Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #1351
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Wait fans specifically Patriots fans are trusting the NFL to do a proper investigation?

I was a bit more snarky when I talked about it elsewhere..

So, despite the best efforts of the league office to find evidence that the Patriots Football operations were "generally aware" of the Kraft Sports cameraman and his perfidious taping of B-Roll footage for a barely watched web short (or, if you believe otherwise, the latest cheating scandal from the most cheatingist organization EVAR).

Despite getting phones etcetera, they are frustrated... Frustrated that this is turning out to be a just-about-nothingburger (bad optics, yes, nothing more), and the Pats will likely suffer a minimal penalty without such a link.

But the fact that multiple league sources have told Florio "there's no there, there." (can I use the word there any more times?) bodes well. As I said, it's bad/horrendous optics, but without that link, anyone who thinks the Pats deliberately cheated to tape 8 minutes of a 1-11 team to a video display that EVERYONE can see, is predisposed to believe the worst of the Patriots.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #1352
QuikSand
lolzcat

Marshawn looking likely to jump back in it with the Seahawks and I am here for it
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #1353
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I was a bit more snarky when I talked about it elsewhere..

So, despite the best efforts of the league office to find evidence that the Patriots Football operations were "generally aware" of the Kraft Sports cameraman and his perfidious taping of B-Roll footage for a barely watched web short (or, if you believe otherwise, the latest cheating scandal from the most cheatingist organization EVAR).

Despite getting phones etcetera, they are frustrated... Frustrated that this is turning out to be a just-about-nothingburger (bad optics, yes, nothing more), and the Pats will likely suffer a minimal penalty without such a link.

But the fact that multiple league sources have told Florio "there's no there, there." (can I use the word there any more times?) bodes well. As I said, it's bad/horrendous optics, but without that link, anyone who thinks the Pats deliberately cheated to tape 8 minutes of a 1-11 team to a video display that EVERYONE can see, is predisposed to believe the worst of the Patriots.

I can't imagine why anyone would doubt the Patriot's integrity.

Patriots receiver Julian Edelman admits to faking head injury vs. Bills
Old 12-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #1354
cuervo72
Head Coach

"Kraft Sports."
Old 12-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #1355
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
"Kraft Sports."

Pretty cheesy name.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:26 AM   #1356
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Marshawn looking likely to jump back in it with the Seahawks and I am here for it

As much as I hate the Seahawks, I am also all for this move.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #1357
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Patriots losing at home to the Dolphins costing them a 1st round bye.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #1358
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Fitzmagick!
Old 12-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #1359
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

hey, you don't beat the Miami Dolphins at home, you don't deserve a first round bye.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #1360
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What a surprise. The Lions blow a 14 point lead.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:56 PM   #1361
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Packers played like crap - but got the win. I've been a big Rodgers defender this year - but he was pretty bad most of the game. Missed wide open guys and overthrew numerous receivers. He underthrew the late pick to Kumerow that could have cost them the game without the D bailing him out.

I think all this criticism about him not going deep and having an off year made him force a bunch of stuff and get off rhythm. Now that the regular season numbers are done, hopefully he can go back to the controlled passing game that won games all year. We can't be doing the 40-yard bomb to Adams in double coverage on 3rd and 1 with the back wide open in the flat come playoff time.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #1362
Thomkal
Head Coach

Not too impressed with playoff teams with something to play for this week so far. Should be lots of incentive for lower seeds in the playoffs.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #1363
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Outside of the Ravens and maybe the 49ers - I think the whole landscape is wide open.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #1364
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Packers played like crap - but got the win. I've been a big Rodgers defender this year - but he was pretty bad most of the game. Missed wide open guys and overthrew numerous receivers. He underthrew the late pick to Kumerow that could have cost them the game without the D bailing him out.

I think all this criticism about him not going deep and having an off year made him force a bunch of stuff and get off rhythm. Now that the regular season numbers are done, hopefully he can go back to the controlled passing game that won games all year. We can't be doing the 40-yard bomb to Adams in double coverage on 3rd and 1 with the back wide open in the flat come playoff time.

Rodgers' body language was weird for most of that game. He was flinging balls around and honestly looked like he didn't care. Like the team didn't invite him to go see Rise of Skywalker or something, so he just figured "screw you guys."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:56 PM   #1365
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Freddie Kitchens is out.

Let's see which poor schlub the Browns hire next.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:10 PM   #1366
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I haven't kept up much with NFL this year, but I don't know if I can wrap my head around a QB throwing for 5,000 yards, 30 TDs, AND 30 INTs. Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #1367
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Freddie Kitchens is out.

Let's see which poor schlub the Browns hire next.

I dunno - Kitchens must be the most under qualified and out of his depth coach in NFL history right? There’s enough talent on that team to make the playoffs with a semi competent coach, Browns or not.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #1368
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I haven't kept up much with NFL this year, but I don't know if I can wrap my head around a QB throwing for 5,000 yards, 30 TDs, AND 30 INTs. Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like my numbers in Madden with any QB I play with over a season.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:28 PM   #1369
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I dunno - Kitchens must be the most under qualified and out of his depth coach in NFL history right? There’s enough talent on that team to make the playoffs with a semi competent coach, Browns or not.

Why does everyone seem to agree that the talent is really any good?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:30 PM   #1370
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post

People think Mayfield is good. Even though he is not.

Chubb is a nice back. If they had featured him more instead of overrated QB and WRs they might have had a shot this year.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-29-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #1371
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A lot of fun in the AFC point differentials:

Houston wins the division with a negative differential(-7).

The Chargers are 5-11 with only a -8 differential.

Only five teams have a positive differential.

Three of the top four differentials in the league are in the AFC.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #1372
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Hell of a job by Freddie Kitchens. Gets fired in the evening and still has time to consult with the Seahawks about their 4th quarter clock management.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:44 PM   #1373
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post

A good Oline, 2 elite running backs, an elite receiver, a great possession receiver, and a QB coming off an outstanding rookie year. Combine that with a defense that should be at least average and you should be a playoff team.

Hindsight tells us that Mayfield can be exposed if you can get him to backpedal to his right, but Mayfield's play alone doesn't explain the disaster that occurred in Cleveland this year.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:51 PM   #1374
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Seattle on the road at Philly could be tough, however the Eagles are just so banged up on offense. I think Seattle wins a tight one

New Orleans will be extra motivated for this game even more than the normal playoff game IMO. Revenge for the Minnesota miracle and revenge for the awful call on the loss to the Rams in last years playoffs. I really think the Vikings lose by 17-28 points.

I like the Patriots to handle the Titans pretty convincingly as Beli should have the teams complete focus after the embarrassment today.

The Bills/Texans should be another close game. Id probably lean the Bills because of the poor Texans defense.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-29-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #1375
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Somebody who pays more attention than me would be able to answer this better but ... are the Browns considered to be significantly more talented overall than the Falcons?
Old 12-29-2019, 11:01 PM   #1376
Atocep
Coordinator

One interesting thing with the Browns is Depodesta was 100% against the Kitchens hire and the name he pushed forward last offseason was Kevin Stefanski.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:03 PM   #1377
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Somebody who pays more attention than me would be able to answer this better but ... are the Browns considered to be significantly more talented overall than the Falcons?

The Falcons have been so banged up over the past two years especially on defense. I think a healthy defense with a better coach and Atlanta is in the picture. Matt Ryan is fully capable of pulling out close wins. By the end of the year when they became more healthy the Falcons played more like what they are capable of.

Cleveland just doesnt mix. They have a couple of very good and maybe excellent wrs but a QB that doesnt have a clue of how to read a defense and find them. Chubb is probably their best player but they feel the need to pass because maybe they think they are suppose to??? Defense has some talent but also a lot of holes.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-29-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #1378
stevew
Hall Of Famer

chubbs losing the rushing title was kinda funny.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:46 PM   #1379
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Seattle on the road at Philly could be tough, however the Eagles are just so banged up on offense. I think Seattle wins a tight one

New Orleans will be extra motivated for this game even more than the normal playoff game IMO. Revenge for the Minnesota miracle and revenge for the awful call on the loss to the Rams in last years playoffs. I really think the Vikings lose by 17-28 points.

I like the Patriots to handle the Titans pretty convincingly as Beli should have the teams complete focus after the embarrassment today.

The Bills/Texans should be another close game. Id probably lean the Bills because of the poor Texans defense.

I have a hard time seeing the Eagles do anything against the Seahawks, even at home.

I'm absolutely with you on New Orleans.

The Patriots I'm not as sold on...they've been pretty mediocre lately, and while I hate to count out Belichek and co. at any time, the Titans have shown flashes. I think the Pats win a close one.

The Texans are so hard to get a handle on...their ceiling is so high, but their floor is so low. And I like the Bills, but I don't know how much of that is because one of my best buddies is a Bills fan and I want to see them do well. I think I'm with you on the Bills in a close one.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:32 AM   #1380
Edward64
Head Coach

Draft order so far. Falcons have #16.

2020 NFL draft order - First-round picks from 1-32, date and location
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:07 AM   #1381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
People think Mayfield is good. Even though he is not.

Chubb is a nice back. If they had featured him more instead of overrated QB and WRs they might have had a shot this year.

Chubb was leading the league in rushing until yesterday and third in attempts, he is very good. Not sure how much more they could have featured him. They also had Hunt for half the year who is a prior all pro. They have 2 all pro caliber receivers, one all world. 2 all pro caliber DEs and a number of other high picks on defense.

You put a coach like Harbaugh, Peyton, Shannahan, Carroll, or several others on that team and they make the playoffs.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:25 AM   #1382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Opposite side on a lot of these so you should probably bet it all on your leans.

I agree on Seattle, I don't see Philly winning with all the injuries.

To suggest any NFL team win a playoff game by 17-28 is insane. I would be inclined to take the +8 on the Vikings. Their defense and running game should keep it close and they are getting a bit healthier. For reference you can bet the Saints to win by 16-20 points at +540, 21-25 at +750, or 26-30 points at +1200. I fully believe the Saints win, but it will be close.

The Pats are broken. Do I trust B and B to win at home in the playoffs, yes, am I sold on it, no. Titans are much better with Tannehill and Brady has been average this year. I think we all expect the Pats we are accustomed to seeing that can switch it on when they need to but I'm not sure they can anymore. IF the Titans can control the clock with Henry they can keep it close. BB is the best ever at taking away what the other team does well, so Tannehill will need to make some plays with his legs, but if he can and they grind with Henry they have a shot. Plus don't discount Vrabels familiarity with the PAts organization.

For me the Bills game comes down to me trusting Watson at home a lot more than Allen on the road. What you say is true about the Texans D, but Allen isn't the guy to take advantage. His accuracy is terrible he will miss wide open guys by 10 yards. Bills need to grind it out and win a low scoring game. I Trust Watson at home to make enough plays for them to win. Bills are also a bit overrated. They beat the JEts, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins twice, Titans prior to Tannehill taking over, Redskins, Broncos, Cowboys, Steelers. Not exactly a murderers row. At Dallas easily the best win and they weren't even a playoff team. Only win against a playoff teat was the Titans and now I would give the Titans the edge over them.

Last edited by Lathum : 12-30-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:09 AM   #1383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Packers were 2-0 vs the Lions this year without ever leading in a game
Old 12-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #1384
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Just so I can record my wrongness:

AFC EAST: Pats
AFC NORTH: Ravens
AFC SOUTH: Colts
AFC WEST: Chiefs

AFC WILD CARDS: Jets, Texans

NFC SOUTH: Panthers
NFC EAST: Cowboys
NFC WEST: Seahawks
NFC NORTH: Packers

NFC WILD CARDS: Saints, Vikings

SUPER BOWL: Chiefs over Cowboys

FIRST OVERALL PICK: Jaguars (Dolphins were crazy to get Fitzpatrick as QB during a tank season).

Some thoughts:

I was WAY too high on the Cowboys this season. For the first three games, I was right. But badly coached is badly coached. It isn't even that Garrett is horrible. But he has far exceeded his tenure with that team.

I was also too high on the Panthers, but I also didn't know that Cam was going to be hurt.

I got the Rams thing right. I didn't have insight. It really was just a case of some team that did really well last year always falls out. I was also wrong about the Saints inasmuch as I almost put them out of the playoffs in my prediction. I thought that the no-call hangover would be worse than it was.

I was one inch away from being right about the Seahawks winning the division.

The Titans came out of nowhwere for me. And I did briefly consider Bills over Jets for that final wildcard. I bought into the Darnold hype and I forgot to look more closely at the coaches.

I was very high on the Ravens, so that was probably the thing I feel "most right" about.

And, like I said, no team that employs Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to go 0-16 :-)
Old 12-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #1385
miami_fan
Coordinator

Glad I am not the only one who had questions about Kitchens and the Browns. I don't even know what the comparison is for how badly that team and coach were overrated this year. Especially when there were no major QB injuries to speak of.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:55 AM   #1386
QuikSand
lolzcat

Draft lineup for 2020... Dolphins' win over NE lifts spirits, but lets the Giants leapfrog them in the order, and potentially costs them a shot at CB Okudah. If they want Tua, they probably still get a shot at him at pick 5... but wow, the risks with that injury, ugh.

Tankathon | 2020 NFL Draft Order

2020 NFL Draft Order
PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS STREAK
Cincinnati
2-14 .125 -- .553 Won 1
Washington
3-13 .188 1.0 .502 Lost 4
Detroit
3-12-1 .219 1.5 .506 Lost 9
NY Giants
4-12 .250 2.0 .473 Lost 1
Miami
5-11 .313 3.0 .484 Won 2
LA Chargers
5-11 .313 3.0 .514 Lost 3
Carolina
5-11 .313 3.0 .549 Lost 8
Arizona
5-10-1 .344 3.5 .529 Lost 1
Jacksonville
6-10 .375 4.0 .484 Won 1
Cleveland
6-10 .375 4.0 .533 Lost 3
NY Jets
7-9 .438 5.0 .473 Won 2
Oakland
7-9 .438 5.0 .482 Lost 1
Indianapolis
7-9 .438 5.0 .492 Lost 1
Tampa Bay
7-9 .438 5.0 .500 Lost 2
Denver
7-9 .438 5.0 .510 Won 2
Atlanta
7-9 .438 5.0 .545 Won 4
Dallas
8-8 .500 6.0 .479 Won 1
Pittsburgh
MIA 8-8 .500 6.0 .502 Lost 3
Chicago
OAK 8-8 .500 6.0 .508 Won 1
LA Rams
JAX 9-7 .563 7.0 .535 Won 1
WILD CARD ROUND LOSERS
Philadelphia
9-7 .563 7.0 .455 Won 4
Tennessee
9-7 .563 7.0 .488 Won 1
Buffalo
10-6 .625 8.0 .461 Lost 2
Minnesota
10-6 .625 8.0 .477 Lost 2
DIVISIONAL ROUND LOSERS
Houston
MIA 10-6 .625 8.0 .520 Lost 1
Seattle
11-5 .688 9.0 .531 Lost 2
New England
12-4 .750 10.0 .469 Lost 1
Green Bay
13-3 .813 11.0 .453 Won 5
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP LOSERS
Kansas City
12-4 .750 10.0 .510 Won 6
New Orleans
13-3 .813 11.0 .486 Won 3
SUPER BOWL TEAMS
San Francisco
13-3 .813 11.0 .504 Won 2
Baltimore
14-2 .875 12.0 .494 Won 12
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:41 AM   #1387
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Looks like my numbers in Madden with any QB I play with over a season.

Haha... mine too!

In fact Lock for me right now, 34 TD's, 36 INT's
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:17 AM   #1388
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Draft lineup for 2020... Dolphins' win over NE lifts spirits, but lets the Giants leapfrog them in the order, and potentially costs them a shot at CB Okudah. If they want Tua, they probably still get a shot at him at pick 5... but wow, the risks with that injury, ugh.

As the draft process moves on, a QB or two always gets big hype and ends up over-drafted. If the Dolphins are fine taking the best non-QB at five, my guess is they will have really good options.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:30 AM   #1389
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
As the draft process moves on, a QB or two always gets big hype and ends up over-drafted. If the Dolphins are fine taking the best non-QB at five, my guess is they will have really good options.

This will be Jacob Eason
Old 12-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #1390
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Steelers trade for Fitzpatrick looks great with the 18 pick.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #1391
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Both the Tunsil and Fitz trades look bad for the Dolphins. They won't get two players of equal abilities with those two picks.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:55 PM   #1392
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Trubisky ends the season with 207 yards and no touchdowns against the Vikings....backups. Your Bears franchise QB, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-30-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:21 PM   #1393
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Both the Tunsil and Fitz trades look bad for the Dolphins. They won't get two players of equal abilities with those two picks.
Usually you don't win trades where you don't get the best person. But, you could end up "resetting" your team a bit - which has some opportunity. Look at the Mack trade for Oakland - clearly the Bears got the better player and "won" the trade. But, when you are bad - moving one extremely expensive asset for picks and cap space is probably a smart move. Here's what Oakland got:
1. Didn't pay $141 million ($60 mil guaranteed) for a player that wasn't going to make them a playoff team.
2. RB Josh Jacobs on a 5-year rookie deal (looks promising)
3. #19 pick in 2020

Now, the Raiders didn't exactly do a great job with the initial cap space they got, but in theory it helps a rebuild. If Miami can use the 18th and 25th pick to find starters on good, 5-year deals - they can then take the money they would have spent on Minka/Tunsil and sure up 4-5 other areas. Throw in neither player wanted to play for them and I think you could have Miami on the road to being more relevant than if they just overpaid the two stars to play (unhappily) for them. I do think Chemistry matters in football and if your top guys aren't happy - your team will suffer.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #1394
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Trubisky ends the season with 207 yards and no touchdowns against the Vikings....backups. Your Bears franchise QB, ladies and gentlemen.

Well, he did have 511 yards and 6 touchdowns in two games against the Lions this season, so there’s hope yet, CW!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:11 PM   #1395
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

The only positive is it sounded like Nagy was done with him in interviews after the game. Whether nor not Pace is willing to move on is the question.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #1396
sabotai
General Manager

Looks like 3 of the 4 NFC East teams will have new head coaches next year. Gruden was fired earlier in the season by Washington, the Giants fired Shurmur early today and it's not looking good for Jason Garret in Dallas.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:43 PM   #1397
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Usually you don't win trades where you don't get the best person. But, you could end up "resetting" your team a bit - which has some opportunity. Look at the Mack trade for Oakland - clearly the Bears got the better player and "won" the trade. But, when you are bad - moving one extremely expensive asset for picks and cap space is probably a smart move. Here's what Oakland got:
1. Didn't pay $141 million ($60 mil guaranteed) for a player that wasn't going to make them a playoff team.
2. RB Josh Jacobs on a 5-year rookie deal (looks promising)
3. #19 pick in 2020

Now, the Raiders didn't exactly do a great job with the initial cap space they got, but in theory it helps a rebuild. If Miami can use the 18th and 25th pick to find starters on good, 5-year deals - they can then take the money they would have spent on Minka/Tunsil and sure up 4-5 other areas. Throw in neither player wanted to play for them and I think you could have Miami on the road to being more relevant than if they just overpaid the two stars to play (unhappily) for them. I do think Chemistry matters in football and if your top guys aren't happy - your team will suffer.

The Tunsil deal is better, but the Fitz trade was terrible. He still has two years left on his rookie contract. Maybe if they actually tanked it would have been worth it, but they'll get the second or third QB, and they would be in better shape moving forward with two more Pro Bowlers.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:07 PM   #1398
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

To suggest any NFL team win a playoff game by 17-28 is insane. I would be inclined to take the +8 on the Vikings. Their defense and running game should keep it close and they are getting a bit healthier. For reference you can bet the Saints to win by 16-20 points at +540, 21-25 at +750, or 26-30 points at +1200. I fully believe the Saints win, but it will be close.

Plenty of playoff games end up with a margin of 2 or more touchdowns. Saints have plenty of motivation on their side to lay a beating. Are the Vikings 17-28 points worse than the Saints in a normal game, no.

Vikings have injured linebackers, Cook is nursing a few different injuries and the Saints are sick of hearing about the Minnesota miracle. As much as Id love to be wrong(and I am a lot when it comes to the Vikings) I believe this will be an ass kicking.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-30-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:05 AM   #1399
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I had low expectations for the Browns to choose the right head coach, yet somehow the Browns have sunk even lower.

Patriots’ Josh McDaniels Accepts Offer From Browns - Game 7
Old 12-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #1400
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the Dolphins win had no bearing on their pick. If I'm not mistaken, tiebreaker goes to the team with the worse strength of schedule. A loss would have made their SOS even stronger (.488). Either way, they had the tougher schedule than the Giants meaning they were locked in at that #5 pick.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote