Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 AM   #1351
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Some quality family time with my son afterwards, as the hour drive home just flew by and we were both kind of shocked to realize that we were home & had been talking non-stop the whole way.
Best part of the recap Glad you guys had fun together!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #1352
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And now that I've read all the online recaps, backstage stuff and all that, I'm happy to report that we were on the side opposite where Kong was dumped over the top rope & missed her wardrobe malfunction entirely ... thank God.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #1353
molson
General Manager

I wish Jon was my dad growing up. My older brother got me into wrestling, and I was right in the middle of WWF country in the mid-80s. But my parents would never, ever, let me go to a show at the Boston Garden. One time for my birthday, a friend's father got me tickets (he was going to take me and my friend) and they STILL didn't let me go. They wouldn't even let me go to a friends house if they had ordered a PPV, and were having a wrestlemania party or something. I've never completely forgiven them.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #1354
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And now that I've read all the online recaps, backstage stuff and all that, I'm happy to report that we were on the side opposite where Kong was dumped over the top rope & missed her wardrobe malfunction entirely ... thank God.

what would have been worse, explaining it to your kid, or the nightmares it would have caused?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #1355
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
what would have been worse, explaining it to your kid, or the nightmares it would have caused?

Probably the worst would have been trying to find my way out of the club level to the first aid station to get a ride to the hospital to get treatment for my suddenly vacant & burning eye sockets.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #1356
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

From pwinsider.com

In what isn't much of a surprise at this point, WWE.com has posted the following:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Booker T and WWE Diva Sharmell as of October 27. We wish both Booker & Sharmell he best in all their future endeavors.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #1357
DeToxRox
Head Coach

And if you read TNA spoilers they've managed to undo most of the good that came out of BFG
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #1358
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
And if you read TNA spoilers they've managed to undo most of the good that came out of BFG

NO NO NO NO NO.

Really?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #1359
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
NO NO NO NO NO.

Really?

If you're a Joe fan be ready for the impending feud with a guy whos name happens to rhyme with feud.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #1360
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Oh and everyones favorite Disco Stu impersonator is back in TNA
Old 10-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #1361
DeToxRox
Head Coach

ECW & SD are apparently going to be a joint brand as Sci Fi isn't sure they'll renew the ECW deal in December.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #1362
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
ECW & SD are apparently going to be a joint brand as Sci Fi isn't sure they'll renew the ECW deal in December.

hip hip hooray!! now if they'll just combine two more all will be swell.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #1363
DeToxRox
Head Coach

And TNA outdoes themselves tonight with even more perplexing booking then last night
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #1364
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

DeTox beat me to it I see.

Who the FUCK is booking this shit? Dusty fucking Rhodes?

Come out of a kickass PPV, manage to sell ME two shirts (not counting the two for my son) and then you try to pawn off idiotic bullshit like this as something worth watching? Fuck you Jeff Jarret, fuck you Vince Russo, fuck you Dutch Mantell, fuck you Kurt Angle, and fuck you Dixie Carter you dimwitted jocksniffing silverspooned twat.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #1365
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
DeTox beat me to it I see.

Who the FUCK is booking this shit? Dusty fucking Rhodes?

Come out of a kickass PPV, manage to sell ME two shirts (not counting the two for my son) and then you try to pawn off idiotic bullshit like this as something worth watching? Fuck you Jeff Jarret, fuck you Vince Russo, fuck you Dutch Mantell, fuck you Kurt Angle, and fuck you Dixie Carter you dimwitted jocksniffing silverspooned twat.

And to make matters worse the rumored mystery man at the next PPV is Scott Hall lol
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #1366
Comey
College Starter

Where are the spoilers? I'd like to see them.

Can someone provide a link?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #1367
DeToxRox
Head Coach

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...(SPOILERS).htm

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...(SPOILERS).htm
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #1368
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Where are the spoilers? I'd like to see them.

Can someone provide a link?

Try tnawrestlingnews.com (just make sure you've got a pop-up blocker working)
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #1369
Comey
College Starter

Thanks. What a load of crap.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #1370
molson
General Manager

Davari released by the WWE today also.

I still hope we see Muhammad Hussan again someday - the guy was a decent wrestler, but had very good charisma and was a heat machine whenever he did anything.

Maybe I'm old school - but the fact that we don't have any big-time middle eastern heels on the wrestling scene just seems......wrong.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #1371
molson
General Manager

A few more details on Teddy Hart, which I found amusing - from PWInsider:

"While Teddy Hart had been very much more behaved than in previous years, this was just a case once again of Teddy being Teddy. While in developmental recently during the course of matches, Teddy would randomly springboard in off the ropes or do unexpected moonsaults, etc.. Basically going in to business for himself. He would be admonished, reprimanded, and told that he can not do that. Then at the next show he'd do it again. If WWE instructed everyone to dress business casual, Teddy would show up in his glittery pink outfits and so on and so forth.

The breaking point was when Teddy was admonished and told he needed to learn better ring psychology, and he gave what was described as "A Teddy Hart Answer". Vince McMahon was in one of his "on the warpath" moods on that day during talent evaluations, and it was decided that Teddy was not worth the trouble.

Following his release he's contracted TNA, to which Mike couldn't get any answers in regards to a possible deal there. He also contacted Ring of Honor several times, who immediately said they had no interest. He also contacted Jersey All Pro, and Mike expects to see him showing up there.

Just Teddy being Teddy."
Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #1372
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

{checks calendar} Nope, it's not April 1st.

I can only hope that this is either some sort of joke or that someone has hacked their site or something but ... well, let's just say that it doesn't really surprise me all that much at this point. Sigh.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/head...94672371.shtml
TNAWrestlingNews.com has learned that TNA is apparently talking to former WCW World Heavyweight champion David Arquette.

Arquette called Jonny Fairplay about managing him.

We'll have a full detailed update on this here on TNAWrestlingNews.com on Friday.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #1373
molson
General Manager

I really hate that that got leaked.

Now TNA can't announce that they've signed a "former World Champion", try to sell a PPV based on that, and then have it be David Arquette.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #1374
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Harry Smith vs. Carlito on RAW!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #1375
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow. That Candice Michelle/Beth Phoenix segment reeked of HLA.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 10-22-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 AM   #1376
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Wow. That Candice Michelle/Beth Phoenix segment reeked of HLA.

Brutal Fall at the end knocked her out. WWE.com says just a shoulder injury though:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...lle-vs-beth-ph
Old 10-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #1377
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Brutal Fall at the end knocked her out. WWE.com says just a shoulder injury though:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...lle-vs-beth-ph

if she wasnt out cold, that was one of the best sells i have ever seen.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #1378
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, and it appeared that those emts were actually doing their jobs right, as opposed to the ones that normally come out...again...if that was an angle, it was run better than anything i have seen them do before.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:36 AM   #1379
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

pwinsider now says concussion & broken clavicle for Candice Michelle.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #1380
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Sorry, not buying it. They've gone down that road way too many times. The referee giving the "X" sign with his forearms right in front of the camera was way too obvious.

Work work work work work work work work work work work work work work.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #1381
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Sorry, not buying it. They've gone down that road way too many times. The referee giving the "X" sign with his forearms right in front of the camera was way too obvious.

Work work work work work work work work work work work work work work.

Did you see the bump?

I don't recall a fake injury every being reported as real by both WWE.com and pwinsider.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:46 AM   #1382
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Yeah, I saw it, and to be honest it reminded me of every in-ring injury angle the WWE has ever done. To me it looked scripted, from the bump all the way to the commentary to the backboard. We've seen angles like this to give wrestlers extended time off from injury, so nothing the WWE has done or is doing convinces me that this is even slightly real.

That being said, everyone on pwtorch.com is convinced it's legit, so I'll begrudgingly admit it's probably real, but that is in spite of what I saw on Raw, not because of it.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 10-23-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: and yeah, that was a sick, sick bump :)
Old 10-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #1383
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I saw it, and to be honest it reminded me of every in-ring injury angle the WWE has ever done. To me it looked scripted, from the bump all the way to the commentary to the backboard. We've seen angles like this to give wrestlers extended time off from injury, so nothing the WWE has done or is doing convinces me that this is even slightly real.

That being said, everyone on pwtorch.com is convinced it's legit, so I'll begrudgingly admit it's probably real, but that is in spite of what I saw on Raw, not because of it.

The bump was wicked. As much as the smart inside me would like to say it's a work, Candice didn't have her hands up, and she just landed face-first on the mat. I'm glad she's alright... but daaaaaaaaaaaamn, that must've hurt like a bitch.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #1384
molson
General Manager

Quote:

The WWE does the "serious hushed tone injury angle" way too often, so they sort of deserve this kind of reaction.

But there was little things that were different - trying to give her a water bottle, actually taking their time to get her on the backboard, etc.

But the bump was the thing. No one's ever taken a worked unprotected face first bump like that in the history of wrestling.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #1385
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
But the bump was the thing. No one's ever taken a worked unprotected face first bump like that in the history of wrestling.
Intentionally, anyway
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #1386
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I actually like what Wade Keller had to say on the subject. Paraphrasing, he suggests that with the rising popularity of MMA, fans would accept a referee simply running over, covering up the wreslter, and calling for the bell. Problem is, the WWE would start to use it in angles, natch.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #1387
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I actually like what Wade Keller had to say on the subject. Paraphrasing, he suggests that with the rising popularity of MMA, fans would accept a referee simply running over, covering up the wreslter, and calling for the bell. Problem is, the WWE would start to use it in angles, natch.

It's actually weird that they insist on finishing matches when this happens. Beth Phoenix could have easily made the injury worse by pulling her hair and arm to bring her to the middle of the ring (and she wasn't exactly gentle).

And then there's Steve Austin actually getting a roll-up pin on Owen Hart a few seconds after breaking his neck.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #1388
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's actually weird that they insist on finishing matches when this happens. Beth Phoenix could have easily made the injury worse by pulling her hair and arm to bring her to the middle of the ring (and she wasn't exactly gentle).

And then there's Steve Austin actually getting a roll-up pin on Owen Hart a few seconds after breaking his neck.

In what could be considered the WEAKEST roll-up and pin in the history of wrestling!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #1389
molson
General Manager

Quote:
In what could be considered the WEAKEST roll-up and pin in the history of wrestling!

Yes, though I prefer to look at is as the best roll-up and pin in the history of wrestling ever performed by a guy with a broken neck.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #1390
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Her feet caught the ropes. She landed on her face/shoulder. Goddamn. That must've hurt.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #1391
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Apparently they did a similar spot a few days ago... so it was a planned spot (that she would get caught on the top rope).. but a legitimate injury.

From a DVDVR thread (it's about a house show in Ireland)

Match 7 – Beth Phoenix v Candice Michelle for the Women’s Championship. This was a decent WWE women’s match, including Candice hitting a huracanrana from the top. There were two botched spots though, which almost made the match memorable for all the wrong reasons. Candice seemed to miss a headlock takedown, and landed hard on her back, which seemed to wind her for a little bit. But about 2 minutes before the end of the match, Candice was on the top and Beth went to crotch her, but Candice missed the top turnbuckle and fell face first to the mat, narrowly missing landing head and neck first. Thankfully she was ok. Beth pinned her shortly afterwards.

So apparently this was the 2nd time in a week they had screwed up the spot.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-23-2007 at 05:49 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #1392
Travis
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I love how you can see her land *hard* on her left shoulder, then a hair pull and (left) arm yank to pull her out for the pin.

Nothing like complete disregard for any potential injury to just wrap up the match.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #1393
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Y'know, the whole Angle-Sting-Nash mess is some horrible booking IMO and I don't see much that would redeem it.

That said however, I thought Don West actually did some of his best work as a solo commentator during Cornette's segment with Tenay. He's always, at least in theory I guess, been the "voice of the fan" and I thought his incredulous reaction to the decision was pretty appropriate for that role.

Sure doesn't make me feel better about the WCW-esque state of booking affairs (Dudleys vs the X-Division is actually even worse than the World Title mess) but it was a slim bright spot in the otherwise dismal picture.

(Yeah, I know how screwed you are when Don West is your bright spot)
Old 10-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #1394
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Expect to see Flair vs. Sting in TNA soon...

no proof, just a hunch.

Doesn't Sting need a partner for his next PPV?????

Once again: no proof, just a hunch
Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #1395
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Can't see it happening 'Crow, and apparently neither can Flair. He's making that pretty clear as recently as last week. I've multiple reports on this interview with all having about the same take, just linking to the one that Googled up first.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/6772
I heard Ric Flair on "The Drive" on Fox Sports Radio around 2:45 PM CST, 10/19/07. He spoke about Benoit, his love for the WWE, how the 4 horsemen were created, Wrestlemania in Orlando, FL, and a caller asked him if he would ever go to TNA. He said he would never go to TNA. He said no disrespect to them but he is WWE for the rest of his career.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #1396
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Y'know, the whole Angle-Sting-Nash mess is some horrible booking IMO and I don't see much that would redeem it.

That said however, I thought Don West actually did some of his best work as a solo commentator during Cornette's segment with Tenay. He's always, at least in theory I guess, been the "voice of the fan" and I thought his incredulous reaction to the decision was pretty appropriate for that role.

Sure doesn't make me feel better about the WCW-esque state of booking affairs (Dudleys vs the X-Division is actually even worse than the World Title mess) but it was a slim bright spot in the otherwise dismal picture.

(Yeah, I know how screwed you are when Don West is your bright spot)

so, nash gets pushed to main event for messing with the x-division . . . now it's the dudley's turn.. lovely... now i know why i fast-forward most of impact now...

depressing.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #1397
finketr
College Prospect

oh.. i look forward to spolierish type info along the lines of:

you must see the petey williams - aj styles match, for example.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #1398
miami_fan
Coordinator

Fabulous Moolah passes away

Quote:
WWE is saddened by the passing of Lillian Ellison, who was known to sports-entertainment fans as Hall of Famer Fabulous Moolah. She passed away last night in Columbia, S.C.

In the world of women’s wrestling, there will always be one irrefutable legend that stands head and shoulders above the rest: The Fabulous Moolah. She was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter. And with more than 50 years in the business to her credit, she established a legacy that will never be forgotten, making her name synonymous with female wrestling.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/fabulousmoolahpasses
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #1399
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Credit where it's due, nice cheap heat line from Santino (in LA for Raw)

"Steve Austin is like Kobe Bryant. He's bald. He's popular. He doesn't want to be in Los Angeles."

edit to add: The rest of the segment was fairly predictable, stunner & all, but the beer truck with a hose wasn't a bad touch to finish it & Santino sold the comedy spot nicely, ass whip & all

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #1400
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Credit where it's due, nice cheap heat line from Santino (in LA for Raw)

"Steve Austin is like Kobe Bryant. He's bald. He's popular. He doesn't want to be in Los Angeles."

edit to add: The rest of the segment was fairly predictable, stunner & all, but the beer truck with a hose wasn't a bad touch to finish it & Santino sold the comedy spot nicely, ass whip & all

they should have Santino ambush and ass whoop Austin soon, maybe with a little help from the legend killer. that would put massive heat on those 2
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote