Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #1401
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I'm telling you that I know he/she is here. I've been spending the last few nights trying to identify the Herald. I believe the key to fighting Galactus is through the Herald.

I'm not saying you are lying or trying to deceive us, but this seems an odd power for Johnny Storm to have. And why reveal this now? If of course you can find the Herald, you would have my full support in attacking him/her.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #1402
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I got confirmation, we can only make one attack each, so make it count guys. And make sure we have people left over for the Galactus mission later.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #1403
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
I have a personal vendetta againt the big creep and the power to potentially identify the Herald. Thus far I have been unsuccessful in my attempts.

Good to know!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #1404
HenryPym
Mascot

Mods, will you give us any idea of the effect our attacks on having on the Destroyer and how much time we have left? I would prefer not to attack but will if time is running short.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #1405
hoopsguy
General Manager

Magneto greets the Destroyer with a burst of magnetic energy that threatens to pull him apart. GhostRider pours it on, ensnaring his prey in his chain to restrain him while Hulk lays down punishing blows. Punisher, Vision, Mimic, and Kang add their might to the process as the Destoyer moves no more.

As his body explodes, a small piece of machinery project skyward, back to Galactus. It is shaped like a hummingbird and it lands in the palm of the Giant. He again stares down at the masses momentarily, and resumes his work.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #1406
HenryPym
Mascot

hmm I guess the mods will update us
Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #1407
HenryPym
Mascot

good job attackers!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #1408
Punisher
High School JV

7 of us went after the Destroyer? I wonder now if one of the 7 of us isn't a traitor. That includes me, I know. Seems like we'll be shorthanded for Galactus.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #1409
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
I'm not saying you are lying or trying to deceive us, but this seems an odd power for Johnny Storm to have. And why reveal this now? If of course you can find the Herald, you would have my full support in attacking him/her.

Having been the Herald for a time (before the events of this game), I have a certain affinity toward the Herald. I have felt the presence and at night I have been directing my thoughts toward trying to hone in on that presence. I can tell you a few people who aren't the Herald, but not who is.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #1410
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

WAHOO! Hey, when Fridge Magnet gets back, I propose we send him up there to use his magnet power to take the machine from the world eater.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #1411
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Okay folks, here is wha thappened during my night action. I got a message on Night One that one of my teammates was wrong somehow. Last night I explored that feeling and was told that Nightcrawler is either not as he seems or is possesssed somehow.

ooc - I am leaving in abiout ten minutes. I need to replenish the energy that I used to explore my visions surrounding Nightcrawler, so I am just putting out a quick vote and will beg off missions today.

Nightcrawler will have a chance to let us know what is going on in the thread, and he is my teammate, but for now, I have to attack someone, and I may not be back before deadline tonight. As such.

Standard Attack on Nightcrawler

I'm afraid this might be true. I've been getting similar PMs since night one (though about myself, not a teammate). I have a feeling one of the telepaths has the ability to control me, but that they haven't exerted it yet. I didn't want to say anything because I'd hoped to figure it out first, but now I just hope that it's a good-aligned telepath..
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #1412
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Dr. Richards, is your portal, perhaps, Galactus-sized?
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #1413
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Having been the Herald for a time (before the events of this game), I have a certain affinity toward the Herald. I have felt the presence and at night I have been directing my thoughts toward trying to hone in on that presence. I can tell you a few people who aren't the Herald, but not who is.

Ah I had not realized you were a Herald. I retract my comment then. I hope you have looked at the one former Herald I was aware of.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #1414
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
7 of us went after the Destroyer? I wonder now if one of the 7 of us isn't a traitor. That includes me, I know. Seems like we'll be shorthanded for Galactus.

I am trying to figure out where you are coming from on this.. Are you saying this because you feel 7 was overkill? I ask because my impression was that the mission ran until enough people had attacked The Detroyer, and if enough didn't then bad things may happen. So as far as I can tell, the amount of people who attacked there was just right?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #1415
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

I can look into that (ooc: ask the moderator), but I assume that this portal is not capable of that (ooc: ie I think it is players only).
Old 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #1416
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Ah I had not realized you were a Herald. I retract my comment then. I hope you have looked at the one former Herald I was aware of.

If the Silver Surfer is not the herald, perhaps he has a power similar to young Storm's.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #1417
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:

I have indeed. Silver Surfer is not the Herald.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #1418
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree with Traffic's "Mr. Fantasy" here. This leaves us 20-some people now for the Galactus mission, right?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #1419
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

Negatory (I assume you mean me as Nathaniel Richards, though I don't think/know if I'm a Doc)

Someone sabotaged my work so while I made progress, it was minimal.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #1420
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I am trying to figure out where you are coming from on this.. Are you saying this because you feel 7 was overkill? I ask because my impression was that the mission ran until enough people had attacked The Detroyer, and if enough didn't then bad things may happen. So as far as I can tell, the amount of people who attacked there was just right?

I agree with Doctor Richards. And since the Destroyer had attacked Doctor McCoy, it seemed prudent to defeat the Destroyer sooner rather than later.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #1421
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
I'm afraid this might be true. I've been getting similar PMs since night one (though about myself, not a teammate). I have a feeling one of the telepaths has the ability to control me, but that they haven't exerted it yet. I didn't want to say anything because I'd hoped to figure it out first, but now I just hope that it's a good-aligned telepath..

I was holding off from attacking you in order to see what your reply to the claims may be. I have to admit your response is not necessarily the denial that I was expecting, but does not really make me feel any better about you.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #1422
Quicksilver
n00b

Just a note, it appears I didn't make it in time to attack the Destroyer. So I will be available to attack Galactus and or another mission.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #1423
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Negatory (I assume you mean me as Nathaniel Richards, though I don't think/know if I'm a Doc)

I meant Dr. Reed Richards.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #1424
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

The good thing is this occured real-time, so I don't think there's a chance that we brought in too many people.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #1425
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
WAHOO! Hey, when Fridge Magnet gets back, I propose we send him up there to use his magnet power to take the machine from the world eater.

If such a thing is possible, I would be willing to attempt it. But even I, with my boundless energy, has limitations. I suspect I have exhausted my mission abilities for the day.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #1426
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
I was holding off from attacking you in order to see what your reply to the claims may be. I have to admit your response is not necessarily the denial that I was expecting, but does not really make me feel any better about you.

I don't feel very good about me. If I can be a weapon for the wrong person then I can see how that'd be detrimental to everyone, maybe the telepaths can shed some light on this.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #1427
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I can look into that (ooc: ask the moderator), but I assume that this portal is not capable of that (ooc: ie I think it is players only).

After looking into it further, it seems like I am uncertain if I would be capable of sending Galactus through to the negative zone (ooc: ie, I was told only that I could try but not if it would work of what consequences there would be if I failed). Perhaps that is not necessarily a risk worth the reward if several others here have stated they can use powers to defeat Galactus. Perhaps the negative zone is best saved for either protecting those loyal to Doom (or to protect Doom himself), or to inprison those whom we feel may be traitorous.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #1428
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post

I believe the person who likely sabotaged your work is the Herald.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #1429
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

I agree with this. Perhaps we would have been better served by having less people do the job, with each of them using more energy, but that seems like nitpicking. We still have enough to cover any missions we want to make today, provided people are on the ball about it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #1430
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:

I hadn't thought of that. Good point.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #1431
Cable
Mascot

Is it possible that Nightcrawler is the Herald and the force controlling him is Galactus?
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #1432
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Is it possible that Nightcrawler is the Herald and the force controlling him is Galactus?

I don't think that's the case, in my "dreams" or whatever you want to call them, it was a person who I could see, and they were quite normal sized. Haven't been able to discern gender yet though.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #1433
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
After looking into it further, it seems like I am uncertain if I would be capable of sending Galactus through to the negative zone (ooc: ie, I was told only that I could try but not if it would work of what consequences there would be if I failed). Perhaps that is not necessarily a risk worth the reward if several others here have stated they can use powers to defeat Galactus. Perhaps the negative zone is best saved for either protecting those loyal to Doom (or to protect Doom himself), or to inprison those whom we feel may be traitorous.

If you can try, that seems like you have a chance. I might be able to help you, then. What would be the consequences if you succeed?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #1434
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
I would also like to point out, with an element of self-satisfaction, that I was correct in questioning Dr Doom's excuses that he had to conserve resources to repair his armour.

This is an excellent point, Emma, you were more astute than I in this case, no question.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #1435
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
If you can try, that seems like you have a chance. I might be able to help you, then. What would be the consequences if you succeed?

I am not as worried about the consequences if I succeed as much as the consequences of if I fail. I also am not sure that this is the best usage of the negative zone. Galactus is only one of our problems.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #1436
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

My own research shows that the Negative Zone has been used by you, Dr. Richards, to remove Galactus before. But I do not know any of the details of that encounter. Perhaps someone else has that knowledge?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #1437
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I say we try to ram his fat, world-eating @ss into the negative zone and let him feast on himself a la Pizza the Hutt.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #1438
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Maybe this would be a good time to say that anyone placed in the negative zone isn't stuck there permanently? I mentioned previously that someone wouldn't be trapped there if the rebels decided to kill me after I placed someone there. I won't go into details regarding their ability to possibly get out.. but I am not sure that placing Galactus there would be a permanent solution.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #1439
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

* Vision alights near Mr. Fantastic and the Punisher, his synthezoid face betraying no weariness from his prior exertion.*

Indeed, Punisher, I believe you are off base entirely here. Remember that we had twelve people commited to the Sentinel mission yesterday. I daresay we got a comparative bargain today.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #1440
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I am not as worried about the consequences if I succeed as much as the consequences of if I fail. I also am not sure that this is the best usage of the negative zone. Galactus is only one of our problems.

I agree that Galactus is only one of our problems, but it's the only problem with a single being that can easily be disposed of.

I'm more worried about what happens in the Negative Zone. Is it the kind of place where giving Galactus free reign can give him more opportunities that we don't know about?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #1441
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] well that was a lot of catching-up [/ooc]

Congratulations Victor. I trust that you have the best interests of all of us at heart.

As for the speculation much earlier (prior to the death of Apocalypse) about what I have been up to - I have been building energy. My standard attacks use 1 point of energy. I am now very comfortable committing to 2-days of utilizing my stronger-power, and/or being able to utilize a "creative power".
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #1442
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Maybe this would be a good time to say that anyone placed in the negative zone isn't stuck there permanently? I mentioned previously that someone wouldn't be trapped there if the rebels decided to kill me after I placed someone there. I won't go into details regarding their ability to possibly get out.. but I am not sure that placing Galactus there would be a permanent solution.

Point taken. Probably not the best idea.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #1443
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Unless I have missed something important while fighting the menace from the Detroyer, I believe we have not heard how our friend Beast fares. It seems he was the only one attacked by the Destroyer.

Another note, regarding the possible Herald of Galactus: Historically, these individuals have been powerful projectors of force, and space-faring in nature.

This qualifies me, though I welcome any attempts to scan me if I am suspect.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1444
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Unless I have missed something important while fighting the menace from the Detroyer, I believe we have not heard how our friend Beast fares. It seems he was the only one attacked by the Destroyer.

Another note, regarding the possible Herald of Galactus: Historically, these individuals have been powerful projectors of force, and space-faring in nature.

This qualifies me, though I welcome any attempts to scan me if I am suspect.

I feel I have done a poor job of expressing my point of view. This was in response to the suggestion that Nightcrawler might be the herald. While the suggestion wasn't fully without merit, and might indeed prove to be the case, I wanted to point out that Galactus has in the past been to a degree consistent in who he chooses to serve him.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1445
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

ALL HAIL DOOM.

Greetings on this good morning. As you have all learned, rulership of this world has been rightfully passed on to Dr. Doom. Apolcalypse's death was a surprise, but not unexpected. He foolishly left himself unguarded to the traitors, and I am only glad that Doom was adequately prepared for this eventuality.

Apocalypse's prelates are no more. I will declare my own as I see fit, though there are few among you I trust.

You have succeeded well in dealing with Galactus's attack. Finding this Herald is of the utmost importance, and my first decree is to find him and bring him to me. This will I think be more important than damaging Galactus himself.

As for the traitors in our midst, I will consider who they are. We will coordinate attacks today---follow suit or risk being destroyed yourself.

ALL HAIL DOOM.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1446
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post

I am hopeful that Dr. McCoy survives. Our prompt action may have made the difference. Had he been dead, I believe that we would have found his remains.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1447
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
I don't feel very good about me. If I can be a weapon for the wrong person then I can see how that'd be detrimental to everyone, maybe the telepaths can shed some light on this.

I cannot. I am unsure what to make of the entire situation. Firstly I was not aware that Firebird had any telepathic sense which made me suspicious of her initial reveal, containing as it did, a large element of uncertainty. Add to the fact that Firebird had already been on missions both day one and two - it seemed to me that her searching for the sense of unease would require a special action (unavailable to her due to her participation in missions), although clearly I could be, and probably am, wrong about that.

I certainly didn't expect Kurt to back the story up in this way. There remains the question of why he did not mention it before. I see no good reason why "waiting to figure it out" himself would provide any benefit for the greater good as, if we are to believe him, he risks being controlled against his will without informing us of his predicament. I am astonished that he would not mention this as not to do so could result in him attacking someone and then, in turn, being killed for his actions.

However a telepath is named so all my reasoning here can be portrayed as me trying to cover my tracks. I can't help that, my doubts about this remain.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #1448
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I must depart for a while but shall return later.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #1449
Nightcrawler
n00b

Emma - I made no mention of it because there was no hint of hostile force in my dreams, so I didn't take it as a threat up to this point. So I was withholding information, yes, but I didn't want to lie to you.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #1450
Nightcrawler
n00b

I don't even know that it's a threat now.. but that's easy to say coming from my point of view. I can understand attacks upon me.