Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #1351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going by the rules, PB defintely started off as good - there is a comment from Abe that people scan as they are.

So to vote for PB as wolf, he would have had to be turned on Night 4 when there was no kill. When he says that he was blocking the attack on NTN.

PB - I know that you have a tendency to drop hints when you have a role. Mind sharing where you've suggested BG (and protecting NTN, potentially) earlier in the thread?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #1352
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB - there is no way that I would take this tack as a wolf while leaving NFG and Schmidty alive. Guys that have seemed to be looking for reasons to vote for me all game. It would be the least intelligent game I've ever played as a wolf.

If I was a wolf I would push for a lynch on what I thought was the easiest target. I'm not, so I'm trying to figure out data that doesn't make sense to me. Like why you haven't been targeted for five days running as the only cleared person.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #1353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Working through the Blakekin - I'm going under the assumption that the Angry Blakekin is not in the game because the wolves would be trying to sacrifice him today and take their night kill tonight for the 1:1 ratio.

We know that the slut is out there - I've been slutted, PB has been slutted, and I'm guessing no one really thinks that we are the last two wolves? So mark that down as one remaining wolf role.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #1354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Abe, what is the order of actions for Slut vs Guard? Does the slut stop the guard from acting?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #1355
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Abe, what is the order of actions for Slut vs Guard? Does the slut stop the guard from acting?

Sort of. If I'm slutted, my block doesn't happen. If the person I block is slutted, then the slut is actually blocked.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #1356
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I've already spoken on this at length and I don;t want to type it up again. Took like 3 minutes to type and I have fries in my hand

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #1357
The Jackal
Coordinator

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #1358
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Someone, who doesn;t even have a role, sent me a pm with a game question about the interaction between several roles. Folks, if you have game questions that are not about your specific role, please post them.

I will answer the question here, because I do not believe this info is hidden. This post simply discusses the interactions between three role,s and it does not mean any of these roles are actually in the game:

Slut vs Guard:

Scenario 1 - The Guard guards another person. That person is slutted. What happens? The slut is stopped and guarded. The guard stops all Blakekin actions.

Scenario 2 - The guard guard another person. The guard is slutted. The guard doesnot guard, and is instead enslutted.

Scenario 3 - The guard guards themself, and the slut targets them. Result? No guard. The slut hits first. The slut stops it from ever occuring at all.

Slut vs Mischief Maker:

Scenario 1 - The Mischief Maker sends actions from player A to player B. Player A is enslutted. Instead, the slut bounces to player B.

Scenario 2 - Same as above, but MM is slutted. the bounce is stopped.

Scenario 3 - Same as above, but the MM is Player A. The slut targets player A. The Slut stops to the bounce from occurring, since it stops an action ebfore it begins (see Scenario 3 above for another example).

For hoopsguy

Old 07-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #1359
Poli
FOFC Survivor

RRRRRRrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #1360
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Although I did get enslutted again last night.

Quote:
Come to think of it, I've really been sexed up a lot this game.

Quote:
Alright, I was trying to do something that may have been counter-productive and yet, at the same time, this will sort of screw Hoops' plan.

I am the BG.

I guarded ntndeacon on the night nobody was killed and scored a block. Here is my list of block attempts:

Chapter 2- Self
Chapter 4- EF
Chapter 6- Self
Chapter 8- ntn (will discuss how I knew to do this in next post)
Chapter 10- Self
Chapter 12- Hoops
Chapter 14- Self

The reason for the question:

Slutting:
N1 - EagleFan (post #295)
N2 - PurdueBrad (#436)
N3 - Hoopsguy (#619)
N4 - Lerriuqs (#882)
N5 - PurdueBrad (#1184)
N6 -
N7 - PurdueBrad (#1288)

OK, I'm missing a night in here somewhere - how did this happen?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #1361
hoopsguy
General Manager

Abe, is the Slut allowed to hit the same person on back to back nights? The rules do not seem to say one way or another on this point. But from a balance standpoint, it seems odd to allow them to totally negate a role/person every night.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #1362
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
The reason for the question:

Slutting:
N2 - PurdueBrad (#436)
N3 - Hoopsguy (#619)
N4 - Lerriuqs (#882)
N5 - PurdueBrad (#1184)
N6 -
N7 - PurdueBrad (#1288)

OK, I'm missing a night in here somewhere - how did this happen?

Is post 1184 not related to night 6? JetsIn06 appears to have been the Slut's target on night 5 (post 1017).
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #1363
hoopsguy
General Manager

Great, thanks Martin - knew I was missing one somewhere.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #1364
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe, is the Slut allowed to hit the same person on back to back nights? The rules do not seem to say one way or another on this point. But from a balance standpoint, it seems odd to allow them to totally negate a role/person every night.

There is no restriction to their role. Any player, including Blakekin, can be slutted any number of times in row, and no slut may occur as well.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #1365
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Slutting:
N2 - PurdueBrad (#436)
N3 - Hoopsguy (#619)
N4 - Lerriuqs (#882)
N5 - Jets (#1017)
N6 - PurdueBrad (#1184)
N7 - PurdueBrad (#1288)

Fixed the list based on the above information.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #1366
hoopsguy
General Manager

I guess I'm staying on my MartinD vote - PB's stuff all checks out based on rules questions that I can think of.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #1367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty - just curious, but did you even read my reveal? Have you considered it in light of the events with EagleFan on Day 3, when he copped to my role? Which led to me voting for him?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #1368
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, as hard as it has been for me to trust you this game, you're going to have to trust me. This isn't how I would've played it as a wolf either. First of all, I would've certainly jumped on any opportunity to lynch you as opposed to actively trying to look for other angles. Secondly, the last two kills baffle me unless they truly had no idea who the BG was and they were hunting.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #1369
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

SCHMIDTY (all caps so you'll see it, not for yelling purposes)- IF Hoops weren't an option, would you vote for Martin D or nfg and why?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #1370
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If were a wolf Hoops, in all honesty (and this is a compliment), I would've killed you long ago if I had the chance. I always try to get the people out that when the game is on the line, can put things together. You're one of those guys. Take that for what you will.

[/end to Hoops love-fest]
Old 07-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #1371
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, as hard as it has been for me to trust you this game, you're going to have to trust me. This isn't how I would've played it as a wolf either. First of all, I would've certainly jumped on any opportunity to lynch you as opposed to actively trying to look for other angles. Secondly, the last two kills baffle me unless they truly had no idea who the BG was and they were hunting.

So, care to point me to places in the thread where you suggested that you have the BG role?

I completely distrust you but I'm also failing in building a case right now. So I hope that I'm wrong about you while voting elsewhere because it offers the best chance for winning the game.

If you and I are both alive tomorrow I imagine that I'll be revisiting this in spades.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #1372
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I'll look back but I honestly don't think I laid groundwork. My best piece of evidence is drawing the attack on ntn and getting a block. I'll go through my posts, but I did not actively try to drop clues this game. My PM to Abe at the beginning was that making me guard was crazy, with how early an exit I've been as of late.

I will say from a RP standpoint, my "standing up" for Path12 v. Danny was less in my character's persona (artistic over athletic and aggressive) and more a play of the guard role.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #1373
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I have to leave soon but...schmidty..how do you not trust hoops? Ill be switching to schmidty if i can get confirmation thats what hoops wants to do. But hoops is totall good. No way for him not to be.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #1374
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, I'm usually pretty good at picking up on the bread crumbs you leave on roles. I haven't found them today, although work has been busy enough to slow me from doing a really exhaustive look.

Oh well - like I said before, potentially to be continued tomorrow. For today, I'll focus on getting the "other" wolf because I don't think I can rally two more votes on you. Honestly, without the word "conversion" appearing in any of the wolf roles I'm not 100% sure that I want to succeed in getting a lynch on you anyway ... it would go against playing the percentages, and I'm more or less a slave to the percentages in these games.

But I just can not find any way to understand the wolf night kills without you being a wolf. And I can pretty easily justify a game that doesn't have a bodyguard with the seer/backup seer mechanic. So that is weighing against my instincts to make the rational play.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #1375
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm settling in to watch The Watchmen but will be around some.

Ummmm, maybe as Guard I watch the Watchmen? No? I tried.

Quote:
Yeah, but I try very hard not to screw things by not being around and I couldn't help it tonight. I generally do feel pretty shitty about this. Anyway, I'll move on but sorry EF.

Also, while I'm COT, think long and hard about whether or not to guard me tonight. I'm not sure the guard may not be more useful elsewhere.

I tried to draw an attack here on a night I self-protected by saying "put it elsewhere".

Hoops, that's all I got, that and the ntn stuff I laid out before. I didn't actively drop clues this time, which I often do. If it garners voting me out, so be it.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #1376
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So on two nights I attempted to manipulate the wolves, it worked once.

I guess the other thing, me pushing you to put out your plan as I had a feeling that it would involved a BG reveal but I couldn't figure out what to do. I didn't want to reveal honestly because of the enslutting factor but the wolves know there is a BG and if I didn't ultimately reveal, hiding that info from the village is no good.

I got nothing else Hoops, not out of frustration, just lack of a good trail on my part (which is rare, so I would probably vote me as well).
Old 07-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #1377
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I need to go. Since im convinced the last two are Martin and Schmidty I am going to switch to Schmidty be consistent more with what you guys are feeling. Hoops just trust PB for today. Really.

UNVOTE MARTIN D
VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #1378
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, I'm usually pretty good at picking up on the bread crumbs you leave on roles. I haven't found them today, although work has been busy enough to slow me from doing a really exhaustive look.

Oh well - like I said before, potentially to be continued tomorrow. For today, I'll focus on getting the "other" wolf because I don't think I can rally two more votes on you. Honestly, without the word "conversion" appearing in any of the wolf roles I'm not 100% sure that I want to succeed in getting a lynch on you anyway ... it would go against playing the percentages, and I'm more or less a slave to the percentages in these games.

But I just can not find any way to understand the wolf night kills without you being a wolf. And I can pretty easily justify a game that doesn't have a bodyguard with the seer/backup seer mechanic. So that is weighing against my instincts to make the rational play.

The one thing going for me is lack of mention of conversions, agreed. If it were reversed, I would be looking directly at you. The last two kills make absolutely no sense to me except that the wolves couldn't expect a block (even if they didn't know I was BG) the odds of those two being guarded weren't good. I'm not a random.org wolf nor am I big on taking the 'safe' play by picking Jets or lerriuqs.

I'm a big instinct/guts believer in games (doesn't usually get me far) but I'm asking you to be the opposite, play rational today and tomorrow and I think we win.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #1379
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I can't guarantee to be here at deadline but I think I can. With nfg's switch, are you going Schmidty too because I'll move as well.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #1380
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm probably gone in about 10-15 minutes and if my future isn't settled, I'm fine with that. Hoops, let me know where you need my vote today and you'll have it, that's all I can offer.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #1381
MartinD
High School Varsity

It looks like there are two options for me at the moment - hoopsguy or Schmidty. The simple truth, however, is that we need to find a wolf with today's vote, and I think that hoops is less likely to be a wolf than Schmidty (even though I don't agree with the paths that hoops been going down with his analysis today...)

VOTE SCHMIDTY

And with that, I'm done for the day. Hope that between us we make the right decision tonight, and that the village is still alive and kicking in the morning
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #1382
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out for a double-header and hope to make it back if I'm needed to move. Good luck village.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #1383
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB - I really do not think that Schmidty is more likely to be a wolf than MartinD. I've voiced some suspicions about Martin not playing like himself from fairly early on in the game. Of the remaining players left he is the one, besides you, that makes the most sense as a wolf to me.

PB, if we are on the same team and there are really two wolves left do we really want NFG making the call for us on where we end up? I want to stay on MartinD and let the chips fall where they will.

I'll definitely be around leading up to deadline for further discussion but I'm off now for my drive home + some family time.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #1384
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
PB - I really do not think that Schmidty is more likely to be a wolf than MartinD. I've voiced some suspicions about Martin not playing like himself from fairly early on in the game. Of the remaining players left he is the one, besides you, that makes the most sense as a wolf to me.

PB, if we are on the same team and there are really two wolves left do we really want NFG making the call for us on where we end up? I want to stay on MartinD and let the chips fall where they will.

I'll definitely be around leading up to deadline for further discussion but I'm off now for my drive home + some family time.

My brother isnt here yet and i got my car cleaned so I have a few mins...I dont want to make the call either but you said I should switch to schmidty...or at least asked if I would with you? Im following you...
Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #1385
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

i gtg im staying on schmidty then
Old 07-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #1386
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
My brother isnt here yet and i got my car cleaned so I have a few mins...I dont want to make the call either but you said I should switch to schmidty...or at least asked if I would with you? Im following you...

In the very next post I said I wasn't going to make a "spite" vote even though I really would like to make one at some point when I see what I consider a poorly conceived vote in my direction.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #1387
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point I'm going to assume that MartinD is not going to be back on for the deadline- it is some stupid early/late (depending on perspective) hour for him and he has not been around for deadlines pretty much ever. On the off chance that he shows up I will be just about 100% certain that he is a wolf.

We are 2-2-1 right now and Schmidty has the option to move a vote off me to save himself. I think he would be correct putting it on MartinD and we'll find out what happens from there.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #1388
hoopsguy
General Manager

Two wolf pairings (from my perspective):

- PB/MartinD - most likely pairing in my mind

- NFG/MartinD - could see NFG as trying to save MartinD today by burying Schmidty

- Schmidty/MartinD - seems like a reach to me

- PB/NFG - possible, I would probably be looking at a late snipe with these two

- PB/Schmidty - call me fooled, this would be the least likely pairing in my eyes

- NFG/Schmidty - I was wrong, this would be the least likely pairing in my eyes. Can't see both of them gunning for me as consistently/hard as they did earlier
Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #1389
hoopsguy
General Manager

And here I was worried that I missed something over the last half hour putting my kid to bed.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #1390
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote count:

MartinD - Hoops (1320), PB (1331)
Schmidty - NFG (1377), MartinD (1381)
Hoops - Schmidty (1342)
Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #1391
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can't believe that the wolves would let it go to a tie if we did not have a pair of villagers lined up.

So I'm expecting either a late snipe vote or a villager runoff here - which would leave PB/NFG as wolves.

Guess I'll find out inside of ten minutes from now ...
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #1392
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

time check

Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #1393
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That is time

Old 07-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #1394
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another day winds down and there are just five of your left. Once again you find yourself with a tie, despite low and odd numbers.

The debate today has been virtually non-existent. A few rants, a bit of chest thumping, and then silence.

Once again someone produces a quarter. A West Virginia quarter, commemorating he 35th state in the union, will be flipped.

Sarah Dickerson - Heads
Amit Patel - Tails

Up it goes and down it comes.

Heads it is.

Sarah sighs and walks into the fire before you can say a word. Her death is quick and over.

Sarah (Schmidty) was a villager.

As you turn around, you find two of your number with ..... claws?

Roger Sanchez and Amit Patel rip your bodies to shreds and end this.

The Blakekin have won!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #1395
The Jackal
Coordinator

You risky friggin bastards. Great success!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #1396
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Blakekin who won:

Danny - Unknown
MartinD - Slut
Jackal - Vanilla
nfg - Angry Blakekin

Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #1397
Autumn
Head Coach

Wait, who was who?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #1398
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, some curious decisions down the stretch IMO, but it worked out in the end.. Easiest wolf win for me ever!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #1399
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah, thanks lol
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #1400
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice work wolves, played a very strong game I thought.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote