Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #1251
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I never thought I would share a message board with the person who wrote the script for "Reefer Madness".

Booze causes more deaths in a single day than weed causes in 100 years.

Only because they can't find their car keys.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #1252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Stay classy Darington Hobson

Quote:
''They played the best game of their life tonight,'' Hobson said. ''They're not even that good. They just played a good game tonight. We weren't ready, and they beat us.''
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #1253
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Anyone know where the times for Thursdays games are listed?

They won't announce them until all of the games are set and TV can have a look at how they want to arrange them.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #1254
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
They won't announce them until all of the games are set and TV can have a look at how they want to arrange them.

Kind of figured, someone had something on Facebook about a time for next week but figured they were full of shit.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #1255
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

2 key things in the Mizzou/West Virginia game would scare me if I were a Mizzou fan.

West Virginia Offense Rebounding % 41.9(2)
Mizzou Offensive Rebounding allowed % 37.7(329)

West Virginia To's % 18.1(56)

West Virginia is going to control the glass and they are well above average at not turning the ball over.

I'm taking Syracuse -6.5 and West Virginia -6 today in hopes that the Big East riff raff has cleared themselves out.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-21-2010 at 11:10 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #1256
whomario
Pro Starter

Go Gonzaga ! Syracuse is playing tons of zone, right ? Bouldin has to have a big game and Harris hit from outside as well.

Well, thatīs another way to score against the zone by Harris there
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #1257
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love Cornell getting 4.5 today, I don't see Wisconsin having an answer for their inside game.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #1258
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I wouldn't touch the Badger/Cornell game today at all. I see the Badgers winning 10+ but I could also see them struggle and it could go down to the wire. Kenpom has the Badgers winning by 8. FWIW
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #1259
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Go Gonzaga ! Syracuse is playing tons of zone, right ? Bouldin has to have a big game and Harris hit from outside as well.

Go Zags as well

Then again, at this point, I'd like to see as much chaos as possible so of course, we're going to see chalk all afternoon

And then the second weekend, Cinderella rarely has much of a chance

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #1260
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I wouldn't touch the Badger/Cornell game today at all. I see the Badgers winning 10+ but I could also see them struggle and it could go down to the wire. Kenpom has the Badgers winning by 8. FWIW

I agree. They are the media darlings so everyone is taking them. Like you said all of the numbers have Wisconsin dominating.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-21-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #1261
whomario
Pro Starter

Man, Elias with a great agressive game so far Bouldin needs to get involved though for them to maintain the pressure on Syracuseīs zone and not let them sink in on the catch all the time.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #1262
molson
General Manager

Syracuse is terrifyingly lacking in depth without Onuaku. Sutherland and Riley are painful to watch when they have to sit Jackson down with foul trouble. This game is a pick 'em.

Edit: Though it's great to see this run with Jackson the bench.

Last edited by molson : 03-21-2010 at 11:53 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #1263
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
2 key things in the Mizzou/West Virginia game would scare me if I were a Mizzou fan.

West Virginia Offense Rebounding % 41.9(2)
Mizzou Offensive Rebounding allowed % 37.7(329)

West Virginia To's % 18.1(56)

West Virginia is going to control the glass and they are well above average at not turning the ball over.

I'm taking Syracuse -6.5 and West Virginia -6 today in hopes that the Big East riff raff has cleared themselves out.

WVU will give up their turnovers. You're somewhat pointing out both ends of what Mizzou looks for in a success formula. Add the margin in the turnover department to the margin in the rebounding department. If Mizzou comes out positive in that calculation, they have an extremely high winning percentage. If they come out on the losing end of that formula, they're a below .500 team.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #1264
kingfc22
Head Coach

Zags look awful against this zone and they can't stop Cuse on defense either.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #1265
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Syracuse is terrifyingly lacking in depth without Onuaku. Sutherland and Riley are painful to watch when they have to sit Jackson down with foul trouble. This game is a pick 'em.

Edit: Though it's great to see this run with Jackson the bench.

Even with the cuse 16 point lead is it a pick'em?
Old 03-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #1266
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, crap! I thought this game started at noon.. what a bunch of crap!!

Oh, well. Doesn't look close so I guess that's okay.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #1267
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had a couple of thoughts while watching that first half:

1.) Was reminded that Harris is really good. Way smarter player than you would expect from a freshman and he shows you more athleticism than expected about once/half. I'm wondering if there is any draft buzz around him?
2.) Gonzaga really seemed intent on pushing the ball inside against the depleted 'Cuse front line, but that seemed to take their perimeter guys out of the game. Or else their perimeter guys just stunk ... take your pick.
3.) Syracuse's offense really started running a ton better when Jardine came into the game. Before that, it felt like everyone besides Johnson was pretty much standing around.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #1268
whomario
Pro Starter

yep, looks like Harris is the only one having any clue how to play/move against the zone working that baseline. Sacre keeps posting up directly in front of the play which makes it virtually impossible to pass him the ball, Gray seems to have no clue what to do in general, Bouldin fails to get open, Goodson simply canīt shoot (4 made threes all season as a starting guard)

Syracuse just look solid, moving the ball, hitting shots and Johnson is awesome.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #1269
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Even with the cuse 16 point lead is it a pick'em?

Not anymore.....

I'm been pessimistic about Syracuse all year and they keep surprising me.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #1270
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Had a couple of thoughts while watching that first half:

1.) Was reminded that Harris is really good. Way smarter player than you would expect from a freshman and he shows you more athleticism than expected about once/half. I'm wondering if there is any draft buzz around him?

consensus is that heīs a sure first rounder and could propably go around 15-20 this year if he came out, hasnīt said anything about that subject though.
Question marks are that heīs "old" for a freshman (20 allready) and doesnīt have a definitive position in the NBA, but his jump shot got a lot better from last year and even as the year went on, so he might just make the transition to being a 3 that can play some 4 against smaller teams.

Hasnīt played on a high level in Germany but in the 3rd division last year as he planned to go to College all along, had to go out of his way to stay eligible seeing as the NCAA still hasnīt gotten over their stupidity in that area ...
Did get noticed by german national team coach though and played in last years european championship. Not a ton, but valuable experience iīm sure.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #1271
whomario
Pro Starter

boy, Rautins can gun it

Last edited by whomario : 03-21-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #1272
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Why when there are 8 games today in 3 timed starts do they have only 1 game start at noon?
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #1273
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Why when there are 8 games today in 3 timed starts do they have only 1 game start at noon?

Lots of people still in church.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #1274
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Hate the scheduling.

This 1 / 4 / 3 format is bullshit.

I will have all the games on, plus a TV on Bristol, and another on the Transitions final round, but theres no need to force half the games on at one point during an 8 game slate.

Also hate the NFL when they schedule 10 1pm games and 3 4pm ones.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #1275
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I love Cornell getting 4.5 today, I don't see Wisconsin having an answer for their inside game.

I like Cornell as well in this game.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1276
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
WVU will give up their turnovers. You're somewhat pointing out both ends of what Mizzou looks for in a success formula. Add the margin in the turnover department to the margin in the rebounding department. If Mizzou comes out positive in that calculation, they have an extremely high winning percentage. If they come out on the losing end of that formula, they're a below .500 team.

Huggins seemed pretty confident about his team's ability to handle Missouri's pressure in his interview earlier this week. It was a local radio show so they were asking him questions on how the Mountaineers would theoretically handle Missouri. Normally Huggins is a straight shooter so I could definitely see WVU getting some open looks from good passing. And if MU can't get easy baskets on turnovers then they will be in trouble.

I still like MU in this one. I haven't seen how WVU handles the pressure so until I do I'm going to stick with the known commodity in MU. Should be a good game.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1277
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Hate the scheduling.

Also hate the NFL when they schedule 10 1pm games and 3 4pm ones.

+1
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #1278
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
I like Cornell as well in this game.

I get scared when 2/3rds or more of the ppl like the Ivy underdog.

Cornell, A+M, and Puke are the most popular teams on the board today.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #1279
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

lol@ Syracuse fans going nuts over a simple foul call up 25 with 6 minutes to go. It almost makes me feel pathetic by proxy.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #1280
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Huggins seemed pretty confident about his team's ability to handle Missouri's pressure in his interview earlier this week. It was a local radio show so they were asking him questions on how the Mountaineers would theoretically handle Missouri. Normally Huggins is a straight shooter so I could definitely see WVU getting some open looks from good passing. And if MU can't get easy baskets on turnovers then they will be in trouble.

I still like MU in this one. I haven't seen how WVU handles the pressure so until I do I'm going to stick with the known commodity in MU. Should be a good game.

I'm sure Missouri will get their share of turnovers (particularly early on, in my opinion) but I think the thing to watch will be during the times when WVU breaks the press, whether or not they set up in the half court offense or if they try to get quick/cheap baskets. They aren't a great transition team and don't want a high scoring game, so I imagine they would prefer to set up and dictate the flow a little bit.

We've done a little of each against the pressing teams that we have played (Off the top of my head Louisville, Villanova, and Cleveland State come to mind) and it really depends on whether or not we are smart after breaking the press or if we fly in out of control to the basket against their safety or chuck up semi-open threes (we are not a good outside shooting team outside of Butler and Mitchell).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #1281
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Well, before this game gets too far underway, I want to say that Maryland has had a good run. This season turned out significantly better than I thought it would. If we go on, I'll be stoked, but I'm really not counting on it.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #1282
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm sure Missouri will get their share of turnovers (particularly early on, in my opinion) but I think the thing to watch will be during the times when WVU breaks the press, whether or not they set up in the half court offense or if they try to get quick/cheap baskets. They aren't a great transition team and don't want a high scoring game, so I imagine they would prefer to set up and dictate the flow a little bit.

And hopefully Mizzou can bait them into taking the quick shots. Mizzou will let you take the long quick shot all day long, much like we saw with Clemson. The key is that you better make it.

Hopefully this'll be a good one.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #1283
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

REALLY wide spread by WVU. Huggy's looking to isolate and back cut.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #1284
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, Maryland, I know I said I'd understand if you didn't move on, but don't freaking embarrass yourself.

/tk
Old 03-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #1285
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

{shakes head} GT shooting 50% from the floor, tOSU is cold ... and the lead was just two points late in the first half, with four players with two fouls each.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #1286
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Jeez, the Badgers need to uh, play a little better...
Old 03-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #1287
SackAttack
Head Coach

So, uh, I have West Virginia winning this game in my bracket, and advancing all the way to the Elite Eight.

I'm willing to let my bracket bleed a little more by being wrong there.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #1288
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Coach Anderson really has to like the pace of play thus far. Really surprised how easily Mizzou is getting into transition.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #1289
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Not often you will see a Ivy team with an advantage physically over a Big Ten team but at this point Im not sure so Cornell isnt a more physcial team.

I believe Wisconsin is in trouble.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #1290
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Small children should not be exposed to the Gt-tOSU matchup.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #1291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

#$%Q#$% Hewitt
Old 03-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #1292
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Terps shooting 38% a little more than halfway into the first half.
Disgusting.

/tk
Old 03-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #1293
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan St is doing their part in turning the ball over, Maryland's not doing their job and capitalizing on said turnovers.

/tk
Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #1294
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Cornell making everything so far... Leuer singlehandidly keeping the badgers in it.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #1295
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Cornell making everything so far... Leuer singlehandidly keeping the badgers in it.

The fact that Cornell is getting offensive rebounds is the most disturbing part for me.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #1296
Swaggs
Coordinator

Refs are letting them play -- I'm not sure who that will benefit down the road. I think Butler has been hit a couple of times (one on the drive and it looked like the Missouri guy high fived him on the partially blocked three), but I think that charge we drew was pretty questionable, too. Hopefully, it won't be like the Big East tourney games where they let them play for 30-minutes and then started calling everything.

Pretty intense and fun game, early on though. I'm encouraged that Truck was able to give 7-8 pretty good minutes against the press to begin with. There is no doubt that Mazzulla will be playing point down the stretch.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #1297
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The fact that Cornell is getting offensive rebounds is the most disturbing part for me.

Considering the defensive rebounding effeciency that the badgers usually grab, no shit scary as hell.

It will stop soon though.. I think
Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #1298
Schmidty
Coordinator

This is MSU's game for the taking. They better not let another team back into a game they're totally contolling.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #1299
Schmidty
Coordinator

Great. Now Lucas is hurt.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #1300
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Great. Now Lucas is hurt.

As much as I want the Terps to win, I hope he's ok. Ankles suck.

/tk