Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #1301
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to play.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #1302
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Good game HA. That was a tough one.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #1303
Ironhead
College Prospect

Had a good game against Mike's Tar Heels tonight. Really tightly played game throughout where I just had a couple of big running plays late.

You will really need to watch those deep passes from Mike. Very good at pulling them in when matched up in 1 on 1 coverage.

Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #1304
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Damn Karl. you are nasty with Clemson.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #1305
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Damn Karl. you are nasty with Clemson.

I was really feeling it in the first half, but I gotta give you credit for fighting back in the second half. I didn't want to go for that 4th and IN, but I wasn't sure if my D could keep you out of the endzone up only 3.

GG, as always
Old 07-26-2008, 03:25 AM   #1306
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Had a good game against Mike's Tar Heels tonight. Really tightly played game throughout where I just had a couple of big running plays late.

You will really need to watch those deep passes from Mike. Very good at pulling them in when matched up in 1 on 1 coverage.

Don't give away my secrets!

Yup it ws a good game. I thought I did enough mixing up my play calling in the first half. I can't beleive the pick 6 you got he was so open I didn't believe he could make the play.
You complete owned me on that option play I had pressure form the other side, and pulled the safety up to stop your TE. oops!

How was the lag on your end? I felt like everything was in slow motion.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-26-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #1307
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Downloaded the TJsportsguy rosters and had my very first freeze. Was beating Kansas 38-18 when it froze.. not sure if it's roster related, although that was my first play now game with named rosters.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #1308
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Don't give away my secrets!

Yup it ws a good game. I thought I did enough mixing up my play calling in the first half. I can't beleive the pick 6 you got he was so open I didn't believe he could make the play.
You complete owned me on that option play I had pressure form the other side, and pulled the safety up to stop your TE. oops!

How was the lag on your end? I felt like everything was in slow motion.

The lag wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. Most games have been smooth sailing on my end but the two I played last night were a little sluggish.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #1309
Logan
Head Coach

Anyone looking to throw down?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #1310
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
The lag wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. Most games have been smooth sailing on my end but the two I played last night were a little sluggish.

I only asked because I created some sounds for UNC and was wondering if that might have had an effect.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #1311
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT View Post
What happened was that we encountered way more traffic to the server than we initially thought. Naturally we tested towards more heavy usage than estimated, but what we got was more than the over estimate!

This is from the NCAA Dev at OS. According to him they have fixed the online dynasty issues. I don't like the reason as this has been the most requested feature for a few years!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #1312
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Anyone looking to throw down?

yes
Old 07-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #1313
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good game, Mike. I thought I was done for sure once that play was reversed. I thought the non-TD play was on purpose because you wanted to run off more clock. Look forward to our next match. I'll be looking for another game with anyone later this evening.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-26-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #1314
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Good game, Mike. I thought I was done for sure once that play was reversed. I thought the non-TD play was on purpose because you wanted to run off more clock. Look forward to our next match. I'll be looking for another game with anyone later this evening.

Nope just trying to go up 2 scores, didn't care how much time was left. I was like WTF when he catches the ball in the end zone and then runs backwards to the 5 yard line!!!

Here is the play in question.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #1315
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Front Office Football Central
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 882A0001_4_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_YbJ.jpg (65.0 KB, 207 views)
Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #1316
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Should have been a TD...weird.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #1317
Logan
Head Coach

Awesome game Karl. I was legitimately tense during the whole thing. I feel like I need a nap.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #1318
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

#$@$#@$@# Great game, Logan...your pass defense did me in. Just had nobody open all game long. Guys, Logan is the real deal on both sides of the ball.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #1319
Logan
Head Coach

Haha...thanks for the (undeserved) compliment. The game was Clemson (Karl) vs. Texas Tech (me). Spiller is so god damn scary to play against. With your offensive talent, I did my best to play a bend-don't-break defense but you were still able to break off long scores with Spiller and Davis. Thankfully I was able to hook up with Crabtree for two long scores too. Your pass rush really messed me up...from the middle of my second drive thru most of the rest of the game, I didn't have a second to think.

I won in OT after Karl tied it during the closing seconds on his 3rd effort from the 1. Davis was a friggin bull on that run.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #1320
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Haha...thanks for the (undeserved) compliment. The game was Clemson (Karl) vs. Texas Tech (me). Spiller is so god damn scary to play against. With your offensive talent, I did my best to play a bend-don't-break defense but you were still able to break off long scores with Spiller and Davis. Thankfully I was able to hook up with Crabtree for two long scores too. Your pass rush really messed me up...from the middle of my second drive thru most of the rest of the game, I didn't have a second to think.

I won in OT after Karl tied it during the closing seconds on his 3rd effort from the 1. Davis was a friggin bull on that run.

Yeah, Crabtree is beast. Both of those plays I was fooled and just hoped that my cpu DB would do something positive.

The pass rush really saved me in the second half. With TTU, you're gonna have 4 wide the whole game, so somebody's gonna be open pretty quick. So on 2nd and 3rd and more than 5 yards...I tightened up the outside coverage and blitzed.

What a fantastic game, though. I probably woke up my roommate with a few "FUCK YEAH"'s and "NOOOO!!"'s
Old 07-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #1321
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Clemson is scary to play with the incredible two-headed monster in the backfield.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #1322
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well, I haven't had a freeze yet and it feels so weird playing teams with Mizzou this year. I'm not used to being so solid all around.

There are a few things I don't care for - still think there are too many INT's, we all know about punt returns.. but I like the game much better than I did 08.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #1323
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Anybody up for a game right now?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #1324
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Well, I haven't had a freeze yet and it feels so weird playing teams with Mizzou this year. I'm not used to being so solid all around.

There are a few things I don't care for - still think there are too many INT's, we all know about punt returns.. but I like the game much better than I did 08.
I'm definitely in need of some good sliders once that nonsense is fixed. Playing on Heisman made me better for playing online, but on Heisman I could only play about .500 ball with Mizzou and that's a bit too hard. I've backed down to AA and now I'm a bit too dominant. Playing with this Mizzou team, a national title should be realistic but I'd like to make it a challenge.

I'm getting in a bit of a rhythm playing with Chase now. It's fun to sling the ball around with him. Jimmy Jackson is also a terror out of the backfield in the passing game. I've had a couple of 100-yard receiving games from him. The Mizzou passing attack is just about impossible to beat if you played the spread and take what the game gives you. There is someone open on almost every play if you make the reads.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #1325
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Found a great set of sliders that have pretty much eliminated the INT problem for me.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #1326
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Found a great set of sliders that have pretty much eliminated the INT problem for me.
Do share.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #1327
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Do share.

Yes, please share. I thought I had the sliders dialed in with only 1 Int in my first 2 games, then I go out and throw 7 against UCLA!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:29 AM   #1328
Groundhog
Coordinator

Man, played Utah vs Utah State. 21 all with 2 mins left to go, ball on my own 5 yard line, I drop back to pass and I'm sacked in the endzone for a safety.

Still, was a pretty great game. I was playing on Heisman for one half but had to drop it down because I couldn't do anything except throw interceptions.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #1329
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I am playing Campus Legend right now and its okay.

The camera angles make it difficult to play. Because it flips so quickly you end up running away from the ball for a second. There are other things, too, but its too early in the morning for me to list them...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #1330
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I'm definitely in need of some good sliders once that nonsense is fixed. Playing on Heisman made me better for playing online, but on Heisman I could only play about .500 ball with Mizzou and that's a bit too hard. I've backed down to AA and now I'm a bit too dominant. Playing with this Mizzou team, a national title should be realistic but I'd like to make it a challenge.

I'm getting in a bit of a rhythm playing with Chase now. It's fun to sling the ball around with him. Jimmy Jackson is also a terror out of the backfield in the passing game. I've had a couple of 100-yard receiving games from him. The Mizzou passing attack is just about impossible to beat if you played the spread and take what the game gives you. There is someone open on almost every play if you make the reads.

Passing is sweet! That opens up the running game too. Defense is very dominant.. in fact, I know most say pass rushing is broken, but I get at least 2-4 sacks every game.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-27-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #1331
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post

The apology letter from the NCAA will be arriving at your house any day now.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #1332
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, I think the TJdasportsguy rosters are what killed my 360. I was playing a Play Now game with a guy with the same rosters (names were showing up in the game) and it froze and I got the 3 red rings of death on my 360 which I've had just short of 3 years (got it shortly after launch).

Anyhow, I got the PS3 version and I gotta tell you it's much smoother in terms of gameplay. It just feels more natural. I feel as if I can actually control the DBs and swat and intercept balls instead of jumping and hoping.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #1333
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Here are the sliders I've been using. YMMV.

Offense (Same for both sides, CPU sliders are busted)

Defense (Same on both sides)

ST (same)

Hope these work out for someone else. It's very tough to throw on the run with these though, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 07-27-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #1334
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
FWIW, I think the TJdasportsguy rosters are what killed my 360. I was playing a Play Now game with a guy with the same rosters (names were showing up in the game) and it froze and I got the 3 red rings of death on my 360 which I've had just short of 3 years (got it shortly after launch).

Anyhow, I got the PS3 version and I gotta tell you it's much smoother in terms of gameplay. It just feels more natural. I feel as if I can actually control the DBs and swat and intercept balls instead of jumping and hoping.

I've used those rosters with zero problems since they have been released.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #1335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised you don't get a ton of CPU picks with those sliders. Everytime I lowered QB accuracy, the reduced power led to the CPU throwing a bunch of picks.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-27-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #1336
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've used those rosters with zero problems since they have been released.

Hrm. Then it was just a coincidence then. I choose to blame his rosters vs. Microsoft's great workmanship.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #1337
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Where and how do you get the rosters with names on them?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #1338
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You can go to TJdasportsguy's EA locker and download them from him. He doesn't need to be a friend.

I downloaded the PS3's rosters from operation sports.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #1339
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Thank you.

Now I need to find out why I cant sign into my gamertag (drsak) to link it up to my computer to upload sounds.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #1340
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I use TJ's rosters and I've only had one freeze so far, I think it's just EA's games. I get them at random times with NHL 08 as well.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #1341
Logan
Head Coach

NCAA 09 is the greatest game of all time. Here's why:

I hauled in a pass in the corner of the end zone, and my guy dragged his feet to make it count. This got me an "achievement unlocked" popup that read "Tippy Toe! Lemon Tree!"

Fantastic.

(for you Seinfeld fans out there)
Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #1342
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Here are the sliders I've been using. YMMV.

Offense (Same for both sides, CPU sliders are busted)

Defense (Same on both sides)

ST (same)

Hope these work out for someone else. It's very tough to throw on the run with these though, so keep that in mind.

Is that for Heisman? I tried them on AA and got 6 picks off Michigan State. I usually prefer AA in NCAA, but I'm having a hard time getting awareness up to where it needs to be while not having 2-3 pick 6's a game.

Does anyone know when the sliders will be fixed? Moving the CPU awareness up with human staying at 50 would seem to be the best overall fix. Right now with awareness so high, interceptions are just too easy.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #1343
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

yes, for Heisman.

Also, don't press Y for every pass they throw. Press A. It will swat it instead. The only picks you will get is when they are throwing it away from where you are and you cant control the nearest player fast enough. This leads to a realistic amount of picks for me.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #1344
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Now this is some tough defense!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #1345
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Invisible Man strikes!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #1346
SFL Cat
College Starter

Definitely some freaky wind effects in that stadium.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #1347
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

My impression of this game is that it is very fun and despite the bugs. Normally I pass 80% of the team when I play because running the ball usually wasn't any fun. However with this game I run close to 60% of the time, out of various formations (uses motions, flips, etc) and actually feel rewarded for making the correct audible.

And I like the quick audibles because it saves me the trouble of having to manually change my audibles to the same formation so I can audible without giving away what i am doing. In my dynasty I am currently in 2015 and the different kind of players (especially at WR) adds a lot of strategy to building a team.

That being said I still won't buy Madden.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #1348
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
My impression of this game is that it is very fun and despite the bugs. Normally I pass 80% of the team when I play because running the ball usually wasn't any fun. However with this game I run close to 60% of the time, out of various formations (uses motions, flips, etc) and actually feel rewarded for making the correct audible.

And I like the quick audibles because it saves me the trouble of having to manually change my audibles to the same formation so I can audible without giving away what i am doing. In my dynasty I am currently in 2015 and the different kind of players (especially at WR) adds a lot of strategy to building a team.

That being said I still won't buy Madden.

I'm in 2012....I actually think the game does a great job of simming out games. NOT in supersim, but just the regular old sim this game button. It makes it tougher because you lose games you are supposed to...I probably play out one game a year. I have so much fun recruiting and it's very easy and intuitive...you are definitely right about the WR's as well. I just recruited a 6-7 WR. He's not as good as my other guys but I want to slot him in there just for the jump balls.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:30 AM   #1349
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
The Invisible Man strikes!

The Invisible Defense is more like it.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #1350
Kodos
Resident Alien

He's also wicked fast. Sometimes appears like there is more than one of him on the field.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-28-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote