Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #1401
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

illinifan has signed both the Identification De-Limitation Act and the Nationalized Healthcare Bill into law.

The Doctor role in the NHB Bill will be assigned shortly.

KWhit was targeted by a member of the Wolf Party last night! The BG under the Wolf Security Act Redux was able to protect him, so KWhit is harried but fine. The attacker got away without being hurt.

henry296-D (10th District) and Chubby-D (11th District) have both announced they will run for re-election in Year Four (elections to happen at end of day cycle today.

Note on the 10th District: Since jeheinz72-R only has influence over District 10, this is not a head to head situation, with respect to henry296. henry296 is running against the token centrist candidate who won his seat over him in the last election.

Polls and what not coming.

DAY FOUR HAS NOW BEGUN. DEADLINE 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PDT tonight.

There will be no weekend play after this, although the game can and will go on (extended Night Four from the Friday evening deadline until Monday morning). Night Four will end Monday morning at the same morning deadline time.[/b]

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-25-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #1402
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Nice job, whoever protected KWhit! I guess we can add him to our COT now?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #1403
henry296
College Starter

glad we got a body guard bill pass eventually.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 AM   #1404
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I would this so, yes, Pass.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #1405
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

...I would SAY so, yes, Pass.

Stupid early morning crap...at least it is Friday!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #1406
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, the Supreme Court (obviously) did not choose to hear cases against the two new bills, so they have not been voided.

Also, no word has come from the Lathum camp about re-running for election in District 17.

Elections are tonight, so everyone be prepared.

Lastly, the GM is off from work today--to go golfing. Great for me. Not so great for people with questions. Please direct your questions to oliegirl, and olie please answer as best as you can where you may.

If you PM olie, of course, please still PM me. If you email olie, do not cc the [email protected] email. It is my work address, and I do not have access to it away from work. Instead, please cc the [email protected] (personal address).

I should be back mid-afternoon my time, three hours or so before deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #1407
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

P.S. Don't hold up bills for me. Use your best judgment. For balance purposes, the roles currently in play are close to maximizing the limits, so I will likely turn down any new roles, particularly powerful ones.

So get creative today if you need to with bills. But I wouldn't want to wait for a ruling on me before getting voted started.

Also, today is an election day (Congressional only). illinifan999 does not have to run (he is in for sure). PackerFanatic DOES have to run (no more Prez candidate protection for him in Congressional elections).

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-25-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM   #1408
KWhit
Coordinator

Thanks, BG!!!!

I KNEW I'd be a target last night. Glad the BG was thinking like I was (and like the wolves).

Great job!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #1409
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

1. Thanks to my fellow democrats for their heroic actions to save me despite costing us any chance of the presidency. I don't think it had a huge impact on the losses of Chubby and Lathum. The sabotoge by heinz and clap was clearly responsible for those actions.

Catching up now, but for the record, I haven't sabotaged anyone (bolding is mine and what I'm referring to. I'm presuming you meant Cronin, not me.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #1410
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Day Three Power Poll

Most Powerful Men In Washington (Day Four)

1. illinifan999
2. PackerFanatic
3. KWhit
4. Tyrith
5. Passacaglia
6. jeheinz
7. PurdueBrad
8. chesapeake
9. path12
10. Render
11. EagleFan
12. mccollins
13. Chubby
14. Lathum
15. henry296

The Most Popular Politicians in Washington (Day Four)

1. illinifan999
2. PackerFanatic
5. Passacaglia
3. jeheinz
4. Render
6. KWhit
7. Tyrith
8. chesapeake
9. PurdueBrad
10. Chubby
11. mccollins
12. path12
13. EagleFan
14. henry296
15. Lathum

Day Four Public Bill Support

There were two bill votes yesterday. According to polling, general public came out as follows (+/- 4% polling error):

Internet De-Limitation Act

Supported: 59%
Did Not Support: 41%

Nationalized Healthcare Bill

Supported: 67%
Did Not Support: 23%

Public Political Leaning

Political leaning interest is back to almost straight even, Republican 51%, Democrat 49%

Old 07-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #1411
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Catching up now, but for the record, I haven't sabotaged anyone (bolding is mine and what I'm referring to. I'm presuming you meant Cronin, not me.

I think he meant cronin. That's who allegedly sabotaged Chubby's election (according to Chubby).
Old 07-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #1412
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah catching that up now. Just finished.

Excellent grab of a wolf folks, that's awesome.

Even better BG block, kudos to whichever fine sir did that and yes, KWhit is in my COT (though realistically I wasn't looking at him anyhow)
Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #1413
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Special Supreme Court Note

Upon reviewing the bills as a result of a PM to me regarding role abilities, I have determined that two laws have slight contrasts to each other. Therefore, as follows:

Whereas, the cunning wolf clause states that said wolf is undetectable to information roles (a category which I interpret to include the Witness established under the Wolf Observation Act).

Whereas, the Wolf Observation Act states that the Witness may follow and determine any one player and see if he has a role legislated by Congress.

Whereas, the cunning wolf clause is an original game rule, but only active if legislated in by Congress.

Whereas, Congress did legislate the cunning wolf clause into active existence as part of the Wolf Security Act Redux.

Whereas, it is established that those game rules not inherent to the nature of running a Werewolf game are able to be adjusted by Congress via legislation.

Whereas, the cunning wolf clause is not protected as a game rule from change by Congress, as it is not interpreted to be a rule inherent to the nature of running a Werewolf game.

Therefore, it is hereby ordered and adjudged as follows: the Witness as established by the Wolf Observation Act has the ability to detect the person named the cunning wolf under the cunning wolf clause of the Wolf Security Act Redux.

This judgment is only with respect to the cunning wolf, and any subsequent, non-essential game roles for wolves. In no other way are the powers of the cunning wolf abridged except as stated here.

So let it be,

Chief Justice Chief Rum

Okay, I'm a dork. That was fun to write.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #1414
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Thanks, BG!!!!

I KNEW I'd be a target last night. Glad the BG was thinking like I was (and like the wolves).

Great job!

What made you think you'd be a target last night?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #1415
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Good. And yeah, yesterday was a mess. I'm content for now to let you guys clean up the wreckage of the electoral mess from yesterday, by and large. You can generally guess what that means.

My interpretation of this was that the GOP would leave our members seeking re-election alone. That was not the case last night.

Is the GOP going to argue again that this was not a concerted effort and was instead the acts of rogue GOP members or a rogue GOP leader?

Or did I mis-interpret reading between the lines of the above quote?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #1416
Tyrith
College Starter

You misinterpreted. The words "by and large" are in reference to there being one specific person we would like to see gone. At the moment we have no intention of changing our strategy today, either.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #1417
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
You misinterpreted. The words "by and large" are in reference to there being one specific person we would like to see gone. At the moment we have no intention of changing our strategy today, either.

Well, there was more than one specific person targeted.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #1418
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Well, there was more than one specific person targeted.

Now THAT'S not the order I sent in. It was our original intention, but I changed it before the deadline.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #1419
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm with Ty on this one. I have no problem with Chubby coming back. I don't even have that big of a problem with Henry coming back, and that's even with my giving him his seat back.

I still contend Lathum is a wolf, and frankly, with there being a larger probability of a Dem wolf picked out of a hat than the same exercise when done on the Repubs, I'll continue to think so until the Dems start being a little more forthcoming with information on their internal party trusts/distrusts.

The only person I'm ok with on the Dems right now is KWhit. The rest of you have no trust accumulated with me, and some of you have a high amount of distrust gathered.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #1420
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Collins, who in your report was slurried?

Hell, Tyrith, who did we even slurry then?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #1421
Tyrith
College Starter

Lathum, Lathum, and Lathum, in the corrected version.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #1422
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Good morning guys! I'm caught up in the thread, and will be around between now and noon. After that I will be checking in periodically until 5, and then here until Chief gets back. For those of you that don't already have it, my email is [email protected]. PM or email me with questions and I'll do my best
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #1423
mccollins
College Prospect

Both Henry and Lathum were targeted. There's not a way to tell how much beyond their polling numbers.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #1424
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Then someone acted of their own accord on Henry. It wasn't me, I don't even have the ability to do so.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #1425
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess the way I look at it is this.

I'm inclined to vote for a Dem for censuring today. Now you Dems can have me essentially do it un-informed due to my more narrowed scope (KWhit and now that I think more, ches, are the only two I'd rule out) or you can be forthcoming with information to help me make a more educated choice.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #1426
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Now THAT'S not the order I sent in. It was our original intention, but I changed it before the deadline.

Do you think your original intention was used instead of the corrected version?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #1427
Tyrith
College Starter

I sent a PM to make sure that the corrected version of the order was used. There may have been a mix-up, but it might be a long time before we can find out about that.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #1428
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I guess the way I look at it is this.

I'm inclined to vote for a Dem for censuring today. Now you Dems can have me essentially do it un-informed due to my more narrowed scope (KWhit and now that I think more, ches, are the only two I'd rule out) or you can be forthcoming with information to help me make a more educated choice.

Yesterday, not much of our caucus was around before Noon and some have popped on and are gone for a while. KWhit has said he has some thoughts for us.

Give it time, cowboy, I agree we want to shed light on the situation since a ton of our conversation is in our Party HQ threads.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #1429
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

BREAKING NEWS - LATHUM HAS DECLARED HIS CANDIDACY FOR ELECTION IN THE 17TH DISTRICT.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #1430
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'll even give you my version of Republican trust

I trust Tyrith the most and Pass the next most in our party. The other 3 are all about even in my mind.

We villagers are going to lose this game if the parties don't work together. Now it's my POV that the Repubs have done a good chunk of playing nice (giving you guys speaker once for sure, and essentially the 2nd time, while a number of us voted our own member out, wisely though I know I have no right to take credit for that personally)
Old 07-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #1431
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What made you think you'd be a target last night?

I figured the wolves would come after a Dem, and after voting for MrsS for 2 straight days and expressing my suspicions of her very early in the game, I figured the wolves would think that I'd be either

1) Essentially a cleared villager.
2) The seer who just happened to view MrsS.

Now, I'm not the seer. I would have come out stronger against MrsS if I KNEW she was a wolf. But it makes sense for the wolves to go after someone likely to be in the CoT and a Dem (to start to even up the playing field a bit).
Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #1432
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll even give you my version of Republican trust

I trust Tyrith the most and Pass the next most in our party. The other 3 are all about even in my mind.

We villagers are going to lose this game if the parties don't work together. Now it's my POV that the Repubs have done a good chunk of playing nice (giving you guys speaker once for sure, and essentially the 2nd time, while a number of us voted our own member out, wisely though I know I have no right to take credit for that personally)

I agree we need to work together. To that end, I will likely be voting for a Dem today. I have my suspicions of one of us and I will post it in a bit when I get a few minutes to compile some stuff.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #1433
Tyrith
College Starter

We're not going to be able to verify the slurry thing until this evening, confirmed. We'll just have to deal with it later.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #1434
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so Heinze, why do you think I am a wolf?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #1435
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I got up to make my wife breakfast, I am going back to sleep soon so I will be away for a while
Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #1436
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so Heinze, why do you think I am a wolf?

Just the general vibe really, the way you handled things from when I left on Day 2 up until yesterday. Your vote for Tyrith doesn't help matters. You've towed the party line pretty strong and for you to whiff there hurts IMO.

Though some of EF's shenanigans have him nearing your level of distrust. I also think just on sheer wolf strategy that there is a Dem wolf who voted for Mrs. S, so that has me eyeing Path and Chubby for that. Ches I tend to think less so, as he voted for Mrs. S two days in a row.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #1437
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
dola- I got up to make my wife breakfast, I am going back to sleep soon so I will be away for a while

Unacceptable.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #1438
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just once I want someone to say they don't get a wolf vibe from me.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #1439
Tyrith
College Starter

That's why you make your wife breakfast
Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1440
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Heh. Fair enough. I'm guilty of that I'm sure. It just seems different this time. I can't quite discern if that is because I'm seeing ~half your posts, or what.

Hence why I'm really wanting to see who the Dems think are the suspicious Dems. I know I'm only seeing a half-painted picture, so if they all come on here and think you've been just swell I'll be a lot less inclined to vote for you.

The reason I'm still on you is well, I've been on you for awhile now and no Dem seems all too interested in coming to your defense. You're the only one who has said you're trusted by the Dems, and KWhit all but said, if I'm inferring correctly, that you were the one who gave him a ton of heat for not voting along party lines on Day Two
Old 07-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #1441
Tyrith
College Starter

Rum has confirmed that he missed the changed slurry order yesterday. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #1442
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

If my fellow party members are as bi-partisan as we are all trying to be, then they will also vote for a dem today. I have a couple that I am thinking of but will hold out for now.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #1443
Tyrith
College Starter

Come on dems, clue us in a little
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #1444
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I don't get a wolf vibe from you.

Glad to have that out of the way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #1445
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

OK...I'm out for a little while, no more than an hour and a half or so...play nice, I'll check in when I get back.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #1446
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Can everyone please stop posting for a while? I have to go get lunch.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #1447
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Nice block by the BG!

It's election day (and embarassingly, I really, really enjoyed watching the poll results come out)!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #1448
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

*I* don't get a wolf vibe from you.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #1449
KWhit
Coordinator

Okay. I have gone back through the Democratic thread, looking at the time period from about 3:00 to the deadline last night.

It struck me at the time that there was one person more than any other that seemed to be pushing the vote away from MrsS. Now this stuck out to me before I even knew that MrsS was a wolf. That person is Eaglefan and he will be getting my vote today.

As I read back through, it's not quite as blatant as I remembered it being, so I could be wrong about him. But he kept on suggesting that the Repubs were luring us into a false sense of security by splitting their vote and would all switch to one of the Dems at the end (he's not the only one that thought that, BTW). So he thought we should pool our votes onto a Republican.

However, he kept suggesting other Repubs and not MrsS (who would have been the obvious choice since she was slightly leading in votes at the time). If it was really a case of "let's make sure the Repubs don't trick us," MrsS would have been the obvious choice to vote for.

In addition, he was already on my radar for coming after me really strongly yesterday morning - accusing me of a number of things without any cause to do so including lying about who I slurried/supported. It struck me as a wolf trying to discredit me with no real evidence to do so.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but it's the best I can offer today. I'm away for a bit but will be back to discuss around 2-2:30 eastern time.

Vote Censure Eaglefan
Old 07-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #1450
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

You aren't the only one that had him on your radar. Unless I feel someone else comes ahead in the next few hours, he will be getting my vote as well.