Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #1351
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
MU/UCONN starts at 4:40 EDT.

Pitt/Villanova starts sometime around 7:00 EDT.

You forget Findlay/Cal somebody at 1:00 EDT

Go Oilers!!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #1352
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
You forget Findlay/Cal somebody at 1:00 EDT

Go Oilers!!

My alma mater (Gannon University), who use to be in the GLIAC with Findlay...lost (in the elite 8) to the team that Findlay beat in the Final Four
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #1353
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
lol Thanks for the suggestion, ill keep that one in mind

Happy is one thing, and there is nothing wrong with being happy, but its not exactly like they are beating teams by 40 and are on a freaking steam roll. Just a tad bit early to even begin to bring up talk of a championship, but hey I guess that is just me.

I guess people just need to have thicker skin is all...

They were up by 11 at halftime vs Marquette, 24 vs Memphis.. I mean seriously... great teams will make their runs and come back. It's not like Mizzou let Savannah St. come back after leading big time at halftime.

They are playing QUALITY TOP TIER PROGRAMS.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #1354
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
They are playing QUALITY TOP TIER PROGRAMS.

Umm ... I'm not sure I'd sell that quite so hard. Pretty good teams compared to the rest of this year's field, okay.

{or were you being saracastic and it went over my head}
Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #1355
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Glad I amused ya today.

They shouldnt have beaten marquette cause they got outplayed, and a kid made a mistake at the end that the cost marquette the game, but hey thats part of basketball and Mizzu won the game. Congrats let me beat my chest some more.

When a team goes up by 20, and then decides to shit that lead twice in two games, I wouldnt be all that confident, but like i said before I guess that is just me.

Somehow I don't understand your definition of outplayed. Leading a team for 37+ minutes of the game is outplayed? Okay? Trailing the game and making a mistake costs you the game, not the fact that you are trailing? Okay? At least you show that you watched the 2 minutes of the game that CBS probably switched to in your part of the country.

Duke played well in the 4 minutes I saw in their game last night also. Guess Nova got lucky!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #1356
SackAttack
Head Coach

MBBF is why I was so terrified last night of the game I couldn't watch the first half. I was just sure we were going to get spanked as some sort of karmic retribution for the mouth-running.

I'm thrilled to see Missouri get to the Elite Eight - I felt like they were good enough to get this far - but I don't expect them to get much further. I would dance for joy at a Final Four appearance, especially if it was Mizzou/Kansas for a trip to the championship, but if we lose to UConn it'll be hard to be disappointed with the season...unless we just totally shit the bed.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #1357
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Somehow I don't understand your definition of outplayed. Leading a team for 37+ minutes of the game is outplayed? Okay? Trailing the game and making a mistake costs you the game, not the fact that you are trailing? Okay? At least you show that you watched the 2 minutes of the game that CBS probably switched to in your part of the country.

Duke played well in the 4 minutes I saw in their game last night also. Guess Nova got lucky!

Ya outplayed. You play what 10 guys full court non stop??? Marquette plays what 6, 7 guys and that was with James that game so feel free to subtract one player.....

You made 8 more baskets got out rebounded by 10 total, gave up 15 offensive rebounds, and had 23 fouls, and won by 4, and even that was controversial.

I loved Carrol fouling a three point shooter at the end of the game. Intelligent play there.......
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #1358
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ya outplayed. You play what 10 guys full court non stop??? Marquette plays what 6, 7 guys and that was with James that game so feel free to subtract one player.....

You made 8 more baskets got out rebounded by 10 total, gave up 15 offensive rebounds, and had 23 fouls, and won by 4, and even that was controversial.

I loved Carrol fouling a three point shooter at the end of the game. Intelligent play there.......

Wow, you are either a Marquette fan or an idiot. (If you are a Marquette fan, I understand you are grapsing at straws) No reason to even continue a rational discussion though.

Davidson has 1 player, UNC has what 10? UNC should only play 1 against Davidson.

Marqutte shot more 3-pointers, hence less shots. That never happens. We got called for a shitload of fouls. Again, our fault for winning right? It's not even logic. Just dumb.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #1359
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

As much as I love Mizzou check out these futures bets to win the tournament on BoDog. You can't go wrong with UConn or UNC can you? I don't think these even remotely close to Vegas right now... (Mizzou is very strangely really low)

Arizona
65/1

Connecticut
24/5

Gonzaga
25/1

Kansas
20/1

Louisville
5/1

Michigan State
20/1

Missouri
12/1

North Carolina
19/5

Oklahoma
14/1

Pittsburgh
13/2

Syracuse
18/1

Villanova
10/1
Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #1360
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Compare that to Vegas before they even played last night!!!

North Carolina 2/1
Connecticut 13/5
Louisville 7/2
Pittsburgh 4/1
Memphis 8/1
Duke 8/1
Kansas 15/1
Michigan State 15/1
Syracuse 15/1
Villanova 15/1
Oklahoma 15/1
Missouri 25/1
Gonzaga 25/1
Arizona 50/1
Old 03-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #1361
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Wow, you are either a Marquette fan or an idiot. (If you are a Marquette fan, I understand you are grapsing at straws) No reason to even continue a rational discussion though.

Davidson has 1 player, UNC has what 10? UNC should only play 1 against Davidson.

Marqutte shot more 3-pointers, hence less shots. That never happens. We got called for a shitload of fouls. Again, our fault for winning right? It's not even logic. Just dumb.

Your right, Im an idiot for bringing stats to explain stuff.

You got outworked on the boards, fouled too much, shot more, made more... and still almost lost.....

From a coaching perspective, you got outworked, especially since you play more guys and should have had that advantage..... But your right no reason to continue.

Last edited by muns : 03-27-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #1362
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Here's the local sports guy's take on the UK vacancy:

From I have read today, it is time for the UK boosters to open up the wallets. It may take making Billy Donovan the highest paid coach in the country to get him to come to Kentucky. Evidently, Rupp Arena has not be kept up and will look even worse when Louisville opens their new arena next year.

Now ESPN is reporting that Donovan will not be a candidate. I think that is best. Go get Travis Ford and let him grow with the program.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #1363
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm still curious how if Marquette was able to inbound the ball properly against Mizzou they were going to be awarded 3 points. Must be some rule that I'm not aware of, where if you are down by 2 in the final seconds and you can inbound the ball you get awarded 3 points. Pretty neat rule if you ask me.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #1364
miami_fan
Coordinator

From ESPN article

Quote:
"In response to the rumors circulating about my interest in other jobs, I wanted to address this as quickly as possible. I am committed to the University of Florida and look forward to continuing to build our program here," Donovan said in a statement.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #1365
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm still curious how if Marquette was able to inbound the ball properly against Mizzou they were going to be awarded 3 points. Must be some rule that I'm not aware of, where if you are down by 2 in the final seconds and you can inbound the ball you get awarded 3 points. Pretty neat rule if you ask me.

Your right cause they didnt have enough time to get off a 2 with 5.5 seconds left........ Why dont you add something to the debate like panerd has instead of just being a dick.

Last edited by muns : 03-27-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #1366
spleen1015
Coordinator

The radio station I was listening to on the way home reported that a tv station down in Florida is already reporting that Donovan has accepted the UK job. They went on to spend the next hour talking about it like it was reality.

So, I'm thinking damn, that was quick only to come home and there's nothing about it nationally.

Idiots.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #1367
Balldog
Pro Rookie

You specifically said:
Quote:
...a kid made a mistake at the end that the cost marquette the game...

I'm just asking how you are so sure they would've won if he would've inbound the ball. Even if they raced down the floor and tied it, they still could've lost in OT. Its not like the game was tied and that mistake allowed Mizzou to take the lead. The odds of Marquette winning that game after a successful inbound pass is probably 5-10%.

Last edited by Balldog : 03-27-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #1368
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You got outworked on the boards, fouled too much, shot more, made more... and still almost lost.....

Aren't these all cause and effect from the 40 minutes of hell system? Arkansas would've been .500 the year they won the National Championship by this theory.

Mizzou doesn't crash the boards, they want to get out and run. Its a well known fact that a full court press leads to more fouls, etc.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #1369
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
You specifically said:

I'm just asking how you are so sure they would've won if he would've inbound the ball. Even if they raced down the floor and tied it, they still could've lost in OT. Its not like the game was tied and that mistake allowed Mizzou to take the lead. The odds of Marquette winning that game after a successful inbound pass is probably 5-10%.

Your right. Im not sure... Mizzu would have had every opportunity to win the game in OT if it went that far. I should have said opportunity and I didnt.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #1370
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Aren't these all cause and effect from the 40 minutes of hell system? Arkansas would've been .500 the year they won the National Championship by this theory.

Mizzou doesn't crash the boards, they want to get out and run. Its a well known fact that a full court press leads to more fouls, etc.

Good question. im not real familiar with that system as you need a whole lot of athletes to run it and thats something ive never had.

I do disagree with getting out to run though. You have to have the ball in order to even do that. 10 out of the 15 offensive boards that marquette got where from the forwards Hayward and Burke they had 5 each......

Last edited by muns : 03-27-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #1371
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

It's hard to be slanderous towards a team that's in the elite 8, but by God muns is trying.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #1372
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
It's hard to be slanderous towards a team that's in the elite 8, but by God muns is trying.

lol na, i just like to debate and tallk hoops. Its fun and im bored as hell at work. Dont mean to be an ass or anything. If I was I appologize,
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #1373
MJ4H
Coordinator

I can attest to the fact that Arkansas got clobbered on the boards routinely year after year. It is indeed a side-effect of that system.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #1374
SackAttack
Head Coach

So I discovered AllBrackets and just spent the last 45 minutes or so looking at every bracket from 1951 (the first year the field was larger than 8 teams) to now, and this is just Missouri's fourth trip to the Elite Eight. 1976, 1994, 2002 and now 2009.

Interesting note - in 1976 and 1994, Arizona also reached the Elite Eight, although the Wildcats lost to OU in the 2002 Sweet Sixteen.

Last edited by SackAttack : 03-27-2009 at 05:33 PM.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #1375
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Good question. im not real familiar with that system as you need a whole lot of athletes to run it and thats something ive never had.

I do disagree with getting out to run though. You have to have the ball in order to even do that. 10 out of the 15 offensive boards that marquette got where from the forwards Hayward and Burke they had 5 each......

I've never had the athletes to run it, but I know that how it works.

Memphis beat them on the boards 38-32.

Oklahoma State beat them on the boards 41-33.

Oklahoma beat them on the boards 49-30, including 21 offensive.

All wins. Plus naturally you would have more offensive rebounds when you are shooting around 35%.

Its a risk-reward system, they'll give up 2nd chance points for a chance to run. The 1, 2, and 3 are going to leak out first and not help out your bigs on the weakside boards. Rebounding is an after thought.

Last edited by Balldog : 03-27-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #1376
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Let's go Wildcats!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #1377
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Umm ... I'm not sure I'd sell that quite so hard. Pretty good teams compared to the rest of this year's field, okay.

{or were you being saracastic and it went over my head}

You're right.. we did have an easier path to the B12 Championship and I guess only Marquette and Memphis could be considered top teams.. but Mizzou has played their asses off and they are on quite hot streak right now.

Oh... and muns.. a W is a W. I don't care if it's by 4 or 11.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #1378
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

How does Griffin stack up as an NBA prospect?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #1379
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Why does Devendorf get on my freaking nerves? What has he done to me???
Old 03-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #1380
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
You're right.. we did have an easier path to the B12 Championship and I guess only Marquette and Memphis could be considered top teams.. but Mizzou has played their asses off and they are on quite hot streak right now.

Oh... and muns.. a W is a W. I don't care if it's by 4 or 11.

Im with you there. I like Pitt, and all they have done is squeek by so far. If Fields didnt hit that shot, they more than likely would have lost their last game
Old 03-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #1381
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post

Via Chad Ford (and my ESPN Insider account)

Quote:
Blake Griffin Draft Bio

View: Rounds | Team Picks | Draft History
View Prospects By: Top 100 | Name | Position | School/Country

Blake Griffin
Power Forward (Rank: #1) | 6-10, 245 | Age: 20
Oklahoma (Sophomore)
Hometown: Edmond, OK
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.
Season Averages
YRGMSMINPTSREBASTTOA/TSTLBLKPFFG%FT%3P%PPS
2008-093333.222.514.42.33.41/1.51.21.22.5.646.588.3751.72
2007-083328.414.79.11.82.31/1.21.00.82.5.568.589.0001.49
· View full player card

Draft Projection: Top 5

Similarities: Carlos Boozer

Notes: Blake's brother, Taylor, also plays for the Sooners.

Watch: Blake Griffin in action

Positives:

Oklahoma's Blake Griffin could be the No. 1 pick in the draft.
(Nick Laham/Getty Images)

Athletic big man
Great wingspan
Big, soft hands
NBA body
Tough
Physical
Strong
Explosive leaper
Excellent motor
Finishes at the rim with authority
Creative in finding ways to score
Decent ball handler for his size
Tenacious rebounder
Crashes offensive boards

Negatives:

Lacks polished offensive skills
No real post moves yet
Shaky jump shot
Poor free-throw shooter
An uncommitted defender
Relies mostly on strength and athleticism
Injury concerns about knees

Summary: Mar 23 Update: Griffin has been the most dominant college player in the country this season and he seems to have turned it up another notch in the tournament -- he was awesome in first- and second-round games versus Morgan State and Michigan. He dropped 28 points and 13 rebounds on Morgan State and followed that up with a 33-point, 17-rebound performance against Michigan. Throwing in some serious highlight-reel dunks, he is shooting a sizzling 78 percent from the field in the tournament. One NBA executive on the East Coast commented to me Monday that he believes Griffin is an even better prospect than Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley were last year. That's pretty good news for what otherwise looks like a weak draft.
Mar 18 Update: Griffin is the consensus No. 1 pick in the draft, and, short of a horrific injury in the tournament, nothing will be able to knock him off that perch. He's as close to a sure thing as there is in the draft, and his performance in the tournament shouldn't have a big impact on his stock one way or the other.
Feb 27 Update: Griffin's concussion won't damage his chances of being the top pick in the draft unless there's some significant medical fallout from it. The NBA isn't like the NFL -- concussions aren't that common. In fact, the concussion shows why NBA teams love him. He is a beast in the middle and completely unafraid to mix it up with anyone. Feb 6 Update: The consensus No. 1 pick in the draft, Griffin has excellent athleticism and toughness and an NBA body. He is a great rebounder and has also become a vastly improved offensive player this season. While he may not have the superstar potential of a Kevin Durant or Greg Oden, his willingness to bang down low and do the dirty work has won him fans in NBA circles.
Jan. 2 update: Griffin shocked many when he opted out of the 2008 NBA Draft, despite being projected as a Top 5 pick. But his decision to return to school looks good so far. Griffin has been dominant on both ends of the floor and is the consensus No. 1 pick in the draft right now
[/quote]

I don't know much about college to NBA transition, but Griffin has looking like a man among boys all year.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 03-27-2009 at 06:55 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #1382
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yikes, this is getting ugly. Louisville is just on a different level than Arizona and it's painful watching this game.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #1383
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post

I'm not really good at projecting guys I've found over the past few years. But he's likely to go #1 in the draft (depending on lotto winning team's need, of course). He's being thought of as one of if not the only impact player in a really weak draft.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #1384
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like Rautins and Devendorf decided to use up all of their 3s in the BE tourney.

I still figure this will be a close game until the end, as I don't think Syracuse can shoot this poorly for 40 minutes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #1385
Swaggs
Coordinator

Louisville and Mizzou, if they can both make it, could be a really fun game.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #1386
adubroff
High School JV

I wonder if Louisville could win this game without scoring again.
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #1387
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

My oh my. Arizona just got it's doors blasted off. If Louisville can shoot it like they have so far tonight, they're going to be difficult to beat.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #1388
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Of course, I get two dud games before I have to go to work. I'm going to try to time one of my breaks with the end of UNC/Gonzaga if it's close.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #1389
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

A couple of snoozers going now. I wish the later two games had been mixed up- they're the two better games of the night. I think we could get beaten silly by Michigan State but we could also win. The Gonzaga-North Carolina game isn't nearly as forgone a conclusion as everyone thinks it is. I think it's a 60/40 type game at worst.

SI

Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #1390
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ugh- I'm sure I'm going to have to watch KU on MMOD since the North Carolina game will be on here. So I'll be about a minute behind everyone else

SI

Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #1391
DeToxRox
Head Coach

For all that is good and holy Kansas needs to get the win.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #1392
adubroff
High School JV

I really am looking forward to the Zags game, it's been a long while since they've legitimately entered big game as a big underdog, which is a role they played well for quite some time. I think they have a shot at making this a fun game.
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #1393
Radii
Head Coach

Hopefully the late games, at least the UNC/Gonzaga game, will be just as boring as the last two. I really have no clue what to expect though.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #1394
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Virginia Commonwealth's Grant takes job at Alabama - ESPN

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Virginia Commonwealth's Anthony Grant has been hired at Alabama.

Grant confirmed to ESPN he has accepted the job on Friday. A formal agreement is expected to be signed later in the night.

The 42-year-old Grant, a former Florida assistant, led VCU to two NCAA tournaments in three seasons. Moore said Grant had already informed his team and VCU officials of his decision.

The hiring was first reported by The Birmingham News and Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Moore and executive athletic director Dave Hart interviewed Grant in Richmond last weekend. He spent Wednesday touring Alabama's campus and meeting with other university officials.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #1395
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

They were scrolling that news across the bottom of the screen the whole second half of the OU-Syracuse game.

SI

Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #1396
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Young and stupid start for us on offense but I like the way we're matching up with MSU so far.

SI

Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #1397
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I picked Syracuse to go to the final four
Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #1398
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The Aldrich chap is freaking tall. He killed Missouri in that second game.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #1399
molson
General Manager

Just got back from the bar - that was a good 'ole fashion Oklahoma beat-down....Though I was impressed that 'Cuse somehow made up 20 points towards the end.

Maybe this will encourage Flynn/Defendorf/Harris to come back. I don't think any of them are particularly good NBA prospects, but rumors are they'll go/stay as a trio.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #1400
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Virginia Commonwealth's Grant takes job at Alabama - ESPN

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Virginia Commonwealth's Anthony Grant has been hired at Alabama.

Grant confirmed to ESPN he has accepted the job on Friday. A formal agreement is expected to be signed later in the night.

The 42-year-old Grant, a former Florida assistant, led VCU to two NCAA tournaments in three seasons. Moore said Grant had already informed his team and VCU officials of his decision.

The hiring was first reported by The Birmingham News and Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Moore and executive athletic director Dave Hart interviewed Grant in Richmond last weekend. He spent Wednesday touring Alabama's campus and meeting with other university officials.

Mike Anderson just lost about $500,000 on his upcoming contract with that news.