Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #1351
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yeah!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #1352
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It seems clear from the early going that something is broken in the party system. Formerly partisan opponents seem to line up with one another to hang one of their own, as much as go after their ideological opposites. Apparently when attempting to censure a wolf, party lines blue not only a little, but a lot.

Even more curious, as a tight race between two Republican representatives developed, is that three Congressmen even abstained, refusing to vote. It will be interesting to see what their constituents think of that.

Former Speaker of the House and Congressman Chubby (D) put up a key vote, as he threw in what turned out to be the deciding vote on Rep. Mrs. Schmidty (R). The vote allowed the other Wolf Censure candidate Tyrith (R) to escape, as a final--and post-late deadline--vote from mccollins-R brought him within one.

Mrs. Schmidty wasn't shocked like claphamsa when the vote became official. Not at all. In fact, she laughed. And it wasn't a "pass the day" laugh. It was more like a "Skeletor thinks he just killed HeMan" laugh.

"You are all fools to continue to believe your way is best for this country!" she said. "You try to hide behind a facade of good will, but you're all cannibals, feeding off of the human flesh that is the people of America. One day, they will realize they have a true party on their side!"

With that, she triumphantly reveals a hidden Wolf Party badge on the inside of her suit coat. She flashes it mockingly at the gathered Representatives before walking out.

MRS. SCHMIDTY HAS BEEN CENSURED, AND SHE WAS A WOLF!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #1353
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Wow. Way to go on that one guys!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #1354
mccollins
College Prospect

Woah! Way to go to the few GOP'ers who crossed over to lynch one of their own!
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #1355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

awesome result.

this clears Pass in my book
Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #1356
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah, that is huge.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #1357
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Later Gators!!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #1358
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Damn, nice one. I have to admit I was VERY suuprised. Especially with the lack of evidence being given to us by the Republicans who voted that way.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #1359
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Weak effort as a wolf, imo.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #1360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

McCollins late vote on Tyrith looks bad.

My late switch doesn't look great either but Heinze wasn't getting any traction. I said in my party thread I would switch to Mrs Schmidty if I had to.

I was really waiting for there to be some shenanagins based on the way the day went
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #1361
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Yes, what's up with that?

I was gone for the day as something unexpected came up at home.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #1362
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Chubby also is elevated in trust IMO
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #1363
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My question is what is up with the Reps that failed to vote today?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #1364
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Today's voting results:

Rep. PackerFanatic (D) has been selected the new Speaker of the House. His term begins now, and will last until the end of the term at the end of the Day Four day cycle.

The Investigative De-Limitation Act met quorum and has been passed.

The Nationalized Healthcare Bill met quorum and has been passed. A Sneaky Wolf clause has been discovered in the bill's fine print.

Both of these bills are now on the desk of President Illinifan999, with a decision due by the end of the night cycle.

Mrs. Schmidty's 6th District is now under the control of President Illinifan999, in addition to the 7th District. The 5th District, formerly controlled by Mrs. Schmidty, is now under the influence of PurdueBrad of the 4th District.

NIGHT THREE HAS NOW BEGUN. THE DEADLINE IS 7 A.M. EST (4 A.M. PDT)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-24-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #1365
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

WOOT! That was huge to get a wolf!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #1366
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, a Buccaneer sighting in the WW forum?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #1367
KWhit
Coordinator

Outstanding!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #1368
KWhit
Coordinator

There are quite a few people that this implicates I think, both from yesterday and today.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #1369
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats to PackerFanatic for getting Speaker. A big win for the party!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #1370
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

With that I'm off to bed. Will check in in the morning.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #1371
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Does anyone see a reason to veto the bill with the sneaky clause?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #1372
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post

totaly, whoever you are

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #1373
KWhit
Coordinator

Any idea what the Sneaky Wolf would be?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #1374
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
McCollins late vote on Tyrith looks bad.

My late switch doesn't look great either but Heinze wasn't getting any traction. I said in my party thread I would switch to Mrs Schmidty if I had to.

I was really waiting for there to be some shenanagins based on the way the day went

Honestly I agree. However, I had about 5 minutes to get a vote in before the popularity deadline (still missed it) and I just followed your lead in voting for one of the people I mentioned as a suspect earlier in the day in our party thread.

In the end, it all worked out and luckily I didn't prevent the lynch of a wolf!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #1375
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

Hmm, looks like this is it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
5. Sneak clause--you gain the ability to avoid being discovered by the bodyguard if you're the wolf "killing"
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #1376
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

Prevents the wolf from being identified by the bodyguard if I read it right from the rules.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #1377
Tyrith
College Starter

No, illini, pass it.

Mccollins put up a late vote -- is it gone? I don't see it, but I see it talked about.

And if he did...mccollins, just adding you to the list. Pass is clean, KWhit is clean, good job certain people :P

And I hope the wonderful people of the Democratic party will take this vote, and the fact that one of your own is now the Speaker, as a sign that we're willing to cooperate and we don't necessarily have to keep lynching Republicans -- if it started 2 on each side, there is now a much greater probability for a democratic wolf :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #1378
Tyrith
College Starter

Ah, it wasn't after the deadline after the deadline, it was just after the 10 minute thing. Okay, well...you had better hope that I live a while
Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #1379
henry296
College Starter

Good job everyone. Not that it matters that much, but I had Mrs Schmidy typed into my vote before changing and going with heinze.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #1380
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Glad that we now have a democratic voice as a higher up

Today ended better than I thought it would.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #1381
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Glad that we now have a democratic voice as a higher up

Today ended better than I thought it would.

As long as you guys play nice and don't try to use our gift to do something silly :P
Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #1382
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Not at all - our party needed that. We were in shambles after yesterday and, although I don't know if the Speaker even influences the party, I hope it helps us win back some of those seats tomorrow. We will be taking a long, hard look inside our party tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #1383
Tyrith
College Starter

Good. And yeah, yesterday was a mess. I'm content for now to let you guys clean up the wreckage of the electoral mess from yesterday, by and large. You can generally guess what that means.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #1384
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ryan Braun = my hero.

That is all.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #1385
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I added in a PM vote I had missed from PurdueBrad into the bill voting and in the lynch. Of course, with both bills passing easily, his votes didn't affect the outcome. The lynch vote might have mattered, except he voted for Mrs. Schmidty. So, really it just put that one away.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-24-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #1386
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Wow, lots to think about a react to today. More random musings from henry296 and the activities of the past 24 hours:

1. Thanks to my fellow democrats for their heroic actions to save me despite costing us any chance of the presidency. I don't think it had a huge impact on the losses of Chubby and Lathum. The sabotoge by heinz and clap was clearly responsible for those actions.

2. From reading the thread realtime there were about 6 votes for me from the republicans in 20 posts. That made the vote 8-5 against me with one on Kwhit and my party was forced to respond. That run really convinced me that this was going to be a partisan vote. If the republicans wanted to make this a non-partisan vote they would've split their votes between kwhit and I. Not that there is anything wrong with that from a game perspective. I'm not sure what I can do to convince people that I'm not a wolf, except that it was a partisan vote except for pass.

2. I'm not sure how to respond to my own loss. I was trailing in the polls going into the day, so the successfully passing of my bill by Congress which was popularly supported should've helped since it wasn't overturned until the next morning. From a game mechanics perspective, the slurries of the republican party turned the tide. However, don't worry I will be back and run for re-election as I remain extremely popular.

3. Speaker - I have no vote, but I'm suprised by the republican's running 2 candidates.

4. While the democrats were hurt by the decisions during the game, I feel if in power the republican's would've made similar decisions. For example, a republican would've vetoed the bill and were very close to having a partisan lynching. I guess you can thank pass for that. i think the republicans who are making a big deal out of hits the democrats took need to look in the mirror because they would've done the same thing in our shoes.

5. Supreme Court decision was surprising. Do we think that no matter what the third bill was, it would've been rejected. CR was very vague about not knowing the other bills caused him to change his mind.

Re: number 1, do you mean cronin and clap?

Re: number 2, I think you're conveniently leaving out the three straight votes on clap. It's not like the Dems were exactly scrambling to say, "that's not what it looks like"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #1387
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

MRS. SCHMIDTY HAS BEEN CENSURED, AND SHE WAS A WOLF!

OH SNAP!!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #1388
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'll apologize for the lack of votes from the GOP. I'm guessing we'll pay for it in popularity -- the public probably hates it when their congressmen don't even vote for censuring, so we'll be paying for it.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #1389
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Re: number 1, do you mean cronin and clap?

Re: number 2, I think you're conveniently leaving out the three straight votes on clap. It's not like the Dems were exactly scrambling to say, "that's not what it looks like"

Re #1 - you're right my memory failed me

Re #2 - I wouldn't say conveniently left out the three straight votes on clap, just trying to make the point that neither side is immune to allegations of partisan voting on day 2. However, the democratic votes were only 3 and much earlier in the day and had more of an opportunity to switch. The republican effort was more concentrated and later (right at the end of the work day on the east coast) where those votes were locked in and confirmed our suspicions of a partisan vote. At the end of the day both parties (yourself perhaps excluded) had the same strategy vote for the other guy.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #1390
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
So this is the GOP strategy? Don't post during the day and don't vote in the afternoon so that the Dems have to make a blind guess? What's the point of the game then?

Well, you knew I would be out. Anyway, given that you guys all voted for the same person yesterday, and that you had more people than us (in terms of votes for wolves), I was thinking I'd pretty much let you drive. I had no read on Mrs. Schmidty other than quietude, but I'm glad it worked out.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #1391
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Re #1 - you're right my memory failed me

Re #2 - I wouldn't say conveniently left out the three straight votes on clap, just trying to make the point that neither side is immune to allegations of partisan voting on day 2. However, the democratic votes were only 3 and much earlier in the day and had more of an opportunity to switch. The republican effort was more concentrated and later (right at the end of the work day on the east coast) where those votes were locked in and confirmed our suspicions of a partisan vote. At the end of the day both parties (yourself perhaps excluded) had the same strategy vote for the other guy.

There's a penalty for switching votes, so I don't think we could rest on the fact that there was an opportunity for it. I don't mean to simply restate my opinion on this again, but I simply think you guys voted in a party block, moreso than we did (thanks to me, basically), and since your guy wasn't a wolf, you paid the price for it. I'm not looking to cast more blame on you guys or anything, just letting you know that I think the reason for your poor election performance was in a large part due to your actions that day.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #1392
Tyrith
College Starter

I think at this point we can all let day 2 go and say live and let live. None of us had anything to go on so we did what was best for our parties, not for our nation. I know I'm no wolf and encouraged similar behavior. It happens. Today shows that we can be a unified Congress and fight the real evil, the wolves, and then worry about which party rules.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #1393
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm on later than usual Friday. My daughter has pinkeye, so I am taking care of her in the morning.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #1394
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post

meh

I've been a wolf I think 3 of the 4 games I've played, or is it 2 of 3? Either way I'm still figuring out my strategy and how to "lie" to the villagers. Why is someone NOT in the game even posting in here?
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #1395
RendeR
Coordinator

Great Job guys! I see I didn't get a vote in, I thought I put all my votes in in the one post? I wasn't looking at Mrs. S anyway so my vote wouldn't have effected that much.

Sorry to lose out on Speaker though. I have some real solid Ideas for legislation. Till next Time Mr. Speaker!

I say let the sneaky rider stand and sign both Bills. Its a decent trade off.

As I have nothing further to ad tonight, I will retire for the evening.

PS: The Dark Knight is unfuckingbefuckinglev-fuckaing-able. Dear god I miss Heath Ledger now more than ever. He honestly deserves an scar for that performance. Holy shit.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #1396
RendeR
Coordinator

LOL, talk about a bad pun there....it should read OSCAR, not scar..."Do you know how I got these scars?"
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 AM   #1397
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Guys, awesome freaking job at getting a wolf (plus I get a second district, thanks!). I'm trying my best to catch up, I did vote via conditionals though so I hope you guys don't think I copped out. Will be around tons tomorrow, see that I didn't win speaker so nothing to sign, so I'm good there.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:03 AM   #1398
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline.

It's going to be short and sweet this morning. I am just beat and I need to get some more sleep.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #1399
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, that WAS short, but not very sweet.

CR must have fallen asleep at the keyboard.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #1400
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Well, that WAS short, but not very sweet.

CR must have fallen asleep at the keyboard.

Heh.

No, just tons of PM requests and stuff to consider. Such is the price of running a complicated game. PMs have gone out. About to post results.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-25-2008 at 06:51 AM.