Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #13501
Drake
assmaster

Damn, man. If Critch catches you leaving Proclaimers references right out in the open where anyone can trip over them, he's going to gut you, turn you inside out, and make a haggis out of you.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #13502
Drake
assmaster

For the record, I've never understood Critch's animus against the Proclaimers. You'd think he'd be proud of the only popular entertainment product to come out of Scotland in the last 1000 years besides Mel Gibson.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #13503
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
If only Trump and the Republicans had enough people in place to outvote the Dems for all the brilliant plans they no doubt have for every pressing and non-pressing issue. Things will change after this elections! Down with Mexicans!!!!

Think you are missing the Hondurans, Guatemalans and Salvadorans.

TBF, don't remember Obama doing too much either.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #13504
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Obama didn't campaign on it. And he didn't endlessly complain about it and act like there is nothing he can do to stop it.

They can pass what they want. Had no problem getting that tax for the rich and corporations through. Should be able to muster up the same energy to something that is supposedly important to his voters.

Fact is that they don't want to seal up the borders. Big business would be hurt and they call the shots in this country. It's now just used to stir up racial division and scare old people into voting for them. Then they'll continue to do nothing and bring up the same scare tactics in 2 years.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #13505
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

It would be good if we came up with a holistic immigration reform plan.

We've had that a few times going back to Bush2, but the far right doesn't want an immigration compromise, so it doesn't happen. Right now there's a majority for something similar to what Bush wanted, but the far right will throw a fit if it's considered and make sure it never reaches the floor of the House or Senate.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:34 AM   #13506
Thomkal
Head Coach

So not only were explosive devices found at Democratic donor George Soros house yesterday, but also in the Clintons and Obama's mail:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/n...tons-mail.html
Old 10-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #13507
bronconick
College Starter

But remember, shouting at people in restaurants is the height of incivility.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #13508
PilotMan
Head Coach

god what I wouldn't give for the pee tape right now. It's like a dream that you remember, but is just out of reach from being able to repeat.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #13509
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
god what I wouldn't give for the pee tape right now. It's like a dream that you remember, but is just out of reach from being able to repeat.

I'll be happy with a deeper dive into his financial history.

What's the deal with that and lack of MSM reporting? Is it wait till after the mid-terms or after Mueller's findings?
Old 10-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #13510
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I really want to avoid jumping on the bandwagon of bashing the right for this, because there are radicals on both sides. That being said it’s hard to not believe Trumps rhetoric didn’t embolden whomever did this. Not that it matters to his base. They will just buy in to the conspiracy that this was a set up to help the blue wave before the election.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #13511
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where do we have tariffs? We don't have tariffs anywhere.

Man, there is nothing Trump won't lie about.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #13512
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The cops just closed down access to the entire block where CNN is located.

Lots of stuff going on this morning.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #13513
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

These are horrific times we live in.

It blows my mind there are smart people who refuse to connect the dots that this divide began when Trump took over.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #13514
molson
General Manager

These dummies think Obama, Clinton, and Soros just get all excited when a package comes and open it themselves.

Last edited by molson : 10-24-2018 at 10:20 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #13515
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
These are horrific times we live in.

It blows my mind there are smart people who refuse to connect the dots that this divide began when Trump took over.

This divide predates Trump. Do you think we were all living in harmony before then?
Old 10-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #13516
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
This divide predates Trump. Do you think we were all living in harmony before then?

I agree with you but Trump has taken it up 2+ notches.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #13517
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
These dummies think Obama, Clinton, and Soros just get all excited when a package comes and open it themselves.

This confuses me as well. If the bomber did any sort of research s/he would know that packages sent to former presidents get screened. I thought this was common knowledge.

Now CNN is being evacuated. I was watching it at the time and they had the fire alarm go off while they were interviewing someone about the packages sent to Obama and Clinton. Initially the interviewer was dismissive of the alarm.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #13518
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Did you just move to the country two years ago? Of course there has always been a divide, but if you dont notice a difference in the last two years not sure what to tell you. Perhaps my post should have been more clear.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #13519
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

CNN in NYC got a suspicious package as well.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #13520
CraigSca
Pro Starter

One sent to the White House as well...

(never mind - now CNN is reporting that there wasn't)
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 10-24-2018 at 09:46 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #13521
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you just move to the country two years ago? Of course there has always been a divide, but if you dont notice a difference in the last two years not sure what to tell you. Perhaps my post should have been more clear.

Exactly. It's been ramped up to multiple times what it was before. The hatred for journalists, for one, has never been this bad in my lifetime.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #13522
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Exactly. It's been ramped up to multiple times what it was before. The hatred for journalists, for one, has never been this bad in my lifetime.

Because we have never had a president who outright violates the first amendment the way trump does.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-24-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #13523
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

CBS is saying that a package may have been mailed to former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Old 10-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #13524
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
I'll be happy with a deeper dive into his financial history.

What's the deal with that and lack of MSM reporting? Is it wait till after the mid-terms or after Mueller's findings?

If only there had been a massive special edition of a major city newspaper published in the last month on the Trump family financial history. Oh wait.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #13525
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if these attacks will galvanize democrats to get the vote out next month.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #13526
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
CBS is saying that a package may have been mailed to former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz

That or it was returned to that office since that was the address listed on the mailings to Obama and Clinton
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #13527
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Because we have never had a president who outright violates the first amendment the way trump does.

Assume you are referring to Freedom of Speech/Press?

Because of him parroting "Fake News" and his attacks on MSM (excluding Fox) all the time? TBH, I don't see it rising to level of violating.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #13528
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I wonder if these attacks will galvanize democrats to get the vote out next month.

If the Dems weren't already galvanized to vote next month, this probably wouldn't add much.

FWIW, I've decide to vote Dem all the way down this year. Don't think it'll make much of a difference in GA though. It's really nothing to do with policies etc., its got everything to do with Trump the person.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #13529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Because of him parroting "Fake News" and his attacks on MSM (excluding Fox) all the time? TBH, I don't see it rising to level of violating.

How about him saying nfl teams should cut anyone who protests the anthem? You don’t think that violates the first amendment?
Old 10-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #13530
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

San Diego Union-Tribune staff, others evacuate after suspicious package spotted - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Apparently they share the same office building as Kamala Harris

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-24-2018 at 11:34 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #13531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If the Dems weren't already galvanized to vote next month, this probably wouldn't add much.

FWIW, I've decide to vote Dem all the way down this year. Don't think it'll make much of a difference in GA though. It's really nothing to do with policies etc., its got everything to do with Trump the person.

I don’t think it matters anywhere. The silent majority is real and will be out November 6th.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #13532
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
That or it was returned to that office since that was the address listed on the mailings to Obama and Clinton

I think I just heard that only the George Soros package had a DWS return address.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #13533
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
How about him saying nfl teams should cut anyone who protests the anthem? You don’t think that violates the first amendment?

Probably, not sure how any court would rule on it (e.g. does Trump constant BS, lies, exaggerations, bravado etc. come into play?). In a big scheme of things, that incident is relatively small.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #13534
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Probably, not sure how any court would rule on it (e.g. does Trump constant BS, lies, exaggerations, bravado etc. come into play?). In a big scheme of things, that incident is relatively small.

Got it.

Only a small violation of the first amendment so let’s forget it. It’s not like there is a pattern of him suggesting violence against the media or protesters. 🙄
Old 10-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #13535
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Unless Trump is threatening to use the government to punish teams that don't cut kneelers (or target the kneelers themselves), it doesn't violate the first amendment.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-24-2018 at 11:56 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #13536
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Ordering that or threatening government sanctions of some kind would, stating his opinion about what NFL teams should do wouldn't.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #13537
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

We're pretty close to Trump defenders just saying out loud, "Look, you can't hold him accountable for the stuff he says. He's too ignorant to know what he's saying."
Old 10-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #13538
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Dola: (I've *almost* gotten one of my can't-stand-trump-but-voted-for-him-because-supreme-court buddies to say it. Working on him. )
Old 10-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #13539
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Unless Trump is threatening to use the government to punish teams that don't cut kneelers (or target the kneelers themselves), it doesn't violate the first amendment.

I understand the first amendment but if you don’t think he goes the line we can agree to disagree.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #13540
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Only a small violation of the first amendment so let’s forget it. It’s not like there is a pattern of him suggesting violence against the media or protesters. ��

That is a better example than the NFL protests. I can see that.

This brings up the question, is how Obama treated Wiki leaks a violation (or a threat to) also?

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-24-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #13541
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That is a better example than the NFL protests. I can see that.

It’s all a pattern and goes back to my original point of never having a president who acts this way.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #13542
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

New York governor Cuomo is saying that a suspicious package was sent to his office.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #13543
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Coincidentally I am prepping a lecture on the Palmer Raids:

At the end of April, some 30 Galleanist letter bombs had been mailed to a host of individuals, mostly prominent government officials and businessmen, but also law enforcement officials.[2]

Only a few reached their targets, and not all exploded when opened. Some people suffered injuries, including a housekeeper in Senator Thomas W. Hardwick's residence, who had her hands blown off.[2] On June 2, 1919, a second wave of bombings occurred, when several much larger package bombs were detonated by Galleanists in eight American cities, including one that damaged the home of Attorney General A. Mitchell Palmer in Washington, D.C.[2]

At least one person was killed in this second attack, night watchman William Boehner, and fears were raised because it occurred in the capital.[2][3][4] Flyers declaring war on capitalists in the name of anarchist principles accompanied each bomb.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #13544
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Greg Gianforte assaulted a reporter in Montana. Pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault.

When he won a special election for his House seat in the aftermath, Trump hailed it as a "great win for Montana."

Rallying on behalf of Gianforte last week, he said "any guy who can do a bodyslam, that's my kind of guy."

Nowhere, in any of that, did he so much as utter the words "Greg should not have done that."

Nah. He bodyslammed a reporter, so it's fine. It's fine. We're all fine, here. How are you?

The news media is all "fake news" unless it's Fox and Friends, so who cares about a piddly thing like whether or not your tacit acceptance of - and public embrace of - violence against the press undermines the First Amendment? If they were REAL journalists, they'd be fellating Trump on Fox, amirite?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #13545
Kodos
Resident Alien

Rough day on the stock market. Thanks, Obama!
Old 10-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #13546
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Greg Gianforte assaulted a reporter in Montana. Pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault.

When he won a special election for his House seat in the aftermath, Trump hailed it as a "great win for Montana."

Rallying on behalf of Gianforte last week, he said "any guy who can do a bodyslam, that's my kind of guy."

Nowhere, in any of that, did he so much as utter the words "Greg should not have done that."

Nah. He bodyslammed a reporter, so it's fine. It's fine. We're all fine, here. How are you?

The news media is all "fake news" unless it's Fox and Friends, so who cares about a piddly thing like whether or not your tacit acceptance of - and public embrace of - violence against the press undermines the First Amendment? If they were REAL journalists, they'd be fellating Trump on Fox, amirite?

So you are saying this incident violated the first amendment?

I'll ask the same question as above, is how Obama handled Wikileaks a violation (or threat to)?

TBH, I don't really know. That's the example that I can think of that (may) rises to the level of freedom of press.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-24-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:11 PM   #13547
Thomkal
Head Coach

Add Maxine Waters to the list of people who got packages
Old 10-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #13548
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Markets erased all the gains they made this year.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #13549
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Markets erased all the gains they made this year.

Obviously this is due to Obama, Soros and the Clintons being in the news headlines today. Those a-holes.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #13550
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Obviously this is due to Obama, Soros and the Clintons being in the news headlines today. Those a-holes.

You joke, but Kudlow has already said the problem is that investors fear a Democratic House.