Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #1401
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I really think that the at least one Thing laid low yesterday. There was so much discussion from some of us, I agree that Anxiety or WVUFan would be likely candidates at this point.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #1402
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm going home now and probably won't be back on until later tonight, just in case anyone's wondering where I am.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #1403
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Fair enough then. My lack of experience showing through, so you may be right. I may be crazy. But, it just may be a lunatic you're looking for.

-Anxiety

You should be voted just for quoting that lame-ass song.

But actually, I'm curious. As a first time player and not having a prior read on peoples styles, who are you looking at? God knows I'm looking for as much insight as possible....
Old 04-21-2006, 03:47 PM   #1404
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE SWAGGS

Just me throwing shit on the walls again
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #1405
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I voted Barkeep, so that's who I'm looking at.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #1406
Blade6119
Coordinator

To be fair, that was a joke...and im making my vote off of who i would have converted last night working under the assumption he was clean yesterday

UNVOTE SWAGGS
VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

It wont get support, but i wanted to make my feelings known
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #1407
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
To be fair, that was a joke...and im making my vote off of who i would have converted last night working under the assumption he was clean yesterday

UNVOTE SWAGGS
VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

Don't you think this just makes you look like you're gunning for him?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #1408
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and there was a scheduling mix-up at work so I'm home for the night and rarein' to post.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #1409
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Oh and there was a scheduling mix-up at work so I'm home for the night and rarein' to post.

I think you mean goddamn fuckin' ready to post you fuckin' bastards.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #1410
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

UNVOTE SWAGGS
VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

I'm your best suspect at this point? Holy shiznit! Why me and not hoops? I'll gladly be tested, but you're wasting your time here.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #1411
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'll gladly be tested, but you're wasting your time here.

See boys and girls, this is a variant of the whine I mentioned earlier. Make sure you bring your cheese!

-Anxiety

Old 04-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #1412
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Explain Spock.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #1413
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, this is what I meant earlier today by repackaging the information. I'm no longer listing it in the order that corresponds to the player list in Post #1. Instead, I'm listing it in reverse chronological order. The players who were cleared most recently have a lower chance of having been converted based on the idea that there were fewer opportunities to have done this.

I'm also not listing the simple/brilliant stuff because our moderator seemed peeved about this still being a topic of discussion on Day 2. So I have tried to avoid this since then, although it is understandable why Swaggs wanted this as part of his list. I don't think that matters anyways, since I think we are chasing converts anyways. Of course, that notion makes the clearing of Jeebs and I by testing/seer on Day 1/Night 1 pretty much trivial as well - sure we weren't original Things, but if we are chasing three converts that doesn't mean jack.

Dead Things
9. Saldana - confirmed, tested day 2
10. Qwikshot - presumed, night kill day 1
Cleared at one point
13. Coffee Warlord - tested day 3
2. St. Cronin - vouched for by presumed seer, night 3
6. dubb93 - tested day 2
4. Raiders Army - vouched for by seer, night 2
11. Barkeep - presumed, human assassin night 1
1. JeeberD - tested day 1
15. Hoopsguy - vouched for by seer, night 1

Remaining
3. Tanglewood
5. Blade6119
7. Swaggs
8. Path12
12. mckerney
14. Anxiety
16. WVUFAN
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #1414
Raiders Army
Coordinator

So I understand what you're saying, do you think we should shoot for the top list or the bottom list?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #1415
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think the list is a be-all, end-all but I think there is more risk the lower you get on the list because there has been more time for them to be converted.

The next step for me is trying to calculate the relative value vs risk (special role, protected by bodyguard) in converting a person.

It has been really, really quiet this afternoon and I'm not expecting it to pick up on a Friday night. Hopefully there is some point over the weekend where people show up and we can have some conversation.

Until then, I still haven't heard from mckerney or Cronin on why they changed their votes away from Blade late yesterday after being all over him earlier in the day. CW is clearing Cronin, so for the moment I'll give him a little wider berth.

VOTE MCKERNEY
Old 04-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #1416
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I don't think the list is a be-all, end-all but I think there is more risk the lower you get on the list because there has been more time for them to be converted.

The next step for me is trying to calculate the relative value vs risk (special role, protected by bodyguard) in converting a person.

It has been really, really quiet this afternoon and I'm not expecting it to pick up on a Friday night. Hopefully there is some point over the weekend where people show up and we can have some conversation.

Until then, I still haven't heard from mckerney or Cronin on why they changed their votes away from Blade late yesterday after being all over him earlier in the day. CW is clearing Cronin, so for the moment I'll give him a little wider berth.

VOTE MCKERNEY

My reason for the unvote of blade initially was in response to Anxiety posting:

Quote:
Actually, since we've all voted, I beileve that our esteemed GM can call time at any moment.

I didn't want anything called early while Coffee was the leading vote getter. At the time I had intended on putting my vote back on Blade, and when it came time to make my vote it seemed like there wasn't going to be a way for someone other than Coffee Warlord to be tested.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #1417
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Don't you think this just makes you look like you're gunning for him?
Quite Possible...but im trying to think of the things...and discounting a person because they were recently cleared is exactly the person id go after. Not one other person has mentioned RA since the vote results yesterday...just saying, hes no longer cleared and as i expected no longer a suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm your best suspect at this point? Holy shiznit! Why me and not hoops? I'll gladly be tested, but you're wasting your time here.
Actually, i was going to post on hoops tomorrow, but since you bring him up...and this may sound funny:

I suspect him because i have no reason to...i can think of reasons why i should vote for every single player in the game right now except for hoops...and honestly, that scares me to death. Hes too good of a player to be forgotten about, by either side. If CW and RA were clean yesterday, that means we had 2 other(maybe only 1, its possible) converts...so when i think of who makes sense at the beginning of a game(especially if saldana was original) its the respected vets....that means hoops, dubb, and barkeep to me(not counting people cleared since then)...so in my mind im about 75% sure one of those 3 is a thing...at this time though, i dont see myself garnering any real support for whoever i pick after the last vote...so i put you out there to gauge reactions for all the reasons i stated in response to barkeep. Happy with that answer RA?
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2006, 01:51 AM   #1418
Blade6119
Coordinator

*drops a pin to see if he can hear it*....yup
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2006, 05:28 AM   #1419
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Blade, ayup.

Anyhow, I'll be out most of today. Going to see Dad and brother.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #1420
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, the argument you put out there as a potential reason for me as a Thing is a pretty hard one to argue against - possible Thing because I trust him. And I'm not being sarcastic here, as I find myself thinking along the same lines every once in awhile. Ironically, it was in terms of you yesterday ... I had a pretty decent level of trust in you going into Day 3, and as I read through the shitstorm of posts that day I still generally thought you were on the up-and-up, but I would have been just fine with having you end up as the person tested at the end of the day just because I think you could fool me.

If I was a Thing on Night 1 I'm not sure what direction I would go, but I don't think it would be after you, Dubb, or me. Too good a chance of running into a bodyguard and based on the simple/brilliant deal there doesn't seem to be any chance to hit the seer or other special role there.

If I knew that Barkeep was not a Thing, and was saying he was going to kill a player, I would ask myself if I had tipped my hand during the day. If not, then I wouldn't go after him either because he would be using his one-shot power with a pretty low chance of hitting me or my teammate(s). But at least there you know you are going after one of the "special" roles and if you convert him before he kills, and he keeps his "kill power" as a Thing then you talk to the moderator about being able to kill and convert in the same night. Which obviously is a huge bonus.

Blade, if you don't mind - I would love to see a short version of your lists to vote for "every single player in the game". Not a manifesto on each of them, but a quick blurb. We've got three days to work on this vote, so let's see if we can get some real conversation going here.

Mckerney, thanks for responding. The unvote did take place five minutes after he posted (Anxiety post #1147 6:00, mckerney post #1156 6:05) so I think this passes the "sniff" test.

UNVOTE MCKERNEY
Old 04-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #1421
hoopsguy
General Manager

So is the plan to just pick this up on Monday? Weekends are always slow, but this is ridiculous ...
Old 04-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #1422
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So is the plan to just pick this up on Monday? Weekends are always slow, but this is ridiculous ...

Looks like it. I've been fairly busy today and will be very hectic tomorrow, so I won't be very active. Feel free to discuss if you want to though.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #1423
Swaggs
Coordinator

I've got family visiting for the weekend, but will be checking as often as possible.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #1424
Blade6119
Coordinator

1. JeeberD - Cleared on the first day, the highest poster in FOFC but not here(not even close i dont think without looking)...has been relatively quiet after talking quite a bit earlier in the game. I wouldnt think a night one convert, but might make an appealing night 2/3 convert if you want to go after a cleared list conversion strat.
2. st.cronin - Currently cleared by the seer, cronin has played the 3rd wheel attacker quite well(same role dubb played on the other side). He vehemently went after canidate, stated he was SURE i was a thing(im not, fyi ), as well as being quite sure Dubb was a thing as well...the key for me is the test last night. If you assume CW is still clean, you can't vote cronin, today...
3. tanglewood - Ummm, i honestly forgot he was playing...that in itself should be reason enough to suspect him. When people mention UTR they mention anxiety, mckerney, swaggs...dont ever really hear tangle mentioned...he should be, as if a thing hes playing it quite well
4. Raiders Army - Ive stated countless times my arguments against him, which apparently were all incorrect...but then i posted this yesterday about him currently:
Quote:
Quite Possible...but im trying to think of the things...and discounting a person because they were recently cleared is exactly the person id go after. Not one other person has mentioned RA since the vote results yesterday...just saying, hes no longer cleared and as i expected no longer a suspect.

5. Blade6119 - Umm, me...i pushed hard core for RA two days in a row, then swapped late to the seer and got him tested. Voted for barkeep over now confirmed thing saldana. I think you can all give better reasons for me then i can(you must, as i still dont see how i got the votes yesterday other then people didnt like my logic...i didnt see many argument pointing out logic of their own for me...) Im a simple scientist, but just like everyone else i could have been converted. Dont trust me, dont trust anyone...
6. dubb93 - The master of darkness...As a bad guy, hes my most respected player(hoops is when good)...i cant imagine the things dont want people like him on their team, or already have them...for that reason alone hes top 2-3 for me...add that onto his vehement push for CW with me, and his relative quiet since then and its a very suspicious time to be dubb
7. Swaggs - Has seemed UTR to me(yes, like 5-6 UTRs lol)...i might be mistaken but i havent seen too much contribution from him. I dont want to say much as anything i do will be construed as me carrying out an attack on him which i have yet to do, despite him doing that to me...twice... ...you guys can make your own assumptions here, but i think he has been a bit UTR.
8. path12 - UTR to me, but not enough to be UTR. Doing just enough to get noticed, but not too noticed...and just enough to not get noticed, but not enough to get noticed for not being noticed...follow? I dont have much else here, but like hoops that might be the most damning thing about him.
9. saldana - A thing, deader then dead, and went down pretty easily. Meaning the other thing/things didnt want to give themselves up, or, crazily, the other thing could have been his opponent in votes. Saldana and barkeep could have both been things, hence why we didnt see anyone really try to save saldana there. It would make sense, and thats why i still dont trust Barkeep on top of the reasons your going to see below for the next 2 guys
10. Qwikshot - 6 feet under, supposed thing. Though, to be fair, while he was burned to cinders like saldana(assuming barkeep did both with that flamethrower), he still had body parts left that i never saw mentioned in saldanas death...if you suspect qwikshot still, get your head checked...hes dead, but not out of the game in the sense we still dont know if he was a thing. That one simple bit of information has a massive ripple effect on the game depending on the answer. I dont even want to assume what would happen if he wasnt a thing and barkeep was/is.
11. Barkeep49 - Special role, used on night one, killed a thing(we think), things cant be sure he cant do it again, vet, talkative, respected...do you really need more reasons for that why he makes an ideal conversion target(im assuming not night 2 though, he drew unexepected heat day 2, and they wouldnt take a chance...day 3 he was back unsuspected again). Just makes sense from a thing perspective to take out(or convert) a player who could potentially do you more damage. Of course hes going to say its a one time thing, regardless of whether or not it is.
12. mckerney - UTR type i guess, yesterday he was HEAVY on me all day then suddenly backed out at the end. Granted, he explained his actions and hoops says they check out(have yet to check myself). But, things can make calculated actions too. The question you need to ask yourself here is what strategy are the things taking. Convert talkative or quiet players...if you think the later, mckerney is a great option.
13. Coffee Warlord - Seer, 99% confirmed with that test(we know hes clean, technically dont know hes the seer...but i digress). Its gotta be you asking yourself if you think the things took a chance last night on him. Everybody and their mother knows he is the most attractive player to convert right now. Its a question of when, not if. If you think he converted last night, which is quite possible depending on bodyguard actions, then test him. I think going forward, CW will have the best odds of any player of being bad. I cant imagine they will let the seer sat clean and keep scanning. Just too risky.
14. Anxiety - First game, hasnt done too much other then 1-2 long posts a day with a vote at the end....UTR potential, and convert prospect as usually most people give 1st timers a break for awhile. As a thing, you can take advantage of that quiet easily.
15. hoopsguy -
Quote:
Actually, i was going to post on hoops tomorrow, but since you bring him up...and this may sound funny:

I suspect him because i have no reason to...i can think of reasons why i should vote for every single player in the game right now except for hoops...and honestly, that scares me to death. Hes too good of a player to be forgotten about, by either side. If CW and RA were clean yesterday, that means we had 2 other(maybe only 1, its possible) converts...so when i think of who makes sense at the beginning of a game(especially if saldana was original) its the respected vets....that means hoops, dubb, and barkeep to me(not counting people cleared since then)...so in my mind im about 75% sure one of those 3 is a thing...at this time though, i dont see myself garnering any real support for whoever i pick after the last vote...so i put you out there to gauge reactions for all the reasons i stated in response to barkeep. Happy with that answer RA?

16. WVUFAN - Quiet for the first 2 days(missed 2 votes quiet), but then became highly active day three in attacking RA and CW with me. The key in that is he was able to successfully test the seer while not becoming much of a suspect himself(dubb and i took most of the heat, cronin on the other side). If dubb was bad, it makes sense in a save your teamate way. And if i was going to convert, he might make an ideal target. Who would suspect a thing would miss 2 votes? I wouldnt...i actually already used that exact argument to defend him.
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 04-22-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #1425
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, if you don't mind - I would love to see a short version of your lists to vote for "every single player in the game". Not a manifesto on each of them, but a quick blurb. We've got three days to work on this vote, so let's see if we can get some real conversation going here
Do those count as blurbs or manifestos...i tried to keep them short, had to cut out ideas or else it would have been like 20 pages. Mostly just my conspiracy theories, but still
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #1426
Blade6119
Coordinator

Tons of spelling errors, but ill leave them be...just bear with me on them, i got kind of tired of typing near the end of that
Demotivation
Old 04-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #1427
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to have to pull out of the game. Never expected a game with this few players to last as long as this one has, but when you combine the non killing on lynches with no night kills and the fact that Thurday night-Monday night has been one day the entire game it has pushed me up against a wall. I hope to play again shortly and hate to have to bail out of a game I started.

With all that said I'm still clean, and incase a replacement can't be found before the vote deadline I will go ahead and place my vote.

If I haven't been converted I'm going to assume they are going after the quiet ones. With that in mind I'll throw my vote out(if a replacement is found in time feel free to void this vote)....

VOTE Anxiety
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #1428
path12
Coordinator

I hope to post some thoughts tomorrow, but it's supposed to be around 70 here and it looks like my honey-do list is going to be somewhat substantial. I should also be around late tonight, whether or not in any condition to post is still up in the air....
Old 04-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #1429
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

VOTE Anxiety

My second vote ever! Thanks Dubb!!!

-Anxiety

Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #1430
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, lets see if we can get the ball rolling again a little bit between now and Monday:

Current votes:
Barkeep - Anxiety (1331)
Anxiety - WVUFAN (1365), Dubb (1427)
Raiders Army - Blade (1406)
Old 04-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #1431
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so if we are going after three converts, then it should be easier to figure out who the older converts are than the newer converts, correct?

There had to be a Thing alive with Saldana when he died, or else the game was over, so that is where I'm turning my attention now.

Post #417 was my list of votes prior to the deadline. In Post #418, Path changes his vote to Saldana to break the tie (with Barkeep) 45 minutes before the deadline.

Here is a recap, for those who don't want to go look up a post that is buried in the thread from early last week:

Dubb - JeeberD (261)
Barkeep - Blade (282), Cronin (343), Anxiety (378), Saldana (408)
Saldana - Barkeep (331), Raiders (375), mckerney (385), Hoopsguy (386), path (418)
Hoopsguy - Dubb (382), Coffee (388)
Old 04-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #1432
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going off of this list, here is what we know about people on that day:

Note - "no info" means that they have not been cleared at any point in the game by blood test or seer scan.

JeeberD - vote Dubb. Cleared Day 1 by blood test, could have been converted Night 1
Blade - Voted Barkeep. No info.
Cronin - Voted Barkeep. Cleared Night 3 by Coffee Warlord
Anxiety - Voted Barkeep. No info.
Saldana - Voted Barkeep. Dead Thing.
Barkeep - Voted Saldana. No info.
Raiders - Voted Saldana. Cleared Night 2 by Coffee Warlord
mckerney - Voted Saldana. No info.
Hoospguy - Voted Saldana. Cleared Night 1 by Coffee Warlord but could have been converted later that night.
Path - Voted Saldana. No info.
Dubb - Voted Hoopsguy. Cleared Day 2 by blood test.
Coffee Warlord - Voted Hoopsguy. Cleared Day 3 by blood test.
Swaggs - No vote. No info.
WVUFAN - No vote. No info.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #1433
hoopsguy
General Manager

Add Tanglewood - No vote. No info.

OK, so the people who voted for Saldana on this day strike me as people unlikely to have been Night 1 conversions. They would have had a chance to extend the life of a Thing. Doesn't mean they haven't been converted since then, but we don't have any other vote where we understand the ramifications at the moment (player vs player = no real ramifications, player vs Thing not getting enough votes to test = obvious ramifications).

Short list - JeeberD, Blade, Anxiety, Swaggs, WVUFAN, Tanglewood.

I think one of these people was the Night 1 convert and there is a chance that another person on this list could have been converted since that time.

The other person to consider here is Barkeep. If he was a Thing (original or Night 1 convert) then they voted for each other and let the actual scientists decide who was going down on that day. I consider this scenario more remote than the list above, as I believe that Barkeep did start with the role he has indicated and was on our side for Day 2 at the very least.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #1434
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Technically that's not a short list, hoops.

Based on the D2V1 votes, I'm going to:

VOTE JEEBERD

He sticks out there as voting for a revealed scientist (dubb). Although dubb and Coffee voted for a revealed scientist (you), they have been cleared. I'm not married to this vote, since it seems like a head-fake by the Things to have converted the guy we cleared that same night. It's not necessarily what we think they think we would think about the conversion target for Night 1.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #1435
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I like the JeeberD train. He's had basically no serious scrutiny since the D1 vote and it seems that at some point he might make sense to convert. Dunno.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #1436
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would love to do more, but it seems so silly since there are changes in people and we don't know how often or who. The typical villager tools are pretty much useless and I can't think of new ones to compensate for the game at this point.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #1437
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Dubb

Wanted to do it last time, I'll try again.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #1438
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I agree that it is a struggle coming up with ways to really go after people this game. Kind of fun in an Engima puzzle kind of way, but right now it also feels kind of random. I would hope that if we played with these rules a few times that some strategies would emerge but I don't know what they are.

I think the next thing I'll look at is voting records for that pseudo-short list and see if we have someone who is repeatedly voting for known scientist - at the time of the vote, of course ...

If anyone has any better ideas I'm certainly willing to listen.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #1439
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #609 is my voting re-cap from Day 2, Session 2. But there was some confusion over the final totals. I think Blade is the only one on this list where there is some confusion.

Post #1244 is my votin re-cap from Day 3 (Session 1 of 1).

JeeberD - Day 2:2 Dubb (cleared by blood test that day). Day 3 Dubb.

Blade - Day 2:2 Raiders (seer view Night 2 - was attempting to move vote to Dubb to avoid potential tie, see Post #594). Day 3 Coffee Warlord (cleared by blood test that day).

Anxiety - Day 2:2 Tanglewood. Day 3 Blade

Swaggs - Day 2:2 Jeeber. Day 3 Coffee Warlord (cleared by blood test that day).

WVUFAN - Day 2:2 No vote. Day 3 Coffee Warlord (cleared by blood test that day).

Tanglewood - Day 2:2 Dubb (cleared by blood test that day). Day 3 Coffee Warlord (cleared by blood test that day)

Looking at this, Anxiety is the only one not to vote for a known villager. Of course, this may only indicate that he is voting for minority candidates who haven't been proven by CW either.

Blade is the only person to vote for two cleared villagers - cleared on the day that he voted for them, anyways.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #1440
hoopsguy
General Manager

I find it interesting we have such a strong correlation between people who didn't vote for Saldana and who did vote for Coffee Warlord.

In fact, the only person who voted for Saldana on Day 2:1 and Coffee Warlord on Day 3 was Path.

The alternate candidates to Coffee Warlord (6 votes) on Day 3 were Dubb (4 votes) and Cronin (3 votes). Dubb was cleared on Day 2:2 via blood test and Cronin was cleared via CW on Night 3. Basically Coffee and Blade got votes early that day, with later votes moving off of Blade over to Dubb and Cronin late. Tanglewood has the latest vote on CW (6th), but basically all the Dubb and Cronin votes had not been cast at this time.

Tanglewood, Post #1125
Quote:
Vote Coffee Warlord

Just checked back a page for a vote count and if I voted for Blade, which I don't want to do anyway, it would cause a tie.

If a late, late, late bandwagon is willing to on Barkeep I will switch to him.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #1441
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So hoops you see anxiety as a vote? He's gotten some attention today.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #1442
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, want to bounce this idea off people ... is the "no Saldana Day 2:1 and CW Day 3" angle worth pursuing, given that there was likely only one Thing out there with Saldana (who obviously wasn't voting for himself)?

I had started putting a decent amount of energy into this, but backed off because upon further review it didn't seem likely to yield us any kind of Thing grouping on Day 3. The only way the two of them were voting together is if one of their numbers was threatened. Otherwise they would spread out. And even if they were voting together there is no strong reason to believe that the converted Thing was one of the people who didn't vote for Saldana on Day 2:1.

After going around on that, I think this was just a weird voting anomaly. But if people think this is worth looking at more then I'll go back and run an AlanT style vote listing of all votes/unvotes from that cycle.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #1443
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I think if Anxiety is a Thing he would have been a Night 2 convert. That is the one time that the Things were on the run and basically had to make sure they picked a guy that wasn't guarded. By Night 3 they basically would have had their pick of the litter with the likely exception of Coffee.

Honestly, I'm closer to voting for Blade or Tanglewood. Both of those guys have double-voted for cleared villagers while Anxiety has yet to end up voting for a cleared villager. And there was some momentum around Blade that may have forced Thing movement towards CW on Day 3. The Things didn't really care about testing CW versus another scientist after he had come out with his reveal. I'm sure they were ecstatic to get the reveal, but they obviously knew that he would show up as a human just like everyone other scientist.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #1444
path12
Coordinator

This just seems to get muddier by the day, and we don't have a lot of days left before we're oversaturated with things. You can't take long term voting patterns into account, so although hoops' recaps do help (and thanks for putting them out there), I'm not sure it is where our focus should be.

In other words, to me the question isn't "who are all the things?", but I think we might have better luck asking "who got converted yesterday?".

Taking that tack, the elephant in the room is CW. Is there a bodyguard? Did he protect CW? Would the things take that risk last night? (I doubt it). So who else? Maybe one of the quieter players then, maybe Anxiety (first game, might not get too suspected), WVU or mckerney? Or someone who was cleared early like Jeeber (who has been able to not generate a lot of attention after his first test) or dubb? One of the vets? Hell, I don't know.

Right now, I like the idea of one of Jeeber or Dubb being last night's conversion target. They've been mostly free of heavy suspicion since their clear, which in and of itself makes sense.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #1445
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm good with voting for Blade as well. I think the Thing(s) either converted Jeebs or Blade on night 1. I don't like Blade's voting history.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #1446
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, what is the plan with Dubb over the next few days? Are you going to look for a place-holder for him? Or a full-time replacement?

There was a post in another thread (MMA thread in dynasties) that suggested he will be back on Thursday, although I don't know if this is accurate or not ...
Old 04-23-2006, 09:02 PM   #1447
Schmidty
Coordinator

I don't know right now. I'm really disappointed that I've already had to make two replacements already, and almost a third.

I'll ask other people if they'll take over, but if they won't, I'm not sure what I'll do. I might have to add a power or something to the side that he leaves.

By the way, if anyone else is thinking about leaving, let me RIGHT AWAY. If I get another person leaving, I'll likely just fold the game even though I think it's been fun so faer
Old 04-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #1448
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well something needs to kickstart this discussion which has been lamer then a orangutan humper this weekend so I will

Vote Anxiety
Old 04-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #1449
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, any reason for the Anxiety vote beyond the "Things converting the quiet ones, so I'll guess this quiet one" or him voting for you first?

Vote count as of Post #1448:

Barkeep - Anxiety (1331)
Anxiety - WVUFAN (1365), Dubb (1427), Barkeep (1448)
Raiders Army - Blade (1406)
Jeeber - Raiders (1434)
Dubb - Coffee (1437)

Not voted: Jeeber, Cronin, mckerney, hoopsguy, Path, Swaggs, Tanglewood
Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #1450
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think Jeebs makes for a pretty attractive target for the Things. Cleared on Day 1, possible special role (more likely than the simple/brilliant group, anyways), and less likely to have been guarded on Nights 2 and 3. He has been UTR, but he is always around the site and would be able to post if one of their members was in trouble.

VOTE JEEBERD