Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #1251
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I hate to bump this for my own personal satisfaction but...
Old 01-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #1252
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
I hate to bump this for my own personal satisfaction but...

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but congrats on getting to the big time!

I do have a question, however, regarding player instructions...

I realize I can save formations/tactical setups, etc., but is there a way to lock instructions to a particular player? For example, I have a set formation that I am running with a fairly stable starting 11. About 60 minutes into the game I'll often sub in a few players, but each time I do I go in and change some of the individual instructions for them to accomodate the different skills that they have compared to the starters. It'd be nice if I could lock particular settings to a player rather than to a particular formation.

This would also be helpful when I want to flip a couple of central midfielders, strikers, central defenders etc.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 01-19-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #1253
Koryo
n00b

If Mr. Vaughan is still looking for other bugs, then add the following:

When winning a semi final match of a cup game the message in the highlights says "xxxx has won, they are through to the !!"

National teams: the confidence area is strange, one week the board and the fans are ecstatic about you being the coach and the next week (without a game being played or other cup competition happening) it will say that in both areas that your performance is slightly below what a coach of your stature should have accomplished. The following week/month...its back up again.

Coach status: Is Continental the highest status a manager can achieve? I've noticed that over time assistant managers who are world class but get a coaching job (and are still successful) eventually have there reputaion drop to continental. Same with World Class managers at the start of the game, guys like Mourinho, Wenger, and Ferguson don't stay world class very long.
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #1254
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but congrats on getting to the big time!

I do have a question, however, regarding player instructions...

I realize I can save formations/tactical setups, etc., but is there a way to lock instructions to a particular player? For example, I have a set formation that I am running with a fairly stable starting 11. About 60 minutes into the game I'll often sub in a few players, but each time I do I go in and change some of the individual instructions for them to accomodate the different skills that they have compared to the starters. It'd be nice if I could lock particular settings to a player rather than to a particular formation.

This would also be helpful when I want to flip a couple of central midfielders, strikers, central defenders etc.
Yes, it's possible. But you have to do some minor file editing. I'm at work so I can't remember the path, but if no one else gets to it this afternoon I can give you the instructions on how to do it this evening.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #1255
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Ok, found these again over at SI:

Quote:
To edit the preset player instructions templates you need to edit the tactical_template.xml file. This can be located in the default directory C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data\tactics

Then once you see the tactical_template.xml file right click on it and choose to open it with notepad. Then at the top it explains what the values range from and how to change them. then edit them to suit how you want them to be

It make's it much easier to edit them because making subs is much easier then if your bringing a different sort of player on and want to mix things up. But find it too time consuming to change every single stat. Well by editing this it will be faster and a lot easier.

Any trouble just ask, but its all self explanatory.
The above was stolen from a SI Forum post. Basically you can just copy and paste the existing templates and then name them by individual player. I utilize this and it's great. Plus, when you make changes and then save the new template you don't have to restart the game for the changes to take effect, you can just change skins and the changes will take effect. Saves a lot of time.

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 01-19-2006 at 02:20 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #1256
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
Ok, found these again over at SI:

The above was stolen from a SI Forum post. Basically you can just copy and paste the existing templates and then name them by individual player. I utilize this and it's great. Plus, when you make changes and then save the new template you don't have to restart the game for the changes to take effect, you can just change skins and the changes will take effect. Saves a lot of time.

Woot. Thank ya!
Old 01-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #1257
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Just wanted to comment that I'm officially immersed in my game in the Russian First Division (2nd Level out of 2).

I've slowly but steadily built up my team, and now have brought in young or pre-peak players at GK, DR, DC x 2, ML, MC, and SC (x many).

We're not going to promote this year (need to finish top 2 to promote), but we've lost 1 out of our last 20 (or so games), and absent our .500-ish first 10 games, we'd be right in the race for promotion. Moreover, my guys brought in last year and the middle of this year are finally starting to gel.

The one thing that is frustrating is the 3 foreign players in the matchday squad rule!

Anybody else tried or had luck in Russia or even Eastern Europe?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #1258
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Anybody notice that player valuations are tremendously improved in this version?

Examples:

-I have a guy, Andrey Tsalipin, left winger, clearly the best player on my team. He's valued at around $50k as he's playing pretty well but not great for us early on. I manage to sell him in an incentive-laden deal for FC Moscow, battling for the Premier Division title. (They overpaid, but it's spread out over time, so I think it's realistic). Anywho, he pretty much just can't get it done at the next level, and by the 2nd season he's a full-time reserve, where he hasn't recorded any goals or assists. When I first sold him, his value jumped to over $100k. Now, it's $10k -- definitely about right IMO.

-Jernej Janza was a young (17yo) Slovenian winger who I brought in for $45k even though he wasn't valued that highly (because left wing was a need position -- see above). His value when he arrives on my team is like $5k -- he hasn't done anything to raise above that, having never seen first-team action. Well, he becomes my full-time left winger, and plays fairly well (but not great). His value goes up to $10k. Then, he gets a call-up to the Slovenian U19 team -- and his value takes a big jump to $75k!!

-Konstantin Gomlenko -- bring him in from FC Moscow for $5k -- he was a backup there and didn't blow anyone away. He has a fantastic year for us, and slowly but surely his value climbs and climbs and climbs to $400k -- wasn't one big jump, but as he became more and more dominant throughout the year his value accompanied it.

Valuations just seem so much more fluid and realistic, and actual performance seems to have a big effect!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #1259
Shepp
High School Varsity

I have warned or fined players for being sent off and them come back and say that I was too harsh. What is a good policy to use when warning/fining players for bieng sent off, poor performance, and unsportmanlike conduct? Also, what is a good example of unsportsman like conduct in the parameters of the game?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #1260
Karim
College Starter

I start with an official warning for a red card if it is warranted. If I was ordering the guy to tackle hard and the referee was giving out cards like candy, it makes little sense to discipline the player. I had a run where one of my starters got a red, I didn't discipline him and two younger players subsequently took reds in the next two games. A fine would be warranted in my books if he disregarded your initial verbal warning.

I warn a player for a poor performance if they put in a '4' rating. I warn a regular starter for poor performance if they fail to crack '7' in 5 consecutive starts and have had at least one '5' rating. Five '6''s in a row just means a benching, not a warning. Again, you have to be careful. If the poor performance is a direct result of you asking him to do something he cannot (i.e., playing out of position) or if you're in a Cup game against vastly superior competition, it makes little sense to come down hard.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #1261
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
I start with an official warning for a red card if it is warranted. If I was ordering the guy to tackle hard and the referee was giving out cards like candy, it makes little sense to discipline the player. I had a run where one of my starters got a red, I didn't discipline him and two younger players subsequently took reds in the next two games. A fine would be warranted in my books if he disregarded your initial verbal warning.

I warn a player for a poor performance if they put in a '4' rating. I warn a regular starter for poor performance if they fail to crack '7' in 5 consecutive starts and have had at least one '5' rating. Five '6''s in a row just means a benching, not a warning. Again, you have to be careful. If the poor performance is a direct result of you asking him to do something he cannot (i.e., playing out of position) or if you're in a Cup game against vastly superior competition, it makes little sense to come down hard.

Shit - you're one tough SOB. If you're managing a team in my area, I'm looking for another team!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #1262
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp
I have warned or fined players for being sent off and them come back and say that I was too harsh. What is a good policy to use when warning/fining players for bieng sent off, poor performance, and unsportmanlike conduct? Also, what is a good example of unsportsman like conduct in the parameters of the game?

Also bear in mind that just because a player sulks it DOESNT mean it was a bad decision, most temperamental players (the ones who need to be straightened out most) will sulk when pulled up - BUT if you stick at it then they'll come around and stop acting like prats over time.

Also some players actually play better when upset and they feel they've something to prove (then again some don't ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #1263
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Valuations just seem so much more fluid and realistic, and actual performance seems to have a big effect!

(waits for reality and people reporting bugs and flaws to kick back in )
Old 01-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #1264
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:

I wonder if it makes a difference what they got the red card for. For example, I've had guys trip opponents on a breakaway and pick up a red card. This seems quite a bit different to me than if a player punches someone.

I also wonder to what degree the halftime talk can impact the player's future behavior in this regard. I'll usually choose "angry" or what ever other pissed off adjective is available at the moment if the option to talk with a red-carded player at halftime is available. It seems that red-carded players disappear at the end of the game and I can't talk with them.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:49 AM   #1265
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
Shit - you're one tough SOB. If you're managing a team in my area, I'm looking for another team!
LOL! And here I was thinking I was too lenient, always sympathizing, encouraging, being pleased and delighted.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:53 AM   #1266
Karim
College Starter

For those who have started out in a lower-league, when were you able to go after better staff?

I'm in my third season (promoted in year one, finished 6th in year two) and am fighting for promotion in the Conference. In the process, I've made about $2 million profit. I'm not a big transfer buyer but I'd like to be able to offer staff more than $4000/yr on a part-time contract. Is there any way to inform the board to loosen up the strings for staff?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #1267
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I wonder if it makes a difference what they got the red card for. For example, I've had guys trip opponents on a breakaway and pick up a red card. This seems quite a bit different to me than if a player punches someone.

I also wonder to what degree the halftime talk can impact the player's future behavior in this regard. I'll usually choose "angry" or what ever other pissed off adjective is available at the moment if the option to talk with a red-carded player at halftime is available. It seems that red-carded players disappear at the end of the game and I can't talk with them.

It does the cause of the card has an effect on the length of ban and the situation may cause a harsher card or offence in one occurance than another.

For example a trip in a midfield melee with no chargrin will probably rate a yellow card, however if the player fouling was the last man back and the attacker would have been through on goal then its a professional foul (ie. he is presumed to have done it to prevent the goal) and he's likely to be sent off.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #1268
Shepp
High School Varsity

Thanks guys I'll see if that helps. I'm still not clear on the definition of unprofessional behaviour. Would it be like Mark posted above where the player intentionally fouled a player to prevent a score or would it be something else all together?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #1269
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks guys I'll see if that helps. I'm still not clear on the definition of unprofessional behaviour. Would it be like Mark posted above where the player intentionally fouled a player to prevent a score or would it be something else all together?

I think in FM, the "Unpro Beh." fines are for strictly off-the-field stuff (missing training, complaining to media, etc.)
Old 01-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #1270
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Marc,
have the loan problems for the EPL been fixed in FM 2006 ? What bothered me the most in FM 2005 that you can't take players older than 24 on season or half season loans (like Tony Warner this year, or Pandiani and/or Nefti last year, or Diouf the year before) - they are limited to 3 months. That always bothered me, and I think I raised the issue on the SI boards as well.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #1271
Karim
College Starter

Ok,

I've just been offered a new contract and my salary budget has increased from $585k to $2.8 million and yet, I still cannot offer coaches more than $4k/yr.

???

Last edited by Karim : 01-22-2006 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #1272
daedalus
Pro Rookie

How much you can offer staff seems to also be dependent on what the board think of them.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #1273
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
How much you can offer staff seems to also be dependent on what the board think of them.

I was gonna say the exact same thing. To some coach I can offer some very high wages yet to some other, I'm very limited...

FM
Old 01-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #1274
Ramzavail
College Starter

Get a game free
SEGA of America are offering you the chance to get a free game when you purchase either the Try and Buy version of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 or NHL EHM 2005. Visit : SEGA America for more details

I saw this on the front page of the sigames.com website.

Did I miss a chance to get EHM for free?
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #1275
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail
Get a game free
SEGA of America are offering you the chance to get a free game when you purchase either the Try and Buy version of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 or NHL EHM 2005. Visit : SEGA America for more details

I saw this on the front page of the sigames.com website.

Did I miss a chance to get EHM for free?

Follow the link. I'm pretty sure the free game is Virtua Fighter or something like that. You don't get to choose which free game you get.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #1276
Ramzavail
College Starter

I followed the link and he didn't reveal any answers.

I already purchased WWSM in November, I was just wondering if I missed something, b/c I'm half interested in buying EHM.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #1277
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail
I followed the link and he didn't reveal any answers.

I already purchased WWSM in November, I was just wondering if I missed something, b/c I'm half interested in buying EHM.

It's been confirmed on the SI forums that you buy one or the other SI Game and get a crap game from Sega, Virtua Fighter or another...

FM
Old 01-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #1278
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Might I suggest trying the demo - its available on sigames.com ...
Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #1279
Blade6119
Coordinator

I just finished my first season, and wow...hadnt bought a CM/FM since 00/01 and i was quite happy...pulled out the title on the last day by upsetting the league leaders to win by a point and having #2 draw their opponent...after selling off most of my stars half way through the year when i was bottom half and just buying under-21 players to build for the future...the back-ups started winning, and everything clicked. With a week to go my keeper got the flu but i kept him in town due to only one more match. 7 of my starters went down for that final match, and a largely 18-19 year old squad pulled it out. The media even discussed the youth. Im very impressed. Not so happy my order of EHM got cancelled on amazon due to god knows what...amazon wont give me a straight answer, and this is after two delays in the shipping
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #1280
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Might I suggest trying the demo - its available on sigames.com ...

I have and I like it alot but will probably wait for EHM 07
Old 01-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #1281
Koryo
n00b

Quote:

(waits for reality and people reporting bugs and flaws to kick back in )

Since you asked...

Saw these over the weekend:
Won the league cup. Won the league title. Normally when teams do this there is a message that announces that the team has "done the double", but no message here.
Won the FA cup. Got a message about "doing the triple".
Won the Champion's league. "XXXX has done the double!!" Um, ok.

What's with the 15 and 16 year old regens that are created without a team (the same time that regens are normally created for a specific country) and then promptly retire? Some of them very promising players. A bigger question may be why they do not have teams.

How are special moves created? Do they develop over time? Every regen that I've checked so far is without them but maybe they appear once a player hits his 20's.

Last edited by Koryo : 01-23-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #1282
Koryo
n00b

I tried Norwich, but once I realized that the script was unreadable when Norwich played in their away green kit (the highlights are green on green and next to impossible to decipher) then I started over with a team that doesn't use dark greens.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #1283
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

has anybody seen some odd draws in the Cups in England? By odd, I mean playing the same team for a few years in a row and not really in the later stages but more like in the 1st and 2nd round.

I'm at the start of the 2008/09 season with Luton Town so this is my 4th season with the club. The draw for the 1st round of the Carling Cup comes, 72 teams are in the draw. We're drawn to play Wycombe whom I think are in League One (or maybe even in Two, not important) and I go "hrm, didn't we play them last year?" and sure enough, we played them in the 2nd round the year before BUT also in the 1st round the year before that!!! How freaky is that? We have also played Manchester Utd in the FA Cup in the last two seasons but once was in round 4 and the other was in round 5 where less teams are left and it could make sense to play a top team in back-to-back seasons but what are the odds of us playing Wycombe three seasons in a row when there are 72 teams in two of these and, I think, 64 in the other (2nd round)???

I simply find it odd...

FM
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #1284
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am yet to play in England in this game. I refurse to do so at the start of a career for some reason. If I end up getting a job down the line there, then I will take it.

Right now I am an Austrian born guy who is coaching the Albion Rovers in Scotland. I have been going slow so I am only in my second season. With that set up for you, I will say that I have faced Queens Park in the first or second round (that I have played in) in 3 cups so far.

I also have to say this on the side. I got promoted from Third Division to Second after my first year, and there is where I am now. I am sitting in 2nd/3rd right now and going insane because of Partick Thistle. They sit in first, with no loses after about 20 games. And they aren't just hot, they are kicking ass. I am not sure what they did wrong to not be promoted from Second to First the year before, because they won the Scottish Cup that year. Yes, a Second Division team knocked off two Premier teams on their way to win the whole cup. I was amazed. And now they kick my ass everytime I play them.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #1285
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koryo

What's with the 15 and 16 year old regens that are created without a team (the same time that regens are normally created for a specific country) and then promptly retire? Some of them very promising players. A bigger question may be why they do not have teams.
I agree, this is annoying, and they keep rejecting my offers...

Else add to that list players with the same first and 2nd nationality.

Old stars still good enough to play (kahn, zidane etc...) but that stay on the free transfer market for one or more seasons before retiring (I'm pretty sure Marseille would offer a contract to zidane...).
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #1286
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I also have to say this on the side. I got promoted from Third Division to Second after my first year, and there is where I am now. I am sitting in 2nd/3rd right now and going insane because of Partick Thistle. They sit in first, with no loses after about 20 games. And they aren't just hot, they are kicking ass. I am not sure what they did wrong to not be promoted from Second to First the year before, because they won the Scottish Cup that year. Yes, a Second Division team knocked off two Premier teams on their way to win the whole cup. I was amazed. And now they kick my ass everytime I play them.
Double check their stadium size - there are minimum requirements in Scotland in some divisions, for instance Falkirk failed to get promoted to the Premiership multiple times despite being the strongest First Division side for quite a while because their stadium wasn't good enough.

(if this is the case then it might cause you problems as the SFA deal with this by NOT relegating someone from the upper division, not promoting the team below the one who don't meet the requirement)
Old 01-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #1287
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Double check their stadium size - there are minimum requirements in Scotland in some divisions, for instance Falkirk failed to get promoted to the Premiership multiple times despite being the strongest First Division side for quite a while because their stadium wasn't good enough.

Partick Thistle wouldn't get turned down for promotion, they were in the SPL a few seasons ago and one of the main reasons they have fallen down the leagues is the financial problems they've had since expanding their stadium to 14k. Firhill must be one of the largest stadiums in Scotland outside the SPL, along with Dundee. I'm also not sure that there is a minimum ground size to get promoted to the Scottish First Division, Brechin City are there at the moment with a stadium that holds around 3k.

If a Scottish 2nd Division team wins the Scottish Cup, then maybe it's not just the Scottish League's finances that need looked at.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #1288
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
Partick Thistle wouldn't get turned down for promotion, they were in the SPL a few seasons ago and one of the main reasons they have fallen down the leagues is the financial problems they've had since expanding their stadium to 14k. Firhill must be one of the largest stadiums in Scotland outside the SPL, along with Dundee. I'm also not sure that there is a minimum ground size to get promoted to the Scottish First Division, Brechin City are there at the moment with a stadium that holds around 3k.

If a Scottish 2nd Division team wins the Scottish Cup, then maybe it's not just the Scottish League's finances that need looked at.

It depends on how far into the game things are - if their financial problems prevent them from upkeeping the stadium then parts of it will be closed by health and safety eventually which could leave them short again ....

(Brightons old stadium back when we had one ( ) ... had its capacity drastically reduced because around 1/3 of it was considered unsafe for use.)
Old 01-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #1289
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
It depends on how far into the game things are - if their financial problems prevent them from upkeeping the stadium then parts of it will be closed by health and safety eventually which could leave them short again ....

(Brightons old stadium back when we had one ( ) ... had its capacity drastically reduced because around 1/3 of it was considered unsafe for use.)

The original post said he was in the second season, so he's not in far enough for Firhill to have collapsed yet.

And I remember the Goldstone Ground, I was a regular when I lived in Brighton Sad day when it got knocked down, shouldn't have been allowed.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #1290
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

No no, it wasn't Partick's stadium size, they just lost out in the 'playoff' to get promoted, they finished second. And I don't think Partick Thistle winning the Scottish cup was a huge fluke, or even a game flaw. They really do have an impressive team. I have built up my Albion Rovers squad and have been taking out First Division teams and played well against the one Premier team I played this season. Partick Thistle is just head and shoulders above me. One thing that is helping them is they have some guys one loan that I could only dream about getting. They will easily get promoted this season.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #1291
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Old 01-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #1292
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

You'd better pray.. praaaaaaaaay.. pray.. praaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

You'd better pray, so he can play some day..
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 PM   #1293
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Still makes me chuckle.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:29 AM   #1294
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Anyone know what impacts the "professionalism" rating in your profile? From reading the SI boards, I thought it came from responding politely to opposing managers, but that doesn't seem to be doing it for me. I've now got a "2" rating there, and I have no idea how it got so low.

Maybe it has something to do with backing out of transfer deals?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:35 AM   #1295
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Anyone know what impacts the "professionalism" rating in your profile? From reading the SI boards, I thought it came from responding politely to opposing managers, but that doesn't seem to be doing it for me. I've now got a "2" rating there, and I have no idea how it got so low.

Maybe it has something to do with backing out of transfer deals?
That and the loyalty rating always seem to take a nose dive for some reason.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #1296
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I don't know for certain, but it would seem that backing out of transfer deals would cause your professionalism to take a hit. If you agree in principle to a deal and then go back on your word, I could see how you might be perceived as someone who isn't playing by the unwritten rules of football and therefore unprofessional.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #1297
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I've got a weird one. I got WWSM '06 off of Digital Download. I think I have a problem with one of my local databases after installation. When I am in game, a number appears at the top of the screen under the page title. For example, if I am on my Manager screen, it has my name in big letters on top, then under it is the US flag and next to the flag is a number. Same thing for competitions. Say I'm looking at the Serie A table. It has Serie A on top, then the Italian flag and a number next to it.

I tried searching here, the SI forums, and Google, but I didn't find anything. I was hoping someone here had seen this before and knew what was going on.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #1298
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think you have ID's turned on, Cartman.. chefk the options screen
Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #1299
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I think you have ID's turned on, Cartman.. chefk the options screen

Yep, that was it. Thanks, that was bugging me!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #1300
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I really need money/credit card. I really gotta stop reading this thread.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote