Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #1401
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Ill throw this in for the next build.

Wonderful, looking forward to it.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #1402
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If you are actively coaching the game, then the settings chosen in the default gameplan are ignored. The team will play according to the settings you choose during the game.

Aren't you supposed to package all these little updates into one big one and release it as FBCB3 and charge 40 bucks?

Not only is this the best text sim ever made, the continued support and updates over a year later are very much appreciated!!!!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #1403
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I'm about 25+ seasons in, and I find the tournament upset distribution to be pretty realistic. If anything it's on the slightly light side in terms of double-digit seeds winning games. I think I can recall only one F4 of mine recently that didn't have any 1 seeds. More often than not it has multiple 1 seeds.

Last season I had 2 #1 seeds lose to #16 seeds.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #1404
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

So, after reading the thread about the new DDCB2 coming out, decided to give the original version's demo a shot just to see the difference. I think I played it before since it seemed familiar. Although certainly not an extensive time put into the game, but one thing I can say for sure, I hope FBCB never changes its approach. FBCB seemed so much more streamlined and easy to get into. I like the interface better and the speed of the game is much better. The other game may have a lot of stuff built under the hood, but I can see why I never got into it in the past. Just didn't seem like fun, especially the kind of fun I am getting out of FBCB. My plead to Brian is never try and over complicate this game because it is the biggest thing that keeps me going with it Now that doesn't mean I didn't see some things in the other game that I would like to see make its way into FBCB. Such as:

- Coach's salaries
- Having multiple team goals versus just one
- Having separate stats for regular season and post season play
- Individual game logs for players
- Although not a must by any means, the pictures of players are kind of nice

Maybe the new version of DDCB will include a ton more stuff, but as of now I can't see myself playing any other game but FBCB!!
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #1405
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

By 'Coach's salaries' I presume you mean the salary of the head coach you pretend to be.

Far from adding to realism, this would make the game much, much worse. Why? Because the full amount of a college head basketball coach's salary is rarely, if ever, fully funded out of the athletic department budget. The preponderance of a head basketball coach's compensation comes from many outside sources--not simply shoe contracts.

I cannot see how modeling this would add to the appeal of FBCB.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

Last edited by OldGiants : 03-05-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #1406
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
By 'Coach's salaries' I presume you mean the salary of the head coach you pretend to be.

Far from adding to realism, this would make the game much, much worse. Why? Because the full amount of a college head basketball coach's salary is rarely, if ever, fully funded out of the athletic department budget. The preponderance of a head basketball coach's compensation comes from many outside sources--not simply shoe contracts.

I cannot see how modeling this would add to the appeal of FBCB.

Nor can I see how it would make it much worse, worse, worse, like you indicated. Just an additional item to consider.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #1407
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Nor can I see how it would make it much worse, worse, worse, like you indicated. Just an additional item to consider.

Also using your logic, why have salaries for assistant coaches then? Seems inconsistent...again not major deal, just something to consider.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #1408
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Also using your logic, why have salaries for assistant coaches then? Seems inconsistent...again not major deal, just something to consider.
Assistant coaches are part of gameplay - you have to decided how much of your resources to spend on them, and you have to compete with other schools for them.

What would adding head coach salaries add to gameplay?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #1409
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Assistant coaches are part of gameplay - you have to decided how much of your resources to spend on them, and you have to compete with other schools for them.

What would adding head coach salaries add to gameplay?

Let me ask the opposite, what would having them detract from the gameplay? If assistant coaches have salaries, why not head coaches? Nobody works for free. I am not saying this would add some kind of revolutionary functionaltiy to the game, I am just saying it would be consistent. Assistants have salaries, why not head coaches?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #1410
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Let me ask the opposite, what would having them detract from the gameplay? If assistant coaches have salaries, why not head coaches? Nobody works for free. I am not saying this would add some kind of revolutionary functionaltiy to the game, I am just saying it would be consistent. Assistants have salaries, why not head coaches?
I guess I don't get the point. It would be purely cosmetic, because to do otherwise would be to presume that the user cares much about whatever "salary" their school opts to pay them. For me, the motivation for coaching a school has to do with their prestige and their conference (what kind of recruits can I attract and what are my tournament chances), what kind of budget do I have (how much can I spend on assistants and recruiting) and what are my facilities like (how quickly will my players develop)?

I guess I feel like my "salary" in many ways is the budget I'm given to work with.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #1411
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
I guess I don't get the point. It would be purely cosmetic, because to do otherwise would be to presume that the user cares much about whatever "salary" their school opts to pay them. For me, the motivation for coaching a school has to do with their prestige and their conference (what kind of recruits can I attract and what are my tournament chances), what kind of budget do I have (how much can I spend on assistants and recruiting) and what are my facilities like (how quickly will my players develop)?

I guess I feel like my "salary" in many ways is the budget I'm given to work with.

To me, it is part of the overall budget for the school. You decide to add a high price coach and assistants, you may have to skimp on recruiting. It is about checks and balances. For me, even if cosmetic, unrealistic to assume your head coach has no salary and does not impact the budget at all. Just my opinion.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #1412
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

How do most of you play this game?

Sim or coach the games?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #1413
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

Sim or coach the games?

I just sim, not smart enough to coach nor have the time
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #1414
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

It's a waste of time and it doesn't really make any sense, like dawgfan said. I mean, I guess FM has coaches salaries for head coaches and stuff and you can demand more money, but it's not as if it really matters in a game like FBCB2 where you don't have to micromanage if you don't want to. Why ask for something cosmetic for gee whiz when you can get other features possibly added that would enhance or improve the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

Sim or coach the games?

I sim most of my games, but tinker with strategy a lot and make sure they run my system when they play. These days I only play online, so that owes to that more than anything.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-05-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #1415
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
It's a waste of time and it doesn't really make any sense, like dawgfan said. I mean, I guess FM has coaches salaries for head coaches and stuff and you can demand more money, but it's not as if it really matters in a game like FBCB2 where you don't have to micromanage if you don't want to. Why ask for something cosmetic for gee whiz when you can get other features possibly added that would enhance or improve the game?

I sim most of my games, but tinker with strategy a lot and make sure they run my system when they play. These days I only play online, so that owes to that more than anything.

To each his own....
Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #1416
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
To each his own....

Not sure why this coach's salary has garnered so much attention from a list I posted...just one item of many...simply something that I think would add to the game...never said it was the most important game ingredient. If I had to choose which feature I would want next, probably wouldn't be this...however, it is an item on the overall list to add....

think it is time to move on from this subject, as it is obvious we all have different opinions.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #1417
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Last season I had 2 #1 seeds lose to #16 seeds.

I've seen a couple of those. One year I had what I think was a total aberration -- a Canisius team that went bonkers, getting off to a 25-0 start and ranked in the top 10. They finally got upset once in their conference but finished 32-1. RPI was only in the low 30s, but I figured they'd be good for a 3-4 seed with the gaudy record and ranking. Nope... did a double take when they popped up as a 1 seed. I can only imagine what would have been the uproar in the media on selection night. I kinda pictured Sim Colin Cowherd's head exploding.

And of course, Canisius got their dumb butts upset by the 16 seed in the first round, then quickly returned to also-ran status.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #1418
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To me, it is part of the overall budget for the school. You decide to add a high price coach and assistants, you may have to skimp on recruiting. It is about checks and balances. For me, even if cosmetic, unrealistic to assume your head coach has no salary and does not impact the budget at all. Just my opinion.
I guess that's the difference in how we view it - when I'm playing FBCB, I am the head coach, so since it doesn't actually matter to me what I'm "paid", I'd take the smallest possible salary to have that money available for assistants and recruiting.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #1419
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
I guess that's the difference in how we view it - when I'm playing FBCB, I am the head coach, so since it doesn't actually matter to me what I'm "paid", I'd take the smallest possible salary to have that money available for assistants and recruiting.

Sure, I get that point of view, just not sure in the scheme of things that is how coaches thinking about it when they get a job. Using this approach of taking the lowest salary so you can leave the rest for other things is doing it in a "game" way. Most actual coaches aren't going to do that since they aren't coaching teams just for the fun of it, they are there to make some money

Trust me, I get this is not the most important improvement needed for the game, I just believe it's one of those things that "I" would like to see some day, just can't see the harm of wanting something like that. If people are afrid the team budgets would become out of whack, I am sure the addition of a coaching salary could be accounted for.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #1420
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sure, I get that point of view, just not sure in the scheme of things that is how coaches thinking about it when they get a job. Using this approach of taking the lowest salary so you can leave the rest for other things is doing it in a "game" way. Most actual coaches aren't going to do that since they aren't coaching teams just for the fun of it, they are there to make some money

Trust me, I get this is not the most important improvement needed for the game, I just believe it's one of those things that "I" would like to see some day, just can't see the harm of wanting something like that. If people are afrid the team budgets would become out of whack, I am sure the addition of a coaching salary could be accounted for.

What you don't get is how athletic department budgets and head coach's compensation actually work. The point you are completely missing is that the majority of any coach's compensation does not come out of the athletic department. Further, there is huge difference between how the coach's salary is paid at public schools and private schools. I'll let you do the research on that--it won't take you long.

Lastly, the biggest line item in every athletic department is scholarships. Obviously the cost of a Duke or Northwestern scholarship is much, much higher than a SW Missouri State one. But everyone still gets all 15. So why not assume that every college can fund the cost of 15 scholarships and a head coach and leave it at that? Where the funds come from is only interesting to budget people like me. Plus, the Ivies and military schools don't have athletic scholarships--what would you do about that?

In real life, there is no decision to make between paying a head coach more, or spending more on recruiting and staff. It does not exist, because boosters can find money to give to head coaches, while the athletic department is closely monitored.

No offense intended, but you really do need to take time to learn how athletic departments fund their expenses before you advocate change.

And, yes, you will bored out of your gourd while you do that.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #1421
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
What you don't get is how athletic department No offense intended, but you really do need to take time to learn how athletic departments fund their expenses before you advocate change.

And, yes, you will bored out of your gourd while you do that.

Since I appear to lack the knowledge in this space where assistant coaches and head coaches get their salary paid from, are you able to point me to your sources of this information? I think it would be interesting to read about the details.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #1422
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Since I appear to lack the knowledge in this space where assistant coaches and head coaches get their salary paid from, are you able to point me to your sources of this information? I think it would be interesting to read about the details.

This took a 30-second Google search:

Who Pays the College Coach - WSJ.com
Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1423
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
This took a 30-second Google search:

Who Pays the College Coach - WSJ.com

Thank you. I tried a number of my searches myself and nothing came up.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #1424
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

That WSJ article is a good one. Doing a search on public employee salaries is another source because the football and basketball coaches always come up high on those lists. The Jim Calhoun flap last year should provide additional background.

The other thing I should mention is that the FBCB budget represents the discretionary money available to the basketball coach. These represent the amounts he has the authority to change. In a well run organization (whether public or private) your own salary is not in your budget. It is in the budget of your boss, in this case the AD. So if the AD saves money on the b-ball head coach, he can give it to the football coach. Or save it and show the U pres what a good boy he is and thus worthy of a raise, since his salary is controlled by the pres.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #1425
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I left Ohio after a strong career of six years to coach 80 prestige Villanova. This first season has been hell. A strong 12-1 non-conference showing, but 7 games into the conference season I am 2-5. If I hold a team to under 55% shooting its an accomplishment.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #1426
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
That WSJ article is a good one. Doing a search on public employee salaries is another source because the football and basketball coaches always come up high on those lists. The Jim Calhoun flap last year should provide additional background.

The other thing I should mention is that the FBCB budget represents the discretionary money available to the basketball coach. These represent the amounts he has the authority to change. In a well run organization (whether public or private) your own salary is not in your budget. It is in the budget of your boss, in this case the AD. So if the AD saves money on the b-ball head coach, he can give it to the football coach. Or save it and show the U pres what a good boy he is and thus worthy of a raise, since his salary is controlled by the pres.
Agreed. Was a very nice article and can understand what your saying. Time to move back to discussing the game itself
Old 03-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #1427
heybrad
Norm!!!

Stupid question, I'm sure, but... I just finished playing the demo season. Do I need to download another version if I want to purchase the game now (I do) and can I still continue with the career I just started?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #1428
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Stupid question, I'm sure, but... I just finished playing the demo season. Do I need to download another version if I want to purchase the game now (I do) and can I still continue with the career I just started?

I believe the demo version is different than the purchased version since they have two different links on the web site. If they were the same, I would think you would only need the one version. I would recommend downloading the latest and then applying the latest patches anyway to get the new stuff that was not available in the demo.

As for the season data, not entirely sure, but seems like it would be, but better to wait for an official response.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #1429
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Looking for some help....asked this question a few pages back, but not sure I ever got a response. On the head coach screen, there is a "Bonus Point" button but always seem disabled. What is this for? When does it become active? I saw nothing in the manual about it.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #1430
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Another dumb question....when looking at a player's card, it lists up to 3 seasons of statistics. I have noticed that it seems the maximum number of years shown is 3 years of statistics. Doesn't any basketball player play more than 3 years? Or is this some kind of limit on the stat screen where it can only show 3 years at a time?

Along the same lines, I notice that some years get skipped. For instance, it will list 2009 and 2007, but miss 2008. Is this because the player redshirted for 2008? Even in this case you would think 2008 would show up but with all zeros. Also, it would be nice to add to the player's detail information aboue when/if that player red shirted. I guess maybe this could have happened due to injury too, which I would have the same request to live the history of the player's injury so you can better understand what happened to him.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #1431
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Looking for some help....asked this question a few pages back, but not sure I ever got a response. On the head coach screen, there is a "Bonus Point" button but always seem disabled. What is this for? When does it become active? I saw nothing in the manual about it.

Your coach can improve in levels throughout his career, as long as you aren't already level 15 with all your abilities maxxed. It isn't defined as to exactly what it takes to gain a level, with success you should get levels over time though. When you get a new level you get 20 new coaching points taht you can distribute however you want.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #1432
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Your coach can improve in levels throughout his career, as long as you aren't already level 15 with all your abilities maxxed. It isn't defined as to exactly what it takes to gain a level, with success you should get levels over time though. When you get a new level you get 20 new coaching points taht you can distribute however you want.

Thank you. Do you know how I would be alerted if this was an option and what time of the season I would be able to do it? Or do I always just need to check this screen?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #1433
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Another feature request:

On the player's record screen in history, would love an option for total games played by the player in the dropdown. This way you can see how many games a player has played during their career.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #1434
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. Do you know how I would be alerted if this was an option and what time of the season I would be able to do it? Or do I always just need to check this screen?
You'll get an e-mail informing you that you have coaching points to spend. Happens either right at the beginning of the season or shortly thereafter (can't remember exactly). If you keep track, you'll also note that your assistants can and will improve in their ratings after good seasons, especially if they are younger.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #1435
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Another dumb question....when looking at a player's card, it lists up to 3 seasons of statistics. I have noticed that it seems the maximum number of years shown is 3 years of statistics. Doesn't any basketball player play more than 3 years? Or is this some kind of limit on the stat screen where it can only show 3 years at a time?
I haven't run into that - when I look at the player card for a senior, they have all four years listed.

Regarding noting redshirt years, it may be that the screen size is limited to 4 lines; I think it's safe to assume that a missing year = redshirt year (and almost certainly due to transferring).
Old 03-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #1436
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I see 4 years plus career totals on the player page for both "averages" and "totals". This is the "player profile" page when you double click on an individual right?

Quote:
Along the same lines, I notice that some years get skipped. For instance, it will list 2009 and 2007, but miss 2008. Is this because the player redshirted for 2008?

Yeah that would be why. The display could indicate redshirt I guess, I personally prefer it to be streamlined and not to show anything unnecessary myself.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #1437
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I *think* you get an e-mail/message in game. You just need to check at the start of each new season I believe.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #1438
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
You'll get an e-mail informing you that you have coaching points to spend. Happens either right at the beginning of the season or shortly thereafter (can't remember exactly). If you keep track, you'll also note that your assistants can and will improve in their ratings after good seasons, especially if they are younger.

Thank you..that is perfect.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #1439
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
I see 4 years plus career totals on the player page for both "averages" and "totals". This is the "player profile" page when you double click on an individual right?

Yeah that would be why. The display could indicate redshirt I guess, I personally prefer it to be streamlined and not to show anything unnecessary myself.

Correct, but I am not seeing 4 years at all. I see there are lines for 4 years, but only 3 shows. I fast simmed my career since 1939 and wonder if that is why. Maybe when fast simming it doesn't track all the years??? Only the years you don't fast sim?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #1440
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

You CAN continue demo seasons with the full version.

Sly try hitting the print button and compare what that shows to what you are seeing. Perhaps post a screen shot of a SR that hasn't redshirted.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #1441
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I left Ohio after a strong career of six years to coach 80 prestige Villanova. This first season has been hell. A strong 12-1 non-conference showing, but 7 games into the conference season I am 2-5. If I hold a team to under 55% shooting its an accomplishment.

Same thing is happening the following year. Giving up 81 ppg. My guards are A, A-. SF is a C. PF is a C. C is an A.. They are not all great, but DAYUM.

The Big East isn't the MAC/MVC I am used to

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 03-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #1442
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
You CAN continue demo seasons with the full version.

Sly try hitting the print button and compare what that shows to what you are seeing. Perhaps post a screen shot of a SR that hasn't redshirted.

HR.

Print shows the same thing as the screen. Here is a screenshot. However, since the player card doesn't really track if a player was ever redshirted (feature request ), can't guarantee this person didn't redshirt. This is what I see on all my player cards. The league was fast simmed from 1939.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sr.jpg (313.2 KB, 76 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #1443
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
HR.

Print shows the same thing as the screen. Here is a screenshot. However, since the player card doesn't really track if a player was ever redshirted (feature request ), can't guarantee this person didn't redshirt. This is what I see on all my player cards. The league was fast simmed from 1939.

Maybe I am being an idiot here When I look at these stats, it is May 1st on the calendar. What I am thinking is these people just turned into Seniors but haven't played any games in their Senior season yet. Therefore, the bucket for 2010 hasn't been created and only shows the years before. I think that is it. Although now that I understand it, but at first look I was perplexed. Maybe something to consider is when the new season is started and ages/player level changes, possibly immediately insert a stat line for the upcoming year with all zeros. I think mystery solved!

Update: I Believe I have confirmed this now. As soon as the player played their first game in 2010, I saw 4 years.

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 03-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #1444
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:

Only reason I would prefer to see the redshirt is so it takes the mystery out of what happens to certain players. Although I agree extra clutter is not good, I wouldn't mind the stat line for the redshirt year being added (screen already allows for 4 lines anyway) and then an indicated next to it, something like 2007 (r). This way you could see the player redhsirted.

BTW, in my example where there was a gap of 2007 to 2009, presumably the player reshirted in 2008. I don't know all the rules about redshirting, but is it typical for a player to redshirt in their second year, versus their first year?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1445
britrock88
Pro Starter

A player can redshirt at any time. Redshirting in the first year or after transferring (since taking a redshirt season is a requirement of transferring) is most common. A player's redshirt status is indicated by the presence or absence of an asterisk next to their class year at the top-left of the player card.

This missing season can also occur with a bad player that simply never sees the floor, for what that's worth.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #1446
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
A player can redshirt at any time. Redshirting in the first year or after transferring (since taking a redshirt season is a requirement of transferring) is most common. A player's redshirt status is indicated by the presence or absence of an asterisk next to their class year at the top-left of the player card.

This missing season can also occur with a bad player that simply never sees the floor, for what that's worth.

Thank you, that makes sense.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #1447
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Until HR posted about the print option a few threads back, didn't even notice it existed Good function. When looking at printing, notice a couple potential minor issues. First screen shows the wod "test" at the end, assuming that is a mistake. The second screen shows that the order of the career and season stats are different then when shown on the screen. Print shows it from least to greatest (2007-2010) and the screen shows it greatest to lowest (2010-2007).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prestige.jpg (102.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png printdetail.png (92.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #1448
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

It is funny to see a coach with this history being hired as a head coach I am sure there are examples of this in real life, but kind of funny he seemed to get fired just about every year, but then gets hired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coachfire.jpg (155.9 KB, 72 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #1449
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Was this mentioned?

I was looking through the coach records, and I know you can click the coaches with current jobs to view their profiles. It would be nice to be able to see the profiles of coaches that currently do not have jobs. The third winningest coach did not have a position apparently and I was interested in where he coached to get that high, but his profile would not open.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #1450
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Was this mentioned?

I was looking through the coach records, and I know you can click the coaches with current jobs to view their profiles. It would be nice to be able to see the profiles of coaches that currently do not have jobs. The third winningest coach did not have a position apparently and I was interested in where he coached to get that high, but his profile would not open.

Are you sure he wasn't retired? If he was retired, you can turn the option on at the start of the league to see retired coach profile. However, if he was still active but just did not have a team, then I would agree with you that you should be able to see the profile.