Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 09:10 AM   #1301
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked

Sorry for not naming you.

Between closing on the condo, huge meetings at work, packing, and OOTP testing, I'm even more scatter brained than usual.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #1302
Adamski47
High School JV

Too bad velocity is still not considered. It should have an effect on stealing bases along with the pitcher's ability to hold runners on.

Weather should be there too. Silly.
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #1303
Stevebsfan
n00b

Thanks Troy, i'm glad to hear about the stats, hopefully it's confirmed. I'd like to be able to look back many years, possibly even select a year, but i'll take last year and 2 years ago as a start. It will at least get me playing again. Looking back 5-10 year won't be a game breaker.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 AM   #1304
Stevebsfan
n00b

... oops, browser messed up and posted twice

Last edited by Stevebsfan : 06-22-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Stevebsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #1305
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Another guy is looking at imports from 6.5 and what is happening there.

Excellent!!

I would also like to see mph mean something in ootp. Seeing closers in 6.5 who top out at 89 mph just.. just... well, reminds me of Izzy and all. Is there a chance Markus can make that rating mean something?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #1306
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Excellent!!

I would also like to see mph mean something in ootp. Seeing closers in 6.5 who top out at 89 mph just.. just... well, reminds me of Izzy and all. Is there a chance Markus can make that rating mean something?

What's wrong with closers that top out at 89? Seems like that describes a handful of successful guys (like Hoffman and fomerly Foulke)...
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #1307
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's wrong with closers that top out at 89? Seems like that describes a handful of successful guys (like Hoffman and fomerly Foulke)...

Yeah.. I can see a few who do.. and Izzy has been effective.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #1308
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

For those that have found a way to go ahead and play this game (I FM'ed myself out last week, so I'm back), what is the difference between a catcher's position rating at catcher and their catching ability rating?

I think I saw this one on the fix list, but how in the world did this game get past beta and v1.00 without keeping positional filters in tact on the roster pages? Still amazed at how unpolished things are.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #1309
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Someone mentioned this before, but the customizable views and filters definitely kick ass. Easily the coolest thing I've ran across in this game yet.

Allows you to do stuff like this...

Last edited by sovereignstar : 06-23-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #1310
CraigSca
Pro Starter

That's in patch 1.02 - which, for some reason, is not available yet.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #1311
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Its not completed and tested yet - which is why its not available ... (nothing too sinister there I'm afraid, sorry to stop any speculation before it started) ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #1312
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Is there an MLB roster file anywhere yet?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #1313
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Its not completed and tested yet - which is why its not available ... (nothing too sinister there I'm afraid, sorry to stop any speculation before it started) ...

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm just a little less than patient
how do you know?

Old 06-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #1314
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Is there an MLB roster file anywhere yet?

I know they were working on a massive project for MLB with all real rookies for all levels. Think it was Cubby and somebody. Check the mods forum or something like that.

Edit: Here's the MLB quickstart thread http://ootpdevelopments.com/board/sh...d.php?t=123258
Here's the Cubby/Rolen roster thread http://ootpdevelopments.com/board/sh...d.php?t=121849

There are tons of logos, roster sets, facepacks, etc.

Last edited by miked : 06-23-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #1315
miked
College Starter

Dola- Looks like the roster isn't out yet. The quickstart I believe is an imported 6.5 league with all the logos and everything in correct format (png instead of bmp). People are reporting some wacky stats though, and I'm not sure if it's complete with all minors.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #1316
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:

Actually customizable views and filters were in the release version. The next patch simply fixes the issue of the filters not sticking.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #1317
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
For those that have found a way to go ahead and play this game (I FM'ed myself out last week, so I'm back), what is the difference between a catcher's position rating at catcher and their catching ability rating?

Uh.. yeah. Could someone that has an inside look into this?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #1318
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Patch 2 update

Quote:
Patch 2 update (6/26/2006)
Apologies for any lack of communication the past week. I've been away on vacation. Here is a list of the current fixes for patch 2 being tested currently.

Markus arrives in London tomorrow and on the agenda will be the demo length (real time limit of 14 days) and the release schedule for patch2.

- Fixed a series of memory leaks causing the game to perform badly the longer it was left open and simming
- Improved the memory footprint of the game when handling large amounts of data
- Improved loading time and game speed
- Trade offers no longer expire after using the back button
- The game now remembers position filters when on the lineup or ratings page
- The free agent pool after creating a league no longer contains top prospects
- Player list now sorted by last names instead of first names
- Fixed scrollbar bug on player history page and other pages
- The AI no longer adjusts lineups for human teams when managing a game
- Fixed problems with the usage of depth chart settings
- Added Wild Pitches to the team pitching stats table
- Added passed balls to the team fielding stats table
- Added player league level to the options available in the filter dialog for player lists
- Tweaked Passed Ball and Wild Pitch frequencies
- Tweaked player position rating calculation & importing
- Fixed importing of OOTP 6.5 HBP ratings
- Middle Relievers are valued less in trades
- Adjusted salaries for closers
- Improved 40-man roster selection AI
- Improved bullpen AI
- Tweaked injury severeness
- Fixed rare crash when viewing league history
- Schedule evaluation report doesn't include spring training now
- Improved retiring logic
- Improved contract offering AI if computer teams have lots of money available
- Added two new stat splits: Last Year and 2 Years Ago
- Added an option to automatically delete retired players who never reached the major leagues, saving memory
- Fixed problems with the name database when importing OOTP 6.x leagues
- Fixed importing of HBP, balk and WP ratings from OOTP 6.x leagues
- Added an option to the preferences dialog to select the use of page selectors for sortable lists
- Added accomplishments section to league history
- Fixed crash issues
- Improved pinch-hitting AI
- Tweaked starting pitcher endurance
- Tweaked player aging
- Added milestones to player history summary
- Scrollable player & coaches lists now remember their position
#227 - Fixed wildcard scheduling opponent in initial playoff round
#1694 - Fixed problems with the AI going over the salary cap through trades
#1747 - Fixed problems with releasing player during the offseason, sometimes additional money was added to team expenses
#1770 - Fixed Rule 5 Draft scheduling problems

Indicates new since last update

Do you guys really think the AI will finally be fix after all these versions? I have doubts because Markus always says "Improve AI" on all his patches he release in the past.

I really hope with SI this time the AI bugs finally gets fix.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #1319
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Patch 2 update

Do you guys really think the AI will finally be fix after all these versions? I have doubts because Markus always says "Improve AI" on all his patches he release in the past.

I really hope with SI this time the AI bugs finally gets fix.

Only time will tell if the "dream team" can push this game to the next level. I wonder if Olajuwon is on this team?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #1320
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Only time will tell if the "dream team" can push this game to the next level. I wonder if Olajuwon is on this team?

Playing through this build at the moment and running through a long term sim test.

I nthe previous build, movement was down, but not down enough. I'm anxious to see how many improvements have been made with this patch.

I'm focusing soley on the long term AI of the game. Simming through 30+ seasons at a time and trying to look for glitches and things that don't add up.

There are some really good people testing this thing and we've had some terrific discussions on 40 man roster AI decisions, stats vs. ratings decisions, salary for different positions, etc.

As of now, I'm leaving my opinions of what I think and don't think can be fixed at the door. You won't be hearing a ton of negative feedback from me until the public release patch is out. I'm not under any NDA, but I don't feel it's fair to bash Markus or Marc or the game until the testing is done and the final patch released. On the flip side, I'm not going to run around screaming "THE GAME IS GREAT, BUY IT NOW" either.

I'll give some thoughts on certain builds, both positive and negative however.

I'll post some initial thoughts on this build tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #1321
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Uh.. yeah. Could someone that has an inside look into this?

I would guess one is simply a rating of familiarity with the position, while the other is a rating of actual ability at the position.

Kind of like how you can have a guy with 20 fielding at shortstop, but range of, say, 10. He's not a real athletic shortstop, but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes with the glove.

A 20/10 catcher for catcher rating and catcher ability rating would probably be a guy who can catch the ball, but doesn't necessarily have the footwork necessary to be successful at throwing runners out.

He might have a great arm, say, but be only average at getting out of the crouch and getting the ball down to 2nd/3rd.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:54 AM   #1322
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
As of now, I'm leaving my opinions of what I think and don't think can be fixed at the door. You won't be hearing a ton of negative feedback from me until the public release patch is out. I'm not under any NDA, but I don't feel it's fair to bash Markus or Marc or the game until the testing is done and the final patch released. On the flip side, I'm not going to run around screaming "THE GAME IS GREAT, BUY IT NOW" either.

You mean you're leaving the opinions for us at the door, right? You're sharing your opinions with the testing team, correct?
how do you know?

Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #1323
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
You mean you're leaving the opinions for us at the door, right? You're sharing your opinions with the testing team, correct?

Of course.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #1324
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Playing through this build at the moment and running through a long term sim test.

I nthe previous build, movement was down, but not down enough. I'm anxious to see how many improvements have been made with this patch.

I'm focusing soley on the long term AI of the game. Simming through 30+ seasons at a time and trying to look for glitches and things that don't add up.

There are some really good people testing this thing and we've had some terrific discussions on 40 man roster AI decisions, stats vs. ratings decisions, salary for different positions, etc.

Can't wait to hear how the game is progressing... or regressing.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #1325
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:

Troy,

I'm assuming from your post that you were added to the 'Dream Team' beta group. If so, that's a very, very good thing. Either way, would you be willing to post your examples of bad waiver/transaction AI in this thread. I know it may seem redundant considering you have a direct line to Markus, but IMO we need as many "important" posts in that thread as possible, otherwise it will likely be filled with people's personal pet peeves.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #1326
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755
Troy,

I'm assuming from your post that you were added to the 'Dream Team' beta group. If so, that's a very, very good thing. Either way, would you be willing to post your examples of bad waiver/transaction AI in this thread. I know it may seem redundant considering you have a direct line to Markus, but IMO we need as many "important" posts in that thread as possible, otherwise it will likely be filled with people's personal pet peeves.

I have been added to the "dream team" beta group. I'll be more than happy to add anything tonight.

I simmed through one 45 season test last night and started another long run today. I'll compare the two and see what happens.

Early, early, early thoughts on the first test (I had about ten minutes to go through things this morning, not a lot of time):

1) Less movement from the AI, but still a bit much. They are still tweaking their 40 man rosters more frequently than I'd like. I may test a run tonight without 40 man rosters and see how the AI reacts.

2) Looking through the hall of famers, there were a lot more hitters than pitchers in it. I have no idea what the reasons are at this point or if anything is wrong there.

3) There was a dominant hitter in the sim test. The guy had like 15 all star appearences, 6 MVP's, hit 800 HR and had 3300+ hits. He was a 1B.

4) When looking through the hall of fame pitchers I found something pretty cool: The guy ended up winning something like 258 games or so. Around age 31 or 32 he was traded when he was at his peak in performence. I rolled my eyes and went "good lord, what the hell". Then I looked at the trade. He was shipped for one of the top three hitters in the league and a prospect. The team he was traded to needed pitching badly and the team he was traded from needed hitting in the worst way. Very nicely done.

5) It seemed more HOF players played with only 1 or 2 teams throughout their careers and in looking at about 7 or 8 of them, none finished their career in the minors.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:38 AM   #1327
cougarfreak
College Starter

What years were your sim run, and did you use the model historical stats option? I'm assuming fictional players.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #1328
TroyF
Coordinator

fictional players, I started from 2006 on, default settings
Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #1329
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Troy

Looking forward to your honest review with the AI for waivers, trades, releases, minor league promotions and demotions,etc
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #1330
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Me too! I want you guys to be happy!
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #1331
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy
Me too! I want you guys to be happy!

No matter what you guys think of OOTP or Markus, I can promise you the quote above is true.

I asked Marc what I could/couldn't say about the beta builds. He told me to fire away and say anything I wanted. That's stand up IMHO. It's MY decision not to be very critical until the final build is released. I don't think it's fair to be part of the process testing things and then slamming the game. Marc, Markus and SI have all been stand up to this point.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #1332
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I think Markus, Marc and SI are stand-up guys and will do their darndest to get the game up to snuff. However, I don't think everyone's going to be happy. Not because it won't eventually become a great game, but because there's always going to be someone somewhere who thinks the AI stinks because he can trade Mr. A for Mr. B. There will ALWAYS be someone...
how do you know?

Old 06-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #1333
miked
College Starter

My brief thoughts on the beta patch. First off, Markus has been checking in pretty often and trying to address our concerns. I think part of the problem with some of the issues is that the player evaluation seems to be some secretive, hidden code. Compared to 6.5, where you could set percentages based on certain weights, it's apparently been incorporated in and can't be changed by the user. That is why the AI seems to make some wacky decisions, IMO.

As for the 40-man thing, it's getting better with each iteration. Initially, I couldn't even keep track of 1 day's worth of moves, but the AI still tends to put guys that don't even make the roster on the 40-man. And I'm not just talking about Rule 5ers. I'll have to look in more detail when I get home, but it appears to me that when the AI has a small need, say a SS, it claims every single SS it can find on the waiver wire, and then assigns some of them before deciding which one to use. The when it decides it didn't promote a guy and doesn't really need him, it waives him.

It is getting better, but I think the way the computer handles the 40-man still needs work, and that will solve many of the hyper-active waivers and promotion/demotion stuff.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #1334
SackAttack
Head Coach

I wonder if part of the problem might not be the delayed reaction with contract signings.

The computer is going apeshit over waiver claims because, well, if it hasn't got an alternative in the minors, it has no alternative.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #1335
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Markus speaks on the AI.

Quote:
Lightbulb Bad AI? Specifics please
I'm reading the statement "bad AI" often here, but most of the time without any examples. So, I'd like you to post the AI issues that really disappoint you the most, with an example if possible.

I'm currently working hard to tackle all AI issues, so this thread will help to ensure that I don't miss any.

So far in patch 2 we have greatly improved the bullpen usage, 40-man roster handling, retirement logic and made the overall roster AI less "transaction-happy"...

Please post here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=125429

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #1336
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Markus speaks on the AI.

He's not really speaking on the AI, he's asking people to e very specific about their AI complaints considering most people just whine about the terrible AI and don't provide any examples.

He's replied a few times in that thread, but I'm not sure how he's going to fix what everyone is complaining about. I have a feeling most of this will be potential patch 3 material...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #1337
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
He's not really speaking on the AI, he's asking people to e very specific about their AI complaints considering most people just whine about the terrible AI and don't provide any examples.

He's replied a few times in that thread, but I'm not sure how he's going to fix what everyone is complaining about. I have a feeling most of this will be potential patch 3 material...

true

Kinda odd he asking this late in the process and he didnt just look in the OOTPBB 2006: Technical Support Forum. They reported a lot there already about the AI.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #1338
miked
College Starter

Quote:
true

Kinda odd he asking this late in the process and he didnt just look in the OOTPBB 2006: Technical Support Forum. They reported a lot there already about the AI.

Eh, it's sort of scattered in that forum between what are real problems and what's nitpicking. He's trying to consolidate it and is obviously feeling confident in the progress of patch 2 to try and either reach a little or tackle as many of these small issues (sac bunts, winning run scoring while fielders turn DP with 0 outs, etc). Who knows how much of it is actually possible...
Old 06-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #1339
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

On the Beta Patch (and in general...)

I'm frustrated in general. Not so much at the fact that they're trying to get it right, but the fact that we're dealing with these issues at all. There are major flaws that we're still seeing in this game that mostly likely aren't going to go away.

It's almost as if, when we fix one problem with a beta patch, that other problems that didn't exist before crop up. That to me, is really, really disappointing.

Like I said, I have no issues with progress. But it seems to me that there is SO much crammed into this game and that they tried to do, that while it might give them a foundation for future editions of what might turn out to be a decent game (I'm reserving the whole "excellent" comment because I still think there are too many issues to be worked out), I am not convinced at this moment that it's going to even have the sort of long-term playability that previous versions have had for me.

And for a person who LOVES the OOTP concept because of what it allows me to do and what sort of depth it gives to my dynasties and the range in which I can create and develop, this latest version comes up extremely short in its ability to satisfy -- especially from the perspective of a solo player.

My hope is that, with all of the prodding and posting from those of us on this "dream team" will get the game to a point where it's stable and persistently playable.

I'm not a nitpicker like some of the folks -- dream teamers excluded..they've been great -- who are complaining about every little sort of thing as if the game is going to make them feel as if they are Billy Beane or Brian Cashman sitting as a wheeler and dealer.

But, I do think that this game -- even in spite of what it lacks -- in previous versions didn't frustrate me NEARLY to the degree that this version has. And the worst part is, it's almost as if when you bring something up there is this big surprise like "what? it doesn't work? well, gee..we didn't know that" and you feel like there would have been a ton of this sort of basic, rudimentary work that had been done before..and yet, it took a lot of people shelling out a lot of cash for a product they thought was finished, only to find out that now they had to get together and do some work pro bono to make it work the way it should've or how the people testing it originally should've done.

The fact is, for people who really enjoy the game or frankly..want an extremely immersive baseball sim, there aren't a ton of options out there. More than before, sure, but..its not a huge field. This game had strengths and has seemingly sold them out for the possibility of getting better in the future.

The gamble there is, the future might contain the usual cast of "fanboys", but the serious game who actually spends money on the game is less likely to shell out the cash, especially when buying text sims are impulse purchases to begin with.

I mean, even if a console or boxed game is bad..I can usually justify the purchase.

Not always the case with a text sim that might get purchased, downloaded and played briefly before its forgotten about on a massive hard drive for some other game.

I have hope that it'll get better sooner than later, but that will remain to be seen. The fact that I've lost more universes in this iteration of the game, in not quite a month...than in any of the previous editions combined.

As overwhelming as a game like EHM was when I purchased it late last year, I managed to delve in and the game engrossed me a lot...more than I'd expect a hockey game to. OOTP is built to be the sort of game with that same sort of replayability, immersiveness and just endless possibilities.

But if the fundamentals aren't there, all we're doing is paying money to ask someone to eventually create a game that might be worthwhile to play.

I have hope, but I'd like to have more than that...as we get further into this. We. shall. see.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-28-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:09 PM   #1340
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dola --

Marc and all of them have been very responsive throughout the process and it's been a good experience and I'm glad I'm able to contribute. That post was more a culmination of my experience with the game from Day 1 to now, because I'd been holding back from a post like that until I felt like I had a handle on exactly what I'd thought.

That said, I do hope things get better as we go on and have confidence that they'll do their best to at least try to make that happen and that's all you can ask from people.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #1341
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
On the Beta Patch (and in general...)

I'm frustrated in general. Not so much at the fact that they're trying to get it right, but the fact that we're dealing with these issues at all. There are major flaws that we're still seeing in this game that mostly likely aren't going to go away.

It's almost as if, when we fix one problem with a beta patch, that other problems that didn't exist before crop up. That to me, is really, really disappointing.
Have you been part of a beta team before? This is how it works, you fix two problems and then another comes out. Fixing problems causes other ones most the time. Especially in a game like this that is so reliant upon how the AI works. But eventually it should all work out.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #1342
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Have you been part of a beta team before? This is how it works, you fix two problems and then another comes out. Fixing problems causes other ones most the time. Especially in a game like this that is so reliant upon how the AI works. But eventually it should all work out.

I'm not frustrated with the process at all. That rant was weeks old and just never made its way out.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:22 AM   #1343
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
I'm not frustrated with the process at all. That rant was weeks old and just never made its way out.
Ah I see
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #1344
Marc Duffy
SI Games

There are so many different opinions on things it's actually quite hard to get as handle on what is important which is why we're trying to get people into one thread and consolidate the core issues.
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #1345
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Marc Duffy Update:

Quote:
OOTP Baseball 2006 Patch 2 update
So. three weeks into the development of the second patch for OOTP Baseball 2006 we're ready to show our hand a little and give you some news on progress and a release schedule.

The original plan I had was to release one big patch at the end of July that fixed everything to the best of our ability. I made this feeling known to you guys and I've listened and followed closely your reaction. Part of the reason I wanted to have one big patch actually proved to be a reason for debate in my own mind ... it threw up plenty of "what ifs" and "why nots" in my own mind. Sometimes, you just have to hold your hands up and admit that perhaps the original plan was not right.

What if the patch had new problems?
Why not release it in stages?
What if the patch didnt correct the major issues.?
Why not let people have the fixes as quickly as possible?

Therefore, there has been a change of plan

Thanks to many of your posts we are going to release patch 2 work in progress builds over July, with the first version due next Friday 7th July. We'll refer to these builds as WIP builds.

They are fully functional, they are stable, they are fully supported and each version of this WIP 1.0.2 patch we release WILL have the fixes of the last (but each one will have new fixes we've put in since the last one).

The first one is perhaps the most important since it addresses some of the speed and memory issues and this is partly why we want you to have it now.

This means that

1. If you are someone who wants to have the fixes we are working on and you want to play every WIP 1.0.2 patch ... you simply download and install them as you would normally. They'll work in conjunction with each other and they are save game compatible.

2. If you'd like to wait for the final version of 1.0.2 rather than get these WIP builds in between you can. We'll announce when the final build is out.

We've desperately tried to listen to what you guys say, and we're certainly trying to keep the two camps happy. Those that want it now choose option 1, those that would prefer we don't rush can monitor the board feedback and select option 2

Whats New in 1.0.2 **This list will grow by next Friday ... this is not the final list for the first WIP build**

-----

Added Features

- Added wild pitches to the team pitching stats table
- Added passed balls to the team fielding stats table
- Added player league level to the custom filter and view options for player lists
- Added two new stat splits: Last Year and 2 Years Ago
- Added an option to automatically delete retired players who never reached the major leagues, saving memory
- Added an option to the preferences dialog to select the use of page selectors for sortable lists
- Added accomplishments section to league history
- Added milestones to player history summary

Fixes / Improvements

#227 - Fixed wildcard scheduling opponent in initial playoff round
#1486 - Trade offers no longer expire after using the back button
#1609 - Pages with scrolling lists now remember where you were when you leave the page and return
#1694 - Fixed problems with the AI going over the salary cap through trades
#1710 - Fixed a series of memory leaks causing the game to perform badly the longer it was left open and simming
#1747 - Fixed issue where teams were charged twice when releasing arbitration-eligible players after the season ends
#1742 - Fixed importing of HBP, balk, WP, and batter hit-by-pitch ratings from OOTP 6.x leagues
#1762 - Fixed some inconsistencies with spring training in the Schedule Evaluation report
#1770 - Fixed Rule 5 Draft scheduling problems
#1813 - Reduced frequency of severe injuries
#1830 - Up and down arrows on lower pane of Player History page now work correctly
#1851 - Improved bullpen AI, particularly overuse of visiting bullpens and use of too many relievers in a game
#1855 - Player list now sorted by last names instead of first names
- Adjusted salaries for closers
- Fixed problems with the usage of depth chart settings
- Fixed rare crash when viewing league history
- Fixed some crash issues
- Improved 40-man roster selection AI
- Improved contract offering AI if computer teams have lots of money available
- Improved loading time and game speed
- Improved pinch-hitting AI
- Improved retiring logic
- Improved the memory footprint of the game when handling large amounts of data
- Decreased the value of middle relievers in trades
- AI no longer adjusts lineups for human teams when managing a game
- Free agent pool after creating a league no longer contains top prospects
- Tweaked passed ball and wild pitch frequencies
- Tweaked player aging
- Tweaked player position rating calculation & importing
- Scrollable player & coaches lists now remember their position
- Game now remembers position filters when on the lineup or ratings page
- Added fields to player table in SQL dump
- Split SQL dump player table into 4 tables
- Tweaked player generator in terms of speed and stealing

Now, you got this far .. any questions!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #1346
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'm still shocked at how many features from previous versions of the game were left out. They really should have killed the OOTP name, and gave this SI edition a whole different name. Doesn't look like any of them are coming back with this build.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #1347
cougarfreak
College Starter

And to add insult...........SI is now discounting the game on their own "all star special", real original. Way to kick us loyal supporters in the balls after sticking with you. Discounting the fucking game 4 weeks after it came out.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #1348
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
And to add insult...........SI is now discounting the game on their own "all star special", real original. Way to kick us loyal supporters in the balls after sticking with you. Discounting the fucking game 4 weeks after it came out.
Where do you see this? Sportsdig.com again?

Err, nevermind. See it now.

Last edited by dervack : 06-30-2006 at 01:40 PM.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #1349
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully you castigate Shaun for the same thing. After all, Puresim's dropped in price too. Damn them. Damn them all.

Oh, btw, I hope you don't get hit by any of the sarcasm flying around in my post.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #1350
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
Where do you see this? Sportsdig.com again?

moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote