people don't like it then it will be up to them to fix it

Comments or such?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #1425
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyways, it would be very helpful if someone can verify that Sega is indeed the publisher for this game. I assume it is since they are for other Sigames, but I don't know for sure.

I am guessing this is the last work I can do on this for the weekend. If people don't like it then it will be up to them to fix it

Comments or such?

I belive it's just SI Games and not Sega. The sega deal was just for EHM
Old 02-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #1426
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - I've only glanced at it, but from what I glanced at it looks good

I'll go over it more later, work is bustying my butt today and keeping me busy
Old 02-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #1427
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My concern with Pass is the following.

Alan initially suggested we check each tribe and then have two people check for Idols.

SnDvls suggeted we check the total wolves as a checks and balance for the individual tribal checks

Pass disagrees with this in 2 posts trying to convince us this is useless and redundant

Alan backs SnDvls and Pass then says okay. Basically he lost the argument and stopped pushing there.

The Pass says that he will take whatever anyone else does not want. He says that he will be online earlier in the morning.

SnDvls says he will take the total number of wolves as the check figure.

Pass jumps in and now says he will take Helsing. What happened to waiting for what everyone else does not want?

I think Pass originally wanted to discourage a check figure and would have reported no wolves in helsing if it worked that way.

Pass has tried to fuel a factless issue with Path in the common thread that my suggestion to change to Lower Fang was somehow a wolf move to manipulate things. Not sure how this works as we won and the tribal council outcome worked in our favor as villagers.

Looking back, I can see why it looks like I was pushing for no checks. If you read back, though, you'll see that my post came within a minute of me looking at what was going on. It took me one more minute to jump on board with everyone else. It's not like I was discussing this with other wolves or anything. As for claiming Helsing, I had two reasons. First, I got nervous, and thought I might get to work late in the morning, and wanted to have my question set. Second, I wanted to make sure a wolf didn't take it.

Gram, I've sorry if it seems like I've been avoiding you in the tribal thread, but I hope you can understand why it seems suspicious. I tried to hint at my suspicions in the tribal thread, and I probably should have come out with it right away. As for why I've been talking about it more in the common thread, there are again two reasons. First, people there seem more interested in talking about it. Second, it looks like Howard has some info that is useful to us. The impression I'm getting from them is that path threw out a proposed set of bids, and ten minutes later, you suggested a change for our bids. While the change still let us win, it put Oz -- the team that had the seer -- in tribal council. At that point, RA, likely their wolf, still seemed safe. I don't think the wolves were trying to change the winner of the challenge -- rather the loser.

Also, I'll admit my bias. I've been suspecting you since the poetry challenge, Gram. To me, it seemed like we were set on a playoff theme, when you threw out the Mannings as a theme. Then when we agreed on playoffs again, you threw out some poems about playoffs in other years, when I think it was pretty obvious we were talking about the playoffs for this year. Keep in mind, this criticism is coming from someone who didn't really write any of the poetry -- just checked grammar -- so it's not like I'm some poetry wiz, or am trying to criticize your poems. It's just a thought that I had then.

I also don't want it to affect our team chemistry. Regardless of who we all suspect, we're still the most ass-kickingest team, and let's keep it that way!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #1428
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Out of the Park Baseball (sometimes abbreviated to OOTP) is a text-based baseball simulator for career, MLB-historical and fictional play. OOTP was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn had the vision to combine a highly realistic replay baseball simulation with career play. His goal was to create a game that satisfied both hardcore baseball fans and casual gamers, who like the idea of running a virtual baseball franchise as well as re-creating realistic statistical contests.

The first version was released in May 1999, with the help of Sean Lahman, who sold the game through his website www.baseball1.com. The initial version of the game was very promising and received outstanding ratings from several online gaming sites. The breakthrough release came in 2001, when the constantly evolving and always improving OOTP 3 received outstanding reviews and became the game to beat in the baseball simulation world.

In 2002, Markus joined with several other independent text simulation writers to form the new company .400 software studios. .400 software studios was responsible for the release of OOTP5. Markus and a few other programmers split away from .400 software studios in mid 2003 to continue work on the OOTP series as well as the upcoming Inside the Park Baseball game.

In 2005, the game was purchased by Sports Interactive, makers of Football Manager and NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Heinsohn remains the primary creative force behind the game. The developers claim OOTP is the most realistic baseball simulation in market. Out of the Park Baseball 2006 is the seventh version of the game and was released on May 31, 2006.

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is the eighth version of the game and will be released in March 23, 2007.

Gameplay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new release, Out of the Park Baseball 2007, features the traditional American League and National League including all thirty Major League Baseball teams. In addition to the Major League teams, you can take full control of each team’s farm system as well as the players in the minor leagues. A new feature in OOTP 2006 brought the addition of international leagues that you can play in instead of the MLB, or simply use to scout for new talent for your team.

New Features

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
·Improved interface and usability

OOTP Baseball 2007 features some great user interface improvements that make the game easier and more enjoyable, including: a league creation wizard, a simplified navigation model with intuitive icons, a detailed in-game help system, improved in-game screens, and manager and online league commissioner “portals” that centralize the most commonly-used tasks.

·The ultimate control over your baseball universe

OOTP Baseball 2007’s flexibility in configuring a baseball universe is unparalleled. Players have complete control over the structure, rules, and finances of their world, including the new abilities to add or delete leagues at any time, to have leagues “feed” players into other leagues and many other new league options. No simulation game has ever been this flexible.

·Huge advances in the historical league experience

Historical leagues now feature an automatic expansion mode, including protection lists and expansion drafts. OOTP Baseball 2007 can also now import the history of a league prior to the selected year, giving players complete historical data and record books! Other new historical features include automatic adjustment of league financials, league strategies and rules (i.e. playoff format, schedule length). Sports Interactive re-introduces the concept of ghost players and the new option to block fictional players from reaching the major leagues. Combined with vastly improved statistical accuracy in historical leagues, the end result is the best possible way to replay the history of baseball starting in 1901, but with OOTP Baseball 2007 characteristic flexibility. A historical fan’s dream.

·Fictional

Fictional leagues come to life like never before, thanks to the help of a wider variety of league news & stories, a player morale and popularity system and the ability to create fictional player portraits using the FaceGen technology.

The online league mode of OOTP Baseball 2007 has never been more user-friendly and functional than in this year’s edition. The new commissioner portal will greatly reduce the administrative burden of running a league. Online GMs benefit from new features as well, such as an automatic waiver pullback option and an adjustable draft pool date that will give online leagues much more flexibility in processing amateur drafts. Commissioners can also now add and edit league news items and write game recaps, which will display both in-game and on league HTML reports. Commissioners can also send messages to all users and manually select all-star team members and award winners, including a new custom award of player’s choice! These features are available in solo play as well!

·League expansion wizard

The new league expansion wizard helps you expand your league much more smoothly by scheduling an expansion draft and handling the submission of protection lists.

·Trading

The trading model in OOTP Baseball 2007 has been vastly improved. GMs can now mark players as “untouchable” or “on the block,” with a corresponding effect on that player’s morale! The “shop player” feature allows you to quickly identify desirable trading partners and new trade-related reports put all of the information you need right at your fingertips. A “make this work now” button asks player’s trading partners to tell them exactly what is needed to make a deal under negotiation happen immediately!

·In-game experience

The experience for those players who enjoy playing out each game has improved greatly in OOTP Baseball 2007, including: strategic one-pitch mode, more natural play-by-play text, a “short PbP” option that displays just the outcome of the play and many other improvements to the in-game screens. Additionally, players can now write their own recap of the game that will appear in a game news article and will be saved along with the history of their game!

·Improved AI and player development

The AI does a better job of managing its team than ever before, and extensive statistical analysis and testing results in the most realistic player development system in any baseball simulation game.

·Returning “fan favorite” features

Based on popular demand, a number of “fan favorite” features from previous versions of OOTP will return in OOTP Baseball 2007, including: an optional star-based rating system, adjustable AI player evaluation based on statistics/ratings, weather, ghost players, bullpen warm-up, and team focus.

Other versions

In 2002, Markus released a retail store version of OOTP called Season Ticket Baseball. The primary difference between Season Ticket Baseball and OOTP was for a slightly cheaper price you would be able to buy the game on a disk as opposed to downloading it. There were other minor feature differences between the two versions that explained the lower cost.

A second version of Season Ticket Baseball, titled Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was released the following year as well.

The following season, Markus released a new game titled Inside the Park Baseball. ItPB allowed you to take an individual baseball player and help train and “raise” him to be the best baseball player possible. You followed your player’s career from the time before your draft, through the minor leagues till one day you might get called up to the Major Leagues. Inside the Park Baseball was designed to work together with OOTP5 where you were able to insert your player into an OOTP5 season and see how well you performed.

External links

Out of the Park Baseball official site
SIGames.com - Official Sports Interactive website
Old 02-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #1429
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Any particular reason you're dumping the Inside the Park paragraph from the current edition of the article?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #1430
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Gramm, I'm not trying to avoid you.

I don't think it's a given that wolves were involved with our swap in bids, but the full circumstances merit discussion. Trying to minimalize that is IMO even more suspicious than the original event, which had a reasonable strategic foundation.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #1431
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Right now no other tribes other than Oz signed up for a wikipedia entry.

I have a question for Barkeep: Does a tribe have to sign up for an entry in order to complete this challenge? ie: your list only has Oz and Helsing as signed up.

If Barkeep's answer to this is yes, then I have a proposal:

I put up a small change to the OOTP entry for the competition. So we wouldn't out perform Oz and help give them wolf immunity. Our entry will still be good enough to beat the other teams and not go to tribal council ourselves.

After the contest is over, I'll update the rest of the entry with what I have, just since it would be a waste not to do it, and in the spirit of the contest to give to the community, we will still be performing that.

Sound ok?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #1432
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oz, Helsing, and Lupus have all signed up for a page. Howard has not though they are discussing the challenge. I would accept a tribe not competing in the challenge, however if there's a tie for last they'd both go to tribal.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #1433
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, in all honesty it would be best if Lupus went to tribal council. That would garner the best chance of nailing a wolf.

But, since three teams are in the game and one is working on it, I think we have to do more than a small change.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #1434
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I am all for it. Looking forward to the suggested changes
Old 02-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #1435
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Out of the Park Baseball (sometimes abbreviated as OOTP) is a text-based baseball simulator for career, MLB-historical and fictional play. OOTP was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn had the vision to combine a highly realistic replay baseball simulation with career play. His goal was to create a game that satisfied both hardcore baseball fans and casual gamers, who like the idea of running a virtual baseball franchise as well as re-creating realistic statistical contests.

The first version was released in May 1999, with the help of Sean Lahman who sold the game through his website www.baseball1.com. The initial version of the game was very promising and received outstanding ratings from several online gaming sites. The breakthrough release came in 2001, when the constantly evolving and always improving OOTP 3 received outstanding reviews and became the game to beat in the baseball simulation world.

In 2002, Markus joined with several other indepenant text simulation writers to form the new company .400 software studios. .400 software studios was responsible for the release of OOTP5. Markus and a few other programmers split away from .400 software studios in mid 2003 to continue work on the OOTP series as well as the upcoming Inside the Park Baseball game.

In 2005, the game was purchased by Sports Interactive, makers of Football Manager and NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Heinsohn remains the primary creative force behind the game. The developers claims OOTP as the most realistic baseball simulation in market. Out of the Park Baseball 2006 is the seventh version of the game, and was released on May 31, 2006.

Gameplay

As a text sim, the game offers minimal graphics depicting a baseball diamond with text indicating positions and action on the field. There is a scrolling text caption that allows the reader to follow action as it unfolds in the game. OOTP also offers basic sound support indicating crowd noise, umpire calls, the crack of the bat and other action oriented sounds. The game sports robust HTML reporting with enough statistics to keep the most rabid baseball fan engaged.

Many third party developers have contributed to the series by offering utility programs designed to assist the gamer in creating leagues, player files, logos, player face images and many other game enhancing items. True to most text sim ventures, the game sports a robust community of gamers that assist each other in making the overall OOTP experience better than it would be alone.

The new release Out of the Park Baseball 2007 features the traditional American League and National Leagues including all thirty Major League Baseball teams. In addition to the Major league teams, you can take full control of each team’s farm system as well as the players in the minor leagues. A new feature in OOTP2006 brought the addition of International leagues that you can either play in instead of the MLB, or simply use them to scout for new talent for your team.

New Features

Improved interface and usability

The ultimate control over your baseball universe

Huge advances in the historical league experience

Historical leagues now feature an automatic expansion mode, including protection lists and expansion drafts. OOTP Baseball 2007 can also now import the history of a league prior to the selected year, giving players complete historical data and record books! Other new historical features include automatic adjustment of league financials, league strategies and rules (i.e. playoff format, schedule length). Sports Interactive re-introduce the concept of ghost players and the new option to block fictional players from reaching the major leagues. Combined with vastly improved statistical accuracy in historical leagues, the end result is the best possible way to replay the history of baseball starting in 1901, but yet with OOTP Baseball 2007 characteristic flexibility. A historical fan’s dream.

Fictional

League expansion wizard

Trading

The trading model in OOTP Baseball 2007 has been vastly improved. GMs can now mark players as “untouchable” or “on the block,” with a corresponding effect on that player’s morale! The “shop player” feature allows you to quickly identify desirable trading partners and new trade-related reports put all of the information you need right at your fingertips. A “make this work now” button asks player’s trading partners to tell them exactly what is needed to make a deal under negotiation to happen immediately!

In-game experience

Improved AI and player development

The AI does a better job of managing its team than ever before and extensive statistical analysis and testing results in the most realistic player development system in any baseball simulation game.

Returning “fan favorite” features

Other versions

This Wiki entry was provided by FOFC community members. FOFC stands for Front Office Football Community and is an online gaming community that started out of interest in the text sim franchise Front Office Football. FOFC has evolved into a diverse and active online community of people with a common interest in text sim games, plus a whole lot more.
External links

• Out of the Park Baseball official site
• SIGames.com - Official Sports Interactive website

We should add a link to FOFC here too.

Alright, I made some additions to your last posted article Alan. My additions and/or changes (only change was in the first line or two) have been highlighted in red for easy review.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #1436
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Geez, I think I may be overconfusing myself here. So this change we made sent Howard to the tribal council instead of Oz -- can anyone in the Howard tribe think of why the wolves would have wanted to send you to the tribal council?

I just posted this in the common thread. I think on yesterday I thought it was the other way around. Thinking about it more, Gram, I'm less suspicious of you -- but you gotta admit, it's a strange coincidence that JE pointed out the exact change you suggested as something that screwed with his tribe.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #1437
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Honestly Pass, I have not been able to completely keep up on the common thread. I've read most of it, but not sure what JE said about that.

I just suggested the change because I was afraid someone might try a strategy that would outbid us on the big province. I just wanted to take less of a risk. We won either way and I'm glad Oz stayed out of tribal council.

I really want to know what is going on with the whole RA thing in the Oz thread. I get the impression we are not getting everything. Did you say the seer outed him? How did the seer do that without revealing themselves?
Old 02-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #1438
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think the seer did reveal himself -- that's why they're a bit secretive. At this point, I'm with you, I think -- not so concerned about our change anymore, but why they can't seem to tell us basic facts that don't hurt anything. I'll find JE's post for you.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #1439
Passacaglia
Coordinator

JE's post I'm referring to is #1378 in the common thread.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #1440
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the seer did reveal himself -- that's why they're a bit secretive. At this point, I'm with you, I think -- not so concerned about our change anymore, but why they can't seem to tell us basic facts that don't hurt anything. I'll find JE's post for you.

Yes, they said the seer did out himself and said Raiders was a wolf. THey won't tell who was up for vote before the seer outed himself because they are protecting the seer.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #1441
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was under the impression the seer outed himself and only OZ knows who that is. That is why Lupus passed the immunity idol to them
Old 02-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #1442
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola, am I the only one who thinks it is a good idea for every tribe but OZ to throw the challange?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #1443
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola, am I the only one who thinks it is a good idea for every tribe but OZ to throw the challange?

I've brought that up a few times.. but thought my microphone was off
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #1444
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

in fact just 11 posts before yours I suggested it again
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #1445
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
in fact just 11 posts before yours I suggested it again

I guess the answer is no then
Old 02-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #1446
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think it's a good idea -- it might be hard to get the other tribes to buy in, but we can try.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #1447
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
JE's post I'm referring to is #1378 in the common thread.

I think the wolves would really want to send Oz to tribal council every time they can in order to try and get the seer. I would think a secondary tactic would be for them to keep Lupus out of council as that raises the chance a wolf gets voted out.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #1448
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is it possible to tell who updates Wiki? I would think a wolf could just go out and update Wiki without telling anyone. You know, agree to throw it by not putting in an entry, then just make the update and be quite.

Or do we have to post entries in thread too?

Also, if the other three tribes put in no entry, they ALL go to tribal council and three people will get voted off.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #1449
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

We could suggest the other teams limit themselves to ONE paragraph in their Wiki submission. That would give us a challenge within a challenge to compete for second, third and last place.

Surely one paragraph could not beat anything Oz could submit on a larger scale.

If what you guys are saying is correct and the seer outed themselves in Oz's thread, it is more important their thread not get viewed by any tribe other than their own. If they lose, not only would they have to vote off someone, but the wolf in the winning team will get to read the thread and then know who the seer is.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #1450
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm about to head out and go hiking. Will probably be out for most of the day and past deadline.

I'm good with what ever you guys decide to do as a team.