Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #1301
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Is it ok to post pictures from this last episode yet? Pictures that have stuff that you may have missed? Wanted to ask before I post a picture about the episode that was already aired.

That should be perfectly fine. Anyone that hasn't seen yesterday's episode shouldn't be reading this thread until they have.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #1302
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it ok to post pictures from this last episode yet? Pictures that have stuff that you may have missed? Wanted to ask before I post a picture about the episode that was already aired.
jbmagic said it was okay since he started this thre....whoa...guess he didn't start the thread!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #1303
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Speaking of pictures, I've spent all my spare time (not too much today) trying to figure out what the picture on the wall by the weight bench is. I can't quite tell despite pausing the show there and squinting like crazy.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #1304
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Also, dunno if it's a writer's nod or an actual clue... but the guy arrived (supposedly) in a hot air balloon and is named Henry Gale.

Dorothy Gale is the famed Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz... Henry is her uncle (the other half of Auntie Em).. the Wizard left the Emerald City by hot air balloon. Just sayin'

The plot thickens: Henry Gayle!
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #1305
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

thetailsection.com has photos up on the main page. Not spoilers, just photos of things you may have missed.

SPOILER ALERT: Don't scroll any further down the page once you get to the Hieroglyphics picture. It has screenshots from the next episodes preview.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 02-17-2006 at 11:41 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #1306
Kodos
Resident Alien

Now THAT's a spoiler alert!
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #1307
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
thetailsection.com has photos up on the main page. Not spoilers, just photos of things you may have missed.

SPOILER ALERT: Don't scroll any further down the page once you get to the Hieroglyphics picture. It has screenshots from the next episodes preview.

I recommend you stop acting like such a faggot.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #1308
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I recommend you stop acting like such a faggot.
Old School reference!
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #1309
Raiders Army
Coordinator

New episode tonight. The buzz has certainly died down about this show.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #1310
rkmsuf
Head Coach

happens when a new one is on every 6 weeks and you know tonite's big revelation happens in the last 5 minutes and then it's another 6 weeks for another new episode.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #1311
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
New episode tonight. The buzz has certainly died down about this show.

The next new show after tonight is March 22
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #1312
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
The next new show after tonight is March 22

tell me you are kidding
Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #1313
Anthony
Banned

i'm actually considering for next season to just wait and rent the season 3 collection and just view all the episodes at my own leisure. there really is no incentive to follow along real-time.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #1314
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
tell me you are kidding

Shirley you can't be serious?

Yes, not til March 22nd
Old 03-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #1315
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Shirley you can't be serious?

Yes, not til March 22nd

how asshattian
Old 03-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #1316
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
how asshattian

Is that asshattian pronounced "ass-haitian" or "ass-Hatt-ee-an"
Old 03-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #1317
rkmsuf
Head Coach

ass haitian would make no sense. I have nothing against the haitain people.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #1318
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I read it as ass-hat-ee-an
Old 03-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #1319
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i'm actually considering for next season to just wait and rent the season 3 collection and just view all the episodes at my own leisure. there really is no incentive to follow along real-time.

I'm considering this route for a lot of shows nowadays.

Between the on for a week, off for four weeks-type of crap that Lost does and then, it seems most new shows that I try to watch get cancelled after 5 episodes, I figure I might as well just wait until they are out on DVD and watch at my leisure, with the knowledge that the show isn't going to get cancelled (at least until next season).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #1320
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

ok, I don't watch a ton of TV, but am I missing something here?
are there shows at there where they don't have to do reruns? The normal TV season is, what 36 weeks? Are there a lot of shows out there doing 36 episodes a year so that you don't get reruns?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #1321
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
ok, I don't watch a ton of TV, but am I missing something here?
are there shows at there where they don't have to do reruns? The normal TV season is, what 36 weeks? Are there a lot of shows out there doing 36 episodes a year so that you don't get reruns?

I don't watch a ton of non-sports TV, but it seems to me that Lost just runs an awkward pattern. They will show 1-3 new episodes and then 2-5 re-runs. Adding to the oddity, for me, is the fact that they do not show the re-runs in any kind of specific order (as far as I can tell). They may show a new episode, then a random re-run, then the two-hour pilot, then two new shows, then a re-run from early first season, then a re-run from late first season.

It is just not enjoyable to follow. Ideally, I would like to see 8-12 new episodes in a row, breaking for only large sporting events or holidays, then run some re-runs in a set order, then run another string of 8-12 new episodes, etc.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #1322
Anthony
Banned

ideally i'd like to see no re-runs.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #1323
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well.. that was okay.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #1324
Swaggs
Coordinator

::SPOILER::

Did anyone else think Mr. Echo was going to kill himself? What was his deal there anyway?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #1325
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs

Did anyone else think Mr. Echo was going to kill himself? What was his deal there anyway?

Yeah I thought he was going to do it
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #1326
Pyser
Pro Rookie

dharma theatrical glue?

these guys make everything!!!

by the by, i think the dude in captivity is the leader of the others.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #1327
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I think he's Michael, but with a whole mess of pancake makeup on
Old 03-02-2006, 05:24 AM   #1328
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Awesome episode. That was easily the best episode of Season 2 since the first couple. Good stuff!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #1329
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Yeah I thought he was going to do it
I did as well.

I really have to think that the guy in captivity isn't an other. The show is sooooooo leaning towards it, it can't be true. Either that or Pyser is right and he's the leader of the Others.

Also, I think we can conclude that Ethan was part of the group that took Walt.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #1330
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
I really have to think that the guy in captivity isn't an other. The show is sooooooo leaning towards it, it can't be true.
I agree. I think he is just trying to create a division between the established leaders, and that he isn't an "other".

What is the point of the disguises? Scare tactics?

Spoiler in invisotext:
I saw screen caps of the show on set by accident and apparently at some point they get to a point in the jungle where there IS a huge balloon stuck in the trees and they find a grave. Its either an elaborate setup or he truly isn't an other (Henry Gale).

Last edited by gottimd : 03-02-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #1331
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

Well Mr. Echo was either delivering a message to someone he thought was an other, like a subtle "I killed two of your buddies, so watch out", or it was more of a "hey, I killed two of your buddies, but please forgive me and let's all get along".

Or ... Mr Echo thinks the guy is going to die soon, and he's asking him to pass the message that he's repented, on to the maker.

As for the beard thing. I think he was keeping two spearate strands of his beard to represent his guilt over killing the two people. He repented/confessed for his sins, so he removed the two reminders as he has been lifted of his guilt. I'm sure someone can probably dig up some religious significance in cutting off your beard or something.

Last edited by moriarty : 03-02-2006 at 10:27 AM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #1332
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Well Mr. Echo was either delivering a message to someone he thought was an other, like a subtle "I killed two of your buddies, so watch out", or it was more of a "hey, I killed two of your buddies, but please forgive me and let's all get along".

Or ... Mr Echo thinks the guy is going to die soon, and he's asking him to pass the message that he's repented, on to the maker.

As for the beard thing. I think he was keeping two spearate strands of his beard to represent his guilt over killing the two people. He repented/confessed for his sins, so he removed the two reminders as he has been lifted of his guilt. I'm sure someone can probably dig up some religious significance in cutting off your beard or something.

This is how I understood Ecko's actions as well. He had those two tufts, maybe one for each of them. I think he either felt like this guy was going to die or thinks this guy is an "other" and wanted to apologize/confess to one of "them" about what he did to two of "them".

This dude is totally an "Other."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #1333
John Galt
Pro Starter

I thought it was a very good episode. I've been watching the first season on DVD recently and noticed how different it felt. One of the big differences was that the first season had a lot more horror/suspense elements. There was a creepy, whats-going-to-happen-next feeling. That emphasis has been lost after the first couple episodes this season (which I thought were really good). Last night's episode did a lot to reclaim that feeling for me, so I was pretty happy with it.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #1334
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i guess one quick question i have is how did the medical bunker become so run-down in only a month or so?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #1335
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
i guess one quick question i have is how did the medical bunker become so run-down in only a month or so?
The bunker wasn't run down - it was pillaged. Someone either ransacked the place or the people who were there left in a real big hurry - probably did so after Claire escaped.

As to the re-runs, while theu do suck, the producers said that they are most definitely not random and each one serves a specific purpose in regards to the storyline. That being said, the re-runs suck and they have destroyed every ounce of momentum this show once had.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #1336
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
As to the re-runs, while theu do suck, the producers said that they are most definitely not random and each one serves a specific purpose in regards to the storyline. That being said, the re-runs suck and they have destroyed every ounce of momentum this show once had.

Completely agreed. All you have to do is check out a show like The Shield or the HBO series to see how a series should be handled.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #1337
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Completely agreed. All you have to do is check out a show like The Shield or the HBO series to see how a series should be handled.

HBO is a bad example, well at least in terms of the Soprano's. Have 8 episodes, then wait 37 years to start another season.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #1338
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:

That was a pretty lame scene. So was Locke freaking out. Locke's character has not been written well in the past few episodes, IMO.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #1339
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
HBO is a bad example, well at least in terms of the Soprano's. Have 8 episodes, then wait 37 years to start another season.

Most of the seasons have about 12-15 episodes I believe - but they only break for holidays.

The Shield has what - about 15-20? No breaks unless there's a holiday. I think 24 does something similar as well.

There's really no excuse for this.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #1340
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

I don't watch The Shield or 24 but I read somewhere that they run new episodes every week from January to May after not having any new episodes the previous fall. I really like this system and think it would really benefit Lost to follow suit.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #1341
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
I did as well.

I really have to think that the guy in captivity isn't an other. The show is sooooooo leaning towards it, it can't be true. Either that or Pyser is right and he's the leader of the Others.

Also, I think we can conclude that Ethan was part of the group that took Walt.

I wouldn't think so, but that stunt he pulled with Locke (btw, did Locke turn into a neurotic weirdo instantly or what? Poor character writing there) foreshadows him being "bad"
Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #1342
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
That was a pretty lame scene. So was Locke freaking out. Locke's character has not been written well in the past few episodes, IMO.

I thought it was too soon to show Locke's reaction to what Gale said. Obviously Gale intends to plant the seed of doubt in Locke's mind but to have Locke react so immediately was a misstep in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #1343
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I wouldn't think so, but that stunt he pulled with Locke (btw, did Locke turn into a neurotic weirdo instantly or what? Poor character writing there) foreshadows him being "bad"

Poor character writing? Locke has been like that from day one. He has had a number of those types of out bursts. He gets easily frustrated and angry. He is, and always has been, a bit of neurotic weirdo. He's the one obsessed with pushing the button, no?

Even though I sat there and thought "No, Locke! Don't fall for that! It's the oldest trick in the book!", I didn't think his outburts was out of character at all based on his reaction to other things. He tries to play it cool, but there is a lot going on under the surface there.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #1344
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Lots of interesting stuff going on once again.

1) Eko and Henry Gale. If Eko knew who Gale was, why didn't Gale know who Eko was, too? I can understand Gale knowing of Eko, if Gale is an Other. ("We lost two grunts to some black mofo, boss") I think Gale would realize who Eko is if that were true. But unless Eko and Gale had met, (perhaps they took Eko to see Gale when he was captured) how could Eko possibly know, or even suspect, who Gale is?

My current working theory is based on the dual-role aspect of the Wizard of Oz reference. In Oz, Uncle Henry and the Wizard are the same man. Henry says he's a millionaire excentric who took off in a balloon. I beleive that will be confirmed. As to why he did, I think Henry knew of Dharma and set out to find the Island. He may be in fairly deeply with Dharma, perhaps enough to have seen dossiers on Locke (and the rest of the passengers) so that he knows how to pull Locke's chain. That's why he's both a castaway and an Other. I think he'll turn out to be a Dharma "investor" who's trying to find out what's going on with his money. In essence, another group (of one).

Eko doesn't trust anyone on the island. He's already sent a message to the Others by bludgeoning two of them to death. The survivors (both groups) are about scared shitless of him, so I think Eko is simply saying, "Look, I dont' know who you are, I'm sorry I killed those two Others. I don't want to do that again. But don't even think of fucking with me."

Gale had to have been genuinely horrified that Eko was going to get tougher than Sayid. I think that was the terror on his face.

2) I always thought the beards looked cheesy on Zeke, but I couldn't figure out why they would see a need to put on false face fuzz. I still don't. Why does Zeke not want to be recognized? Its not like he's famous or anything.

3) Why didn't they want to keep Claire? They kept Alexandra, a young female. Claire isn't all that much out of her teens, is she? She looks and acts about 22, tops.

Was the vaccine shortage dailogue a ruse or real? Why bother to mention it since they seemed prepared to give Claire a C-section. why let her think she was going back, when she was so prepared to stay?

When I first saw Ethan sticking the needle in Claire, I thought of amniosyntesis (sp?), that he was trying to figure out whether she was having a boy or girl, and whether the baby was going to be healthy. But there's no need to do so many of them, so I doubt that's true.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #1345
Samdari
Roster Filler

I think Locke freaking out at the thought that other percieve Jack, rather than him, as the leader is very consistent with his personality so far.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #1346
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants
2) I always thought the beards looked cheesy on Zeke, but I couldn't figure out why they would see a need to put on false face fuzz. I still don't. Why does Zeke not want to be recognized? Its not like he's famous or anything.

I don't think it's a matter of not wanting to be recognized, but more a matter of wanting them to appear to the Oceanic group like they are roughing it, when in reality they have access to what seems like a lot of nice amenities. Why? No clue.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #1347
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants
My current working theory is based on the dual-role aspect of the Wizard of Oz reference. In Oz, Uncle Henry and the Wizard are the same man. Henry says he's a millionaire excentric who took off in a balloon. I beleive that will be confirmed. As to why he did, I think Henry knew of Dharma and set out to find the Island. He may be in fairly deeply with Dharma, perhaps enough to have seen dossiers on Locke (and the rest of the passengers) so that he knows how to pull Locke's chain. That's why he's both a castaway and an Other. I think he'll turn out to be a Dharma "investor" who's trying to find out what's going on with his money. In essence, another group (of one).

My thoughts as to what will happen:

Locke and Ana-Lucia will look for the balloon to try to confirm Henry's story. The others, who can obviously monitor the hatch, will plant a hot air balloon where Henry tells Locke it is, so they can bloodlessly get their leader released. Henry will prove to be the elusive "he" referred to by the unbearded Mr Friendly in his conversation with Ethan.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #1348
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I think Locke freaking out at the thought that other percieve Jack, rather than him, as the leader is very consistent with his personality so far.

I don't see it. I also don't think Locke is so much as concerned that others percieve Jack as the leader. It seemed to be more personal than that. There is something deeper in there. Like I said, he has had numerous fits/outbursts like that. He is also big into being his "own man", especially after being confined by the wheel chair for so long. I think it's a bit more complicated than what it appears and, remember, we really haven't seen all that much of Locke.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #1349
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
My thoughts as to what will happen:

Locke and Ana-Lucia will look for the balloon to try to confirm Henry's story. The others, who can obviously monitor the hatch, will plant a hot air balloon where Henry tells Locke it is, so they can bloodlessly get their leader released. Henry will prove to be the elusive "he" referred to by the unbearded Mr Friendly in his conversation with Ethan.

oh, I don't think they will plant the balloon. It's already there, from a real crash. But the real Gale is long gone - taken by the Others. This guy is just using that info to gain trust. They'll find the balloon wreckage and think he's telling the truth - and in fact give him more access to the secret stuff because they'll feel bad for torturing him.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #1350
Samdari
Roster Filler

The calm, cool, competent Locke you are expecting is him acting like he has always wanted to be, and pictured himself. All of his flashbacks paint a very different picture of an underconfident loser, craving acceptance and love from ones who will not give it to him. That is the real Locke, the guy who would freak out when learning that others do not percieve him as the leader he envisions himself to be.