Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #1401
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fine work on the dola, path. Except you forgot to put in the dola and no editing allowed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #1402
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - this is easy.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #1403
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Fine work on the dola, path. Except you forgot to put in the dola and no editing allowed.

Shit, I hadn't even noticed!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #1404
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

catching up, just got home from work.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #1405
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
catching up, just got home from work.

here I'll help you out

vote hoops and you're probally next tomorrow
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #1406
Swaggs
Coordinator

Poor Chubby.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #1407
path12
Coordinator

Hoops, at the risk of pissing people off, what happened in the attack yesterday?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #1408
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
here I'll help you out

vote hoops and you're probally next tomorrow

Sorry Chubby, he's right.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #1409
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, can you be a little more clear in terms of what you are asking? I'll try to give you a direct answer.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #1410
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Path, can you be a little more clear in terms of what you are asking? I'll try to give you a direct answer.
Can we just ignore him and not ask questions.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #1411
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

sure what happened to me?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #1412
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
Can we just ignore him and not ask questions.

-Talgian

Why? Even if it's 90% bullshit, wouldn't you want to hear a spawns theory of what happened to our ship yesterday? I would.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #1413
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Why? Even if it's 90% bullshit, wouldn't you want to hear a spawns theory of what happened to our ship yesterday? I would.
Because it will be full of lies, and lead only to more suspicision and tension amongst the survivors. It's just a ploy. And like you say, it'll be at least 90% BS, so it's worthless. And then if one of us has an idea about someone or some event, but hoops said it happened, that idea will be dismissed, even if it's valid, based on the fact that this lying spawn said it.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #1414
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agree, leave hoops to die his death

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #1415
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hell, I hit post 4000 earlier today and didn't notice

Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #1416
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My sage words in my 4000th post? "Kwit Does." Whoot

Old 07-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #1417
Fouts
College Starter

The first time I've seen somebody confess, but I suppose its a great chance to pass some misinformation. Good to know I was right about you though.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #1418
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Well obviously I...

Vote hoopsguy

that fucker for planting that bastard in me. However...

the reason I looked grim coming out of the sickbay was because all that poking and prodding frickin hurt evidentally. However, I WAS CURED. bullet is full of crap saying he couldn't save me.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #1419
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
the reason I looked grim coming out of the sickbay was because all that poking and prodding frickin hurt evidentally. However, I WAS CURED. bullet is full of crap saying he couldn't save me.
Okay, here's the thing. If bullet was lying about you not being cured, then one would think he's a spawn. If he was a spawn, he would have said you were clean.
1. This immediately casts a ton of suspicision on both dubb and me, and the captain for so strongly supporting everything dubb said.
2. It allows another spawn to come into the world.

So, it makes no sense that bullet would lie. Ergo, you are trying to save yourself. Admirable, I'm sure any of us would do the same thing, but sorry, you're kind of infected.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #1420
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
1. This immediately casts a ton of suspicision on both dubb and me, and the captain for so strongly supporting everything dubb said.

But....but.....hoops said there were multiple command infections!!!!

I kid.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:19 PM   #1421
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, I would have expected your PMs to make this sort of clear for you. The Overlord didn't want you directing missions yesterday. He didn't have a power that allowed him to kill you outright, but he did have an ability to strip you of your powers for the day and he exercised it. Which is why there was an issue when you used your duplicant ability.

I wish Dubb would have spied on you last night instead of me, because you definitely looked suspect for a long time. But with the doctor clearing you and you cheating the system already, you were in a good spot by the end of the day. And I definitely regret not trying to lead an effort against you when I think it could have been tilted yesterday. Dumb, dumb, dumb on my part.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #1422
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Okay, here's the thing. If bullet was lying about you not being cured, then one would think he's a spawn. If he was a spawn, he would have said you were clean.
2. It allows another spawn to come into the world.

So, it makes no sense that bullet would lie. Ergo, you are trying to save yourself. Admirable, I'm sure any of us would do the same thing, but sorry, you're kind of infected.

-Talgian

No, you're just trying to save yourself I'm pretty sure.

If (bullet) posting I'm cured casts supicision on KWhit, then who do you think people are going to side with? bullet or KWhit? I'm pretty damn sure they AREN'T going to be against the Captain in that situation. That puts bullet on the chopping block tomorrow, why would he do something that would basically ensure himself being voted off?

He wouldn't.

As a spawn he wins either way. If I couldn't have been saved I either become a spawn or get lynched, either way a survivor is eliminated.

If I am saved, say I wasn't to protect myself (I don't know what role he is or how important it is) and gurentee being on protected lists despite being a spawn and watch me get lynched, again eliminating a survivor.

I do know that I was cured and bullet is lying. If he's lying, then he's a spawn. He's my vote for tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #1423
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, that was one seriously direct answer, wasn't it?

The guys who have played with me as a bad guy know that I tell the truth as often as I possibly can in these games. Obviously the potential presence of an empath changes some of that, but I'm not going to tell 100% lies. Ask me a question and you might (probably not) actually get an honest answer. Seriously!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #1424
Schmidty
Coordinator

Yesterday - I tested this statement from SnDvls: "bullet is clean". The PM said basically the same thing the one I got today from dubb's sentence: He believes 100% that he is telling the truth.

With that said, unless SnDvls was already infected, or was infected after, Chubby is lying his ass off.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #1425
path12
Coordinator

Well, I'm not asking anything more. But I do find some peoples reactions to this whole thing to be very interesting. I've played with most all of you and I think everyone in this game is intelligent enough to know to take any answer hoops might give with a grain of salt.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #1426
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Sorry Chubby, but once Hoops admited he was a spawn your chances of survival droped. and there IS something in you that i couldnt remove. i wish i could have grabed that slimy spawn out of your butt, it would mean 1 more survivore and 1 fewer spawn that we have to kill.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #1427
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Yesterday - I tested this statement from SnDvls: "bullet is clean". The PM said basically the same thing the one I got today from dubb's sentence: He believes 100% that he is telling the truth.

With that said, unless SnDvls was already infected, or was infected after, Chubby is lying his ass off.

How am I lying?

SnDvls believes bullet is "clean". Nothing about whether SnDvls thinks bullet is a spawn or not.

All I know is what I got in my PM. i'd quote it if I could but I can't. I was cured. Hell, I'd look grim too if I found out I was cured but realized the doctor was going to say I wasn't...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #1428
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
Sorry Chubby, but once Hoops admited he was a spawn your chances of survival droped. and there IS something in you that i couldnt remove. i wish i could have grabed that slimy spawn out of your butt, it would mean 1 more survivore and 1 fewer spawn that we have to kill.

How?

It was pretty establieshed (even before I got home from work) that hoops was a spawn and he was the one that infected me.

The multitude of votes for him before his "reveal" attests to that. The chances of my survival dropped because you're lying about my health.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #1429
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I'm very surprised by it. The easiest thing for me to do at this point is to just shut down and walk away from the computer. But I've had fun with this game and would like to squeeze a few more hours of life out of it. I'm just amazed that so few people would want to take me up on this.

Here is another statement for someone to test if they are so inclined:

"Not every answer I give in Day 3, after revealing I was spawn and would take questions, has been a lie".

Take that one and run with it. If it comes back that I'm lying with that quote, then you KNOW you can disregard everything I've said. Seems like a real win for you guys. And if not, then use a little common sense evaluating what I have said in my answers.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #1430
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I do know that I was cured and bullet is lying. If he's lying, then he's a spawn. He's my vote for tomorrow.
Well, you're in my absolute trust group, so hopefully I'd know if you changed even more and became a full out spawn. If I don't get a PM saying I can trust you again then presumably you aren't cured.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #1431
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chubby, Mr. Soon-to-be-spawn, would you like to ask some questions?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #1432
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Well, you're in my absolute trust group, so hopefully I'd know if you changed even more and became a full out spawn. If I don't get a PM saying I can trust you again then presumably you aren't cured.

-Talgian
Actually, looking at the wording, I wouldn't know if you became full out spawn. Maybe not if you rejoined. The text only reads when you leave the group, nothing about falling further or coming back to it.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 PM   #1433
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby, Mr. Soon-to-be-spawn, would you like to ask some questions?

Well unless someone is coming after me again tonight, I'm not going to be a spawn.

Why come after me with the Security HQ already damaged? It's not like I have any abilities that need to be taken out of play with the damage.

I will be placing myself, alone, in the brig tonight to show everyone that I WAS cured.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #1434
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I will be placing myself, alone, in the brig tonight to show everyone that I WAS cured.

How does that prove anything?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #1435
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If I'm going to be a spawn and am going to die anyways, that wouldn't I rather try to cause mayhem anyways?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #1436
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
It's irrelevant. Chubby's 1 AP was used up on an away mission. He can't go into the brig tonight.

Now what can be done tonight is the killing of the slaves, so they aren't a liability hanging around.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #1437
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chubby, we chose you because you were exhausted, could spy, and controlled the brig. We wanted freedom of movement, so we were looking to reduce the number of people who could spy on us. Also, you had the potential to stock the brig for us, which can be played a ton of different ways. Bring people to us, keep people in there we want to block from acting against us, etc.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #1438
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Hoops how many spawns are there? and do you know who the Overlord is?

*takes answers with a grain of salt* but still interested in hoops answers
Old 07-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #1439
Swaggs
Coordinator

Do I still have an AP or was it used during the Away Team run?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #1440
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
It's irrelevant. Chubby's 1 AP was used up on an away mission. He can't go into the brig tonight.

Now what can be done tonight is the killing of the slaves, so they aren't a liability hanging around.

-Talgian

I think we should keep the slaves alive for another night and through tomorrow. We might need them to run a water and/or crystalium mission tomorrow and, as long as the slave quarters are in good condition, they are no threat.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #1441
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, I've already answered the first question - three current spawns, with an additional two hanging out in the slave pens. That is what my answer was last time, right? Although that answer is kind of in flux with Chubby, I suppose. Or ... well, I don't want to say too much.

Overlord is WSUCougar. And you can't vote for him, I tried to on the first day and was told by Barkeep that it was illegal. So good luck with that ship - hope it works out for you.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #1442
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think we should keep the slaves alive for another night and through tomorrow. We might need them to run a water and/or crystalium mission tomorrow and, as long as the slave quarters are in good condition, they are no threat.

agreed
Old 07-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #1443
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good thinking, Swaggs. Definitely want the slaves around, they are such busy little miners for you. And please disregard any mention I have made about spawn among them.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #1444
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Good thinking, Swaggs. Definitely want the slaves around, they are such busy little miners for you. And please disregard any mention I have made about spawn among them.

You got it, buddy.

Maybe, if they are well behaved, we will feed them what is left of you after tonight.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #1445
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1446
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, that statement is a lie. I'll save the empath the need to scan it. I'm ashamed of myself for ripping off Star Wars.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #1447
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well at least in what could be a very boring runaway vote day, Hoops is making it more interesting entertainment value wise
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #1448
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, it is only because I'm trying to stop Team Survivor from planning important events. It isn't because I'm actually trying to have fun with the game that is ending too soon
Old 07-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #1449
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Right, nothing screams good idea like a security threat. The if the slaves quarters stay safe is a huge if. Swaggs, you're wounded. Anyone else who can guard it is in exhausted. Not exactly prime guards, and they have to split between the 3 more important locations and spying. The slaves should die.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #1450
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Right, nothing screams good idea like a security threat. The if the slaves quarters stay safe is a huge if. Swaggs, you're wounded. Anyone else who can guard it is in exhausted. Not exactly prime guards, and they have to split between the 3 more important locations and spying. The slaves should die.

-Talgian
Also, I just realized Dubbs went on an away mission, so we don't have phasers tonight either. All the more reason to limit what the guards have to guard.

-Talgian