Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #1301
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Qwik, I just submitted my order not to attack you. IF Qwik gets attacked, you'll need to lynch either myself or my partner. I unfortunately deleted my PM from last night though and can't remember if my partner could attack the knight. I know I can and I was going to but have submitted otherwise.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #1302
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Of course, the other big thing is names...I've cleared Cronin, we know that NTN and Neon are the kings...Jackal is a question mark but out of my sightline. So whom do I read, I've got white pawns to my north.

I'd say scan those pawns. It fits with the MO of how I think the wolves laid out (one pawn, rook, knight and bishop). Additionally I'd think team wise a pawn and bishop would be roughly akin to a knight and rook.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #1303
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Narcizo, heinz, or Purduebrad. Those are white players unvouched for. There's obviously one more - there's 2 rooks, 2 pawns. I can't think who I'm missing.

RendeR?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #1304
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Narcizo, heinz, or Purduebrad. Those are white players unvouched for. There's obviously one more - there's 2 rooks, 2 pawns. I can't think who I'm missing.

Did Render get cleared? Or was he slated to get scanned today?

I think the other white pawns are Mccollins, if I have it right. If that is right, I don't think he's cleared either.

As far as me, I welcome a scan. I'm still tucked back at H1 though. The best I can do is make it within range the day after today. Additionally Jackal can scan me.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #1305
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Let me say this, I can only convince you of my own personal actions, I cannot speak for my other brethren. If you are forced into self-preservation, I cannot ask you to not defend yourself, I only ask that you let me scan. If it is noticed that I've moved without stating such, then my deal with the whites is broken and I'm fair game.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #1306
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I'd say scan those pawns. It fits with the MO of how I think the wolves laid out (one pawn, rook, knight and bishop). Additionally I'd think team wise a pawn and bishop would be roughly akin to a knight and rook.

I second this, scan the pawns, either mine or my partner's. I *believe* that there is likely one pawn wolf and it's not me and I doubt it is black so I would be curious to see my partner scanned although my partner has played a very clean, open, and honest game with me so I am second-guessing this possibility. But even if it is me that gets scanned, I'll at least be cleared.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #1307
st.cronin
General Manager

Render and I are the white bishops.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1308
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Let me say this, I can only convince you of my own personal actions, I cannot speak for my other brethren. If you are forced into self-preservation, I cannot ask you to not defend yourself, I only ask that you let me scan. If it is noticed that I've moved without stating such, then my deal with the whites is broken and I'm fair game.

I am here as well. As I have now openly stated, I'm not attacking. If he gets attacked, you'll have to vote me or my partner off because someone would have been lying in here.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1309
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Out of fairness, I'm not outing my partner. But I am a pawn and I'm the one that lost two in last night's moves (whoever took them, nice job).
Old 05-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #1310
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Render and I are the white bishops.

RendeR hasn't been cleared, has he?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #1311
st.cronin
General Manager

2. The Jackal - White Knight
3. mccollins
5. jeheinz72
6. st.cronin - White Bishop
7. Anxiety - Black Knight
9. Narcizo
10. PurdueBrad - White Pawns
11. RendeR - White Bishop
14. oliegirl
15. ntndeacon - White King
18. Sonic Youth
19. Neon_Chaos - Black King
20. Qwikshot - Black Knight

Unaccounted for - 1 White Pawns, 2 White Rooks, 1 Black Rook, 1 Black Pawns

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #1312
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
RendeR hasn't been cleared, has he?

No, Jackal said he may scan him tonight. Also I assume heinz is one of the white rooks.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #1313
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Qwik, if you are still around, please scan the pawns turn 1. I will be moving (although NOT capturing) in turn 2. Does this request make sense?

I think it might be in everyone's best interest if someone's pawn can become another bodyguard or seer which happens if we hit the end of the board.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #1314
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
As far as me, I welcome a scan. I'm still tucked back at H1 though. The best I can do is make it within range the day after today. Additionally Jackal can scan me.

If you're the H1 Rook, then you were on H3 after Turn 1. Why would you move back to H1?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #1315
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
2. The Jackal - White Knight
3. mccollins
5. jeheinz72
6. st.cronin - White Bishop
7. Anxiety - Black Knight
9. Narcizo
10. PurdueBrad - White Pawns
11. RendeR - White Bishop
14. oliegirl
15. ntndeacon - White King
18. Sonic Youth
19. Neon_Chaos - Black King
20. Qwikshot - Black Knight

Unaccounted for - 1 White Pawns, 2 White Rooks, 1 Black Rook, 1 Black Pawns

Cronin, I think I have deduced a list of what everyone is. I've been holding on to this because I haven't been sure who to trust or what should be revealed.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #1316
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Qwik, if you are still around, please scan the pawns turn 1. I will be moving (although NOT capturing) in turn 2. Does this request make sense?

I think it might be in everyone's best interest if someone's pawn can become another bodyguard or seer which happens if we hit the end of the board.

From the rules, the Knights have to submit a player name and not the piece name.

In addition, it appears that Pass has clarified that if the player being scanned is in the Knight's range (adjacent or in a legal Knight move square) then they will receive a scan result. Thus, the timing doesn't matter.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #1317
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

There is a black pawn in D6 who could attack me turn 1, for the sake of helping to form a COT, I ask that you do not attack me. I'm willing to be scanned and I think we have some momentum vs. the wolves. If I get attacked by that black pawn, I would assume that he/she is a wolf. Pawn in D6, I am not attacking you at all either but will be moving past you/next to you in turn 2.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #1318
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Cronin, I think I have deduced a list of what everyone is. I've been holding on to this because I haven't been sure who to trust or what should be revealed.

Yeah, I have my own guesses as well. That list is just what's been claimed in thread.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #1319
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If you're the H1 Rook, then you were on H3 after Turn 1. Why would you move back to H1?

Yes, I am the H1 rook. I moved up to get a view of the board and then back to play it safe. My rook ability is the protect board attack variety. So when I moved up I knew I couldn't die that way. I moved back when I had an idea of who the better white pieces were and that they were too advancing on the board so I protected them. I'm also a gigantic pussy of a chess player. I play super-conservatively.

I'm moving tonight though. I'm also protecting a white piece whom I trust.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #1320
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
There is a black pawn in D6 who could attack me turn 1, for the sake of helping to form a COT, I ask that you do not attack me. I'm willing to be scanned and I think we have some momentum vs. the wolves. If I get attacked by that black pawn, I would assume that he/she is a wolf. Pawn in D6, I am not attacking you at all either but will be moving past you/next to you in turn 2.

You can still move on turn 1. E6 is a legal Knight move square for Qwik (D4).
Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #1321
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
From the rules, the Knights have to submit a player name and not the piece name.

In addition, it appears that Pass has clarified that if the player being scanned is in the Knight's range (adjacent or in a legal Knight move square) then they will receive a scan result. Thus, the timing doesn't matter.

Yeah, I need names not pieces...just one name mind you...that is near me...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #1322
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Thus, the timing doesn't matter.

I think the timing does matter. If Qwik were to move before somebody moved into his starting line of sight, I don't think it would work. Qwik says he's not moving, though, so that shouldn't matter.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #1323
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think the timing does matter. If Qwik were to move before somebody moved into his starting line of sight, I don't think it would work. Qwik says he's not moving, though, so that shouldn't matter.

Right on both counts (I think).
Old 05-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #1324
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So by my count we have

Black: King, 2 Knights, Rook, 4 pawns
White: King, 2 Bishops, 1 Knight, 2 Rooks, 6 pawns

After Anx's likely lynch tonight, White would be looking at a worst-case scenario of this (not counting board kills as I don't have a good enough view to know what the heck is goin' on there but given the pieces in play I can't imagine white is in a more precarious board situation than black is)

Black: King, Knight, Rook, 4 pawns
White: King, Bishop (assuming wolves 86 the best possible white piece), knight, 2 rooks, 6 pawns

I have to say to my white uncleared folks who are ok with trucing with Black, why?

I mean I like Qwik and I appreciate him finding a wolf, much less a black wolf, but the best move for any white villager is that of agression against the black team, hoping to beat the wolves to the punch.

From a chess scenario, we have a big-time upperhand. Also the rook who is out there can't protect the King (I tried and Pass pointed out the rule I had missed that I can't do that) so why aren't we going for Neon when we have a severe upper-hand?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #1325
st.cronin
General Manager

Heinz, the simple answer is that I believe if we move against black and ignore the wolves, the wolves will win. I don't think it will be difficult for them to win, either.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #1326
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

JEHeinz, I guess right now for me, things are two fold. I'm going to try and continue to advance to strengthen my piece and, selfishly, I would like to be cleared. I'm willing to take one night for the second happen because it's not like I'm going into a complete stall here.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #1327
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Let postscript all of that by saying though, I'm learning as quickly as I can about chess to play better in this game but I'm still mostly clueless from that standpoint.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1328
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
JEHeinz, I guess right now for me, things are two fold. I'm going to try and continue to advance to strengthen my piece and, selfishly, I would like to be cleared. I'm willing to take one night for the second happen because it's not like I'm going into a complete stall here.

But aren't you not moving?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #1329
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But aren't you not moving?

I'm not moving in turn/phase 1, I am moving in turn/phase 2.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #1330
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Heinz, the simple answer is that I believe if we move against black and ignore the wolves, the wolves will win. I don't think it will be difficult for them to win, either.

Well you and NTN are the two people I trust most at this point as having a common goal as me (of course if Anx comes back somehow villager, which I don't think he will, you and qwik would be next).

I trust Neon and Qwik in an anti-wolf way, but with the said, I only win in one manner, kill the Black King. Whether there are 0 wolves or 5 wolves when my team does it, I know we have to do that to win.

I certainly don't think one would say Black is favored in a chess standpoint right now. Plus, if we wanted I can park myself in a blocking spot in front of Neon and just permanently block myself from board attacks, ergo with their little manpower I'd think it nearly impossible for them to get to NTN with me largely in the way.

So that leaves White vs the Wolves. Let's say we eradicate, or nearly eradicate black, and it's Neon and a black piece against 4-5 white pieces. I think that's a gambit we can win. Ergo our thought that it's the white wolves who are happy with not going after black. Hence my suspicions about PB and those who are suggesting to make some sort of truce.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #1331
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm not moving in turn/phase 1, I am moving in turn/phase 2.

Ok, I missed that.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #1332
st.cronin
General Manager

Heinz, you can't protect yourself from WOLF attacks.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #1333
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, so I guess I'm not suggesting so much of a truce but Qwik can actually help clear some of our team and we can still advance pieces. In all honesty, between leaving myself vulnerable to Qwik, to their black pawn, and to the wolves knowing that I'll be the likely scan, I envision numerous ways that I won't get through till tomorrow. That being said, as a pawn, that's basically my role anyway and I'll take that chance for a white team victory. And as I said, I'm not in a complete stall, tactically speaking I'm still working towards getting my piece to the end line and promoting (right word?) to a better piece.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #1334
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Heinz, you can't protect yourself from WOLF attacks.

I know. But I can from board attacks, and frankly if I'm doing my part to protect a king (and I'm not cleared) I don't think I'd make much sense to be wolf killed, frankly.

The wolves need to extend the chess game, that much is clear. They'd be counterproductive to that to kill a white piece that not only isn't advancing (though I will if you don't like this plan) but is actually playing defense in the chess game.

So long as I'm playing D and I'm a lynch possibility, my guess is they'd have other fish in the sea.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #1335
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, so I guess I'm not suggesting so much of a truce but Qwik can actually help clear some of our team and we can still advance pieces. In all honesty, between leaving myself vulnerable to Qwik, to their black pawn, and to the wolves knowing that I'll be the likely scan, I envision numerous ways that I won't get through till tomorrow. That being said, as a pawn, that's basically my role anyway and I'll take that chance for a white team victory. And as I said, I'm not in a complete stall, tactically speaking I'm still working towards getting my piece to the end line and promoting (right word?) to a better piece.

Yeah that makes a bit more sense now. I had just missed the part where you had said you were doing a delayed move.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #1336
The Jackal
Coordinator

FYI I'll be gone from 1:30-3:30ish, but as soon as I get back I'll post my scan result.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #1337
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I severely doubt McCollins is a wolf. Look at the day one vote. A wolf with 4 votes would not put his votes on a fellow wolf. As it turns out, with 2 other pawns having their vote on Hoops, hoops would have been lynched anyway but there's no way for McCollins to know that at the time. He knows PB's vote isn't a danger but he doesn't know who the other pawns are. Leaving a four votes on Hoopsguy would be an insane risk to take for no reason. If the wolves wanted a vote on Hoops they'd leave Anxiety's or AN Other's on him. I say scan PB.

But call me Mr Suspicious if Qwik miraculously unearths a wolf with his first scan.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #1338
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Also Cronin, in light of last night's vote how do you feel your plan of putting pressure on the UTR players is working out in terms of helping the white village win? We got lucky that NTN was the king yesterday and he duked to a black piece. And that we managed to lynch Lathum as well.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #1339
st.cronin
General Manager

Narc, assuming Anxiety comes up wolf, I think we look at white for the other two wolves. UTR strategy gets replaced with something more concrete. I'm actually guessing Render, and either you or Heinz. Possibly Jackal.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #1340
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I will stay...is there emphasis on scanning someone?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #1341
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

btw

Sorry Anxiety but this has to be done

Vote Anxiety
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #1342
st.cronin
General Manager

Qwik, PurdueBrad has stated that he's in your line of sight. He might be the safest choice.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #1343
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I really think any unscanned person you know is within range is a good idea. The main thing I'd think is making sure you get a read, by it wolf or villager (for our growing COT).
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #1344
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

There seems to be strong support, or at least some support, to scanning me. It comes from Heinz, mccollins, Narcizo, and myself. Now, IF I am night-killed, I would look at those very same people for a wolf because it would make sense to push for my scan publicly as a means of clearing me and then kill me so that the scan matters not. OR my bigger fear is that Qwik gets night-killed and it looks like I was trying to avoid the scan, it would be a good way to drive suspicion towards me. Just thinking this through and out loud.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #1345
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Cronin agrees with scanning me as well.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #1346
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I have no problem with a PB scan.

I myself am moving to a location which should put me in range of qwik as fast as I can.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #1347
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Again, note that I have said that I will not attempt to capture any black pieces tonight either. I've asked that the black pawn near me not attempt a capture and I am asking that Qwik not attempt a capture. My moves have been publicly stated, I'm moving both my pieces forward.

IF I am captured at either spot white team, I say we vote off the black piece that does so the next day.

IF I capture one of their pieces, I say vote me off because that would be very wolfish

IF no capture happens, I think this helps our COT.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #1348
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, after reading the last few pages I'm really getting a bad feeling about something. Its not guaranteed that the wolves are split evenly, it would be logical, but because it WOULD be logical, I don't believe its a fact. I really don't like the way Cronin and Quickshot are openly and somewhat smugly working together on things. its making my wolf-radar go freaking nuts. The scenario in my mind: Cronin and Quick are both wolves working together to clear Cronin and gain trust for him, this would mean 3 black wolves and 1 white one (assuming 4 total). Maybe I'm bonkers, maybe my Cronin-paranoia has returned.... Then again, maybe we're being played so openly we're not seeing the forest for the trees? thoughts?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #1349
st.cronin
General Manager

I am a bit worried about last minute shenanigans, given that white villagers aren't enough of a voting block to get Anxiety.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #1350
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Ok, after reading the last few pages I'm really getting a bad feeling about something. Its not guaranteed that the wolves are split evenly, it would be logical, but because it WOULD be logical, I don't believe its a fact. I really don't like the way Cronin and Quickshot are openly and somewhat smugly working together on things. its making my wolf-radar go freaking nuts. The scenario in my mind: Cronin and Quick are both wolves working together to clear Cronin and gain trust for him, this would mean 3 black wolves and 1 white one (assuming 4 total). Maybe I'm bonkers, maybe my Cronin-paranoia has returned.... Then again, maybe we're being played so openly we're not seeing the forest for the trees? thoughts?

RendeR, I'm wondering some of the same things as well which is why I'm willing, basically to offer myself as the guinea pig or sacrificial lamb (depending on how things go tonight). I'm a pawn, already weakened some, so I pose very little threat and, honestly, very little value so I figure it's best that I be the test monkey here. The way this plays out will be important to gauging who's interests lay where.