Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #1301
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Maybe you're overlooking the obvious: he can do it because a whole lot of his supporters are likely to be on board with removing his target from the list of oxygen consumers.

It isn't that we don't know EM, it's that he's probably doing what we'd do ourselves given the same opportunity.

To be fair, you could probably do so and get away with it with a pardon in a few years, as long as you made it a federal crime.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #1302
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
To be fair, you could probably do so and get away with it with a pardon in a few years, as long as you made it a federal crime.

But there's the travel, the logistics, it's just a lot simpler matter for him than for the average Joe.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #1303
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Inauguration Parade Almost Had Tanks And Missile LaunchersÂ*

Quote:
“They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” a member of Trump’s transition team told The Huffington Post, and which jibes with his previously expressed desire for American military parades.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 01-19-2017 at 06:30 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #1304
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I tend to be skeptical of any online article that uses anonymous sources
Old 01-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #1305
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Nixon has nothing to fear from you then I guess.

Like Steam?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #1306
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Nixon has nothing to fear from you then I guess.

Woodward and Bernstein aren't working for FluffPo.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #1307
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

A few days ago Trump himself said he wanted military parades in various cities around the country so he could show off the military. Given that, this story isn't hard to believe.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #1308
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Woodward and Bernstein aren't working for FluffPo.

They worked for the Washington Post, which according to Trump, is pretty much the same thing.

Like Steam?

Old 01-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #1309
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said."

What happens next week when the investigations are stopped by the Trump admin?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #1310
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What happens next week when the investigations are stopped by the Trump admin?
Same thing that's happening now - anti-Trump people complain, pro-Trump people don't care? I'd like the actual intelligence agencies to have a grasp on it, but I don't believe there's a smoking gun that would lead to impeachment or it would've been found by now, and even if the FBI released a statement clearing or casting more doubt on him it wouldn't change 95% of people's minds, so I don't see the point of hoping for a public release of info.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #1311
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I keep seeing Democrats hedging about various appointments, proposed laws, anything else with, "Well, there could be 1 or 2 Republicans who could go against Tillerson, DeVoss, Price... they seem concerned..." In what world do these people live? When have these people shown a spine to actually do what they might think as right, as opposed to what is going to keep them in office? I saw where people think Rubio might go against Tillerson because he really grilled him on Russia. There is less than a zero percent chance Rubio would do this. He won re-election by 7%. It would be political suicide to go against Trump at any point in the next 4-8 years.

Remember when Trump said he could murder someone in the street and still have support? He's completely right. He knows the media somehow has less of an attention span than he does. He can get away with anything because the media is too lazy/scared to actually put forth the effort to do anything about it.

And I'm going to spin this the other way: When on Earth has the other side of the aisle shown ANY fortitude at all to stop corruption? You have a handful who didn't vote for the Iraqi war. Beyond that, we are looking at a group of people who do anything they can to stay in power. The democrats less than a year ago ran a primary where the top levels of the organization conspired to ensure one candidate won it.

The media? You mean the same one that chirped out lies about Obamacare? The one who painted Hillary as a living goddess while bashing Trump at every turn when his campaign ran? The one who dismissed it out of hand and didn't really get serious about attacking Trump as a candidate until mere weeks before the election?

I hate to break this to you, but we are in a world of hurt and it isn't because of (R) or (D) or the media or anything else. It's because we have all allowed ourselves to get caught up in WINNING. At all costs. The other side is evil. Every single politician lies through their teeth and very few ever get called on it. I mean, seriously called on it.

Go to politifact, which is fairly biased in what they call the truth/lies by party. They have 596 comments from Obama. He was either mostly true or completely true on 48% of them. He's by far the best we have. He tells halflies or worse 52% of the time and we go "WE LOVE YOU MR. PRESIDENT, YOU LED A GOLDEN AGE"

Ugh. Trump, by the way is at about 15%. Which is Pelosi territory. You know her, right? The minority leader for that other party? Go ahead and speak out against her and see where that lands you on the D side of the aisle, ok?

I'm for Obamacare, I'm against Trump, I hope Trump does something so stupid he gets impeached tomorrow morning. But acting like the press is giving Trump a free pass? Please.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #1312
Easy Mac

I didn't say they give him a free pass. They're too lazy, get bored too quickly, to actually deep dive into things instead of just splashing a headline, then splashing a different headline. If they put effort into reporting, they might actually report something the public would take offense to.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #1313
Easy Mac

I was perusing Senator Tim Scott's website, and the first thing on the homepage is "Applying with the Trump Administration." If you click the link, you get a 404 error that says "Sorry, but nothing exists here." I found that amusing.

Additionally, I did eventually get to the webpage about joining the trump team, and I like that it tells you that:

Quote:
Consideration is taken for possible conflicts of interest. Financial holdings and sources of income must be disclosed.Any conflicts must be remedied by divestiture, the creation of special trusts, and other actions.

First off, that's hilarious.
Secondly, I copy and pasted directly, and there's no space after the period. Do they not have grammarly on their computer?
Old 01-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #1314
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Had a pretty good chuckle reading all the articles on various liberal websites where they were lamenting how horrible the inaugural concert was because there were no 'big' names involved.

This just in: Most people don't care and you're just acting like a petulant child. I can honestly say I've never watched a minute of the inaugural concert in my 42 years on this earth. I only care what Mr. Trump does (or doesn't) do in office. That's when I'll decide if I like his presidency or not.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #1315
QuikSand
lolzcat

I did laugh.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #1316
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Had a pretty good chuckle reading all the articles on various liberal websites where they were lamenting how horrible the inaugural concert was because there were no 'big' names involved.

This just in: Most people don't care

Ahh, but the key is that Trump cares.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-20-2017 at 09:44 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #1317
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

This just in: Most people don't care and you're just acting like a petulant child. I can honestly say I've never watched a minute of the inaugural concert in my 42 years on this earth. I only care what Mr. Trump does (or doesn't) do in office. That's when I'll decide if I like his presidency or not.

We can at least agree on this point.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #1318
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Ahh, but the key is that Trump cares.

But apparently he didn't let it get in the way of achieving his goals.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #1319
Easy Mac

Code:
Buzzword Bingo Which of these exact words or phrases will Trump say? Make America Great Again 1/50 Reagan 1/5 Tremendous 1/2 ISIS 1/2 China 1/2 Incredible 1/2 Beautiful 1/2 Clinton 4/6 Huge Evens Folks Evens Israel Evens Russia Evens FBI 6/4 Great Job 6/4 Build A Wall 2/1 ObamaCare 2/1 Drain The Swamp 2/1 UK 2/1 Corrupt 2/1 Divided Nation 2/1 Hard Working Families 2/1 Hillary 2/1 Take Back Control 2/1 Founding Fathers 2/1 Putin 3/1 Fake News 3/1 Heal The Wounds 3/1 Very Sad 3/1 NATO 3/1 Mexico is Going to Pay 4/1 Brexit 4/1 Hackers 4/1 Great Guy 4/1 Washington Bubble 4/1 Climate Change 5/1 Twitter 5/1 Biased Media 5/1 Liberal Elites 5/1 Give Me A Break 5/1 Totally False 5/1 Yes We Can 5/1 Nasty 5/1 Pollsters 5/1 Scotland 6/1 Bigly 8/1 Chelsea Manning 8/1 Farage 10/1 You're Fired 10/1 Man on Mars 10/1 Buzzfeed 10/1 Garbage 16/1 Total Loser 16/1 The Apprentice 20/1 Post-Truth 25/1 Meryl Streep 25/1 Saturday Night Live 33/1 Piers Morgan 33/1 Tartan 33/1 Norway 50/1
Who wants to go in with me on some bets?

Ladbrokes
Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #1320
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
But apparently he didn't let it get in the way of achieving his goals.

Depends on what his goals were.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #1321
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Depends on what his goals were.

But he has the best goals. Tremendous goals. So many goals you won't believe.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #1322
Easy Mac

Schumer not being too subtle in digging at Trump. I can't wait to see if Trump adlibs something in.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #1323
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Schumer not being too subtle in digging at Trump. I can't wait to see if Trump adlibs something in.

Have you not been paying attention? That will come in the form of a tweet during the inaugural ball.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #1324
Easy Mac

Quote:
You will never be ignored again

Can I make sure my wife was listening to the inauguration.

Well, he didn't crap himself, so that's a positive start to his presidency.

Also, people complain about Ted Cruz's face, can we find something to call Paul Ryan's standard face? Its stuck between smug and bitter beer face.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #1325
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The ball is happening at 4am?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #1326
Dutch
"Dutch"

That was a badass speech.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #1327
cuervo72
Head Coach

MANDATORY PATRIOTISM
Old 01-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #1328
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've got my patriotic undies on today. No seriously, I really do.

Like Steam?

Old 01-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #1329
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Awesome move by both administrations to take time to greet Bob and Elizabeth Dole on the way out.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #1330
Easy Mac

Do you think that when the Clintons have an argument, Bill just says, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention, I was busy remembering how I was the one elected President."
Old 01-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #1331
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you think that when the Clintons have an argument, Bill just says, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention, I was busy remembering how I was the one elected President."

That is really funny. But I doubt those 2 have said 5 words to each other since 1998.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #1332
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Here, if you're curious, I have a few thoughts.

O Happy Day … sorta | Jon's Three Cents
Old 01-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #1333
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

LOL. An entire relationship summed up in 16 seconds of video. Hillary catches Bill checking out Ivanka Trump.

http://710wor.iheart.com/articles/po...anka-15488980/

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-20-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #1334
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You sure do spend a lot of time and energy on things you don't care about.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #1335
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
MANDATORY PATRIOTISM

You just refuted your own quip! Good job!
Old 01-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #1336
Dutch
"Dutch"

These cops are having some fun dropping those pressure grenades on the small handful of suburbanite internets protesters. I'm a little jealous.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #1337
Kodos
Resident Alien

Attached Images
File Type: png Welcome.png (140.2 KB, 138 views)
Old 01-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #1338
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Here, if you're curious, I have a few thoughts.

O Happy Day … sorta | Jon's Three Cents

We're edging into hour three. One more and you shouldn't forget to see your doctor.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #1339
wustin
College Prospect

I'm looking forward to everyone's faces when Trump does something to get kicked out of office and Pence steps in.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #1340
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Is there a good example of a country prospering with policies of protectionism and isolationism?
Old 01-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #1341
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Old 01-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #1342
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Is there a good example of a country prospering with policies of protectionism and isolationism?

Singapore?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #1343
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Singapore?

They are a founding member of ASEAN (Association of South East Nations), a huge player in the international banking scene, and over 7,000 multinational companies operate in Singapore.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #1344
Easy Mac

Antarctica. No one even tries to mess with them.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #1345
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Best Korea
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #1346
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Antarctica. No one even tries to mess with them.

Well, except melting it down of course
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #1347
cartman
Death Herald

I guess part of making America great again involves removing references to climate change and LGBT from whitehouse.gov and putting up ads for Melania's clothing lines and jewelry.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #1348
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'll never understand how some Americans believe this rich dude who has profited from the system he claims he's going to rally against will hold his word. Speaks out about Washington fat cats, while at the same time surrounding himself with the same fat cats. I liked Obama as a human being, but all the "change" stuff he spouted during his first election campaign never happened... Trump was elected on the same broken promise, just coming at it from a different angle, appealing to a different crowd.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #1349
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I liked Obama as a human being, but all the "change" stuff he spouted during his first election campaign never happened... Trump was elected on the same broken promise, just coming at it from a different angle, appealing to a different crowd.

Modern politics in a nutshell.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #1350
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Quote:

You may need to avert your eyes from so much patriotism.

Like Steam?