Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #1351
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
Now the season has ended and if it was ootp I'd know srping training and the draft were around the corner. But it's football in the first week of May and I really don't know what I should be doing? Is there any kind of playoff?
There is a playoff in the Conference North/South. You'll notice the playoff slots on the League Table. First place gains automatic promotion.

You'll be surprised how short the off-season is. Don't wait until the off-season to transfer list players. Make sure you have a scouting staff in place and develop a shortlist of players you'd be interested in. One thing to remember is that a player who is in the last year of his contract can accept contract offers from other teams in the last six months of his current deal. In this way, you can 'poach' players from teams without having to pay a transfer fee.

You don't need to mess with training. Players will automatically be placed on vacation and you'll be notified about this. I've set up a training schedule I'm happy with and now I just leave it year round.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #1352
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I get the same message, whereas I previously had no problems. So I'm guessing it's something on DR's servers.
If you still have your order# and password, you can reset your key if you press 'Customer Service' on that pop-up window and enter the information.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #1353
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
If you still have your order# and password, you can reset your key if you press 'Customer Service' on that pop-up window and enter the information.

Hmm, I think I'll try that next time.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:01 AM   #1354
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

my goalie constantly kicks it up the field to my strikers, where they get out jumped with a header. I just had a game where my strikers were a combined 0-25 on headers. What strategies can I use to stop this from happening so much? (assuming I'm not able to go out and sign big high jumping strikers with 20 heading ratings)
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:04 AM   #1355
Desnudo
Coordinator

Set the GK's distribution instruction to defender collect.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #1356
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Yup, under tactics/player instructions, you can have the goalie feed it to your defenders and/or a specific player if you wish.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #1357
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody can tell me in what a "cynical" fould is different from a "professional" foul?

I had a defender draw a straight red card after he held an opponent's jersey just outside our penalty area. I didn't think he was the last defender, thus I didn't expect the red for a professional foul (which I understand is called when a defender is the last one between an attacker and the goalkeeper and he fouls the attacker in a clear attempt to keep him from having a one on one with the keeper, or an empty net goal) but never expected the cynical foul call...

On another note, still regarding red cards, I just had my first positive reversal of a one match ban on an appeal. When the call happened in the game, the commentary went something like "this didn't even look like a foul", yet my guy drew the straight red.

I'd gone almost 3/4 of a season without a red and I've now draw three in about 2 weeks of play, two of them in the same game, all straight reds too... In that one game where we got two, our opponent had one later in the game, crazy I tell you, that ref was about to lose control and let it degenerate in bench clearing brawl as if we were in the ECHL...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-30-2006 at 09:05 AM. Reason: **first positive reversal**
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #1358
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

FM, you hooligan!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #1359
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
FM, you hooligan!

well, as I said, it had been a long while since I'd seen any reds for our side then boom had that guy sent off on a dubious call where the appeal rescinded the ban and then that crazy game. The first one, the cynical foul, came only 5 minutes into the game and the other guy was sent off about 15 minutes into the game for elbowing and opponent in the face. And on his debut with the club no less He is still under scrutiny from the FA and they may increase his ban. Don't need to tell you that I gave him a formal warning for violent behaviour, the first time I've ever used that one. I'd used the warning for having been sent off on players sent off after arguing with referees but I'd never had to discipline a player for having been too violent...

FM
Old 01-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #1360
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

The one thing I love about playing a CA type formation is that the opponent gets a fair share of red cards handed out when they're trying to chase down my speedy wingers and strikers on the break.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #1361
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
You'd be surprised at some of the stuff which goes back and forth in football at times ... especially between teams who are close rivals.

Some of the stuff between Wenger and Mourinho this season has been straight out of a soap opera ...
I wanted to comment on that. There was a sequence of about a week where, among other things, Mourinho called Wenger "obsessed with Chelsea", saying he was always commenting on them. I found that kind of funny. Then last week, Mourinho comes out and says he repsects Wenger and he hopes they can put aside the bad blood, or something to that effect

This leads me to how the media in FM can be close to what they are, at least in regards to English football. I've been following the EPL a lot more lately (since the holiday break mostly) and many of the little tidbits that appear on the Yahoo! UK football section, or the bbc.co.uk football section seem to be taken right out of FM, it's quite comical sometimes.

Take this exhibit from Mick McCarthy, manager of Sunderland, after his team lost to League One Brentford in the FA Cup this weekend...

Quote:
Mick hoping to avoid repeat
Mon 30 Jan, 3:51 PM

Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy has admitted relegation is a certainty if his side continue to reproduce woeful displays like that against Brentford in their FA Cup fourth round defeat.

The Black Cats host derby rivals Middlesbrough on Tuesday looking for their first double of the season and only their third Premiership win.

To achieve that they will have to erase the memories of a dreadful display at Griffin Park as they were humbled by Martin Allen's League One promotion hopefuls and £5,000 striker Dudley 'DJ' Campbell.

Sunderland have taken only nine points from 22 league matches and are eight adrift of second-bottom Portsmouth and a further five behind Steve McClaren's rapidly-descending side in 17th.

McCarthy knows the seemingly inevitable will become unavoidable sooner rather than later if Saturday's horror show is repeated.

"Absolutely, it would be if we play like that," he said.

"I have not been as angry and as upset as I was on Saturday - and still am - for a long time.

"I've watched the game - I've watched the second half again this morning - and it doesn't get any better, let me tell you. It's just a difficult one to come to terms with, really.

"I'm wondering where it came from because we have performed so well, certainly over the last five or six weeks, and to get that performance in a really important game, a game that we really should win...

"It doesn't matter what two teams you put out on the pitch, whatever level you are at, if you are playing against somebody far better, if you out-battle them, out-fight them, out-scrap them, you are going to have a chance, and that's what happened."

McCarthy's demeanour was that of a man barely able to control his anger, and he admitted he stayed out of the way of the men who surrendered at Brentford during Sunday's training session.

"I took the players out training who hadn't played," he said. "I purposely avoided them because I may have said something I might have regretted, and I didn't really want to do that."

Saturday's defeat was all the more galling as it came just seven days after the Wearsiders had breathed new life into their Premiership campaign with a hard-fought and deserved 1-0 victory at West Brom.

However, the Yorkshireman is delighted to have an immediate opportunity to put things right against a side which has its own problems after scraping a 1-1 FA Cup draw at Coventry.

"I'm pleased it's not a Saturday or Sunday, or even worse still, a Monday game and having to wait eight or nine days for it," he admitted.

"It's great. A local derby is a huge game for both clubs. Whether that's going to make it a nervy affair, I don't know, but it's a fantastic fixture to come around for us.

"Boro have got very good players. They have got injury problems like the rest of us, but certainly in their strikers, they have got goals in them - but they have conceded a lot of goals a bit like us.

"It's going to be a really pressurised game for both teams. They don't want to be dragged into that bottom three, and we don't want to be beaten by our local rivals.

"We want to try to catch somebody and hopefully, still try to stay up. But the pressure is on them."
Read the bolded section. I can't say how often this has happened to me currently with Luton. Out of nowhere, we have a couple of stinkers after playing kind of well for a while, then we get his by a few injuries and it goes all down to hell...

Reading that article has kind of put my own problems in the game in perspective, heh
FM
Old 01-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #1362
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Ok, need a little MLS input here. I've only been following soccer for like the last three seasons now and it's mainly been the EPL. I've got a current career going in WSM 06 where I'm in my 13th season, or something like that, over in England and it's growing a bit stale and I want to change it up a bit.

One of my thoughts on changing things up is starting a career in the MLS but was wondering what I could expect as far as obtaining players. Do players get brought in solely via the draft and trades? Or is there any kind of transer system to bring players in at all? And what countries do most players come from besides the USA? Is it mainly players from this continent? Just curious.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:31 PM   #1363
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
There is a playoff in the Conference North/South. You'll notice the playoff slots on the League Table. First place gains automatic promotion.

You'll be surprised how short the off-season is. Don't wait until the off-season to transfer list players. Make sure you have a scouting staff in place and develop a shortlist of players you'd be interested in. One thing to remember is that a player who is in the last year of his contract can accept contract offers from other teams in the last six months of his current deal. In this way, you can 'poach' players from teams without having to pay a transfer fee.

You don't need to mess with training. Players will automatically be placed on vacation and you'll be notified about this. I've set up a training schedule I'm happy with and now I just leave it year round.

Thanks for the advice. The playoffs did show up the next time I "continued".

So promotion is still possible If promoted will I see an increase in wages allowed by the board? With my current wage situation I could conceivably gain promotion but move up with a much less talented team after making the wage cuts the board wants. Definatly gives me plenty to think about, should be interesting.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #1364
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
If promoted will I see an increase in wages allowed by the board?
It depends on the board and how much cash you have on hand. I was making money by selling players and still managed promotion so the board let me bump the budget with whatever I could sell.

I love the fact that at contract time the board let's me decide whether to put more toward salaries or a transfer budget. I'm very passive in the transfer market, looking for deals, so I'd much prefer a larger wage budget. Great feature by SI.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #1365
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I love the fact that at contract time the board let's me decide whether to put more toward salaries or a transfer budget. I'm very passive in the transfer market, looking for deals, so I'd much prefer a larger wage budget. Great feature by SI.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not much of a spender on the transfer market but I like to splurge in the free transfers and find bargains for free, which I usually do but I sometimes have to pay the wages to make the players come to us. Being allowed to give up transfer money for more wage makes a whole lot of sense in my case...

FM
Old 01-31-2006, 12:55 PM   #1366
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

one thing I wanted to comment about is how nice it is to see the AI managers try and bid on your players and try different stuff to try and get you to let them go. I think it was SirFozzie who mentionned a crazy offer, something very big, but with nothing or very little up front and the rest split over 24 months.

Last night I had one of these offers. We're in late December and I'm getting pissed off with some of my strikers, name one Enoch Showunmi who at times can can give a big show as his last name implies and at other times can play more like the eunuch that his first name reminds you with a whopping stamina of 8. I finally got so pissed off with him in one game where his condition dipped to something like 62% before the halftime break that I transfer listed him right after the game. Now, he's got some finishing skill (around 15) and is very explosive (pace & acceleration at 16) but as I said, he can't run for very long. Valued at $75k, I decided to list him for $95k and see if anybody would bite. The January period is a non-factor since his contract is still good for another season. A week passes and I receive and offer from Watford. Simply saw the email saying "Watford has made a bid for Showunmi" or whatever it says. Expecting the usual $95k I was asking for, the email says they are offering something like $1.45M for him. SAY WHAT!!!

Turns out the offer is for $0 up front and $1.25M once he's scored 40 goals for them with a 20% of next sale clause. hehehe, very clever if they need a dude for the end of the season, not so bright if they plan on keeping him for many years. I still wanted to get something for him, so I countered with $75k now and that $1.25M after 20 goals and they accepted. Off he goes... Just found the idea they had was interesting... They are in League One and Showunmi has already scored something like 15 for us in maybe 30 appearances. He could get to that 20 goal limit in one season if played regularly in League One, where Watford are now. We'll see...

Maybe it wasn't the best idea, maybe they have a real need for him, maybe they will sell him when he'll be at 19 goals, but at least they are trying something...

FM
Old 01-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #1367
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I had that happen in one of my games, I was due an extra million dollars after 20 goals..

the player scored 18.. and then.. was moved to the reserves and eventually sold..

Marc, is there code designed to try to save teams money if a middling player is close to a goal?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:50 PM   #1368
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I had that happen in one of my games, I was due an extra million dollars after 20 goals..

the player scored 18.. and then.. was moved to the reserves and eventually sold..

Marc, is there code designed to try to save teams money if a middling player is close to a goal?

thanks for the heads up. I just feel better now that I have asked for that $75k front so I'll at least have a little something. Now if I can hope something is that he gets to 17 and the has a hat trick in one game

FM
Old 01-31-2006, 01:58 PM   #1369
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Put it this way we make the AI as clever as possible ...

PS> IRL there have been cases where a talented player has been benched for just this sort of reason, eventually leaving the club he was at for a reduced fee because the club who owns him can't afford to play him ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #1370
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The funny thing Marc, if anyone here pulled that in a net game, they'd be accused of metagaming

You British 'ar an orribly sneaky lot, you is!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #1371
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I agree it's not an offer I'd allow myself to do, simply because I'd fear I'd be gaining an unfair advantage over the AI by finding some sort of hole in its thinking...

FM
Old 02-01-2006, 02:22 AM   #1372
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I agree it's not an offer I'd allow myself to do, simply because I'd fear I'd be gaining an unfair advantage over the AI by finding some sort of hole in its thinking...
The AI views such offers as a partial 'gamble' - they 'know' that a clever human might try and play the system .. but also that if they don't then they'll make good money (much as how a human evaluates such an offer).
Old 02-01-2006, 02:59 AM   #1373
KeyserSoze
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't think it could be accused of cheat, since I have seen this sort of things in real teams. Nice IA.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 AM   #1374
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

I have a player who's always had a good releationship with one of his teammates. Then a news report came out that said he dislikes that teammate. His player card reads:

Slight Concerns: Dislikes Luis Salmaron
Future Plans: Considering his options
Good Relationships: Pleased to be playing alongside Salmeron

Is this normal or some kind of little bug?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #1375
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

It sounds like a bug - but I can rationalise it away by indicating they work well on the pitch but badly in their private lives (Shearer and Sutton had such a relationship when they played together irl) ....

(but on a serious note I'll try and replicate and fix it ..)
Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #1376
Shepp
High School Varsity

Has anyone here experienced players becoming unhappy with their playing time and then staying that way no matter how many times they're played after? I was looking at the forum there are several threads that say once this happens players will not sign a new contract and you are forced to lose them. The threads say that its been happening since 6.02.

I have a couple backups that are unhappy and if they leave, no big deal. I was just wondering if anyone here has seen this with their first team players.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #1377
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Shepp, I think I'm seeing this right now. I got this kid who's about 22 or so who got pissed around the end of last season saying he felt he should be a first teamer. At 21, he wasn't up to par to replace my starting AMC. Now this season, I've started him in maybe 17 of our 28 games and played him off the bench in maybe 5 others, giving him 22 appearances with the first team out of 28. He's still pissed and says he doesn't want to renew his contract. His contract is up in June and we've just entered the January transfer window and I'm quite afraid I'll lose him which sucks...

FM
Old 02-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #1378
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Shepp, I think I'm seeing this right now. I got this kid who's about 22 or so who got pissed around the end of last season saying he felt he should be a first teamer. At 21, he wasn't up to par to replace my starting AMC. Now this season, I've started him in maybe 17 of our 28 games and played him off the bench in maybe 5 others, giving him 22 appearances with the first team out of 28. He's still pissed and says he doesn't want to renew his contract. His contract is up in June and we've just entered the January transfer window and I'm quite afraid I'll lose him which sucks...

FM
I was in a very similar situation to this. So I started the player in a bunch of games and yet he still was unhappy, feeling he "should be a first teamer." A new season rolled over, and now maybe a third of the way into it he is finally content. So it is not necessarily a permanent problem.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #1379
Blade6119
Coordinator

I hope my...my 19 year old striker is already saying this and hes a future star for me(im now at PSV)...hes not good enough to replace my two starters(both over 10 mil in value) but he should start in a few years...just not now
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #1380
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
It sounds like a bug - but I can rationalise it away by indicating they work well on the pitch but badly in their private lives (Shearer and Sutton had such a relationship when they played together irl) ....

(but on a serious note I'll try and replicate and fix it ..)

After a couple of games, he still dislikes Salmeron but now under good relationship it says "believes Roman Diaz will become a valuable member of the team." So maybe it just took a little time to change his loyalties, or it could have been a new news story that came up about Salmeron wanting to go to a bigger club. Anyway, no big deal.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #1381
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Just curious...do you have him tabbed as a "Hot Prospect" or "First Team" or "Key Player?"
Old 02-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #1382
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Just curious...do you have him tabbed as a "Hot Prospect" or "First Team" or "Key Player?"
Nope, though he should be a hot prospect he is just listed as a decent player(he came through my youth system as a fairly average prospect but has just boomed in talent/mental/physical...hes not even listed as ambitious...he whned about playing time, i told him if he worked hard in training he would get his shot and im bringing him in after were up to try and appease him
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #1383
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Is he riding the pine with the first team, or playing with the Reserves or Youth team?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #1384
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Is he riding the pine with the first team, or playing with the Reserves or Youth team?
he was starring for the U-19s at the time he made the comments, and since i have brought him up as a sub
Demotivation
Old 02-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #1385
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Take away his allowance.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #1386
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Take away his allowance.

you mean all of his weekly $5!!!

Dude I wouldn't want to be your son, you are one tough cookie!

FM
Old 02-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #1387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

how come we as human managers can't part-own players? I would love to do this...sell 50% of a young player to a lower-league team. At this point I've resorted to selling players with buyback fees. which i guess is pretty much the same, but is nowhere near as neat.

or is it just in spain that i can't do part-ownership?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #1388
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

it's only in Italy, I believe
Old 02-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #1389
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

booya. i havn't played any italian careers in FM06. I'm still obsessing over my Spanish career. So if I play as say Juve can I offer to sell 50% of one of my young players to a Serie B or C team?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #1390
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

How does part-owning work?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #1391
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I run into this problem sometimes (bringing in 171 players in 4 seasons seemed to have done that). You would need to start him in consecutive games. Depending on how upset he is and his personality, it could take anywhere from, say, 5 to 15 games. At least based on what I have seen. Note that I said start, coming off the bench does not seem to help matter with this issue (which makes sense, given that he wants to be a part of the first team).
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #1392
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
How does part-owning work?

This is how it worked in '05

Team A is interested in a player on Team B. Instead of making a transfer offer, Team A can offer to co-own the player with Team B. Team A will offer some cash to own 50% of the player's rights (the default offer was 50% of the player's value). There is a time limit (I've seen 1 year and 2 year deals) and you can arrange it so that the player can either join Team A or stay on Team B. When the time limit is up, the two clubs send an offer in to the FA and the club with the highest offer will then get full ownership (tie offers will let the player stay at the club he's playing for).

If Team C is interested in a co-owned player, they will have to negotiate a transfer fee with both clubs.

I usually see it when a Serie A team likes a young player on a Serie B team. The offer a co-own and the Serie B team accepts because they could use the money. The player would usually stay at the Serie B team because the Serie A team has depth. When the year or two of co-ownership ends and the Serie A team likes the player's progress, they will make an offer. If they don't like the player anymore then they will offer $0 and let the Serie B team keep him.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #1393
Daimyo
College Starter

I started with Hayes in the English Conference South and earned promotion to League One in my 8th season. At the start of the 8th season I asked to expand the stadium (capacity is only ~400 seated, 6500 total right now) and the board accepted... just before the start of the League One season I get a message that the local council rejected the plans for expansion so now I'm stuck with a woefully undersized stadium.

Will the council ever chaneg their mind or am I screwed? Is there anything I can do about it such as move to a new location or bribe them?
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #1394
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wait till i screenshot this and post it. i just had both of my MC's kicked out of the game on one play. One of my strikers got fouled in the box, and all i saw was my DMC kick another guy and then my AMC got a card also (hafta read the PBP to see what he did). I'm amused, but VERY irritated.

edit: not irritated at the game cuz i think this is a bug or whatever, irritated at the players. Like I just punched the wall.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 02-01-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #1395
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola.

WOW. just WOW. I have NEVER in all my years seen a team play this poorly. EVER. No single player had a rating over 5, and it looks at first glance like it was about 50/50 between 4's and 5's. Lost 5-0. WOW. I'm more than a little pissed at my team. So, do I warn/fine everybody?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #1396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow. so i fined my entire team for poor performance, and then fined the two midfielders a week each for violent behavior and being sent off, and got myself the sack.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #1397
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
FM

This is the same sort of thing I was seeing on the boards over at SI. I try to take things I read over there with a grain of salt, because those are some VERY ZEALOUS fans, and they tend to blow little things out of proportion. However, it appears that at least something is going on here. Its just not clear if this is a bug or something that can be worked through during the course of the game
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #1398
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
I started with Hayes in the English Conference South and earned promotion to League One in my 8th season. At the start of the 8th season I asked to expand the stadium (capacity is only ~400 seated, 6500 total right now) and the board accepted... just before the start of the League One season I get a message that the local council rejected the plans for expansion so now I'm stuck with a woefully undersized stadium.

Will the council ever chaneg their mind or am I screwed? Is there anything I can do about it such as move to a new location or bribe them?

I was just reading about this sort of thing on another board, but the answer there (from another gamer, not SI) was that stadiums that are controlled by a second party such as a local council, etc. will never get expanded.

...which makes it quite important to check out the Conference North/South teams before accepting a job with them. Apparently there is no direct way to figure this out from the game before you accept the job, so you've got to either look on the SI forums for some info or try to hunt it down in real life.

Again, I might be wrong, as this was not official info. Marc may be able to shed more light here.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #1399
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp
This is the same sort of thing I was seeing on the boards over at SI. I try to take things I read over there with a grain of salt, because those are some VERY ZEALOUS fans, and they tend to blow little things out of proportion. However, it appears that at least something is going on here. Its just not clear if this is a bug or something that can be worked through during the course of the game

After checking on my kid, turns out I've started him only 11 times this season and he's come off the bench 11 times. I've started trying what daedalus has suggested and I will start him, no matter what, in consecutive and I'll report back in here. He's an AM RLC so there are a few places where I can start it, even if I leave him in only for the first half and I have to sub him out at halftime. We'll see if that makes him happy, although it may be too late for that...

After last evening's playing session, it had been 4 consecutive starts...

FM
Old 02-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #1400
Daimyo
College Starter

FWIW, I made the request again the next season and it did get expanded although only up to 9000/2950 so at least its possible to have some movement there.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote