Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #1401
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Stupid Question: I downloaded the demo, and selected the "Vanilla" version, and went ahead and bought the game (so much for me skipping my FM every other year.. ) - do I need to re-download the game for a full version ?

Second q as it happens, when I look to update the logos and kits , I find there is no "EPL" location to update logos in - where do I get a chance to do this ?

thanks.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #1402
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Stupid Question: I downloaded the demo, and selected the "Vanilla" version, and went ahead and bought the game (so much for me skipping my FM every other year.. ) - do I need to re-download the game for a full version ?

Second q as it happens, when I look to update the logos and kits , I find there is no "EPL" location to update logos in - where do I get a chance to do this ?

thanks.

Don't quote me on this, but I would think you would have to download the full version. Only FM had a demo, right? And you bought WWSM?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #1403
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yes i believe you do need to re-DL for the full version.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #1404
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

As for you second question, there won't be any league folders involved. It's usually Country->Team. Most downloadable logo packs should contain a readme file that will help you out.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #1405
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I downloaded the demo of the SEGA America site, so I assumed it was a WWSM demo - and the licensing worked fine and the game started up (After licensing).

Now, I just restarted the computer, and the frigging thing gives me a "please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK, and restart application" error. I'm certain I downloaded the WWSM patch, and it seemed to install/update properly. Why on earth is it asking for a CD ?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #1406
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
I downloaded the demo of the SEGA America site, so I assumed it was a WWSM demo - and the licensing worked fine and the game started up (After licensing).

Now, I just restarted the computer, and the frigging thing gives me a "please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK, and restart application" error. I'm certain I downloaded the WWSM patch, and it seemed to install/update properly. Why on earth is it asking for a CD ?

Maybe there is a WWSM demo then. I would think that it would be fairly obvious to you though to the point where you would say, "dude, you're wrong."
Old 02-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #1407
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Maybe there is a WWSM demo then. I would think that it would be fairly obvious to you though to the point where you would say, "dude, you're wrong."

heh, I would think so. I'm just not clear where this error came from - the game seemed fine after I updated the patch or so. And I wanted to play for a while tonight before leaving tomorrow, and this seems to put a crimp in my plans.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #1408
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

I'll go with the obvious but are you absolutely certain you downloaded the patch for the digidownload version of WWSM and not the one for the box version of WWSM. The few times I've read about this error, it was people download the wrong patch...

FM
Old 02-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #1409
Blade6119
Coordinator

Wow, i just cant figure out my team...i have the talent to win the dutch division(did so last year with basically the same players...and the oldest was 25 then)...this year i cant stop drawing with teams...on a few luck wins alone im in 5th...im stunned, as then i go into the CL and dominate, beating Barcelona 10-0 with the exact same formation that cant score at all in league(the tactic PSV starts with, its a 5-3-2 hybrid)...god its frustrating, especially with half my U19s revolting against me(like half my reseveres want to play first team...their good, 22-0-0 U19 record good, but not better then my starters)....god damn you marc!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:24 AM   #1410
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

If you've purchased an online version, patched and are getting a CD error - then you've installed the FM2006 CD patch not the 'digi-download' version, please install the correct patch and you should fine things are working ok again.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #1411
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Wow, i just cant figure out my team...i have the talent to win the dutch division(did so last year with basically the same players...and the oldest was 25 then)...this year i cant stop drawing with teams...on a few luck wins alone im in 5th...im stunned, as then i go into the CL and dominate, beating Barcelona 10-0 with the exact same formation that cant score at all in league(the tactic PSV starts with, its a 5-3-2 hybrid)...god its frustrating, especially with half my U19s revolting against me(like half my reseveres want to play first team...their good, 22-0-0 U19 record good, but not better then my starters)....god damn you marc!
What sort of players do you have in your team? - if they're big stars then it might be a problem that your team don't have the reputation to motivate them any more and they feel they're too 'big' for the dutch league and so expect to win without putting forth much effort ... hence CL matches they enjoy and are motivated for, but league matches they might get sloppy in.

If this is the case then shock a few of them by dropping them for a few games, give those uppity kids a run out - it'll cheer them up and hopefully motivate your star players by giving them some competition.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:32 AM   #1412
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
What sort of players do you have in your team? - if they're big stars then it might be a problem that your team don't have the reputation to motivate them any more and they feel they're too 'big' for the dutch league and so expect to win without putting forth much effort ... hence CL matches they enjoy and are motivated for, but league matches they might get sloppy in.

If this is the case then shock a few of them by dropping them for a few games, give those uppity kids a run out - it'll cheer them up and hopefully motivate your star players by giving them some competition.
My biggest stars are Jefferson Farfan(transfering out in 5 days for 20 mil...valued at 8), Taianian(a young brazilian, bought for 675k and now at 7 mil) and Jorge Valvidia(Chile i want to say, bought from Colo Colo...valued at 6.5). None of them have expressed a desire to move on(farfan still wants to stay), or mentioned the slightest bit of unhappiness. Only one stater is upset, and thats due to too much competition he feels(despite my promise he is my starter).

Ill try the shock tactic, im just worried those few games will knock me out of the title race so i have been hesitant to do so so far. Saved up about 25 mil in transfer funds for a big splash, hoped maybe a influential star could unite them
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:32 AM   #1413
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, its december 2006
Demotivation
Old 02-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #1414
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Should I be getting a message when the board changes my wage budget?

Here's my situation..

Took Kettering job late season with wages at approx 220K pounds/a while the board budget was approx 130K. At the start of May I began to list some high priced players to get back to budget and moved all but one of the lower priced ones on my listing. I haven't quite cut the 90k I'm over but I have moved enough salary that I figure I should be ok going into the next season if I get any increase at all.

Here's the thing though, on May 3 I glance at my manager page, to see what other cuts need to be made, and I notice I am only about 30k over budget. At some point, between May 1-3, my allowed wages increased to a 190k/a. As far as I can tell I was never notified of this. I went back through all the news and found nothing. Did I miss some sort of notification? Is this something that happens at the end of each season?

The good news is the players taking the place of the sold ones are just about as good. So only the team depth may be affected depending on what I can find on the market to replace them. However I was about to list my star striker, who makes 24k, as it looked to be the only way to get the budget under control. If I hadn't noticed the wage increase and sold him it would have really hurt the team.

One more thing that may have had some influence on this. I did win my first round Conf North playoff and am getting ready now for the second round. Could or would this have triggered the wage increase from the board?

Thanks
Sweed
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #1415
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Sweed, if you moved your players by selling them, it's possible the board has given you a tad more budget wage wise. They like it when you bring in money

FM
Old 02-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #1416
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Sweed, if you moved your players by selling them, it's possible the board has given you a tad more budget wage wise. They like it when you bring in money

FM

So getting this increase without a message is normal? I guess I expected something like "Kettering board notifies Coach W. of increase in wage budget". Not a big deal but good to know so I can keep a closer eye on things.

Thanks FM
Old 02-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #1417
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
So getting this increase without a message is normal? I guess I expected something like "Kettering board notifies Coach W. of increase in wage budget". Not a big deal but good to know so I can keep a closer eye on things.

Thanks FM

yes, an increas in wage because of selling a player without it being mentionned is "normal" or at least is how I've seen it happen quite often.

Now, another thing for which you should get an announcement is when your board decides to increase your transfer budget. This is not as frequent and usually happened to me in the August transfer window, a couple seasons after I'd promoted to the EPL. At the time I felt that the board was kind of witholding some funds from me and we were building quite a big bank account, until boom, they announced that they'd boosted the transfer budget by some very big amount, someties more than doubling the initially announced budget...

FM
Old 02-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #1418
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Gotta brag a bit about a sweet transfer move I did. Look at the career stats page for Dean Morgan here:

YearTeamDivisionInfoAppsGlsAstsMoMAv R
2008-09LutonChampionship$45K0-------
2008-09IpswichChampionship60006.00
2007-08IpswichChampionship$2M195016.53
2007-08LutonChampionship68137.83
2006-07LutonChampionship3611326.81
2005-06LutonChampionshipFree123106.67
2004-05Reading182---
2003-04ReadingFree131---
2003-04Colchester0----
2002-03Colchester376---
2001-02Colchester300---
2000-01Colchester40---

I manage Luton. the guy was on the team when I took over in 2005-06, played spordically then, scoring every once in a while. He's an AM/F C but better at playing the striker position...

Anyway, after scoring every once in a while in the first two seasons I managed him at Luton, he got red hot in the start of the 07-08 season as you can see, scoring 8 goals in 6 games, getting the MoM in half of the games. He was still only "valued" at about $200k when Ipswich approached me with an enquiry about him. Never would I have thought about letting him go so I asked them to shell out $2M for him and they accepted. That was too good to be true and I decided to let him go... As you can see, Dean had trouble adapting to life at Ipswich and he eventually ended up being transfer listed and playing with their reserves squad. Now valued at only $65k, they were only asking $45k for him and I was only too happy to oblige, hoping he'd regain his magical touch with the Hatters

He was injured when he got to the club so he's yet to play a game for us, but some players already have him as their favoured personnel from his past stay at the club, so hopefully he can regain form

FM
Old 02-04-2006, 12:23 PM   #1419
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I have a similar player, Andrey Tsaplin, with an almost identical situation.

I was in the Russian First Division (2nd level out of 2), and while Tsaplin wasn't playing poorly, he wasn't the star left winger we'd envisioned. FC Moscow from the Premier Division came calling, we eventually settled on a deal for around half a million euros. Long story short, Tsaplin played sparingly his first year, and was entrenched in the reserves his second year.

I rescued him for 2k euros, and he helped us promote to the Premier Division where we're now ahead of FC Moscow in the table.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #1420
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I have a similar player, Andrey Tsaplin, with an almost identical situation.

I was in the Russian First Division (2nd level out of 2), and while Tsaplin wasn't playing poorly, he wasn't the star left winger we'd envisioned. FC Moscow from the Premier Division came calling, we eventually settled on a deal for around half a million euros. Long story short, Tsaplin played sparingly his first year, and was entrenched in the reserves his second year.

I rescued him for 2k euros, and he helped us promote to the Premier Division where we're now ahead of FC Moscow in the table.

sweet, ain't it? And the best about a guy like Dean Morgan is that he doesn't even have the best skills on paper, but I know he can find the net on a regular basis, and I feel like I know him. That $45k bid just made sense to me as it would have made sense in real life. I felt like giving this guy a second chance was just the right thing to do...

FM
Old 02-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #1421
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I've been looking at starting a new career as the England National Coach and when looking over the default roster it amazes me that guys like Jermain Defoe and Michael Owen are only weighing in at 143lbs and 149lbs respectively.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #1422
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Also, what a difference a day makes.

My Sokol Saratov squad is on a 4 or 5 game skid in the Russian Premier Division, and while relegation doesn't seem likely 2/3's of the way through the season, I'm very frustrated with our play.

I start browswing through the available managerial jobs around Europe, but (fortunately?) don't find anything in the two biggest leagues my game is running (Spain and Holland).

So we go into our next match against Spartak Moscow, and go to a diamond 4-4-2 formation. It works amazingly, as our slumping players dominate, and we win 5-3. I go back onto the transfer market as the window has only about 10 days left and start throwing out lots of bids, once again recommitted to this football team.

We'll see how it turns out!

Old 02-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #1423
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
I've been looking at starting a new career as the England National Coach and when looking over the default roster it amazes me that guys like Jermain Defoe and Michael Owen are only weighing in at 143lbs and 149lbs respectively.

That's just a fact of soccer. Even the "target" men rarely weigh over 200 pounds.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #1424
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
That's just a fact of soccer. Even the "target" men rarely weigh over 200 pounds.
Yeah you see these guys on TV and you just expect them to weigh at least 160 or something.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #1425
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Team moves from part time to full time, contract implications?

Newbie looking for advice.

My Kettering lads have won promotion to the English Conference National. With that came 100k pounds in tv money, wage increase from 190k to 300k, and the board making the club full-time.

Looking over the other National squads I see a mix of contracts ie all fulltime, a majority of FT with some PT, and even one squad that looks to be almost all PT.
My squad is of course all PT right now. I need advice on how and when to convert my players to FT contracts.

My first thought is to convert my best players to FT to get the training time benefits and leave everybody esle on PT. Then use remaining wage funds to try to pick up some more quality palyers.

Any problems with my plan or suggestions for something different?

Thanks
Sweed
Old 02-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #1426
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My Kettering lads have won promotion to the English Conference National. With that came 100k pounds in tv money, wage increase from 190k to 300k, and the board making the club full-time.

Looking over the other National squads I see a mix of contracts ie all fulltime, a majority of FT with some PT, and even one squad that looks to be almost all PT.
My squad is of course all PT right now. I need advice on how and when to convert my players to FT contracts.

My first thought is to convert my best players to FT to get the training time benefits and leave everybody esle on PT. Then use remaining wage funds to try to pick up some more quality palyers.

Thanks
Sweed
sounds right to me sweed. although you might want to also convert a couple promising youngsters that you have to FT to see if you can get a good boost to their abilities
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #1427
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks
Sweed

That's what I would do.

I also second DaddyTorgo's suggestion. On my Russian Team, where I just recently revamped our youth system and now have a full youth squad, I've picked out the best couple of youngsters to give full-time contracts.

Now a question of my own: I've given a couple of these guys full-time contracts, but I can still only train them on youth schedules? Do I need to change their status off of "Hot Prospect"? How do I get them able to go on full-time schedules?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #1428
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think you can;t put em on normal training schedules till age 20.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #1429
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: Whoops, I'm incorrect here: Someone just told me they signed a 17 y/o Wonderkid as a key player, and he was assigned to a full time schedule.

So they have to be a first team player to get a first team schedule
Old 02-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #1430
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Dola: Whoops, I'm incorrect here: Someone just told me they signed a 17 y/o Wonderkid as a key player, and he was assigned to a full time schedule.

Incidentally, I was the one who has said player.

To change the topic a little bit, check this kid out (he's a re-gen so no worries about player-tipping):

Here's my first youth product who I look forward to using as a back-up target man soon:

And here's a guy from a year after Sergeev, who I think could be a productive player in my first team before his 20th birthday, though I do think he'll be more effective as a box-to-box midfielder than an out-and-out striker:

Thoughts?

~rpi-fan

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 02-05-2006 at 05:24 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #1431
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

that's how I understand it too. I got kids I signed to full time schedule and when they're part of the U18 squad, they only can train on the youth schedules and when I move them up to senior team, the other schedules become avalaible to them...

FM
Old 02-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #1432
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I've never gotten deep enough into a career to have re-gens be anything meaningful, so the prospect of these guys entering the first team is really excisting for me.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #1433
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

On my team the day they turn 17 they can go on any schedule...14-16 is only youth schedules...hit 17 and i can put them on any schedule
Demotivation
Old 02-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #1434
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, thats with PSV in holland
Demotivation
Old 02-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #1435
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
that's how I understand it too. I got kids I signed to full time schedule and when they're part of the U18 squad, they only can train on the youth schedules and when I move them up to senior team, the other schedules become avalaible to them...

FM

Yep, I've moved them off of the U19 squad and then they can go on any schedule.

Just can't be on the schedule when they're on the U19's.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #1436
path12
Coordinator

RPI, crank up the training on Aleksic on tactics and ball control -- he's gonna be a monster playmaker for you in a couple years.

Actually, maybe change his position to AMR and crank up the set pieces also -- he could be an awesome winger banging crosses to your target man....

Last edited by path12 : 02-05-2006 at 10:24 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #1437
Celeval
Pro Starter

Did a quick search, but didn't find mention of this...

Downloaded 6.0.2 version (right now, just demo). When height is using feet/inches, they are all displayed as:

6'0\" with that slash, rather than just 6'0". Is this fixed somewhere? Is it just me?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #1438
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Did a quick search, but didn't find mention of this...

Downloaded 6.0.2 version (right now, just demo). When height is using feet/inches, they are all displayed as:

6'0\" with that slash, rather than just 6'0". Is this fixed somewhere? Is it just me?

It's either a problem with the default skin or with the American English language pack. I think the latter.

There are instructions a page or two back on how to get the British English language pack.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #1439
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Weird height display - can you indicate which skin you're using as I doubt this is contained in either the English or American translation file (as the representation wouldn't differ between either language from the original codebase) and so might be in the skin itself.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #1440
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Weird height display - can you indicate which skin you're using as I doubt this is contained in either the English or American translation file (as the representation wouldn't differ between either language from the original codebase) and so might be in the skin itself.

I've had the height problem since I first installed WSM on my pc. I put the new Aurora skin in my game and the problem still exists. I think it's an issue with the American language pack which comes with the game.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #1441
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
I've had the height problem since I first installed WSM on my pc. I put the new Aurora skin in my game and the problem still exists. I think it's an issue with the American language pack which comes with the game.
The issue is there under all the skins that came with - Cappuccino, Chameleon 2006, Metallic 2006. Switching from US English to British English fixes the issue. I can forward screenshots if you like, Mark, drop me a PM.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:47 PM   #1442
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

So, is anyone else a little frustrated with the 2d Engine ? Its getting to the point where I'm starting to believe some of the old batching rumors - opposition goalies are averaging 7.7 with me, and at least one opposition central defender has had an 8 in the vast majority of games. Every one of my 7 losses comes with the quote "Crystal Palace deserved at least a point" . I'd say its my strikers, but I'm tired of how my guys consistently suck up front (Andy Johnson, Jon Macken, probably best in Championship) in that they have yet to convert a one on one up front - literally, every time they're up their alone with the GK, he either blocks it or the striker decides to run away from goal.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #1443
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Now, an entire backline of the worst team in the league averaged 8 in this game - GK, defense, the whole group. Grr.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #1444
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

I have the digital river download version and need to install it on a different computer. Do I need to unlicense it from this one (if so how?) and where do I find the saved game to transfer?
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:25 AM   #1445
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Now, an entire backline of the worst team in the league averaged 8 in this game - GK, defense, the whole group. Grr.
What instructions do you give your team? - it IS possible that you're making the opposition defense look better than they are by playing in a way which doesn't suit your team.

For instance, if you've a short front line and are pumping high balls to them then they won't win many, similarly if your players can't dribble (or its a muddy pitch regardless of their ability) and you're asking them to then chances are the defenders will pluck the ball off their feet every time.

Similarly with goalkeepers if you always shoot from long range then the keeper will generally deal with the majority of them easily.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #1446
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So, is anyone else a little frustrated with the 2d Engine ? Its getting to the point where I'm starting to believe some of the old batching rumors - opposition goalies are averaging 7.7 with me, and at least one opposition central defender has had an 8 in the vast majority of games. Every one of my 7 losses comes with the quote "Crystal Palace deserved at least a point" . I'd say its my strikers, but I'm tired of how my guys consistently suck up front (Andy Johnson, Jon Macken, probably best in Championship) in that they have yet to convert a one on one up front - literally, every time they're up their alone with the GK, he either blocks it or the striker decides to run away from goal.
I have that problem against every bad team i play....but then i kick all the top-teams asses...so id guess its just your not using the right play style or have been using the formation too long.
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #1447
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci
I have the digital river download version and need to install it on a different computer. Do I need to unlicense it from this one (if so how?) and where do I find the saved game to transfer?

you can have two concurrent installation of the game, so no real need to uninstall this one. As per Graeme Kelly, once posted on the SI forums, here's how to have two concurrent installation of WSM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Kelly on the SI Forums
Here's the reply for the 2 licenses queries:
Quote:
Yes, someone could get 2 licenses (but these are hardware locked). If a
customer wants to install on 2 machines:
1. For Trial: they would first download, use the trial, purchase and it
will be unlocked by autoinjection. To download on another machine, they
would download it again, go to Customer Service in the reminder screen
-> Find My Order -> enter their order ID and the key will be
autoinjected into the second machine.
2. For Direct Purchase: they would first purchase, then download and
the key will be injected immediately after installation. To download on
another machine, they would download it again, go to Customer Service in
the reminder screen -> Find My Order -> enter their order ID and the key
will be autoinjected into the second machine.

As for where the savegame is, it's un "my document". I don't remember exactly, but it's either under "Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006/games" or something like that...

FM
Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #1448
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Yea', I think these kids might do alright for themselves.

~rpi-fan
Old 02-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #1449
Karim
College Starter

I've managed to get Vauxhall Motors promoted from Conference North to League One (3 times) in four years. Each time was through winning the league. I've never made it this far in previous iterations of the game.

I suspose it will get harder but I've been using the same tactics for about 3 seasons. I've been expected to enter some relegation battles each time (media predication), not come close to winning the league. Each time I've been promoted, I've had single-digit losses and the best goal differential in the league.

Has anyone else been using the same tactics season in/season out with success? It seems odd to be able to do so.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:56 AM   #1450
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Has anyone else been using the same tactics season in/season out with success? It seems odd to be able to do so.
This is fairly common in the lower leagues - especially if you either have a tactic based around one or two players who are very talented (compared to the level they're playing at) or around a very physical team.

Once you reach the higher leagues you'll probably find it much harder to maintain this success using that approach however as more strategy is required once you're up against teams who are either physically more capable or who can nullify your star players effectively.

For real-life comparisons while Brighton had Bobby Zamora our style of play was largely 'bustle and hustle' with the aim of giving the ball to Bobby Z and letting him score now and again - this took us from Dvision 2 to the Championship in successive seasons ... however once we reached the Championship while Bobby was still a cut above most strikers at that level him alone wasn't enough for us to continue dominating games ...