Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #1251
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Okay, I just didnt see it as a spoiler since it was shown in the previews and ads for next week, and that it technically gives away nothing.

If it was a picture showing Jack killing Locke or something, than I could see it as having/needing a spoiler tag. This picture would just be like showing Locke on the beach during the day, then Locke at night in the jungle.
I don't want to sound like a whiner but I will and then shut up. I would rather not know anything about next weeks episode. I don't watch the previews and I don't watch the ads. I learned about the clock from reading this thread. I don't want people to feel like they can't discuss things here. Just mark it as spoiler so I can ignore it (although a picture is hard to ignore). Everyone is happy. I guess the definition of "spoiler" was the issue. I would like to include previews and scenes from future weeks as spoilers.

Not a big deal. Just increases my enjoyment of the show.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #1252
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I'm eagerly awaiting Raiders Army's conclusions based on this.
I'm sorry, but I was a bit busy this afternoon. From what I can tell, Sawyer looks like Kate gave him a golden shower and now he's gonna give it to her with his gun.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #1253
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock
I would rather not know anything about next weeks episode. I don't watch the previews and I don't watch the ads. I learned about the clock from reading this thread.
No offense, but just don't click on the thread. If you don't want to know anything from the previews prior to seeing the show, then it should be your actions which ensure that...no one else should bear the responsibility of censoring things for you.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #1254
mgadfly
High School Varsity

I agree with VPI97, previews should be fair game. However, if someone has some special knowledge derived from some special source, I'd still appreciate a heads-up that a spoiler is approaching.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #1255
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Previews are for pussies that can't handle their shorts for a week.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #1256
jbmagic
Pro Starter

this thread is open for spoilers and non-spoilers discussions.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #1257
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
this thread is open for spoilers and non-spoilers discussions.

oh, okay
Old 02-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #1258
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I would also cast a vote for not discussing previews; even though I watch the previews for 'Lost', I can understand why people would choose not to.

Seems kinda pointless, anyways; we know the previews are doctored to look totally different from what actually happens.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #1259
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Asking that we not discuss the previews *which were broadcast immedialtely after the current episode* is pretty mush asking people not to discuss the last 5 minutes of the program, or discuss everything except certain plot twists. In reality, the producers choose the content of the previews specifically based on what was just shown, so the amount of "spoiler" material in them is negligible at best. Remember Jin speaking English? Big spoiler? Um, no. And this weeks preview which included (AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW! ZOMG!) the clock counting down to zero was another red herring - it was clearly a different clock than is in the hatch. So, our dear readers who wish to avoid the "spoilage" that is brought on by the previews should pretty much just avoid this thread for a week.

Pussies

Last edited by Toddzilla : 02-10-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #1260
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
dola,

or it could be that Glen Miller's plane famously disappeared over the English Channel.

Bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #1261
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jin can't speak English?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #1262
Desmond
Banned

Well, I loved where the Sawyer ended up, I didn't like how he got there. I didn't think they were very inventive at all this week with tying things together.

As for Charlie, I dunno. I didn't really think it was in character for him except to say that he may be losing his mind, which could be interesting, but so far im not digging it cause he just isn't imposing enough physicaly or hasn't shown me the acting chops to pull off "crazy".

Something else not touched yet in the thread is the reasoning behind Sawyers actions. I know he explained them on the show but i've got a real sense that he intends to lead whatever action against "the others" that is taken. He wants a piece of Zeke and he's going in as a general, not as a grunt.

Im looking forward to Johns reaction to what Sawyer did because I have this sense that John is trying to bring whatever is out there too him, and not vice versa.

As far as the spoilers go, I too don't watch the previews. I just don't wanna know Anything about whats coming up. Is it really so hard to put up a simple tag? I know you might not feel like it's a big deal, but previews are previews because they wanna hook you for the next episode, so they do carry importance, no matter how insignificant they are to you.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #1263
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Locke is facilitating torture now? That's really in character.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #1264
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

LOST: Less interesting every week.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #1265
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I want to bed Kate.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #1266
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
I want to bed Kate.

Rumor is she's carrying a little hobbit inside....
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #1267
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Dola...

So how long until the next episode? I know it's not next week based on the preview.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #1268
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

2 weeks I think.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #1269
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Dammit! That dude playing the felled baloon pilot has been in Lost before - last year? when? I just know I've seen that guy before.....

And can anyone translate heiroglyphics? My glyph skillz are weak. I think it translates as "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine"...

/tf
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #1270
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Dammit! That dude playing the felled baloon pilot has been in Lost before - last year? when? I just know I've seen that guy before.....

And can anyone translate heiroglyphics? My glyph skillz are weak. I think it translates as "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine"...

/tf

Never seen the Balloon guy before.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #1271
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:

I recognize him too, but I doubt it's from Lost. Someone needs to figure out the actor's name.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #1272
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

SAW
Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #1273
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #1274
Swaggs
Coordinator

Was that Kate in the picture the US Army guy was holding?

Perhaps the pilot's wife?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #1275
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Was that Kate in the picture the US Army guy was holding?

Perhaps the pilot's wife?

That Army guy with the picture was Kate's dad, obviously with a pic of Kate.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #1276
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015

Ah... I had forgotten about that. We saw him in his recruiting office in the Kate-centric episode, right?

Good eyes.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #1277
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Ah... I had forgotten about that. We saw him in his recruiting office in the Kate-centric episode, right?

Good eyes.

That's right.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #1278
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

Ah yes... the "not her real dad" dad, right?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:30 PM   #1279
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Ah yes... the "not her real dad" dad, right?

yeah
Old 02-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #1280
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought it was a good episode. I liked the last one too.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #1281
Swaggs
Coordinator

I noticed that the preview didn't say "Next" Wednesday. Checked my Tivo guide and there are no new episodes on the queue.

This is turning crappy. I am considering not watching it anymore until it comes out on DVD. This season has been a killer for momentum--the episodes have been very hit and miss and the breaks are killing me.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #1282
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I noticed that the preview didn't say "Next" Wednesday. Checked my Tivo guide and there are no new episodes on the queue.

This is turning crappy. I am considering not watching it anymore until it comes out on DVD. This season has been a killer for momentum--the episodes have been very hit and miss and the breaks are killing me.

I didn't start watching Season 1 until 3 days before Season 2 premiered. After catching up, I had 3 episodes of Season 2 to watch.

I agree. Watching them all at once was much better. I got to see everything within a small time frame.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #1283
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

/tf

An early post from a different userboard uses:

http://www.eyelid.co.uk/e-name.htm

and says the heiroglyphics translate to syaid or some such... which given that they're shuffling when Locke resets it, implies that it's heading for "Sayid"... which is just funky.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:47 PM   #1284
Celeval
Pro Starter

Also, dunno if it's a writer's nod or an actual clue... but the guy arrived (supposedly) in a hot air balloon and is named Henry Gale.

Dorothy Gale is the famed Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz... Henry is her uncle (the other half of Auntie Em).. the Wizard left the Emerald City by hot air balloon. Just sayin'
Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #1285
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
An early post from a different userboard uses:

http://www.eyelid.co.uk/e-name.htm

and says the heiroglyphics translate to syaid or some such... which given that they're shuffling when Locke resets it, implies that it's heading for "Sayid"... which is just funky.

I don't believe it if that site is correct. The symbol that was on the far right is not one of the symbols you see when you type Sayid into it.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 02-15-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #1286
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't believe it if that site is correct. The symbol that was on the far right is not one of the symbols you see when you type Sayid into it.

I'm not sure either, but I don't have a picture of the heiros, and didn't DVR it tonight.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:03 PM   #1287
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14770
Old 02-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #1288
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the symbols mean: cause to die

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 02-15-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #1289
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, I don't watch the previews, but I saw the pictures of the clock on page 25 which seems to be completely different than the clock that was in this week's episode. and the picture of Sawyer with a hand gun? did I miss that in this episode? I know he had a pistol in the jungle with hurley...but I don't remember anything that looked like that pose.

I don't think those are anything other than production issues, but it's pretty annoying
Old 02-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #1290
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
so, I don't watch the previews, but I saw the pictures of the clock on page 25 which seems to be completely different than the clock that was in this week's episode. and the picture of Sawyer with a hand gun? did I miss that in this episode? I know he had a pistol in the jungle with hurley...but I don't remember anything that looked like that pose.

I don't think those are anything other than production issues, but it's pretty annoying

I don't remember Sawyer with the gun from last week's preview, I think someone just put that up. I could be wrong, but I don't think that was in the previews at all.

The clock does look to be different though, which is a bit troubling. Hopefully I'm missing something.

I liked Kate's dad being in this one. I'm also wondering if the guy that gave $ to Sayid at the end will be returning in future episodes.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:47 AM   #1291
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Took me about a minute, but I realized the guy who gave the $ to Sayid is the head guard in The Shawshank Redemption.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #1292
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Took me about a minute, but I realized the guy who gave the $ to Sayid is the head guard in The Shawshank Redemption.

He was also a major, major character in the HBO show "Carnivale." This makes back-to-back weeks of HBO series actors popping up. The woman who plays Joanie Stubbs in Deadwood was the woman in Sawyer's flashback last week.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #1293
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger

You had to know that was going to be the case. They almost always try and throw you off on the previews (aka Jin speaking english but only a dream) and make it seem like something else.

As for the picture of Sawyer in the jungle, that was my fault. It was in response to me getting yelled at for posting a picture of the clock, saying that it didn't do anything spoilerwise, it was in the previews and a picture of sawyer with a gun in the jungle (I believe was from Season 1) would be just about as much as a spoiler as a clock.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #1294
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Dola

Just a thought but the clock looks like the "flipping numbers" are not encased in glass, and Locke just saw some weird symbols that it flipped to. If I was Locke, I would get some sort of ladder, and see if I can flip the things to those symbols to get a better read on them and go from there.

I assume Locke will just forget what he saw and carry on. When the countdown went to 0, it sounded like some huge machine was warming up and about to activated, could this be some sort of huge magnet (pulls planes, boats, other metal objects to it).
Old 02-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #1295
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I liked this one, but am weary of the weekly interruptions.

Favorite bits this week came from Sawyer crushing the cute little frog in his bare hand and giving it to Hurley. Sawyer saying Hurley's Ranch Dressing habit would be "all over the coconut internet."

Least favorite: Hieroglyphics on the clock.

WTF is with that? I mean, the computers are old, but not that old. What could possibly be the point of ancient Egyptian writing on a pre-LED era output device?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #1296
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants
I liked this one, but am weary of the weekly interruptions.

Favorite bits this week came from Sawyer crushing the cute little frog in his bare hand and giving it to Hurley. Sawyer saying Hurley's Ranch Dressing habit would be "all over the coconut internet."

Least favorite: Hieroglyphics on the clock.

WTF is with that? I mean, the computers are old, but not that old. What could possibly be the point of ancient Egyptian writing on a pre-LED era output device?

I saw somewhere else where a bunch of people were up in arms about Sawyer crushing the frog. Why would he!? How could he? For no reason. Boo hoo. Animal cruelty puts him as one of the lowest forms of people ... as if stealing and murdering didn't already put him there.

I also wasn't impressed with the hieroglyphics. Unless there is a time machine or worm hole to ancient Egypt burried behind that cement wall, I don't see why there would be glyphs on the countdown. (There is one idea that I have, but I'm not quite sold on it and don't want to ruin it for people if it turns out to be the case... but at anyrate the odds are they just want to keep people wondering why w/out any legitimate reason.)

I am kind of tired of people complaining about stuff being out of character as if people react consistently with their character (however that is viewed by the outside world) all the time. I understand why a bullying, petty, thief like Sawyer would crush the frog (to send a subtle message to Hurley who had just stood up to him). I understand why Locke would be against arming people yet be for torturing the captive.

I will be very disappointed if they let the captive get away (or killed like what happened once already). And if I were there I would have Sayid in that room until he gave up all the secrets.

I also like the idea of a Sayid ran army a little better than a Jack ran army since Jack is apparently unwilling to actually hurt someone.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #1297
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgadfly
I saw somewhere else where a bunch of people were up in arms about Sawyer crushing the frog. Why would he!? How could he? For no reason. Boo hoo. Animal cruelty puts him as one of the lowest forms of people ... as if stealing and murdering didn't already put him there.

I also wasn't impressed with the hieroglyphics. Unless there is a time machine or worm hole to ancient Egypt burried behind that cement wall, I don't see why there would be glyphs on the countdown. (There is one idea that I have, but I'm not quite sold on it and don't want to ruin it for people if it turns out to be the case... but at anyrate the odds are they just want to keep people wondering why w/out any legitimate reason.)

I am kind of tired of people complaining about stuff being out of character as if people react consistently with their character (however that is viewed by the outside world) all the time. I understand why a bullying, petty, thief like Sawyer would crush the frog (to send a subtle message to Hurley who had just stood up to him). I understand why Locke would be against arming people yet be for torturing the captive.

I will be very disappointed if they let the captive get away (or killed like what happened once already). And if I were there I would have Sayid in that room until he gave up all the secrets.

I also like the idea of a Sayid ran army a little better than a Jack ran army since Jack is apparently unwilling to actually hurt someone.
I agree with your out-of-character comments and would add that Sayid addressed that issue in his last speech with Charley. He said he didn't think he had being a torturer in him until he did it, so you never know what you can do in life. That's part of 'Lost'--finding out what you're really made of. Some folks become heroes, others chicken out or go feral.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #1298
Raiders Army
Coordinator

With Mike gone, Jack is increasingly the most annoying character. He outstrips Ana Lucia by a long shot.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #1299
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
With Mike gone, Jack is increasingly the most annoying character. He outstrips Ana Lucia by a long shot.

Agreed.

He is a very good candidate for a bitchslapping.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #1300
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Is it ok to post pictures from this last episode yet? Pictures that have stuff that you may have missed? Wanted to ask before I post a picture about the episode that was already aired.