Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #1301
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Well, I am out for the day.

Hopefully GE's death puts me into some folks' CoT.

I have found Gramm suspicious for a few days because I feel like he has been probing for role information a little too hard. Nothing too damning, but this is the first lynch option that I have liked.

Lynch Gramm.

Grammaticus's ability to notice certain details in people's posts is the reason why I figured he was probably villager last night. Him being at the murder scene when ntndeacon arrived though makes him look bad. I'll await to hear Gramm's explanation before deciding on whether or not to vote to lynch him.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #1302
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am wondering why ntn jailed Gramm after he wasn't suggested to be jailed by anyone yesterday. I skimmed through all of the Day 3 posts and didn't see anyone asking for him to be jailed.

So, if we trust ntn......

Interesting.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #1303
hoopsguy
General Manager

Spleen, we already ran one Sheriff out of office. Do you have someone you consider less suspicious? The reason we put NTN in was because multiple people were willing to vouch for him. After last night, you can add me to that list.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #1304
hoopsguy
General Manager

On a very closely related point - the Sheriff does have the right to choose whoever the heck he wants, and we have the right to question it. But I don't think having a revolving door for the position is ideal.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #1305
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I thought I would post the voting record to lynch Golden Eagle from a couple days ago since that is who Cowboys killed last night. Hopefully someone can derive some clues from this.

(11) goldeneagle - hoopsguy (481), grammaticus (500), Barkeep (521), Ntndeacon (522), Racer (576), Sndvls (587), Spleen (604), lathum (655), Fouts (661), path (590 and 688), Saldana (721)

(9) No Vote - LoneStarGirl, Anxiety, Golden Eagle, St. Cronin, Swaggs, Chief Rum, Chubby, bulletsponge (I believe he couldn't vote), Glengoyne.

Golden Eagle actually only got 11 votes because path voted twice and Alan T counted both.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #1306
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Racer, I can't decide what to think about that. At the time we didn't know GE's role. I have to believe that GE was killed because they were worried about his abilities as the former sheriff. WIth a close vote it's entirely possible for the Cowboys to swing the vote, but I dunno if they would have wanted to risk being wrong on the first lynch vote.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #1307
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I finally got a PM...thought I heard gunshots in the night.

So did I. Same message.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #1308
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I'd like to know what Gramm was doing at path's house.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #1309
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Path's quoting of Chubby reminds me:

Chubby you've been awfully active at night. Do you have a gun?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #1310
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Spleen, we already ran one Sheriff out of office. Do you have someone you consider less suspicious? The reason we put NTN in was because multiple people were willing to vouch for him. After last night, you can add me to that list.

I'm not saying we should unelect ntn. I am saying the opposite actually.

I was eluding to the fact that maybe he knows something about Gram that the rest us don't and what he knows is good reason to put him in jail. If that is the case, I think voting to lynch Gram is a good idea.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #1311
Tyrith
College Starter

Finally, some blood, I was starting to think you all were getting peaceful in your old age!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #1312
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Path's quoting of Chubby reminds me:

Chubby you've been awfully active at night. Do you have a gun?

Of course I have a gun, it'd be pretty stupid to not have a gun with my occupation.

path - So you weren't aware of Gramm being at your house?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #1313
path12
Coordinator

I'm not sure what's up with Gram being near my house. My PM said nothing about any visitors at all. Had dinner and drinks, went home (I live NE), slept well for most of the night until woken by what sounded like gunshots but could have been just a dream. Went back to sleep.

But for now:

LYNCH GRAM
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #1314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Has anyone encountered Chief Rum besides Saldana? Does anyone know what Gram is doing at night?

We are now in Day 4 and have yet to execute on a lynch. The showdowns in this game give us another means to potentially kill a Cowboy, but we are clearly falling behind no matter how much information we feel like we have accumulated up to this point. Without context to evaluate the information, it is hard to assign value to it.

Trust - NTN (high), Chubby (low), Anxiety (low)

I'm willing to move the votes if information comes out that clears these two, but for now

VOTE LYNCH CHIEF RUM
VOTE LYNCH GRAMMATICUS
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #1315
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Gotta leave for work won't be back until after the deadline so my vote for Gramm stands. Don't know for sure if he's bad or not but he's our best option and he's done nothing to make me think he's good.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #1316
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hate to do this (considering he just left), but I am very suspicious of Chubby. He is acting like it's his God given right to be out at night. But it isn't and yet people seem to trust him. Seems like he's been around trouble quite a bit. Just lucky on his part or something else?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #1317
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I don't think he would have been peering in the window when I showed up if he was the shooter last night. And if he was a Cowboy aligned with the shooter, then what the heck would he be doing out there?

Is that ironclad proof that he is innocent? Nope, which is why I only list him as low trust. Want to check one more piece of info out from an earlier post as well to try and support (or, potentially weaken) this train of thought.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #1318
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Here's what I know....

GE was killed in the same manner as Thomkal. He was shot once in the head and once in the body. On his person, I found a sheriff's star from Kansas and some papers. No details on the papers.

He was shot from a side window. I assume he managed to get a shot off because there was a bullet in the wall near the side window.

He gun was no where to be found.

My PM has Chubby looking in GE's window, but it references the "front" not the "side". Without knowing how many windows there are into Chubby's place, I'm not sure exactly what to make of this but I feel like the distinction could be important.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #1319
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The innocent have nothing to hide, right? So wouldn't a cowboy pretend to be innocent and say that's how he found the situation when he was the one creating it in the first place.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #1320
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am wondering why ntn jailed Gramm after he wasn't suggested to be jailed by anyone yesterday. I skimmed through all of the Day 3 posts and didn't see anyone asking for him to be jailed.

So, if we trust ntn......

Interesting.

I was waiting for this question, as this was one that I seemingly pulled from the air. Of COurse jailing of Chief Rum was based mostly on the 3 votes I had to jail him...well 3 and a half (I was suspicious of him as well) The Grammaticus jailing was more a gut call than anything else. His grilling of Hoopsguy along with his asking who I was going to Jail after I told who Isuspected seemed fishy to me.
I do know Cronin got the second most votes for Jailing, but since there is some trust between us, two votes for Jailing Cronin did not seem like enough. I do have other suspicions as well, but my idea of this office is to follow the lead of my constituents o some degree.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #1321
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so lets play this out a little then, Barkeep. Chubby was out on Night 2, but there was no kill. He had inside information on Cronin and NTN - do you expect that he could have obtained that information simultaneously with completing a conversion?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #1322
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, so lets play this out a little then, Barkeep. Chubby was out on Night 2, but there was no kill. He had inside information on Cronin and NTN - do you expect that he could have obtained that information simultaneously with completing a conversion?
What if there was no kill because the target was cronin or NTN and their interaction somehow prevented Chubby from doing the deed?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #1323
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Finally, some blood, I was starting to think you all were getting peaceful in your old age!

Shush you.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #1324
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I got no info last night. No one came after me and saw who I was disgused as nor did I hear anything. All quiet here.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #1325
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Had to have been NE since that's where I was doing my job and I heard the gunshots really close by.

that's my thought too as that is where I live
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #1326
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still pretty solidly behind NTN.

I'm thinking that the ONE person we can absolutely trust is Swaggs. He saved GE's neck, and wouldn't have done that if he was a Cowboy. Also, pretty much since then, he has been in jail safe from corruption.

I'm still suspicious of Saldana, because he essentially chose not to have a lynching yesterday, when earlier he was strongly advocating the lynch of GE.

I guess I need to make that an official vote to jail him, so it will "count"

Jail Saldana
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #1327
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post

Shooting Tyrith would make all of us happy I think.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #1328
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This post is for ntndeacon:

You appear to be the nexus of our growing Circle of Trust. What I am interested in seeing is what your own CoT is, who is in it, and where. Would you post it?

-Anxiety

Old 10-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #1329
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So I'm wondering if the same person killed thermkal and GE, as seems likely. If so I'm wondering what that means about the Cowboys ability to kill.

Geez Barkeep, have some respect for the dead. Spell my name correctly next time.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #1330
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Geez Barkeep, have some respect for the dead. Spell my name correctly next time.
My apologies.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #1331
Tyrith
College Starter

Don't shoot me, then I couldn't make snide comments anymore
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #1332
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am all for a lynch tonight, but I dont know of the two which i trust less. So lets lynch both.

Lynch Gram

Lynch Chief Rum

Chubby could have been outside the window to make sure GE was dead. He could be a cowboy, one that didn't kill GE, but he stuck around to see what went on afterwards.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #1333
spleen1015
Coordinator

At this point, I feel like there is a reason ntn jailed Gram. So....

LYNCH Grammaticus
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #1334
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Seems like killing Gram is a no brainer at this point. Would love to hear some more discussiona bout Chief. My inclination would be to lynch him as well, as a sort of make up from yesterday, but people seem to somewhat trust him. So what am I missing?

Lynch Gramaticus
Old 10-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #1335
SnDvls
Pro Starter

said to put CR in the pokey so

lynch CR
as that is why he is there in the first place.

we also need to free up some room to add at least one or two people for tonight.

I'd like to free Swaggs if he feels he'd be safe, but if not we shoud get another person in the jail for us to debate so

lynch Gram

I'm also keeping my faith in ntn so elect NTN

as for who to jail...not enough info to really say anyone yet. I would have to say no on Chubby only because he said some info about me and my nonaction last night that makes me feel good, but then again he could have been a spy too as he said he saw me and looked in GE's window too.
maybe he's out scouting for who is and isn't home at night for the cowboys? don't know.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #1336
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well if we do lynch those two tonight, who do we put in jail? It seems we are leaning towards chubby... and yesterday St. Cronin had the second most votes, so is he our number one choice?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #1337
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh yes. Thanks for the reminder sndvls

elect ntn

Man is still trusted and seems to be doing a good job.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #1338
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Current vote total, about 8 hours till deadline.

Election votes: (10 votes needed for new sheriff)

No votes currently for a new sheriff.

Lynch votes: (10 votes needed for lynch)

(0) Swaggs -
(4) Chief Rum - Fouts (1280), Hoopsguy (1314), Lonestargirl (1332), Sndvls (1335)
(9) Grammaticus - Swaggs (1277), Fouts (1280), Chubby (1287), Path (1313), Hoopsguy (1314), Lonestargirl (1332), Spleen (1333), Barkeep (1334), Sndvls (1335)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #1339
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm going to go ahead and vote for CR. I think that his whole reveal, is, well, not necessarily pro-town. And with only 4 votes on him, I'm not worried about starting a potential bandwagon quite yet.

Lynch Chief Rum
Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #1340
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Why are people electing NTN? He is already sherrif. You only Elect somebody when that somebody is not in office. That was bothering me. Glad I got it off my chest. Thank you.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #1341
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

This is a really fun game. I wish I could still be a part of it but I was forced to play my hand a little to sudden.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:44 PM   #1342
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Why are people electing NTN? He is already sherrif. You only Elect somebody when that somebody is not in office. That was bothering me. Glad I got it off my chest. Thank you.

They're just showing their support of keeping ntn in office.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #1343
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Have to drive a bit this afternoon. Should be back for deadline, if not then it will be posted by 10pm EST at the very latest. (Should be on time however).

Any immediate day actions can still be submitted to me by PM, but likely won't get enacted until right at lynch time. Order will be: Immediate day actions (in order of being received) -> Lynch in the case one affects the other. Deadline for both day action pms and lynch/elect votes is still 9:00pm EST

Last edited by Alan T : 10-12-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #1344
Racer
College Benchwarmer

May change this vote later, but neither of the people I voted to send to jail last night have voted for Grammaticus. Might change my vote later depending on what Grammaticus says. For now,

Lynch Grammaticus
Old 10-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #1345
st.cronin
General Manager

I think we're on to something with Gram, but I have no idea about Chief Rum.

Lynch Grammaticus

Barkeep, that's an interesting theory about Chubby potentially wanting to convert me - I'm not quite sure I buy it. Surely there is more than one cowboy, so they would be able to mix up their night missions so nobody would show up tired, right? So why risk drawing attention to one of their own? At this point, I just don't see enough to make him particularly suspicious.

Also, I forgot whose post it was (saldana?), that said I was actively trying to lead the village astray - I was a big proponent of NOT lynching GE, and all I did yesterday was advocate making ntn sherriff. So, where exactly am I leading the village astray?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #1346
st.cronin
General Manager

By the way, this seems like it would be an impossible game to run. Kudos to Alan.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #1347
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm okay with a lynch of Gram, he was on my list of usual suspects, but then again so are a lot of folks.

He and I got into it a bit earlier, I think it was a misunderstanding. Still I've been slightly suspicious since.

lynch Gram

I don't think I can vote to lynch CR as yet. Primarilly because Saldana initially pointed him out as a suspect, and I'm still suspicious of Sal.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #1348
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
This post is for ntndeacon:

You appear to be the nexus of our growing Circle of Trust. What I am interested in seeing is what your own CoT is, who is in it, and where. Would you post it?

-Anxiety

Well, The people I have gone to see are in my CoT. I also trust Lathum as well. the whole thing with GE makes me trust Swaggs some. others have a sidgeon of trust or distrust. So it would look a little like this:

High trust:
Hoops, Cronin, Anxiety, Swaggs
Moderately High Trust:
Lathum
Middlin' Trust:
Spleen
Just a little trust:
Bullett, Barkeep
Old 10-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #1349
st.cronin
General Manager

I am curious to know why some people don't trust Anxiety.

knives out
Old 10-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #1350
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Well, The people I have gone to see are in my CoT. I also trust Lathum as well. the whole thing with GE makes me trust Swaggs some. others have a sidgeon of trust or distrust. So it would look a little like this:

High trust:
Hoops, Cronin, Anxiety, Swaggs
Moderately High Trust:
Lathum
Middlin' Trust:
Spleen
Just a little trust:
Bullett, Barkeep

I must have missed something. Why do you have trust in Cronin?