Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #1301
wade moore
lolzcat

Let's face it.

This game is not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #1302
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
right now i'm in the middle of a sticky situation. once again i had a player not getting PT (i was guaranteed to be the starter and then got demoted because "my player's build wasn't good enough"), so i got the team to trade my CB to another team, where i got put even lower on the depth chart. owner said there's nothing i can do cuz i signed a 3 year deal. i told him i wouldn't use any skill points to increase my CB's ratings, i've stopped training and i have my ratings set to everyone can see, plus i took it one step further and i sent the other team the gameplan for the upcoming game (which my team lost 33-0). that still isn't enough to get him to release me. i make as much as the starting CB, i told him he's wasting his money on my guy cuz i won't ever improve him. i even sold all my player's equipment so his ratings are even worse than when i was traded to the team.

I really wish we could have kept you on our team.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #1303
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Let's face it.

This game is not good.

i concur. i'm waiting for Deeproute to not be so friggin difficult. that's more of the game i'm looking for. sounds like the devs are looking to simplify the gameplanning process so i'm excited to hear that. woo.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #1304
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Players that holdout in professional football are ass whites... What does that make players that want to hold out in a video game?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 AM   #1305
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i concur. i'm waiting for Deeproute to not be so friggin difficult. that's more of the game i'm looking for. sounds like the devs are looking to simplify the gameplanning process so i'm excited to hear that. woo.

yup.

GLB is a great money maker. It's an intriguing social experiment to an extent. It may even be a semi-interesting MMORPG.

However, it is not a good football game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #1306
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I really wish we could have kept you on our team.

I have to say, he probably would have been happier, but he didn't want to move up the ladder which would have happened quickly.

Our leader at INT's on the team is our #3 CB, #3 and #4 get in as much time as the starters do as well.

I feel for the situation he is in, but I have to say, he put himself there.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #1307
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I have really started to lose interest. The fact that you can boost and still be on the losing end (by doing it too early) and a myriad of other things (in particular, discovering DeepRoute) have sapped most of my enjoyment.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #1308
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I have to say, he probably would have been happier, but he didn't want to move up the ladder which would have happened quickly.

Our leader at INT's on the team is our #3 CB, #3 and #4 get in as much time as the starters do as well.

I feel for the situation he is in, but I have to say, he put himself there.

it's quite all right, if we were restricted to just one player it'd be worse and i'd have simply have moved on from GLB. fortunately i have another player - a QB who starts - who i focus on.

i told the owner he'd have the upper hand if i only had that one CB, but since i don't and it's easy for me to completely disregard the player (and thus, not improve him even though he has a high salary) the owner was just wasting his time and money keeping him on the team.

but in real life both sides have some power. in GLB only the owners do. if a guy like TO wants to get off the Eagles - he gets off the team. or if Tampa Bay doesn't feel like Keyshawn is worth the problems, they suspend him from the team. too one-sided.

i also told the owner that me trying to find new ways to sabotage my player (and the team) was providing me with more entertainment than the game itself. i've since been banned from the team forum, so i'm trying other ways to get a hold of the gameplan to send to opposing teams. i can be a persistent S.O.B. when i want to.

and creative.

Last edited by Anthony : 05-28-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #1309
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

You can ban someone from the forum without cutting them? That is super lame.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #1310
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I would actually complain to the admins about that. If they don't want you involved in the team, they should cut you.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #1311
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hmmm. I have a third-string QB who has never taken a snap. Yet somehow I have resisted the urge to become a total pain in the ass for my owner.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #1312
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I would actually complain to the admins about that. If they don't want you involved in the team, they should cut you.

Exactly, and after looking, he is not even on the depth chart. They have a CPU player on there, but no HA...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #1313
Kodos
Resident Alien

http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=2799

I wonder how much real money this guy has spent on the game.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #1314
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Well, looks like around 42,700 in flex points and given that the 50,000 package is $275.00.. I'd say alot. (his custom equip alone is about 27,000)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #1315
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just don't get how someone gets a sense of accomplishment from basically buying the "success". It's really a game of who can spend the most. Which is why I decided not to spend anything after my initial $16 investment.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #1316
MikeVic
Head Coach

What if the creators have some plants. You know, guys that are given free flex points to give the illusion of a lot of people paying money for this?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #1317
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Maybe, but I doubt it. I fully believe people would spend $300 to attempt to be the best team.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #1318
Subby
lolzcat

There seems to be some strategy in how you build your player, so that's at least mildly interesting.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #1319
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

it sucks. my CB has 10 skill points, and i stated i refuse to use those skill points to improve the player until he's off the team. the guy is just being a prick to spite me. so outside of not training my player so he doesn't get XP and not using skill points to improve him - there's nothing i/the player can do. point being there's little a player can do other than complain, whereas a real life player has some options at his disposal.

they can make it you can only hold out once per season, and for every game you miss you don't aquire any XP, can't boost your player and maybe lose .5 in various ratings (to simulate a player losing his "stuff" being out of action for so long).

one of the starting CBs on the team is a lvl 18 making $64K per year. my CB is lvl 11 making $63K per year. i told the owner it doesn't make financial sense to keep pumping money to my CB since i'm not going to improve him. if i was making a cheap salary i'd be out of luck, but he's only shooting himself in his foot, cutting off his arm to spite his hand. oh well. just a game.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #1320
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I would say that you a being a prick to spite him, but that doesn't negate the fact that an owner should not be able to lock a player out of the forum.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #1321
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
I just don't get how someone gets a sense of accomplishment from basically buying the "success". It's really a game of who can spend the most. Which is why I decided not to spend anything after my initial $16 investment.

i'm agree.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #1322
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What if the creators have some plants. You know, guys that are given free flex points to give the illusion of a lot of people paying money for this?

i don't doubt that - you give someone mega flex points, he makes an uber player that all other super competitive people want to beat or keep up with to be just as competitive. that's actually a great strategy from a business standpoint. creating the appearing of high demand.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #1323
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
that doesn't negate the fact that an owner should not be able to lock a player out of the forum.

I've cut off 1 or 2 guys from the forum before while I was working out trades with their players because they were acting like total asshats to everyone. Granted, it would have been easier to cut them, but I was trying to get something in return and not leave a gaping hole at a position. Most guys are gone within a few days anyways once they want out.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #1324
Subby
lolzcat

Locking a guy out of the forum is a completely valid strategy. It's akin to suspending a player from the team for detrimental conduct.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #1325
Anthony
Banned

he should be locking me out, cuz i fully intend on copying and pasting the gameplan for the upcoming games and send them to the opposing team. he locked me out cuz i told him what i did. i don't know what else to do to entice him to get me off the team. i've taken to PMing the players listed as "inactive" who may not be aware of what's going on to send me the gameplan.

after a while this will get old and i'll simply stop playing the game.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #1326
Subby
lolzcat

Hard to predict this happening to you, in any event.

Last edited by Subby : 05-28-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #1327
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

OK, then HA is just being a prick to spite his owner.

Last edited by lordscarlet : 05-28-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #1328
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Bah. http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=68894

One team, 63 players. He did not start until the period between Season 1 and Season 2, so he's boosted all his players the max that he could.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #1329
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Tons of guys must do that...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=19423
Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #1330
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
I just don't get how someone gets a sense of accomplishment from basically buying the "success". It's really a game of who can spend the most.

Must be the same sense of satisfaction fans of the New York Yankees get.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #1331
Kodos
Resident Alien

On the other hand, I get a lot of satisfaction when the Yankees outspend everyone and still lose.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #1332
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
There seems to be some strategy in how you build your player, so that's at least mildly interesting.

Agreed. I'm most interested in the strategy of player builds and what makes a player good at each position.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #1333
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
On the other hand, I get a lot of satisfaction when the Yankees outspend everyone and still lose.

Amen, brother.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #1334
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Bernard Blaze goes yard again: http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=4566550

As for the complaints about buying success, I don't quite agree. You can only buy an increase of 3 levels per season, which I think is a reasonable limit.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #1335
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yes, but that is a huge advantage over people who don't buy increases, especially over multiple seasons. Basically, the only way to stay competitive is to keep ponying up the dough. Which is a great situation for the programmers, but not so much for the players.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #1336
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I'm starting to think that HA has become a caricature of himself.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 AM   #1337
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
he should be locking me out, cuz i fully intend on copying and pasting the gameplan for the upcoming games and send them to the opposing team. he locked me out cuz i told him what i did. i don't know what else to do to entice him to get me off the team. i've taken to PMing the players listed as "inactive" who may not be aware of what's going on to send me the gameplan.

after a while this will get old and i'll simply stop playing the game.

All because you're not starting? I would do the same if I were the owner. You'd be inactive for however long your contract was for.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #1338
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Looks like my wr will be looking for a new team come next season.
Brian Butts level 14 almost 15 speed wr(Contract expires season 3 day 7)
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #1339
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
All because you're not starting? I would do the same if I were the owner. You'd be inactive for however long your contract was for.

again, this isn't accomplishing anything. we aren't restricted to one player, so i can just move on to other players. there have been players kicked off teams for being inactive, there's no reason to keep a guy you know is actively trying to sabotage the team. my player maker too much money, so he's just sinking his money into a CB who will never increase his ratings or XP or use his skill points - that's even less than what cpu players do. my CB's ratings haven't increased at all since i've been on the team. i've stopped training completely. my CB isn't the model candidate for someone you want to include in your building plans. get him off the team. my player's salary is simply money that is going down the drain, literally.

also, this game shows there is little incentive to accept multi-year contracts. i've learned my lesson, if i stick with the game much longer i'll only accept 1 yr deals. there isn't ever a shortage of suitors once you become a free agent. all you do is lock yourself in with no way of changing your circumstances.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #1340
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

also, this game shows there is little incentive to accept multi-year contracts. i've learned my lesson, if i stick with the game much longer i'll only accept 1 yr deals. there isn't ever a shortage of suitors once you become a free agent. all you do is lock yourself in with no way of changing your circumstances.

Particularly with no chance of injury and no decline until year 10. Around year 7 or 8 you might want to start looking at multi-year contracts.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #1341
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
again, this isn't accomplishing anything. we aren't restricted to one player, so i can just move on to other players. there have been players kicked off teams for being inactive, there's no reason to keep a guy you know is actively trying to sabotage the team. my player maker too much money, so he's just sinking his money into a CB who will never increase his ratings or XP or use his skill points - that's even less than what cpu players do. my CB's ratings haven't increased at all since i've been on the team. i've stopped training completely. my CB isn't the model candidate for someone you want to include in your building plans. get him off the team. my player's salary is simply money that is going down the drain, literally.

Other than that fact that your antics (demanding to be cut without the team getting compensation for your, giving away gameplans, refusing to train), if they result in you getting cut, will be what others use if they want off the team. It sets a bad presedent.

How about this for an idea: you do your best to help the team, even from a backup position. Or going out and trying to find a decent trade with another player for your team?

As I said, had I been the owner on your team, I would make your player an example of how NOT to get off my team.

also, this game shows there is little incentive to accept multi-year contracts. i've learned my lesson, if i stick with the game much longer i'll only accept 1 yr deals. there isn't ever a shortage of suitors once you become a free agent. all you do is lock yourself in with no way of changing your circumstances.[/quote]

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #1342
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Particularly with no chance of injury and no decline until year 10. Around year 7 or 8 you might want to start looking at multi-year contracts.

AND get a signing bonus everytime you go to a new team.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #1343
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Other than that fact that your antics (demanding to be cut without the team getting compensation for your, giving away gameplans, refusing to train), if they result in you getting cut, will be what others use if they want off the team. It sets a bad presedent.

hey sweet-tits, i PMd him requesting to be traded or released. his reply was i was on contract for 3 years and he wasn't required to do anything. that, my friend, is bad precedent. now he's in a situation where he's throwing $63K down the drain instead of filling my spot on the roster with a cheaper player, or at least someone who plan on actively improving his player. every year i'm on the team the owner can automatically waive $63K goodbye, cuz it's going nowhere. if i'm still on the team by year 3 of my deal, he will have wasted a great sum of money. everyone else on the team, provided he keeps everyone, will have have improved, and he'll have this $63K hole on the roster that still has ratings from when he was 1st on the team 3 years prior.

he may think he's winning this, but he obviously didn't do good in math or business class. if you make a bad investment that doesn't pan out, you sell and try to regroup and replenish your assets. you don't hold on to it to be spiteful, you only hurt your bottom line.

Last edited by Anthony : 05-29-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #1344
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
hey sweet-tits, i PMd him requesting to be traded or released. his reply was i was on contract for 3 years and he wasn't required to do anything. that, my friend, is bad precedent. now he's in a situation where he's throwing $63K down the drain instead of filling my spot on the roster with a cheaper player, or at least someone who plan on actively improving his player. every year i'm on the team the owner can automatically waive $63K goodbye, cuz it's going nowhere. if i'm still on the team by year 3 of my deal, he will have wasted a great sum of money. everyone else on the team, provided he keeps everyone, will have have improved, and he'll have this $63K hole on the roster that still has ratings from when he was 1st on the team 3 years prior.

he may think he's winning this, but he obviously didn't do good in math or business class. if you make a bad investment that doesn't pan out, you sell and try to regroup and replenish your assets. you don't hold on to it to be spiteful, you only hurt your bottom line.

So its good precedent to let every backup player get traded (because only the few who are not ass whites won't ask) when they send a PM?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #1345
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Looks like my wr will be looking for a new team come next season.
Brian Butts level 14 almost 15 speed wr(Contract expires season 3 day 7)

Same here. Level 16 1/2 SS. Went ahead and made my skills viewable:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=88653
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #1346
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Prolly moving Nielsen over to West Bend, if they need a WR.

They've got first dibs, since Flamebeard is there, but if not...he'll be a FA at the beginning of the year.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=67166

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 05-29-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #1347
dbd1963
High School JV

The Richmond Razorbacks, who have had a fine season this year, going 15-1, are going to need some players next season. We're looking for a 4th WR and 4th CB -- those are hard to find, but some of you may have made extra players at these positions. Right now our 4th WR has avg. 29.5 snaps per game. Our 4th CB has avg. 29.1. These guys do not have to be high level, but I'm looking for 8+ here.

We also need a SS and could use another LB - certain to get ST time with these players as well as sub time. Our current backup SS has avg. 38.5 snaps a game, so that's not too bad. If the LB is lvl 16+ he can have the starting LOLB starting spot that my own player now holds and I'll slide back to backup.

EDIT: we'll also need a DT and another WR, who would be #3, so this is a great position.

Here's a link to the team:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=81

PM Tank Basterson, JAG, or HoldenCaul at GLB if you want to talk about getting on the team.

ALSO: I'd like players that have their custom equipment if I can get them, so if there are mulitple applicants we'll probably choose based on who has the gear and the better build.

Last edited by dbd1963 : 05-30-2008 at 07:31 AM.
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #1348
MrBug708
Head Coach

It sucks, we have an FOFC owner and he seems to be inactive
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #1349
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Hard to predict this happening to you, in any event.

Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #1350
MrBug708
Head Coach

Lost our first round playoff game today
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote