Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Have you disclosed your role yet?

Yep, I'm the baker.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #1402
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Rum, however it turns out today I'm glad you have a chance to speak during the day cycle. I took no enjoyment out of casting a lynch vote with the thought that you might not be here to defend yourself, but hoped that others might emerge who could/would help your cause.

Very prophetic of you. You posted this at 12:12 (pst) and Rum posted at 12:15 that he called in sick. Hmmm.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #1403
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just got hame and I have to go right back out. I think we have to gain some info and it seems lynching gramm is the way to go at this point.

LYNCH GRAMM

I am curious why all those people were at GE's house, I was only able to skim the thread, can anyone give me a quick write up why there was so much activity there?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #1404
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- CR really has no defense but lynching 2 villegars scares me right now.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #1405
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You will need to, or you will have to kill me. You are confusing my role with my allegiance. Whomever I come into contact with, I will likely "corrupt" because of the nature of my role. But the goal isn't getting into Heaven here. It's to catch the cowboys. The fact I am a bit seedy may mean some long confessionals to the Preacher from some, but that doesn't mean I am swinging things to the cowboys. They are a whole different sort of corruption, one which is actively trying to bring you down.

As for "Saldana the Sheriff", remember this guy was removed from office after making a questionable move or two. I wouldn't exactly put him on a pedestal. And where would you NOT want a cowboy? How about the powerful office in town, the sheriff? My move was plain and simple: protect the town by uncovering if our sheriff was in cahoots with the bad guys.

A questionable move after you met with him. I don't think interfering with the sheriff is what we would want to do.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #1406
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- CR really has no defense but lynching 2 villegars scares me right now.

I actually forgot you were still in the game
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #1407
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, he (Rum) was lurking for ten minutes before I posted that message. I put it there half as a reminder to myself for later in the event that he didn't post - that he was in here for longer than a glance at the thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #1408
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Hoops, when did ntn visit you?

Based on my PM it was before the fireworks at GoldenEagle's home.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #1409
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
A questionable move after you met with him. I don't think interfering with the sheriff is what we would want to do.

Except I wasn't interfering with the sheriff. That's how saldana put it. I was just trying to get some information. I didn't think it would interfere with his duties at all. I didn't even know what saldana was going to do that night. Why would I want to interfere with him doing something when I don't even know what that would have been?

I have explained why I chose saldana multiple times now. I guess if you won't believe me, you just won't.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #1410
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts, he (Rum) was lurking for ten minutes before I posted that message. I put it there half as a reminder to myself for later in the event that he didn't post - that he was in here for longer than a glance at the thread.

Makes sense. But I'm all for lynching anyone who was at the scene last night. Chubby has spilled info every night that he was out. I think the cowboys will kill him eventually. Why is bullet outside at night? Is GE's house near the bar? No idea why you (hoops) were there, yet ntn says he trusts you (to some degree).

We need to start lynching people who are suspicious or we're never going to get anywhere. Hell, if you think I'm suspicious, lynch me.

Chief Rum could have converted saldana on night 2 (there was no kill). He is very suspicious, hang em high!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #1411
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, I didn't know hoops saw that I was there (I was catching up on the morning posts). I assumed he was talking about my return before the deadline, which I had already talked about. I did think it was funny (in a haha way) that he posted that and there I was. I should have put two and two together.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #1412
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No idea why you (hoops) were there, yet ntn says he trusts you (to some degree).

I've been wondering this myself.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #1413
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Makes sense. But I'm all for lynching anyone who was at the scene last night. Chubby has spilled info every night that he was out. I think the cowboys will kill him eventually. Why is bullet outside at night? Is GE's house near the bar? No idea why you (hoops) were there, yet ntn says he trusts you (to some degree).

We need to start lynching people who are suspicious or we're never going to get anywhere. Hell, if you think I'm suspicious, lynch me.

Chief Rum could have converted saldana on night 2 (there was no kill). He is very suspicious, hang em high!!

Does this game even have "convert" powers? I am not sure it does (although it is complicated). I certainly don't. My night action was to seek information, which I was rebuffed from getting.

And, yes, actually, since you want to lynch me, I do find you highly suspicious. Cowboys will want to see villagers hanged, and you haven't said much this game--kind of UTR for an experienced player such as yourself.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #1414
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I've been wondering this myself.

This is the point in the game where hoops comes up with some role information that makes him very important to us. Whether it is made up or not, is for us to figure out. Once he reveals that he is very important, and we find out that he is still alive a few days later (not a victim of th wolves), we finally figure out that he is one of them.

Or not. What do you think?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #1415
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Why was hoops and chubby at GE's house again? And why are we not sending them both to jail?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #1416
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Why was hoops and chubby at GE's house again? And why are we not sending them both to jail?

ntn says he trusts hoops and since we all elected him and have trust in him that is good enough for me currently. I think we need to look closer at the chiefrum-saldana relationship and the only way to do this may be to lynch chiefrum.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #1417
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

since I have to run and it doesn't look like we are onna get anymore from CR

lynch chiefrum
Old 10-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #1418
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't like the guys who haven't contributed much to all of the information gathering. There are some folks who haven't really contributed much of anything. I can't imagine a villager playing the game that way.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #1419
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Does this game even have "convert" powers? I am not sure it does (although it is complicated). I certainly don't. My night action was to seek information, which I was rebuffed from getting.

And, yes, actually, since you want to lynch me, I do find you highly suspicious. Cowboys will want to see villagers hanged, and you haven't said much this game--kind of UTR for an experienced player such as yourself.

Thanks. I usually don't find people "highly" suspicious until they've done something in the game.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #1420
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I don't like the guys who haven't contributed much to all of the information gathering. There are some folks who haven't really contributed much of anything. I can't imagine a villager playing the game that way.

like who?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #1421
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, I agree with you that we need to lynch people to start putting value with the information we have. I stated as much and backed that view up with my votes up to this point. The only reason not to lynch is when there are multiple sources backing someone (Day 1 - Lathum). In that instance we established relationships (NTN had same experience at Anxiety's place, Anxiety demonstrated his role) that should have value going forward.

But I haven't seen any 3rd party willing to vouch for CR or Gramm, so I think the greater value comes from the lynch, the associated info, and removing the distraction surrounding their involvement in the game if they are not able to find a spot within trust lists over a period of days.

Is this cold and callous? Yep. But it is also a part of just about every werewolf game - that you take shots, learn from your mistakes, and when you miss hope that the information gained in the process allows for a better shot the following day.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #1422
Fouts
College Starter

Gramm and Chubby are tired. Chubby has explained why. Has Gramm told us what he is doing out at night?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #1423
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This is the point in the game where hoops comes up with some role information that makes him very important to us. Whether it is made up or not, is for us to figure out. Once he reveals that he is very important, and we find out that he is still alive a few days later (not a victim of th wolves), we finally figure out that he is one of them.

Or not. What do you think?

I think he has played a reactive game instead of his usual proactive game. I believe I want to go through his posts when I get a chance this evening.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #1424
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
like who?

You, path, and Racer.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #1425
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I think he has played a reactive game instead of his usual proactive game. I believe I want to go through his posts when I get a chance this evening.

Exactly. Hoops is 3rd on my lynch list. I considered posting a lynch order that contained everyone in the game, but that would only piss everyone off.

This is the wild west, lets get to stringin' people up!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #1426
SnDvls
Pro Starter

we need some shootouts quickly if we end up hangin two villagers
Old 10-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #1427
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
You, path, and Racer.

How much info do you want the school teacher, baker and whatever role racer is to spill? If there is a gunfight at the school house, I will let everyone know exactly what happened.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #1428
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

When are the duels starting? I am all for bullet to take hoops outside.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #1429
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, I always tend to think I have an important role in the game Even when the role itself doesn't support the notion.

I was out last night looking to obtain information on another player who I expect (based on my PM) lived in the same area as GoldenEagle. I would prefer not to reveal who the person was, as I believe I will have to return there at some later point in the game to clear/damn them.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #1430
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
we need some shootouts quickly if we end up hangin two villagers

I'm not sure what this means.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #1431
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You, path, and Racer.

Is that as opposed to all the information you've provided? Are you still pissed about getting questioned a couple days ago or what? You've been pointing fingers at me and Fouts ever since.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #1432
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

bullet is probably in the alley sleeping it off, or maybe he is puking.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #1433
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure what this means.

you know from the rules, duels, shootouts.

if we end up hanging 2 townies/villagers I hope some of the people who can make people duel do it.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #1434
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
you know from the rules, duels, shootouts.

if we end up hanging 2 townies/villagers I hope some of the people who can make people duel do it.

Yeah, I know what the shootouts are, but why are you making it dependant on if we end up hanging 2 people?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #1435
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I know what the shootouts are, but why are you making it dependant on if we end up hanging 2 people?

it's not dependent on it, but if we end up lynching 2 townies today I think it could help us.

if we end up lynching 2 cowboys I really don't see a reason to do it yet.

if we end up lynching 1 cowboy I don't see a reason to do it yet

if we end up lynching 1 villager/townie....?? guess it's up to those that have the power.

I'm just saying we have a lot of information/misinformation floating out there and since it takes 2 days to lynch it would clear up a lot of info especially if we end up down 2 villagers/townies today.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #1436
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I am playing a more reactive game than usual. Sometimes circumstances dictate changes in play.

In games where I have role-revealed early it has usually been because I took a lot of shots early in a game and attracted a lot of heat from the villagers. So in order to avoid being lynched, I would come out with my role.

With jail as an intermediate step, I would prefer to maintain some level of secrecy as I collect information. Put me in the clink and I'll tell you guys the role and mechanics behind it. Shoot me in the street and you will find out the role, but not how it works.

Or, and here is an idea, just give me a chance to actually get the information that I am looking for - at that time I'm just about positive that I'll be in everyone's CoT and not just the Sheriff's.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #1437
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Path, I am playing a more reactive game than usual. Sometimes circumstances dictate changes in play.

In games where I have role-revealed early it has usually been because I took a lot of shots early in a game and attracted a lot of heat from the villagers. So in order to avoid being lynched, I would come out with my role.

With jail as an intermediate step, I would prefer to maintain some level of secrecy as I collect information. Put me in the clink and I'll tell you guys the role and mechanics behind it. Shoot me in the street and you will find out the role, but not how it works.

Or, and here is an idea, just give me a chance to actually get the information that I am looking for - at that time I'm just about positive that I'll be in everyone's CoT and not just the Sheriff's.

As I said....
Old 10-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #1438
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - part of trying to keep a low profile has been avoiding fatigue by not leaving the house every night. I'll probably search every night from here on out and take the heat for being tired if I'm already being grilled.

I would have to believe there are multiple roles in the game capable of gaining information on me. One of them is NTN, who visited me last night. But if others have a role and want to exercise it watching me, tempting me, or whatever I would have no problem with that. It isn't going to help catch Cowboys (directly) but it should help solify trust - hopefully in both directions.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #1439
hoopsguy
General Manager

I find it interesting that the people who are going after me at this point - Fouts, Path, and Lonestargirl - collectively are on one person's trust list.

Racer trusts LSG. That, as far as I can tell, is it. I've said enough about what I know to potentially worry the Cowboys and I expected to draw heat for it. Although I more or less expected it to come last night or in the form of an "oops, I shot Hoops - my bad" gunfight today.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:35 PM   #1440
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

hmmmm
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #1441
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

the only thing holding me back from a duel right now is the fact that i only get 1 duel. which sucks because then i shoot my whole wad at once. plus i tend to suspect the wrong people in WW games
Old 10-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #1442
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

if i had multiply duelin ability i would be more aggressive. damn AlanT, gimmie more duels!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #1443
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I find it interesting that the people who are going after me at this point - Fouts, Path, and Lonestargirl - collectively are on one person's trust list.

Racer trusts LSG. That, as far as I can tell, is it. I've said enough about what I know to potentially worry the Cowboys and I expected to draw heat for it. Although I more or less expected it to come last night or in the form of an "oops, I shot Hoops - my bad" gunfight today.

Yes, all the cowboys are ganging up together, in public, to attack you.

Who is the one person that has Fouts, Path and LSG on their trust list? I don't trust any of those people. The only person I do trust is Swaggs.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #1444
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm confused about today. I have no idea which way to go with gram and Chief Rum and I just read a ton of posts. I'm about to head off to bed for an hour nap or so. Can someone post why I should or should not vote for these two people in bullet format?

Thanks!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #1445
Fouts
College Starter

Hang em all.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #1446
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I just thought of something that might help clear me a little, or at least suggest I am not a cowboy.

When you have two night actions in a row, you get tired. I have not been tired yet. Everyone knows I used my night action on Night Two, when there was no kill. I was not tired on Day Three after that Night Two action, so I could not have been out on Night One (the night Thomkal died). I am not tired now, so I could not have been out on Night Three (prior to being arrested, I mean). This is the night GE was killed.

It seems logical to suggest I was not out on Nights One or Three, the two nights there were cowboy kills. I also do not have a gun, which has been confirmed.

I have been very open with my reasoning for approaching saldana that night, and I think that more than a few of you don't have saldana on any sort of trust list right now. So there is hardly no reason for me to approach him to check him out, even as sheriff.

I'm not saying this clears me, but it certainly adds to the body of evidence that if you hang me today, you will be hanging a villager.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #1447
Fouts
College Starter

Chief, can't the cowboys have someone on their side to convert people?

Everyone knows that it only takes one cowboy to make the kill. They can take turns, or instead of making a kill 2 nights in a row, send out a cowboy to convert somebody.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #1448
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, can't the cowboys have someone on their side to convert people?

Everyone knows that it only takes one cowboy to make the kill. They can take turns, or instead of making a kill 2 nights in a row, send out a cowboy to convert somebody.

Sure they could. Show me any evidence that says that is what I did. Or even any evidence in the rules that says such a person exists. Or that any description in my role says I have this power.

Like many in my profession, I can get certain tidbits of information when I get close to someone and have them with their guard down. It makes sense that I would have this ability, and that's what I have.

I would think if I actively attempted to convert saldana, that would have been a bit more obvious from the description he received from AlanT. It was a conversation, and nothing more.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #1449
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

[quote=Fouts;1272513Everyone knows that it only takes one cowboy to make the kill. They can take turns, or instead of making a kill 2 nights in a row, send out a cowboy to convert somebody.[/QUOTE]

And actually I don't think we know this at all. I think there has been a lot of supposition about how the cowboys can do their kills, but it's all been guesswork. I don't think the mechanics for how the cowboys operate is listed anywhere in AlanT's rules or role descriptions.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #1450
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, all the cowboys are ganging up together, in public, to attack you.

Who is the one person that has Fouts, Path and LSG on their trust list? I don't trust any of those people. The only person I do trust is Swaggs.

Here's my trust list FWIW (it's not long):

Fairly trust:
Swaggs

Somewhat trust:
ntndeacon

Lean good:
spleen (assumption that the mortician would not be a cowboy).

That's it.