Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #1351
KWhit
Coordinator

Although it looks like it's too late.....
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #1352
KWhit
Coordinator

It would be nice to make it close. Then if he's telling the truth, he can influence the vote away from him, maybe?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #1353
KWhit
Coordinator

Because I don't think a wolf would be given the power to change the vote like that.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #1354
KWhit
Coordinator

But I don't want a tie.....

Damn, this sucks.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1355
KWhit
Coordinator

I have a bad feeling about tonight's lynch. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #1356
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Aperture Science is a wondrous institution with all the latest technological technology. Enjoy the Aperture Science High Energy Pellet. With a temperature hotter than 50 suns condensed into a small orange ball, it leaves no evidence. Coming Soon To A Cube Near You!

>*CHIRP*<

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-14-2012 at 08:57 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #1357
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

To hell with it, it won't do any good but I'll switch just in case the orange portal and blue are both in play and can save britrock yet again. If he has that and is town, it might be our last hope.

Unvote britrock
Vote PackerFanatic
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #1358
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Official Tally:
Britrock - Narcizo Ragone Pass PackerFanatic bhlloy raiders MarcV Simbo mckerney
PackerFanatic - tyketime Barkeep britrock kwhit
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #1359
Autumn
Head Coach

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #1360
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Official Tally:
Britrock - Narcizo Ragone Pass PackerFanatic bhlloy raiders MarcV mckerney
PackerFanatic - tyketime Barkeep britrock kwhit Simbo
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #1361
KWhit
Coordinator

Hell, until now the events really have been going against us. Maybe we'll get lucky on this one.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #1362
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Voting Tabulator will tabulate in 3...2...1...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #1363
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Blue_portal_beta (300x208).jpg
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #1364
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Aperture Science Voting Tabulator is a wondrous thing. It will now whistle a tune somewhat like "Africa" by Toto but a flattened fifth off.

Official Tally:
9.0000 - Britrock
5.0000 - PackerFanatic

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #1365
britrock88
Pro Starter

Ouch... extra vote against.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #1366
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you tester for being volunteered this next test. This will test hallways full of turrets. Please step into the hallway, thank you and proceed, Britrock.

Britrock races down the hallway and soon hears the twitter of a turret.

“Hello?” it says, “Would you like some bullets? Take two they are small.”

Britrock jumps across the opening being tracked by a laser. He runs around a corner and hears.
“Hello” “Hello “ “Hello” “Hello”

“I always dreamed it would end like this.” Says Britrock shooting his orange portal device at the wall.

*RAT- A- TAT- TAT-
A- TAT- TAT-AT-TATATA-TAT!*

Congratulations. You have successfully tested the working condition of all of these turrets.

*A high energy pellet slams into his corpse, incinerating him*

And a high energy pellet. Not to mention being the very first Aperture Science Human Tester to test the Orange Portal Device. Well Done. I'll just take that.
(A tube lowers and sucks up the Portal Device and it disappears)

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-15-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #1367
KWhit
Coordinator

Well damn. I was afraid of that.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #1368
britrock88
Pro Starter

Good luck, testers!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #1369
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Well, this is the first test for which the orange device is in play. I didn't see much benefit to talking about it (and although I know the impression will still be that I'm being vague, I'm giving you all I have -- remember this is a game where things are being revealed to us slowly, and there is no exception here) until the two-horse race of earlier today took a turn for the worse.

I appreciate that the mechanics are slowly being revealed - very much in keeping with the game. However, we are LOSING! And any bit of info to help us out is über critical. Maybe we are just pawns for Glados pleasure, and whoever can keep it together the longest wins. Other than that, I don't know. Just incredibly bummed. There was so much time earlier that you could have tried to convince others, instead of waiting too late when few of us were on.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #1370
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow. I still don't get it. So did I miss something, or do we not know what the orange portal device did?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #1371
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Or was that what gave him an extra vote?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #1372
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*CHIRP*

We apologize for the wait. We were busy making more space in the incinerator room. And look, we planted flowers. Aren't they pretty?

*CHIRP*
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #1373
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Let us practice flinging again. Yes you standing up there on the ledge. You havve hairy friends with you? I'll just open a portal underneath you. The portal will open in 3...2...1... *BLEEEP*

An orange portal opens underneath the figure. From the blue portal located high on the opposite wall, bodyparts and blood spew out all over the test chamber.

At least the head is intact. It belonged to the Aperture Science Tester known as mckerney. Grief Counciling will be available from the Thoughtbot 3000 located in the Aperture Science heavy duty shower. Efficiency is the cornerstone of science.

>*BLEEPZ*<
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #1374
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ok seriously, aren't we pretty much sunk at this point? every hunch we've followed has been wrong.. clearly even dumb ass luck would have hit a wolf at this point right?
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #1375
mckerney
Coordinator

Goodnight sweet prince.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #1376
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Ok seriously, aren't we pretty much sunk at this point? every hunch we've followed has been wrong.. clearly even dumb ass luck would have hit a wolf at this point right?

I guess that brings us back to the 'no wolves' theory? It seems like Glados has chimed in and said that there are wolves, but he could be lying. We've had no role reveals, either -- could roles just be tacked on after death? Maybe DV didn't even know he was the seer?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #1377
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ok, my thought for the night. I think crimson gave us a hint with the "global thermonuclear button"

anyone up for seeing what would happen if we do not vote at all?

Obviously those of us remaining would all have to commit to this, if someone doesn't think this is a good idea, i'm defintely open to other options.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #1378
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Aka The only way to win is not to play(vote)
Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #1379
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Aka The only way to win is not to play(vote)

Is that something from the game Portal? I feel like others have mentioned that before.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #1380
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Is that something from the game Portal? I feel like others have mentioned that before.

Its actually a wargames reference.. (old movie) in which a computer game called global thermonuclear war was played by a computer with real world implications.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #1381
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, my thought for the night. I think crimson gave us a hint with the "global thermonuclear button"

anyone up for seeing what would happen if we do not vote at all?

Obviously those of us remaining would all have to commit to this, if someone doesn't think this is a good idea, i'm defintely open to other options.

Anyway, if we did this, we'd be absolutely banking on there being no wolves. I'm not sure about that. On the other hand, if all of us were for the idea in theory, it could work -- as long as enough people are around at deadline to deal with possible last-minute wolf votes.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #1382
mckerney
Coordinator

Goodnight sweet prince.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #1383
bhlloy
Coordinator

I still have the blue portal device so the extra vote is mine. I'm banking on that info not getting me alive because I'm a good candidate for lynch and have very little trust

As for the no vote/no wolves theory, I'm on board. It seems absolutely impossible for us not to have hit a wolf so far. Everything points to us being villager-villager every night and to just be running in circles. So yeah, I don't know where to go from here. I have some vague out there ideas about a wolf bloc but they really aren't based on anything solid
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #1384
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yeah, that figures.

If you guys don't see anything fishy/wolfy in the run on Packers then I don't know what to say. Doesn't matter as we're likely 6:5 but I guess we could be 7:4. Seems pretty pointless whichever way you want to slice it. So I guess no voting is as good a way of losing as any. But bollocks to that.

Vote Packers

I figure Pass, Bhlloy, probably Ragone, along with MV or Barkeep. Don't care that we're not going to win, just want to be able to say "I told you so", albeit belatedly. Maybe Simbo instead of Ragone, MV or Barkeep.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #1385
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Actually I'm willing to bet MV is a wolf, so I say Pass, MV, Barkeep, Packers and Simbo. I forgot about Bhlloy and his Blue Vote Changer.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #1386
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Actually I'm willing to bet MV is a wolf, so I say Pass, MV, Barkeep, Packers and Simbo. I forgot about Bhlloy and his Blue Vote Changer.
"Here let me just throw out a list of people as wolves without giving any reasons," Narcizo decided in post 1385.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #1387
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Rather than the no vote scenario (which Narc has already blown to pieces) what about the vote GLaDOS play? That always felt, based on game cannon, like it might have some effect.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #1388
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Test 8
voting (100x90).jpgunvoting.jpgbigstockphoto_Blue_Brushed_4167376 (100x100).jpgOrange (100x100).jpg
I don't even want to talk about it...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #1389
The Jackal
Coordinator

What a massacre
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #1390
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Rather than the no vote scenario (which Narc has already blown to pieces) what about the vote GLaDOS play? That always felt, based on game cannon, like it might have some effect.

Where is that pic again?

Canon = set of rules/laws
Cannon = weapon that villagers could turn on themselves to commemorate performance to date
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #1391
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Where is that pic again?

Canon = set of rules/laws
Cannon = weapon that villagers could turn on themselves to commemorate performance to date
This post makes me want to see you desserted in the dessert or at a minimum sent to the principle's office.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #1392
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
"Here let me just throw out a list of people as wolves without giving any reasons," Narcizo decided in post 1385.

It doesn't matter.

Pass because he saved Packer on day four and he was quick to vote the other candidate to Packer yesterday. MV because he's been saying we should be lynching Packer for most of the game (it seems), but when it was crunch time switched his vote and voted Britrock instead*. Laying on the whole "I think voting Britrock is a mistake" line for good measure. Simbo for switching away when it looked clear that Britrock was toast so he didn't get caught with a vote stuck on the villager we were about to lynch.

You? Just because. I dunno, maybe there's only four wolves. Maybe there are no wolves. Maybe we should all vote "Vote No Lynch". I don't really care at this stage.

*Yes I know I've been saying we should lynch Packers and wound up going after Britrock yesterday. Sue me.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #1393
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
This post makes me want to see you desserted in the dessert or at a minimum sent to the principle's office.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #1394
Ragone
Pro Rookie

vote no lynch
Old 05-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #1395
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote GLaDOS

I think that not playing isn't an option, but going at her directly is.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #1396
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

So looking at the Test setup for today, we still have to vote (presumably), and the orange & blue devices may be in play. Bhlloy has the blue one. According to write-up, the orange one was sucked up. Perhaps a button reappears today and we get the orange one back. Then, if we decide to work together, perhaps we can "fight back" or resist. While I've played some of Portal 1, I don't know how it ends. I'd hate to give game spoilers, but as we are just Testers, and our goal is to complete every test and stay alive, we're quickly running out of other options.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #1397
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

My recollection is that using both the blue & orange, we can get past certain barriers (turrets, etc.). So not sure if the answer is to defeat Glados or simply escape the Test chambers. What do the rest of you think?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #1398
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't think it makes any sense to vote Glados or No lynch. The problem with doing that today is that if just a couple of us do that, then if there are wolves (which I think there are) then they will have more people voting for a Lynch candidate than we will. They will have the numbers to completely control the vote.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #1399
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I don't think it makes any sense to vote Glados or No lynch. The problem with doing that today is that if just a couple of us do that, then if there are wolves (which I think there are) then they will have more people voting for a Lynch candidate than we will. They will have the numbers to completely control the vote.
Hmm that is a good point.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #1400
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Pass because he saved Packer on day four and he was quick to vote the other candidate to Packer yesterday.

WTF? I've said that I'm fine with a PF lynch a few times now. In fact, I'm calling your bluff here -- I have a hunch that now that I've done this, you'll end up unvoting him (unless it's a runaway, in which you'll leave it on and take all the credit).

VOTE PACKERFANATIC