Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #1301
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

The basic mechanic of werewolf dictates a must lynch to win for the village, except in the event of an end game scenario where skipping a turn increases your chance of hitting a wolf in a lynch or lose scenario. Based on that, I think we should lynch Imus Crewus. I would possibly waver if he had done something of value in the past, due to the constriction of the jail mechanic (which I hate). Rich or not, he is supposedly not even voting on services, which makes no sense. It is possible he has won some services and chose not to reveal. I don't know, but it is suspicious enough to cast doubt. If I had money I would buy stuff and try to help out. His lack of using his wealth means it is useless to us or that he is a Tarq and lieing.

LYNCH IMUS CREWUS
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #1302
Peregrine
Pro Starter

vote Narcizo for Consul

vote Execute Imthecrew
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #1303
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Crew, your inactivity and your statements haven't been helping your defense. Essentially, you may be loyal, but as one of the wealthiest people, you haven't done too much, and your statements haven't been very reassuring.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #1304
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

For the Consuls,

Who do you plan to arrest tonight or who are your list of suspects? At least can each of you give us a "short list" that does not overlap? That way we can avoid a one candidate situation tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #1305
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, working on recounting services with people for the last couple of days. Going from memory on these - searching through posts is getting more daunting by the hour - so please chime in with corrections as needed.

I'm leaving Day 3 off for now, as those services won't show up until the end of the day here. But for the stuff that has already transpired, here is what I have:

Day 1:
Gallus Clarus, ex-legionnaire (Ardent)
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire (Bullet)
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood (Ironhead)
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses (Alan)
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses (Anxiety)
Swaggus Swaggus (Coffee)
Ardentus Enthusiastus (Dodgerchick)

Day 2:
Maximus Maximus, ex-legionnaire
Vitus Avidus, ex-legionnaire
Macro Gothicus, barbarian turned citizen for his service during wartime (Ironhead)
Balbus Senna, political philosopher from Corsica (Schmidty)
Faustus Felix, owner of many horses (Hoops)
Bonus Oceanus, owner of many horses
Swaggus Swaggus
Ardentus Enthusiastus
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #1306
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm going to arrest LoneStarGirlus. She was the other half of my conditional arrest that didn't go through last night. And I have heard her name suggested a few times by others today. So that's who I'm going to go with. She has wealth, but has been AWOL, so we can't count on her to bid where we want her to (if we end up employing that strategy).
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #1307
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Personally, I think jailing quite players is a good methodology when no other reasons are presented. Those folks are leaving the smallest trail for scrutiny in the future. If someone is not willing to cast a vote or offer any opinion, why not jail them? Historical experience in these games shows there is always one or more wolves in the quite bunch. When you got nothin better to go on......
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #1308
KWhit
Coordinator

This is for Barkeep:

I'm going to arrest LoneStarGirlus.

Just having a little fun.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #1309
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Okay, I haven't caught up but this is really irritating. I have not once... NOT ONCE missed a vote or bid for services and putting me high on the suspect list is really frustrating to read. I've been open with who I've hired and what came about.

For God's sakes someone scan me this is making me mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think if you keep reading you'll see that someone was mixing you up wtih Lonestar Girl

Yeah sorry about that. I have a quick temper and sometimes I post things too quickly before thinking things through.

So what's the purpose of this game? To be the wealthiest person standing or getting rid of the Tarqs? Mine of course is getting rid of Tarqs and it's to the Rebublic's best interest to not arrest me as you would lose a valuable member of the community.

Having said that, I'm getting my lawsuits on.

Dodgus Erickus sues Marcus Vaughnus
Dodgus Erickus sues Coffeus Yakus Warlordus
Dodgus Erickus sues Narcizus Lispus
Dodgus Erickus sues Autumnus Leavus
Dodgus Erickus sues Chiefus Rumus
Dodgus Erickus sues Peregrinus Barbarus
Dodgus Erickus sues Grammus Atticus

vote free imthecrew

Although I'm a little confused as to why he hasn't used his wealth to the benefit of the Republic, I'm willing to give him a second chance so he can prove himself.

vote hoops for counsel
vote autumn for counsel

Both have solid analysis and I'm going under the assumption that they're both villagers; I'm sure one of them will be cleared soon.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #1310
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I just woke up, and am about to go eat some lunch and run some errands. I should be back around 4 p.m. PST. I won't have a lot of time to spend online before the deadline though, as my wife is off today, and will likely want me to do chores and crap.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #1311
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Elect Hoopsguy Consul.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #1312
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This is for Barkeep:

I'm going to arrest LoneStarGirlus.

Just having a little fun.

I'm sorry Kwhit I couldn't read that... can you make it just a tad bigger, k thx
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #1313
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Ok, I just woke up, and am about to go eat some lunch and run some errands. I should be back around 4 p.m. PST. I won't have a lot of time to spend online before the deadline though, as my wife is off today, and will likely want me to do chores and crap.

Yeah but are you actually gonna do them?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #1314
hoopsguy
General Manager

There have been a couple of people who have talked about coordinating the service bids today. I'll run a list of these with what I think are good choices if that is interesting to people. In truth, I think this is challenging given the lack of activity from some of our wealthier citizens.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #1315
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't understand why everyone is voting to save ITC.

He's as good of a suspect as any we have right now (which isn't saying much, I know), and has not been doing anything to help the cause - no bidding on services, no insight into the game, very very few posts for us to analyze and try to gauge his faction....

I just don't get it right now. At some point, we're going to have to vote to kill somebody (yes, I know we're 0 for 1, but I am worried about letting another day go by with no lynch).
Old 04-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #1316
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, working on recounting services with people for the last couple of days. Going from memory on these - searching through posts is getting more daunting by the hour - so please chime in with corrections as needed.

I'm leaving Day 3 off for now, as those services won't show up until the end of the day here. But for the stuff that has already transpired, here is what I have:

Day 1:
Gallus Clarus, ex-legionnaire (Ardent)
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire (Bullet)
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood (Ironhead)
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses (Alan)
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses (Anxiety)
Swaggus Swaggus (Coffee)
Ardentus Enthusiastus (Dodgerchick)

Day 2:
Maximus Maximus, ex-legionnaire
Vitus Avidus, ex-legionnaire
Macro Gothicus, barbarian turned citizen for his service during wartime (Ironhead)
Balbus Senna, political philosopher from Corsica (Schmidty)
Faustus Felix, owner of many horses (Hoops)
Bonus Oceanus, owner of many horses
Swaggus Swaggus
Ardentus Enthusiastus

I have also

Day 2:

Durus Pimpus (Dodgerchick)
Maximums Maximus (Path12)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #1317
Tyrith
College Starter

Hoops, I bought the other horse guy on Day 2.

ITC...again, you haven't given us any reason to let you live. That's too bad, but we can't win by not lynching people.

VOTE EXECUTE ITC
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #1318
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think it's time for a few lawsuits from me.

Peregrinus sues Grammaticus
Peregrinus sues Schmidtyus
Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #1319
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

He's as good of a suspect as any we have right now (which isn't saying much, I know), and has not been doing anything to help the cause - no bidding on services, no insight into the game, very very few posts for us to analyze and try to gauge his faction....

I just don't get it right now. At some point, we're going to have to vote to kill somebody (yes, I know we're 0 for 1, but I am worried about letting another day go by with no lynch).

You're right

unvote free imthecrew
vote throw imthecrew off the cliff

It's a beautiful day out here and I'm taking the kids for a walk and will probably take a nap shortly after that before I go in to work. I'm definitely sending my PM to cronin before deadline though.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #1320
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

Kwhit, I think if you look at the people who have been voting to save him, many/most of them are from the UTR or suspicious lot themselves. Just saying, is all.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #1321
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
There have been a couple of people who have talked about coordinating the service bids today. I'll run a list of these with what I think are good choices if that is interesting to people. In truth, I think this is challenging given the lack of activity from some of our wealthier citizens.

That would help big time hoops.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #1322
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm on the fence. I held to the line with Bulletus, and we saw how that went. I feel Imus has offered what defense he could. It's meager, but it's not like we could expect more from him. I consider it possible that he just didn't participate much, and we're just lowering the loyal numbers by executing him. Then again, as you say we have to execute to have any chance to execute a traitor, and there's some chance we'd catch one here. We have to get some good luck eventually.

I'm still hoping to hear from whoever hired the lawyers, as well as from Marcus and Lonestarus. I may change my vote to an execute at some point this evening.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #1323
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Hoops, I bought the other horse guy on Day 2.

ITC...again, you haven't given us any reason to let you live. That's too bad, but we can't win by not lynching people.

VOTE EXECUTE ITC

And what use did you make of the horses? Excuse me if you've already said and I missed it.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #1324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

Services are determined first. Players in jail may not bid on services.

So that means that ITC can't bid today. That means that Dodgerchickus can get whatever service she wants today - Marc Vaughn was the person who replaced Bullet and there was not significant money movement for either of these two in lawsuits yesterday. And until proven otherwise, we can't count on MV to be available so I'm not going to list him either.

Dodgerchick:
1st choice: Marco Gothicus (kill by sword)
2nd choice: Maximus Maximus (bodyguard)
3rd choice: Ardentus Enthusiastus (attorney) - have already used once, would like to distribute these roles for cross-vouch purposes

Next group - LSG has been largely removed, so I'll list four people here. I'll list them in order of trust/vouching from others as best I can interpret it: KWhit, Warlord, Ironhead, Schmidty. From where I sit, there is not a sky-high level of concern over any of these four.

KWhit:
1st choice: Schmidtyus Schmidtyus (attorney)
2nd choice: Vitus Avidus (bodyguard)
3rd choice: Marco Gothicus (kill by sword)

His trust level is universally high, he has the ability to move up economically. Least likely person to lie about data from attorney if he was a wolf in the game as his position is too strong to surrender in 1:1.

Coffee Warlord:
1st choice: Durus Pimpus (block action)
2nd choice: Marco Gothicus (kill by sword)
3rd choice: Balbus Senna (proves innocence to another?)

I don't think bodyguard need is as high here, and has already used the attorney once. So take a shot at blocking someone he suspects - I'm guessing/hoping this has a chance to stop poison attack as well (100% speculation).

Ironhead:
1st choice: Balbus Senna (proves innocent to another?)
2nd choice: Marco Gothicus (kill by sword)
3rd choice: Durus Pimpus (block action)

Cross-vouch on nebulous role by someone who has already provided good role information earlier in game.

Schmidty:
1st choice: Ardentus Enthusiastus (attorney)
2nd choice: Vitus Avidus (bodyguard)
3rd choice: Faustus Felix (send message)

Check out his fellow attorney, with backup options for protection or communication.

Going down to the next group it is harder to break out the levels of wealth. So I won't. I left the bodyguards, which I feel are more interesting for the Romans than for the Tarqs. Sure they would like to have fewer bodyguards to dodge, but unless they lock both of them up the threat is still out there.
Similarly I left the horses, which are not inherently as powerful as the other roles.

I listed multiple actions for people so as not to lock them in on choices - it is their role and they should have some freedom with it. But we clearly do not want the double kill to fall to the Tarqs and would prefer to lock up the attorneys for seer scans.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #1325
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Coordinating services sounds like a sound strategy at this point.

Unfortunately I can't win squat, but will place a back up bid where needed.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #1326
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path - any harm in telling us how you used the guard on Day 2?

Tyrith - same question that Autumn asked.

I'm bummed if both attorneys were not hired on Day 2.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #1327
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I'll throw out an idea on this - because we have nothing suggesting that the Tarqs can convert based on services so far. So if we can secure their 2nd kill option, we can really slow their progress in killing Romans while trying to build a legitimate trust list. We have two attorneys a day and a Philosopher every other day to do this. At some point we are actually going to catch somebody.

I'm not going to shed a tear if we remove ITC from the board based on his non-actions so far but the above thought has been rumbling around my mind all day.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #1328
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Tyrith - same question that Autumn asked.

I'm bummed if both attorneys were not hired on Day 2.

Here is what Path said about his BG placement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Maximus Maximus protected our consul Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus yesterday.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #1329
Autumn
Head Coach

Hoopus Guyus,

My fear is that if we don't lock down what each person is bidding for, it will leave enough confusion that a traitor could exploit to squirm out of the spotlight. Let's say Dodgerus and Kayus decide to both bid for Gothicus. Then Kayus would claim to have lost a bid, and we wouldn't know whether he did, or whether he had done something else with his move.

I'm fine with arranging the matchups any which way, but I'd like to make it as clear as possible. Even among presumably trustworthy people we've had a lot of mixups.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #1330
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Grammaticus Atticus sues Perigrinus

Loitering is the charge
Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #1331
Autumn
Head Coach

Also, one more thing before I go to dinner. If we ignore Markus Vaughnus and Lonestargirlus, what happens if they actually bid, particularly if they are traitors? That could confuse things. Not any plan of action, just a concern.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #1332
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, I understand your point. But it isn't entirely my right to dictate their choices to them. I just tried to lay out some logic of what I think is the "greater good" mixed with what I perceive to be personally beneficial.

Even if we lock stuff down, there is a chance we are ordering a wealthy Tarq to assume a service that benefits them. I guess I kind of realize that I can't control this, but may be able to influence it, so that is reflected in my approach.

I'm hoping this drives discussion, not only among us but also among the people who have first crack at the services. They can coordinate amongst themselves publicly if they think it is to their advantage.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #1333
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Hoopus Guyus,

My fear is that if we don't lock down what each person is bidding for, it will leave enough confusion that a traitor could exploit to squirm out of the spotlight. Let's say Dodgerus and Kayus decide to both bid for Gothicus. Then Kayus would claim to have lost a bid, and we wouldn't know whether he did, or whether he had done something else with his move.

I'm fine with arranging the matchups any which way, but I'd like to make it as clear as possible. Even among presumably trustworthy people we've had a lot of mixups.

I don't see a huge weak spot in nailing it down to the individual. That way we can confirm who bid for what by results the next day. Only downside is the wolves could kill whoever they want to target for services. But if we have covered the backup bids too, it would be hard for them to use a service against us without us being able to pinpoint the culprit.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #1334
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Autumn, I understand your point. But it isn't entirely my right to dictate their choices to them. I just tried to lay out some logic of what I think is the "greater good" mixed with what I perceive to be personally beneficial.

Even if we lock stuff down, there is a chance we are ordering a wealthy Tarq to assume a service that benefits them. I guess I kind of realize that I can't control this, but may be able to influence it, so that is reflected in my approach.

I'm hoping this drives discussion, not only among us but also among the people who have first crack at the services. They can coordinate amongst themselves publicly if they think it is to their advantage.

I don't think it is dictating it. Everyone will have to agree in order to make it work anyway. If we don't work together as a team, then we will not be as successful.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #1335
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Already mentioned it earlier, but I had him guard Barkeep.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #1336
hoopsguy
General Manager

How in the world am I only 7th in total posts in this thread?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #1337
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm not going to reveal who I talked to with the horse ability until after the day ends today and they have the chance to respond.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #1338
st.cronin
General Manager

Passus Caglius is replacing Marcus Vaughnus

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #1339
Tyrith
College Starter

Good, maybe by the time day 5 is over we'll be able to be done with this anti UTR crusade.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #1340
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hius allus! Sorry I've been quiet. Catching up, but I'll check in here, too. Can someone help summarize our situation?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #1341
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and i'm around. Wonder how much I missed in the day...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #1342
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Hius allus! Sorry I've been quiet. Catching up, but I'll check in here, too. Can someone help summarize our situation?

I'm dead, Swaggs is dead, AlanT is dead...I think Bullet is dead too...anyone I missed?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #1343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE ELECT HOOPSGUY CONSUL

that was easy and i'm not even all caught up
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #1344
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess I meant from the living -- what are the major controversies, and what are the arguments for each side?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #1345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE NARCIZIO CONSUL

he's a damm good villager
Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #1346
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardent catch up post. When I get here, I know I got here. Back to catching up.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #1347
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE ELECT AE. I'm still some 75 posts behind, but I'm throwing it out there.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #1348
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
The courts will hear these two cases today, in an emergency session. People will just have to work overtime. Apologies for the oversight.
So how much am I getting paid?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #1349
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
THAT IS NOT TRUE.

The lawyers can tell what allegiance a player is upon death.
QFT.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #1350
saldana
Pro Starter

elect hoopus guyus and coffeeus yakus warlordus to consul

vote chuck Imusthecrewus off the rockus
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote