Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2014, 01:13 AM   #13851
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

How the hell has linux sux so bad the past 30 years that windows looks better for most users?
Old 11-19-2014, 02:43 AM   #13852
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Why is Tombstone held in such regard by people? Yes Kilmer is great but otherwise this movie is a melodramatic piece of shit.

I'M COMING AND HELL'S COMING WITH ME!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #13853
Blackadar
Retired

This is how I feel when I get home from a business trip.

Last edited by Blackadar : 11-20-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #13854
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

YES!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #13855
sabotai
General Manager

Went to the doctor about a week ago for back and joint pain. Although she wasn't quite this blunt, it was pretty much the vibe I was getting the whole time I was there.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #13856
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Folks who design web pages with multiple, nested, auto-playing videos should be put before a firing squad. For awhile it seemed we all agreed that was a horrible thing to do, and you rarely saw any videos auto-playing....now it's back, and god forbid you open multiple tabs before making sure there's not a fifth hidden video, 3/4 of the way down each page's sidebar, all of which start blaring at you at the same time.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #13857
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I was watching Reefer Madness on Rifftrax.

Inside the movie a federal agent says there was little he could do about marijuana because there was little interstate commerce in the stuff.

Oh if only the federal government recognized such restraint these days.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #13858
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So the electrical in my house is weird. The lamp/ ceiling fan light in out bedroom goes out, usually in about 20 minutes. I have tried using lower wattage bulbs to no avail. The same thing happens to one of the lights in the garage, it is a 2 car garage and the other light never has problems.Been happening a few months now. Our house is a new construction, about 2 years old.

The old house that was on the lot was torn down, and we sometimes joke that our house is haunted and that is whey that happens. So I finally have an electrician coming to look at them today, and they both have been working going on 2 hours now. I am a little freaked out by this.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #13859
Suicane75
Coordinator

Don't worry, it's probably just apparitions that don't want you to see them coming.

Had some mouse activity start a couple weeks ago. No biggie, I live in the country, mouses are gonna happen. 2 Weeks later and countless packages of D-Con later, and I'm starting to get freaked out.

I'll trade you my mice for your ghosts.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:46 AM   #13860
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Did people used to smoke in church? Maybe not every denomination, but surely this was a thing, right?

Last edited by stevew : 11-23-2014 at 05:41 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #13861
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So the light was on for 3 hours last night and been on for over an hour this morning. Electrition couldn't make it yesterday. Coming today.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #13862
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

If he no shows today post up we can e troubleshoot it.
There are very few options there to cause that.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #13863
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
If he no shows today post up we can e troubleshoot it.
There are very few options there to cause that.

Will do, I really hope he finds something wrong, because I will be a little freaked if he doesn't.

As of 5 minutes ago both lights have been on for about 3 hours.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #13864
korme
Go Reds

franks red hot and chapped lips do not make a good combination
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #13865
SteveMax58
College Starter

Was browsing thru craigslist and came across some awesomeness.

Quote:
The car is white with black interior, never been smoked in, never seen salt or snow as it remains in the garage all winter. This is absolutely the nicest SL in the State of America, and fully loaded. Serious inquires only!
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #13866
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Will do, I really hope he finds something wrong, because I will be a little freaked if he doesn't.

As of 5 minutes ago both lights have been on for about 3 hours.

Curious if electrician showed up and what he found.
Since I dont do this shit hands on anymore and trouble shooting was a major thrill of mine...I jones for a chance to solve a mystery
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #13867
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Curious if electrician showed up and what he found.
Since I dont do this shit hands on anymore and trouble shooting was a major thrill of mine...I jones for a chance to solve a mystery

He id. The one in the garage had a cracked fixture and was crackling,so he replaced the fixture.

The bedroom fan he didn't find anything. He said the fan was pretty much a generic POS the builder used and likely is just bad. Or the house is haunted.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #13868
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I sent in my materials to be considered for a promotion to be a principal yesterday. I think I would do a really good job, am proud of the materials I put together, but also feel completely inadequate.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #13869
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I sent in my materials to be considered for a promotion to be a principal yesterday. I think I would do a really good job, am proud of the materials I put together, but also feel completely inadequate.

Cool - good luck!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #13870
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nothing like having a few nips of Balvenie Doublewood in the office while we pass the time till we leave.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #13871
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So far disappointed with the Macy's parade. We have seen one float and 4 Broadway songs. The first one saying hell repeatedly. Awesome family entertainment. Is this a parade or a cabaret?
Old 11-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #13872
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So far disappointed with the Macy's parade. We have seen one float and 4 Broadway songs. The first one saying hell repeatedly. Awesome family entertainment. Is this a parade or a cabaret?

I've never really considered those broadcasts "for the kids". I've known very very few that would a) get up to watch them and b) didn't get bored with them within 5 minutes.

At most, you get a run-in for some specific something.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-27-2014 at 09:01 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #13873
molson
General Manager

I ordered these expensive dog dental chews from Amazon and got a toddler pullover instead. I mean, that's not even close. It was through a 3rd party retailer, that in retrospect, looks a little inept. Amazon though, refunded my money about 5 minutes after I sent the email. And I don't have to return the toddler pullover. Hooray? (I don't have children....but I'll donate it somewhere).

Last edited by molson : 12-03-2014 at 05:32 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #13874
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Have you ever read how large internet fulfillment centers (warehouses) work? It's entirely possible that the same bin had dog dental chews and toddler pullovers and the picker grabbed the wrong one.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #13875
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

WARNING: THIS IS VERY RANDOM AND IS ON A TOPIC SOME GUYS FIND UNCOMFORTABLE. DEAL WITH IT

I was listening to a podcast today and they had a discussion how one of the hosts may have a vasectomy soon. The other host said that there was an up side to a vasectomy, that you have to take care of business a lot afterwards (whether alone or in a more fun way) to make sure that all the swimmers are dead/gone.

Now, in honesty, I don't know exactly how they do a vasectomy, and it's not something I'm going to Google. And I can't remember what I learned in biology about the lifespan of a sperm. I seem to think it's relatively short.

So the rationale seems...suspect to me. Is this just something dudes tell eachother/themselves to make them feel better about having a vasectomy? Or is it true?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #13876
PilotMan
Head Coach

Honestly I don't think there is much to feel bad about with a vasectomy. I mean I haven't had one, but the upside of not having to worry about any more little pilots running around keeps the prospect of getting one much more likely. For single guys who have already had kids or know they won't have any more, knowing you are firing blanks has to have a huge benefit.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #13877
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm getting one in the near future, I'll keep you all posted.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #13878
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
WARNING: THIS IS VERY RANDOM AND IS ON A TOPIC SOME GUYS FIND UNCOMFORTABLE. DEAL WITH IT

I was listening to a podcast today and they had a discussion how one of the hosts may have a vasectomy soon. The other host said that there was an up side to a vasectomy, that you have to take care of business a lot afterwards (whether alone or in a more fun way) to make sure that all the swimmers are dead/gone.

Now, in honesty, I don't know exactly how they do a vasectomy, and it's not something I'm going to Google. And I can't remember what I learned in biology about the lifespan of a sperm. I seem to think it's relatively short.

So the rationale seems...suspect to me. Is this just something dudes tell eachother/themselves to make them feel better about having a vasectomy? Or is it true?

/tk

The short lifespan you're thinking of is how long sperm survives once it's out in the wild, so to speak. It does take longer to ensure that the patient is indeed firing blanks.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #13879
cuervo72
Head Coach

Magary: The Amazing True Story Of My Exploding Balls

Last edited by cuervo72 : 12-04-2014 at 06:47 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #13880
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

And yet, in every description/discussion of vasectomy I read, I never read anything about being "required" or even "encouraged" to let any residual swimmers go. Though that guy's experience sounds awful. Not as awful as some of the things I've had to go through even WITHOUT ever having kids, but...definitely unfun.

/tk
Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #13881
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
The short lifespan you're thinking of is how long sperm survives once it's out in the wild, so to speak. It does take longer to ensure that the patient is indeed firing blanks.

Yeah, I realize that, but it's not like a woman who's born with all her eggs or anything. But apparently the story above said 8 weeks...seems like a reasonable amount of time.

/tk
Old 12-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #13882
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Never worrying about having kids again makes any normal amount pain worth it.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #13883
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't do drugs or even drink very often, but both may be required to get thru this Peter Pan Live show.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #13884
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I don't do drugs or even drink very often, but both may be required to get thru this Peter Pan Live show.

Here is a rare picture of stevew in his livingroom as he watches TV.

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #13885
cuervo72
Head Coach

Randomly looked up a girl on FB that had asked me to the prom. In retrospect, she was heavy (and looks to still be) but probably fairly cuter than I'd have given her credit for.

(I didn't really know her, so going with her would have been a little awkward in any event.)
Old 12-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #13886
Dutch
"Dutch"

Stalker! Not entirely accurate, but it reminds me of that old country song, "Unanswered prayers".
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #13887
cuervo72
Head Coach

Heh. It's boredom mixed with the occasional "wonder what happened to THAT person." I've seen a couple of alerts for "X has friended Y" where I'd totally forgotten about Y, usually sparks a trip down the FB rabbit hole.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #13888
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was engaged to a girl about 15 years ago ( wow I feel old) and I try and look her up occasionally but she has the same name as a celebrity so it is virtually impossible.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #13889
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was engaged to a girl about 15 years ago ( wow I feel old) and I try and look her up occasionally but she has the same name as a celebrity so it is virtually impossible.

You mean saldana? Or you were engaged 3x?
Old 12-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #13890
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

He means saldana. Ever since "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Avatar," Zoe Saldana is EVERYWHERE.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 12-05-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #13891
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Glad that never gets old.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #13892
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Glad that never gets old.

Sometimes ya gotta resurrect the classics.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #13893
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
He means saldana. Ever since "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Avatar," Zoe Saldana is EVERYWHERE.

You complainin'?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #13894
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You complainin'?

Not at all. I am just sympathizing with/explaining Lathum's troubles when trying to google "zoe saldana" to see what his former fiance is up to.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #13895
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Here is a rare picture of stevew in his livingroom as he watches TV.

Slightly accurate but I'd have at least 2 dogs on my lap. Was hoping it would be more awful, instead it was bboring. Walken was uninspired, and AWill and whomever played the female lead couldn't save it. They tried hard.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #13896
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I tried to look up someone the other day but sadly a lot of white girls have common white girl names. My suggestion would be to try to look for a more uniquely named friend of hers and hit it from that angle.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #13897
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, I once googled a girl from kindergarten (tecnichally my first GF but I don't think it really counts).

She shares a name with a renowned female bodybuilder. Quickly gave up on that search
Old 12-09-2014, 04:50 AM   #13898
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really feel like you need to have at least at least a few upper level econ classes to understand the plot of It's A Wonderful Life. Yes I get that Drew Barrymore's great uncle is a helluva douchebag 1%er but all the cash calls and bank runs really make no sense at all when looking at it thru a 201X understanding of how bank policies work today.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #13899
Easy Mac

Just bought a 24" TV from Best Buy for $50.83 out the door.

Open box (one dead pixel). Tried to order online twice and it was canceled due to not being in stock. Went in to Best Buy today (reason below) and decided to see if it was really not there. Looked for a few minutes in their open box section and didn't see it. Maybe they were telling the truth. Decided to walk around the TV area, ended up finding it near the smaller TVs. It was in a re-taped box, tucked amongst other TVs. I think their checker looked around their open box section when I ordered it online and assumed they didn't have it.

In a somewhat ironic turn, I was in best buy to return a recently purchased Kindle Fire HD7 due to it having one dead pixel. Since it was brand new, I wasn't going to put up with a dead pixel (as opposed to one on an open box 24" TV).

Tried to return it on Saturday. The website said they had some in stock, but after being told to look around the store and grab one, I couldn't find one. Was told they must not have them in stock and to come back Monday when new stock comes.

Came back today. Same deal, nothing on the floor. Walked around and asked someone working there why it says it is in stock if there are none in stock. He told me they have them, they are just hidden so people don't walk off with them. Was able to get it exchanged, finally. I'm just mad I wasted a trip when they clearly were in stock on Saturday.

That being said, after using their trade-in program, I only paid $16 for the new kindle.

So a 24" TV and a Kindle Fire HD7 for $66 isn't a bad day.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #13900
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Just bought a 24" TV from Best Buy for $50.83 out the door.

Open box (one dead pixel). Tried to order online twice and it was canceled due to not being in stock. Went in to Best Buy today (reason below) and decided to see if it was really not there. Looked for a few minutes in their open box section and didn't see it. Maybe they were telling the truth. Decided to walk around the TV area, ended up finding it near the smaller TVs. It was in a re-taped box, tucked amongst other TVs. I think their checker looked around their open box section when I ordered it online and assumed they didn't have it.

In a somewhat ironic turn, I was in best buy to return a recently purchased Kindle Fire HD7 due to it having one dead pixel. Since it was brand new, I wasn't going to put up with a dead pixel (as opposed to one on an open box 24" TV).

Tried to return it on Saturday. The website said they had some in stock, but after being told to look around the store and grab one, I couldn't find one. Was told they must not have them in stock and to come back Monday when new stock comes.

Came back today. Same deal, nothing on the floor. Walked around and asked someone working there why it says it is in stock if there are none in stock. He told me they have them, they are just hidden so people don't walk off with them. Was able to get it exchanged, finally. I'm just mad I wasted a trip when they clearly were in stock on Saturday.

That being said, after using their trade-in program, I only paid $16 for the new kindle.

So a 24" TV and a Kindle Fire HD7 for $66 isn't a bad day.

$67! Gotta round up! (lol good deal)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote