Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #13951
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really like Terry Crews on Brooklyn Nine Nine, but he's intolerable on Millionaire and he's ruining the NBC new years show.

(this is the part where Jon links to an article stating how Crews is outperforming Viera by 26% year to year)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #13952
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I really like Terry Crews on Brooklyn Nine Nine, but he's intolerable on Millionaire and he's ruining the NBC new years show.

(this is the part where Jon links to an article stating how Crews is outperforming Viera by 26% year to year)

well I don't even like him on Brooklyn
Old 01-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #13953
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My only input on this is likely to be that we channel surfed NYE programming and my son said "hey, that's Terry Crews. Cool ... but what's he doing on there?"
Old 01-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #13954
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
My baseball cards might be worth less than what they are stored in. Curse the people who got kids thinking the way they did in the late 80s and then took advantage.

Sometime back in the mid 90's my friend spent way too much money on a signed Eric Lindros jersey and asked me to store it for him. Every year or so wherever he was living at the time he would call me up and make sure I still had it stored away. Around 02/03 he just said eff it and started wearing it.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #13955
cuervo72
Head Coach

Mourning? Really?
Old 01-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #13956
Ramzavail
College Starter

Mourning is a hall of famer.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #13957
Suicane75
Coordinator

Perusing Mister Skin and I discover that Boss' Kathleen Robertson is Claire from 90210. Blew my friggin mind.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #13958
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Perusing Mister Skin and I discover that Boss' Kathleen Robertson is Claire from 90210. Blew my friggin mind.

Would reckon to say that I find her more attractive than most fellas do, cant put my thumb on the exact reason but she has that 'it' factor for me.

The last time I had that hot actress blown mind moment was when I discovered the female lead from Kingpin was the hot Russian agent who emerged from the tent in white bra and panties while stretching her arms in Spies Like Us.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #13959
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
Mourning is a hall of famer.

Ok, yeah he is. Just seems like he's hardly out of the league compared to Worthy and especially Dr. J.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:24 AM   #13960
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ugh.

I have been on a less than stellar vacation. Rental house with my In Laws and SIL/ BIL, which is fine usually, I like them. But everyone was/ is sick at some point. We were supposed to ski but the conditions were crappy, and everyones kids kept waking the others up. My kids woke up by 5 everyday.

Facing a 10 hour drive home and my kids are up at 4:40 AM. FML
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:44 AM   #13961
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Torgo takes care of the place while the Master is away.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #13962
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Ok, yeah he is. Just seems like he's hardly out of the league compared to Worthy and especially Dr. J.

Trying to get that southern money.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #13963
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sweet. Now we're driving through western pa in a freezing rain storm.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #13964
Suicane75
Coordinator

Vacation all I ever wanted, Vacation time to get away!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #13965
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Would reckon to say that I find her more attractive than most fellas do, cant put my thumb on the exact reason but she has that 'it' factor for me.

The last time I had that hot actress blown mind moment was when I discovered the female lead from Kingpin was the hot Russian agent who emerged from the tent in white bra and panties while stretching her arms in Spies Like Us.

Well on the show at least she has that impish, librarian, nymph thing going on. And a sweet bottom.

Edit: I take it you never watched Weird Science the TV show? Vanessa Angel and I spent many a lonely teenage night together.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 01-03-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #13966
cuervo72
Head Coach

Man, Vanessa Angel in the snow...yeah boy.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #13967
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sweet. Now we're driving through western pa in a freezing rain storm.

Yeah...I should have mentioned that.

Left at 6a for hockey, started raining about 6:05. We got there no problems, but only 10 of 38 across 3 teams made it in.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #13968
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Torgo takes care of the place while the Master is away.

Yes, yes I do.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #13969
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Yeah...I should have mentioned that.

Left at 6a for hockey, started raining about 6:05. We got there no problems, but only 10 of 38 across 3 teams made it in.

We took 80 across. Started in the Poconos and went into Ohio.

TBH it really wasn't that bad. Once the freeing rain started I dialed it down to 55-60, took it easy on bridges, and had no issues. I can't say the same for all the idiot truck drivers. We passed no less than 7 accidents, 6 of them 18 wheelers, 2 quite bad. Never ceases to amaze me that these guys who drive for a living can't or won't adjust for the conditions. I was just glad they didn't kill anyone, although one guy from the looks of the truck was likely injured pretty badly.

What was worse was my 20 month old daughter cried the first 2 hours and last 2 hours.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:08 AM   #13970
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We took 80 across. Started in the Poconos and went into Ohio.

TBH it really wasn't that bad. Once the freeing rain started I dialed it down to 55-60, took it easy on bridges, and had no issues. I can't say the same for all the idiot truck drivers. We passed no less than 7 accidents, 6 of them 18 wheelers, 2 quite bad. Never ceases to amaze me that these guys who drive for a living can't or won't adjust for the conditions. I was just glad they didn't kill anyone, although one guy from the looks of the truck was likely injured pretty badly.

What was worse was my 20 month old daughter cried the first 2 hours and last 2 hours.

80 has some crazy accidents on it all the time. One time I saw a guy drive under a service truck and burn up
Old 01-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #13971
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

There's a TV over the fridge in the kitchen area on the floor of my office. It's always playing CNBC. So, I end up watching about 2 minutes of CNBC each day.

Here are my observations:

1. I have a huge crush on Kelly Evans. She is my Money Honey of choice.

2. I find it ridiculous that people do the opening and closing bells of the two exchanges and stand there and clap and smile while the bell is ringing. It looks so stupid and it happens every single work day. There's nothing special about it. At all.

3. I understand that stocks and the like are real money. I have money invested in many stocks, but it baffles me how there can be that much coverage of the stock market at that level of intensity day-in and day-out. The stock market is like a sports season that never ends. Sometimes stocks are up, sometimes stocks are down. And on and on it goes. The endless analysis is really weird to me. The big headline that I just saw when I was in the kitchen 5 minutes ago what that stocks were at their lowest point in two weeks!!! Two weeks. Just two weeks. That's it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #13972
cuervo72
Head Coach

1. Yeah...she appears to be quite attractive.

2. Well, it's not an everyday occurrence for them, I guess.

3. I don't really get this either. When I am at my in-laws, either Fox News or CNBC is on the TV for most of the day. It's mainly background noise, but it's on.

Now, I suppose it makes a little more sense for my FIL to pay attention, as he is much closer to retirement age (uh, having been retired for 16+ years now) and has considerably more money than I do. I suspect he's not in the majority, unless I am a lot worse off than I think I am. But for someone my age who has a 401k that might not be touched for 25 years...I just don't really care what the market is at now, or that it dropped or gained 200 points in a day. I have no skin in the game, so there is absolutely no reason to obsess over it, or even pay much attention to it.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #13973
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pretty much impossible to decipher any lyric in "What a Fool Believes" other than the titular refrain. He may as well be singing in Korean.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #13974
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pretty much impossible to decipher any lyric in "What a Fool Believes" other than the titular refrain. He may as well be singing in Korean.

Really? Maybe I just have the advantage of having listened to it a shameful number of times.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #13975
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
There's a TV over the fridge in the kitchen area on the floor of my office. It's always playing CNBC. So, I end up watching about 2 minutes of CNBC each day.

Here are my observations:

1. I have a huge crush on Kelly Evans. She is my Money Honey of choice.

2. I find it ridiculous that people do the opening and closing bells of the two exchanges and stand there and clap and smile while the bell is ringing. It looks so stupid and it happens every single work day. There's nothing special about it. At all.

3. I understand that stocks and the like are real money. I have money invested in many stocks, but it baffles me how there can be that much coverage of the stock market at that level of intensity day-in and day-out. The stock market is like a sports season that never ends. Sometimes stocks are up, sometimes stocks are down. And on and on it goes. The endless analysis is really weird to me. The big headline that I just saw when I was in the kitchen 5 minutes ago what that stocks were at their lowest point in two weeks!!! Two weeks. Just two weeks. That's it.

I have to watch myself with how close I keep an eye on things. We have a lot of stock shares in my wife's company. Approaching 7 figures worth and every time it goes up or down a dollar I feel like I've lost or gained 10k.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #13976
Suicane75
Coordinator

Chapstick is not an expensive item, even if you use a lot of it. But I'll be damned if I don't pick and scrape every last bit of that wax out of that tube. I've even got a tooth pick on my desk whose sole job is to go down in that effer and dig out every ounce to the bitter end.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:22 AM   #13977
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I've never used Chapstick in my life.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #13978
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I hate chapstick
Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #13979
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Carmex FTW
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #13980
korme
Go Reds

Blistex or bust
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #13981
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Carmex FTW

This.
Though my lips get really dry really easily so I end up using this lip restorer stuff from Clinique. No matter what I do, my lips get super dry, even if I drink a gallon of water over the day.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #13982
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I have to watch myself with how close I keep an eye on things. We have a lot of stock shares in my wife's company. Approaching 7 figures worth and every time it goes up or down a dollar I feel like I've lost or gained 10k.

Yeah, all of my long term bonus money is tied up in the stock of my company. That said, I just sort of pretend that money doesn't exist. At some point, when I retire or leave this job, it will just become a nice little surprise whatever the value.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:24 PM   #13983
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My wife keeps bugging me to go to the movies. I guess I don't see the value in the theater going experience. It's really expensive all things considered. I don't think I've gone since Pacific Rim was out.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #13984
sabotai
General Manager

I think Shutter Island was the last movie I saw in the theaters. It's just not worth the money to go and take the chance that the movie will suck and/or there will be jackasses there ruining the experience. And since I have a massive backlog of TV shows and movies I've been meaning to see on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. I can easily wait to see the movies I want when they come out on those services.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #13985
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love the movie going experience. If I watch a movie at home I find myself getting distracted by other random things. At the movies it is just you and your popcorn.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #13986
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I love the movie going experience. If I watch a movie at home I find myself getting distracted by other random things. At the movies it is just you and your popcorn.

This. But I rarely go anymore. Too many assholes who play on their phones. The light is insanely distracting.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #13987
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
This. But I rarely go anymore. Too many assholes who play on their phones. The light is insanely distracting.

This.
EagleFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #13988
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My wife keeps bugging me to go to the movies. I guess I don't see the value in the theater going experience. It's really expensive all things considered. I don't think I've gone since Pacific Rim was out.

The value just isn't there 99% of the time afaic.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #13989
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Stand Up Paddleboarding offends my sensibilities.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #13990
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I love going to the movies. I'm pretty good at picking out the movies I think I will like and when I'm in the theater, I'm really good at ignoring distractions. So for me it's usually an enjoyable experience.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #13991
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

$5 matinees are where it's at. I am off work during the week so it works out well for me. With that said I like a bag of popcorn so I still spend too much.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:37 PM   #13992
cuervo72
Head Coach

Danger....
Old 01-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #13993
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
With that said I like a bag of popcorn so I still spend too much.

That's actually my gripe. The popcorn prices are simply absurd ... and the number of movies ever made that were worthwhile in the theater to me without concessions is exactly zero.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #13994
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I've read before that movie theaters don't make a lot of money off the movies themselves as the cost of a movie to a theater can be adjusted based on popularity. They make their money off concessions.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #13995
Izulde
Head Coach

They don't make *any* money on the movies themselves from what I understand. In fact, a lot of cases, it's a loss.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #13996
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

How do you bring in pizza for an entire office and not have at least one with just cheese?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #13997
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do you bring in pizza for an entire office and not have at least one with just cheese?

Were there 8 yr olds expected to be present?

Sorry, but that's basically the target audience for plain cheese pizza that I'm aware of.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #13998
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Annoyed my wife with this questions last night:

Would it be possible to create a computer program that contains all the English words, give it basic grammar rules, then command it to create all the possible sonnet combinations?

If so, would that turn poets into editors?
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:34 AM   #13999
QuikSand
lolzcat

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #14000
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Were there 8 yr olds expected to be present?

Sorry, but that's basically the target audience for plain cheese pizza that I'm aware of.

Some may say there are several 8 year olds in my office. That being said, when you order pizza for a large number the only way to guarentee everyone will be happy is for there to be a few cheese pizzas. Instead I skip my usual lunch, because of the promise of pizza, then there isn't any pizza I can really eat. It's annoying.