Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #1351
Swaggs
Coordinator

Look, no offense to the deceased, but Blade throws a ton of theories out there. That is his game.

If we step back a bit, is there any reason to believe that he would know, for a fact, that Chief Rum was on the wolves' side? I don't see how, unless there are hidden roles and, at this point, I do not believe that there are, or else someone would have hopefully uncovered and revealed something of importance by now.

I don't see Chief Rum as a better suspect than Molson or SnDvls right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #1352
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
the masons know who eachother are per the rules, but can't say anything.

if BK, I, Torgo, Swaggs and Gram all have molson on our list of baddies it speaks loudly to me that he isn't a mason...and is as strong of a canidate to be bad in my book.

yeah but i've already shown that i'm nothing special at this game yet.

molson just seems *off* to me
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #1353
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Look, no offense to the deceased, but Blade throws a ton of theories out there. That is his game.

If we step back a bit, is there any reason to believe that he would know, for a fact, that Chief Rum was on the wolves' side? I don't see how, unless there are hidden roles and, at this point, I do not believe that there are, or else someone would have hopefully uncovered and revealed something of importance by now.

I don't see Chief Rum as a better suspect than Molson or SnDvls right now.

*shrug* I'd vote for any of the 3, although I guess SnDvls is significantly closer to being trusted on my list than the other 2.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #1354
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
But for what its worth, I wasn't calling for the masons to vote together. I just thought it was a potentially huge break that not one has been hit, and that its time for us to try to utilize them.

Sorry for the confusion. I was still building my case for SnDvls with that statement.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #1355
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Does anyone else feel it is odd as shiat that SnDvls threw out a bunch of who would you vote for scenarios? He never does anything like that.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #1356
SnDvls
Pro Starter

5 of 12 players are suspect of molson it screams of baddie more than the big setup of blade last night
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #1357
molson
General Manager

Quote:
5 of 12 players are suspect of molson it screams of baddie more than the big setup of blade last night

We've done real well going with the "obvious" choice so far.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #1358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i do agree with molson though, that we as villagers (whether he is one or not...i am still suspicious of him as this isn't an original thought of his) NEED to utilize the masons now. the fact that they know who each other are means that if we force a 2-3 way tie with statistically one mason in there they will know that one of those people is good, so they ought to have a better chance than our shots in the dark.

does that make any sense? I'm not sure how to put into words why i feel the masons ending up with ties is to our advantage...can anyone help?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #1359
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Does anyone else feel it is odd as shiat that SnDvls threw out a bunch of who would you vote for scenarios? He never does anything like that.

I did it because we as villagers have nothing to go on in this game as far as we know.

no seer
no bodyguard

if we don't start getting some discussion about people out there now it won't help down the road later.

talk about me, heck talk about anyone...it will only help down the road as we have nothing else to go on right now.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #1360
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
We've done real well going with the "obvious" choice so far.

speak for yourself I didn't vote Blade
Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #1361
Swaggs
Coordinator

Do we think Reimann can determine whether a human is a mason or whether they are just humans or wolves?

I have been thinking about his role a bit, and one thing to think about is that, if he has managed to come across a wolf already, he would probably wait for that wolf to vote before placing his vote. So, he is probably not likely to have been the first person to vote in any of the past couple of days or in the next few OR he may be likely to change his vote to match that of the werewolf he "trusts."

Although I probably just blew that for him.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #1362
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i do agree with molson though, that we as villagers (whether he is one or not...i am still suspicious of him as this isn't an original thought of his) NEED to utilize the masons now. the fact that they know who each other are means that if we force a 2-3 way tie with statistically one mason in there they will know that one of those people is good, so they ought to have a better chance than our shots in the dark.

does that make any sense? I'm not sure how to put into words why i feel the masons ending up with ties is to our advantage...can anyone help?
I think at this point that would be poor form. The wolves know who the good guys are and would just move at the last minute to force any good guy to die, then get another night kill and the game would be almost over, depending upon how many wolves there are.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #1363
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did it because we as villagers have nothing to go on in this game as far as we know.

no seer
no bodyguard

if we don't start getting some discussion about people out there now it won't help down the road later.

talk about me, heck talk about anyone...it will only help down the road as we have nothing else to go on right now.

i agree with this. especially because our special ability people only come into play with ties, so it's more difficult to determine who is "safe" to trust through a voting record if we don't have any ties to go on. therefore all we have is discussion and throwing things out there and hopefully something someone throws out will resonate with someone else, or we'll hit on someone eventually.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #1364
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Stupid question alert:

What are masons?
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #1365
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

The fact that both you and SnDvls are suggesting that the masons all vote together, when it should be obvious that they would all already be thinking that, makes you two appear to be non-masons. Which isn't good in my book, since I know that I am one of the few non-masons and non-badguys remaining and that there can't be too many of us left.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #1366
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think at this point that would be poor form. The wolves know who the good guys are and would just move at the last minute to force any good guy to die, then get another night kill and the game would be almost over, depending upon how many wolves there are.

so we basically just have one more "shot in the dark" and we hafta hope we hit a baddie or else we're fucked and the game is over?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #1367
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Stupid question alert:

What are masons?

From page 1:
Quote:
Masons - have seen each other at mason meetings, and know they are not guilty of any crimes. Tie votes will be broken by the masons, without revealing their identity. No pm capabilities, and if they reveal that they are a mason, they will die a horrible death.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #1368
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Stupid question alert:

What are masons?

Hmmm. I understand why you'd be relatively quiet in this game, but I'm not sure I buy that you didn't read the rules on post #1.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #1369
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Stupid question alert:

What are masons?

See post 1

Masons are villagers who know each other - they know they are villagers, cannot pm, cannot reveal who they are, and have the ability to break tie votes.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #1370
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The fact that both you and SnDvls are suggesting that the masons all vote together, when it should be obvious that they would all already be thinking that, makes you two appear to be non-masons. Which isn't good in my book, since I know that I am one of the few non-masons and non-badguys remaining and that there can't be too many of us left.

okay, just doing the math, not trying to put myself into any sort of COT and arouse suspiscion

3 masons + you+me+sndvls=6 good guys

how many total players left?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #1371
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

does anyone want to do the dirty work and post a complete breakdown of how everyone has voted so far?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #1372
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I never suggested this...please find a quote for me.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #1373
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
so we basically just have one more "shot in the dark" and we hafta hope we hit a baddie or else we're fucked and the game is over?

I don't think so.

Dracula doesn't know who the wolves are, so he can't vote with them. Reimann may or may not know who a wolf or wolves are, at this point, but it is doubtful he has found more than one at this point, as he would probably be looking at the same people that we have found suspicious (likely that Gramm and Blade were two of his picks) so that he could align with their votes. Both Dracula and Reimann are wildcards to the wolves at this point.

The wolves probably have no more (I hope) than a 3 person voting block.

We still have the masons working for us and they will not vote for themselves, so we have that going for us. I have no idea how many there are, but I would hope there are 3+, since we have no other way to help ourselves.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #1374
molson
General Manager

This is probably bad form, so I'm not suggesting it, but if all the villagers who aren't masons posted, "I am not a mason", then we'd have a pretty good idea of who's who. Sure, the 5 evil doers will try to screw it up, but I bet it would give us some good data. Of course, if we could actually knock of an bad guy, it would be even more effective.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #1375
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
okay, just doing the math, not trying to put myself into any sort of COT and arouse suspiscion

3 masons + you+me+sndvls=6 good guys

how many total players left?

12 players left still
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #1376
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If there are 12 player left and we lynch a villager and another villager is night killed, that leaves 10 left.

If there were 4 wolves and the Count, the game would be 5-5 and over???

If there are 3 wolves and the Count, it would be 4-6, with one of those 6 being Dr. R, working against us. We would know who a wolf is that jumped the tie. OR worse, Dr. R would make the power move jumping the tie and we would lynch him, which is yet again a villager and game over.

NO I do not like the idea of setting up a tie right now.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #1377
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This is probably bad form, so I'm not suggesting it, but if all the villagers who aren't masons posted, "I am not a mason", then we'd have a pretty good idea of who's who. Sure, the 5 evil doers will try to screw it up, but I bet it would give us some good data. Of course, if we could actually knock of an bad guy, it would be even more effective.
Molson, the only person that would want to out a Mason is a wolf.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #1378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We would know who a wolf is that jumped the tie. OR worse, Dr. R would make the power move jumping the tie and we would lynch him, which is yet again a villager and game over.

the wording of this is confusing to me...explain? why would we know? the power move?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #1379
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i wouldn't like to out a mason, but i'd like to investigate a bit and see if there's a way i can be more certain of who the masons are so i don't waste a vote on a mason...
Old 08-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #1380
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Alright... this is earning you my vote. I am guessing you are either Reimann or Dracula, as I don't think a group of wolves would have allowed you to keep making this an issue.

Vote Molson
Old 08-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #1381
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
the wording of this is confusing to me...explain? why would we know? the power move?
If we setup a tie and someone jumped at the last minute causing a lynch (not by tie) and that was a good guy that got lynched. The jumber would be a wolf or Dr. R. So, we would know they are bad.

We would logically lynch that person next day and if that was Dr. R, we would be lynching our headcount thus ending the game.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #1382
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Molson, the only person that would want to out a Mason is a wolf.

I guess I'm tying to think of ways where that's not necessarily true. Is there a way, statistically, that knowledge of masons would allow us one guaranteed wolf kill, that would be worth the wolves' slow subsequent extermination of masons. Probably not, but I'm just trying to spark some creativity in their usage.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #1383
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If we setup a tie and someone jumped at the last minute causing a lynch (not by tie) and that was a good guy that got lynched. The jumber would be a wolf or Dr. R. So, we would know they are bad.

We would logically lynch that person next day and if that was Dr. R, we would be lynching our headcount thus ending the game.

gotcha. i understand now. and yep, that makes sense

FWIW, I've moved away from the idea of a tie. I just hope to hell that we can hit a baddie on this next vote or I think we may be close to finished. So I think I'll mull my vote over until the last minute tomorrow and see what develops tomorrow while I'm at work.

Popular opinion seems to be leaning towards Molson, which is certainly a choice I could live with. But as I've stated, I could also live with a choice of ChiefRum or even Farrah.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #1384
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you're reading too much into things. I've been quiet because I'm trying to get a hold on how to play.I don't usually play games like this, so I'm trying to take it slow.

This thread adds three or four pages everytime I log in so I spend most of my time trying to catch up. I skip a lot of posts. Honestly didn't see bullet's post asking for my opinion. If it's still wanted now, I'm really stumped. I thought for sure Blade was a wolf.

Believe me, I completely understand about being quiet because you're getting the gist of the game, but some of the stuff just doesn't add up. I like you and all but frankly, I don't buy this excuse. You're a lot smarter than you're leading on.

Quote:
You know the guys in this game are so hoping for a cat fight right now.

I seriously doubt that, there are more important things than a chick fight at this point and Chief Rum's quote doesn't mean squat.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #1385
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i guess if we had a small enough list of good suspects.

Night One - 3 way tie with 3 good suspects.

Hypothetically we lynch one villager and the wolves kill one mason with the "4 wolves + dr reiman" scenario = 5-5 count and the game is over.

Otherwise it's 6-4 with the "3 wolves+reiman" scenario and we have one more night.

Thinking about this I don't think it would work, unless our numbers (or the wolves numbers) were really small.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #1386
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Alright... this is earning you my vote. I am guessing you are either Reimann or Dracula, as I don't think a group of wolves would have allowed you to keep making this an issue.

Vote Molson

Please - my statement hasn't helped/hurt anyone. If it was just wrong, so what. I'm reaching for anything.

I'm sure some of the molson voters and just mistaken. But some of them are thinking, "well here's today's obvious mark - the villagers will blow another vote on him".
Old 08-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #1387
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

Hope your wife gets better Swaggs.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #1388
SnDvls
Pro Starter

swaggs please answer my question from post #1372
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #1389
Swaggs
Coordinator

Can someone review the case against Chief Rum for me? I admit I didn't read through some of this thread real carefully the past couple of days, although did try to at least skim every post, but he seems to be a popular choice for a few people.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #1390
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so do we find out after the game is over who everyone was? or not?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #1391
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah that struck me as very out of character for SnDvls. Almsot like he was trying to find out who the masons might be. Not sure if that makes him a good guy or bad guy. Would lean towards a bad guy.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #1392
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
so do we find out after the game is over who everyone was? or not?
Yes. Roles are normally revealed at the end of the game.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #1393
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cool. that should help us newb-villagers learn a bit more about things
Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #1394
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Can someone review the case against Chief Rum for me? I admit I didn't read through some of this thread real carefully the past couple of days, although did try to at least skim every post, but he seems to be a popular choice for a few people.
A big part of the case against rum is that Blade flet for sure that he was bad. Blade has now been proven to be good so some feel this speaks ill of Rum. Blade was sure his gut was telling him Rum was bad, just to stress the strength of Blade's feeling on the subject.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #1395
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
A big part of the case against rum is that Blade flet for sure that he was bad. Blade has now been proven to be good so some feel this speaks ill of Rum. Blade was sure his gut was telling him Rum was bad, just to stress the strength of Blade's feeling on the subject.

*shrug* it feels almost like a promise to a dying friend at this point. but i guess that's silly and sentimental since blade isn't actually "dead" and i certainly don't want to waste my vote.

but blade must have had a reason for thinking CR was a baddie.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #1396
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
swaggs please answer my question from post #1372

SnDvls, I glossed over this the first time around because I didn't want to draw attention to it, but I don't want to look guilty, so here goes:

Your little game of "if you were a mason...", to me, is a very blatent attempt to try to out the masons by getting them to participate and then grouping them together to see whose choices match up. If you are a wolf, as I suspect you are, you would already know your fellow wolves and would be able to match anyone else that participated in it up, as they would obviously not choose other masons.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #1397
st.cronin
General Manager

If anybody has any thoughts or concerns about playing this weekend please let me know. I can run a normal schedule, if everybody thinks they can play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #1398
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

finaly some good readin to do, 2 pages.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #1399
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SnDvls, I glossed over this the first time around because I didn't want to draw attention to it, but I don't want to look guilty, so here goes:

Your little game of "if you were a mason...", to me, is a very blatent attempt to try to out the masons by getting them to participate and then grouping them together to see whose choices match up. If you are a wolf, as I suspect you are, you would already know your fellow wolves and would be able to match anyone else that participated in it up, as they would obviously not choose other masons.

intriguing swaggs. but i suspect the vet among the wolves would already be scrutinizing the voting records to try to find the "mason bloc"

then again, presuming there was someone at least remotely smart within the masons they would ensure that THEY at least would not vote with the other masons in order to keep themselves concealed.

i'm not worried about all the masons being revealed. and if i'm the wolves i'm not worried about the masons either, at least not at this point, as we villagers havn't exactly had great success in finding the baddies and we're teetering on the brink anyways.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #1400
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Swaggs, take this for what it's worth, since of course, this is me trying to clear myself, but I think a few people have fallen victim to the "I heard this guy screaming his accusation so much, I gotta believe him, right?" theory.

As you said, Blade at no point presented anything of a case against me, or even much I could even defend myself. He just kept saying I was number one on his list for some reason. What few reasons he gave seemed pretty weak to me.

I think it is far more likely Blade couldn't find too many incriminating things to say about anyone besides him and picked a couple (Anxiety and I) he thought he could yell about enough to sway us. It had nothing to do with any special inferences--he was just trying to save his butt by going after anyone but him. Notice his conviction wasn't so strong to stick on me when molson became a viable alternative earlier today.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote