Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #1301
Travis
Pro Rookie

Peter involuntarily used telekensis to stop the staff when he was training as well, remembering/recalling after that it was Sylar that had that power. So whether it's subconscious or what, it's still a mesh of concentration/reaction that his body is using for his powers.

Another point, now that it's in the open, does anybody know/have an educated guess how long the tracking stuff would last that those HRG captured were injected with? Just curious as to whether Claude figured out what it was and purged his system somehow or how he was able to fake his death if they had a way of tracking him. Info I'm sure Parkman and Ted would be interested in finding out (and to also see how consistent they stay with the information they're presenting/how many holes are left).
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #1302
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Claude obviously has more control over his powers than any other hero we've seen (Only Sylar and the Haitian have the same, and I'm not sure what side the Haitian is on). So it isn't inconcievable that he also found out how to turn his tracking off.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #1303
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Claude obviously has more control over his powers than any other hero we've seen (Only Sylar and the Haitian have the same, and I'm not sure what side the Haitian is on). So it isn't inconcievable that he also found out how to turn his tracking off.

I got the impression that he removed his tracker... he had more scars than marks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #1304
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Hero is a great show.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #1305
Easy Mac

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what better jbmagic or hero

Last edited by Easy Mac : 02-21-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #1306
MikeVic
Head Coach

Welcome back jb.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #1307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I got the impression that he removed his tracker... he had more scars than marks...

Except they are saying that it is a radioactive isotope and not a physical item per say. The marks are just the remenants of the injection device. Unless, he had some sort of super plasmaphoresis, I'm not sure how he could remove it. Then again, I think he must have had it neutralized in some way, or he wouldn't have disappeared off the grid all of these years and getting away from Peter wouldn't do him much good.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-22-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #1308
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Except they are saying that it is a radioactive isotope and not a physical item per say. The marks are just the remenants of the injection device. Unless, he had some sort of super plasmaphoresis, I'm not sure how he could remove it. Then again, I think he must have had it neutralized in some way, or he wouldn't have disappeared off the grid all of these years and getting away from Peter wouldn't do him much good.

Good point...

Perhaps tried to remove it is more accurate? He definately has what look more like scars where others look more like tattoos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #1309
MikeVic
Head Coach

I forget, does Peter have that mark too? I didn't think he did. Maybe Claude thinks he does, and that's why he's running away... since he thinks they can track Peter. I thought they just found where Peter and Claude were because they found out Claude's home was on that roof.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #1310
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think Claude's accumulation of knowledge allowed him to find out how to neutralize the tracker. Or else HRG would have been able to find him much sooner.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #1311
klayman
College Benchwarmer

unless they weren't looking for him cause they believed he was dead.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #1312
MJ4H
Coordinator

Wow. Just wow.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #1313
Izulde
Head Coach

I was *not* expecting this turn of events. Holy shit!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #1314
spleen1015
Coordinator

That's amaysing.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #1315
Flasch186
Coordinator

best. episode. of. heroes. ever.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #1316
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

And THAT'S saying something!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #1317
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Truly, this was the best episode ever. Answered quite a few questions while opening up quite a few more. A few genuine surprises. It was a really great episode. I'm anxiously waiting next week's episode.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #1318
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

They shake up the formula a bit and still come up with another classic episode. This show is like Pedro Martinez in his prime to me. I go into every show not seeing how it can do it again and it always does.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #1319
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

I can't agree with you guys more.

This show is seriously so good it makes me giddy. What a wonderful, wonderful episode this week.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #1320
Franklinnoble
Banned

Excellent episode... although X3 called... Wolverine and Jean Grey want their scene back.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 AM   #1321
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I agree. A great episode. Excellent back story, a fantastic way to tie in some of the other characters and it really gives HRG some very interesting depth.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:53 AM   #1322
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Put's a new spin on his thoughts when he viewed the video she made of herself healing.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #1323
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

ditto. They stuck with one story, saw it through the entire episode and it paid off. HRG really struck me as a multi-dimensional character. Did anyone else think that the Haitian mindwiped HRG so that he would forget how Claire escaped or that he would forget everything about Claire? I think it may be the latter since he now has Parkman as his partner and Julia Roberts' brother said something to the effect of "Now we have someone on our side who can tell if people are telling the truth". HRG might have been mindwiped to protect himself and he could have plausible deniability that he ever knew about Claire's powers.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #1324
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, that one really kicked ass
Old 02-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #1325
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
ditto. They stuck with one story, saw it through the entire episode and it paid off. HRG really struck me as a multi-dimensional character. Did anyone else think that the Haitian mindwiped HRG so that he would forget how Claire escaped or that he would forget everything about Claire? I think it may be the latter since he now has Parkman as his partner and Julia Roberts' brother said something to the effect of "Now we have someone on our side who can tell if people are telling the truth". HRG might have been mindwiped to protect himself and he could have plausible deniability that he ever knew about Claire's powers.

My feeling was that he was having the memory of Claire removed. Now that you mention it, I think he probably had the memory of Claire's ability removed.

Either way, things just got really interesting.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #1326
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Why is everything connected to that rooftop? Or least it seems like it. That is where Sulu gave the baby to Bennett. Where Claude hangs out. Where Simone/Peter/the Painter (forgot his name) keep intersecting talking about.

Was that where Simones father or who ever that was that Peter was caring for in Episode 1, was that his place?

This show has taken the Lost formula, corrected all of the errors they committed and made this show incredible. Probably the first time in my life, that without MNF, that I look forward to Monday night TV.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #1327
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post

Was that where Simones father or who ever that was that Peter was caring for in Episode 1, was that his place?

This show has taken the Lost formula, corrected all of the errors they committed and made this show incredible.

yes.
and hell yes.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #1328
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

HRG did tell the haitian to "go deep" and something to the effect of not being able to tell where/how Claire escaped, so yeah, that's what I think the Haitian did. I took it that "go deep" didn't mean to run a long route but instead clean the memory very deeply.

FM
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #1329
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, and yes, awesome episode, really good stuff there.

FM
Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #1330
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I think it was key that they told us how the Haitian explained his powers as a kid... he drew a picture of himself plucking worms out of the ground. I thought up until that point that the Haitian could only wipe memory to a certain point in time. But after that brief explanation, I think he can wipe certain areas too.

If the Haitian wiped all memory of Claire or working for "The Company," that would be a lot of memory gone...

So is Hiro's dad involved in this somehow too?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #1331
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

There's no doubt about that.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #1332
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
HRG did tell the haitian to "go deep" and something to the effect of not being able to tell where/how Claire escaped, so yeah, that's what I think the Haitian did. I took it that "go deep" didn't mean to run a long route but instead clean the memory very deeply.

FM

Right, because as far as I could tell, HRG told Eric Roberts that the Haitian went "underground" after the whole Human bomb going off. So that means he didn't wipe Claire's mom or Lyle's memories (unless he came back when people weren't looking), so wiping HRG of all of the memories of Claire wouldn't make sense. Just the whole shooting aspect, which would make sense, since Eric Roberts would know the Haitian was involved, but couldn't definitively say it was all planned by HRG.

And was that radio wave girl in the compound?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #1333
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

Nope different hottie.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #1334
Izulde
Head Coach

Did anyone see what was on the back of the clipboard that different hottie in compound had?

I'm wondering if maybe that provided some insight.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #1335
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Right, because as far as I could tell, HRG told Eric Roberts that the Haitian went "underground" after the whole Human bomb going off. So that means he didn't wipe Claire's mom or Lyle's memories (unless he came back when people weren't looking), so wiping HRG of all of the memories of Claire wouldn't make sense. Just the whole shooting aspect, which would make sense, since Eric Roberts would know the Haitian was involved, but couldn't definitively say it was all planned by HRG.

I'd take it to mean wiping any previous memory of Claires ability and him protecting her.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #1336
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Did anyone see what was on the back of the clipboard that different hottie in compound had?

I'm wondering if maybe that provided some insight.

It just said Primatech Paper and had the company logo.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #1337
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
There's no doubt about that.

This was one of the things that caught me really off guard last night. It's clear now that he is not only involved, but is a major player I suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if he is right below the top guy in the organization.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #1338
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
This was one of the things that caught me really off guard last night. It's clear now that he is not only involved, but is a major player I suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if he is right below the top guy in the organization.

That's why I decided to ask. It really surprised me, and I wasn't sure if I missed something or misunderstood.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #1339
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Agreed, my feeling was that he was pretty high too. My wife had the crazy idea that he could be Linderman.

You think he knows about Hiro's ability or not?

I mean, if he knew, wouldn't he have had to turn him in?

FM
Old 02-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #1340
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed, my feeling was that he was pretty high too. My wife had the crazy idea that he could be Linderman.

FM

Whether he knows about Hiro's ability was my first thought as well. I wonder if his love for his son is preventing him from acknowledging his power (and thereby protecting him) or if he really is oblivious. I think he is probably protecting him since he knows that Hiro believes he has a mission.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-27-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #1341
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

FM

I don't think he did know, because remember he said about Claire "if she manifests".

Her healing is a recognizable, manifestable power.

Hiro, on the other hand, because it's a mental power, it isn't immediately going to be manifested.

Furthermore, it was only in the first episode that Hiro was able to move the clock back a second and he's in what? late teens, maybe early 20s?

So I don't think Hiro's dad would anticipate him as being able to manifest.

What that does bring up, however, is an interesting consideration re: Hiro's father and in particular Hiro's younger (I believe) sister.

Because there's been a strong hereditary component to these things, do Hiro's father and her sister have the possibility of powers themselves?

It opens up an entirely new set of angles and dynamics.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #1342
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree that this episode really gave HRG guy a depth and multi-dimensionality that he didn't have before.

I loved the black and white technique for the flashbacks. It's a simple thing, but it played out absolutely brilliantly.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #1343
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I don't think he did know, because remember he said about Claire "if she manifests".

Her healing is a recognizable, manifestable power.

Hiro, on the other hand, because it's a mental power, it isn't immediately going to be manifested.

Furthermore, it was only in the first episode that Hiro was able to move the clock back a second and he's in what? late teens, maybe early 20s?

So I don't think Hiro's dad would anticipate him as being able to manifest.

What that does bring up, however, is an interesting consideration re: Hiro's father and in particular Hiro's younger (I believe) sister.

Because there's been a strong hereditary component to these things, do Hiro's father and her sister have the possibility of powers themselves?

It opens up an entirely new set of angles and dynamics.

Well, the other possibility is Hiro is an adoptee like Claire, which could explain some things in that family dynamic. Since Japan is still a very male-dominated society, it could be that the only child Hiro's dad had was his daughter, but his daughter would be a controversial choice for taking over his "business". So, Hiro gets adopted to fulfill the obligation of passing the company to a male heir. Because he might be an adopted "special" child, it could be that Hiro's dad either was ignorant or protective of his son by trying to encourage him to come back home. If he knew Hiro's powers were manifesting, he'd have to face the same decision to give up Hiro that HRG had with Claire, which would also mean giving up the sole male heir to his company. However, once it was proven that Hiro would not be deterred from his "quest" and that his daughter had the ability to run the company, he must have felt obliged to respect Hiro's wishes as an adult and could only hope for the best.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #1344
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
However, once it was proven that Hiro would not be deterred from his "quest" and that his daughter had the ability to run the company, he must have felt obliged to respect Hiro's wishes as an adult and could only hope for the best.

And that's what I do not get. I figured his father was in on it the second they introduced him. Until he let Hiro go on his way after a minor squable. So now I'm assuming that was just an act at the time and we'll see him in Hiro's life again soon enough.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #1345
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
This show has taken the Lost formula, corrected all of the errors they committed and made this show incredible. Probably the first time in my life, that without MNF, that I look forward to Monday night TV.

Before we all get too excited, lets also remember that LOST rocked the house for about a season and a half before turning to garbage. Time will tell if this show can hold it together.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #1346
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just watched this on my DVR and WOW!!! What an amazing episode.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #1347
TroyF
Coordinator

He has to know Hiro has power. To say anything else is a stretch IMHO.

This isn't a guy living in the world as we know it. He obviously knows the powers of people and wouldn't bat an eyelash if someone told him they had amazing strength or whatever.

This is a big point, because when Hiro showed him the painting of him and the sword and told him about his "mission" it wouldn't seem all that odd to the father. He chose to let Hiro go, either to protect him or to serve a purpose. (maybe to help bring Linderman down?)

This was an incredible episode and I think the best acted of the series. Emotional. Surprising. Revealing. Yet more questions. . .

Terrific, terrific job. My favorite episode of the year.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #1348
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I don't think Hiro's father knows about his power. They don't seem to have a way of knowing if a power is in an individual until they display it, ala Claire. Unless Hiro's father has seen it somehow, he would have no way of knowing, although he might suspect.

It also ran through my mind watching all of those black and white scenes that they could probably do one hell of a prequel series based on HRG and the invisible guy.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #1349
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think it is far from a given that Hiro's father knows about his powers. His powers are such that they cannot really be observed, unless you know what is going on (a la Ando), but even then, they could be explained unless he does something outlandish, just to prove that he can (like when he made all of the origami).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #1350
TroyF
Coordinator

But he saw the painting and listened to Hiro's explanation of being a superhero. While you and I would think that's an insane story and might blow him off as being a nutcase with his "mission", how could a father high up in the organization who knows about people with powers, NOT listen to that and think HMMMM. . . something is going on.

I'm sorry, that doesn't add up to me.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote