Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #1301
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
You're nuts. ATH and PTI are good sports TV.

I enjoy both as well
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #1302
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Oh wow, what a shock - Tebow apparently hurt his ribs pretending he was still playing in college football. First big hit = rib injury.

This will end badly. And I hope it does. A Tebow flameout will hopefully pave the way for McDaniels to get canned sooner rather than later. I'm hoping for some short-term pain (I'd be happy with a 2 win season) to improve the long-term outlook for this team. I hate rooting against my favorite team, but that's what it has come to.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #1303
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Oh wow, what a shock - Tebow apparently hurt his ribs pretending he was still playing in college football. First big hit = rib injury.

This will end badly. And I hope it does. A Tebow flameout will hopefully pave the way for McDaniels to get canned sooner rather than later. I'm hoping for some short-term pain (I'd be happy with a 2 win season) to improve the long-term outlook for this team. I hate rooting against my favorite team, but that's what it has come to.

LOL. I don't hate Tebow I guess as much as the media hype but I got to hear all the pundits laughing about how the Bengals couldn't stop Tebow on his meaningless touchdown with no time left. Welcome to the NFL where you have to play against real defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical media junk from this week View Post
After absorbing several hard hits, Tebow powered his way into the end zone on the game's final play, smacking into Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Abdul Hodge to the goal line and bowling over Kyries Hebert. That left the safety woozy, with his mouth guard lying on the ground at his feet..

Hodge and the "woozy" Hebert were both at practice this week.

Last edited by panerd : 08-19-2010 at 07:12 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #1304
Ksyrup

I hate our coach and disagree with pretty much every major decision he's made since he took over. I don't think Tebow's an NFL QB, and even if he is, I don't want him on my NFL team. And yes, I know it's stupid to hold a college grudge, but I just don't want to root for him. Best thing for me would be a package deal flameout.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #1305
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I hate our coach and disagree with pretty much every major decision he's made since he took over. I don't think Tebow's an NFL QB, and even if he is, I don't want him on my NFL team. And yes, I know it's stupid to hold a college grudge, but I just don't want to root for him. Best thing for me would be a package deal flameout.

I don't get this sentiment. Seems to me the Broncos played above expectations last year and want to play hard for their coach.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #1306
Kodos
Resident Alien

He's just mad because McDaniels hasn't even tried to trade for Brandon Jacob. Who, of course, the Giants would be foolish to ever trade.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #1307
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't get this sentiment. Seems to me the Broncos played above expectations last year and want to play hard for their coach.

I don't like anything about him. I hope they try hard, but I hope they lose a lot. I want him to be a collosal failure. I don't think I've ever hated a team I've rooted for as much as I hate this Broncos team right now. I probably won't even follow the NFL all that much this year because of this - I'll just stick mainly with college (which is where my attention has slowly been moving the past few years anyway).
Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #1308
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
He's just mad because McDaniels hasn't even tried to trade for Brandon Jacob. Who, of course, the Giants would be foolish to ever trade.

Jacob is the 2011 MVP with 0/16ths of the season done.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #1309
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So Tony Dungy wants Roger Goodell to look into Rex Ryan cursing in his locker room that was caught by HBO cameras while taping a show?! WTF?!!

OK, I like Tony Dungy and all, but he needs to spend more time making sure Michael Vick stops being a fuckup a less time worrying about head coaches using dirty language if he's really interested in the image of the league.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #1310
Ksyrup

If Brett Favre's return was really so unexpected, then I guess NBC was just lucky in happening to have the Vikings scheduled for a Sunday night game this weekend, huh?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #1311
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Who is the Jacob fellow?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #1312
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Being transplant I too don't get it. There is a group though a minority (barely) of Bronco fans that are Cutler /Shanahan supporters that will never like McDaniels even if the guy wins three SBs here in ten years. I think overall his moves are solid when looked at them longterm and in a big picture lens. The Tebow move is a bit of a head scratcher for the number of draft picks. Cutler and Marshall going I was fine with.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #1313
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I don't get it either. I was a big Shanahan supporter, but I like McDaniels and have been ok with most of his moves. Not sold on Tebow either, but I'd be happy to see him succeed. I like Orton more, though.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #1314
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Being transplant I too don't get it. There is a group though a minority (barely) of Bronco fans that are Cutler /Shanahan supporters that will never like McDaniels even if the guy wins three SBs here in ten years. I think overall his moves are solid when looked at them longterm and in a big picture lens. The Tebow move is a bit of a head scratcher for the number of draft picks. Cutler and Marshall going I was fine with.

As a Packer fan, I'm familiar with this 'fan' dynamic given the whole Favre/Thompson drama. I say 'fan' because I don't understand how you can root against your favorite team especially at the beginning of the season. Now, 0-9 and you want the rest of the season to go to crap so you can get the 1st overall pick and fire those responsible.. eh, ok. But, from the start you want the team to suck.. that I don't understand and will never understand even after the most passioned explanation.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #1315
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Agreed - once you've reached that level of rooting against your team...what's the point? Why are you following sports if it makes you so miserable?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #1316
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I don't get it either. I was a big Shanahan supporter, but I like McDaniels and have been ok with most of his moves. Not sold on Tebow either, but I'd be happy to see him succeed. I like Orton more, though.

Agree.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #1317
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
As a Packer fan, I'm familiar with this 'fan' dynamic given the whole Favre/Thompson drama. I say 'fan' because I don't understand how you can root against your favorite team especially at the beginning of the season. Now, 0-9 and you want the rest of the season to go to crap so you can get the 1st overall pick and fire those responsible.. eh, ok. But, from the start you want the team to suck.. that I don't understand and will never understand even after the most passioned explanation.

You might not understand it, but I can try to explain it anyway...

I guess it boils down to the fact that I chose my "favorite teams" 30 years ago based mostly on the players and not the teams/cities themselves. That's why it's easier for me to root for the Tigers/Lions today, because I was born in Detroit and still relate to the teams and their fans/city.

With Denver, I was a big Randy Gradishar/Steve Watson fan, and then of course Elway when he ended up there. With the Phillies, Steve Carlton was my idol growing up. I cried when Elway won the SB. Since he retired, I don't really have a player I follow as a "favorite" anymore, whether they are on my teams or not. I'm just too old for that nonsense these days. So it makes it easier for me to root for home town teams or colleges. I still have some connection to these teams that I don't have to my favorite teams.

So basically, while I still consider the Broncos to be my favorite NFL team, I'm not really tied to them like I used to be. I'll root for them on my own terms, and not unconditionally like I used to when I was attached to the players. It's just an organization in a city I've visited twice in my life at this point.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-19-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #1318
Ksyrup

Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin collapsed while watching practice Thursday and was taken away in an ambulance.

Migraine, who suffers from severe migraine headaches, vomited and then fell to the ground, the Star Tribune reported.

That's pretty cruel of ESPN.com to taunt Harvin with the nickname "Migraine."
Old 08-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #1319
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
You might not understand it, but I can try to explain it anyway...

I guess it boils down to the fact that I chose my "favorite teams" 30 years ago based mostly on the players and not the teams/cities themselves. That's why it's easier for me to root for the Tigers/Lions today, because I was born in Detroit and still relate to the teams and their fans/city.

With Denver, I was a big Randy Gradishar/Steve Watson fan, and then of course Elway when he ended up there. With the Phillies, Steve Carlton was my idol growing up. I cried when Elway won the SB. Since he retired, I don't really have a player I follow as a "favorite" anymore, whether they are on my teams or not. I'm just too old for that nonsense these days. So it makes it easier for me to root for home town teams or colleges. I still have some connection to these teams that I don't have to my favorite teams.

So basically, while I still consider the Broncos to be my favorite NFL team, I'm not really tied to them like I used to be. I'll root for them on my own terms, and not unconditionally like I used to when I was attached to the players. It's just an organization in a city I've visited twice in my life at this point.

So, fuck Denver and come back into the fold! We will accept you as our wayward son who lost his way, but has since seen the light. Embrace the Lions. Help restore the roar!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #1320
Ksyrup

I have always rooted for the Lions. I remember that game a few years ago that the Lions destroyed the Broncos - I was more embarrassed than upset, as I recall.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #1321
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Percy Harvin has some major issues. The doctors need to sit down and figure out what is wrong with him before he is lost. You would think it has something to do with stress or blood pressure but the doctors have no idea at this point.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #1322
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I feel really bad for Harvin. I agree that his issues seem pretty serious--not just "can't play football" serious, but "can't get out of bed" serious. I hope that he figures out what is wrong and is able to fix it.

And, as a fan of the game, I want to see him playing. He's really fun and dynamic to watch.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #1323
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I feel really bad for Harvin. I agree that his issues seem pretty serious--not just "can't play football" serious, but "can't get out of bed" serious. I hope that he figures out what is wrong and is able to fix it.

And, as a fan of the game, I want to see him playing. He's really fun and dynamic to watch.

I'm a hard-core Gator hater, but I never really hated Percy. Hope they figure out what is going on.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #1324
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin collapsed while watching practice Thursday and was taken away in an ambulance.

Migraine, who suffers from severe migraine headaches, vomited and then fell to the ground, the Star Tribune reported.

That's pretty cruel of ESPN.com to taunt Harvin with the nickname "Migraine."

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #1325
Ksyrup

It's also a pretty unoriginal nickname.

Seriously, though, I hope he's able to figure this out, and of course get back on the field. Just not with the Broncos...
Old 08-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #1326
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I have always rooted for the Lions. I remember that game a few years ago that the Lions destroyed the Broncos - I was more embarrassed than upset, as I recall.

If you felt anything other than pure joy and elation at that game, then you're not rooting hard enough for the Lions.

Everyone feels embarassed when they lose to the Lions. And they should. Hell, people feel embarassed if they even just barely beat the Lions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #1327
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
OK, I like Tony Dungy and all, but he needs to spend more time making sure Michael Vick stops being a fuckup a less time worrying about head coaches using dirty language if he's really interested in the image of the league.

Dungy just wants the attention. I can't believe he actually still gets press. He's quickly becoming the Jesse Jackson of the NFL. Why does a guy with the family problems he has(yes I went there) want to get in the personal businesses of other people so eagerly.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-19-2010 at 04:43 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #1328
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Don't blame Brett when he isn't beating the dead horse - NFL - CBSSports.com Football
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #1329
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Dungy just wants the attention. I can't believe he actually still gets press. He's quickly becoming the Jesse Jackson of the NFL. Why does a guy with the family problems he has(yes I went there) want to get in the personal businesses of other people so eagerly.

I agree with you 100%
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #1330
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
If you felt anything other than pure joy and elation at that game, then you're not rooting hard enough for the Lions.

Everyone feels embarassed when they lose to the Lions. And they should. Hell, people feel embarassed if they even just barely beat the Lions.

The funny thing is, we happened to be visiting family in Detroit that weekend, and I have a Broncos license plate guard. So I took a ton of crap that weekend.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #1331
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
The funny thing is, we happened to be visiting family in Detroit that weekend, and I have a Broncos license plate guard. So I took a ton of crap that weekend.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #1332
Groundhog
Coordinator

LOL

Man, he may play on the other side of the ball, but that token effort of a tackle by #35 is pretty laugh-worthy.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #1333
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
T.O.'s open letter to Cincy fans:

An open letter from Terrell Owens | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

Quote:
Dear Bengals Nation,

Feb. 6, 2011 is now marked on my calendar with a big orange circle. As I joined the Cincinnati Bengals and continue my career I'm very excited with the opportunity to be in pursuit of the championship.

First off, I'm thankful to Mike Brown and the Bengals organization for giving me another opportunity to play football.

Second, I'm certain in life nothing is guaranteed - but for us to win the Super Bowl it will take a total team effort.

Third, I'm promising you that the focus will be stronger than you've ever seen it. Life isn't always easy but it's the bumps along the way that makes you stronger. With my "me against the world" mentality as a young man, I've learned that life can be more challenging but I've matured.

If it wasn't for the support of my grandmother and the love of my family and true friends, I would be lost. My faith, confidence and maturity keeps me strong and focused on more than just T.O.

The Bengals are now my extended family and I look forward to learning more about your city, teammates, coaches and you all. This is my home and I'm happy to be in the Midwest. I'm confident in our team's chances of winning the title, so anything less than the playoffs is unacceptable to us. It will definitely take a fight but if my gut is correct, Who Dey Nation will be proud this season. I signed here for a reason.

With hard work and unity, this team will restore power and respect. We're focused on playing in Texas on Feb. 6. Just take a look at my calendar, the date is saved. Let's make the Jungle roar this season!

Yours truly,

Terrell Owens aka T.O. aka "I'm Batman!"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #1334
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Had me fooled at one time. (Cowboys fan)
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #1335
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

TO will be fine this year. Just can't keep him around for the 2nd.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-20-2010 at 06:18 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #1336
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Ksyrup,
What is your exact reason for all the McDaniels hate? Is it because he came from Belichick's New England org or just because of the move to get rid of Cutler? Also, how can you call your self a true fan of the Broncos when you openly root for them to lose and fail overall. First off no way they get rid of McDaniel for at least three more season regardless how bad they look. Bowen has pretty much got no choice but for this guy to succeed.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-20-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #1337
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If either Kolb or Carson Palmer get hurt those teams are going to have really shitty QBs.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #1338
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If either Kolb or Carson Palmer get hurt those teams are going to have really shitty QBs.

Sometimes I wake up during the middle of the night with terrible visions of Curtis Painter in a Colts uniform and not holding a clipboard.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #1339
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've turned on moments of three preseason games, and they've ALL been gotdamned Bengals games, and they've all been fucking terrible. Thanks to whoever is responsible for that.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #1340
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Ksyrup,
What is your exact reason for all the McDaniels hate? Is it because he came from Belichick's New England org or just because of the move to get rid of Cutler? Also, how can you call your self a true fan of the Broncos when you openly root for them to lose and fail overall. First off no way they get rid of McDaniel for at least three more season regardless how bad they look. Bowen has pretty much got no choice but for this guy to succeed.

Not speaking for Ksyrup here but McD came in and basically put all his card on the table. He cleared out their two best players and said we'll win my way. He started off hot and has fizzled since. It's one thing to be a new coach, but from an outsider perspective he just came in and acted like he was Belichick and not some 34 year old rookie coach and to me that is wrong.

I agree McDaniels deserves three years, but I'd be shocked if he lasted that long.

And trust me as a Lions fan you can root against your team and still be a fan because sometimes it takes the worst for the best to happen.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #1341
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought the Tebow pick was not about football talent. Rather to solidify and grow the fanbase with the rich white evangelicals who surround the market.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #1342
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I've turned on moments of three preseason games, and they've ALL been gotdamned Bengals games, and they've all been fucking terrible. Thanks to whoever is responsible for that.

Agreed. Me too.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #1343
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

has anyone from the belichek coaching tree been successful?

i'm not a denver fan but that last shanahan team seemed pretty dialed in on offense. bunch of good young players and even without a defense they were good enough to contend in the west for years to come.

now it's a bunch of question marks. i'm all for team first effort guys but talent is talent. a good coach makes it work. tuna didn't hesitate top grab marshall and throw a bunch of money at him. why exactly couldn't mcdaniels make it work?
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #1344
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Not speaking for Ksyrup here but McD came in and basically put all his card on the table. He cleared out their two best players and said we'll win my way. He started off hot and has fizzled since. It's one thing to be a new coach, but from an outsider perspective he just came in and acted like he was Belichick and not some 34 year old rookie coach and to me that is wrong.

I agree McDaniels deserves three years, but I'd be shocked if he lasted that long.

And trust me as a Lions fan you can root against your team and still be a fan because sometimes it takes the worst for the best to happen.

WHAT? Are you serious? When has that ever happened for the Lions?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #1345
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
has anyone from the belichek coaching tree been successful?

i'm not a denver fan but that last shanahan team seemed pretty dialed in on offense. bunch of good young players and even without a defense they were good enough to contend in the west for years to come.

now it's a bunch of question marks. i'm all for team first effort guys but talent is talent. a good coach makes it work. tuna didn't hesitate top grab marshall and throw a bunch of money at him. why exactly couldn't mcdaniels make it work?

Not to start a Marshall discussion but the guy decided not to play in the biggest game of the season that would to determine if they made the playoffs. I thought the fact the Broncos were 8-8 at considering a new offensive scheme and coaches as well as about 40-50% roster turnover was a success. Shanahan and his zone blocking cut block oline style was ready to go.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-21-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #1346
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My god, I may have to change my prediction of Cutler lasting 4 games to about...2. Five freakin' sacks in a half. Against Oakland.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #1347
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Sometimes I wake up during the middle of the night with terrible visions of Curtis Painter in a Colts uniform and not holding a clipboard.

True.

I miss Sorgi.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #1348
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

It's great. I've been getting the Sunday Ticket for over ten years and during the really bad stretch there was maybe one Sunday night game on national tv every 2 or 3 years. (Usually a blowout loss to Pittsburgh or Baltimore) Last year they were on local tv like 6 times and this year they actually have 3 scheduled national games and a lot of matchups that could get picked up (New England, Indy, Baltimore, New Orleans, Pittsburgh). I can't wait to get rid of Sunday Ticket and drop the shitty directv service and go to dish network or cable if they start showing up 8-9 times a year locally. The only part that sucks is having to hear about Chad Johnson and TO for the entire broadcast when Benson is a stud, Gresham is a star in the making, and their defense is pretty damned good.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #1349
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
It's great. I've been getting the Sunday Ticket for over ten years and during the really bad stretch there was maybe one Sunday night game on national tv every 2 or 3 years. (Usually a blowout loss to Pittsburgh or Baltimore) Last year they were on local tv like 6 times and this year they actually have 3 scheduled national games and a lot of matchups that could get picked up (New England, Indy, Baltimore, New Orleans, Pittsburgh). I can't wait to get rid of Sunday Ticket and drop the shitty directv service and go to dish network or cable if they start showing up 8-9 times a year locally. The only part that sucks is having to hear about Chad Johnson and TO for the entire broadcast when Benson is a stud, Gresham is a star in the making, and their defense is pretty damned good.

We decided a few years ago it is more fun to go to a bar for the games not on national TV.

I said to my wife the other night during the broadcast that I am already getting sick of the Chad Johnson/ TO nonsense.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #1350
StLee
High School Varsity

The Saints' offense sure knows how to make a preseason game fun to watch!

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote