Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2024, 08:45 PM   #1401
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
Better to work out excises for why he lost. Russians again? Jill Stein? Way more time to get creative.

I think the odds are pretty good he loses, and it wouldn't be for me to 'work out excuses'. But it's far from certain, and stuff like the 400 electoral votes are what I think is nuts.

I think Biden could (I'm not at all hoping for this to be clear) literally die and not be replaced on the ticket and Trump still wouldn't get that many.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 08:49 PM   #1402
PilotMan
Head Coach

Sigh. Biden had the right response, but I hate that he had to give it and couldn't take the low road response, reply like trump would have done and blame everyone else for it happening, like Biden.

I just hate that this overshadows Dr Ruth and Richard Simmons passing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 08:56 PM   #1403
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I would say 400 would be near impossible, but 307-322 is definitely in play.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 09:22 PM   #1404
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

He's seems to have 311 safely. New Jersey, New Hampshire, and New Mexico may be in play. So probably a ceiling of 334 which is still incredible with such an unpopular canddiate.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 06:03 AM   #1405
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Took a long walk this morning, it's beautiful out and not too hot yet.

I thought about yesterday, Dr. Ruth going, then Richard Simmons and then we get the Trump thing...

I don't think it changes things. Trump already has a slight lead but his negatives are still there. His followers are still his followers. His opponents are still his opponents.

For moderates or undecided, I think longview is we're tired of this shit, it's been an escalation, his past four years were a stress induced nightmare of fuckery.

I get Biden is old and boring; guess what, that's good, it's good for America to have a steadying force that just gets shit done.

Trump in office will not get anything done save for Trump; his minions will do what they can to carve off pieces for themselves.

It will not get better.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 06:42 AM   #1406
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So, a registered Republican. Doesn't necessarily mean anything and the narrative is already written.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 07:17 AM   #1407
PilotMan
Head Coach

I would say the lone wolf, extremist terror threats have been on the rise, and have been the primary threat in this country for quite some time. This isn't necessarily that, but it's not necessarily that either. The temp continues to rise in the country. This won't be a 'bring the people together moment', nor will it be the point where cooling is even attempted. I still don't think we're at 1968 levels of fear, but we're quickly closing.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-14-2024 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 08:05 AM   #1408
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I would say the lone wolf, extremist terror threats have been on the rise, and have been the primary threat in this country for quite some time. This isn't necessarily that, but it's not necessarily that either. The temp continues to rise in the country. This won't be a 'bring the people together moment', nor will it be the point where cooling is even attempted. I still don't think we're at 1968 levels of fear, but we're quickly closing.

1968. Exactly what has been on my mind all night.
Old 07-14-2024, 08:06 AM   #1409
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

For moderates or undecided, I think longview is we're tired of this shit, it's been an escalation, his past four years were a stress induced nightmare of fuckery.

I get Biden is old and boring; guess what, that's good, it's good for America to have a steadying force that just gets shit done.

I have serious doubts that Biden is anything but a puppet at this point and I believe he will not get anything done for the next four years. Things will be done, but not by his doing. He’s essentially in a reverse-regency status at this point.

As for being boring, 5 days prior to this assassination attempt, Kenneth Vogel of The NY Times reported that Biden told donors via phone call that, “I’m done with talking about the debate. It’s time to put a bullseye on Trump.” That’s not boring language, he probably misspoke or read something his staff handed him to read, but it certainly isn’t boring the day after Trump was put in a bullseye.

Thankfully the shooter missed (the candidate at least) and I’m hopeful the fiery rhetoric on the far left tones down.
Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 08:14 AM   #1410
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

As for being boring, 5 days prior to this assassination attempt, Kenneth Vogel of The NY Times reported that Biden told donors via phone call that, “I’m done with talking about the debate. It’s time to put a bullseye on Trump.” That’s not boring language, he probably misspoke or read something his staff handed him to read, but it certainly isn’t boring the day after Trump was put in a bullseye.

Thankfully the shooter missed (the candidate at least) and I’m hopeful the fiery rhetoric on the far left tones down.

Wait... you're comparing escalating rhetoric on social media and TV by mostly rght-wing politicians with a closed-door comment Biden made to megarich people as being similar, inferring it has some causal connection to this shooting? Like, Biden's comment that no one heard about and is a commonly-used phrase is the same as Paul Gosar's comic book stabbing of AOC or the President of Heritage Foundation warning "we'd have a bloodless revolution if the left allows it" on TV (among dozens of examples)? Are you serious?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 08:28 AM   #1411
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Wait... you're comparing escalating rhetoric on social media and TV by mostly rght-wing politicians with a closed-door comment Biden made to megarich people as being similar, inferring it has some causal connection to this shooting? Like, Biden's comment that no one heard about and is a commonly-used phrase is the same as Paul Gosar's comic book stabbing of AOC or the President of Heritage Foundation warning "we'd have a bloodless revolution if the left allows it" on TV (among dozens of examples)? Are you serious?

Or Trump reposting a truck that has a picture of Biden tied up in the bed?
Old 07-14-2024, 08:36 AM   #1412
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Or the countless tactless posts about Paul Pelosi.

What happened with trump was terrible, but the current GOP has embraced violence.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 08:37 AM   #1413
GrantDawg

First pic of the shooter pre-shot I have seen.

Blocked
Old 07-14-2024, 08:44 AM   #1414
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

I have serious doubts that Biden is anything but a puppet at this point and I believe he will not get anything done for the next four years. Things will be done, but not by his doing. He’s essentially in a reverse-regency status at this point.

Old 07-14-2024, 09:09 AM   #1415
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
there is a glitch with the Dutch bot
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 09:17 AM   #1416
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I’m hopeful the fiery rhetoric on the far left tones down.

This is such a shit take. Trump preachers political violence and literally has quoted Hitler, claimed he will be a dictator, tried to overthrow democracy, and has a plan in place to create a fascist government.

Everything the "far left" claims is absolute truth. Maybe if Trump wasn't so loathsome this wouldn't have happened.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:14 AM   #1417
Kodos
Resident Alien

Lotsa idiots on Facebook saying it was staged. So the stupidity isn’t confined to the lunatic right.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 10:21 AM   #1418
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

The most literal interpretation of doubling down
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 11:08 AM   #1419
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Lotsa idiots on Facebook saying it was staged. So the stupidity isn’t confined to the lunatic right.

And at least one elected official. Fucking idiots. But you know, when you see what works for the other side, time to go a-slummin' down the same dark alleys...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2024 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:13 AM   #1420
Ksyrup

Oh, and about my comments that SS did a shit job shielding Trump on the stage, Matt Walsh of course said "hold my beer" and is questioning why the FEMALE agent is ducking down to expose Trump's head.

These people have no limits. How someone can read/listen to this shit and then, as a female or LGBTQ or minority still vote for them boggles my mind.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2024 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:19 AM   #1421
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Yeah man, this happens (I think) after I edit a post from my phone.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:28 AM   #1422
PilotMan
Head Coach

Who is Biden a puppet of again? I just want to know where the real power is.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-14-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:31 AM   #1423
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Trump Rally Suspect Had Explosive Devices in His Car: WSJ

I wonder what his full plan was.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 07-14-2024 at 11:32 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 11:42 AM   #1424
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Early info seems to suggest he was a registered republican that was bullied throughout school. This may be less about politics and mostly just a guy that snapped and saw an opportunity.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 11:48 AM   #1425
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Who is Biden a puppet of again? I just want to know where the real power is.

I prefer reverse-regency but I didn’t say he was for sure a puppet, he could be calling all the shots (figuratively, not literally) but at this point, I don’t believe he’s capable of running the country as anything other than a signature block on other people’s work, similar to a regency for a young king or queen.

I don’t believe he has the mental cognizance to make sharp executive veto of those advisors suggestions or how to put his own stamp on all of the decisions that the POTUS must make.

I believe this not because the White House has provided any official statement or document as proof, but because in everyday life we have things like Powers of Attorney to care for elders that need the help.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:53 AM   #1426
Ksyrup

Quote:
he could be calling all the shots (figuratively, not literally)

If only Biden had added this parenthetical to his use of a similar common phrase, none of this would.have happened!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2024 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 12:31 PM   #1427
Ksyrup

Doesn't seem like a politically-motivated act from initial reports. Bullied loner, always wore hunting clothing, donated to a liberal PAC on Biden's inauguration day but later that year registered GOP, and no one they've spoken to who went to HS with him said he was overtly political.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2024 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2024, 12:44 PM   #1428
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's pretty common that these types of shooters have no or contradictory political opinions. Hinckley famously shot Reagan to try and impress Jodi Foster.
Old 07-14-2024, 12:54 PM   #1429
Edward64
Head Coach

Amazing pic of the bullet

Bullets, blood and a raised fist: Dramatic images from Trump rally - BBC News
Quote:
The New York Times photographer Doug Mills caught the moment a bullet appears to fly past.

Trump with a bloody face, raising his fist will play well …

On the other hand, Joe’s cognitive issue out of the news for a while.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-14-2024 at 12:55 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 12:55 PM   #1430
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Doesn't seem like a politically-motivated act from initial reports. Bullied loner, always wore hunting clothing, donated to a liberal PAC on Biden's inauguration day but later that year registered GOP, and no one they've spoken to who went to HS with him said he was overtly political.

i'm certain this is the angle FOX news and right wing media will take.

Last edited by Lathum : 07-14-2024 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2024, 01:11 PM   #1431
Ksyrup

Not when the likely VP has already declared this a liberal assassination attempt.
Old 07-14-2024, 02:05 PM   #1432
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It's pretty common that these types of shooters have no or contradictory political opinions. Hinckley famously shot Reagan to try and impress Jodi Foster.

I really don't see the motive matter at all. It's done. The result is played. The pictures will carry on forever. Who did it or why is ancillary now.

Like Steam?

Old 07-14-2024, 02:31 PM   #1433
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Planning to ram the area and set off explosives if he couldn't get the shooting position maybe?
Old 07-14-2024, 02:44 PM   #1434
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Amazing pic of the bullet

Bullets, blood and a raised fist: Dramatic images from Trump rally - BBC News

Trump with a bloody face, raising his fist will play well …

On the other hand, Joe’s cognitive issue out of the news for a while.

I don't think it's out of the news, I think they'll be seen as being about the same thing - Joe has cognitive issues, while Trump can raise his fist after being shot.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 04:06 PM   #1435
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't think it's out of the news, I think they'll be seen as being about the same thing - Joe has cognitive issues, while Trump can raise his fist after being shot.

Yeah what actually happened doesn't even matter at this point. The party of political fanfic has already written their stories.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:49 PM   #1436
GrantDawg

Another blow to the "good guy with a gun" talking point...

https://x.com/AP/status/181256413701...UHMrfUibQ&s=19

Old 07-14-2024, 05:12 PM   #1437
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The real story in all of this should be how the shooter was able to get into that position in the first place.

Which means it's the thing least likely to be resolved
Old 07-14-2024, 05:33 PM   #1438
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The real story in all of this should be how the shooter was able to get into that position in the first place.

The fact that he got into that position and was then taken out within seconds says there was a massive breakdown.

It's well beyond time for some purging within the Secret Service and some accountability.
Old 07-14-2024, 05:36 PM   #1439
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's well beyond time for some purging within the Secret Service and some accountability.

But I bet you'd have had a helluva time stealing chips & a soft drink anywhere around there
Old 07-14-2024, 05:38 PM   #1440
GrantDawg

I just don't get how between the SS and the local police forces that were pulled into the area, how there wasn't a body on every roof within the sight line. It just doesn't seem like that would have taken that much man-power.

Old 07-14-2024, 05:39 PM   #1441
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

this was kinda funny

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 05:54 PM   #1442
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I just don't get how between the SS and the local police forces that were pulled into the area, how there wasn't a body on every roof within the sight line. It just doesn't seem like that would have taken that much man-power.

Having been through a scenario like this some years back, that's a big push/pull. Local authorities often haaaaaaaaate being dragged into this kind of stuff & are frequently extremely resentful of it, to the point of being "cooperative" with all the enthusiasm of me being paid to say something nice about {insert apt topic here}.
Old 07-14-2024, 05:55 PM   #1443
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's worse after I saw an aerial shot. If this was a major city where you had to cover dozens of building, it's one thing. But from this photo, I don't see a whole lot of places that would even be places you could pull this off from. How do you not have someone stationed on the roof? Or at the very least a drone or two in the air spotting weird movements by any tall buildings?

This is either incredibly poor work and laziness, or something more sinister.

Old 07-14-2024, 05:58 PM   #1444
Ksyrup

When in doubt and without pretty good evidence, I fall on the side of incompetence. Whether it's this or bad food service. Incompetence is pretty common everywhere.
Old 07-14-2024, 05:59 PM   #1445
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Having been through a scenario like this some years back, that's a big push/pull. Local authorities often haaaaaaaaate being dragged into this kind of stuff & are frequently extremely resentful of it, to the point of being "cooperative" with all the enthusiasm of me being paid to say something nice about {insert apt topic here}.

oh come on....these are republicans we're talking about. They don't plan...and they aren't smart. They scoff at everything involved with thinking. I mean Guliani went to a parking Lot for a press conference and no one thought that was wrong.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 06:00 PM   #1446
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When in doubt and without pretty good evidence, I fall on the side of incompetence. Whether it's this or bad food service. Incompetence is pretty common everywhere.

Yeah, they've had their fair share of blunders over the years so I'm going with incompetence. But I think questions need to be asked and there needs to be an investigation into it. A 20 year old loser should not be able to pull that off in such a remote location.
Old 07-14-2024, 06:02 PM   #1447
Danny
Head Coach

Id have to think if there was a conspiracy theyd get someone as the shooter who wouldnt miss.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 06:04 PM   #1448
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Id have to think if there was a conspiracy theyd get someone as the shooter who wouldnt miss.

Patsies are a human factor that can never be 100% accounted for. Murphy's Law and all that.
Old 07-14-2024, 06:20 PM   #1449
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Patsies are a human factor that can never be 100% accounted for. Murphy's Law and all that.

I am not a big conspiracy guy at all, but this whole thing is very Kennedy like. Dude was a registered republican, roof he shot from had perfect line of site from the snipers position and was the closest elevated structure to where they were, yet he still managed to get off multiple shots before they fired back.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 07:08 PM   #1450
GrantDawg

There are several large SUV's now parked outside J.D. Vances' house. Looks like the VP pick has been made.