Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1251
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Somebody hasn't got a PS4 or X1 yet.

No, I have a PS4. It tried to update the other night and failed. I then had to watch it patch the next morning.

EDIT: By it tried, I mean that it was in standby and tried to update in the middle of the night.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-13-2013 at 02:25 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #1252
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
No, I have a PS4. It tried to update the other night and failed. I then had to watch it patch the next morning.

EDIT: By it tried, I mean that it was in standby and tried to update in the middle of the night.

Might want to verify the internet connection is up at all times. I have three games and they all have downloaded and updated every time before I ever came home. It's honestly been wonderful, much like Steam which I also use regularly.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #1253
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Might want to verify the internet connection is up at all times. I have three games and they all have downloaded and updated every time before I ever came home. It's honestly been wonderful, much like Steam which I also use regularly.

Could have been an internet issue. I can't control when Comcast decides to take themselves down.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #1254
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Could have been an internet issue. I can't control when Comcast decides to take themselves down.

I can't wait to get Google Fiber and rid myself of the Time Warner beast.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #1255
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Remote play on PS4 is really nice. My friend just brought his Vita over to my place and he was playing Killzone on his PS Vita while connected to his US PS4 at home via the internet. Didn't know you could do it over the net!

I'm preordered on the asian version and am seriously thinking about picking up the Vita as well.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #1256
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
My roommates just got a 3DS and I'm super jealous of the new Zelda game. It's got me considering picking one up, but I've got some questions for anyone with a 3DS:

-How's the library of games? Am I going to have a good bit to choose from, or are there only select titles worth playing?

-Is staring at the 3D effects for long periods of time hard on the eyes? It was a little disorienting to me at first watching my roommates play for a few minutes, hard to imagine that an hour or two in a session wouldn't be a pain. Side note - I don't suffer vertigo or anything of that nature.

-How's the battery life? My roommates have only had it a few days, so I/they don't have much of a feel for it yet.

If you're still looking to get one, Target had the 3DS XL on sale for $149.99 and they have the deal on the bundle with A Link Between Worlds. Just picked up one of those myself.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1257
lungs
Pro Rookie

Got my hands on a PS4 today.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #1258
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Got my hands on a PS4 today.

I was idly playing with the PS4 in GameStop when I went to the mall today. The salesguy actively was like "yeah...don't buy it yet. Wait till there's more than 10 games."

Was thinking to myself "gee i appreciate your honesty, but you don't even want to TRY for the sale?"

edit: and I should add - I wasn't really planning on getting it yet, but just wanted to see how it played.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-15-2013 at 11:13 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #1259
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I was idly playing with the PS4 in GameStop when I went to the mall today. The salesguy actively was like "yeah...don't buy it yet. Wait till there's more than 10 games."

Was thinking to myself "gee i appreciate your honesty, but you don't even want to TRY for the sale?"

This type of honesty would actually make me not only eventually get the system there, but also buy my games there.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #1260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
This type of honesty would actually make me not only eventually get the system there, but also buy my games there.

Yup - he may have earned himself a future sale (I mean assuming he's still there in like 4 months).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-15-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #1261
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yup - he may have earned himself a future sale (I mean assuming he's still there in like 4 months).

Did they even have a PS4 in stock?

Had a guy in the Wal-Mart electronics section the other day assure a guy and his son that the XBox one is a garbage because he went to his friends house and played all the games and they are terrible(he was obviously upset that he didn't have one yet). Truth is that most of the major current gen players are present on the consoles, and upgraded, while each has an exclusive or two as well. More games are in the pipeline for both systems, and how many games are you going to play exactly in that time frame before they hit the shelves too? If you have the money, buy one of your choice, especially if you are going to buy one anyway, and you are interested in any of the games out on any system. Play the definitive person of the multi-platform games. Unless ofcourse you are on the fence, then you should wait, but don't let the lack of games currently scare you away. It isn't like they are just going to stop making PS4 or XBox One games all of a sudden.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-15-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #1262
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

There was a huge amount of PS4 stock available at opening this morning. Most of the metropolitan (i.e. non-rural) Wal-Marts across the nation had 40-50 in stock at opening. Gamestop and Target also both had stock at opening today.

Most of those same retailers are expecting a similar scenario next Sunday at opening with another big shipment expected.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #1263
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

My local Walmart had 1 X1 and 4 PS4s last night just before SNF when I went for a quick beer run.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #1264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Had a guy in the Wal-Mart electronics section the other day assure a guy and his son that the XBox one is a garbage because he went to his friends house and played all the games and they are terrible(he was obviously upset that he didn't have one yet). Truth is that most of the major current gen players are present on the consoles, and upgraded, while each has an exclusive or two as well. More games are in the pipeline for both systems, and how many games are you going to play exactly in that time frame before they hit the shelves too? If you have the money, buy one of your choice, especially if you are going to buy one anyway, and you are interested in any of the games out on any system. Play the definitive person of the multi-platform games. Unless ofcourse you are on the fence, then you should wait, but don't let the lack of games currently scare you away. It isn't like they are just going to stop making PS4 or XBox One games all of a sudden.

I'm not sure.

Oh I know - I would like to play FIFA with the new Ignite engine, but then again they'll be using it for next year's too, and I have GTA V and Assasin's Creed on the PS3 to hold me over for the next few months.

I don't play a lot of games, so theoretically I could pickup the PS4, upgrade my Assasin's Creed to PS4 for $10, and pickup FIFA 14 for the PS4 and just sell back my PS3 copy of GTA V and I'd be perfectly happy for months (until I could pickup GTA for PS4 on sale).

But I'm not in any huge sort of rush to do so - although I did resolve to google and familiarize myself again with the differences between the two versions of FIFA to see if that changes my mind .
Old 12-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #1265
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not sure.

Oh I know - I would like to play FIFA with the new Ignite engine, but then again they'll be using it for next year's too, and I have GTA V and Assasin's Creed on the PS3 to hold me over for the next few months.

I don't play a lot of games, so theoretically I could pickup the PS4, upgrade my Assasin's Creed to PS4 for $10, and pickup FIFA 14 for the PS4 and just sell back my PS3 copy of GTA V and I'd be perfectly happy for months (until I could pickup GTA for PS4 on sale).

But I'm not in any huge sort of rush to do so - although I did resolve to google and familiarize myself again with the differences between the two versions of FIFA to see if that changes my mind .

I've been watching some of the Twitch feeds of FIFA 14 on the PS4. It's a really impressive game. If I receive any gift cards for the holidays, that will definitely be a game I'll impulse buy.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #1266
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been watching some of the Twitch feeds of FIFA 14 on the PS4. It's a really impressive game. If I receive any gift cards for the holidays, that will definitely be a game I'll impulse buy.

Yeah - maybe it was the difficulty level the demo was set on in the store, but it seemed to play a lot more intelligently/even that lil bit closer to the real thing when I fiddled with it briefly.

I'm wavering. lol
Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #1267
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah - maybe it was the difficulty level the demo was set on in the store, but it seemed to play a lot more intelligently/even that lil bit closer to the real thing when I fiddled with it briefly.

I'm wavering. lol

It looks like they have some kind of competition structure built into the online multiplayer part of the game. Watched one guy play 3-4 games. Load times were very good, no lag in play and the play seemed pretty balanced from what I could tell. He had some games where he had to build the attack through passing and then he had another game where he countered quite a bit on a more aggressive player. Was fun to watch.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #1268
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Best Buy currently has stock in both consoles right now. Just released a bunch of PS4's about 45 minutes ago.

Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) In Stock Tracker - NowInStock.net

Still all bundles of X1 in stock as well.

Microsoft Xbox One Pre-Order & In Stock Tracker - Day One Edition Pre-orders Available - NowInStock.net
Old 12-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #1269
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

edit: and I should add - I wasn't really planning on getting it yet, but just wanted to see how it played.

Someone should remind the guy that he's in sales.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #1270
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Someone should remind the guy that he's in sales.

Yeah - to the point up above though - I appreciated the honesty and will go back there to buy it from him when I pull the trigger.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #1271
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Yeah, I shop at my local EB Games regularly now (even though they are generally a tiny bit higher than some other stores) because the owner suggest I buy my PS3 games from Hong Kong instead of his store because even with shipping you are saving nearly 33% on the cost.

Mind you, I already was doing that in cases where I wasn't too impatient, but still.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #1272
Groundhog
Coordinator

Oh, and I pre-ordered my PS4. I'm part of the third wave of releases however, so I don't get mine until Jan 31.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #1273
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Went over to Best Buy tonight to pick up a couple of games using a gift card from my birthday. Literally right inside the door, they had a table with Xbox One signage on it. On top of the table, six Xbox One consoles sitting there waiting for purchase along with a stack of controllers. Guy at the table approached me since I was looking at them and asked me if I wanted to buy one. I told him I was surprised that they had any X1's. He said they had 12 of them on the table Saturday morning and had moved half of them since that point.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #1274
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #1275
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #1276
TroyF
Coordinator

OK, my quick review:

Games for PS4: NBA2K14, Killzone, Call of Duty (have not played)
Games for Xbox1: Forza, Dead Rising 3, Dance something something

Controller:

The PS4's controller is superior to the PS3 controller. It feels good in the hand and the touch pad is pretty cool. The XBox1 controller still feels better to me, but it isn't by a mile like last gen. The PS4 controller does have a huge advantage, it's much quieter. The XBox controller clicks like a mouse with the L1/R1 buttons and well as the directional pad. Overall, I still prefer the Xbox controller, but it's a lot closer. Props to the PS4 controller that I can charge it on a computer straight out of the box without buying anything. Very good move Sony.

Looks of the console:

If you're looking for looks, this is the wrong review. I have plenty of space for both consoles and I don't give a crap.

Menus:

I don't have a preference here. Both are easy to get around in, both take forever to install games, PS4 had some free games at launch which were very cool. Resogun is a great game.

AddOns:

Obviously, I have kinect. . I don't have the PS4 camera because everything I read says Kinect is better.The Kinect is terrific. The wife plays the dance game and loves it. It picks up everything, far better than the first version. As my hip gets stronger, I fully expect to do some exercising with the kinect.

SmartGlass vs. the PS4 app. Ummmm, I'm sorry, but this isn't even a contest. Smart Glass beats the hell out of the PS4 app. I mean, it isn't close. The use of the app in Dead Rising is nothing short of amazing. It really takes the "second" screen effect to a new level. Truly amazing. The PS4's app is ok, but not in the same league.

Remote play: I really love remote play, though I hate the R2/L2 control on the vita. The games all play well on the vita and look great. I really look forward to MLB:The Show. I can see that being a massive game for the system.

XBox media: Have not hooked it up through the TV yet. I do like saying Xbox on and having the system turn on. Not really a selling point, but it is cool.

Overall: Look, this is as close to a draw as you'll ever have. Both systems are good and you'll be happy no matter which one you buy. I thought the Xbox was the best system of last gen. I don't really have an opinion of these two. It really comes down to the exclusive titles (the xbox crushes right now IMO) or if you plan on using Kinect (I havne't seen a single thing that says sony's eye is better than kinect, but if is is for you, fair play)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #1277
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Al my friends who played on the xbox 360 have all preordered PS4s. They werent going to wait a year for the next xbox.

Tbh microsoft didnt really stand a chance is asia, and they've conceded the region completely to Sony.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #1278
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More early numbers from Europe. The following numbers are two weeks of sales from Sony and three weeks of sales from Microsoft. Source is Jeux vidéo PC et consoles - Gamekult. I'll spare the article as it's written in French.

France:
PS4: 100K
XB1: 50K

Spain:
PS4: >80k
XB1: 25k

UK:
PS4: >185k
XB1:140k

Western Europe:
PS4: >500k
XB1: 300k
Old 12-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1279
Kodos
Resident Alien

XB1 might as well quit now and cut their losses!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #1280
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
XB1 might as well quit now and cut their losses!

I see it as much different than you do. I think the lack of sales in Europe is likely because they focused on getting so much product into retailers on this side of the pond. Ultimately, that's where MS is going to have their best sales, so it makes perfect sense as opposed to putting product on shelves in Europe that may or may not move.

Now, we'll have to see if those numbers in Europe improve as we move into Spring 2014, but I'd say it can be excused at this point as more of a strategic move.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #1281
SackAttack
Head Coach

Anybody else hear that whooshing noise?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #1282
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #1283
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Or the noise of posters failing to notice that I'm pretending not to get it.

I thought it was a better response than 'it's pretty obvious that MS has a problem on their hands' because that's the real issue. We get the whooshing sound every day when Major Nelson is talking at this point. He's really grasping for straws right now with his 'we're trying to meet demand' tweets and posts while the console has been available online for days now and consoles sit in retailers unpurchased. I'm also shocked at this point that there aren't more people comparing this situation to the PS3 launch. It's honestly a dead ringer at this point for what we were seeing from Sony execs in the days after that launch. Consoles available everywhere and yet they kept claiming they were nowhere to be found.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-18-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #1284
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'm sure Canada is different but from an annecdotal perspective I have yet to see a single XBone or PS4 in any store up here. They appear equally difficult to acquire from my perspective (not that I'm actively trying to acquire one, but I do keep my eyes open out of curiosity).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #1285
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I'm sure Canada is different but from an annecdotal perspective I have yet to see a single XBone or PS4 in any store up here. They appear equally difficult to acquire from my perspective (not that I'm actively trying to acquire one, but I do keep my eyes open out of curiosity).

I think America has been flooded with X1 consoles at this point in lieu of other countries. The one positive that I could see is if they can push enough through in America and sell more than the PS4 (which is supply constrained when compared to demand), they can at least claim they sold more than Sony on their home turf. That has to be the strategy given what we've seen thus far in regards to retail and online.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1286
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

Probably is different. I'm no fanboy, but I can backup what MBBF is saying a little bit. I see XBoxes all the time, never seen a PS4 sitting on a shelf. In my hunt for a PS4, I could have purchased an XBox multiple times instead, last time I went to best buy they had a stack of about 50 of them. Ditto on Black Friday @ Wal Mart, except it was even worse for the XBox as they had zero interest, no line for them. I don't know if it is a demand problem for the XBox, a supply problem for the PS4, a combo of both, or if Microsoft is just doing a solid job getting the XBox out there.

From things I have read around the internet I would say it is a combo of Microsoft doing a good job of getting the XBox out there combined with consumers being more interested in the PS4. I don't think it is fair to say that the XBox isn't selling. I don't think stores are getting them in and NOT selling them, they are just sitting on shelves for a bit. Probably means that supply is starting to catch up with demand for Microsoft a bit. For now, Microsoft continues to sell every XBox they manufacture and they should be happy about that.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #1287
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I guess th question I have is, So What?
What does that mean for consumers?

I get waving the flag for a brand or a product but so long as there is enough demand for the game developer market to continue to support the product, and enough gamers to be able to find an online match of why does it matter to anyone how many X! or PS4 are sitting o the shelf at Wal Mart?

I guess this is my parallel. I will goto my grave believing that Plasma is a superior technology in damn near every way to LED/LCD TVs for consumer home use.

I own 11 TVs in my house and 9 of them are Plasmas (the other two..well they dont malke a plasma small enough)..but Plasma like bet video cassettes before them are losing the market despite being superior technology. In 40 months you likely wont be able to buy a new Plasma set in the US.

So what.

I've enjoyed the superior picture and perfomance to this point. When it comes time to buy a new TV and I cant buy a Plasma I will buy the best available at that time and enjoy it. I am never going to waste a minute of my life lamenting the fact of its demise. I dont feel a sense of self pride when I walk in a friend's house and see a plasma, nor do I feel shame when they buy an LED set. Sorry this thread has bothered me for a few days and Im not sure why. As long as I can play one of these consoles and have fun I will win.

These are entertainment devices.

I just dont get the obsession with which brand is selling more when it has zero impact on personal enjoyment.

Can anyone help explain that to me?

Is this a business and marketing case study? Because if it is there are dozen better brand wars to obsess over.

Is it buyer remorse?
Or brand pride?

What drives anyone to research sales figures? Am I the only one here NOT in the console sales and develpment business?

Sorry I try to stay a pretty low key poster most everywhere but in CFB threads because..well it is a true passion of mine and for a period of time this past year I actually made a financial living out of following and reporting happenings there so in those instances I felt able to contribute to the community.

Sorry for the rant. just trying to understand the motivation behind the passion.

Guess I just neeed to stay out of this thread.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1288
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm probably whiffing here but I can come up with 2 answers for CU Tiger's question.

I think one is the community of being part of the "winning" team. One could ask why a sports fan get elated when their team wins the big game or gets depressed when their team misses the playoffs. It has little practical effect on the fan's life yet still elicits emotion. Who wants to back the losing horse?

In a more practical matter, if your console sells well then the console you bought is more likely to get exclusives and won't miss out on 3rd party games.

By the way PCs are superior to any console
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #1289
Kodos
Resident Alien

PC games suck.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #1290
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Blasphemer!

I also find it ironic you made that comment (serious or not) on a forum for a PC game.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 12-18-2013 at 11:53 AM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1291
Kodos
Resident Alien

Whatever floats your boat. I like to play games on my TV.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1292
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Is this a business and marketing case study? Because if it is there are dozen better brand wars to obsess over.

Is it buyer remorse?
Or brand pride?

What drives anyone to research sales figures? Am I the only one here NOT in the console sales and develpment business?

Sorry I try to stay a pretty low key poster most everywhere but in CFB threads because..well it is a true passion of mine and for a period of time this past year I actually made a financial living out of following and reporting happenings there so in those instances I felt able to contribute to the community.

Sorry for the rant. just trying to understand the motivation behind the passion.

Guess I just neeed to stay out of this thread.

The business of video games is a big passion for a lot of people both from a business, marketing and interest perspective. If you're not interested, you're probably likely not to care. There's millions of people who wonder why the hell you bother talking about something as stupid as sports, but you obviously have interest in it as well.

The video game industry is also an extreme example of how much consumer psychology plays a huge part in sales. The balance of putting out a certain number of consoles while making sure that a demand remains early in the release cycle is amazing stuff. And it only comes along once every few years. You don't care about it and that's fine. But for someone like me who deals in business, marketing, and accounting as my life, it's the equivalent of the business Olympics.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1293
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Really can't answer your question CU. I think they are both going to do well. I hope the WiiU does well too. If one did start to do really poorly they could end up like the Saturn or the Dreamcast I guess, but I don't think it is likely.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #1294
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I also think the additional boost in PS4 sales over Xbox1 is the fanboys are going to get theirs and get it now and the bulk of those that are rabid about their consoles are those who have drank teh Sony koolaid much like those who have drank Apples...

It's no secret I hitch my wagon to M$ with a complete integrated home with Win 8, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone, it allows for a complete solution for me.

For right now though, with the economy and $ being tight, I am taking a wait and see approach on which consoles crank out my favorite titles better and honestly, price drop is key. I will tell you this much though, I am leaning to the Xbox 1 over the PS4...
Old 12-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #1295
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Whatever floats your boat. I like to play games on my TV.

Not sure if you are trolling or just under-informed, but nearly every GPU has an HDMI output nowadays. PC's output to both 1080p and 720p, console controllers work for PC games, and Steam has a mode designed to be completely operated by just a controller. Switching to that mode is nearly identical to booting up a console complete with a similar UI. Put all of this together and I think you can figure out where PC games can be played in 2013.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1296
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
It's no secret I hitch my wagon to M$ with a complete integrated home with Win 8, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone, it allows for a complete solution for me.

This part of the MS product is what they've done right in America. They're creating an integrated product that tries to keep you within their offerings, much like Apple has done in the past. Sony hasn't reached this point yet, but they're making a smart move this generation by differentiating themselves as the cheapest of the options while still providing an optimal gaming experience.

The problem that MS is facing right now worldwide is the backlash over the same integration that makes the product desirable here in the U.S. The X1 has seen significant problems integrating with the TV offerings on that side of the pond. With the product not working as seamlessly on that side of the pond, it hasn't sold nearly as well.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #1297
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This part of the MS product is what they've done right in America. They're creating an integrated product that tries to keep you within their offerings, much like Apple has done in the past. Sony hasn't reached this point yet, but they're making a smart move this generation by differentiating themselves as the cheapest of the options while still providing an optimal gaming experience.

The problem that MS is facing right now worldwide is the backlash over the same integration that makes the product desirable here in the U.S. The X1 has seen significant problems integrating with the TV offerings on that side of the pond. With the product not working as seamlessly on that side of the pond, it hasn't sold nearly as well.

The cheapest of the options? If it's just 2, it's the cheaper option, right?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #1298
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
The cheapest of the options? If it's just 2, it's the cheaper option, right?

SI

I suppose there still is the Wii U, though I'm not sure anyone even notices any more.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1299
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I suppose there still is the Wii U, though I'm not sure anyone even notices any more.

If it's between the XBone and PS4, it's the cheaper option but if it's between the XBone, PS4, and WiiU then the WiiU is cheapest.

Just a little grammar tweaking. I'm sure it was an honest mistake because it would be petty to just take cheap shots or be willfully incorrect.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-18-2013 at 03:02 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #1300
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
If it's between the XBone and PS4, it's the cheaper option but if it's between the XBone, PS4, and WiiU then the WiiU is cheapest.

Just a little grammar tweaking. I'm sure it was an honest mistake because it would be petty to just take cheap shots or be willfully incorrect.

SI

You're going to have to take it to the English thread. I graduated long ago when looking at the pictures in the book got me by.