Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #1351
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
BTW, did everyone already know that you can sue your money in the bank on votes, bids, etc. or am I just late to the game? I realized I didn't know for sure Friday night and asked Barkeep via PM, and he said money on hand AND in the bank can be used for bidding.

Since only money on hand can be taken directly by the wolves via killing, any villager who knows this would have kept their available money (non-CD) in the bank. So anyone with "0" in the bank at any point (especially on nights they don't win a service) has to be a little more suspicious.

And, of course, I know who had 0 in their accounts as of the end of Day Four, FWIW.

I agree with this as far as anybody who wasn't confused about how money in the bank could be used. That was actually my main reason for going hard after the thief, because if the cutthroats had gotten him he could have been used to threaten the otherwise-relatively-safe money in the bank (relatively because it comes down to your beneficiary should you should be killed).

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #1352
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Alan, bear with me, because this points at you.

Let's say clap is telling the truth AND that there is no service or ability by anyone (wolf or villager) who can rob another player except the Thief.

That means Mr. Wednesday is lying.
And since he said Mr. Wednesday is good, that means Alan is lying.
And since Alan said hoopsguy is good, technically, even that's not safe.

Unlikely, yes, but I had to throw it out there.

I am much more inclined to guess clap is lying or go after Schmidty right now than bark up this unlikely tree.

I thought it was pretty obvious from what I posted during the past night cycle that I was going to rob from someone's on-hand cash in an attempt to catch a cutthroat.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #1353
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Now htat we are done with my grilling, why does evrryone trust Hoops? he has been leadign us around by the nose, and really contributing nothing... Somehow being the beneficarey the first day has made evryone belive he is good.
Uh, rather more than that. Alan has also given him a seer vouch.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #1354
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote someone... just in case i live!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #1355
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will vote later...prolly around 8pm or something. We're having bean soup for dinner and somehow I doubt that will satisfy me so I anticipate a post-dinner food run.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #1356
Tyrith
College Starter

I see hoops logic in not killing the poor wolf. All I can say is that this game does allow for some crazy stunts, and I still don't like Schmidty. I will not likely be back before the lynch.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #1357
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Current tally:
Clap – Render (1229), Chief Rum (1289), Tyrith (1306), Alan (1349)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #1358
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

go me!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #1359
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

not a fan of voting for clap, even if it's a runaway.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #1360
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I've got no problems discussion your other canidates, but won't discuss me because there is nothing to discuss about me I'm good.

there are 4 names that jump out at me from the voting from yesterday and all 4 were within 10-12 posts of each other.

Tyrith, Clap, Path & Jackyl

they even paired up in their votes so I'd bet we have 2 wolves in this group is my thinking.

discuss??

going back to my post from a while back. We know of the path/Jackyl pair path was good so I can vote Jackyl again, but it looks like it's a run away on someone from my second pair Clap. So am I willing to take a chance on Clap being the wolf in the Clap/Tyrith pair is my next question?...either way I think these are the two remaining "original" wolves then we have to find the convert and I've got a pretty good "hunch" on that person too.

now I need to look at the voting history of these three
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #1361
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I really have no problem with this vote...it's 50/50 for me on who to vote out (clap vs tyrith) and if we're wrong I'd say it's a 100% shot that the other is a wolf along w/ Jackyl in my thinking/anaylsis

vote clap
Old 02-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #1362
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

booo

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #1363
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What do you all think of SnDvls? There was a small bit of heat on him, but then moves toward mau and sal (both good) showed up. Off to verify that.

Quote:
It may not have been heat, but he was the lead vote-getter for at least a little while. My thinking was that it was Tyrith and clap who put the votes to make it 4-2-2. Clap had two votes on him, so I could see his vote as self-defense, but Tyrith was the one who gave mauboy the lead. Now I'm off to see what hoops had to say about Tyrith -- it didn't seem to convince me before, but this makes me think it's worth another look (or maybe another reiteration, hoops?)

Quote:
I was the lead vote getter because you voted for me (wrongly I might add as it was pointed out to you just after your vote) and because mauboy voted me in retalitaion for my vote on him.

Quote:
Right -- I admitted to being wrong about that. I used your post to determine who didn't vote, and when I found out that DT had voted, I accidentally blamed you for the mistake. But what I'm asking now is whether or not what happened yesterday amounted to a wolf attempt to save you.

Quote:
I was "saved" by mauboy and Saldana, both good villagers per their deaths, so I doubt any wolves were involved there.

Quote:
You don't think Tyrith, clap, or even DT had anything to do with it? I just mentioned Tyrith and clap a few posts ago, and DT's vote made it 5-2-2. I think by then, you were out of the woods, so I think that bringing up mau as someone who saved you (when he was obviously trying to save himself), doesn't make sense to me. For the same reason, I'm less skeptical of DT's vote -- I don't think he votes to give mau a three vote lead, putting himself out there, if he's a wolf trying to save you.

Quote:
mau voted 4 times last night...twice for both me and Sal...if he was really trying to save himself he did a poor job of it by basically canceling out his votes. so yes I feel he had aroud about way of "saving" me

I think you are just barking up the wrong tree is all with me

Quote:
Why are you guys putting saved in quotation marks all the time?

Quote:
because it's your word not mine.

To be "saved" by a wolf you generally have to be one and I'm not.
I haven't seen a game yet where a wolf would "save" a villager.

Quote:
Yeah, it was SD and Alan I was referring to when I said "you guys" -- it just feels like you're trying to discredit it by pretending it didn't happen, rather than analyze it.

Quote:
I mean, it'd be one thing if you said "I can see where you're coming from" (with or without quotes), then said something like "I don't think the wolves would let two of their ilk get outed like that," -- I mean, that's how the game is played! But instead it seems like you're ignoring part of what I'm saying, and basing your argument on the "fact" (notice the quotes) that you're a villager.

That said, I'm pretty torn. Most of this is just bringing up some discussion points. Truth be told, I *don't* think the wolves would let two of their ilk get outed like that. I'm just confused by the way this discussion is going.

Quote:
I've got no problems discussion your other canidates, but won't discuss me because there is nothing to discuss about me I'm good.

there are 4 names that jump out at me from the voting from yesterday and all 4 were within 10-12 posts of each other.

Tyrith, Clap, Path & Jackyl

they even paired up in their votes so I'd bet we have 2 wolves in this group is my thinking.

discuss??

Quote:
I'm going to put in a vote on Tyrith. I'm not sure what I think of hoops, but I have two slight reasons now to vote for him.

VOTE TYRITH

Here is the Day 3 conversations between SnDvls and Pass. Context - I already had a vote from Schmidty, was drawing fire from Alan and Tyrith (both of who eventually voted for me) and had Chief Rum vote for me each of the last two days. I think it is safe to say that there was some cover out there for wolf vs wolf by-play - and the vote eventually went to Tyrith after all of the consideration on SnDvls. The logic was to check if Tyrith was "saving" SnDvls, although as the 4th voter in it was a little suspect.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #1364
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to play contrarian on this vote and go with SnDvls. Hope that I'm wrong and that the majority is correctly bringing Cutthroat Clap to the poverty line.

VOTE SNDVLS
Old 02-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #1365
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

bah, im good people!

vote sundevlis!!!!

lets start a run people. wooooo

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #1366
RendeR
Coordinator

Hoopsguy sucks.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #1367
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry, had to be said

Sup hoops
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #1368
hoopsguy
General Manager

Could be, RendeR. I hope I suck on this vote a lot if we are going to end up sending Clap to the poorhouse.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #1369
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, I'm never looking inside myself again.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #1370
hoopsguy
General Manager

()
Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #1371
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gah, lets try some character substitution.

By the way, I'm never looking inside myself again. (shudders)
Old 02-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #1372
RendeR
Coordinator

*chuckles*

Talk Hard Hoops.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #1373
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I dont get it.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #1374
SnDvls
Pro Starter

strange move there hoops
Old 02-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #1375
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm going to play contrarian on this vote and go with SnDvls. Hope that I'm wrong and that the majority is correctly bringing Cutthroat Clap to the poverty line.

Do you think that it's one or the other, or could it be both?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #1376
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm very troubled by the disposition of claphamsa's money.

VOTE claphamsa

Old 02-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #1377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, could be both.

If Clap is playing as a wolf, he appears to have managed his money poorly. I'm more than happy to hear any other explanations if people have them.

SnDvls, I don't think you are at risk today unless a lot of people decide that I'm making sense with Clap. The vote count right now suggests that isn't happening.

And the best part about that for you is that a little doubt makes you more likely to live into the next day. So you should probably be thanking me for making you a less likely target for a night kill

I would be very happy to have some discussion of your thoughts on the game up to this point.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #1378
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

VOTE SNDVLS

That's a perfectly wolfish thing if you ask me. "Sacrificing" a fellow wolf by not voting for him to make yourself look clean. This vote is easier than my previous ones on you:

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #1379
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I'm very troubled by the disposition of claphamsa's money.

VOTE claphamsa

But that is the thing - if you and Chief are telling the truth, then he has no money available to defend himself. So if there is any kind of late-session snipe going down, he won't be the one doing it.

Would the wolves have one of their members holding all of their CDs, with the chance that he could be voted out? Does that make any sense? And other members have the on-hand/bank money? Wow, if so then they got lucky one of those wolves wasn't scanned last night.

What does Occam's Razor say about Clap having 9K between on-hand + bank at this stage in the game?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #1380
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
That's a perfectly wolfish thing if you ask me. "Sacrificing" a fellow wolf by not voting for him to make yourself look clean. This vote is easier than my previous ones on you:

VOTE HOOPSGUY

Can you expand on this theory for me? Because I don't get how it makes me look clean if he is a wolf.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #1381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I find a certain amount of irony that the argument Schmidty has for me as a wolf could be equally applied to him. Even if the logic is backwards from where I sit.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #1382
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, I find a certain amount of irony that the argument Schmidty has for me as a wolf could be equally applied to him. Even if the logic is backwards from where I sit.

Maybe so, although my vote has been consistant. If people want to look at me more closely, that's fine. But I haven't had a hunch this strong since the Middle Earth game. Maybe it'll be that I'm wrong, and maybe it's dumb to put myself out there, but I'm going to everything I can to get you.

I wish I had been able to get on before everyone started voting because it would be nice see if I could have gotten more people on you.

One more thing: If you weren't a wolf, the wolves might have night killed me by now to make you look guilty (old trick that might not work), but I'm still alive.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #1383
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, I'm fine if you only come after me in the thread. Now if you decided to buy the service in order to night-kill me then you would be seriously damaging our (the Rich) chances of winning the game.

I enjoyed reading along with the Middle Earth game. But you aren't right on this one, hunch or no hunch. Doesn't mean you won't be right at some later point if there is another conversion. But I started the game Rich and I remain Rich up to this point. You either know that already or will find out soon (can't believe we have too many days left).
Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #1384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

vote-count? is me voting for anyone other than clap even worth it?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #1385
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I dont get it.

Check RendeR's sig
Old 02-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #1386
hoopsguy
General Manager

I believe vote is 6-2-1. Going from memory (someone should double-check):

Clap - Chief Rum, RendeR, Alan, Tyrith, MrW, SnDvls
SnDvls - Hoops, Clap
Hoops - Schmidty
Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #1387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think ATM a lynch one way or another should tell us a lot

Clap - Chief Rum, RendeR, Alan, Tyrith, MrW, SnDvls
SnDvls - Hoops, Clap
Hoops - Schmidty

either the wolves are stacked up on clap (and then we can play "at what point did they stack on him) or they are spread out. And if they're spread, there's not a lot of place for them to go.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #1388
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

especially given the number of potential candidates we have for who could be wolves.

i'm loathe a bit to put a vote on anyone other than clap. At least putting a vote on him will make the wolves have to spend that much more to swing it away from him if he is a wolf.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #1389
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
But that is the thing - if you and Chief are telling the truth, then he has no money available to defend himself. So if there is any kind of late-session snipe going down, he won't be the one doing it.

I'm very troubled by the way his money lay last night, is what I'm getting after.

As far as a late-session snipe, the other cutthroat(s) could transfer money to him as needed to allow him to effect it without them revealing themselves, the same as Passacaglia transferred his own money away before he was bankrupted.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #1390
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have my reasonings. I will explain after deadline.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #1391
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't really get the point of a drive-by, unless you're trying to cause something to happen.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #1392
SnDvls
Pro Starter

anyone got $10K to blow? or thinking about blowing?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #1393
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, good point on them being able to move money back to him. Hopefully we will have enough people on here near the deadline to prevent antics - not a sure thing, given how well Pass late-vote on Night 4.

Schmidty (and I guess DT as well, at this point), do I need to sit in front of the PC to make sure you aren't going to toss a slew of votes on me at the deadline? I would rather save my money to bid for services.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #1394
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

What do you have in mind?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #1395
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
MrW, good point on them being able to move money back to him. Hopefully we will have enough people on here near the deadline to prevent antics - not a sure thing, given how well Pass late-vote on Night 4.

Schmidty (and I guess DT as well, at this point), do I need to sit in front of the PC to make sure you aren't going to toss a slew of votes on me at the deadline? I would rather save my money to bid for services.

funny you could have pretty much prevented that if you would have not thrown a meaningless vote towards me I believe
Old 02-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #1396
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
What do you have in mind?

want to keep everyone honest that is all
Old 02-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #1397
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

On what?

I'll look to keep any shenanigans at bay, but I don't want to be profligate with my money.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #1398
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I am not going to toss a slew of votes on you at the deadline. You have my word.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #1399
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
funny you could have pretty much prevented that if you would have not thrown a meaningless vote towards me I believe

I'm willing to take a little heat if it gets you a bit more active in the conversation.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #1400
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I don't really get the point of a drive-by, unless you're trying to cause something to happen.

nail. head.