Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #1351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Eep.

Technicality - need to update with (er, DOOM!) like other sections.

Long rule set, huh?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #1352
Mimic
High School JV

Is this real-time?

STANDARD ATTACK DESTROYER
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #1353
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I'm afraid that I have to share some additional bad news. As some of you may have guessed, the fact that Galactus is approaching our planet is not a coincidence. The Herald walks among us.

The former Herald has been walking among us for some time. Is he one and the same?
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #1354
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Okay Mimic -- I see you lurknig about here. What's the situation? I assume you're going after Galactus himself, rather than this Destroyer? Or is this something which delays your plan?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #1355
Mimic
High School JV

If it is real-time, then I would suggest Magneto attacks the Destroyer (who is made of metal). Probably the only ones that could stand up to him at this time are myself, Magneto, and the Scarlet Witch.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #1356
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Technicality - need to update with (er, DOOM!) like other sections.

Long rule set, huh?

So that means that Doom CAN choose new Prelates?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #1357
Mimic
High School JV

INVITE SCARLET WITCH TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #1358
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Hoopsguy, does attacking the destroyer right now count as "going on a mission" ie: if I do so, I can't use my special action tonight?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #1359
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Is this real-time?

STANDARD ATTACK DESTROYER

The Destroyer is a Mission, as such you treat attacks in the same fashion that you would putting points towards a Mission. A post in the thread indicates the use of 1 energy. PM me if you wish to use additional Energy. Participation on the Mission precludes you from other Special actions, just like previous Missions.

You do not use "Standard/Special" attacks per se. I apologize for not making this more clear during the initial post.

There is potentially a real-time component that factors into this Mission. Dealing with him earlier is probably advantageous. The Mission will end when the Destroyer is reduced to ashes.

I'll consider both Mimic and GhostRider attacks null and void - repost if you want to participate on the Mission.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 10-09-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: further clarification, went red, released Mimic and GhostRider from Mission commitment
Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #1360
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
This has been talked about. The more a team participates, the more of a bonus. So If there are 6 members of a team and 4 participate that is better than 2, but 6 provides even more of a bonus.

Thank you for the clarification on this Jean
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #1361
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
INVITE SCARLET WITCH TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

LEAVE STRIKE SQUAD
JOIN BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

Again, apologies to the Vision. I'm sure my participation on this new team will be quite temporary.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #1362
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

STANDARD ATTACK ON DESTROYER
Old 10-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #1363
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
The Mission will end when the Destroyer is reduced to ashes.

Sounds like something I should be able to help with!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #1364
Quicksilver
n00b

DOUBLE ATTACK DESTROYER
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #1365
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
The Destroyer is a Mission, as such you treat attacks in the same fashion that you would putting points towards a Mission. A post in the thread indicates the use of 1 energy. PM me if you wish to use additional Energy.

You do not use "Standard/Special" attacks per se. I apologize for not making this more clear during the initial post.

There is potentially a real-time component that factors into this Mission. Dealing with him earlier is probably advantageous. The Mission will end when the Destroyer is reduced to ashes.
In that case, since I am one of the few that is on (and doing the math) I will remain attacking him. I entreat Magneto and the Scarlet Witch to do the same and based upon your energy levels, put forth what effort you can.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #1366
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I used a fair amount of energy in my attack so I'm hoping I can do well here.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #1367
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

So...Mimic...any plans today? If I attack this Destroyer, I'm not going to be able to help out in any other way today. Also, can you give me a tally of who is on this team?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #1368
Hulk
n00b

HULK NOT FEAR DESTROYER!!! DESTROYER FEAR HULK!!!

TRIPLE ATTACK DESTROYER
Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #1369
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
The plan isn't simply going on the Galactus Mission today. It's funny to hear from you talk of chances. You have the ability to alter probabilities in our favor.

I gather that this is why she asked, Mimic. The Witch feels it best to act only when the odds are long.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #1370
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Good, the Destroyer got the giant green booger mad, that should bring this to a quick end.

BTW- How many shirts do you go through a day since they tear everytime you get mad?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #1371
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc]Magneto stares at the ground, stewing with supervillain envy. "Doom always gets to rule the world. When is it MY turn to rule the world?"[\ooc]
Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #1372
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolypse View Post
I would "request" that all prelates follow my lead that have not used their daily ordering priveledge to get subjects to guard the rest of the prelates. I ask that you spare Dr Doom from these requests.

Catching up, sorry, I missed this, I wasn't back online
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #1373
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. Sinister once again projects a holographic image of himself before you. "Galactus has responded to our attacks by sending The Destroyer to earth to deal with us. Intercept and destroy it."

Note - this Mission will work a little differently than others. Attacks on the Destroyer are recognized in "real-time" - the Mission ends when you have disposed of the Destroyer.
ATTACK THE DESTROYER 4 points
Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #1374
Tyrith
College Starter

To reiterate:

The Destroyer is a MISSION. Treat going on it like you would a mission, it just happens in real time and not at a deadline.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #1375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
In that case, since I am one of the few that is on (and doing the math) I will remain attacking him. I entreat Magneto and the Scarlet Witch to do the same and based upon your energy levels, put forth what effort you can.

Revisit the message you quoted, as I edited it for further clarity.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #1376
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc]Hey Refrigerator magnet, you could always just draw off his armor with your electromagnetic field and pimp-slap him! [\ooc]
Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #1377
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
I will protect Kang with my life. Just don't expect me to sit around and play patty cake with him while he is too afraid of the boogeyman to sleep.

I was thinking we could knit by the fire with a nice bottle of Boone's Farm. Do you like the Apple Blossom or Sun Peak Peach?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #1378
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't recall Mimic offering me a drink or time by the fire?! And to think, I protected him like I would my Harley!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #1379
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
While that may be possible within the rules, I'm not sure many people would want to take a bullet for a Prelate. Remember the guards take the place of the target for the night attack. Certainly the traitors would not volunteer.

Mimic, you persist in pronouncing things of which you are certain, and yet I increasingly disagree!

A traitor could jump at the chance to protect a Prelate, knowing that it might garner them some favor, and besides -- they would be very safe in doing so. The rebels would never attack a Prelate being guraded by one of their own, don't you agree?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #1380
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Revisit the message you quoted, as I edited it for further clarity.

Understood. I feel it is important to destroy the Destroyer before he kills any of us.

ATTACK DESTROYER
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #1381
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I don't recall Mimic offering me a drink or time by the fire?! And to think, I protected him like I would my Harley!

I didn't know you swung that way. I was afraid to poke the Spirit of Vengeance.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #1382
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't think taking volunteers is the right way. Let the Prelate (or whatever they will be called) choose and order their own protector. They can use someone they trust OR pick a person that they distrust and thus control them.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #1383
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Mimic, you persist in pronouncing things of which you are certain, and yet I increasingly disagree!

A traitor could jump at the chance to protect a Prelate, knowing that it might garner them some favor, and besides -- they would be very safe in doing so. The rebels would never attack a Prelate being guraded by one of their own, don't you agree?

Thought one level deep instead of two. You and Emma are correct.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #1384
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I don't think taking volunteers is the right way. Let the Prelate (or whatever they will be called) choose and order their own protector. They can use someone they trust OR pick a person that they distrust and thus control them.

m00t point now.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #1385
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I didn't know you swung that way. I was afraid to poke the Spirit of Vengeance.

Ghost Rider still does like a nice Pina Colada every now and then. But children, remember, you'll never see Ghost Rider drink and then drive to other dimensions...he'll use a sober super hero.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #1386
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
m00t point now.

I don't think so, I think Doom gets his own UN-style security council with similar skills.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #1387
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
[ooc]Hey Refrigerator magnet, you could always just draw off his armor with your electromagnetic field and pimp-slap him! [\ooc]

[ooc] Don't make me come over there and disassemble your Harley.[\ooc]
Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #1388
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
[ooc]Magneto stares at the ground, stewing with supervillain envy. "Doom always gets to rule the world. When is it MY turn to rule the world?"[\ooc]

(ooc) Okay, NOW I see a little resemblance between Magneto and the Scarlet Witch. (/ooc)
Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #1389
HenryPym
Mascot

Hail Lord Doom!

Quite shocking to say the least, but I suppose we should not be surprised given his rule of Latveria for so long that he would lust for more. I do not think we have to worry about Lord Doom being one of the original traitors if the current slate of Prelates is no longer in power. If he was one of the traitors and he can appoint a new set of prelates, then the game is over according to the win conditions. Which would make all this debate useless.

So I'm assuming at this point that Lord Doom is not a member of the opposition, and thus have no trouble following him like I did the late Lord Apocalypse.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #1390
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc]I think my phillips head screwdriver might be stuck to you, could you check for me?[/ooc]
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #1391
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Ghost Rider still does like a nice Pina Colada every now and then. But children, remember, you'll never see Ghost Rider drink and then drive to other dimensions...he'll use a sober super hero.

Funny, I pictured you as more of a Tequila man.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #1392
Mimic
High School JV

All, I must work now but will be back in a bit to check in. Good luck and don't forget we have Galactus to worry about.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #1393
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Funny, I pictured you as more of a Tequila man.

That's why I said "now and then." But really, give me a Jack, Jim, or Jose and I'm a happy biker.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #1394
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Nightfall comes and the forces of Apocalypse are left with mixed feelings. The Rebellion so far has eluded your efforts, Galactus remains a menace, and you have lost some of your membership. However, you have set into motion plans to attack your best and brightest, correct?

How wrong that assumption proves to be. You are startled by a thunderous explosion, followed by a city-wide loss of power. What could have caused this chain of events? You find that the quarters of Lord Apocalypse have been reduced to rubble. The ground is smoldering and has an eerie glow about it.

Dr. Doom is the first among you to speak. "By law of the land, I am now the sovereign ruler of this territory." There is an immediate cry of resentment, but Doom is correct. He is able to demonstrate that he is now the head of state, supplanting the now very, very dead Lord Apocalypse.

Thus endeth the Age of Apocalypse. Long live the Dominion of Doom!

[ ooc - hoopsguy, you sure know how to shake up a game! Nice mechanic! /ooc ]

At last someone was courageous and powerful enough to do what many of us knew must be done. While Apocalypse had done well to set his reign in motion, we all know that his leadership has been lax of late. Accepting the defeat in the mutant mission; attacking the Hulk but seeming surprised and offended when the Hulk responded in kind; failing to bring order to the disparate views and actions of his Prelates; even unto failing to replace Doctor Strange after he fell.

I for one am heartened to have someone in charge who seeks not permission to lead.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #1395
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Since he's apparently still walking around, can I launch a second attack?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #1396
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
If pressed I would guess that Kang, Ghost Rider and Dr Doom inflict 2 points of damage as well, while Silver Samari also inflicts 2 points or powered up his attack on Colossos or Ghost Rider inflicts 3 points.

Correct, I inflict 2 as a standard attack
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #1397
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I am not sure I can effect the Destroyer, I am waiting clarification. I suggest others who feel that they can attack it effectively do so.

I would also like to point out, with an element of self-satisfaction, that I was correct in questioning Dr Doom's excuses that he had to conserve resources to repair his armour. A masterful ruse, my lord. I feel that with one so cunning in charge that we have a better chance at defeating the rebels arrayed against us.

Jean, I have not been in the least bit hostile to you. To say so is a gross distortion of the facts. I stated that your attempt to muster our team into one unified attack made me suspicious. I failed (and still do) to see why if these were your beliefs that they couldn't be aired on a public channel. I further stated that it might be unwise to follow your lead and attack you on the first day unleashing a power that has always proven unpredictable in the past. Those are not hostile comments, merely reasoned responses. I bear you no hostility then and I have gone to great lengths to state that I am not accusing you of treachery, just sending a warning to the deposed Apocalypse.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #1398
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Mr. Sinister once again projects a holographic image of himself before you. "Galactus has responded to our attacks by sending The Destroyer to earth to deal with us. Intercept and destroy it."

Note - this Mission will work a little differently than others. Attacks on the Destroyer are recognized in "real-time" - the Mission ends when you have disposed of the Destroyer.

* A snarl of determination upon his face, the Vision launches himself into the sky without a word, his yellow solar cell blazing like a second sun*

ATTACK DESTROYER (ENERGY)
Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #1399
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I got a note that while my work to defeat Galactus had progressed it was not ideal due to forces of another effecting my work. So since Mimic seems to have people on his side, I'll aid by

ATTACK DESTROYER
Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #1400
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
How do you know? How are you trying to identify said Herald?

I have a personal vendetta againt the big creep and the power to potentially identify the Herald. Thus far I have been unsuccessful in my attempts.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote