Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #1401
hoopsguy
General Manager

End of Night 3, start of Day 4

Although the infernal storms have not abated, the weather is not as downright miserable as it was the last two nights. It seems that the Egyptians have fallen into a comfortable night routine while awaiting the start of the next day and the countdown to the sacrifice. On this night, however, a call is sent up from the Pharaoh's quarters! Everyone gathers outside as order is restored. A quick head count reveals that everyone is still here! Praise to Osiris!

Day 4 has begun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #1402
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah to less death!

I eagerly await finding out what this meant. But in the mean time I get to reveal that somebody out there likes me: I now own a scarab.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #1403
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Cool! Catching up now. What do you guys make of that call from the Pharoah's quarters? And how did you get the scarab, Barkeep?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:05 AM   #1404
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Cool! Catching up now. What do you guys make of that call from the Pharoah's quarters? And how did you get the scarab, Barkeep?
I don't want to get to into it except that it was passed to me.

Imagine your scare though knowing that hoops is working on the results. You refresh the board to see if they're up and you have a PM. You click on your box and see that it is indeed from hoops with the ominous title "Night 3". I thought for sure I was dead at that point. But no it's just the message about the scarab. PHEW!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #1405
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Yeah I'm ok with a 1 minute leeway for edits, especially at 5:35 in the morning.
Ive done it before and gotten yelled out. I think the rules are well known, no editing of any type. Morning or not. Im not attacking qwik, just reinforcing the rules.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 AM   #1406
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot

On the game, still no real outcomes, it was fortuitous that Pass didn't get killed, and in the end getting a ceremonial dagger, I'm betting that hampers further attacks from that assassin.

Since it wasn't successful we know that the baddies are still not a cohesive unit so that's good.

These are two good points. At least, there's one baddie out there that's a likely loner. At this point, if any two know each other, those two have no reason to try a solo kill.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #1407
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ive done it before and gotten yelled out. I think the rules are well known, no editing of any type. Morning or not. Im not attacking qwik, just reinforcing the rules.

You can instruct without yelling...I didn't even realize it till you pointed it out...but I will say this, if I accidently do it again, I'll pull out of the game...It's amazing though, I never could feel invective over the internet till I read your posts...

"I'm like a racecar and I'm in the red, and I'm just saying, I might blow." to paraphrase Vincent Vega

-and a side note after watching Resivoir Dogs...does anyone think that Vinnie Vega (Mr. Blonde) and Vincent Vega are supposed to be related? Or maybe even the same character concept? Both die the same way, massive array of bullets to the guts...truly a question to rival how they built the pyramids (see I had a tie-in to the game)...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #1408
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Qwikshot, do no edit posts...you know better then that
Thats yelling, qwik? Im sorry, but i dont see where i was the ass your making me out to be. Im not trying to start anything, just figure out what i said you took offense to other then saying not to edit your posts
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #1409
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thats yelling, qwik? Im sorry, but i dont see where i was the ass your making me out to be. Im not trying to start anything, just figure out what i said you took offense to other then saying not to edit your posts

Only the sphinx knows the answer, and he isn't telling...

I've moved on...no beef, and I'm not further returning to it...

to quote Garth, "Game on!"
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #1410
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Actually, I've realized why it did edit...for some reason my work console doesn't hold the password anymore when I come onto the board...it's causing some of my posts to dump before I can send them...

curious...

for as much as Blade irritates me at times I have this MacReady/Childs thing ("The Thing") trust/distrust...I don't think he's bad, but he's a dick about it

Long as he's not the Quaker Oats guy, I'm okay

MacReady: Why don't we just wait here for a little while... see what happens?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #1411
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, I've realized why it did edit...for some reason my work console doesn't hold the password anymore when I come onto the board...it's causing some of my posts to dump before I can send them...

curious...

for as much as Blade irritates me at times I have this MacReady/Childs thing ("The Thing") trust/distrust...I don't think he's bad, but he's a dick about it

Long as he's not the Quaker Oats guy, I'm okay

MacReady: Why don't we just wait here for a little while... see what happens?
WHAT AM I BEING A DICK ABOUT?? You keep bringing it up, and i dont see anything i said that was bad...i thought you said you just dropped it, yet here you are.

What did i say that soo offended you that you keep calling me names?

I dont want to fight, but you keep making comments that i dont think i warranted.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #1412
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Blade's in my circle of trust, unless he kills me tonight

When you look at it, we've got Dubb, path, sun and unless pass is making an elaborate trap...getting nearly killed puts him on my "cleared list"
Second tier for me...guys like bar, ty, blade and maybe coffee
Questionable...saldana, chubb, bullet

But all is subject to change...

"I'm ready for my closeup Mr.Demile"
Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #1413
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Alright - that's it. Enough cheering. Every single game, its you and cheering.

Vote st. cronin

-Anxiety

P.S. -

woo hoo

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:45 AM   #1414
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
woo hoo

indiana jones is that you?

btw - can you all tell that my migraine is gone...

"Snakes! I hate snakes!"
Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #1415
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I would replace saldana with tangle, but i agree these three are all fairly high on my list right now.

So, do we kill the foreign guy in tangle or one of the rooks?
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #1416
saldana
Pro Starter

another night, another morning with no dead body...i guess now we wait to see if anyone got jumped during the night.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #1417
Barkeep49
Coordinator

FYI I wil likely be a low participating person today.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #1418
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Blade's in my circle of trust, unless he kills me tonight

When you look at it, we've got Dubb, path, sun and unless pass is making an elaborate trap...getting nearly killed puts him on my "cleared list"
Second tier for me...guys like bar, ty, blade and maybe coffee

But all is subject to change...

"I'm ready for my closeup Mr.Demile"

If we can have some way to verify Pass's statement then I would agree. Right now all I have seen is some word that Pass was attacked and found a dagger after he fought off the attacker. There was no mention of it from hoops in the night summary that evening, no commotion, no noise no calling for help. He actually made it sound like it was a very peaceful night.

What better way to explain how you ended up with all the stolen money than "I fought off the bank robbers who attacked me!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing accusations at Pass yet, I just don't think it is fully safe to allow someone to clear themselves without any verification from anyone else.

A second note about Blade.. I had been watching him the past few days and felt uneasy with his different game play this game. He had seemed to be more apologetic earlier in day 1, was quieter and not much of an instegator.

This morning I don't feel as much concern about Blade anymore!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #1419
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok just catching up. nobody attacked or spied on me last night (no necro would, im going to be hanged in a day or 2 anyways). glad to see noone was killed last night. i wont be on this morning, going to watch the US soccer game
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #1420
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think the attack could've just been overeagerness...I think that is a rookie mistake, or a fit of desperation...the baddies must be sweating it trying to find each other...

I really think pass wouldn't press upon himself to give up the ceremonial dagger (if it's a possessable item) if he was bad.

Hasn't Tangle ever been fully active in games? I'm all for removing the bar, especially when bek was as quiet and it would've been a terrible snake in the grass...

"We all gonna be like three little fonzies...and what's fonzie like, Yolanda?"
"c-cool?"
"That's right...we gonna do it cool"

btw---doesn't anyone think that "Resivoir Dogs" fits the werewolf mode? I mean you got 5 unknowns, only knowing them by colors...and Joe in the end, picks up on who the bad guy (good guy?) is even to the disbelief of Mr. White...and Mr. Orange's protestations...

"He was the only one I wasn't 100% on..."

That's why I'll:

Vote Tangle

Input is everything, I'm going to beat to that drum too being more involved...subject to change pending further info...
Old 06-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #1421
SnDvls
Pro Starter

nothing new from me this morning either, but I"m not suprised
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 AM   #1422
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Not Very Active:
Tanglewood (20)
Qwikshot (21)

Input, huh?
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #1423
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So presumably at least one other person got a scarab. It would be nice if they came forward as it would, perhaps, help us figure out which is a cursed and which is a protection one. Either way I will likely use mine tonight.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #1424
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Input, huh?

Touche, but I /did/ state I was sick the past few days...and I'm now becoming more involved...c'mon Childs...read!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #1425
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So presumably at least one other person got a scarab. It would be nice if they came forward as it would, perhaps, help us figure out which is a cursed and which is a protection one. Either way I will likely use mine tonight.

assuming there was only one necro initiate, your scarab is the only one, and is from the enchanter....bek couldnt have passed one last night since he was dead already.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #1426
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Qwikshot 32
kingfc22 29
Schmidty 24
Lathum 23
tanglewood 20

This is a more recent set for you....

btw another good movie that reminds me of werewolf..."Usual Suspects"...I gotta watch that again...

Verbal: You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught, and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me. After that... my guess is you'll never hear from him again.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #1427
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
assuming there was only one necro initiate, your scarab is the only one, and is from the enchanter....bek couldnt have passed one last night since he was dead already.

Rereading the rules, I'm sure that this is the protection one (per saldana's theory)...and that dubb is safe from harm for the evening...which I believe brings us to day 3 and the potential for him to read another line (this is not a request to do it, since I believe he can only do it a limited number of times)...

However, if it is the cursed scarab then I would think that a seer could verify (not asking to do it since it does waste a night scan)...

"Who's bike is this?"
"It's a chopper baby..."
"Who's chopper is this?"
"Zed's"
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead..."

I'm feeling good about things...I think we have some strong leads...
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #1428
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rereading the rules, I'm sure that this is the protection one (per saldana's theory)...and that dubb is safe from harm for the evening...which I believe brings us to day 3 and the potential for him to read another line (this is not a request to do it, since I believe he can only do it a limited number of times)...

However, if it is the cursed scarab then I would think that a seer could verify (not asking to do it since it does waste a night scan)...

"Who's bike is this?"
"It's a chopper baby..."
"Who's chopper is this?"
"Zed's"
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead..."

I'm feeling good about things...I think we have some strong leads...

You mean barkeep here and not dubbs right? Since Barkeep received it, I would think he has the scarab of protection. Reading the rules, it looks like Barkeep can either use it or pass it (back to the person, or on to someone else maybe?)

Saldana has an interesting point, if we were to assume that there was only one Initiate, then there would logically only be one scarab out there. I think now after the fact, I kind of wish we had used this some to verify another good guy since the chances of the enchanter being around 4 more days to do it again isn't something super strong to bank on. Can't do that now, but I think it is safe to say if no one else got a scarab then Saldana is right here and its safe to use barkeep.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #1429
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

according to post 1, the only people that can determine if something is cursed or not cursed are the enchanter and the initiate (at least one of whom is dead)
Old 06-22-2006, 10:00 AM   #1430
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
according to post 1, the only people that can determine if something is cursed or not cursed are the enchanter and the initiate (at least one of whom is dead)

First off, there may be more than one initiate, we did say potentially 5 baddies...

Secondly...the cursed scarab I believe changes auras, we know dubb to be good...thus if a seer would scan him, he would show up, bad...at least that is what I thought by the rules...

Neo "Woah"
Old 06-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #1431
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wait Wait, how is dubbs involved? Barkeep got the scarab.. or did I miss something?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #1432
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
You mean barkeep here and not dubbs right? Since Barkeep received it, I would think he has the scarab of protection. Reading the rules, it looks like Barkeep can either use it or pass it (back to the person, or on to someone else maybe?)

Saldana has an interesting point, if we were to assume that there was only one Initiate, then there would logically only be one scarab out there. I think now after the fact, I kind of wish we had used this some to verify another good guy since the chances of the enchanter being around 4 more days to do it again isn't something super strong to bank on. Can't do that now, but I think it is safe to say if no one else got a scarab then Saldana is right here and its safe to use barkeep.

my bad...my bad...I thought it was dubb...this is what you get being half awake reading...so that means whoever created it /knew/ that barkeep was valuable enough to give it too...

I guess I'm adding another to my solid list...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #1433
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Wait Wait, how is dubbs involved? Barkeep got the scarab.. or did I miss something?

See above post, I mixed bar with dubb...my apologies...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #1434
st.cronin
General Manager

getting lynched on day 2 is RUINING my post count

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #1435
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, running a game isn't helping mine out as much as a normal game of WW either
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #1436
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well that was a good 24 hr. span. Not only did we kill a necromancer, but they have still yet to have a night kill and our circle of trust is growing.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #1437
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm a little worried about there being more than one initiate, and that an initiate might have passed the cursed scarab to Barkeep. Does anyone else have a scarab? That might help us shed some light on this. I doubt there would be two initiates, and no enchanters, so if there are no other scarabs, it's probably one initiate (Bek) and one enchanter.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #1438
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Well that was a good 24 hr. span. Not only did we kill a necromancer, but they have still yet to have a night kill and our circle of trust is growing.
Im sorry to be the pessimist here, but we have 0 confirmed good guys...not one..just a lot of different people making claims that no one can verify or corraborate...
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #1439
Barkeep49
Coordinator

See I've never been convinced that there's just one initiate. Though if no one else comes forward that would seem to be the case.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:09 AM   #1440
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I'm a little worried about there being more than one initiate, and that an initiate might have passed the cursed scarab to Barkeep. Does anyone else have a scarab? That might help us shed some light on this. I doubt there would be two initiates, and no enchanters, so if there are no other scarabs, it's probably one initiate (Bek) and one enchanter.

Now, assuming that Barkeep received a scarab from the enchanter, that doesn't really give me any trust in him -- it actually raises Chubby, since he was the one who mentioned that Barkeep was in his circle of trust. So my circle of trust, which is flimsy, is Chubby, dubb, and SnDvls, but even them I have my eye on. My highest suspicions are Barkeep (pushing for role reveals on ruling class for no good reason) and saldana (bandwagon off Bek -- admitting it makes him look suspicious doesn't clear him).
Old 06-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #1441
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
See I've never been convinced that there's just one initiate. Though if no one else comes forward that would seem to be the case.

So are you saying that YOU don't even know what kind of scarab it is? You don't have to say who it was, but do you even know who passed it to you?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #1442
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Im sorry to be the pessimist here, but we have 0 confirmed good guys...not one..just a lot of different people making claims that no one can verify or corraborate...

Unless dubb is trying to pull off a huge play this early in the game, I for one, tend to believe he and Sndvls to be good. Also, I'm pretty sure Pass is good since he survived an apparent attack.

Yea, I can't say for 100% certainty that they are good, but I have them above 70% which is good enough for me at this point in the game.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #1443
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Unless dubb is trying to pull off a huge play this early in the game, I for one, tend to believe he and Sndvls to be good. Also, I'm pretty sure Pass is good since he survived an apparent attack.

Yea, I can't say for 100% certainty that they are good, but I have them above 70% which is good enough for me at this point in the game.
For anyone else, id say i agree. But Dubb makes massive moves like this when he is bad. He does not avoid the spotlight when he is bad.

As for pass, nothing in hoop's post made it sound like on night 2 anyone was attacked. On night 3, last night, its obvious someone was targeted. Its odd that night two a similar message was not given, no?
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #1444
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
As for pass, nothing in hoop's post made it sound like on night 2 anyone was attacked. On night 3, last night, its obvious someone was targeted. Its odd that night two a similar message was not given, no?

Pass said he got a PM from hoops. So are you saying he is making that up?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #1445
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass said he got a PM from hoops. So are you saying he is making that up?
I think a lot about his story doesnt sit well with me, so yes.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #1446
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you look at the rules you will see that only the enchanter and initiate can tell what kind of scarab it is. As for the other information, I am keeping it close to the vest.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #1447
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I think a lot about his story doesnt sit well with me, so yes.

Do you have any opinion on Lathum's story?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #1448
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I assure you. I was attacked by a necromancer on Night 2. I'm not making it up. I don't really expect it to clear me, since it seems easy for me to be making it up. Just don't make it something that ADDS suspicion to me.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #1449
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you have any opinion on Lathum's story?
I find it highly odd no one else has come forward and claimed to be scanned as well. I havent been scanned that i know of, so lathum claiming this seems odd. But if he was really scanned it would be by a bad guy, and if he was bad then he would tell us. I think lathums story is one i dont understand yet, unless hes bad and slipped up thinking others who werent bad could corroborate his story.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #1450
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I find it highly odd no one else has come forward and claimed to be scanned as well. I havent been scanned that i know of, so lathum claiming this seems odd. But if he was really scanned it would be by a bad guy, and if he was bad then he would tell us. I think lathums story is one i dont understand yet, unless hes bad and slipped up thinking others who werent bad could corroborate his story.

Maybe someone else scanned on Night 2 was inactive? Could it have been Bek? I think he was the only one who didn't post at all on Night 2.