Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #1301
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I wouldn't doubt if Fielder was traded either.

Before LaPorta got traded, I kind of figured Fielder would get traded. With LaPorta gone now, I think the Brewers will likely hang on to Fielder for one more year until the brass figures out that Mat Gamel can't play third base.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #1302
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dodgers just need to designate Jones for assignment.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #1303
Logan
Head Coach

Word is the Yankees got Nady and Marte for 4 prospects, including Ohlendorf and Jose Tabata.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #1304
Jas_lov
College Starter

That's great news, Logan! The Yankees get a big bat and a LH relief pitcher. Tabata is a good prospect, but he's a bit of a headcase. I liked Ohlendorf and thought he could be pretty good someday.

Also tonight, Joba Chamberlain has outdueled Josh Beckett through 7 innings.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #1305
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Wow...The Phillies are falling apart in the NL.

fixed.

Phillies may as well hang it up, this season is a lost cause.
Fire Manuel for using Lidge in a non-save situation, and other dumb-headed moves.

Trade the whole starting line-up, Howard equals a bum, Utley is over-rated, Burrell is an overpaid snail, plus a few others.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 PM   #1306
Atocep
Coordinator

Good deal for the Yankees, though they're buying high on Nady. He has a .360 BABIP and a 26.5 line drive percentage. Those are almost guaranteed to go down as the season winds down.

The Pirates were supposedly looking for a top level prospect for each for Marte and Nady and the Yankees gave up 3 prospects that won't impress anyone and the vastly overrated Tabata.

Tabata hasn't shown a damn thing in the minors yet and has probably regressed since he joined the Yankees system. Its odd that the pirates were holding out for so much and end up centering a trade for two of their 3 chips they had to deal on a guy that hasn't shown the ability to do much of anything.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #1307
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
fixed.

Phillies may as well hang it up, this season is a lost cause.
Fire Manuel for using Lidge in a non-save situation, and other dumb-headed moves.

Trade the whole starting line-up, Howard equals a bum, Utley is over-rated, Burrell is an overpaid snail, plus a few others.

wow, did RomaGoth steal your password or something?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #1308
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Unhappy

i've followed the pirates a ton more this year....basically listened to 5-6 games a week on the radio. So I'd say i'm more or less a fan. Nady has hit well all year, but like someone else said he's been extremely blessed this year with "luck." Sucks that he just had a baby like a week ago and now has to move. Seemed like a class guy from interviews. Realistically his arb number was going to be huge next year. And if he regresses to career averages he'd be way overpaid. And probably not a type a guy. And then you'd have to offer Arb again to get compensation.

The Pirates have a really solid offense this year. Their batting average with RISP is probably unattainable so they are going to regress some. LaRoache is murdering the ball late. They can probably platoon RF and be ok.

Marte has some weird option thing at the end of the year. He wasn't going to be back. I thought they may have been able to do better for him though.

You guys can look at the stats and see how bad the Pirates starters are, but lemme say listening to it is even more painful. Ohlendorf has decent stuff, honestly he could be their 3rd or 4th best starter tomorrow if they use him as such. I know that's fuckin pathetic.

I would feel better about the deal if Kennedy was involved or if they took a flyer on Sanchez. Not a very great return on investment. But I have more faith in the new pirates administration. The rest of the guys seem like organizational guys. The OF is probably a decent spec with baggage. Now that they have saved 8 to 10 million with this trade they must have to sign #2 pick Pedro Alvarez from vandy .
Honestly if Ross can eat some innings. and that's a big if, they will move closer to an average team. They have some good young hitters now for 3 more years. Hopefully they can build on McCloth and Doumit.

Trading Bay will depress me much more. And I wouldn't be suprised if it happens soon. Hopefully they get a much more projectable top of the rotation type starter for him.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #1309
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Also tonight, Joba Chamberlain has outdueled Josh Beckett through 7 innings.
It's easy to pitch when they're calling strikes a foot off the plate and allowing you ot throw at guys heads.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #1310
MrBug708
Head Coach

Casey Blake to the Dodgers for two minor leaguers?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #1311
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Casey Blake to the Dodgers for two minor leaguers?

Yes. As an Indians fan, I'm both sad and happy to see Blake go. He was always a pretty good player and quiet leader for the Tribe. They signed him on a minor league deal and he turned out to be a pretty good bargain. Now, I'm happy to see Blake go because now the move forces Wedge to play Marte at 3B for the rest of the year. The organization needs to find out if Marte can really play and this is the best way to do that. I'm also happy with the prospects. I don't know anything about the young catcher except he was hitting well at class A, albeit in the offense fueled California League. RHP Jon Meloan should be a young, cheap arm under team control for a long time. You can never have too much pitching.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #1312
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The Braves just put up nine in the top of the fourth against Cole Hamels, capped by Texieria smashing a three-run bomb to send him to the showers. Hampton hasn't got injured yet in his return, surprisingly enough.

Last edited by Big Fo : 07-26-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #1313
molson
General Manager

Weird stuff going on with Manny Ramirez. He begs out of the last two games, citing a knee injury. Then he doesn't show up to the trainers for treatment. So they make him get an MRI, which is completely clean, and order him to play today.

McCarver said that he asked Theo Epstein if Manny could possibly be traded before the deadline, and Theo said that if Manny was willing to waive his no trade-clause, they'd be interesting it sending him packing. The Red Sox could be losing patience.

Some of Manny's "Manny moment" in previous years were more high-profile, but this year they seem to be worse - including possibly "throwing" an at-bat against Mariano Rivera by taking 3 straight pitches for strikes, after he was pissed off for being fined.

Last edited by molson : 07-26-2008 at 04:41 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #1314
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This is silly, Manny. I don't see anyone giving you $20 M next year except maybe the Yanks (and not sure how much of an option that is, given how the Yanks have been burned by big contracts of late). You should be on your best behavior to get the Red Sox to pick up that option.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #1315
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This is silly, Manny. I don't see anyone giving you $20 M next year except maybe the Yanks (and not sure how much of an option that is, given how the Yanks have been burned by big contracts of late). You should be on your best behavior to get the Red Sox to pick up that option.

+1

Manny needs tough love. The Sox put him on irrevocable waivers in 2003 and nobody claimed him (though I bet Yankees regret that). He responded with a huge year in 2004.

Last edited by molson : 07-26-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #1316
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Now 10-9 Phillies top of the 6th, after Hampton gave up three straight hits to start the bottom of the fifth & the bullpen not only let all of them in but four more runs as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #1317
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Yeah that fifth inning was a bit of a letdown.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #1318
molson
General Manager

Maybe they should try this at the All-Star game - this is just weird:

IBAF changes rules for extra innings - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

IBAF changes rules for extra innings

DURHAM, N.C. (AP)—Extra innings will have a new look in what could be baseball’s last Olympic appearance.

Each team’s at-bat in the 11th inning and beyond will begin with runners on first and second bases. Teams may start the 11th at any point in their batting order under format changes announced Friday by the International Baseball Federation and adopted in time for next month’s Beijing Games.

Baseball and softball are making their last appearance for a while, after the International Olympic Committee voted to eliminate the sports from the 2012 London Games. Both sports are working to be reinstated for the 2016 Olympics.

Federation president Harvey Schiller said the extra-innings change was adopted to save time.

“Extra-inning contests can bring about the most exciting results for players and fans, but such circumstances also make it difficult in the context of the Olympic program,” Schiller said. “We must demonstrate to the International Olympic Committee (that) not only does our game belong alongside the other great sports of the world, but our sport is manageable from a television and operational standpoint.”

Under the new format, the 10th inning will be played normally. At the start of the 11th, teams will have the option of beginning at any point in the existing batting order and placing the previous two batters on base.

For example, a team that opts to lead off with its No. 3 hitter would begin with its No. 1 batter on second base and its No. 2 hitter on first with no outs.

“It’s kind of the same thing (as the traditional extra-inning format),” said U.S. pitcher Jeremy Cummings of Triple-A Durham. “You just get two guys on, so more than likely, guys in the Far East will probably bunt them over. So you’ve got one out with guys on second and third, so that might make the bunt defense come into play a little bit more.”

The 12th inning and beyond would begin where the previous lineup left off, with the two hitters ahead of the batter scheduled to lead off that inning being placed on first and second bases.

Initially, USA Baseball executive director Paul Seiler was opposed to the format change, but he warmed to the idea after discussing it with general manager Bob Watson, field manager Davey Johnson and the rest of Team USA’s on-field personnel.

“The traditionalist in me says, ‘No way.”’ Seiler said. “The IOC is really managing-slash-massaging sports within the Games. We’re one of those few sports that baseball people or traditionalists would say, ‘We do have a tiebreaker—we keep playing until the game’s over.’

“But you know, in the Olympics, where you have (a) finite amount of time to get your program finished (and) the early game goes 15, 16, 17 innings, then what does that do? Television is affected, transportation is affected—a lot of logistical things that we don’t have to worry about on a Friday night in Durham. It’s a domino (effect).”

The new rules are being tested at a youth tournament this week in Canada and will take effect for all tournaments under the federation’s umbrella.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #1319
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would take Manny on the Mets in a second. As long as it didn't cost a player currently in the Majors ( Reyes, Pelfry, Wright)
Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #1320
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife and I were having this discussion earlier about if you were stearing a baseball team today who would you start it with.

I'm sure there is a thread like this already on here but I figured I would throw it out here.

We started talking about it bcause of Jeter and how I think he is overrated.

FWIW I would start a team with Hanley Ramirez.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #1321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It'll be interesting to see if today's Braves collapse is the final straw that puts them into sell mode.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #1322
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My wife and I were having this discussion earlier about if you were stearing a baseball team today who would you start it with.

I'm sure there is a thread like this already on here but I figured I would throw it out here.

I read this before the Mets game started and thought Jose Reyes would be my answer 95% of the time. Today is definitely one of those days. Two doubles and a HR in his first 3 at bats.

Last edited by Logan : 07-26-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #1323
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Weird stuff going on with Manny Ramirez. He begs out of the last two games, citing a knee injury. Then he doesn't show up to the trainers for treatment. So they make him get an MRI, which is completely clean, and order him to play today.

McCarver said that he asked Theo Epstein if Manny could possibly be traded before the deadline, and Theo said that if Manny was willing to waive his no trade-clause, they'd be interesting it sending him packing. The Red Sox could be losing patience.

Some of Manny's "Manny moment" in previous years were more high-profile, but this year they seem to be worse - including possibly "throwing" an at-bat against Mariano Rivera by taking 3 straight pitches for strikes, after he was pissed off for being fined.
Blaming him for that at-bat is ridiculous. It happened a full week after he was fined and Rivera painted 3 perfect pitches on the corners. (Unlike last night where Rivera was getting strike calls 9 inches off the plate. When Youkilis, JD Drew and Mike Lowell are complaining about your strike zone, you're pitiful.)

The rest of the Manny stuff, while annoying, is mostly Boston media like Lobel and the Curly Haired Boyfriend fanning the flames again. The only quote I've seen from anyone close to the team is one player who spoke privately. Everything else is former State Treasurer's or Smith College professors. Even if he waived his no-trade clause, there is no trade that could replace Manny's bat for the remainder of this season (Maybe Manny to LA for prospects and prospects for Bay or (please no) Holliday) and the team is not going to give up on this season.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #1324
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I'm a bit of a homer, but I'd go with Albert Pujols.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #1325
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Is Delgado on fire or what?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #1326
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I read this before the Mets game started and thought Jose Reyes would be my answer 95% of the time. Today is definitely one of those days. Two doubles and a HR in his first 3 at bats.
Jose Reyes 25 y/o 124 OPS+ (Career High) 115/103 last 2 years.
Hanley Ramirez 24 y/o 144 OPS+ 116/145 last 2 years. (Lots of E's)

Other possibilities (Mainly C/SS/CF)

BJ Upton 23 y/o 110 OPS+ 136 last year.
Justin Upton 20 y/o 102 OPS+
Brian McCann 24 y/o 150 OPS+ 143/100 last 2.
Grady Sizemore 25 y/o 142 OPS+ 132/122 last 2.
Ryan Braun 24 y/o 136 OPS+ 153 last year.
Albert Pujols 28 y/o 174 OPS+ 151-187 last 8 seasons.
David Wright 25 y/o 139 OPS+ 133/150 last 2.
Josh Hamilton 27 y/o 142 OPS+ 131 last year.
Evan Longoria 22 y/o 135 OPS+

I'm tempted to say Hanley or Justin Upton, but I think I'd go with McCann (caveat - I don't know much about his defense). Pitching possibilities would probably include Lincecum, Felix Hernandez, Beckett, Webb, Sabathia and maybe even Lester.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-26-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #1327
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

I'm tempted to say Hanley or Justin Upton, but I think I'd go with McCann (caveat - I don't know much about his defense). Pitching possibilities would probably include Lincecum, Felix Hernandez, Beckett, Webb, Sabathia and maybe even Lester.

When factoring in defensive value Reyes and Ramirez have been just about even the past 2 years.

If I were to choose I'd go with David Wright. He'll age better than both Reyes and Ramirez and he's been a better player the past 3 seasons. Upton is intriguing, but I'll take the guy I know will produce over the guy I think will produce.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #1328
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Jose Reyes 25 y/o 124 OPS+ (Career High) 115/103 last 2 years.
Hanley Ramirez 24 y/o 144 OPS+ 116/145 last 2 years. (Lots of E's)

I wasn't really trying to compare the two, but anyway, we've had this discussion plenty of times. Let's save us a few pages of people like me saying "there's more to baseball than stats" and people like you disagreeing, and move on ok?

Wright would probably be my choice too, especially when factoring in off the field stuff. He's the perfect face of a franchise, both in selling the team and in being a leader.

I haven't seen much of Longoria, but from what I have, definitely a solid choice as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #1329
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

If I was starting a team... Pujols and then Ramirez with Longoria right after.

I'd take Wright over Reyes, if I'm picking Mets players though.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #1330
SackAttack
Head Coach

As poor a reception as Andruw Jones has gotten in LA (and I wanna tell you what, having been at the game tonight, it's even nastier in person than it sounds on the radio/TV), I can't imagine the reception he'd have gotten if Lowe had hit that ball in his third at-bat about 5-6 feet further.

If your pitcher goes 3-3 with a HR and 2 RBI, and you're going 0-3 with a K and a GDP...that's probably a new circle of hell.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #1331
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I wasn't really trying to compare the two, but anyway, we've had this discussion plenty of times. Let's save us a few pages of people like me saying "there's more to baseball than stats" and people like you disagreeing, and move on ok?

Wright would probably be my choice too, especially when factoring in off the field stuff. He's the perfect face of a franchise, both in selling the team and in being a leader.

I haven't seen much of Longoria, but from what I have, definitely a solid choice as well.
Fair enough, and I definitely don't see enough NL East games to make subjective choices... I do know from watching Hanley at Portland (AA) I would be terrified to make him the face of a franchise. He really wasn't trying most of the time, and it showed in his stats/etc.

Interesting you pick Longoria out, but don't mention Braun. Again, I haven't seen enough to compare the two, but Braun's first year+ has been eye-opening statistically.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #1332
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My personal homer pick would be David Wright
Old 07-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #1333
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Fair enough, and I definitely don't see enough NL East games to make subjective choices... I do know from watching Hanley at Portland (AA) I would be terrified to make him the face of a franchise. He really wasn't trying most of the time, and it showed in his stats/etc.

Interesting you pick Longoria out, but don't mention Braun. Again, I haven't seen enough to compare the two, but Braun's first year+ has been eye-opening statistically.

Don't get me wrong, I love Braun. He is after all The Hebrew Hammer. For the same reason I would pass on Ramirez, his defense isn't good enough. Not as bad as Hanley, but he was forced out of 3rd correct? Granted I haven't seen Longoria making the routine plays (compared to his web gems), but if he has that down, he's a hell of a fielder. Basically I see Longoria and Wright as the same type of player.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #1334
Atocep
Coordinator

So the Rays kept Kazmir in to pitch one more inning after a 1 hour and 12 minute rain delay yesterday.

Its nice to see they took the risk with a guy that has a track record of staying injury-free...
Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #1335
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Chris Carpenter makes his 2nd start since opening day on Wednesday.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #1336
Bad-example
College Starter

Henry Schulman is the Chronicle's beat writer for the Giants. I have become a fan over the years and think the bay area is lucky to have him covering the team. His latest blog entry isn't really about baseball but I thought it was worth sharing. SFGate: San Francisco Giants : The Splash

Quote:
You might have noticed that Bruce Jenkins covered Sunday's game for me. I decided to drive to Los Angeles a day early partly to give myself a good long time to think before I got there. This is the first time I have been to my hometown since a tough two weeks in which my father passed away and I covered the season-opening series at Dodger Stadium.

The theme was unavoidable Sunday, particularly since I chose to listen to the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies on the ride down. Almost every inductee spoke of his father's encouragement.

I thought of four men I regularly encounter who also have lost their dads: Giants owner Peter Magowan, who told me no matter how many years pass, not a day goes by when he does not think about his father; general manager Brian Sabean, who spent years trying to run the Giants while his father was slipping a continent away; manager Bruce Bochy, whose father's love of baseball was a thread that ran through his family as the Army moved it from nation to nation; pitching coach Dave Righetti, whose father, gone 10 years now, was a minor-leaguer I wish I knew more about.

I thought about how these four men are savaged routinely nowadays, in words and phrases that used to be reserved for murderous dictators, because they run a baseball team that has been pretty bad the last four years.

Through my reportorial objectivity, which I believe I have maintained well despite any personal struggles this year, I completely understand why these figures are criticized by passionate fans who pay a pretty penny in hopes of watching winning baseball. Do they deserve it? That is for you to debate and decide in these forums. Perhaps, though, through the prism of my own experiences this year, I find it hard to understand what they have done to deserve the vicious personal enmity they endure.

Consider this a plea for civility (which I doubt will be heeded for longer than 5 minutes) toward all well-meaning people who were fortunate to have fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters who allowed them to follow their dreams.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #1337
larrymcg421
Head Coach

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Now Hudson is out for the season and Chipper is back on the 15-day DL.

It's time to play "Pin the Mark Texeira on the baseball team"!

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #1338
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If any of you read Gammons column today, you can officially close betting on whether Manny will be back next year. When Gammons spends that much time ripping on you.. wow.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #1339
MrBug708
Head Coach

Angels and D-Backs are supposed to be the finalist for Tex
Old 07-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #1340
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Angels and D-Backs are supposed to be the finalist for Tex

Why would the Angels sign him? Is he that signifigant an upgrade from Kotchman? Is it enough to offset the unity in the locker room issue?
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #1341
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Why would the Angels sign him? Is he that signifigant an upgrade from Kotchman? Is it enough to offset the unity in the locker room issue?

'Cause the Angels need hitting desperately if they are going to go deep in the playoffs. They could either use Kotchman or Tex as the DH instead of Matthews who has been horrid.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #1342
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
and the Angels win the Teixera derby.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #1343
MrBug708
Head Coach

Tex had like 140 RBI's a few years back. Angels have no offensive production outside of Vlad
Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #1344
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Tex had like 140 RBI's a few years back. Angels have no offensive production outside of Vlad

You still need guys to get on base ahead of you to get 140 RBIs, unless you jack 140 one run homers...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #1345
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Pretty good deal for the Halos there. Kotchman is above average hitter, but has little power. Marek is the key to the deal. I think the Angels have the cash to pay Tex what he'd like on a long term deal.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #1346
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I hate to see Tex leave Atlanta (being a GT guy & all) but to be honest I'm just surprised the Braves managed to get as much in return as they did.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #1347
MrBug708
Head Coach

Lackey has a no-no through 8
Old 07-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #1348
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

2 outs for a nono for Lackey
Old 07-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #1349
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am a jinx
Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #1350
SackAttack
Head Coach

Isn't this the second time Lackey's been involved in a no-no'ish type game?

I thought the game the Dodgers won 1-0 without getting a hit was a Lackey start.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote