Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #1351
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I don't think I'm getting a pass, I think people are more convinced NTN is a wolf than me and we've seen it isn't very smart to split resources when you think you have a wolf nailed. And on top of that people are pissed that the hulk has been taking out villagers, especially when we're not positive what side he's on. I'm sure I'll be one of the main candidates once we deal with NTN's allegiance.

I do not think that the Hulk is a good candidate again. Unless we can be sure we kill him, I do not think his attack does a super amount of damage if he has no one attacking him.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #1352
Zinto
College Starter

We are much better off hoping that Schmidty feels better and can get on and attack today and that DV remembers to check and attack today. I feel that they are both a help to the village and we are going to need all the help we can get to make sure that we have enough attack to take out people during the day.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #1353
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Even if you aren't getting the same vibe I am from him, his four attacks have been on two confirmed villagers over four days and whatever Hulk is after he switched off mckerney on D4.

Also, I've only voted for one confirmed villager. I'm the first to admit I was wrong about DT. I wasn't getting a good vibe from him and he wasn't contributing to the discussion at all. But our vote records are pretty similar, so to call me out on that is a little weird.

D1: Keyser attacks Mrs. Doubtfire, Melisandre attacks TMIMITW
D2: both attack Mrs. Doubtfire
D3: Keyser attacks Mad Hatter, Melisandre attacks March Hare
D4: both attack Mrs. Doubtfire
D5: Keyser attacks hulk, Melisandre attacks me

Your vote on me isn't in the final recap but I don't see an unvote during the day. Bit of an outlier there when we were trying to take down NTN and Schmidty, no? Obviously NTN wasn't going down no matter what with his skill, and you're quite convinced I'm bad, but that still wasn't helpful. And neither is voting for me today.. unless other people are getting on board with you.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #1354
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I do not think that the Hulk is a good candidate again. Unless we can be sure we kill him, I do not think his attack does a super amount of damage if he has no one attacking him.

The only problem is, if he -is- bad, our best chance to kill him is probably today. If he heals up and keeps killing people at random, we're really leaving things up to luck, and trusting we'll have enough firepower to take him down later in the game. And if he's a wolf that hasn't been active and starts being active, that's even worse.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #1355
Zinto
College Starter

I agree that today is our best chance to take Schmidty out but I don't think he is a wolf and it would be a waste to spend another day trying to take out a villager.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #1356
Zinto
College Starter

Also I think we may need to start piling our votes onto one candidate from tomorrow on. We don't have to agree but at the end of the day everyone should be on one candidate.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #1357
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Also, I've only voted for one confirmed villager. I'm the first to admit I was wrong about DT. I wasn't getting a good vibe from him and he wasn't contributing to the discussion at all. But our vote records are pretty similar, so to call me out on that is a little weird.

D1: Keyser attacks Mrs. Doubtfire, Melisandre attacks TMIMITW
D2: both attack Mrs. Doubtfire
D3: Keyser attacks Mad Hatter, Melisandre attacks March Hare
D4: both attack Mrs. Doubtfire
D5: Keyser attacks hulk, Melisandre attacks me

Your vote on me isn't in the final recap but I don't see an unvote during the day. Bit of an outlier there when we were trying to take down NTN and Schmidty, no? Obviously NTN wasn't going down no matter what with his skill, and you're quite convinced I'm bad, but that still wasn't helpful. And neither is voting for me today.. unless other people are getting on board with you.

You left out on D5 that you were initially looking at Mel/Heavy (and had voted Heavy) before switching onto Hulk. I did forget the D3 voting but that was essentially not too useful for the discussion, no one gets points for jumping on a player who scanned wolf.

Now, moving away from voting records...am I going to stick my neck out for a guy who wasn't a candidate for two days in you if I'm a wolf and you're a villager when I would know how bad it would look if you die and come back as villager? Or would a wolf rather just tag along with the crowd and blend in as you're doing and try to eliminate a potentially very useful villager (presumably) in Hulk?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #1358
The Jackal
Coordinator

I never said you were a wolf, I tend to think that you aren't one. I was looking at heavy yes, and though I left it out of that post we've discussed it several times. I'll repeat it again if you want.. I was going off a D1 wolf vote theory that didn't work out. I was wrong.

It seems like it's going to be impossible to convince your gut that its wrong, but I'm just trying to show you why everyone else isn't so quick to assume I'm a wolf. I'm obviously one of the places left where a wolf could be hiding, but so are several others. If I have to go down next so be it but I'm not going to let you use your gut as a reason that other people HAVE to vote for me.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #1359
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I'm getting a pass.

Let's put it this way, since the day began Sunday, I am the only player to discuss you today (I believe). I've had to answer allegations / questions from Chubby and BK, and Autumn a few times. Thursday and Hulk have been the other two players mentioned other than Autumn questioning EF. So in comparison to that level of scrutiny, I memyioned you as getting a pass. People might have concerns about you, but if so I haven't seen them mentioned today.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #1360
The Jackal
Coordinator

Probably because it's best to focus resources on one person at a time, seeing how many times we've only wounded people. I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure people will be looking at me next. Especially if you're still around to remind them.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #1361
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the villagers he wasn't a wolf.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #1362
The Jackal
Coordinator

haha, I knew quotes like that would be a problem if I was a villager!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #1363
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Anyway, going to shut up about that for now, I've gone on too much as it is.

We haven't discussed attacks / interactions much today. I don't have a great feel for which would be best for me today, but I'll choose interacting with King Arthur just to put something down.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #1364
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Heck I guess Ineed to put in a vote. Imay be back in time but Iam not sure ...Horrible Bosses and dinner with a cousin is calling

So ...
Vote Keyser Soze
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #1365
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If I get back in time and y'all need me to change to the hulk I can change it then.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #1366
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1365

Thursday Next: Grover, Oscar, Athena, Duke, Keyser, Malcolm, Jayne, Dwight
Keyser Soze: Melisandre, Thursday
Duke: Animal, Chef

Missing: Hulk, Cthulu
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #1367
Zinto
College Starter

I did not send in an interaction yesterday since I assumed we where going by the plan. Today I am going to interact with Aragorn.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #1368
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Man the DMV SUCKS!!!

I'm confidant in my vote and there still isn't a reason to move my attacks.

JAG - I have concerns about a couple people but I don't see any benefit in sidetracking the conversation today when I still think our best bets are thursday next and the hulk (yes, i agree that we need to kill him if we are going to attack him at all) since while I feel for Schmidty, I really have no clue if he is a villager or a wolf because he's been out. It makes it worse that he is random attacking people too.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #1369
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quick theory on Schmidty; I don't think he is a wolf. If the attacks are truly random that would make the wolves want to get him replaced by now and not risk a random attack on one of their own.

Now to address the ntn situation. I didn;t say that my attack was an automatic kill. I even spelled that out when asked about. I said that I had enough to attack with more than his HP for that attack and that I assumed it would take him out as I didn't know what Danny's formula for the attacks are.

Sadly I shot my load on that one. The use of the attack still counted.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #1371
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Quick theory on Schmidty; I don't think he is a wolf. If the attacks are truly random that would make the wolves want to get him replaced by now and not risk a random attack on one of their own.

Now to address the ntn situation. I didn;t say that my attack was an automatic kill. I even spelled that out when asked about. I said that I had enough to attack with more than his HP for that attack and that I assumed it would take him out as I didn't know what Danny's formula for the attacks are.

Why do you think Schmidty is a villager? I just have no read on him whatsoever and if I'm missing something I'd love to have it pointed out

I think the opposite, I would guess that the wolves would want the Hulk in the game as long as possible since they can get free villager kills out of him. With 2 wolves out of the game, the odds are still high he hits a villager IMO.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #1372
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm here for a bit. I wasn't removed from the game, so I really want to get a vote in. I don't blame anyone for attacking me, as I haven't done a thing to help our cause. I will say this: My attack isn't high, but my HP are (were) very high, so really, other than killing off a villager, you really aren't killing someone helpful.

Here's my vote:

Attack Thursday Next
Old 07-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #1373
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, Schmidty, we appreciate you getting a vote in. Hope yo'ure feeling better.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #1374
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1373

Thursday Next: Grover, Oscar, Athena, Duke, Keyser, Malcolm, Jayne, Dwight, Hulk
Keyser Soze: Melisandre, Thursday
Duke: Animal, Chef

Missing: Cthulu

Last edited by Danny : 07-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #1375
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Thanks, Schmidty, we appreciate you getting a vote in. Hope yo'ure feeling better.

+1
Old 07-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #1376
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

whT's the advatngae of everyone piling on to one candidate? besides killing that candidate I mean. if they're not a wolf wouldnt thhis greatly benefit the wolves too?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #1377
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah it would make it easier for a wolf to hide or for them to pile on a villager with no consequences. We are almost at the point though that to kill someone it is going to take everyone on one character. Well that is what I am assuming.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #1378
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

this strike anyone else as not the best plan of action?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #1379
Zinto
College Starter

Right now it is not absolutely necessary for the village to have all their votes on one candidate. We know that NTN has 7 hp and we have 9 characters attacking him.

Tomorrow though we need to stack our attacks. If there are two wolves and both survive today 7-2 and we probably will not be able to take out anyone in one day if we do not stack our votes
Old 07-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #1380
Zinto
College Starter

So while it may not be the most ideal course of action it is most likely the best choice.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #1381
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

besides Thursday Next and Hulk who else is a viable candidate?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1382
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure who is a really good candidate other then Thursday Next. The Hulk is not a great candidate(at least i do not believe so). I am sure Jag will tell you Keyser Soze(Jackal) and Autumn will probably say Duke Nukem(Eagle). If Thursday ends up being a wolf though I do not think Duke is a good candidate.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #1383
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what are the cases for mauboy and chubby being good?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #1384
Zinto
College Starter

Chubby scanned Lathum good I believe and Mauboy finished Tyrith off. Both could be moves by wolves to gain trust though.

Chubby wasn't facing any pressure when he scanned Lathum good while Mauboy was feeling some heat when he finished Tyrith off.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #1385
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what about Autumn?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #1386
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what"s his case?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #1387
Zinto
College Starter

Autumn blocked the night one kill on Hoops and has been attacked by the two wolves on their way out.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1388
Zinto
College Starter

I think if you are going just by what has happened in the game you have:

DV-Most likely a neutral character

Jag, Jackal, NTN, Eagle, and Schmidty All have not been scanned and have not done anything to prove theirselves as villagers or wolves

Zinto, Mauboy, and Chubby-Have performed an action either clearing someone or do some action against the wolves

Autumn-Blocked for hoops and attacked by wolves

Barkeep-100% clear in my book since I soothseyed(I believe that is what it is called) him
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #1389
Zinto
College Starter

That is probably how you would place everyone in order of trust if you took away anyone's posts and just looked at the special actions and votes that have been placed so far.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #1390
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Attack Keyser Soze

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #1391
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Melisandre has the ability to look into her flames and see the future. Thats how I knew that Autumn's muppet wouldn't die when Nelson attacked him.

I'm purposefully trying to be vague and still answer your question. Let me know how I'm doing or if you feel like you need more detail.

For some reason this just popped into my head.

Why would you use your prediction ability to see if Autumn's Muppet would die if you already had moved the attack?

I don't completely understand your turn around from your first post to your second.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #1392
Autumn
Head Coach

animal unattacks duke nukem
swedish chef unattacks duke nukem

animal attack thursday next
swedish chef attacks thursday next
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #1393
Autumn
Head Coach

At this point I don't want to wound other characters just for the hell of it. Better to play it regular-style Werewolf and just take care of one person at a time.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #1394
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
For some reason this just popped into my head.

Why would you use your prediction ability to see if Autumn's Muppet would die if you already had moved the attack?

I don't completely understand your turn around from your first post to your second.

My understanding, which is probably wrong, that JAG's ability is to actually move the attack, it's just described as seeing the future.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #1395
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Simple answer, I was trying to keep the wolves confused as to what exactly happened.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #1396
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
At this point I don't want to wound other characters just for the hell of it. Better to play it regular-style Werewolf and just take care of one person at a time.

I think that attitude is a bit of a mistake. If we get to a 2 villager vs. 1 showdown with all three near full health, the village is just about guaranteed to lose, so we can't treat this exactly like a regular WW game. I agree with the basic premise that it'd be good for us to 'lynch' at least one char per day though.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #1397
Autumn
Head Coach

With no one following my vote, and myself not very confidenta bout it, I don't want to wound some one randomly though. I'd be all for knocking out two suspects in one night if we could organize it.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #1398
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

IMO we should make sure we have enough to kill the one we want (if possible) and then wound the next candidate

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #1399
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

No, you just said it was my last day in the game until after I had left and had made what I thought was a play that I thought your attack and only your attack would move through. Then you basically "clarified" your story.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #1400
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1397

Thursday Next: Grover, Oscar, Athena, Duke, Keyser, Malcolm, Jayne, Dwight, Hulk, Animal, Chef
Keyser Soze: Melisandre, Thursday, Cthulu