Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #1351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rum, however it turns out today I'm glad you have a chance to speak during the day cycle. I took no enjoyment out of casting a lynch vote with the thought that you might not be here to defend yourself, but hoped that others might emerge who could/would help your cause.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #1352
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I must have missed something. Why do you have trust in Cronin?

He visited me night 2, and realized I'm not a cowboy.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #1353
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good day to call in sick, huh? Well, starting to feel better at least.

Well, as I suspected, I was thrown in jail last night. I was the first arrested by ntndeacon, and pretty much confirm what Swaggs said. Gram was brought in by the deputies alone. And I have no gun.

I understand the calls to lynch me, as I would certainly question my conversation with sal that night as well if I didn't know what was going on.

Unfortunately, unless someone with seer-like abilities has met with me, I don't know of any way to clear myself. Except for saldana, I haven't had any interractions with anyone. The first night I didn't get a PM at all. The second was the talk with saldana. Last night, I was home getting ready to go to bed when I was arrested.

I have not lied at all in this thread. My last post hinting at my role and my allegiance is true, and I have been trying to help the villagers with what is a complicated role to play. Of course, being locked up, I won't be able to do that tonight, should I be alive.

I don't foresee anyone speaking up for me, because I don't know that anyone can have knowledge about me without having met me. So I guess it will come down to whether you believe me or not.

If you believe me, then free me or at least leave me in jail. If you don't, then I guess lynch me, but you will be killing a loyal villager. Don't confuse my role with my allegiance. Just because I am not a member the town would brag about, doesn't mean I must be a cowboy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #1354
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Rum, however it turns out today I'm glad you have a chance to speak during the day cycle. I took no enjoyment out of casting a lynch vote with the thought that you might not be here to defend yourself, but hoped that others might emerge who could/would help your cause.

Thanks, hoops. It looks like I will be here this afternoon after all. But, yes, even if I had gone to work, I would have been home for an hour or so to defend myself.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #1355
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Well, The people I have gone to see are in my CoT. I also trust Lathum as well. the whole thing with GE makes me trust Swaggs some. others have a sidgeon of trust or distrust. So it would look a little like this:

High trust:
Hoops, Cronin, Anxiety, Swaggs
Moderately High Trust:
Lathum
Middlin' Trust:
Spleen
Just a little trust:
Bullett, Barkeep

I wish you would walk ten feet down the corridor of your jail and have a chat with me.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #1356
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'd be curious to hear what saldana thinks on lynching Rum. If saldana, who I agree is not cleared, thinks that Rum should be executed that I would encourage people to vote for him. If saldana doesn't want to execute, I'll remove my vote. We know that CR tried to interfere with saldana in his duties as sheriff. CR presents a begnin explanation, but I am not so willing to grant him that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #1357
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola though it does make sense, which is why I'm willing to defer to the judgement of the man with the most info, saldana.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #1358
st.cronin
General Manager

I do not at all understand what role CR is hinting at.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #1359
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I do not at all understand what role CR is hinting at.
He's saying that if ntn in his seer role talked to him (CR) that ntn would clear him as he has done with you and hoops.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #1360
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
He's saying that if ntn in his seer role talked to him (CR) that ntn would clear him as he has done with you and hoops.

Yes, I got that part. But he is also hinting that he has a certain role ...

ah, may have just figured it out. hmmmm

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #1361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well I'd be curious to hear what saldana thinks on lynching Rum. If saldana, who I agree is not cleared, thinks that Rum should be executed that I would encourage people to vote for him. If saldana doesn't want to execute, I'll remove my vote. We know that CR tried to interfere with saldana in his duties as sheriff. CR presents a begnin explanation, but I am not so willing to grant him that.

I believe saldana already said he wants to lynch me. I doubt he has any more information than he and I have both already provided. Our descriptions of our conversation seem to match up perfectly well.

I was trying to verify saldana's allegiance to let the town know, as he was acting funny with that debate between himself and GE (who is now dead, BTW). IMHO, people should be looking really hard at saldana right now.

I didn't think my actions would interfere with his as sheriff, considering that he can also perform his ngiht actions as well as sheriff actions on any given night.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #1362
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I took it as CR hinting at his role not NTN's role.

My guess would be brothel girl or something the "town" wouldn't be proud of having.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #1363
st.cronin
General Manager

Doesn't really explain what he was doing with saldana though. CR, did you target saldana? And if so, why?

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #1364
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Doesn't really explain what he was doing with saldana though. CR, did you target saldana? And if so, why?

who is this in reference to? me or BK?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #1365
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
who is this in reference to? me or BK?

Ok, I'm going to have to reread yesterday's discussion, but didn't saldana say that CR had interfered with his arrest of GE? Or maybe GE said that. Somehow I thought CR was involved in that event.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #1366
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to have to reread yesterday's discussion, but didn't saldana say that CR had interfered with his arrest of GE? Or maybe GE said that. Somehow I thought CR was involved in that event.

I remember Sal saying he interfered against him, so I guess we both remember it correctly.

let me know if I need to reread it too.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #1367
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

st. cronin, I have said this from the very beginning. It was the night after that big brouhaha between saldana and GE. Neither really acquitted themselves too way in that. saldana just came off weird. I suspected both of them, but GE was in jail, so I couldn't meet with him then. Plus, saldana was the sheriff and if he was a cowboy, that would be the critical info to find out. So I went to meet with saldana with the purpose of discovering his role and allegiance.

Saldana has the particular vice I needed, it seems, but it wasn't strong enough for me to uncover the information I was looking for. He turned me down, and we went on our way.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #1368
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I believe saldana already said he wants to lynch me. I doubt he has any more information than he and I have both already provided. Our descriptions of our conversation seem to match up perfectly well.

I was trying to verify saldana's allegiance to let the town know, as he was acting funny with that debate between himself and GE (who is now dead, BTW). IMHO, people should be looking really hard at saldana right now.

I didn't think my actions would interfere with his as sheriff, considering that he can also perform his ngiht actions as well as sheriff actions on any given night.

Personally I think that the Saldana/GE thing was one of the early villager/villager fights that are pretty common beginning of a game, and it seems like I'm one of the only people who haven't seen anything that he's done as suspicious this game.

Chief, here's where I have a problem with your story. I understand your position so far that you just wanted to be sure of Saldana's alliegance......but dude, you tried to corrupt the sheriff! I'm having problems getting past that.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #1369
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Saldana said that he attempted to interefere, though it had no pratical effect. CR is now claiming to be the prostitute (or whatever it's called) and that if saldana had a vice for women, that CR would have been able to determine saldana's side (cowboy or villager). According to CR, he failed because of a dice role, though saldana does have a vice for women.

I think that sums up the situation.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #1370
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Personally I think that the Saldana/GE thing was one of the early villager/villager fights that are pretty common beginning of a game, and it seems like I'm one of the only people who haven't seen anything that he's done as suspicious this game.

Chief, here's where I have a problem with your story. I understand your position so far that you just wanted to be sure of Saldana's alliegance......but dude, you tried to corrupt the sheriff! I'm having problems getting past that.
I happen to agree it was likely a villager/villager conflict.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #1371
st.cronin
General Manager

I think there's a pretty good chance CR is villager. But I'm not prepared to let him out of jail. So, my vote will be to lynch Gram (vote already made), and leave CR in jail.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #1372
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, I believe saldana said he was on his way to arrest Swaggs. GE was already in jail (and about to free himself). saldana makes a lot of me "interfering" with his arrest (he was on his way there, I was not at that scene), but that had nothing to do with me. I had no idea what he was going off to do. I just picked a point at which he was walking along to walk up to him to perform my action.

To say I was "interfering" in Swaggs' arrest is stretching things very considerably. I completely trust Swaggs and support him being in jail to protect him.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #1373
st.cronin
General Manager

Also:

FREE SWAGGS

I think we can vote to free him, which will allow our sherriff to jail two more suspects tonight (assuming at least one execution).

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #1374
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm wondering, could all of these folks being at path's house last night be a possible meeting of the cowboys?

Has there been any sort of mechanic such as a meeting taking place between wolves during the night in previous games?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #1375
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Also:

FREE SWAGGS

I think we can vote to free him, which will allow our sherriff to jail two more suspects tonight (assuming at least one execution).

Letting Swaggs out takes one of his actions, so we can only jail one.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #1376
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You will need to, or you will have to kill me. You are confusing my role with my allegiance. Whomever I come into contact with, I will likely "corrupt" because of the nature of my role. But the goal isn't getting into Heaven here. It's to catch the cowboys. The fact I am a bit seedy may mean some long confessionals to the Preacher from some, but that doesn't mean I am swinging things to the cowboys. They are a whole different sort of corruption, one which is actively trying to bring you down.

As for "Saldana the Sheriff", remember this guy was removed from office after making a questionable move or two. I wouldn't exactly put him on a pedestal. And where would you NOT want a cowboy? How about the powerful office in town, the sheriff? My move was plain and simple: protect the town by uncovering if our sheriff was in cahoots with the bad guys.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #1377
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, and I believe I still have vote.

LYNCH GRAMMATICUS

NO LYNCH CHIEF RUM

Of course.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #1378
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You will need to, or you will have to kill me. You are confusing my role with my allegiance. Whomever I come into contact with, I will likely "corrupt" because of the nature of my role. But the goal isn't getting into Heaven here. It's to catch the cowboys. The fact I am a bit seedy may mean some long confessionals to the Preacher from some, but that doesn't mean I am swinging things to the cowboys. They are a whole different sort of corruption, one which is actively trying to bring you down.

As for "Saldana the Sheriff", remember this guy was removed from office after making a questionable move or two. I wouldn't exactly put him on a pedestal. And where would you NOT want a cowboy? How about the powerful office in town, the sheriff? My move was plain and simple: protect the town by uncovering if our sheriff was in cahoots with the bad guys.

Did you try to look at him at the in Night 2?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #1379
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think there's a pretty good chance CR is villager. But I'm not prepared to let him out of jail. So, my vote will be to lynch Gram (vote already made), and leave CR in jail.
What evidence is that?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #1380
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Letting Swaggs out takes one of his actions, so we can only jail one.

Well, unless we execute two, he will only be able to jail one anyway. Looking over the rules, it appears that letting people out of jail is strictly a sherriff thing, not a village vote.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #1381
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you try to look at him at the in Night 2?

WOW. Nice grammar spleen.

CR, what night did you approach saldana?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #1382
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh yeah, one piece of info I forgot. saldana also hinted at what he wasn't susceptible, too, which did not include what I can influence. The odds as I saw them were higher that I could get that information from him than from others in town.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #1383
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What evidence is that?

It's not based on evidence, it's just my instinct. That's why I say leave him in jail.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #1384
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
WOW. Nice grammar spleen.

CR, what night did you approach saldana?

Night 2.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #1385
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, right now we have three people in jail. It is going to take an action to release someone from jail. So we need to take SOME action here today - either lynch or a strong recommendation for release - to avoid being in the same spot tomorrow.

If Gramm is lynched, that leaves one spot open to fill. There is the option to release Swaggs ... Swaggs, is there still sufficient value to leave you in jail if we are thinking about leaving Rum in there for a night? If we leave you and Rum in there, then we are in a spot where we can only bring in one person the next night.

Of course, if we do adopt the crowded jail strategy we can get around this through shootouts. But I'm guessing we lost a big weapon in that arena last night when GE was killed.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #1386
st.cronin
General Manager

After re-reading the various descriptions of what happened last night from the witnesses, I am going to reverse course -

unvote Lynch Grammaticus
Lynch Chief Rum

I don't think it's especially likely that either one is a cowboy - but Grammaticus was found at the scene of the crime, which I assume a cowboy would have fled and hid. Now, this is an assumption, and I could be wrong.

I think we need to lynch one candidate, and I recommend our sherriff

release Swaggs

and

arrest anybody outside ntndeacon's COT

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #1387
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm wondering, could all of these folks being at path's house last night be a possible meeting of the cowboys?

Has there been any sort of mechanic such as a meeting taking place between wolves during the night in previous games?

Obligatory clearing up: Nobody was at my house except me as far as I'm aware. Gram was seen coming either to or from (?) my house, but as I said before the only thing that woke me up last night were the gunshots and I had no visitors. I realize that all you have is my word to go on.

As for your other question, I think in a game like this where there appear to be quite a few people around at night, it would be risky in the extreme to gather all the cowboys together for a meeting.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #1388
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok time to spill what i saw last night:

I heard 3 shots fired, i then ran out of my house (a little drunk). i saw Chubby, hoopsguy at GE house. i then saw Gramm aproaching from Paths house (wtf?). GE was dead. i then saw sheriff NTN approach, take Gramms gun and escort him to jail. i mean the deputies escorted Gramm to jail.

i dont trust Saldana and hoops
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #1389
st.cronin
General Manager

Let me add that if somehow both CR and Gram get lynched, the sherriff should leave Swaggs in jail and arrest two more.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #1390
spleen1015
Coordinator

Does anyone have any reason to trust path?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #1391
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

no, i suspect him
Old 10-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #1392
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
no, i suspect him

Can you say why?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #1393
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, I came out of last night trusting you more than I did before.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #1394
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can you say why?

cause i dont trust him
Old 10-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #1395
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Nope, and I have no way to prove myself to you besides my arguments here. No night actions, no special powers.

I don't think I've said anything though that is not in the interest of helping the village and trying to smoke out the cowboys.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #1396
path12
Coordinator

Hoops, when did ntn visit you?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #1397
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Chief, I started to change my suspicions of you late yesterday. (which is why I said 3 1/2 people voted for it) However you were who the town wanted in Jail. Iwas not completely convinced then. iam more so today however.
no Lynch Chief Rum
Lynch Gramm
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #1398
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

oh by the way my first thoughts on jailing and freeing...
If we have 0 or 1 open spot during the evening spot, then I plan on freeing Swagg.
If we have 2 I plan on leaving him in so imay fill it up again.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #1399
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope, and I have no way to prove myself to you besides my arguments here. No night actions, no special powers.

I don't think I've said anything though that is not in the interest of helping the village and trying to smoke out the cowboys.

Have you disclosed your role yet?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #1400
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Have you disclosed your role yet?

I think he has but iwill have to check my list of announce roles at the house to be sure.