Schmidty
Coordinator

Hell yeah!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #1352
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
FWIW, Chubby's increased ranting on the previous page almost got me to vote for him, but I don't think a necro would go off on such an obvious dirge against a fairly trusted player so close to the deadline. That said he is a first time player so... but anyway, consider youself under probation Chubby.

tangle, i have been thinking about this since you posted it....again, i dont expect anyone to say i am clear at this point in the game, but Chubby started the day pushing on me a bit, but several people, including myself, said my move yesterday was too brazen to be that of a wolf.

could it be that he seized upon the fact that to this point, i have gotten the benefit of the doubt and is trying to use the exact same thing to his advantage?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #1353
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
reread the result...he didnt fear death...he knows he can be reanimated...and his items were those that no right thinking egyptian would possess...add the clouds overhead lightened and it translates to a bad guy died.....it is very rare that the DM says "YOU KILLED A BAD GUY'.. there is always some interpretation needed
never mind...misunderstood the question
Old 06-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #1354
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes it IS obvious - like the Thing. Oh look, the guy turned into a morphing alien monster thing and is attacking before you manage to kill it!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #1355
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Hell yeah!

"
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #1356
SnDvls
Pro Starter

night actions will be interesting, I'd bet we see a death tonight for sure now with bek gone. It puts the pressure on. I also wouldn't be suprised if it was me or dubb too.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #1357
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Atleast we got one of them finally. I assume we can read nothing into his actual role from the description Barkeep gave other than he is bad?

Now whats the odds on my death coming smoothly and efficiently tonight?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:48 PM   #1358
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
tangle, i have been thinking about this since you posted it....again, i dont expect anyone to say i am clear at this point in the game, but Chubby started the day pushing on me a bit, but several people, including myself, said my move yesterday was too brazen to be that of a wolf.

could it be that he seized upon the fact that to this point, i have gotten the benefit of the doubt and is trying to use the exact same thing to his advantage?

While I appreciate the credit your willing to give me, you're a little off base with me if you think this.

/self analysis If you've seen me in a religious or political thread you'd know i can be a little, ummm, stubborn to let go of a point i believe to be right. I've been suspicious of dubb and I will continue to do so, I don't know if he took offense to me not including him on my list of people I trust or what.

Obviously there's a couple of people that I'm looking at tomorrow pending any new info popping up. I work tomorrow 6:30am - 2pm EST (weather permitting) and I pick up my girlfriend at 4:30ish as she's coming out to spend the night so I won't be on as much as I have these last two days when I've been off work. It'll be a change since I'll be able to think about people's actions and reactions while at work. This is one time I miss my old job where I had a computer in my office tho...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #1359
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And I'm back.

All I gotta say is....WHOO!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #1360
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Of course, now we ask...

Did Bek know any of his fellow scum?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #1361
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmmm.

Reading the last couple pages....Chubby Chubby Chubby....how I do not trust thee.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #1362
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Hmmm.

Reading the last couple pages....Chubby Chubby Chubby....how I do not trust thee.

welcome to the club

as far as bek knowing the other necrophiliacs...highly doubtful IMO, considering he only posted about 5 times all game.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:29 PM   #1363
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
welcome to the club

as far as bek knowing the other necrophiliacs...highly doubtful IMO, considering he only posted about 5 times all game.

Still, that doesn't mean he didn't pull off a successful scan of someone sometime. But a moot point with his lack of participation. Hard to read into all of nothing.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #1364
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, for all of you paying attention right now, including the Chubster.

Is there a good reason why I SHOULDN"T suspect him heavily right now?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:32 PM   #1365
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

As I said before, I went off on one of my "this is what I think and I'm not dropping it rampages". I apologize for that but I still don't trust dubb and that's not changing right now.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #1366
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'd look at him except I think he was just very overzealous, plus I feel there are bigger fish to fry out there for us to get.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #1367
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I'd look at him except I think he was just very overzealous, plus I feel there are bigger fish to fry out there for us to get.

Such as?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #1368
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

main reasons I can think of is that he is new, he does not know other people's play styles and they do not know his. Several of the people in these games are often confrontational, overly defensive and get heated up.

My first WW game I ended up having the seer all over my case as a good guy just because I was questioning his logic and was being overly talkative as a new person Its just how I always play I suppose but people didnt know that at the time.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:35 PM   #1369
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What gets me is the fact that he was going after dubb....with mostly utterly incorrect interpretation of the rules.

Now, I've done that before myself, but not to that extent.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #1370
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #1371
st.cronin
General Manager

hell fuckin' yeah
go team! kick ass!

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 PM   #1372
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright - that's it. Enough cheering. Every single game, its you and cheering.

Vote st. cronin

-Anxiety

P.S. -

Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #1373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Back and sorry for the delays. Post #1 updated.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:15 PM   #1374
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Initiate powers:
1.) Search for fellow necromancers
2.) Craft a cursed scarab. Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled. Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #1375
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Nice job, boys! I'll catch up tomorrow morning.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #1376
Tyrith
College Starter

I'd just like to note for Barkeep's sake that when I read the spawn game it seemed really interesting and engrossing and I'm excited that it's coming back

We got lucky on this one, and like everyone else has said, I don't think we can take a lot away from it because we were mainly trying to kill him for not talking. However, the later stages of the day seemed to yield some interesting discussion that we might be able to use.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #1377
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If I happen to die tonight, I want my last words to be.........wait a minute, I know exactly who is a necromancer, it's..................
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 AM   #1378
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Initiate powers:
1.) Search for fellow necromancers
2.) Craft a cursed scarab. Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled. Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.

this post makes a lot more sense if you put this along with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by post 1 roster
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3

this is excellent for us, as with the initiate dead, anyone that has a scarab passed to them knows it isnt a cursed one, since bek didnt live long enough to make one
Old 06-22-2006, 01:03 AM   #1379
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this post makes a lot more sense if you put this along with it

this is excellent for us, as with the initiate dead, anyone that has a scarab passed to them knows it isnt a cursed one, since bek didnt live long enough to make one

Not true. There could be more than one initiate. I doubt Bek is "the" initiate, instead being "an" initiate.

-Anxiety

Old 06-22-2006, 01:04 AM   #1380
Vince
Pro Starter

Good work guys! I'd feel better about this, except for I really wasn't aware that Bek was a bad guy. I was more voting for him because he was inactive.

So the real Chubby has finally stood up -- I was wondering how long until he got into "argument mode." Though he could very well be parlaying it into a strategy in the game, the day's actions are not really all that surprising to me, having seen Chubby in arguments in other places before. Please don't take this the wrong way, Chubby or anyone...I just find Chubby to be quite...argumentative...normally. To be honest, I'm surprised it took so long. I can't wait to see the fireworks if it gets down to lynch time and his neck's on the block

And I think in all seriousness, the luckiest lynch ever was Blackadar, in the one game that he did play in. He was lynched on day one for something ridiculous like saying 'Woof,' and he turned out to be a werewolf.

There are some people who have been active in the thread, but have added little to nothing at all in terms of content (at least, I don't think they have...I might very well have missed it somewhere along the line), and I'd like to see them talk a bit. Anxiety, Schmidty, Tanglewood, kingfc22 and Qwikshot -- I'm calling you guys out. I just want to know what's your thought process so far -- you guys have all been quiet for one reason or another, and like I've mentioned before, I think that the more information there is out there, the better for the Egyptians. I'm not necessarily saying I think you're all bad or anything...just that I don't have much of a read on you guys, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Just for my own purposes, here are how I perceive everyone's activity so far in the thread:

Crazy Active:
Barkeep (215)

Very Active:
dubb93 (77)
Chubby (79)
SnDvls (87)
Alan T (99)
saldana (98)

Somewhat Active:
Tyrith (59)
Passacaglia (48)
path (36)
bulletsponge (47)
Blade (83)
Vince (56)
Coffee Warlord (55)
Lathum (23)

Not Very Active:
Anxiety (58)
Schmidty (24)
Tanglewood (20)
Qwikshot (21)
kingfc22 (27)

The number in parenthesis is their actual post count in the thread, which I looked up AFTER I grouped them. Seems like I missed on Anxiety and Lathum, and that Blade has been a bit more active than I thought. I guess this would be better labeled as "content participation;" I don't remember Anxiety posting much about strategy or thoughts, so that's why I put him on the "Not Very Active" list. That being said, I'd still like to hear from everyone on the "Not Very Active" list, and I guess from Lathum too -- though I didn't realize that he was so quiet thus far.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:16 AM   #1381
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I challenge anyone who doesn't think I've been doing things to reread my posts. Just today alone you'll find me doing things like reminding people that just because we killed an intiate does not mean we killed all of the initiates and we shouldn't assume that we did, that tangle's strategy to push for a tie is a poor one, and so forth. I was also the first to really push for cronin after saldana. You'll see saldana argues with cronin for a while, then only after I jump in does everybody start moving. Sure, it bombed, but I am involved and affecting things. Just because I'm not a post whore doesn't mean m not doing stuff

-Anxiety

Old 06-22-2006, 01:17 AM   #1382
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and I was the one to ask about the whole EG thing and clarified that rule which others noticed as well. Remember, in the first few days, we are feeling people out, discussing rules, and so forth. I think I've been useful at discussing rules, roles and more while also keeping some of the players from venturing too far.

-Anxiety

Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 AM   #1383
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just got home from work and am trying to catch up. I will be home tomorrow for the deadline which I am very happy about. I hate having to vote so early in the day.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:55 AM   #1384
kingfc22
Head Coach

Sweet. Nothing like wiping out a bad guy before they get one of us.

Still not sure why Chubby went after Dubb like that. He is towards the top of my trust list with his role reveal today.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #1385
Blade6119
Coordinator

Guys, someone knew him. The move to cronin came from people on Bek. I think its clear now it was more to save bek then kill cronin. Anyone disagree?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:05 AM   #1386
Tyrith
College Starter

Anxiety's presents a strange case. For most players acting different is a sign of being a wolf, but Anxiety has been given roles such that most of what we've seen out of him has been him playing a bad guy. It's possible that there is a weird reverse case going on now; because he's a good guy he is acting different to what we're used to. That, or because he kept getting killed :P
Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #1387
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Guys, someone knew him. The move to cronin came from people on Bek. I think its clear now it was more to save bek then kill cronin. Anyone disagree?

It's theoretically possible. It depends on who Bek search for necroed the first night. Time to dig up the vote record for Day Two.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 AM   #1388
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
It's theoretically possible. It depends on who Bek search for necroed the first night. Time to dig up the vote record for Day Two.
No, who searched him too...either way and they would know
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 AM   #1389
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Cronin - Saldana (618), Schmidty (659), Anxiety (731), Dubb (742), bullet (750), Barkeep (751), Alan T (756), Vince (767), Tanglewood (769)
I can all but gurantee we have a necro in there. Its a big list, but i think we had 1-2 on there.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #1390
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, who searched him too...either way and they would know

Yes, but what are the odds of that when bek was a good shot to be dead anyway and near the bottom of the list in terms of likely searches indepdent of that? Not that it really matters; the fact that he didn't say anything means we don't have any clues to possibly figure out who he might have searched. However, necro searching logic probably started with the more "respected" and experienced players and worked down instead of just being a series of random patterns.

Yes, I also know the argument could be made that they would search bek to see if they should defend him or not. That just seems like throwing good money after bad. Furthermore, one necro alone would have to be in a key position in order to swing the entire vote. The bek to cronin movement involved what is going to amount to half a dozen suspects and most of them had innocent intentions that we aren't going to be able to distinguish from a necro. The silence aspect was more overt and was much more likely to be a sign of actual knowledge.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:47 AM   #1391
Tyrith
College Starter

The players in the drama.

Saldana - Unlikely to be bad because of the overtness of his move. Also warned chubby off of pursuing dubb's reason for clearing sndvls, which wouldn't have been missed if he hadn't done it and is a minor reason why I might trust him.

Schmidty - Vote seemed purely retaliatory and schmidty like. No real reason to suspect more.

Anxiety - Looks like a "vote for who you think is guilty" vote. Couldn't really know that it would swing the entire debate around like it did without some dubb conspiracy that is impossible. Also didn't really try to defend his vote and use it to sway others.

Dubb - Is quite likely clean. If he is a bad guy is it worth it to him to tell us sndvls is clean just to get in with us? In retrospect that is a play that cannot be totally discounted. If he lives that long what happens on day 5 will be telling. But for day two trying to clear sndvls and then radically swing the vote is incredibly ballsy. On the off chance this happened it's probably the best series of plays I've seen in my WW career.

Bullet - This is where the experience/inexperience factor kinda comes into play for me. From a player with some more game knowledge I could see the dogpile onto a buddy, then switch onto a fortunate train move, but it seems really inconsistent with the way he's acted with the rest of his posts. He'd have to either be being coached or he'd have to be slow-rolling a lot more research than we know. Coaching brings up logistical problems -- bek wasn't really around to give that kind of advice, so you have to bring in a third player, and what are the odds of one necro finding another necro who found a third necro on the first night? It's not impossible but it's rather improbable. Slow-rolling is just dangerous, especially seeing that the newbies are getting more focus because of the antics I pulled in 26. If it were anyone else this is the spot that would have all of my senses going off, but I just don't think it's here.

Barkeep - I really don't have a reason to trust him at this point. The role reveal push did seem like a little bit much. But he's smart enough to know that killing quiet people just for being quiet isn't really a winning strategy. There seems to be a weird consensus to trust barkeep that I'm not sure about.

Alan - another "hell, we don't have anything else" vote move. I don't have anything else special on him now, but I didn't last game either, and look how that turned out.

Vince - Moved a placeholder, so he could have been holding out on the bek dogpile and hoping for something else, but seemed like an actual RL concern consistent with day 3. Joining the dogpile is the easy route, especially on a minimal knowledge vote.

Tangle - Just the trail end of the dogpile. Votes have been coming in really late but it doesn't seem out of character for him. No real info here, either.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 AM   #1392
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

You know I had voted for Bek because of the inactivity, and I recall reading a post about how we should give some latitude and then I go and vote Bullet and *poof* Bek is a baddie, so I should have went with my initial gut feeling.

I am beginning to think there may be less baddies then we thought, though that may all change upon the night actions. If Bek did know another, then the link is broken and it's back to 50%. I'm thinking though that it was coincidental about the push on Cronin, but I do think there may be a baddie in that block vote.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #1393
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Anxiety, Schmidty, Tanglewood, kingfc22 and Qwikshot -- I'm calling you guys out. I just want to know what's your thought process so far -- you guys have all been quiet for one reason or another.

Just for my own purposes, here are how I perceive everyone's activity so far in the thread:

Crazy Active:
Barkeep (215)

Very Active:
dubb93 (77)
Chubby (79)
SnDvls (87)
Alan T (99)
saldana (98)

Somewhat Active:
Tyrith (59)
Passacaglia (48)
path (36)
bulletsponge (47)
Blade (83)
Vince (56)
Coffee Warlord (55)
Lathum (23)

Not Very Active:
Anxiety (58)
Schmidty (24)
Tanglewood (20)
Qwikshot (21)
kingfc22 (27)

The number in parenthesis is their actual post count in the thread, which I looked up AFTER I grouped them. Seems like I missed on Anxiety and Lathum, and that Blade has been a bit more active than I thought. I guess this would be better labeled as "content participation;" I don't remember Anxiety posting much about strategy or thoughts, so that's why I put him on the "Not Very Active" list. That being said, I'd still like to hear from everyone on the "Not Very Active" list, and I guess from Lathum too -- though I didn't realize that he was so quiet thus far.

While I have been less involved I'm always pretty calm, in fact, anytime I've taken point in games and begun to intiate discussion I get whacked, still I think I have brought some discussion to the table...I don't have any real points. path is good, and our soothslayer, Dubb is good, and if he's good, then Sun is good....that's a good chunk. I'm leaning towards trusting Coffee and Tyrinth, but I'm not sold yet.

Of course, I have nothing to go on that, since all my assumptions in prior games have shown me to have no logical Spock-like genius...I'm going on nothing here.

I do believe that path cannot be evil, and that he is the pharoah (because he got the artifacts from cronin -- if he was bluffing-- the artifacts wouldn't have gone to him)

I do believe there is an EG, but I'm not asking for a reveal.

I do believe there is a seer, and perhaps an evil seer.

Cronin was the explorer. (hindsight 20/20)

Bek was a baddie. (hindsight 20/20)

That's all I got for now...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 06-22-2006 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:42 AM   #1394
Vince
Pro Starter

Sounds good -- again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I just want to hear from the people that I don't remember much from. And it could also be my faulty memory...we're already at almost 1,400 posts.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:19 AM   #1395
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can all but gurantee we have a necro in there. Its a big list, but i think we had 1-2 on there.

In a group that size I would have to believe you are right about a bad guy being in there. However I still stand by my reasons for the cronin lynch. I don't think it was as simple as saving Bek. If you look back at my time table, it feels alot more like setting Cronin up than anything else.

If I had to guess, I would think Cronin would be a far more likely scan subject than Bek would be by the bad guys. And we already know any bad guy who scanned Cronin would have found that he was out of his house at night. This would mean one of only a few possible roles including some that would be important to kill off. If they were to feel Cronin was the EG they could not have killed him at night easily I dont think so staging a day kill would be a better strategy especially considering his arguing.

I just think looking back at it, that its far more likely they went after Cronin based on what they knew about Cronin than what they knew about Bek. I could be very wrong on that though. But I do agree a group that size had to have a bad guy in it.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #1396
Blade6119
Coordinator

Qwikshot, do no edit posts...you know better then that
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #1397
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot

I do believe that path cannot be evil, and that he is the pharoah (because he got the artifacts from cronin -- if he was bluffing-- the artifacts wouldn't have gone to him)

People keep bringing this up that they believe Path is not lying about being the pharoah....

I keep saying this but folks keep not listening! Hoops said Path was the Pharoah to start the game. That much is fact!

Now we can debate on whether or not he is good, most people feel he is good, but others feel there is a chance he could be bad. Thats what is to debate about him.. but hoops already called him the pharoah!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:35 AM   #1398
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Damn I didn't even recall doing that? Must be because it was like a 6:30 in the morning...
Old 06-22-2006, 07:37 AM   #1399
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Dude relax, it was for a typo, I did an instant reaction to it...just like if you had typed "do not" instead of "do no"

Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 AM   #1400
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Dude relax, it was for a typo, I did an instant reaction to it...just like if you had typed "do not" instead of "do no"

Yeah I'm ok with a 1 minute leeway for edits, especially at 5:35 in the morning.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote